Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, we had some great calls on the week is Claim to Fame. One of our favorite ones was this one about Fredo frogs.
Speaker 3: My grandfather invented the Freda frog when he was fourteen. He worked at mac Robinson's and it was going to be a mouse. Pop turned around and said, wow, the housewife. They're scared of mire, so why don't we make it a frog? And his boss said, well, you make the mold of the frog and we'll do it now.
Speaker 1: We don't want to look into the varidity of that. Why ruined a good time? Have we got that? He was fourteen? Even though I kept this in this morning, going maybe will we miss it?
Speaker 2: He was forty no when he was fourteen, So imagine what you were like at fourteen. You're just going to go up to what the board meeting, you know, R and D we search and development.
Speaker 1: You went to be sweeping the floors.
Speaker 3: My grandfather invented the Freda frog when he was fourteen. You worked at mac Robinson's. It was going to be a mouse. Pop turned around and said, wow, the housewife, they're scared of mire, so why don't we make it a frog. And his boss said, well, you makes the mold of a frogen, we'll do it muchinic.
Speaker 1: Where was a forty You weren't even even a fourteen year old.
Speaker 2: Here in the rest, I'm about to set seven and go wait a minute, and I go how old are you?
Speaker 1: Fourteen?
Speaker 2: The housewives, Christian and I would just go out, well you make it. This is amazing. So we've got to go back into this. We're doing a special bush now. The weakest claim to fain simply to do with the subject of inventions. So maybe it's a distant grandfather, maybe it's your dad or your mum. Any claim to faine, no matter how weak it is to do with inventions. Best time we get by house some of the morning. We've got gold class, double bar passed to go to gold class. Do you have a story like this.
Speaker 3: My grandfather invented the preda frog when he was fourteen. You worked at mac Robinson's and it was going to be a mouse. Pop turned around and said, wow, the housewives they're scared of mice, so why don't we make it a frog? And his boss said, well, you make the mold of a frog, and we'll do it.
Speaker 1: And the rest is history. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I also related to the guy that invented the Fredo frog. He was my grandmother's grandmother's uncle. Come on, hate to see this. Yesterday we never heard from you. Now suddenly everyone wants to be related to the guy, the fourteen year old boy genius that invented.
Speaker 1: The Fredo frog. Everyone wants to start. It's nasty to see, Christian.
Speaker 2: I hate to bring this late to the table, but yesterday I need to let you know this. I was walking my daughter to daycare. It was raining, so I have my umbrella. After dropping her off, the rain stopped. With the umbrella now closed, I proceeded to walk home using the umbrella as a cane. I felt empowered. Plus, he made the walk back up and steep hill a lot easier pass. His husband needs to cane before his fiftieth hashtag team walking cane.
Speaker 1: You're right, it becomes the cave. He doesn't because then he goes to stick and then before I know it will be on a zimmer frame again.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're doing a special of the weakest clean to Fane. Anything to do with your claim to fane to an invention on nine four one four or one four three kickings off this morning.
Speaker 1: We have hello, no, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: So you're on your way to school. But the sound of it, yeah great, okay? And what is your claim to fain to do with inventions?
Speaker 1: Elena?
Speaker 4: Well, once I had a substitute teacher and he told us that his dad invented the summer Rold chocolate.
Speaker 2: The one was cocinut on it.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: And how did that come up? Were you were you doing a subject on inventions.
Speaker 4: Or yeah, we were doing English class and then we were talking about chocolate and then he just brought it up.
Speaker 1: A bit of a flex, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You know, if you've got that in the family, why wouldn't And was everyone impressed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you would have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How did he say? How was another family came up with the idea?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't.
Speaker 1: Do you like the summer roll, Eleanor it's not my favorite chocolate? It's got coconut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's my mom's favorite chocolate that I like it too?
Speaker 2: Do you have it's normally old people that like chocolate were coconut in Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, lovely? All right, Well, you have a nice schooler. Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right, bye bye, oh bless you and you thank you.
Speaker 1: Graham. Good morning, Hey, gown, I'm good.
Speaker 4: My grandfather invented the taxi moder.
Speaker 1: The meters are in taxis all over the world.
Speaker 4: Oh well, in Australia specifically, it was called the Martinder and it is what turned into what the taxi meders are there? Gyes right?
Speaker 1: Okay, so did they already have them overseas? And he just came, I know it was.
Speaker 4: I was invented here in Australia by my grandfather.
Speaker 2: And what's your granddad's name, Joseph Martin? Right, brilliant, the Martin meter. Get it all right, Graham, thank you very much and cool cool.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Michelle. Good morning, Michelle, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Let me get your great grandfather invented the Fredo frog.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no no, But I.
Speaker 1: Do have a sister that likes to tell tool stories.
Speaker 4: And from from the day it happened to this day, she claims to have invented schoolies on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Used to have, haven't we all got a friend that reckon, they invented something like the ipoord or but this.
Speaker 4: I went from a country town in New South Wales and she claims that.
Speaker 3: When high school finished back in eighty she and her friends went to the Gold Coast to celebrate the end of school and.
Speaker 4: From there on it became schoolies.
Speaker 1: The rest became history.
Speaker 4: That's it wrong.
Speaker 1: As well, what are the origins of schoolies?
Speaker 2: That is it's your mate, that's my sister, your sister, reckon, she invented school is in a Gold Coast. That is incredible. What are you, Michell? I'm going to give you the gold class tickets. That's a brilliant minutes off.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, fabulous, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast