Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seeded. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode of the podcast was recorded on Gadigal Land of the Orination.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, and are welcome back to our very first episode of The Pickup.
Speaker 2: This is a little summation of the week, the best bits, the highlights, and not none of the low lass It's definitely.
Speaker 3: Not the whole thing.
Speaker 4: We cut the low lights, all of them.
Speaker 3: Which is so Mitch is in it all. You're the highlight.
Speaker 2: You all know that. Last year we got to do our awesome Saturday show. We used to have so much fun and Britt, myself, Mitch, the three of us on radio. And this year we have started our very first weekly national show, The Pickup. It is on at three pm to four every single day and this is this week's Pickup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were some great nuggets of gold in there, some great interviews, some great laughs, and some a couple of interventions even thrown in.
Speaker 4: In the first week. We did far too many interventions.
Speaker 3: Always with brit at the bottom of the awful it was always me was that?
Speaker 4: But I also had fun. Are you guys enjoying the first week on air?
Speaker 2: I loved doing radio with you guys, Yeah so much. All right, let's get into the show.
Speaker 4: It's the Pickup with britt, Laura and Mitch. Now Laura went in to unpack something that our beloved Brittany Hockley's up to.
Speaker 3: What's the problem.
Speaker 2: It's the fact that you you recently needed to do a call out for a dog walker. Yes, Now the call out wasn't just a you know, ask your friends, get a recommendation.
Speaker 4: I need someone for one walker day, you know, No.
Speaker 3: This turned into a full interview process. Correct, It was the where's the problem? I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: It was like you were looking for an O pair for children for a yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Like you're hiring a CEO for the position like I have. The Essentially that is exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: Was pacing around the studios on the phone going job history exactly all right? And did you study there long? And why did you leave the career at Telstra?
Speaker 3: I'm like this, poor girl just just set the scene.
Speaker 2: Britt literally did zoom interviews for the dog walker before meeting them in the flesh.
Speaker 3: But then do you want to know when I did so?
Speaker 1: I actually then then I took it a step further, And then I met the one that I thought was going to the chosen one. We met for a for a combat compatibility test.
Speaker 2: Compatibility with her and the dog or her And you like, what does it.
Speaker 4: Matter if it's you it's walking the dog.
Speaker 3: Well I wanted to.
Speaker 1: I wanted to see how she interacted with Delilah. So we met at the park, at the local park. Because you can, I have done this in the past. This is why I did it. I needed to get one, probably six months ago, and I ended up with this new person that I didn't go through a thorough interview session with and it didn't work.
Speaker 3: She wasn't right.
Speaker 1: They didn't gel. I didn't trust her. Min at night he thought something she was something wasn't wrong. She wasn't the same, and as a really good mother, I picked up on that. So I had a compatibility test. We met at the local path. I watched the interaction. I needed to make sure they had chemistry. I wanted to ask her where she goes, how many walks, how many dogs are there?
Speaker 4: It was a job dry does she does?
Speaker 1: She incorporate balls? Does she not incorporate balls?
Speaker 3: What's what is the level? I'm not I wish I was kidding.
Speaker 4: The poo pick up technique, that's very important.
Speaker 1: I watched her do it. I made Doyle do a really big pick. I didn't watch that, but I actually I know you guys laugh. But Delilah is like, you want to know if you're taking your dog. I love my dog. My dog is my best friend. I love him more than anything. I don't have anything else, all right, So then when I trust her with someone, I need to know that this person's responsible. She's not gonna let her run in front of a car, because that's a really big deal to me. And Delilah has no road sense. She would run in front of a bus.
Speaker 3: So I needed to make.
Speaker 1: Sure this was a responsible, caring, loving dog walker.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I go to that length to find Maybe that makes me I think we need.
Speaker 1: To have the intervention on you.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I've had people take care of my children who I have done far less checks on what you're doing right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that says more about you to me.
Speaker 4: We're back after this is the pick up The Bachelor finale air last night, and from all accounts, it was a mess. Laura Burne, I know you watched it.
Speaker 2: It was a mess, but it made for very good TV. You know what, The only couple that's still together is Jed and Alysia.
Speaker 1: But then you hear that she was kissing some other people since they've left the show as well.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean this is why I want to know. So apparently they're together, but they've hooked up with other people.
Speaker 3: Litwen time here.
Speaker 4: Now we've got them on the phone, Jed and Alyssia join us high guys. How does it feel to be the only successful couple of the franchise this season?
Speaker 5: Well, look, yeah, I think it's great.
Speaker 6: We've you know, we've put a lot of work in to get to the point where we're open and seeing each other. Well the sorry open, that's triggered me. No, no, no, we're not open. Let me get that clarified right now. But no, look, we're in a good place. I think it's been a while since we've been able to be normal, so we're just sort of taking it by day and I'm seeing there we go.
Speaker 2: Speaking of open, I read something this morning that Alicia, you've kissed other people since the show finished.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, so we so when the show finished, we had our four night rendezvous, which is really nice. That's when the walls came down and we really started to get to know each other. And then after we left, Jed ended up going through something pretty dark and we sort of decided, let's not be together until we can be together again. But we spoke every day like we were there for each other every day, regardless of the fact that we weren't officially together anymore, and always just open and transparent. And now we're in a position obviously where I've seen him for the second time. Last night was you know, the second time we've spent the night together.
Speaker 4: You're kidding show?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, So we've had to keep everything going by just text and call all day every day.
Speaker 6: Happy to give a bit of context, because I think it's o I had some traumas from my childhood come up that I wasn't expecting to come up when I came.
Speaker 8: Off the show.
Speaker 6: I think I was sort of not doing my usual day to day things when I came off, and that, you know, allowed a bit of space for things to come up that I didn't know I was clearly sort of not wanting to deal with, but then happened, and I think she held me so tightly through that entire thing. It's sort of at the time that was like our sole focus was helping me heal from that situation. So there wasn't a point where any love was lost or it was like I don't like you or she doesn't like me.
Speaker 8: It was just I think.
Speaker 7: It was more like, let's shift the focus from let's not focus on you and I as a couple, Let's focus on him as a person.
Speaker 2: The formula really can work and it can be a beautiful thing. What is next for you, guys? Now now that you can be together, does it mean you're doing long distance? What does the relationship look like?
Speaker 6: I think right now it looks like us going out for dinner tonight for the first time and see how that goes.
Speaker 3: There'll be tough, that's how that's going.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: No, we're just excited, like we are very close. I think we've grown immensely throughout this and people would never sort of quite understand the extent of how deep I think, just how understanding of each other goes. Now, So for us, it feels like a fairly peaceful, relaxed thing, like.
Speaker 7: You know, not just taking a ring, just you know, to take a ring and all of that. I want to come off and be as real as possible.
Speaker 3: I would take a ring, yeah, if it was to me, which it wasn't.
Speaker 4: No, Laura was telling you. Laura was saying before that, how much Because Laura, obviously you're on the batchy with Maddie j. You got the ring. How much was it worth? You're telling us before we have to.
Speaker 2: Say, well, I think this one was around twenty five thousand. But I don't okay, don't hold me to it now. I'm worried that Larcens is going to come for me. But okay, I heard a rumor if you didn't propose, you didn't get to keep the ring this season?
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 9: So I.
Speaker 5: Knew she was going to say no.
Speaker 6: But I knew if I could word it a certain way and quickly get out of it, I could feel it, the gorgeous ring on it. So but I never got to tell her that the whole I just thought I.
Speaker 7: Was I'm like my getting punked here, Like have I been not speaking English to the last time?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 2: No, So actually you're a very smart man, Jed. Okay, So there's been something that's been going down in my household recently that I want to see how you feel about this. My beloved Maddy Jay, my husband so weird calling him my husband's weird.
Speaker 3: Hearing you say, now, we.
Speaker 4: Only just had the wedding, like in November. It was God, yes, I think we like it was.
Speaker 3: We all got marriage, you had it. That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: Well, It's one of those things, right, you get into a long term relationship and you think you know everything that there is to know about your partner.
Speaker 3: You think that you've covered everything, all the ground I can only imagine, but go on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except with Maddy Jay, because he's very into hobbies. So he goes through these like phases of different hobbies that he wants to try. Right, we have just entered a new phase of hobbies that he does.
Speaker 4: This is sounded like the negative from you in this.
Speaker 2: I'm not not into it, but it's a it's a really annoying what're you doing?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So he's just decided to take back up something that he used to do back in the nineties, which.
Speaker 3: Is where it should stay.
Speaker 2: He's really into beatboxing and now I.
Speaker 10: Love Are you talking like the Yeah, that was horrible to listen to it. Yes, that he does it all day, all around. That he is quite good. That it has become obsessive, and I wish I was joking.
Speaker 3: So he's actually pretty good, is he can? We can we get him on the phone.
Speaker 4: Listen, I've got Maddie up here. I've got his number. We've been texting all day. There's a bit of a Maddie's on the show, Hollow Matts. Thanks for being here.
Speaker 3: Hey, Maddie, good afternoon.
Speaker 5: How are we that?
Speaker 1: I have just heard that this new hobby you're doing apparently you're pretty good at it, but you're driving.
Speaker 3: Laura like up the wall.
Speaker 1: She'sn't complaining about it all day, this beatboxing thing that you've got going on.
Speaker 3: Let me let me defend you and myself. I'm not being driven up the war.
Speaker 2: I just find it confusing that, as a thirty six year old.
Speaker 3: Man, you've gotten really into me. It's an unusual hobby. Like, I'm not alone in thinking.
Speaker 5: That, Laura. You told me you liked it when I started doing it. I'm doing more of it is because I thought you're into it.
Speaker 3: That's not what she's been telling us off air.
Speaker 4: Matt, what do you yeah, she's not that into it.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not not into it.
Speaker 2: I want to be supportive of everything that you throw yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we're going to have to hear this, so can we We're going to bring everything to silence. We're alive on the air. You've got the stage, Matt. You give us some of your beatboxing.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: So it was actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: You started with the motor boat.
Speaker 3: Haven't heard that in a while.
Speaker 4: I think we can work this into the show something or a new show. This is show too. I think we could build this into one of a bit of our production that we use in and out of the show.
Speaker 2: This started off as me being like, do you think that this is a normal thing?
Speaker 3: And now you have fully committed to encouraging.
Speaker 4: It, Mitch, I don't know. Hold give me a beat again, Matt. I'm gonna try and spit some pickup lyrics, right, you can jump into British.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give some background.
Speaker 4: Okay, so did you lace a sick pick up beat? Matt? And then and we'll jump.
Speaker 5: In and we'll not last one too fast, too slow and bright.
Speaker 3: We need a little bit more length. Okay length.
Speaker 5: If you want a lot of lengths to come to the right.
Speaker 4: I hit it. DJ.
Speaker 9: This is the pick up with britt Law and your afternoon pickup. If you're a mum in the car, we know you'd rather be at the bar picks in the back of the bat.
Speaker 11: Crazy J is the three bucks and as a cray God created one.
Speaker 1: Check that that Now, that was a masterpiece.
Speaker 3: That doesn't get us all figned. I don't know what will That was Mozart.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Maddie. I support and I think we've converted Laura. We support the new hobby.
Speaker 5: Just confirming that wasn't free. That wasn't free.
Speaker 9: I'm charging royaltiead of yourself, Matt into that one.
Speaker 4: Mad you ladies know you Sheridan right, Yes we do. Well. This is actually it's a really tragic story. So who has opened up about a horrific experience that happened when a couple spiked his drink that I.
Speaker 8: Was in Sydney a few years ago and I was around Melbourne Cup.
Speaker 3: I actually got someone drugged me. Two people drugged me and I.
Speaker 4: Was stuck for about eight hours truly awful. And the reason I bring this up is because you don't often hear it happening to men. It's often a female lad narrative.
Speaker 3: It's actually so frightening.
Speaker 1: I've been drugged three times, by the way. You yeah, and I know that Laura's had a situation. I have so many friends as well, female friends that have been in this situation too, Like it is so problematic, but it's so prevalent. And I think a lot of people don't know how prevalent it is because it's not wildly reported. I know what happened to me. I didn't because there was a part of me that was like, well, what are they going to do about it?
Speaker 3: Anyway? How are they going to prove it? Like you just think that?
Speaker 1: And I think that most women think that unless there's a way for them to feel that they one hundred percent can be heard and something can be done about it.
Speaker 2: And also, I mean, like, what has happened to you here? Often you don't know. You don't remember because of the whole situation because you don't have you know, you don't have your cognitive.
Speaker 4: Ability, you've been drugged, you.
Speaker 2: Don't know, So it's really hard to then talk about something when you don't know the specifics, but like you know, even ris with what you're saying for it, like it's happened to you three times, it's happened to me once. I know so many women, and I think that it's it's something that we have to be conscious of as women. But you don't hear men like how many times have you left the house and gone out and thought, well, better be careful that my drink doesn't get spiked.
Speaker 4: And not once. It is not a thought that is top of mind for me when I go out clubbing or drinking and with friends as well. Never think about it.
Speaker 3: I think about it all the time.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing, right, like the scary part of this story, and it's something that I hope that everyone is really conscious about, is that it doesn't just happen when you're at a nightclub or you're out with strangers. Like my experience was with someone who I thought was my friend, so I think, you know, and in this experience with Hugh Sheridan, it was someone who he thought was his friends and people he knew. And I think that that is something that's very underrepresented and not talked about enough. So I mean, it is so brave of you to come forward and share this story, but also just to really highlight that not only is it strangers, it's people that you know that can be the people at the bottom of this.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean one of mine was on a date.
Speaker 1: One of mine was a barman, so that made me very worried, disgusting. You can be as careful as you want covering your drinks and you know, walking around a bar, but if it's come from behind the bar when you ordered, it's out of your control.
Speaker 4: And the other.
Speaker 1: One was a patron just at a nightclub kind of like outdancing.
Speaker 4: Well, the other thing you hear is is you get taught this. I mean, we got taught in school when I was in school. And you tell your daughters and pairs to tell your kids when they're going when that age about to go clubbing when they're seventeen eighteen. But this happened to Hugh when he was in his thirties. I mean, laws that happened to it happened to both of you thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I also think on that you become so because when you are eighteen, you're very hyper vigilant, you know, you're eighteen and that you've heard all these horror stories and you think, oh god, I'll cover my drink and you walk around with your hand.
Speaker 3: Over your vodka Cruz or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But then when you get into your thirties, you think, I'm way past this as being a possibility.
Speaker 1: This is completely irrelevant what I'm about to say, but I'm going to say it on the person I was on a date with that drugg me. He was the biggest geek, right, I was like, this guy is the biggest geek.
Speaker 4: Unassuming but very endearing.
Speaker 1: And what I mean by that is it was just for the cliche who you think is going to drug you? I do want to say to cliche, but who comes to mind when you think of someone's going to drug you out a nightclub? This person, for me was the furthest thing that I would have thought it would have happened with. And again, you can never judge a book by its cover.
Speaker 3: We know that.
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful that Hugh felt confident enough to come out and speak about this. I think it is such an important reminder for everyone, not just parents, but for anyone listening that you know you have to be so conscious that this does happen. It still happens all the time, and it is hugely underreported and underrepresented, and I just think, you know, putting and shining a light on it is like the only way to protect people.
Speaker 4: Totally good on you, Hue. Now you guys know, I've been going on and on about this new Stand original series poker Face, which I'm truly obsessed with, obsessed at the moment. It's so good. It's got the tash Leone who's from Orange is the New Black, and essentially the character she plays is a blackjack dealer. She can just tell everyone's poker face straight.
Speaker 2: I can read what people are going to play and what they can you know, what they look like on their faces.
Speaker 1: Something's thought that I was good at that, Like I always thought I could tell people's poker faces.
Speaker 3: And I also always thought I was a good liar. That is such an untruth.
Speaker 2: Since you dated a guy who has, like you know, had another life for two years, so I think you're particularly bad at it anything.
Speaker 4: He really debunked that's anyway. This character is a human lie detector. So it got me thinking, is that a real career choice that to human light detectors really exist. So what I've done is I've got the best in the business. I've got doctor Louise Marla who joins us now on the line, the real human light detector.
Speaker 3: Doctor Welcome, Doctor Luise. Welcome.
Speaker 2: Ye PI, guys, how does one become a human light detector?
Speaker 12: It's really a career choice. And I don't know do lie detection as a living but I do read body language, and I read bodies and I read vocal psychology, and I am fascinated about behavior, human behavior. So that's my area, my PhD. Human behavior.
Speaker 1: So are you going to tell us before we jump in? Because Mitchell set this up Laura, and I'm going to tell you a story age. One of us is lying, one of us is telling the truth. Are you going to tell us before we tell you these stories? What you look for so you know, like now are cheating?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't tell you before.
Speaker 4: Now listen, doctor Louise. I'm not one to be dramatic, but I'm about to be dramatic. Laura and britt both have a story. One is a lie, one is the truth. Why don't we kick it off with you Brittain?
Speaker 1: Doctr Luise, Doctor Luise you've been watching Laura's and my body language. Who would you like to hear from first.
Speaker 3: Brittany, I'd like to hear yours first.
Speaker 1: So a couple of years back, I was I'm a bit of an adventurer, so I was going on an adventure and on the other side of the world.
Speaker 3: I found myself deep.
Speaker 1: In the Amazon jungle, believe it or not, and I had no food. So I had to catch my food. So I was catching pranas and stuff and I had to bathe obviously because you laugh, Laura, but you get hungry in the Amazon. You get hungry in there, right, So I caught some pranas and I was thinking the pranas, and then I was really stinky because it's the Amazon.
Speaker 3: It's very hot.
Speaker 1: If you haven't been to the Amazon jungle, it gets very humidity is high. So I was bathing in the Amazon river and I accidentally got a parasite. It was definitely an accident. I've got a parasite that ended up living in my liver and I got very sick on that Amazon trip.
Speaker 3: That was a real journey.
Speaker 4: All right, before we get your results, Dr Luise, we're going to We're going to jump into Laura's story now. So, Laura, are you ready?
Speaker 3: Oh? I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I also have an adventure story. Mine, however, dates back to when I was a little bit younger and I lost my virginity in the drama room at school.
Speaker 3: It was year twelve. And it was also not with a teacher, just anyone's going to worry.
Speaker 2: It was with a school student and it was on lunch break in the drama room. Yeah, it's not my finest moment anyway. I wish it was more of an adventure. But that's it.
Speaker 4: Well, two very different tactics, both very wild. Yes, Dr Louise, hold your judgment quickly, we're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll get the results. But what are you thinking. Are you're buying any one more than the other?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So all right back with Doctor Luise Marla the Stand original series poker Face now streaming only Onderstand. Now we're joined by doctor Lubi's Marla aka the Human Lie Detector. It's all inspired by the new Stand original series poker Face. I wanted to find out is there such thing as a human light detector. In my research, I found doctor Luise Britton Laurie. You've both just told a very fascinating duo of stories that have happened to you in your life, and Doctor Louise is about to drop her verdict. Who is telling the truth and who was lying? Quickly recap what yours.
Speaker 3: Was, Britt long story short.
Speaker 1: I found myself in the Amazon on an adventure and I was I got a parasite because I was in the Amazon river and I was eating food from the river and it was, Yeah, a pretty chaotic time in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine's also equally as long. I lost my virginity in the drama room at school.
Speaker 4: Yours were short. I'm guessing let's get the verdict.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I don't know if I really.
Speaker 4: Recall it that well, Doctor Louise, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 12: Well, you know, Laura reminds me of Kate. Princess Kate.
Speaker 3: Oh why thank you. Nobody who knows me would say that. So that's a true compliment.
Speaker 2: How often do you think Princess Kate talks about shagging boys and drama rooms?
Speaker 4: Not of it.
Speaker 12: If she did, she would talk about it as clearly and as.
Speaker 3: Convincingly as you did. I found that highly believable.
Speaker 12: And consistent in the way that you told it. Your eye movement, you will flow of air in your voice, your consistency with your gestures, everything. But it could be that you're a massive psychopath. And the way that it goes. I have to say, it was a highly believable story, everything about it. Brittany wriggles psychoedelicy on a plate and so.
Speaker 3: And funnily enough, you're telling that story.
Speaker 12: And when you told that story, you changed your behavior and suddenly you weren't wriggling. And also when you're speaking normally not looking down bottom left, and during the story you were looking down bottom left. Haven't said that your story was so outrageous. I mean everything you did, Brittany just said, lie, liar pants on.
Speaker 8: Everything.
Speaker 12: It was your inconsistency, your change of behavior from what you did before that that made me say that wasn't a truth. But then again, you know that you're trying to, you know, look like a truth or looked like a lion deceived, So who knows?
Speaker 6: Not a pure art.
Speaker 4: All right, the human light detector is looking in Princess Kate. Ladies, it's time to reveal who was telling the lie.
Speaker 3: I am a psychopath and I am. I am a brilliant actor.
Speaker 1: I am sorry, Louise, but I'm a trained actor. I wriggled on purpose. I did the eye contact on purpose. I was like, I was like, I'm going to make her think that I'm thinking of this story as I go.
Speaker 3: No, my mom's going to hate to hear this. But it was. It was in her house and in my bedroom. That's where it was.
Speaker 1: Not arms And I really did camp in the Amazon jungle and get a live a parasite and get sick for years home.
Speaker 3: Kids do not do that at home.
Speaker 12: Oh well, I think that's lots of fun and Princess Kate, there is definitely.
Speaker 4: Thank you, doctor Luise. You can get it now on stan It's the original series poker Face now streaming. That is us done for the day. Everyone, you liar, We've got Kate Middleton and a brilliant liar. What a show.
Speaker 3: You're amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you Now the world has gone absolutely maths mad. It's back on on Channel nine. Laurie, you're officially you've got the You've got the bug you love married at first sight?
Speaker 2: Oh like you've lost me. Every night of the week when it's on that's it's my favorite show.
Speaker 3: It's good because it's.
Speaker 2: All the things that you shouldn't do in a relationship. But we have today John Aiken joining us. He is one of the relationship experts who's on the show, who matches the couples and handholds them throughout the whole experiment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have so many questions. John, Welcome, Welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's good to be here. And look, Laura, I'm so glad that you've come out as a maths progic.
Speaker 3: Disgusting.
Speaker 8: But Fritz Britt, you and I need to talk. I can't believe you haven't watched it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't watch it because I know I'm going to get hooked into it. But I do keep up with what's happening, Like I always go the next day and read all the news articles and I get the lowdown from Laura because I am interested in I love relationships.
Speaker 3: We have a relationship podcast.
Speaker 1: But I just know I'm going to lose hours of my life every night if I allow myself to well, it does tend.
Speaker 8: To suck you in, and I think there are a lot of ingredients in maths that makes it so compelling. I mean, it is a show that kind of appeals to both singles and couples, and I think it's also based on a fairy tale. And you know, the experts, we sort of get in there and really try and hold them too account.
Speaker 2: Well, John, we know that there's like tens of thousands of people who apply for this show, and you have the job of helping to match people together. How do you go about actually matching these couples? Like some people seem particularly not well matched.
Speaker 3: Come as no surprise. I think that's quite a diplomatic way of saying, what were you.
Speaker 8: John, That's what I'm getting from that question. Absolutely. Look, people do look at it and are often confused. The bottom line, it's a quite exhausting two month process. We give them tests around things like communication, the values, We kind of put them together, and then sit back and watch like everybody else, to see whether or not they can fall in love as complete strangers. We are matching them with the eyes on them getting over the line and finding the fairy tale. But in saying that, there are a lot of things that are uncontrollable, like chemistry, they can be difficult to date. Let's be honest, and so when we put them together, a number of them simply do not work out.
Speaker 1: Well, there's one of the women that I've seen, and I've seen her everywhere actually since the show aired.
Speaker 3: That's Melissa, the self.
Speaker 1: Proclaimed freak in the sheets. She loves get freaky and I'm all about it, and I think there are everyone in a strategy is like singing her praises right now?
Speaker 3: How important do you think this matched.
Speaker 1: Intimacy and matched chemistry and sexual exploration? How important is that in a relationship?
Speaker 8: Yes, well, that's a very good question that I think a lot of people are going to be asking as they watch this season. You know, how you talk about sex, who initiates sex? How much is enough in a relationship to keep it healthy? All of that starts to become quite a conversation topic, not just between the couple, but also in the group. For me, sex is important because it's a good gauge of a temperature in a relationship. You know, if you're having it regularly, then you know you're connecting and you're reaffirming to your partner that they're special. When it's not around, you know, it can start to create a distance. It's not the only thing. You've got to have a lot more than just sex. But I do think it's got to be made a priority in a relationship for it to keep it connection going well.
Speaker 4: John, you mentioned distance there, and that's something that I wanted to bring up and lack of sex. I mean those things go hand in hand. How very arm Britney Hockey has just entered into a long distance relationship. So not only is she not getting it daily, which I'm sure she'd love to do, but her new boyfriend is thousands of kilometers away living in Scotland. So do you have any advice for couples that are newly long distance and can they last?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 8: They can last. But I think what you've got to do, Britt, is to make sure that you have a number of things in place outside of that. Britt, what I would say is that you've got to know the time zones. You've got to be constantly contacting them at regular parts of the day. You also need to see them face to face on a regular basis, so you fly to him or he flies to you. So anytime you have a big calendar, you've got to really make it special. But I think, ultimately, Brett, if it's going to work. Then you two have to have an end date in mind where he's either going to come and live here or you're going.
Speaker 7: To live there.
Speaker 1: He's going to be listening to this, so it's probably pretty important that he's like consistently buying your presents and stuff as well.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: You don't have to agree with your expert.
Speaker 2: John really is a hijack thesis, a therapy session for herself.
Speaker 3: I'm very sorry.
Speaker 2: About that, but we are all I mean, well, actually I won't speak on half of group.
Speaker 3: I am thoroughly enjoying that. And we can't wait to see what I'm called this season.
Speaker 4: All right, it's all going down. I'm married at First Sight on Channel Mine. Give it a watch. John ak and there one of the experts. Thank you, buddy,