Speaker 1: My Heart podcasts. Hear more gold podcast playlists, and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 2: The Criterion de.
Speaker 3: Sa Criterion, Yesie, Tracy and Gary and Karen too, King, Richard and Dennis joined the crew side voted signs, very painted walls and showed out to Keegan who did all the floors. Criterion Criterion, Yesie.
Speaker 1: Let's tell you about the amazing story of the last couple of weeks and save our pubs.
Speaker 2: Where God save them pub.
Speaker 3: Where God saved up Palm.
Speaker 1: Over the last couple of weeks we've been on a mission to save Ossie pubs thanks to four extra pubs calling somewhere between the first sip and the last laugh. It's always a four x. So we found the pub we wanted to well, at first we thought it was going to be a reno. It is a rhnno moral restoration because the pub I know a lot of you have seen it on our social account. You can see the videos that's been going on over the last couple of weeks. We've got daily updates. We found this beautiful pub and a beautiful couple that were running it as well. Tracy and Gary up in the place called Helodon about an hour and a half outside Brisbane and the Riuo and I went up there a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with Tracy and Gary and this pub in the whole story. They saw it online. They were looking for somewhere, a big family home that they could retire to. They sed the grandkids to run around. They saw this pub, but then when they moved in, they couldn't shut the pub down. And Tracy Gary were ideally hoping to retire. They spent the last two years as accidental publicans running a pub they did not want to be running, but they do it because they care about the community and those kind of Aussies, you know, people like this. And also the other thing to tell you something about Tracy, two weeks into when they moved into place, found out that she had MS as well. That has not diminished the zest for life that Tracy has. She is irrepressible. And we'd be up there this Friday. We're doing the big unveil. We're taking the show. We're all flying up to No Sleep to Tomba. Yes, we're rocking up in Tomba on Thursday night, hitting it hard and then the big live show on Friday, and it's not just us coming doing the entire show up there. We have a very special musical guest singing live. All great parts need live entertainment. We've got Shannon no No. Only is he doing this banger while a monkey dog intimidates him, it's also going to do if he sticks around anyway, Let's get the star of all the song right now. Tracy joins us live Morning Legends, Good morning, how are you? I'm great, Tracy, I'm great. We love chance you. So what a couple of weeks for you and Gary? What have been some of your highlights? Is this reno is going around you know, your home.
Speaker 4: Everything's a highlights down to you know, having the walls painted, to the sign writing furniture starting to arrive.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It is a world whin. It's something we've never in a million years would have believed it would happen to that.
Speaker 1: The sign writer is great, isn't it?
Speaker 4: The guys, Yes, and so totally blown our minds that this would happen.
Speaker 1: And Shannon no also then performing live as well Friday. That's going to be amazing.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're getting so many Facebook messages and phone calls.
Speaker 1: Did you think Chrity. I didn't you know you had a phone line there?
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, it's just came in the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: Wonderful. Wow. All right, So Tracy, what is happening this week? Because obviously it's the last couple of days. You know, it's all got to be done Thursday. So what are they doing this week?
Speaker 4: So this week, this morning the floors are going in, is the paintings being finished off, the carpenter's being finished off, the furnitures arriving, everything's coming together this week?
Speaker 1: And has it been chaos for you? And Gary? Because this is also your home and you've had a wedding. Someone had their wedding reception there.
Speaker 4: The wedding was wonderful. We had million, seventy guests. So the wedding, they absolutely loved it. They couldn't believe the transformation that the shed had taken over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks actually it's starting to look incredible. I see the videos every day now we sense up our man in to and Pete. Last week? Was he you can be honest, was he any good? It didn't appear that he did anything.
Speaker 4: Up there, Christian. He hopped in our dodge and drove down the wrong side of the street.
Speaker 1: What he's not even European. What do you mean he went down the wrong side of the streets.
Speaker 4: I know people were asking where. I kept saying America.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They just took off like a bed of hell, doing.
Speaker 1: A little part of the street like ad Tracy Chapman song, fast car that's peaks like the nervous wreck. It would appear all he did was only report back on how good the local spar shop is, to get some snacks for the trades that were working there.
Speaker 6: And it sounded like he had a lot of bacon and egg rolls that you made from Tracy.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yes, and coffee large cups, short cups, little cups, big cup.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry to say he's insisted. I wonder now he told me he's going back Wednesday to scout a hand to get everything ready. Now I know where's going to this is, Go and get more of those bacon rolls and coffee from me, Tracy.
Speaker 4: Well hide the carkeets.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't wait to see you Friday morning for the big unveil, Tracy. Good luck this week, enjoy all and as always a joy to chat you mate.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Christian see you.
Speaker 7: Friday we will the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, big week for us. On the show, we are on the road Thursday, No sleep te crew on the road Towoomba.
Speaker 2: Watch chapter.
Speaker 1: We are heading it hard Thursday night and then Friday morning we are live from the pub that has been renovated though last couple of weeks, the greatest pub in Australia, the Criterion Hotel in head An on half outside of Brisbane, Queensland. That's the show Friday, we are live there for the grand unveiling. Now we've had this message, this is exciting. An official welcome from the mayor of.
Speaker 8: Where Hey, Christian, It's Tanya Milligan, mayor of the Lochya Valley.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to say a huge thank you for.
Speaker 8: Doing what you are doing for the Criterion Hotel and a Haliden community. The pub is a key part in the heart of this town and I cannot wait to see the transformation this Friday with Shannon nol live of course, which will be the icing on the cake.
Speaker 1: Well, she's sort's a muffler voice at the end of something kidnapped. At the end of muffled release, Our mayor yes, all right, so Mayor Tanya Milligan, a lovely welcome there. Please Mayor come down. This is your manor. We're in your house, so please come down Friday. How do you become How does one become a mayor? Are you voted in?
Speaker 10: Yes, you have to be elected.
Speaker 1: Do you run for office? Yeah?
Speaker 6: They are you voting for the council and the council votes to the mayor or? Do you are you voting just straight mainlining it to.
Speaker 11: The mayor council, isn't it?
Speaker 1: So you run for office? So shame. It's like, you know, we had like the you know, like big cities the mayor of because they have quite a have a budget.
Speaker 10: Yes, oh yeah, yes, so.
Speaker 1: It's not just a sort of it's not just a title, a proper job. You've got those, right, it's the big cities.
Speaker 2: But yeah, not like the town crier or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's an actual They have actual powers and responsibility.
Speaker 1: It's a full time job. It's quite well paid, right and do they have the chains as well? Now should turn up in the mayoral robes and chains because it looks incredible that pomp, you know, obviously as a as a British guy love pomp and Germany. I hope you're going to turn up with the with that mayor the mayor robes and they get that big mister T sort of necklace. And I'm sure there's a better name than mister T necklace. I think mister T models has looks on. I don't forget the key to the city, do you reckon? They'll give us. That'd be awesome, Wow, the key to the hell. I mean there's only three buildings there. One of them is the pub, the other one is a police station, the other one is that sparse store across the road.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 1: And then the other big thing. So Friday, we're really doing the big unfailing for the accidental publicans that the most beautiful people Tracy and Gary, and we have live music as well with the one and only you say show in a pub, You've got to how Shannon No Is going to be singing. He's doing three songs live this Friday.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Shannon No our big guest in the Big Friday Show live from our renovated pub, the Criteria in Hotel in Heled in Queensland. This Friday. Shannon are performing live so we're flying up Thursday and then we're staying in a nearby town called to Woomba. If anyone has any facts about to Woomba, I'm looking for them this morning.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: The Chuckle sisters have been doing some research and I can tell these aren't very good. I tell you why. Rio. They just came in just now with a piece of paper that didn't even know they could even fill a piece of paper. It was like a third fall. And I went to tell you, what don't you do these? And they looked at each other. Oh god, so you know what it's like. You know, you do your own, You do your own here. They were happy for me to do this substant affair, but that is when I said you do it, they were like, oh god, okay, all right, all right, let's see what they've got. No sleep, chuckle sisters, what can you tell us about to Womba?
Speaker 12: Alrighty, to woomber is the second most populous inland city in Australia.
Speaker 11: Behind Canbra. That's very impressive.
Speaker 12: I don't know how many inland cities there are, but it's the second most part.
Speaker 1: You will find that inland cities isn't a category, is it? Adding it is now. I guess maybe who are they competing with?
Speaker 2: Orange Camera?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Let's get all this ready for the production. I want to hear that production going tomorrow. The Christian O'Connor Show is live from Australia's second most popular inland city. Next fact from Twarmer chuckle, sisters Stephen Bradery.
Speaker 13: And Sonya Kruger were born.
Speaker 10: And raised there.
Speaker 1: That is good, Okay, yeah, alrighty.
Speaker 12: The next one, it's a host of Australia's longest running floral festival, Wow Flowers. It was the first warm accounival of Flowers that ran since nineteen fifty so it's been going for a bloody long time.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 13: Next to Womber, fact in eighteen ninety three, what of the show's first appendectomies were performed on a waching table into wombar and she survived?
Speaker 1: That's my favorite one, the appendectory fact. This is my favorite one. All right, one more, Kaitlyn, what have you got? It's gonna be as good as that appendect toy one Okay to Womber.
Speaker 11: Claims the Lemington was actually created there.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that is a big flex.
Speaker 11: No solid proof, but we'll stick with it.
Speaker 1: Most sort of country towns claim that they invented the Lamington. It's hard to work out who actually did invent the Lamington. So to Womba claims that they invented the Lamington.
Speaker 11: They absolutely do.
Speaker 12: Twomberg claims that the Lamington was created there at the Harlexton House.
Speaker 11: I don't know what that is, but I believe them.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can go on a little walking tour of to Woman when we get the Thursday.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Our special guests singing live on this Friday show. Shannon No, why because this Friday is the big live pub show. We'll be live for the whole show. Friday, we are flying up to Brisbane. From Brisbane to to Womber. Tomorrow night we're partying hard twenty four our party people into Wimber, if that's even possible, and then Friday we are doing the show, the big live pub show in heledon the pub that we've been renovating the last couple of weeks, the Beautiful Criteria in Hotel. It's the grand unvel. Shannonol singing live, doing three songs for us, which is going to be incredible and also you can win Australia's biggest ever meet. Now as we really get excited about going to a part of the country, maybe not many Australians know about Helendon And so I've asked the chuckle sisters. Those are the producers on the show entitle anyway.
Speaker 10: Phenomena tipillar menomena.
Speaker 1: Chuckle sisters. I've asked you there. Let's looking confused, chuckle sisters. I asked you to come up with some Hellden facts to educate and ideally entertain all of us. Chuckle sisters.
Speaker 11: What you got alrighty?
Speaker 12: Helendon was the home to the to Australia's largest swimming pool in the nineteen sixties. Wow, holding about three point four million leaders of spring water.
Speaker 11: That he's equivalent to three Olympic swimming pools.
Speaker 1: That's a huge pool. What do we need such a large pool for.
Speaker 11: You will learn as we go down the list that they are famous for their spring water. So I don't know. They just must have gone this is ripper. Let's make a big goal.
Speaker 1: He used to be called helden Water something else. Now, Ah, that's not that the name of the town. Yeah, wow, yeah, you used to sell it. Yeah, I'm pretty sure. It's called held and water, but someone has brought them out. I guess the way it goes, and it's called something else.
Speaker 14: Now, yeah, it's attraction.
Speaker 1: So that's oh yeah, Come see the large swimming pool they would have come for all over Queensland. There's a bit of a breakdown pace here.
Speaker 13: Sorry hello the towns Hello, hello, hello.
Speaker 1: Hello Tina. All right, Tina, what have you got? The fact about Helendon?
Speaker 13: So the town's mineral spring led to the creation of the Halladin Spawater Company became the kirk Soft Tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now it's known as Kirk's.
Speaker 11: It's the original home of Kirks Yeah yeah, true, yeah huge yea.
Speaker 12: Three point nine billion cases are sold annually of kirk All these facts.
Speaker 1: A page of just come off Kirk's website.
Speaker 11: No, it's an Australian loved brand.
Speaker 14: We all love it.
Speaker 11: Pisido gingerole, lemon squol.
Speaker 14: Anymore.
Speaker 1: That aren't to do like the sandstone is to talk of China.
Speaker 11: I'm getting to that us best for last.
Speaker 1: Let me start with the best, all right.
Speaker 12: Helden sandstone is world famous and has been used in major buildings like Brisbane City Hall and the Treasury Building, but not only.
Speaker 11: That flex China absolutely loves it.
Speaker 1: Day by the mad held sandstone.
Speaker 11: Yes, which is incredible for such a small little town.
Speaker 6: What's that good about the held and sandstone?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hellden he queens.
Speaker 1: These are the producers.
Speaker 12: High quality sandstone, which is highly sought after. But the Chinese developers, so it's just high quality. Obviously they've searched the whole world and they said not Helenden.
Speaker 11: Is the best.
Speaker 1: They're like, yeah nah, as I would say the Aussies, we want some of that delicious Helodon spring water, and we'll have some of these sandstone as well. If it's good enough for breezy town hall and treasury, we'll have it all right. Okay, that's the end of the d the best to last, I thought, I thought I got the sandstone's the big finisher.
Speaker 12: Also, just remembering that currently only about one thousand people live in Heldon.
Speaker 1: Why do I need to remember that? I don't work for the Census Department.
Speaker 11: Huge achievements by such a smart.
Speaker 1: To mate and how old spring.
Speaker 13: Anyway, the Begs once for folded the Hellden Spy in nineties.
Speaker 1: Wow, there we go, there we go, we got there. Wow, that is a killer one.
Speaker 12: The Beg's in Heldon the Begs and this Friday shedd.
Speaker 6: Wow, long time between drinks for the big act in Helendon on nineteen sixty and now.
Speaker 1: Fifty years leave it so long? Do you know what this says to me? Okay, Yeah, he's going to do his hits. Shannon's going to do his hits. He's going to do his version of horses brilliant. He also needs to just pay it back to the bee gees. Yes, now he's got an Friday morning fever.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today is travel day for me and the team. After they show, we will fly up to Brisbane and then our and a half of the taxi we are staying tonight in till Womba and then tomorrow live for the big live pub show in Heldon at the Criteria in Hotel, which has kind of become I guess Australia's most famous pub. Yeah, definitely at the moment. Yeah, because of the last couple of weeks has been renovated. Thank you for ready for everyone who's been working so hard up there over the last couple of weeks. Lot of them given their time for free as well. In fact, Pete's into and Pete is up there live right now, Pete, you're there on the good Good morning guys.
Speaker 15: I have arrived and he's a big day ahead, but obviously travel day for you guys. But then on site here a lot of things are happening ready for the outside broadcast tomorrow when Nolsey takes over the town and gets ready for his performance.
Speaker 14: But I guess I've got a few things.
Speaker 15: I'm calling them the hallidin headlines of things you need to know that are going on around the place here this morning. Most importantly is a last minute a little bit of a curve ball today because we're still under renovation, but.
Speaker 14: We actually have a funeral taking place later on this morning.
Speaker 1: It's not that dog, is it.
Speaker 14: No, Dig's fine, I've seen Digger.
Speaker 15: It is unfortunately one of one of the beautiful. Yes, So we are in full swing of setup. But then also solom trying to get ready for the outside broadcast. We'll have a funeral in the middle there.
Speaker 14: There's going to be a lot going on here this morning, which I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: So I've arrived. The people that are actually sending somebody off, that are actually overcoming a loss and then but in's still a building site there today it.
Speaker 14: Is still a building side. At the moment there is the blinds.
Speaker 1: The brain people are stating next to someone who's having a meeting at five past sex.
Speaker 14: Ye isn't it just live on the air here Christy was saying, if you guys.
Speaker 1: She's coming from the world of TV.
Speaker 14: We're talking about the Elite portables.
Speaker 15: We've got a new setup as well, so we're in the middle of full setup, live radio and some bits and bobs.
Speaker 14: Morning girls, Thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Now, Pete, the one thing I sent you up the ticket sort out was the red carpet and the scissors. How have you got on with that? Because obviously I want the publicans Gary and Tracy. The reason why we're going up the tomorrow is sort of big unvowl and so right in the middle of the show eight o'clock, I want them to walk down the red carpet into their own pub that we give back to.
Speaker 15: Yes, they have great news, We definitely have red carpet. Not so great news for the business is I've over ordered the red carpet and we now have enough red carpet that can pretty much take up the main drag of Paladin.
Speaker 1: Order. This is the line, don't we set a world record for the world's longest red carpet.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna be honest with you. I think we can do that.
Speaker 1: So how many meters? If you got four or five?
Speaker 14: Well, I just ordered a ten meter one.
Speaker 1: But it looks like that's a runway. That is a Runwayala there.
Speaker 14: That is a lot in itself. But the reality is there's about.
Speaker 15: Five of those roles, so that's kind of there's multiple we have a few meters.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what we do. Then at the towards the end of to my show, let's give away to five listens. What do you need some red carpet for? It shouldn't be just a VIP and showbies everybody. Everybody should have the joy of walking along a red carpet. You might have a birthday party the next couple of weeks. Image on the first day at work rolled red carpet or cars seven it's you're leaving work and rolled out your own exit red carpet. Either way, let's use that red carpet too soon.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about tomorrow's show. It is the big live show show on the road. No sleep till to Woomba for me and the dream Team and Pete. Let's go to our location for tomorrow where Intern Pete, who again was flowing up at great expense to go and give us some color pieces, is currently trapped inside a vehicle outside of the pub.
Speaker 14: Yes, a nineteen fifty six dodge with four X on the side.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful little dodge out by the way. So when we were up there, it's stunning that thing.
Speaker 14: It's so great.
Speaker 15: Actually, it's even greater when you can open the doorstow Legitimately, both doors I can't open, and no one's taking my text messages or calls inside the pub. It's thirteen degrees outside and about thirty three inside here at the moment, I am absolutely sweet.
Speaker 1: We cannot leave dogs in hot cars or intern peats.
Speaker 14: You legit U.
Speaker 15: I'm sotwat like I can see the guy from a distance who are cleaning up the seerage down the road.
Speaker 14: It was just so loud, but no one is paying any attention whatsoever. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I'm actually getting stressed out now that you're trapped in there. That was so dangerous crack a window. We got this kid, this is this is Gary's love and joy, young kicker window.
Speaker 14: I can't smash the window.
Speaker 15: This is a vintage like this is their prize position here at the Criteria Hotel. So lots of things happening tomorrow, guys, obviously.
Speaker 1: Break it down for us. Break it down for us in term Pete, this is your chance to redeem yourself after your potty language ten minutes ago. Pete, by the way, sent me a creepy Crawley apology.
Speaker 14: Yeah I did ye ye ben I's private message.
Speaker 1: So hey heyo thing. Apologies for swearing ten things went at once, smashed my hand in the Nora, etcetera. But will we super cautious moving on the very profession all right, So break it down for us tomorrow morning the show goes live at six from the Criteria in hotel. What are some of the big highlights to excite the listener right now, Pete, the big highlights.
Speaker 15: No matter where you are in Australia, you could probably make it in time to Haladin.
Speaker 14: That's right in Queensland. Wherever you are right and if you are in the area of Haladin and surrounds, be here before six a m.
Speaker 15: When the doors will officially open with the Kreshian O'Connell show live from a pub.
Speaker 14: We've been saving pubs for the last month or so.
Speaker 15: This is going to be a huge, spectacular performances by shannonol brass bands, extended red carpets, egg and spoon ray scissors that cost over six hundred dollars and really they're just a bunch of garden shears. To be hundred dollars order them from the US and I realized when they rocked down here in time.
Speaker 14: No, they're here. They're here already. It's all good. We're sordered with that as well. There will be the officials.
Speaker 1: We don't have that kind of money. Seriously, we're not on anymore. We don't have bunch.
Speaker 14: Wasn't mean to say that.
Speaker 1: That dose to be going back tomorrow at nine am. Yes, the receipt, make sure you got the swing tag on them.
Speaker 10: Good falla.
Speaker 15: It is going to be one of the most incredible mornings as we see and guess what he's going to be doing a tribute to Darryl Braithwaite, who retired from music, performing horses live on stage here, which is just awesome.
Speaker 1: Brilliant stuff. I cannot wait, Pete. We'll see you there later on tonight.
Speaker 15: Beautiful And once again, if anyone's listening, please if they could come outside and.
Speaker 14: Get out of here literally anyway, seeing.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, guys can't wait, all right, we will tune into my morning. It's going a very very very special show tomorrow. We're abviously very excited about it. Also, you can win us his biggest ever meet Trey. The real reason isn't all the great stuff we've got lined up for tomorrow show. It's to hear Tracy and Gary at the heart of this at the heart of this community, in this lovely place called headed And is a pub that almost got shut down two years ago by Tracy and Gary who this place online. I thought, this ancient old pub, we can shut this down and make it into a family home place that the grandkids can play around. They move into it, and then I say's no way we can do this. This is the heart of the community. And this is what the pubs mean to us. They're not just buildings, they are the hearts. It's the front rooms of Australia are these country pubs. So tune in to hear their story. And the joy you're going to hear tomorrow as we hand them back their pub that we've been kind of renovating and restoring over the last couple of weeks. It's going to be a very special show. Cannot wait to head up there. We see you tomorrow morning at.
Speaker 7: Six Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Australia. This is the Christian O'Connell Show. This morning you can probably hear from the rental crowd. We are live from the pub guard and good morning, Helldon and the criteria in a how to hotel rio. We actually have a crowd here. No, this is evy and it is fresh.
Speaker 10: Are you cold?
Speaker 1: Yes? Are you going to be warmed up by some brilliant news this morning by Shannon?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, none of those sort of been possible without the general support of this man here, Pat from four X been around pass four pas four X. We're gonna give away some four X right now for knockoff Friday. This is the thing we do every Friday on the show where we ask you what the best question anyone can ask you on a Friday? What time you're knocking off our orders? A highlight for you this weekend. Now to make your betthers, go out your weekend, go a bit smoother. We're going to give away some delicious forests. Pat, thank you very much for being at the great support of what we've been doing here. Big round fowes on. Pat. You are nice, welcome and you might not know this, but Pat actually invented four x what had been called mister foro egg. Yes, okay, maybe it's my height. I don't know, Christian, can you believe this? This is amazing? Thank you very much.
Speaker 16: I reckon that is a ripper turnout and that just demonstrates what Queensland's all about. So a big world done to everyone from the community of Ellen and go Queensland.
Speaker 1: A all right, So calling now thirteen fifty five twenty two and so it's what time you're knocking off and we away some for its what you're off to Greece today?
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 6: I'm going straight to the airport watching a soccer.
Speaker 1: Use is going to be a real tamper to change from him to Greece. Yeah, my suitcase is very confused.
Speaker 6: But if my partner's been in Greece for last three weeks barely talk to me. I think he's a little bit upset that I'm going to be meeting him over there, but I'll be running straight over to Greece after this.
Speaker 1: Of course. Yes, Soccer's in action midday must win game. Are you all going to be watching the game at twelve? There's about three people here. I forgot him in Queensland. It's the wrong shape ball. They're watching replayers of game two in Origin.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell show go On podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell showed we are live from the grand reopening of the pub, even renovating over the last three and a half crazy weeks. Shannon not is going to be singing live at about five minutes time before that though, because we are kind of like handing the pub back to the accidental publicans Tracy and Gary this morning. We have a several areas that are really being reopened, so we're going to have some live simultaneous ribbon cutting right now. So Pete, what have you got to be reopened?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Well, obviously we've got Dennis here, has done an incredible job during this renovations and of course Pat from Forrest.
Speaker 14: Can we just give them a massive round of appause?
Speaker 7: Four?
Speaker 10: Ex Dennis, what you have done here? Is just incredible.
Speaker 14: I just want to spend a quick mone with Dennis, who.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you do, but we must focus on I just watch him, Dennis.
Speaker 14: I know my apologies. Dennis called into your car. I'm scared to touch you shoulder.
Speaker 15: But what I want to say is you we were here six weeks ago, and just paint the picture what you saw six weeks ago to what you're seeing today, which you've done as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 15: Six weeks ago, as you said, we walk out here and it was a pretty blank canvas, which was great, but Tracy and Gary had created what you have is a nice foundation.
Speaker 17: So we've worked on that and now obviously the four x big garden is taking.
Speaker 15: Shape absolutely and Understeed. I've just spotted someone in my other eye now and we've been calling him. I think we need to do a big all hail to King Rich, who is here, who has literally been running this place for the last six weeks. We just take a moment right now, Rich, honestly to see all hail King Rich.
Speaker 1: This one has given up so much of his company's time. He's throwing everything into this.
Speaker 14: You have thrown so much of this.
Speaker 15: Everyone on site here has just been saying the incredible kindness and you don't stop.
Speaker 14: Twenty four to seven. How are you feeling today to see this finished product?
Speaker 1: Oh? Awesome, it's great. It's very proud.
Speaker 6: I've got all our boys over here that put all their blood, sweat and tears into it.
Speaker 2: They should be very very proud of what they've done. Cheers, boys, it's not like I did it all.
Speaker 1: Very big part of it.
Speaker 15: As we said, we're cutting ribbons every thirty minutes. We'll be opening the toilet hopefully very soon as well the bread toilets. We've got pat from four X back. We thought we better open the beer guarden officially. Right, So we've got the six hundred dollars pair of scissors that we accidentally purchased here.
Speaker 14: They are very very sharp.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do a countdown and pat for four X. You're going to open up. You have the honors of it in real the big garden.
Speaker 16: Big, big congratulations to you both. And here is to the four X Big Guard and give it a chee.
Speaker 10: Five four three cutting the river.
Speaker 1: Wow, exciting scenes and right now the excitement doesn't stop. Guys. We now cross live to the toilets. It's time to reopen the toilets live on the show today. All right, Pete, if you head to the bay.
Speaker 15: I shipped over the beer garden because I was on my way to the tours. But I realized Tanya the Mayor's back and we thought, I we'll just do another ribbon gunning at the front while I make my way to the toilet.
Speaker 14: Hey, live radio, Okay, tenure, not ribbon.
Speaker 1: So what are you actually reopening now yourself?
Speaker 15: We're just going to open the other side of the beer garden, okay, not as pans mine, such a back to the program. He's gonna open the other side, okay? Or should we just go to talk together now?
Speaker 10: Excuse me going to the toilet, Come on, Tania.
Speaker 18: Great.
Speaker 1: What I like is good morning till the local police have come down to the titest. Good morning, arrest that many and we are at around the toilets the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 14: Apologies, We are at the toilet with the first aid man as well. So are you okay?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Okayfully opened the tourist first aid man has been reading a book for the last two hours. Sorry, a first aid book.
Speaker 9: I need to probably say a few words.
Speaker 10: Before we cut the ribbon.
Speaker 14: You didn't say enough before, so let's do it now.
Speaker 9: So I'm thinking, because it is the toilet and it's really really important, I will sign twenty six years. I've never ever ever opened up.
Speaker 1: The toilets, but it's time time.
Speaker 9: May the flow always be so freely, May the toilet paper always be soft, and may the line always get get through really quickly when.
Speaker 1: You're in a hurry. Beautiful words, beautifulredibly, please reopen the toilets now, opening the.
Speaker 14: Toilet so I guess we'll have to count it down together.
Speaker 2: Far three?
Speaker 1: So why, oh wow, what a big moment of moments this morning? All right when we come back, Shannon no Is singing live.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Over the last four weeks we've been on a mission to try and save the pumps of Australia. All thanks to four X. We have done something quite crazy, insane the last three and a half weeks. No one has ever heard of a renovation. Renovations take months and months and months. The team here, so many people. We've got to thank. We do that the next ten minutes to make this possible. This pub looks completely different from the beautiful pub, but it already was when we found it five weeks ago. So this morning, at this moment, it's a very special moment. We've got a red carpet, a genuinely massive, very thick, heavy, very heavy that eighteen people had to roll out. This thickest carpet I've ever known.
Speaker 2: It's straight from the met Gala.
Speaker 1: Actually from Buckingham Palace. It's King Charles's carpet. And the accidental publicans have been calling them, and that is Gary and Tracy. This is their home. They brought this as a home two years ago and then they couldn't close it down. So we're going to give the pub back to them now as they reopen it. There's a guard of honor being formed as we welcome back to their own pub and we hand it back to them. Gary and Tracy, come on down the red carpet and then Shannon I was going to sing song number two. Guard of Honor here utterly confusing, more like a scene from a cult if anything to honest, big run up blast. So Tracy and Gary, it is time for the giant scissors. We give you the honors to do the grand reopening off your very own pub, the greatest pub on Earth the Criterion Hotel. Now go, yeah, we now give the pub back to you now, Tracey, you what a crazy couple of weeks has been. How are you feeling today? Overwhelmed? It's huge, it is, isn't it. There's just this beautiful crowd here. They've all come out because they love what you two have done here and what you've really been looking after for the last two years and on behalf of your community. Thank you very much for looking after and keeping this pub going. We're just so thankful that you could do it for us and facing the community. Yeah, it's a lot of it, doesn't it look incredible? I mean it looked beautiful when really when I came here a couple of weeks ago. But it's kind of restored and now this is a gift for the community over the next couple of years.
Speaker 10: It is, it is and she'll live on now are you?
Speaker 1: Are you sick of us? Now? Your eyes say different? Now I'm just a little concerned, al right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think they're here for quite a few of the community. Actually, now Big round Blaws are these two legends. Honestly, this is what Australia means is people like YouTube. Thank you very much for making us feel so welcomed the last couple of weeks. We've loved it this morning. Thank you very much. Everyone who's coming along now? Are we ready for song too with Shannon No. Yes, let's bring Shannon No back on stage now live on Gold for song number two. Big round applause for Shannon No. He's just trying to stay warm in front of the heater. Shannon, come and join us a song number two. So Shanna, thank you very much for doing this. Is this the coldest gig you've ever done?
Speaker 18: No, I sadly know, just the early morning things, that's all. It's a bit I've getting the vocal cords going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there aren't many rock festivals that are eight in the morning for good reason. Well, I have to say, isn't his voice sounding amazing this morning? You're belting it out, you're surning O, absolutely brilliant. You're the perfect perfect person come and sing live this morning. And what a great crowd here is terrific.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for coming out. Guys really appreciates.
Speaker 1: All right, ovid Shannon for song too. Thank you.
Speaker 5: There'sh't livn't buy him waiting at the counter of a corner shot. He's been waiting down then wait and have the day they never ready seen from the hood top.
Speaker 17: He gets boosted around, knock through the crowd.
Speaker 10: He gets to his feet and he said, come on, what about in me? It isn't fair. I've had enough. Now I walk by shift. Got you see?
Speaker 7: I want to live?
Speaker 17: Ujized take more than you keep.
Speaker 5: There's a pretty girl said at the counter of a corner shop.
Speaker 10: She's been waiting back there. We're heading for a dream of dreams again, and that they never stopped. Well, she's not too proud to cry out.
Speaker 17: Alun she runs through the street and she scream, what a butten me, It isn't fair.
Speaker 10: I'm pad enough Now I want my ship. Got you see? I wanna live?
Speaker 17: But you just take more than you again, to take a step back and see the lead up people.
Speaker 10: They many young and downunds who make the bab.
Speaker 17: Ba.
Speaker 10: She listen as they whisper her.
Speaker 1: Wan tell me.
Speaker 10: Now I'm standing on the corner on the world gone.
Speaker 17: Nobody's changed, nobody's been saying.
Speaker 10: And I'm feeling cold and alone. I guess I'm lucky. I smiled a lot, but sometimes I wish for more.
Speaker 19: Then I'm called what about me? It is a fair now had nothing? Now wown't my share? Got Jessie?
Speaker 10: I wanna live? But you chat? Take more? Why about me?
Speaker 17: It is a fair?
Speaker 10: Now that nothing? Now I want not take God? You see, I wanna leave you chast take more?
Speaker 14: You chat?
Speaker 7: Tan you cha?
Speaker 10: Tan man?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Don't tell me?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 10: Don't tell me?
Speaker 7: What is bad?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 10: What about him? Give it up for Shannon?
Speaker 1: No The Morning Live on Goals, the greatest pup on a what a great song? Not bad way to reopen a pub rio?
Speaker 14: Can you see me?
Speaker 1: I got trapped at the back. There's so many people. I'm over here. I can't I'm trapped at the back. I actually I went for a walking. I'm trapped at the back. There's there's such a big thick crowd here. How great was that? Shadding No.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, it is time for us to say goodbye and a huge thank you. If there's one thing we've learned the last couple of weeks, pubs are really really important. Over the last twenty years, sixty percent of Aussie pubs have gone by the wayside. And when you see everyone here what this community means to this place, and what the place means this community. It reminds us how important pubs are. Please this weekend, get out your house, get off the couch, stop watching Netflix, Go and have a beer, Go and get around each other in your local pubs. These are really special places. Thank you so much for making me and my team still welcome in this morning. Give yourself some round of applause.
Speaker 18: We love this.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's been such fun. Now are we ready for our last song from Shannon?
Speaker 10: Whoo?
Speaker 1: So we once to end with something. Shannon really want to do this? He does this song. It's Darryl Breakthwait's Horses Big news this week, Dal is no longer to be doing it live. He wants to pay homage to a great Aussie icon. Another one, Dal Breakthwait. With our last songs, we say goodbye to everyone here today. Please one more time for his last last morning Shannon no here on goals.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys in Big Shay out of Daryl for this one.
Speaker 18: He's a true blue and a really good mind of mine. And it's really sad that we won't say him on the right anymore. What a stellar career, sir. Here we go sing along.
Speaker 2: If you know the words, guys, you will fly.
Speaker 17: We're pied, wear the cold bean blues, or in the sad, laughing and having fun, and on the people that she knows and the situation she keep us sitting reader.
Speaker 10: No, no, Mae won't fall a pond and you will free the beautiful bird.
Speaker 7: Coating side.
Speaker 10: Did you hear her? And she cried so alive and to wild over water and Kyle, that's the way it's gonna be. And dining, you'll go riding on the hort.
Speaker 17: Said, yeah, way up in the sky and din. If you fall, big bicky, you will cry in until you go.
Speaker 10: I'll be right there by your side.
Speaker 17: Indeedn whiz brother win, she will carry up your life.
Speaker 1: I see all the people of.
Speaker 7: The world.
Speaker 17: And but lonely cry, see them trying every way they know how.
Speaker 10: To make this spirit pride. Can't you see him?
Speaker 17: He's down on the cryd has it broken away, looking on and role that's the.
Speaker 10: Way it's gonna be.
Speaker 17: And dialing you go riding on the horsies, gay, yeah, way up in the sky and died.
Speaker 10: And if you fall, pigul be, come on your finery.
Speaker 17: That's the way it's gonna be little died you go riding on the horses, yeah, way up in a scared and a ting.
Speaker 10: And if you far pick you pick you. That's ways gonna be time you go riding on thissis in.
Speaker 1: W a scar.
Speaker 17: Don't do any day there, Bigure, bigure, that's a way it's gonna be. T you go riding on the osis yeah yeah, way up in.
Speaker 10: A scared and dying and if you fund bigure pick you up.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks so much, guy.
Speaker 10: Thanks so much having us let me a pretty shut it.
Speaker 7: Thank you. Christian O'Connell show go On podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey this is Tracy.
Speaker 7: Thanks golden for it, for saving my purpose.