Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the weekend Rio.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Patsy, thank you he has made it weird that great to be welcome to the weekend. That's I think that's an appropriate response.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Yeah, do I throw it back to you.
Speaker 1: Welcome here, Seemple, say Chanks, Alex, Happy Friday. We're going to be okay today. The shark is in the water already. Can I just say the shark in the water? All right? The first half hour it'll be down a Friday. We go around the team. We call it double thumbs up and the things that we're enjoying this week. Warning, Warning, warning, Patsy has brought a physical item, a prop.
Speaker 5: It's always thumb nah, is it?
Speaker 1: I actually think of it the opposite way, all right? Two from me. Last week I was talking about Hama why wife loves sci Fi, and so we'd start to watch Foundation, and I wasn't sure if it was getting to get any better. It was gobbledygook about Starlock's Terminus and eighty seven other planets and soda symptems. I couldn't keep up with it all. A lot of you text in saying, stay with it. It's brilliant and we have stuck it out. It's awesome.
Speaker 5: Oh and you understand it.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: Well. No, neither my wife or I understand it. But we're okay now. In ignorance, actually, I think is one of the ten steps to enlightenment is actually just admitting we know nothing, but being happy in that. But no, very very good. And the other thing that is back season two of the Terminal lists on Prime. Oh my god. Chris Prout, Stearne, Taylor Kitsch starred in the first season, which was really really good. Second season is even better. There's no Chris Pratt. He's obviously doing Jurassic Park. So what they have is he keeps is this on the phone?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: It's pretty it is and they might they just play his voice. What a great way to get a bit of coin, you know, can we try that one? You know, Alex is near, but he's on the phone right now. That's the sports can see your team. Chris Patt is in it, so they can put it on the posters. He's not physically you see him, he's left the voice smel anyway. It's just it's just he's just texted me. Oh, he's on these phone calls. And he's obviously in his trader on the set of Jurassic Park in that outfit. However, that means more Taylor Kitsch and if you're a fellow fan of Friday Night Lights, he's an outstanding ector. Even better the second season. Really we like it. I love the fact if you caught a show Lone Wolf, I'm all over them. Terminalist lone Wolf, turn out A turn from me, Patsy, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 6: A good tip from producer Caitlin which we have tried, you know how been doing my chili Kong khn. She has found a range of mixes that make it easy and they're very very healthy, no preservatives, no nut is brilliant for people on Keito like the first Lady, your wife or if you're gluten free, you know, because it's hard to get stuff that you can have.
Speaker 5: It's called mingle these spice mixers. Person, yes, mingle clear.
Speaker 1: And the races today, aren't.
Speaker 6: We We had tacos with him this week, Yes, taco Thursday or Tuesday Tuesday. Yes, and I don't know if it's just me, but the taco case is getting smaller.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm with Patsy. They are. Yeah, there is the making you now upsides to the Jumbo ones.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, so Jumbo is just a normal size brand.
Speaker 1: Are our hands getting bigger?
Speaker 5: No question?
Speaker 1: You heard it here first. This goes right to the top. It's all that four g Now, it's all the nasties and the spices. It's making my hands massive.
Speaker 5: Women were making them. It's actually hard to shove the filling in between.
Speaker 1: The taco size.
Speaker 5: I say, fairly.
Speaker 1: Get that wine my wine glass doesn't mean it was my ex a large wine glass getting smaller. Two of those glasses for people glass? What will they shrink next? Honestly.
Speaker 6: The other thing this week is all the cords in our teenager's room around her school desk were driving us insane and I don't know.
Speaker 1: How yes, terrible.
Speaker 6: I have rescued the rumba from the cords. It's eaten about two of her stars to pull.
Speaker 1: The desk over, doesn't it. I've had that's really exist. It's going to drag it down the corridor.
Speaker 3: Ward.
Speaker 6: I thought there's got to be a better solution, so we tried, you know, the power board. The love God tried to sort of mount it on the side of.
Speaker 1: Her to an outhousees it was terrible. Our teenagers should live actually in an outhouse and then come back when you're twenty one.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I agree.
Speaker 6: But I found this that came out. It's an Rlex brand desk top power station and it's specifically for.
Speaker 1: It, and it's a plug on your desk.
Speaker 5: Brilliant though.
Speaker 1: It's actually like chances to Walter Raleig, who's been around the world with some amazing plug.
Speaker 6: It's brilliant, it's great, four points for power and all you like for your.
Speaker 1: I guess you'd call this a plug multi shopping.
Speaker 5: I've never seen it, have you seen?
Speaker 1: Doesn't know open Einstein's age, no idea. It's struggling with that zoomland in that laptop.
Speaker 5: You major in box opening.
Speaker 4: Sorry street Smarts, it's because it's bedroom.
Speaker 1: Why bring it in though, because I need.
Speaker 6: To see the information on the box and what it does. Because you inevitably would ask stupid questions, got no answer.
Speaker 5: Anyway. I found it good.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's great.
Speaker 6: You can put it in that little pod thing in your backy?
Speaker 1: How that now? Which is getting me just getting a new laptop. Let's just move on, all right, we're going to take her. I don't want to talk about Let's uh, there's take a break. We come back with part two of Double Thumbs Up the.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: In Christian O'Connell Show, we're doing Double thumbs Up. We go around the team and we share what we're into this week. Rio, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: I've got a couple for you guys. Firstly, we are into spring. We are into pollen season.
Speaker 1: Oh you getting into poland.
Speaker 5: Issues?
Speaker 1: Must have Oh yeah, a shout out. I'm really getting into pollend guy, what were they shrink next? They shrunk it? You know, pollen's.
Speaker 7: It's very hard to get accurate pollen readings on most of the major apps. So there is an independent Melbourne company called I'm not sure the company is called, but the app call is called Melbourne Pollen App and it has every day alert of the pollen rating in Melbourne. So today the grass pollen rating is low, you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 5: It sends you a alert every morning.
Speaker 1: So when you wake up you have toash a really good idea.
Speaker 5: It's a lifesaver.
Speaker 7: I download it every spring, very very helpful, put on your notifications for it. Second one, I spoke about it three weeks ago after watching the first episode of Survivor. It is the finale on Sunday and it has been an incredible, incredible When it ends.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be devastated.
Speaker 7: I don't think Australians realize Survivor is so so big. It's in forty countries, it's been got fifty in America.
Speaker 1: It is the biggest TV most successful TV show in the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 7: And Australia at the moment is the gold standard of Survivor around the world. It's like, yeah, it's revered as like the number one sort of the best players, the best strategy, the best Survivor seasons are always Australia at the moment.
Speaker 1: Would have thought that, I know, so, I know you would have done sorry, just whment I got on the passport. I would have thought that, actual, yeah, yeah, I knew that. Yeah, it feels right, it feels right leaders a.
Speaker 7: Subject I don't know, but that so this season They've got all the best players from the history of Survivor against all the best Australian players.
Speaker 1: You really love it, don't you.
Speaker 5: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Suddenly you become a ten year old his new bank. He's got the best.
Speaker 5: Tony, David, George, they're all there.
Speaker 1: There's no empty box with this one. Yes, it's crammed.
Speaker 5: It's on tenth plate.
Speaker 7: If you've never watched Survivor, it's half the length of a normal season. It's so easy to get into. If you've never watched it, start here. It's as good as it gets. Ten play Survivor, Alex, What have you love?
Speaker 1: This week?
Speaker 8: I'm watching a show called Katrina Come Hell in high Water on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 8: I don't mean to bring the mood down, guys, but gee whiz, that was something in our history that I didn't know too much about. One hundred and twenty five billion dollars worth of damage. It wasn't so much the storm and all that came with the storm. It was like the next day that the damage was done because the levee broke around New Orleans and I didn't know any.
Speaker 1: Of this stuff.
Speaker 8: They had all these people in the super Dome, the NFL team has the Superdome there, But it wasn't until the next day, in that afternoon that all the flooding came in and there's like, you know, twenty five feet of water that just take it took over the entire city. So it's an incredible, I guess, learning experience about something that really shaped that area of America.
Speaker 1: And they're still talking about it and still getting over it. Well, one, they're warnings it was going to happen because I met years ago interviewing Harry Sheer, you know from spinal Tap, Yeah, and all lots of so many Simpsons characters. Anyway, that's his hometown. He actually made a documentary about what happened because the world didn't know, right, Yeah, that's on Netflix, Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: That's who My wife said to me, Hey, Chris, do you know anything about footy colors? And I didn't. I didn't know what this tradition was. And she's doing her master's degree in art therapy at the moment, and so two days a week she's on placement at this amazing school. She said, on the Thursday, they're earned footy colors all the teachers, they'll come in their team's twenty colors, and the kids as well. My wife is a lightweight D's fan.
Speaker 5: That's just so much.
Speaker 1: So right, how dare you? I've taken you to games? How dare you? So my wife goes to me, she's a Royal lightweight facer. She goes says, there, any can you just give me a couple of names and stuff like that, And I was this close to really giving her fake names. Yeah, Cletus van Dam is the coach, and Hulk Hogan is like the main goalscorer there. Yeah. John Cena as well is about the big guy at the back. So she we went to the d s much shop and I got a jumper and then she got these I didn't know he get D's pajama bottoms, so I know, I know, yeah, yeah, they're like checkered ones and that, and she looked like paddingson bear. So she went off to school yesterday and then so what they do is this is a lovely thing. We don't have this in England with the EPL. I love this idea of footie colors. So the whole school gets involved. So are hundreds of kids all turning up yesterday and then teams there was only in a very big school. There was only one other D's fan to walk around the special assembly they had yesterday with my wife right while they played the team song. It was all Hawks fans, Pies fans as well, maybe bandwagon jumpers like Patsy as well. Would come out of the woodwork. Bet she's there with their scarf today, streaming out of her car window driving through the streets. And Alex, you're finding it about this now? Is your talk to ev she's doing footie colors today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they cannot wait for it. And yesterday we were at the playground and Evy and Audrey and Max are all there, my six year old twins and Max was four, and I had both crying at the same time. So Max is crying with a with a pain in his stomach, and then Evy comes off the monkey bars, face first onto the ground.
Speaker 1: I didn't say it. Oh god, Yeah, so I had two okay.
Speaker 8: Crying children at once. Yeah, she's okay, but she really hit her head and sort of hit just above her eye. So anyway, we get back home and she's putting ice on it, and I was like, oh, Edie, tomorrow.
Speaker 5: You can look like a footy player because it's colours day.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, she looks the parts immediately more like an n RL player. But yees, because.
Speaker 5: They're gonna wear Edie.
Speaker 8: I think it's gonna wear her New South Wales State of Origins, Jersey.
Speaker 1: Or Dad's team of the Kangers. So no wonder she's gone. Where's my crnella Sharks top.
Speaker 8: Paramount of heels? I couldn't get it away. The Panthers one and then Audrey she's sticking with the North Melbourne CA Kangaroo's colors, so they can't wait. They're really looking forward.
Speaker 1: So it's Putty colours Chamber and the NRL boys on the team. So and it's some really is that some of the nr L you do as well? Was it just an AFL thing? I think it's an AFL thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never seen.
Speaker 7: I'm not familiar with it up in New South Wales. I think it's just a lovely Victorian thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and a great idea too because it's raising money as well, which is a nice thing for the fight cancer next year.
Speaker 1: Let's do it on the show. Yes, yes, yes, I'll see if I could fit into my wife's d's pajama bottoms.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Luke Christian, I heard you talk about what does dad want? My dad already wants is a slushy or ice cream machine? And where do you get would you even? I mean, can we buy them? Is it available? Is that a trade on? You know, certain things are only like if you're in the trade you can get one and you're or you're you're outfitting a brand new seven eleven And I'm trying to think when I've never seen one of those?
Speaker 5: Yeah, are they available just for regular consumers?
Speaker 1: The only person I would trust on us would be you, Patsy if you seen a Hanko got one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, they want one of those? You can get them at JB. I'm trying to think of the name, because we've got one, the Ninja Ninja slushy. That's what you want?
Speaker 1: You can we buy them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're brilliant, you know what. They were in America for so long and we couldn't get them here in Australia for ages and everyone was hanging out for.
Speaker 4: These slashies every Australia came out.
Speaker 1: Kind of TV comes to Australia and the ninja slushy.
Speaker 6: Valued about fairly pricey, between four and five hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which you're just slushing up ice. Get a rolling pin. That's what I used to do with the kids years ago. Get iced to a class and cordial and the smash it with a rolling pin. Ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, it's great.
Speaker 6: You can just put the like, no mixing, just put the drink in there and it does it.
Speaker 1: All for you. It's cheaper to go to seven eleven. How much does one cost? Just get the old man won every month or shelting. It'll only come up to twenty bucks over a year.
Speaker 7: And there's no way you're using that more than three or four times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that gets dumped in the back of the pantry at the bottom drawer with all the other stuff that you briefly got into, like spiralizers and stuff like that. Oh, I'm going to get into making bread. During COVID, I brought a bread making machine and got used once. I've made one loaf and it was the most expensive loaf of bread ever. So, you know, Monday came in and I was raging about NBN. We'd moved our twenty year old one year old daughter Ruby into a new place and we had a night bear with NBN. It just hadn't worked. So she had to yesterday at half seventh morning. And if you're a student, seven point thirty am is like being woken up at one am to where their body clock is. So she had to get up and this engineer arrived and she was like, you know, my dad tried to do this. And he took one look at where the NBM was plugged into the war and he goes, it's not specially be plugged in there. That's for the TV. And he goes, it's meant to be over there, and he pointed to the other side of the room. He picked up a lead, put it over the other side of the room and he goes that. He goes working now thirty seconds and you were very upset at the raging. That's apologize to the NBN corporation and for the marvelous service that is now working at full speed. And she said that this guy was like in his late twenties and he looked at her and knew she was a student and saw all the books out and stuff like that, essays being done and as she felt with embossed, and then she just went, yeah, my dad was setting that up, and he went he went, your dad, yeah right, walks off whoever you were, Thank you for stopping a dad being so carelessly thrown under the bus like that on the eve of Father's Day. But there's nothing worse though, when you called somebody out and essentially you're wasting their time, it is. It's humiliating. This happens to you this week, didn't it?
Speaker 5: Rio, Yes, what's happened to me?
Speaker 7: I called out, I've had my dishwasher having its bloody F seventy eight issue, and so this keeps happening.
Speaker 1: Sounds like an your workout program. I just got into the F seventy.
Speaker 7: Eight And so I call this guy out at great expense, and then he comes to goes, okay.
Speaker 1: You mean you shouldn't earn a living from repairing the washing. She should do it for free for radio hosts.
Speaker 7: Got the horror of it if someone is willing to do that. I called him up and he has a look at the machine. He goes, look, that doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. I know, no, no, it has the F seventy eight issue. Just just put it through a cycle. It'll do it. Puts it through the cycle. Hees it's working perfectly fine. He's like, it's work, there's nothing wrong with that, And I do it again, Do it again, do again. I made him try this cycle five times. He wouldn't do the error. The one time I actually needed to do the error, I wasn't doing it.
Speaker 5: And then he bugers off.
Speaker 7: That's two hundred and fifty dollars for him to look at a perfectly good dishwasher, and then as of last night it's not working again.
Speaker 1: You well listen. If he's listing now, you can pick up another easy two hundred and fifty bucks. He's obviously got some Midas touch well, he just his physical presence meant it. Do you reckon? He's got some special sort of Zappa or remote control in his pockets. What a great scam, having to do no work or bending over or twisting or anything. All right, are you wasted other people's time?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now it is we've been trying to save. Fuck it really does need saving as well. There's been a breaking new situation last night. I was saying, how earlier on this week it was going to be me and my daughters. My wife couldn't actually attend Father's Day lunch breaking situation yesterday some one of my tearful daughters. So I don't want a name, but I'm now down to just me and one daughter curse the other one can't any who'sy. She sent me a text message about an hour later, it's all good, And I said, look, it doesn't matter, it's okay, you're growing up now, it's all right. And then she sent me a text mess about an hour later. He goes, can you promise me you're not gonna be sad and cry?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Father, I can't promise you that for that's any day. You know, I am a middle aged Taylor Swift, So what can I say?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, look, it's it's a it's a rapidly evolving situation. Me and her. Father's Day is Tuesday night. Now I'll be looking like a divorced dad or something, you know, strange dad on a Tuesday night. I bet he was at some business conference, sleeping with the secretary or something. Look at him over there, just just ticking off. I bet he forgot it was Father's Day. Anyway, Let's get into the last for the final time, this week as we ask you, what does dad want? What a dad wants? It is what a dad.
Speaker 5: Wants, what a dad means? Something better? Dad us and he gees I'm asking you.
Speaker 1: So Colin and tell me all right before we go to the line. She can call in now what does your dad want? And also dads have been calling in for themselves this week as well. It's all okay, dad, we get it. Sometimes you've got to look after yourself. A Father's Day or as Paul textan on Monday, Christian's to be honest is Father's Hour thirteen fifty five, twenty two. Patsy, I know you are super organized. Chris's gift hidden somewhere, ready to go for something.
Speaker 6: Well, it is in the boot of mike car. We haven't wrapped it.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: He's not listening. It is an outdoor requier which he will love.
Speaker 1: Or nice bye. That's such a great gat bag and everything's very fancy.
Speaker 6: But he had my car for two days earlier in this week, so I suspect he's probably already seen.
Speaker 1: Definitely, gosh, he has he has.
Speaker 6: Exactly I guarantee would have in the back of the car. When you turn around the corner it was sort of bide of the car, so I'm sure he would have stopped.
Speaker 1: Mind you, it was not the first time he's probably driven your car. There's strange sort of cranking and banging noises. There's another one of your victims trying to get out the boot.
Speaker 6: We also got him a couple of jackets and they're still in like the shop bag.
Speaker 1: Is that what he's opening up that it's a shot back. Don't tear it him. I have to go back. Don't tear it case it doesn't fit.
Speaker 5: So we'll see that, know exactly what he's gone, Alex.
Speaker 1: What is it you're after? Actually, because obviously you got very young kids, So what that delete? Do you get? Like those lovely home written cards and homemade cards? I love those one, yeah.
Speaker 8: I do, actually, And I've I've got some really nice stuff from the kids because they make it at preschool.
Speaker 1: Why kinder, you might say.
Speaker 8: Down here and Max, he's given me this lovely it's like a little fashioned gum nut and it's got a little node on it as well, and it's it's painted and it's just lovely, one of those little artsy crafty things that they make. And he's already given it to me. He doesn't quite get the concept. He's only four years after, so he just gave it to me. It's like two days ago.
Speaker 1: His father he's doing, he's doing pre he's Father's Day.
Speaker 8: So I appreciate that because it won't be much, you know, they won't be much coming to me on Father's Day. And perhaps I don't know. Bonnie's being all coy about it. She's like, oh, they're all having a little whisky.
Speaker 1: Dad have plans.
Speaker 5: Maybe Christian can join your Father's Day and sort of.
Speaker 1: Cry on each other's shoulders. I'm doing something in the in the evening, so I am free to attend listeners Father's Day lunches as a dad plus one. I love the idea of a dad plus one. Who's that strange sad dad at the end. That's the guy does the breakfast show as kids don't love him. It's all fine, it's all fine, All right. Let's take some calls here. We've got Anne Marie, Good morning, Amrie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hello Emily, isn't it Emily?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So am I? Hello? Are you Emily? Yea? Hang on, there's two people speaking here. There's a there's a there's a mom there. I'm guessing that's am Marie? Is it?
Speaker 9: No, Melissa?
Speaker 3: And Emily is the daughter?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Okay? Your Emily? Yeah, I'm I'm Christian, you're Emily. We are good to go. And what is your dad's name? Do you even know his name was? He's just dad.
Speaker 2: His name's David.
Speaker 1: That's a cool name for a dad. And what does what does he want this Sunday?
Speaker 2: Well, we don't really know him yet.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Just feed it out start out the next day to yes, and so what what what are you calling out for? What would you like him to have?
Speaker 2: I definitely think he should get a USA because his old one is like starting to fall apart, and I think it looks really big for him.
Speaker 1: So you like a small one?
Speaker 2: Well maybe a good dad size?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dad side this normally like double XL or triple xcel often for some dad. But that's that's a lovely idea. And is there a color you'd like to get him?
Speaker 10: A cars a color? A color?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe blue because he works that forward.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's that is a great idea, Emily. That's brilliant. All right, well listen we can sort that out. Okay, Emily, for dad. Sure, all right, have a lovely weekend and have a great day with dad.
Speaker 3: Thank you too, Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, can you imagine the small thing huge rage Pats would be and if the love God had left her Mother's Day present just shoved in the back of the boot, banging around all week getting dnked Dad's hour.
Speaker 6: Indeed, No, no, I've got something He's been well thought of and he will love it.
Speaker 5: He probably already loves it. He seen it here it's meant to be binged.
Speaker 1: How it's going to go. This is how it's going to go Sunday, here go, here's some car keyes. Oh you got me? And you can't know your presence in the boot. And by the way, there's some, there's some. There's some shopping I've done this week from Mayer gets no self serve.
Speaker 6: And we're taking him out for a lovely lunch on Sunday. We're going to really spoil him and go all out this year.
Speaker 5: Off the rooster, no dirty chill.
Speaker 1: I'd like to pre book a bay please, just once you picked up the bag. I love the idea of pre booking a babe. The chef's baby, please, I'm just by the fire escapes in the bin.
Speaker 6: No, he was wondering what's weird for lunch on Sunday and I said, you will need a collared shirt and he goes, oh that fancy and I see shirt.
Speaker 1: We have a prepped I love this. So is this the first time he's ever been allowed out?
Speaker 6: It's not, but he never wants to normally do it.
Speaker 1: If you can't be bothered. No, we've opened up the car boot. There's some food in there as well, Buffy car't boot buffet. Yeah, make sure he's doing a shift. He's the waiter. You're working with Andre at the back team of other Langan and taking him to the Langham. Oh that is that is fancy? Oh my god, that'd be so good, so excited see doctor Melbourne. That lovely the buffet, Oh my word, that'd be amazing. All right, let's seek to Mary Anne here what a dad wants. We've got one thousand dollars every day this week for Father's Day to actually give dad what you would love. Mary Anne, welcome to the show. Happy Friday.
Speaker 11: Thank you have you Friday?
Speaker 1: Now? Who is this for.
Speaker 11: My lovely partner that I've been with other fifteen years. I would love to treat him to a meat feast at his stake.
Speaker 3: Care because we've got three daughters.
Speaker 11: That are vegan.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this actually is. This is the real answer to what a dad wants. Meet steak a tomahawk.
Speaker 5: That poor man.
Speaker 11: Wow, wee yes, he is so amazing. He's always obviously we have to, you know, go beacon every time we go out. So yeah, why not treat him on Father's Day?
Speaker 1: Bless him? What's his name?
Speaker 11: Morris?
Speaker 1: Well mak great name. By the way, that is a good old school name. I love the name Morris. You don't hear a lot of Morris'? Is that these days? Your most And if there's a young rapper that listens to the show, and I know we get I get a lot of emails from young rappers trying to get in the game like me. And if you're a young eight mile Morris is an awesome rap name. Young if I was to become a rapper, now I call myself Morris Morris. The meat feast is coming Sunday. You won't be able to move Monday for me. You're coming out your eyes and it is Morris. He's worth of meat. Park then means for one day. No, no, you it sounds like a great a great man as well. And so Morris Morris, And what a lovely thing to do, Maryanne. That is a really really nice gift. That's great. He'll have a great father's day, all right, enjoy, thank you so much, pleasure, have a lovely father's day. Thanks for coming in.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Emily Part two. This is a different emy. Hello Emily, Hi, Hello Emily, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: I would like to get my dad and pizza.
Speaker 1: You've got the brand there as well. Wow, pizza? And so does dad love pizza? Yes? Yeah? What's his favorite pizza? He's like a margarita or Hawaiian or meet lovers. Yeah, what's your favorite one? Emily? He's write me as a margarita lover?
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi, why in.
Speaker 5: Mine apple?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Lovely? All right? So and so you'd love a pizza oven? Yes? Yeah, okay, Well we're going to get dad from you. Okay, so you just cut me out, you just say it's from you, and you saved up all your pocket money for the last ten years. How old you buy away, Emily? How old are you?
Speaker 2: I'm seven years old.
Speaker 1: Saying, why don't you say you've been saving up for the last seven years the day you were born. You started saving up as soon as you meet your dad. You're like one minute old. You thought that man needs a pizza oven. Doctor, cut the cord and then let's start. They're going to get whip round going here to say dad had been saving up for seven years to get you that pizza oven. There'd be a tear in his eyes, but tears, happy tears. It would be Emily happy tears. Pizza oven for your dad. What a great gift. Yes, let's give him that Sunday. Okay, okay, all right, Emily, thank you very much for calling in. Okay, bye bye bye. Now. I love it. How normally when adults, you know, win stuff on the radio, do all that fake screaming and stuff like that. You know, I love your Gold, I love your God, I love you and Gold. I love the kids are like, this is just a normal day. Yeah, I just before school today, just want a pizza of them. And it's no bady see you then see yeah, yeah, no, he gave us that pizza oven. That's great. All right, Well, I got the ads. We'll be back after these.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I've got an amazing email the other day, and I'm not going to read out any names here so we can really surprise this guy. It's a really moving story, and I appreciate you. Know when you talk about Father's Day, We've got dads that are all in all kinds of different situations. Christian, my husband wants to go visit his daughter and his two granddaughters in California. He hasn't seen his daughter since twenty nineteen. Now, if I don't see my kids a couple of days, I don't live at home anymore. I get really anxiou. So I can't imagine not seeing one of them for six years. He hasn't even met his granddaughter in person. So our other daughter is going next week to California, but our finances don't allow him to go with her. It would be the greatest Father's Day present. He really deserves it. To surprise him. Well, we'd love to surprise him today. Okay, So there's a dad right now who knows nothing about this rio. You've got his phone number.
Speaker 5: I'm calling right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is a dad. He's probably going to be at work. Who knows nothing about this.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, is that Michael? It is Michael. This is Christian O'Connell. Are you live on Gold FM right now? Good morning?
Speaker 9: Good morning. How are you, sir?
Speaker 1: I'm good? How are you sir?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Another day about on the road?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. Are you at work right now? Michael? What's happening?
Speaker 10: I do a delivery, a rear delivery.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's what I do.
Speaker 10: I do pick ups and drop off at customers.
Speaker 9: I actually did a job at your studio one day.
Speaker 1: No, did you hear Richmond? Yes, you're probably dropping off some your shoes or clothes or something for Patsy. Was it a heavy package from Maya?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, I do a lot of Maya stuff.
Speaker 9: I do a lot of Christian do your.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And O the latest collapse and drops. Yeah. Now listen, Michael, I'm just checking I've got the right Michael. Are you married to Collette?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 1: Yes. Okay. Now this week on the show, we've been doing things, or we've been trying to work. Give dads at the dads what they'd really love this Father's Day. Now, I understand one of your daughters is all the all the way in California. Is that right, Michael, that's correct.
Speaker 9: Yes, she lives in Sacramento.
Speaker 1: Oh beautiful. Now you haven't seen her for a couple of years, have you since twenty nineteen?
Speaker 9: I went over there and seeing her and met my first granddaughter she just turned one. Wow and yeah, and then a few years later she's just had another one, which I haven't really met.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you know, look, it's price, isn't It's a long way to fly, you know, it costs a lot of money. Now, we would love to fly you over there next week with your daughter.
Speaker 10: Are you sureous?
Speaker 1: Yes? Wow? Nice. I can't imagine being not seeing my girls for such a long time. So we got to send you to California next week.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeh, Sacramento, here come. The only drop off you need to do next week is yourself at the airport and then head over to be reunited. What an amaz In reunion you're going to have next week?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I missed her a lot, even though I talked to her on WhatsApp.
Speaker 9: As much as I can.
Speaker 10: So it's you know, her grandkids, her.
Speaker 9: Kids, herself there are you know what I see on face on WhatsApp.
Speaker 1: They're amazing.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I'd just like to get there and give them big hugs and telling how much are you? I miss them, I care about them, I love them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's you know, that's what I'm about. I love my kids.
Speaker 1: Well, Michael, we can't separate you. You've got to be out there with them. And you're right, it'sort about those hunks. There's one thing seeing people change. And you know when the kids are that age, any grandkids as well, I bet you know every week every two weeks the photos are slightly different. You know, they're change and go so quickly, so you're missing out these precious moments and photos and never the same those big hugs that you can have as well. So Granddad is coming to Sacramento next week. We're going to fly you out there with your daughter. You're going to have such an amazing time. We're all made up for you. Well, thank you, I appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 9: Gold one of four. It's been a good radio station. You a lot of laughs, a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really enjoy it all right. Well listen, Michael, A pleasure, absolute pleasure, and I'm so glad that your wife collect contacted us as well. It really, yeah, really touched the hearts when I saw your Your wife's not as well. You've got an amazing and very big hearted wife as well. Well. Listen, I appreciate you on the road right now. You've got Christian door drop offs to do everywhere, and but Michael lovely taught you have a lovely Father's Day and a very special reunion with your family in California next week, and give us a call when you get back. I want to hear all about it.
Speaker 9: Okay, I will shall do.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Pleasure, have a great time The.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I can't stop thinking about that dad, Michael in his van, the moment he we hung up, that guy had to pull over. You could just hear everything, and I I didn't sound like it, but if you're really listening properly, you could just hear and get everything. I cannot imagine being in that situation, and it's almost irresponsible for us to call him in the middle of you know, seven of the morning. Okay, yeah, I Mikeau, we've never met before. We'll tell you live on the radio and pack your bag's mate, you're off. See how we're going to do the news. That guy's it is beautiful about it. It's just a middle he's just getting his day going. But yeah, I can't stop thinking about him. I almost wish I was at the airport seeing them reunited with his grandkids that he's not even met next week. It's it's amazing, all right. So every Friday we let you pick all the music from eight We call it the People's Playlist, and we give you a theme and then you have to pick a song with that theme in the title. Today, for Father's Day, we're going to do something a bit different. We want you to pick a song for your dad. And maybe there's a song that reminds you of Dad. Maybe dad's not around, you don't see him, but there's a song that really reminds you of your dad, or that your dad loved, or that your dad would love to hear today. So we're going to call these dedications. Its song was dedicated to Dad.
Speaker 5: Song for your Dad. The Sheep borisp Bread.
Speaker 12: This isn't Dad celebration, Who Mistake or the Who Creed? It's Pree Travis sust food all through Dad Okaious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, o the things that needed a heads up. Wow, that just came left field. It came in hard.
Speaker 5: It slaps.
Speaker 1: I actually thought I thought a backup tapeer kicked in and we were all fair or we went to the ads. That's a lot. That's a lot going in the area. We went through all a lot. There a lot of.
Speaker 5: Emotion going to wake you up.
Speaker 1: Now. I feel how dad Michael felt him and this is going crashing in with no warning or something, maybe a text message or all right, So dedications. There are songs for your dad's what song would you love for you Dad? This? And we playing them. You can give us a call now the lines are open. Thirteen fifty five twenty two, Patsy, what is it for your husband? The amazing Cress is a great man and a great day.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you. It's got to be the Eagles take it easy. Absolutely adores them.
Speaker 1: Great song as well. This is a Friday song.
Speaker 6: Actually has a bucket list. On that bucket list, in the next couple of years, him and a couple of mates are going to go. I'm going to make sure that he does it to a corner and stand on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.
Speaker 5: Oh that's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Pats, I.
Speaker 6: Said, because he didn't do anything for his fiftieth And I said, you know what. He said, Oh no, we've got you know, we could spend it on other stuff. And I said, no, this is something you need to do. I think there's a tendency for dads to kind of put themselves last, like mums, probably even more so for dads. They tend to put mums up on a pedestal, treat you a bit like a queen, which is lovely, but it's like burnt toast syndrome. They don't always put themselves first. So Chris, if you're listening, you're going to do these trips. So this is why this song is for him today.
Speaker 1: And he actually, I think you might need He just needs to see them. He's probably packing up right now because that dad Michael with a carpool. No no, no, no, no, no, no, just for the listener, no no, no, no, put the bag down. Oh oh okay, all right, just the requirement. No, you can go and stand on a corner, but not yet, Victoria. And he's got a surprise gift, but that he's got to do that. What a lovely story.
Speaker 3: As well.
Speaker 6: I'm going to make sure that him and mates do do it. It's on their bucket list.
Speaker 5: And it's funny fact he actually.
Speaker 6: Is on a special edition Eagles DVD from one of their local concerts.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Well, back in two thousand and four they were out for their Farewell One tour and they were filming both nights and Chris had this Hawaiian shirt on, not intentionally onlind you.
Speaker 1: But it was a hot How do you accidentally get a Hawaiian shirt?
Speaker 6: He was just wearing a Hawaiian shirt shorts and you can see him in.
Speaker 1: The crowd the camera, Like, my word, we got a right old dronk co Australian here. Okay, Miami Vice zoom in. This guy is taking it easy.
Speaker 6: Walking away unmistakably be love God.
Speaker 5: It's very funny.
Speaker 1: Well, they need super fans like that. We've got to get him to that corner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of going to make it my mission now to tick off Chris's bucket list. Rio. What's it for? Dotor Lee? Your dad's is your mum and dad a here this weekend out they're helping you. I love this mom and Dad Rita's mum and Daddy come over with their man boy and to actually help him find a little house so he can't do it by himself. He slipped on the pathway, increases knee.
Speaker 5: The house there kicking all the tires.
Speaker 7: I feel so bad for the real estate agents of Melbourne this Saturday because they have this sort of double act that they do.
Speaker 5: Dad Dad brought a head torch because he loves to get up in the little you're finding you a case to get up with, like the crawl spaces and just.
Speaker 1: Everything fire all right, Kevin from my grand Designs.
Speaker 7: And Mum wanders around with her hands behind her back loudly pointing out defect.
Speaker 1: In the house. You know what, Channel seven? Give them a TV show, The tire Kickers. I would seriously watch that show. It's just your mum and dad. Here come the lees. Watch out. And Dad's got his head torch. He's opening the fridge. Is he going to bring his doctor's or stethoscope as well? She put it on the walls. Hang on, I met this stud work is.
Speaker 2: What is?
Speaker 1: What's the song that reminds you of your dad?
Speaker 7: The song that reminds me of my dad is from his old land cruise that it was ancient. It had six CDs that were always the same six CDs throughout my entire childhood. Number one was Casey Chambers Barricades and Brick Walls, two Eagles, Greatest Hits.
Speaker 5: Three. Catherine Jenkins was this opera singer. He had this weird crush on he doesn't like I.
Speaker 1: Get it, I get it to Lee, I get it. Yeah, you get that head torch up, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 7: Bob doing greatest hits, Tony Child's many Rivers to cross. But the most smashed album definitely was this song It's all over Now, baby Blue. Right, So every time I get picked up from school, this blaring out the.
Speaker 1: The windows, crank it, Dodt Lee, crank it.
Speaker 5: It is a great Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great Bob Dinner song. Great cover as well. I love that. Great story. Thanks for sharing that, Rhea. Those are the moments, isn't it? Those all stories with like your mums and dance. It's those little it's those little sort of fragments like little postcards. Aren't they like a little polaroid? It's you remember him blasting a song there? What's it for you?
Speaker 8: Alex oh, well, Dad passed away about seven years ago now, but he used.
Speaker 1: To love, absolutely love Queen.
Speaker 8: Like it's this big burly farmer who you'd think loved country music, public slim dusty, but no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Loved Van Morrison and loved Queen.
Speaker 8: And one song in particular, we were at our cousins twenty first and he just took over the jukebox and just kept.
Speaker 5: Playing this song over and over, and he could never really dance.
Speaker 8: He just kind of moved his big fists in kind of jolting motions and it's of course I want to break free.
Speaker 1: Great song I Love the Sound of Your Dad Man so good, written.
Speaker 8: By Queen bassist John Deacon A nine and eighty three. Just an absolute banger, and every time I hear it, I just think of Dad.
Speaker 1: So it's a really lovely So thinking about this Sunday, yes, I will a lot.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course I miss him very much, and yeah I get emotional talking about it, but yeah I will, And I'll probably play that song a couple of.
Speaker 1: Times andree once wherever he is, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Exactly, and I know he'd be hearing it.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think he's hearing it wherever he is, so we're thinking of him. What do you think he got from your dad? I always have to think about what we get from my parents, even if we don't realize it. Sometimes it's very easy to mind about your parents. You've got a million drop down stories about things they didn't do. But you know, sometimes you think about what you actually get from your mum and dad. And he struck as a really hard working man, your dad when you talked about him.
Speaker 8: He was I'd like to think I got his humor and the ability to laugh at yourself. Yeah, he was very funny man, told many many stories that he embellished every time he told them.
Speaker 1: And we would say, that is that's a d DNA. It isn't my kids the amount of times to goad the radio show there, that is not what I want happen. My job isn't to tell the truth that rental money comes from those been of mayonnaise and.
Speaker 5: A story, and I don't spoil the story. These people haven't heardless one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, thinking about him wherever he is, This Sunday great lovely all right for me, I'm actually gonna this is my dadication This would be this is the song actually reminds me of the joy of being a dad, and it's those little pockets of connection that you have with your kids. And my daughter's now eighteen and twenty one, so it's a very change of thing what it is to be a dad to them, however, but they are big. They got me to Taylor Swift. I was a doubter. I you know, I'm of the generation where it's Springsteen, it's the Stones, it's LED's up, Taylor Swift, and then I got it. And then when I really got how great an answered she is. When I went with my daughters to the MCG I've never seen anything like it. Incredible. So this song always reminds me of being a dad myself. It's Taylor Swift love story. Do you know we could easily just play an hour of Eagles songs and every dad in the world here and not hearing the the next life and dads that having he arrived yet would be rocking out. So in the pre life, the afterlife, this life, what is it? The egles just dad's with It's like on a cellular level. All right, this has been lovely hearing all these stories. Sorry, everyone, let's take song from people calling in right now? Give us a call. Then, what is the song that reminds you of Dad? And tell us why? Because of is it's like a Polaroids. It's a froze at moment. It's not just a song. It's almost like a music video, isn't it. What is Dad doing? Is he's singing to it like alexis Dandy? Is he dancing with his fists?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today with Father's Day this weekend, we're doing a bit differently that we're calling them a dadications. They are songs for your dad's What would you love us to play? You can text me if you want for some five O three one oh four three. I'm just going to give you a warning this time. This is a very noisy, heady piece of music for Friday Morning. Rio made a theme tune for this feature. Get Ready Play it.
Speaker 12: West a song for your Dad for Sheep Boris Rat. This isn't tad celebration. Hoover Steak order, who Treatedstree? Travis sust food all through Dad?
Speaker 1: Okay together? Now come on Dad's and Hoover's steak You say, sir Hoover Stink?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Who we got here? Clint Good morning, Clint, Good morning guys, Clint. Okay, so tell us the yeah the song is it for you Clint as a dad or for your dad, for my dad? Okay? And what's the song?
Speaker 10: Got no Joe by Rednecks?
Speaker 1: Wow? Wow, didn't see this one?
Speaker 5: Go you got mine open? It was noisy?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this said we're going up again out. So the old man loves this. He did.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he passed away in twenty twenty one, but every time he heard it he got up and had a dance and a laugh. Wow, I need these fumil Everyone had a big old barth and every time.
Speaker 1: Right, what a legend, What a legend. So whenever you played that song, you hear that song, you're reminded of your great dad. I love that. Okay, Clint, thank you very much for giving us a call mate, lots of love. Thank you. All right, have a good day. There's a lot of emotion today is and it's lovely actually, it's all it's you ever got scratched at that surface that you think is quite a call of skin with the dad? And there's a very big heart weighting there. Who we got here? Summer? Hey? How are you going summer? Can I just say, what a gorgeous name. I've got a niece who's called Autumn. But summer, what a great name is.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, you're bringing the summer now, summer. What are we going to play? What's the song that summer? It is, Barbara Ann?
Speaker 11: I think it's the beat Boys.
Speaker 1: Ye, and your dad loved the Beach Boys? Does us too?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, he's a pretty loved the Beach Boys.
Speaker 11: Pretty used to sing this to me because I had a little soft toy sheet and he's singing as far Ba.
Speaker 1: It's good dad here, it's primo dad gear. It's very good. It's very good, summer, great song. Thank you very much for calling. You have a lovely weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you. But Thos the Hazards on as well. We got here. Daniel. Good morning, Chris. I know you. I'm good, Daniel, hope you've had a good week so far. So more song is Shotgun by George Ezra and it's just big a couple of years ago. Great, he's got a great voice. So Daniel, what's the story with this? Dad loves this?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so passed away four years ago when the old One came out, It was a song that I don't think Dad even didn't listened to any other song except so obviously, Yeah, we are Obviously it was what we sent him away when he passed away. Yeah, it's a song that obviously, not just myself, but my brothers and all my nieces and nephews every time we hear it, it's your dad and pops it's his song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing, isn't that power of MWS. It just takes you back to a time and a place and a person like your dad. Dad. Daniel, it's big, isn't it. Sometimes you got to play that. Yep.
Speaker 10: No, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: All right, have a lovely weekend, Daniel, you too, and you enjoy Father's Day. Oh well, thank you very much. And let's squeeze one more on now, Mary, come on in, Mary, good morning team.
Speaker 3: Well I'll give you a laugh.
Speaker 10: My dad was a wolfy, not into music. We are the Champions by Queen came on. He was a different man.
Speaker 1: He'd sing along with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was his.
Speaker 10: Song and he loved it.
Speaker 1: He became Freddy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I said, this is for all the people who've lost their dad too soon or can't have big days with them to celebrate on sid this day.
Speaker 1: Oh well said Mary, Yeah, Mary Taviation and Mary, thank you very much for giving us a call. Lots of lover.
Speaker 10: Kay, you're welcome, Christian, have a great day.
Speaker 9: Bye God.
Speaker 1: We it's this get last half an hour and it's the last forty five minutes. We started a different sort of path with the show. The moment we surprised Michael. I think we're still all putting our hearts back together.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for all the sharings that people are sending in about these It's amazing that the music can do, isn't it. You start talking about a song, you start talking about your dad, then suddenly you just feel like it opens up a channel to something in your heart. Doesn't It just bypasses your brain and you think and controlling brain, it goes Strangely, some of these messages that we're getting in about songs that reminds you of a dad are just so amazing. We'll probably come back to this on Monday as well. Actually, anyway, if there is a song you'd love us to dedicate to your dad, we'll call them dedications, don't play the music real text in now twice is enough twice a charm? I say with that one, it's like an over rich pudding. Too much trifle, the nana too much share in this rifle. Text me the song he want us to play today before nine o'clock four seventy five, three one oh four three. Right now that I was talking about this earlier on Monday show, I came in. I was raging. I was fuming NBN. Last Saturday we moved our twenty one you old daughter Ruby into a new place and it was my job to look after the sort of tech in the hardware, and so I set up NBN. It wouldn't work. She called the guy. He couldn't get it to work, and they couldn't work out what it was. Have you turned it on and off? Yes, we've done that, and they said we can have to send a guy out Thursday morning. A guy came out yesterday morning and he'd sorted it out within thirty seconds. I'd put the lead into wrong hole in the wall. I was trying to get NBN out of the thing where the TV comes out, and he just went, as it's over there. The socker for it is just over there, moved it to the embarrassment accumiation of my daughter the other side of Roomdley put it in and the NBN came pouring out. It's so yeah, I'll be hearing a lot about that this Father's Day, about what a great dad I still am. Impact every day, still impact every day. So really the theme is wasting people's time. You know that guy to come out. It was gone in under sixty seconds. I'm so glad it wasn't there. I am so glad it wasn't there. My twenty year old George Ruby, you can wear that one. She threw me under the bar Saint as my dad and the guy went, yeah, right, your dad. Yeah, I don't see any dada out there. Rio. You wasted the dish usher guy's time this week. I did, I did.
Speaker 7: It was also we've wasted the time of a technician here, one of our engineers who has a grudge against the producers. Now, when you hear this story, you will understand why. He used to work at a station in Darwin that had stations all around the Northern Territory. He got a call out from a station in Alice Springs that is a fifteen hour one way trip, thirty hour return. Wow, he asked them. He said, are you sure that it is? It is still plugged in? Double triple checks. I'm going to go on a fifteen hour trip to check that this is working. It is one hundred percent plugged in.
Speaker 5: Do not worry. You can probably see where this is going. He drives fifteen hours out, gets.
Speaker 1: Down on his hands the fifteen hours hour, gets there.
Speaker 5: It's not plugged in.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine how you come back from that. You don't. I don't think you did. Spring did you stay that? He's still now on his hands and knees.
Speaker 5: Plugged it back in fifteen hour trip back to Darwin.
Speaker 1: That's insane. You had a good podcast or something podcast the whole seasons of it. Could listen to the Buyball, just every book ever, the Harry Potter, Oh my god, all right, wasting people's time. There's almost like a curse sometimes, isn't it. When there's there's a noise with the car and you know, and we've all been in that situation where no, it's not doing anymore. It's the work. When he saying, oh trust me earlier, you're probably going to think I'm crazy, and they look at you like, yeah, it is sounding odd because there's absolutely nothing wrong with this, all right, wasting people's time. NBM engineer came out yesterday. I put that little lead into the wrong hole in the wall. Is the one where the TV comes through. There's another hole in the side of the remindent scene. Listen. You know I'm not an MBM technician. Mate, Okay, look at me with those judgy eyes. Diane's on the line. Good morning, Diane, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Good morning scene. How are you this morning?
Speaker 14: Friday morning?
Speaker 1: It's beautiful, isn't it, Diane? So you wasted someone's time?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 14: I did, indeed, and I felt like such a goose after, as I can tell you, I went out to the car to try and start it one morning, was in the garage, turned the key, lights were on.
Speaker 10: Nothing happened, not even to tick nothing. So so I rang the RACV. You know they give you this little tracking app thing. So yes, make his way to me. Took him about twenty minutes.
Speaker 14: I reckon comes in, hops in the car, moves it from drive to park, starts at.
Speaker 10: And sees there you go.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, come on, Diane, No no. I felt like I think I think I might have fixed this tricky said it. I'm trained for this.
Speaker 10: I think even see some look, I think he just gave me this really disparaging look. Croomies were like shifting it from parking the cart and I'm just stop, not my head.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear stories and people work for the ra c V about what is the percentage of quick fixes where it is like one thing and we just sort of panic and you just lose that sort of foresight to see the situation clearly. Diane, great story, very funny. Thank you for sharing, mate, have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 10: You to thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, we got to do some sport, then we got a brand new time waste to coming up next.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time Way Today. Can you pick up a theme you paying attention? Do we need too hard intop? Maybe? Has it been enough? I'm not sure if anyone's aware today listen today's show. There's a subtext at its Father's Day.
Speaker 5: This is all you're getting because you're not getting much on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Right. The saddest thing I had to do yesterday evening was canceled lunch like book start had to ring Them is one of those when the lady went oh and actually said to me, oh, everything is okay. No, it's a love story, all right, Dad movies, dad movies? What do us dad's love to watch?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love the Christmas movie with my girls elf. But of course when the dad version of that is shonky elf, shonky shelf, go straight. Don't worry about that. We don't need the spirit level. You get a load of dads in the pub, you'll get some pub fiction. You will got tour stories, tour stories. Us dad's love to get a di y hard dy.
Speaker 5: It is hard, Yeah, it is hard.
Speaker 1: It gets us and dads who stare at goats. We love to go to petting zoo with our young little tackers and you, yeah, here you go the goat pan amix is probably done.
Speaker 5: This and you feed the goats present to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love that. Yeah. Oh, thank you George Radio sun Rio, thank you. What have you got dad movies?
Speaker 5: Jeez? You know what Jamaican dads love going Sorry the cool.
Speaker 1: Oh wo yeah you're cool. Runnings the other day he's walking these in on a Friday. Yeah, bronze you me and Eski. Yeah, that's good God, that's good.
Speaker 5: The devil wears cargo shorts on.
Speaker 1: Door dresses.
Speaker 5: We're in the wardrobe.
Speaker 1: I pray for the day that cargo pants come back. I've got three pairs, doesn't surprise me down there in port Sea. And those thinly soil boating shoes, a hacket on, a gan top on as well. Rocket it up, Ria, What are the dad movies?
Speaker 7: You've you got not face off? Turn those lights off? That's always saying, turn the bloody life vampires?
Speaker 5: We lights?
Speaker 3: No, we do?
Speaker 1: What are you trying to land planes?
Speaker 14: Here?
Speaker 1: That's me the other classic one born in a barn. That's the other dadisms, born in the barn.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Are.
Speaker 1: There any interesting stories to do with it? Okay? You know you think you'd be hard to hear a really great oh my god, did you hear that this morning? A great it story. However, I'm happy to be proved wrong next week on the show. So next week, six am, starting Monday, NERD week. You just don't, I don't know. Maybe there are people, Christian, you haven't heard my story. I've got a killer story about a coaxle cable. Then call me from six Monday on nerd Week, you activate the nerd Cash Prize one thousand dollars for the best nerd story. Starts Monday nerd Week All right, time wasters. I'm looking for your dad movies. There you go. You found it. Fixy Fixie Bang Bang go the Beverly Hills. Pop Silver. You mean, sneezing loud? I have I have a window shattering seas. I don't know what it is. It is Brave Heart. That is gold plus. Come on, that's good dad gear. There Workshoppenheimer Silver. There's bunnings about Mary, Life of Pint Silver, How to Train your Daddy? Sounds and Dad Max Rio, Who's the best in show?
Speaker 5: You me sneezing loudly?
Speaker 1: Have a great Father's Day Weekend. We're back Monday with nerd Week.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast