Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street, Richman, This is the Christian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melburn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Struggling with fairfast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday it was that mid week, you know, I really full on day yesterday, but a very exciting day, a great day, and I really felt like a drink.
Speaker 5: And it's only the seventh of February, and you did the first two days you didn't do.
Speaker 4: But now I'm totally on it. So last night it really got to that witching out for me. Eight pm. I even licking my lips as I say eight pm, because and I saw this wine that I've still got from my trip to the Market River and it just looked so nice, and it looks so lonely in the bottle, and I actually thought it was calling me like a siren to the rocks.
Speaker 6: Any I knows you're going to drink wine before it goes back, goes off within a week, So I tell my wife and so I just went to put my gym gear and my wife goes, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm going to go to the gym. She went, it's eight o'clock at night. I went, I really want a glass wines and I go to the gym instead. She was like, okay, So I went to the gym your sleeve. It's a very different type of personnel that's there.
Speaker 3: At an go to the pub. Jogged to the pub and sit there and chug a few beers.
Speaker 4: And then I had a dream last night, and the key scene was all it was was I was in a pitch black room and there was an icy cold bottle of Peroni beer.
Speaker 3: You know, when they're so cold they bring them out the cooler.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's almost like they got swept down the side.
Speaker 5: Like one of the commercials show this.
Speaker 4: It's been only four days without booze, and I'm now dreaming about alcohol. I haven't hit the weekends yet. I haven't done my first weekend of bedfast. The weekend is waiting for me. If this carries on, I'm going to have to join with those twenty four hour gyms. I'll just be in the whole weekend. I'm getting ripped. By the time I get back Monday.
Speaker 5: We can pad up the doors on the studio and you can spend a week.
Speaker 4: In here, all right, you know, the next a half an hour on the show. Then this is what I want to talk to you about. I think if you get up early in the morning, you'll have routines, and you have have habits, even if you're not really aware of them, and you ever thought them like that, You'll have your your alarm will go off at exactly the same time. You'll have the same brand of toothpaste to brush your teeth. You probably have the same kind of coffee. You probably have a little snack if you eat it all this time of the morning. And if something is awry with any of that, if the coffee's run out and he forgot to stock up, it will put you in It just sends you off course by a couple of degrees. For me this morning, I have a shake in the morning because I can't eat. I've tried all that, all the years of didn breakfast radio, and I have just a tiny little bit of raw honey, Okay, not process honey, but raw Australian honey.
Speaker 3: And it's just a little bit of that. It's a little bit of sweet in the morning for me. Honey run out. I was fuming slam the door.
Speaker 5: You don't have to wake everybody in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: The bees.
Speaker 3: Go down to line.
Speaker 4: But this is so on that big hat thing after wehear as well. So yeah, for me, it was just that being there. Have you got certain things in the morning where you have to have it. That's your Morning's.
Speaker 5: Been more agreeable than kicking and slamming the doors. If banker wakes up with me, so I guess mine would be if she wasn't there with me and I had to sneak through the house in darkness.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. Do you know this? That banker gets up with cha. Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 7: It's crazy, Chris, Chris wouldn't get up with you, get real, No, not at all. My thing for me is I've got this routine where I have to check. It's crazy all the power points are off that need to be off. I check on Audrey, but I also check. It's really weird. She doesn't bath anymore. She showers, but I have to check there's no water in the bath.
Speaker 3: It's just this.
Speaker 4: That's a motherly thing, isn't it. You're worried about her going to sleep walking on the night.
Speaker 3: Or anything like that anything or even buck. You know, my wife's the same with powerpoints. Was your mum like that?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 5: No, not really, I've never heard.
Speaker 3: It's my job in the house.
Speaker 4: So I take the stress out of Sarah because otherwise she'd be an hour staring at a PowerPoint. I have to do them, she says, can you go and leave the room, such as the queen, can you go and check the powerpoints? This has been going on twenty two to twenty three years, been together, so you usually night, Oh, I'll just go and I say that, Yeah, I check that they're off.
Speaker 7: Do you check them really though?
Speaker 5: Wait? I don't. So you're turning off appliances?
Speaker 3: Is that the idea some of them? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, unplugged on an arm?
Speaker 4: Well, actually what because I think you can get these surges through the system and it can blow your house and cause a fire.
Speaker 5: I think there was in like the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: I saw a movie. I saw a movie about this in nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 5: I think the first Edison bulbs, I think, and called the fire. But that hasn't happened for many years. You can leave a toaster plugged the inner right, I don't plug.
Speaker 3: It, no way.
Speaker 4: I bet there are firees listen to this and they would say that is wrong. I don't think you can and I don't think it's good to.
Speaker 3: Leave all the all the one. I think you can have surges.
Speaker 5: We're on all the time all the time.
Speaker 7: Really, especially with the lightning last night, like it can bloast. If it strikes your house and stuff is plugged.
Speaker 4: In, I would you suddenly a huge amount of energy. Let's just see coming into a.
Speaker 3: Then the kettle comes to life, and the toaster pops up, and the ovens on, the microwaves starts turning around and stuff like that. Anyway, what is it in your morning if it's not If it's not there and it sends you into a tizzy, that's a technical term. What is it for you?
Speaker 4: For me, it's that if the honey's not there, all the banana's not there for that shake, it puts me in a FuG nine one four one o four three. What do you have to have every single morning to set you up when you get up early?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Four one four one oh four three, Good morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three hours time paying off somebody else's bill could be yours.
Speaker 3: All we need to do. Only way to enter is the head to our website.
Speaker 4: Tell us about the bill you'd love me to pay off gold one oh four three dot com dot au asking you right now, what needs to be there every single morning? You get up early and manage to Friday, you're already up when we start the show. What has to be there every single morning? Nine four one four one four three. Good morning, Maria Christian.
Speaker 3: Here are you going? I'm good? How are you this morning?
Speaker 8: I'm fantastic.
Speaker 3: Well, that's great as our wake up.
Speaker 9: My eye live is open.
Speaker 10: I have to it's a paganic thing. Make my bed morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I'm saying, I put the it's really really important. I'm trying to drill that into my children that it's a really important way to start the day with intent is to make your bed.
Speaker 8: Yes, before the coffee, before the toilet.
Speaker 4: Ye make Yeah. So there's a guy who tried to teach you how to meditate years ago. He went on to set up this app called Headspace.
Speaker 3: I think I think it is the world's biggest meditation app right now. The guy who's the voice of Headspace, he's the guy Andy Puttigham.
Speaker 4: He is a Buddhist and a really lovely guy, really guy. And so about three years I had these weekly meditation lessons with him. In anyway, I said to him, if there's just if there was just one thing you could get me to do when I get up in the morning, is it meditate? What he goes, No, make your bed. When he was out in Tibet for like three or four years, eighteen months of which he was he had to say no words, say no. Eighteen months he didn't speak a single word. He got really ill and had to go to a doctor and they sort of mined, and then the doctors gave him some potions and stuff like this. But anyway, he said the importance of making your bed. He was trained at the monastery. Make your bed.
Speaker 5: But then you have to make every morning with Sarah still in it.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't matter. She sleeps so heavily when I leave that house. But I just pull it back into my little side of it. All right, Maria, thank you very much. Let's go to Shane.
Speaker 3: Good morning, morning, guys. Are we yeah, we're good? Shane? What is it for you?
Speaker 4: What do you what has to be there every single morning? To set your day up, right, Well, I.
Speaker 11: Am the slip in the seven eleven and get a one of those last coffees with.
Speaker 3: The oh is it the snur piece?
Speaker 12: No, just you rip the lid off. It's gonna ars already in it.
Speaker 11: There the coffee for our coffee. And I've been doing that for the last two months.
Speaker 4: And that's great during the summer, these humid nights, because even this morning it feels really humid already exactly right.
Speaker 11: And if I haven't got it or made the black dot at the back.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 5: Shane, you know what, I actually always wondered who buys those things? So it's just it's literally a cup of ice, isn't.
Speaker 3: It with coffee?
Speaker 5: And no, no, no, you put the coffee in yourself.
Speaker 11: Do you two bucks? You can't go wrong.
Speaker 4: So it's a it's a cup of ice and you'll pour your hot coffee in that to make your own sort of homemade ice coffee.
Speaker 11: That's right. And if I haven't got it or made the black gut at the back.
Speaker 3: Start grinding up that ice, mate A Shane, have a good day, give us a call known four one four one o four three. What do you need?
Speaker 4: Every single worn the start of your day, to set your day upright nine four one four one four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I wish I could enter my own competition. Pay your bills.
Speaker 4: Called a guy out yesterday to one of these IT guys that come around and look at the Wi fis and not working very well, and he didn't check. There's something going on with my laptop.
Speaker 3: And I've got a laptop and I've got one of those old what do you call them now? A desktop computer? What is it? There was like an old timing, Oh, a desktop computer, you know that sits on a desk.
Speaker 4: It's a desktop computer, one of those big old ones. They all look big and coming from those old Apple ones. Anyways, it's making this noise. I'm no IT expert, but I think it makes this noise and it's really hot to touch. I think there's something.
Speaker 3: Wrong with it.
Speaker 5: Are you turning your pair points off at.
Speaker 3: Night on that thing? Yes?
Speaker 4: So he came out and this is what they do, any of these experts, mechanics, IT people.
Speaker 3: They do this.
Speaker 5: And then you wake away on the keyboard.
Speaker 3: They do this. They go into the guts and a load of strange code comes up.
Speaker 5: And he went like this, Oh no.
Speaker 3: All right mate, Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. So it's like to be honest. This is what he did. He looks at me, goes to be honest, he went. He went from looking at the thing to me.
Speaker 4: He went to be honest with me. It's mortar pairer. You what to buy a new one? I can get you a good deal.
Speaker 2: Isn't that?
Speaker 3: Wow? Lucky?
Speaker 5: The modern day mechanics aren't there. You can't. You don't know what's going on under the wood. You don't know what they're doing. So you just got to trust them.
Speaker 3: Literally.
Speaker 4: He started to tell him about the fan control the hard drive and I fell asleep into him. It was like, please, whatever you're saying, write control, click it away, control delete me. I need to reboot right now. So now I've got to look out going and getting a new a new laptop.
Speaker 5: Well can you get rid of the desktop altogether?
Speaker 3: Who too? No?
Speaker 5: I mean just.
Speaker 3: All right, so next chance to win this morning on the show, on the Storn Show.
Speaker 4: Then we've got Elton John tickets, We've got Fleetwood mat tickets and the big thing we're doing at the moment. Someone sent me an angry email yesterday complaining about pay your bills. So they we're being misleading and take an issue, not me, not you.
Speaker 5: What have you been saying about pay You've.
Speaker 4: Been banging the money? What do you do every morning at seven o'clock? What do I need you to do with the calculator of joy?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, I calculate what we've spent so far and how much we've got to spend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so how much roughly at the moment, have I actually got thirty seven thousand left? Who says every half an hour Christian's on with fifty thousand.
Speaker 7: Dollars he was to take the titles?
Speaker 3: Yeah do you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Because you know, every day after the show, Christian goes down to the bank and he pays go down to.
Speaker 3: The coming bank, and I saw it all out.
Speaker 4: I got all the sort codes of all the listeners and stuff like that, and the big long number for the cards and I pay it to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, actually you take out the bill and then put in the BSB number and the account number.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, all during the songs as well. So yeah, someone was saying that we are being misleading. We need to update the money. You main Pats was, Yeah, so six thirty headlines.
Speaker 7: Thirty seven grand not fifty's.
Speaker 3: You need to update it? Give you the exactly alright, thanks Pat.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I need to speak to you and Pat's after the day's show just for five minutes. Oh, really important business. I have tactics to share for how we're going to dominate today in the presenters versus producers laser tag. These tactics, my friend, are from x SAS Commando. No, seriously, I contacted one of my I've got to know homous a friend. Guy was in the SAS for many many years, and ha's written a couple of books about his exploits as well, and he gave me some tactics. I wonder if those guys do love going to play something like laser tag, because.
Speaker 3: One of them was at the end of interview once we've been doing some promotion an hour earlier. And this guy's was in the SES for like twenty odd years and he couldn't help but see that we had a NERF gun, two NERF guns and we were chatting afterwards.
Speaker 4: I always got on really well with him, and he was I assue him look at the NERF guns and I said, oh, do you want to have a go? And I said out of interest, right, because there was like the guy used to work and show filming it. There's me and my co presentered. Our producer said if you were to storm this room just by yourself, right now, what would you do? And so he went all stay where you are then, right, and he went loaded up the NERF gun.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It was one of these sort of pump pump pump action ones where I had about I don't know about eight shots and we thought would be really funny, and then he came flying. This is all off air during a song, right. I was asking him to recreate what would happen if he was going to storm the room and he's on with a NERF gun, and I saw he just changed his demeanor, right, and he was like at the other side of the door, we had this big glass window, like we got here, and he was like just this body positioning tapes. And then it actually didn't make us laugh because it happened so quickly. There was something actually horrifying about it. How he just single handedly moved around the room and almost like a ninja, just swept around for he's a big guy, but moved so definitely and took out all of us, just went bank bank bank bank bank. I was the last one he killed, by the way, and he looked me in the ear before doing it.
Speaker 3: But anyway, team, I've got tactics. The producers are going down eleven am today laser tag.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Over the years, been lucky enough to interview you two a couple of times by Bono and the Edge, and they were sending them many many years ago that they got one of their early breaks when they were lucky enough to support.
Speaker 3: The police, I mean open for them. Really, this is way before they were the YouTube we havness. It's really really early days.
Speaker 4: But anyway, the police obviously hadn't done the research and they were just a band hired that were getting a bit of talk yep. And so first night Sting realizes cheit. They're amazing and there's something about that the way there's something about the lead singer. So the next night, for the rest of the tour, he insisted that the engineers put a limitter on their apps. Now something we don't know what a limitter is. It basically limits how loud and how great they can sound.
Speaker 3: In other words, deliberately scuffering. Just how good you too good sound because sting got a little bit insecure. You know, it's the world of music. They're all fragile musicians.
Speaker 5: The musical version of mecapping.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that is that incredible. I love that. All right, let's do this on this day in mystery, on this day mystery, on this day today, February the seventies. Yesterday, on Februar the sixth, we discovered that the Queen Queen of England sent the world's first email yesterday Februe six, back in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much for everyone. We actually found a photo of her doing that. It's an amazing photo on this giant mega computer. To them when they're like the old school computer, that huge one where there's big keyboards you had to like punch to get them to type anything out. Thank you for everyone who went to our Facebook page and put comments as to what do you thought the world's first email?
Speaker 3: Actually said?
Speaker 4: My favorite one was from Tim Cananan that simply said was a request to join a linked in network. I hate those. I get them every day.
Speaker 3: All right, Jack, you want charge with it today February the seventh.
Speaker 5: Before I give you the clue for today's on the same mystery, let me take you back to eighteen fifty six when Tasmania was the first parliament in the world to do a secret ballot.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Tazzy was the first place to do a secret ballot.
Speaker 5: So I guess before that they just did a show of hands or like that must have been.
Speaker 3: I'm into a room and go back.
Speaker 5: Who this person for president of this person for Prime minister? Yeap, that was the first place in the world where they did it in the secret Little Boots. In nineteen forty well, Disney released the picture Pinocchio, Oh Yeah, which, like all the Disney pictures, is borrowed from a fairy tale or a old story.
Speaker 4: I always found that one terrifying as a kid. Do you remember the whole Pinocchio story? If you lie your nose again bigger?
Speaker 3: They have a chilling one to tell kids, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Well, Actually, the original story was even scarier than the Disney version made it a bit softer because In the original book, Pinocchio throws a mallet at Jimminy Cricket and kills him.
Speaker 4: A lot of those fairy tales, like Grim's fairy tales and Asop's fables, are very very dark.
Speaker 5: A lot of death. But well that's a dark way to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Jimmy cricket been killed with a mallet. Good morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 5: But for this morning's clue, I'll give you three bands, quick quick grabs of bands who all started on February seventh, the US tour, but in different years. So three great bands, three UK bands on February seventh, of different years start a US tour.
Speaker 4: Wow, I wonder why that is. That's gotta be significant. Why February the seventh start of what or Cheap Flights? Flight Center had a sailon?
Speaker 3: All right? So what you after? The three bands?
Speaker 4: Yep, three amazing bands. All right, lines are up and now, for your guess, is one of the three bands here? So nine four one four, one oh four three We're going to the lines.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three on.
Speaker 3: This day, mystery, on this day, Welcome to February the seventh, and Jack's got a clue this morning about on this day in mystery, it's a musical one.
Speaker 5: On February seventh, in different years, three bands started their US tour. What were they have listened to this clip?
Speaker 4: So all right, here's the clip again. Three bands we'll start on their US tours on feb the seventh, but in different years, three great bands.
Speaker 3: So all right, Ben, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 10: Hell are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Ben?
Speaker 4: Have you well this morning? Welcome to the show. And what do you think the bands are? What's your guess?
Speaker 13: Alrighty, So we got the Beatles, we got Pink Floyd, and we got the clash.
Speaker 3: Well done, but it is for this time in the morning. That's very well done.
Speaker 4: Cob calling in thinking it with the last one was was a spinoff after the clash, Mick Jones formed Big Audio Dynamite with Don Watts.
Speaker 3: You've got some very smart listeners. But it's not that well done, Ben. We'll send you a prize. Okay, thank you very much. All right mate, have a good day, do you too? So three separate bands? What years?
Speaker 5: So nineteen sixty four, the Beatles touchdown in America for the first time to five thousand fans and Beatlemania in New York.
Speaker 4: If you could be in a time machine, right and science permitted that you could go back in time to see any band who we've not been lucky enough to see.
Speaker 3: Who would it be?
Speaker 5: I think, I mean, I think it would be the Beatles?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I remember saying to my dad, it must have been an amazing to sort of, you know, grow up in a time when there was beatle Mania and the Beatles around my dad's. My dad simply looked at me and went and I was working nights. No, what, you're the whole, the whole, that slip you're working nights. I don't know the Beatles. No, I don't know who you talk on. If he pats it that you could go back as any artist, I.
Speaker 7: Reckon it be Elvis in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Vegas is yeah, it would be for me to be Elvis. You know he did that special, the Elvis Comeback Special? Was it sixty eight sixty eight Comeback Special?
Speaker 3: Be it to be in the audience for that whenever wondered if he could get it back, and he had that beautiful that's what there's that iconic image of him. He's got that black left. He looks amazing, beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful looking then, and he was he was nervous as well. There's a bit I've got this big DVD documentary they made of it. I have been hot, I think, think of it.
Speaker 7: It's when he came out of the army, I think.
Speaker 4: And so he was quite nervous about making a comeback. And you can tell at the beginning when the studio lights all go dark and he's about to do it, and you can hear him cough nervously, and then the lights go up.
Speaker 3: And he's Elvis and he smashes it.
Speaker 4: It's incredible, Honestly, it's such I would be in the audience. That would be it for me to be in the audience for Elvis's sixty eight comeback special. I think it's when he pete of all of his powers come together for that one performance.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised, Paty, you didn't choose Brian Adams.
Speaker 3: Stop be there back in time, going who is this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: But I can still go and see Brian Adams. Yeah, gosh, can I go see Elvis? Can you?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 4: We count those hologram technology now, it's amazing all these artists that are touring VIA. I think Abra doing that, aren't they?
Speaker 5: Well, Amy Winehouse I read yesterday is doing the Hologram tour.
Speaker 2: Is she?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I assume we'll be able to see anyone. And also with VR and all the stuff that's going out, they reckon in five years time less. Unless people are going to go and see live music, just watch it VR in your front room. Pers you're missing it. It's not about what you see, it's what you feel. It's being in the same space as a load of other people all enjoying the same moment.
Speaker 5: How does it? Has anyone seen any of the Hologram shows?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I saw the Elvis one with his original band at rod Lavor maybe twelve thirteen years ago, right, and oh look it was good, but you were more focused on the guys in the bed, and I think because it was it was his original girl. Yeah, like not the very first guys, but the Vegas Yep.
Speaker 5: How does the hologram look? I picture out.
Speaker 4: Of years ago, to be fair, past twelve years ago, that would have been like a really early prototype of it.
Speaker 3: Now. I bet if we went to see one now, it's got to be a lot better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Abra doing this thing and that you you won't be paying cheap tickets, you'll be paying full whack for them.
Speaker 3: But it still doesn't you know, it's not.
Speaker 7: Then I reckon I would for ABBA, though I'd love to go and say that really I loved ABBA, still do.
Speaker 5: But there's members of ABBA who still yeah, all for them. It's not that old because they can't be asked of them. Doesn't wanted to know.
Speaker 2: Let me know.
Speaker 3: They just want to get all the money without any of the touring. Your lazy kids. I'm not going for.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Time now to burn some more cash, Christian O'Connor's fifty dollar.
Speaker 3: Your bills.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get the updates. So far did have fifty thousand dollars? Thanks still tintacar, don't drive naked this summer.
Speaker 5: Now remaining is thirty five and sixty six dollars twenty nine cents. You've already almost given away fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Brilliant. Love it all right? So you need to good little website.
Speaker 4: That's the number one place, the only place to go to tell us about your bill Gold one oh four to three dot com dot Au and then stand by phone. Now everyone's on the READFORSD show at about ten bars seven and then again at ten am, one.
Speaker 3: Pm and four pm. Right now we're going to call somebody up.
Speaker 4: I hope this guy actually accommodate to this as someone who's trying to do feed fast at the moment. Let's call up Scott Scotty Ocean Grove.
Speaker 5: His name's on Scott Scotty, is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, that's his name, Scott, Scott's Scott, Scott. That's his name. Hello, Scott speaking Scotty, Yes, Scotty. Yes, who have I got Scott? Come on, Scott. You know it's mister it's mister Cumming. I presume.
Speaker 13: Hey, good morning, Good morning, and Jack and Pats as well.
Speaker 3: That's great, we've got a proper listener.
Speaker 4: Well done. Hey listen, Scott. So you out in og Ocean Grove, Ocean Grove, Yes, lucky man. I was went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and.
Speaker 3: It is beautiful out there. I love it out there. What is it? I had the best Thai mial. We love tay food there.
Speaker 13: Chang NOI yeah, that's my favorite.
Speaker 3: That's a great place, great Bason.
Speaker 4: There's a breakfast place we went to a couple of times, Driftwood, just like a couple of doors.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they've got a great menu there. If anyone the food.
Speaker 4: I could live out that way. I thought it was stunning. There's also a very good bottle of Ocean Grove cellars in between.
Speaker 3: I really was impressed. I've I need breakfast, I understand.
Speaker 4: Then there was that there's a is it the Piping Hot Chicken place across the road from chang NOI do you know what I'm monument?
Speaker 13: You know them all? You know more?
Speaker 3: You impressed all on. I believe the road is called the Terrace.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah for me, I think he spent all.
Speaker 3: All right, So that's what's the bill.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that bit now about my favorite places.
Speaker 3: So Scott tell us about the bill. You want me to pay off? Mate?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 13: With uh Christmas over and I'm I think the pudding that I has just gone straight to the front of my belly. So we've got a exercise program and then food program to get me back to my playing weight, which is a few kilos less than what I am now.
Speaker 4: Good man, I'm going through this as well. I'm on a diet at the moment. I'm doing fab Fast as well. So what have you got like an eating what's your type plan?
Speaker 13: Well, it hasn't started it yet, it starts mid mid this month, but I think it's going to be a bit around the Kido plan and it's going to be a bit no alcohol like you guys as well.
Speaker 3: So oh well, listen, good luck, let's know how you get on.
Speaker 13: Uppy my exercise also, So it's really I mean, it is just about getting better health as well, so it's pretty important that you.
Speaker 4: Do that also, especially when you get to our age Scott, it's so easy to put the pounds on. It gets every year, get a little bit older, it gets under of the shift them. So hey this good luck. Seriously, let us know how you get on. We're going through at the moment as well, so if we can give you any support, I'll let you know how we're doing as well. I'm four days into fed Fast and I was just saying earlier last night I had a dream about a nice.
Speaker 3: Colomb of bits that'ld have been four days. Well, listen, I will gladly pay this bit off as well. It's one hundred and forty dollars. Is this for the gym?
Speaker 13: This is for the it's an extra part of the gym. I go to the gym already, but I have to, you know, get organized and up my exercise. Y.
Speaker 4: What's behind the velvet rope for you? An extra part of the gym. What's going out there on out there at Ocean Grove? An extra part of the gym? I an rub down table or something. It't puth what you're doing, just.
Speaker 13: The extra component to do the diet and more exercise. So move that hand and poorting from Christmas.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, good luck. Okay, we're paying off one hundred and forty dollars. I round it up to two hundred dollars. You get yourself some extra macadamia nuts and kale.
Speaker 13: That's awesome, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Listen, good luck. Let me know how you get on over the next couple of weeks. O K, all right, good luck with the fad past two guys, now I'm gonna need it. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Scotty, take care. Say hello to Chagny Drift. We're down that chicken place across the road as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Well, we like Scotty, wish him all the mess with his new regime. As Jack just said to me, the key phrase there join our chat was.
Speaker 5: He said, I'm doing a bit of no alcohol like he does.
Speaker 3: Is that he's only doing he's only just having a couple of SIPs of alcohol. What's a bit? I don't know? All right.
Speaker 4: So yesterday we spoke to a lovely woman called Katherine, and her bill was anything to do with orthodontics. It can cost quite a lot, and she's finally decided as an adult, do something about her teeth and she's getting them fixed and so obviously going to cost quite a bit of money. She wanted one thousand dollars, and I really felt for her what she's doing, so I bumped it up to I think fifteen hundred. And we want to give her a call because we've got some good news, all right. So I think it was Katherine Baronia, wasn't it. We spoke to you yesterday, all right, So we're going to call her up now. She doesn't know what we're calling about.
Speaker 3: But it is it is good news. Otherwise, while we we do it. We call it for bad news. Listen, I'm going to take all the money back.
Speaker 4: Hey Catherine, Hi, Hey, come on, I say you've forgotten about me. It's only in twenty four hours ago, yesterday we were besties. Now it's like, who's this?
Speaker 12: No, No, I just read you talking about your.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 12: I just heard you talking about me on the radio.
Speaker 3: I know, And now we're calling you up. It all happens live, you know. It genuinely is life. Hello again?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 3: How are you you still good?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 12: Really good, really good. I even I got to work yesterday morning and I booked my first appointment.
Speaker 3: So I'm ready to go right now on that. On that you booked the first appointment. Yeah, yeah, Okay, all right, we've got someone who heard our chat yesterday and has got something that they want to say to you. So stay there. Let's get Selena up from Oakley Dental. Good morning, Selena, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm really good, really excited about what we're about to do for Catherine.
Speaker 3: So what you're about to do?
Speaker 4: So you heard this yesterday and you got very kind, very very an amazing offer for Catherine. So Selena, it's your offer. So Selena meet Katherine. Catherine, meet Selena.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hi you Hello, it's nice to mate. You're even through a stone Catherine. Look, I heard your story yesterday with Christian, and I'm really calling to help you out because I do a lot of bracesm in this line, and I would like to offer you a free course of orthodontic treatment at my practice. No way, no, no, I'd really I'd really like to do that. That's exactly what I'm asfering you.
Speaker 12: The future.
Speaker 10: Yes, we'd love to help you get your smile looking beautiful.
Speaker 8: Catherine.
Speaker 10: That's that's the aim of our game.
Speaker 12: Oh that it's completely just oh my.
Speaker 4: God, oh bless you captain. Listen, Selena, this is so kind for you to do. You can you can already hear what it means too, So thank you so much for that.
Speaker 10: Not a problem now.
Speaker 4: Catherine's obviously very polite. I'm not quite like that. So Selene, to get down to business here. So does this mean when you say, of course, does that mean to start to finish?
Speaker 10: That's right, So, Catherine, I haven't seen you yet, so I don't even know what your taste looks like.
Speaker 4: But she's only got one she's just got one in the middle. You know, my life very but it's a beautiful one. It's a it's an absolute stun it's a ripper, but it is just a one. And it's hairy as well.
Speaker 10: Well, that's going to make my life difficult because I've just I would like to help make your smile look more beautiful, and we can. What we can do is we can straighten it using either braces like the metal things that you've probably heard of, and possibly in visil line, which I like to do a lot of, so invisible braces which often perhaps a little bit more appropriate for an adult in the web.
Speaker 12: Oh, unfortunately, I've been told my teeth are probably a little bit too hard to fix with the mizzile line, so you'd be surprised.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: I did a visilne for about five years at the women at nighttime and mine what Irish manky old crooked teeth, and they were like falling tombstones. Goodness knows how they managed to correct them, but they did, so don't rule it out, obviously, Go and see Selena.
Speaker 3: She will I'm sure she'll worked miracles for you. Don't worry. It's going to be all good.
Speaker 10: Correct, that's exactly right, Catherine, don't rule us out. We'll have a little look first and we'll go from there.
Speaker 12: Oh that's fantastic. You've just made my whole year.
Speaker 3: Ah, this is just great.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad that Selena you were kind enough to hear it yesterday and then make this offer to Katherine.
Speaker 3: You can you can just feel and hear what it means to so thank you very much. Selena and everyone at Oakley Dentle Oakley Dentle steps up, thank you so much for doing that. It's amazing.
Speaker 10: That's our pleasure.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll let you.
Speaker 4: To talk later on today. Selena, thank you very much. No, Wray, have a great date. And Catherine, do you need Jack to cancel that appointment at the other place?
Speaker 1: No, no, No, that's okay.
Speaker 12: I'll give them a call.
Speaker 5: We can still get that deposit back, I hope.
Speaker 3: All right, Kathain, we catch up with you soon. Okay, have a great day. Awesome.
Speaker 12: Thank you you two, ye guys.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So you know I'm a big UFC fan, Yes, super super big UFC fan. I was there for UFC Adelaide in last year November December, and I can't wait. It is here this weekend. The fighters are all in town.
Speaker 3: If you're not.
Speaker 4: Aware of UFC, to me the ultimate as a boxing fan, it's the ultimate combat sport. Men and women in the octagon in a cage, and I think they're incredible athletes.
Speaker 3: They have to learn how to have to be very good boxers, kickboxers, grapplers and submission wrestlers as well, and you're very lucky. My favorite fighter on the whole of the UFC is an Australian fighter called Robert Whitaker, and he's the current middleweight champion of the world. An amazing fighter with the highest fight IQ. Any fighter in the the UFC I just saw is a very very very hyper smart fighter, right like the decisions he makes, yeah, and just in what he sees the others do, and how he faints and how he moves and faint yeah yeahs and they come rushing in and he hits them and he's going. He's fighting this weekend. He's a middleweight. It's a middleweight fighters at the main event. And then there's also a legend called Anderson Silver. He's fighting as well, and up and coming gun as well. There's a whole load of other great fights as well. So I can't wait.
Speaker 4: It is this Sunday, Super super excited. I know that not many of you know about the sport. There's probably I'll be stunned if even just one or two. Right now, here's a pricking up going. Yeah, I'll go to the pub to watch it, or I've already got to because it sold out within minutes as well, and it's right here in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: It's really really exciting.
Speaker 4: He got an Australian champion as well, and I know it's like a dog whistle a lot of people going. I don't know what he's talking about anyway. Lucky enough, I did TV show in the UK for the UFC and so I'm lucky enough to be I get invited to go to the shows.
Speaker 5: Once in commentator are always a guest.
Speaker 3: My friend yesterday called me he was going to be going with me. Yep, he can't make it. How would you like to come to me to your first UFC events?
Speaker 5: You wouldn't want me, I would, I would. It would be wasted on.
Speaker 3: Me because I don't know any other friends that are into the UFC pats. Do you want to come? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I'm washing my hair.
Speaker 3: I would you love to see men lots in a cage?
Speaker 7: Pat our friends just signed up to an amateur group actually this week is the oldest one at forty to do so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you mean an amateur group? Oh, they're like but wrestling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, he just signed up this week and I don't know back it's like the thrown website and stuff in a.
Speaker 3: C We be grapplers, you know, were a fight club first of all. And where be right club? You don't talk about? Where out of town?
Speaker 7: And he's got his name. He's going to be known as Johnson Eryl Rooney King.
Speaker 3: He flows off the tongue for jerk for sure. That's funny.
Speaker 14: When is he?
Speaker 3: Is he doing that this weekend?
Speaker 7: No, he is not competing yet. He's just started this week and training and you know with the foil tin garbage cans and stuff.
Speaker 3: Good on him? So what is this like a midlfe thing? He's always wanted to do it.
Speaker 7: He's always wanted to do it. He's been a fan since he was about three, and he's finally realizing his dream and he's really.
Speaker 3: We've got to get him on the show and follow his progress. Where would he end up fighting?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 3: So do you mean the kind of wrestling like w W A or I think it's like w W.
Speaker 7: The same.
Speaker 3: Well, the UFA is the real Like that's really actually feel a bit offensive that you've literally done another one of your sides to start checking me out. The old sort of basically pantomime drama and I pull your hair and you slap my thigh and that kind of that's not fighting. That's it's like going and see a musical pats You can't come see I don't want to come.
Speaker 4: That's you don't want to spend midday on a Sunday watching men being punched and kicked in the head.
Speaker 5: Jack who says, notice, I'll be interested in the spectacle.
Speaker 3: I just want to know. Spectacle is a sport. My friend is the Ultimates? Are you going all day?
Speaker 5: Because last time did you get there at nine am? And didn't?
Speaker 4: I will be there to see some of the underlips? Are me there about eleven? I'm not drinking either.
Speaker 5: Should I just meet you for the main event?
Speaker 3: Do you want to come time? I'll come, oh no, it's been jack down. He's not going to get hurt. He's not fighting.
Speaker 5: You're not throwing me in the ring.
Speaker 3: It doesn't go hardway through anyone here brave enough to take. Oh god, this is why you got me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: And no point to everything. This is a proper job. And readers that again.
Speaker 4: Yesterday when I was saying good night to my daughters and they went, have you got a busy day?
Speaker 3: You've got busy day, daddy?
Speaker 4: And I went, yeah, I did the show that I go into laser tag at eleven am because daddy doesn't do a proper job.
Speaker 3: No adult should be out.
Speaker 4: Doing laser tag on a Thursday at eleven am like us today. I mean, that is just ridiculous. How lucky are we to do this?
Speaker 3: We are doing that. We're adults. This is our job. We're going to laser tag at eleven am today on a Thursday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but how else will we know if the announcers are the producers of the superior was.
Speaker 4: It's the only way to settle it, the only way, all right, coming up after eight o'clock then we've got this week's isolated vocal, brand new one, very very different, but hopefully you'll enjoy it.
Speaker 3: If you don't know how the feature works.
Speaker 4: This is what we got coming up for you after eight o'clock, and it is a treat we play an isolated vocal. Isolated vocal is just literally just the singer singing. There's no music, no instrumentation, it's just the power of their voice. It is raw, it's beautiful and it really really moves you when we hear these, then we hear the original song and you you're you're you're just feeling a different way and you'll notice certain lyrics. Anyway, here's some of the highlights of the last couple of weeks with the isolated vocals.
Speaker 3: Can no It?
Speaker 14: Choose me to the moone on line, hold On, could.
Speaker 5: Tigh you down?
Speaker 12: Money's last hot to pray to that tears run down.
Speaker 3: From my eyes, lots somebody, ooh, somebody can hit a body, find me somebody.
Speaker 1: The lone.
Speaker 3: I don't stand believe.
Speaker 14: Then hold on.
Speaker 3: See like bea wow, I'm ready for it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, it's time for this morning's isolated vocal. This is how it works.
Speaker 4: Then we just play the raw track every single morning Thursday morning, just after eight o'clock. The isolated vocal is just when you just hear the raw vocal itself, and it is raw. And what I'm about to play is super super raw as well, and when you hear it stripped back from all the music and the studio effects that are used these days to lift kind of average vocal performances to make them somehow passable. These are singers who can really really sing. And so when we're doing this the last couple of weeks, we've had Freddy Mercury, we've had Mick Jagger, We've had some very big, strong performances, big strong vocal performances.
Speaker 3: This one is.
Speaker 4: You feel the pain. The song, as you just heard is Radioheads Creep, Tom York. He's on a Freddie Mercury, but he can move you in the same way. And the song Creep is an amazing song. It's a song that many people can relate to and it became an anthem. The song about being an outsider and not feeling enough wanting. Somebody felt that when you're a teenager when you don't really know your place in the world and someone else seems unattainable, just seems beautiful, and you're not what he realize is right about his pain. It became an anthem for all of us outsiders. So haven't listened to this. It's a very, very different one than we normally do. But give this one to go because hopefully it moves you in the same way as the other one. So here's this week's isolated vocal Tommy Yop from Radiohead with Creep.
Speaker 3: Just feel the pain in his voice for amer Creep, I'm what the hellmagine I don't belong.
Speaker 12: To sh.
Speaker 4: Tommy or this week's isolated vocal star on God one O four point three. When you have to download the podcast, you want to hear it again or he's the ways go on YouTube. You find loads of these isolated vocals. That's why I find them. There's tons of them. There's some amazing ones, but when when you hear it a few times, you need to turn up a bit. Tommy York clip that we played with him doing the raw vocal for Creep, there's you can hear the bleed where he obviously has his headphones so loud the music, Yeah you hear you hear that, which is already they brush all that out. But I love it when he stood it back and hear those little bits there. You obviously need it really loud in his headphones to get in the right place for it. All right, then it's time now time for this week's You're Smarter than Google. This is where we put up a couple of questions and no phones, no going to the internet. We try and work out the answers to questions together using our brains. Wasn't that long ago when we had to actually know stuff and work stuff out. We're going back to that, So please don't cheat, don't go on Google, resist the urge. See if we can work out the answers to these this week two questions together.
Speaker 3: First one, I saw it last night, the lightning. It scares us. Does luny your dog get upset with the lightning?
Speaker 5: I kin't you know what? Sadly, I kind of enjoy the lightning because she gets so they want to cuddle it. Yeah, yeah, so she came and sat on my foot last night. Treat lightning.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Even the big dogs that get togeed of it. We've got a German shepherd dog.
Speaker 4: She they need gets to cuddle and they start panting and she starts behaving like that. I know there's a storm coming because she starts to get really distressed by it. That's something themosphere and they get triggered off. And even when I was going to go to the gym last night it was lightning. My wife was like, you can't get in a car. You could strut the car. I think, actually, I'm safe in a car more than anywhere else. But I want to know what is lightning? I know it's e literacity and a huge fulship, but what actually is happening?
Speaker 5: Does it?
Speaker 3: And you know is it true about?
Speaker 4: You know where you see it and you count the seconds to it happens again, and go, it's twenty kilometers away?
Speaker 2: Is that true that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do that. Yeah, And there was such a long gap between it. I said to him it's a long long way off.
Speaker 4: It's a minute, which means I reckon, it's about twenty k away.
Speaker 5: All right, So is the question what do we know about lightning?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What is lightning? Okay?
Speaker 4: And if anyone's got any o the other little ones about it? Is it even true about you count the seconds? Is there any science to do that?
Speaker 5: Is it safe to be in a car or not safe to be in a car? I would guess safe rubber tires?
Speaker 3: Is that protecting me better than a plane? Yeah? And or the other question this morning? Then on you're smarter than Google?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 3: My kids? I wanted to ask this one. Why do cats per?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: On? Dogs?
Speaker 5: Never thought about it?
Speaker 3: You know? Why don't dogs per?
Speaker 4: And also if cats do, they're part of obviously the feline family, the cat family? What about lions and tigers? When you speak to zoo keepers on this, does a tiger per?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I've been indeed, I've been to a safari do you hear any parent? But doesn't mean they don't do it?
Speaker 4: But did you go to a tiger and give it a little under the chin like the cats do? Or give it some do they still like cat nip as well? So those are your questions today?
Speaker 3: What have you got to what do you know? What can you share with us to try and work out about lightning and cats purring? Give us a cool now? O four one three sorry? Yeah? Nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one O four.
Speaker 5: Three Elton John tickets for this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got Elton John tickets a week before they go on sale. Good luck the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three we're doing you're smarter than Google? Well we try and use our collective brain power Melbourne to try and work out the answer to important questions. And no looking at Google, no cheating, do not go online? Lightning? What do you think you know about lightning? What is going on with lightning? Was the thing as a kid? Is this god moving the phone around children?
Speaker 4: And then the thing about counting the seconds are between the forks and the cracks and that's how far away?
Speaker 3: Is Is that even true? I don't know. And why do cats per? All right? Why do cats per? Nine four one O four three? On lightning? As well?
Speaker 4: What happens to You don't have to look too far around the city to see cranes? Cranes everywhere, aren't they?
Speaker 3: The guy up there? How was enlightening?
Speaker 5: He should have a rubber seat.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's got a rubber seat? Or I don't know. Are they on a commode up there? Anyway? So they go the toy in it.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to the lines right now, Tim, Good morning, Good, good morning, Tim. So which one are you calling about lightning? What can you share with us? What do you know about lightning?
Speaker 8: Well, rubb tires don't offer you any protection because this was carbons still belt.
Speaker 5: So this is if Christian's in the car, can get hit his car get hit by lightning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look, certainly can get hit by lightning. What protects you is the But it's made of metal, and you're sitting inside a metal cage which acts like a Faraday barriers cloak.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, what's that Faraday? I've never heard that.
Speaker 8: It's just like a metal A metal cage is referred to as a Farad at the couch when you're talking about electricity or even radio waves.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, And how does it keep you safe?
Speaker 8: It just stays on the electricty, yes, spreads the electricity over a larger area and then down through the ground around you.
Speaker 3: So earth. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So basically what we need to do is we need to see if bundance can sell us cages. And there's walked to seven eleven, you know, in your cage.
Speaker 5: Just like taking an umbrella out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it and you'll be absolutely fine. Tim, Thank you very much. Here are cooler, mate, no dramas. Cheers all right, cheers mate. Let's try John. Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 12: How do you go?
Speaker 3: I'm good John? And what do you know about lightning? What can you share with us?
Speaker 12: Okay, really briefly on chine thing. Yes, a Faraday cage which is going to protect you from being struck by lightning, provided you don't touch any of the metal parts of the car. So Michael Faraday go google him after you we've done the no googling thing. As for what is lightning. Lightning is the discharge of negative or neutrons from the Earth to balance with the electrons in the clouds.
Speaker 11: So if you.
Speaker 12: Remember back to science class, we played with a Vandergraft generator, big shiny ball thing on top of the glass tube with a rubber band running around inside it. The rubber band was bouncing off neutrons off that into the big silver ball and then you had a discharge fatten and when it made contact, it's basically like shorting a battery and you'd get a bigger stack the discharge and what you're getting with lightning is that on a massive, massive scale, and that's why that zapp isn't a zapp is up boom, it's you know, earthquaking, thunder, and so yeah, that's what lightning is. And if you're in a plane, you're relatively safe because of the skin effect. So lightning is millions and millions of vaults, very very high voltage, and the higher the voltage, the less penetration of a conductor the electrons make, so the electricity will run around the outside of the plane most of the time. And so therefore people inside a plane are fine. And likewise also in a vehicle. And as Tim said, tires don't offer you much protection at millions of vaults because they are there's high amounts of carbon, and carbon is a conductor. So lightning will strike your cage that you're driving in and go down to earth hire your tires. But when you strike a power pole and power cables come down on it, you have live active power. So don't try and get out of the car. Wow, stay in the car. If you walk away from the car, you then suffer step potentially. I'm sorry, I'm getting a little sidetracked from lightning. But still on electricity and vehicles and the danger thereof if you are in a vehicle and there is a live power line on it, unless your vehicle is catching on fire, don't it the vehicle. You are much much much safer in that vehicle. Hopefully you have a phone call Surple zero, get the emergency services out.
Speaker 5: Could you try and drive away, John? Or is that dangerous as well? If the cartier.
Speaker 12: If your car is still operable, absolutely, if you can drive away, drive away.
Speaker 4: But don't think John, it would like all the electrics you have in the on board computers, it's sure going to it's gonna the big search and all that was going to wipe it all out right.
Speaker 12: Possibly. The mechanics of the internal combustion engine is very dumb. So with slightly older cars it's not a problem because you without getting too sidetracked. It's how it works. It's dumb with smart vehicles. I've got a very new vehicle and it's got the automatic cutoff and restart. Yeah, so to say power and all that sort of thing that yeah, and it probably absolutely toast if you have an older vehicle. If the vehicle is still running and it can move, sure, back it up, drive away from where the live power lines.
Speaker 5: And if your pats just don't tell anyone. Drive away, and yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: Turn up to it.
Speaker 10: No need to tell, no need to tell anybody.
Speaker 3: John, how do you know all of this?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 3: You sound like a science teacher. You've explained it so clearly and concisely.
Speaker 12: Okay for my friends, Mark. But the reason I know this because I'm meant to know it, and I love watching things like YouTube videos. There's a fascinating, really interesting guy on YouTube, electro Boom. He's got amazing eyebrows and he makes electronics things really interesting. I am an electronics integration technician. Wow, so everything from radio and tennis and satellite vish's access control systems and the life.
Speaker 3: But I love learning, and I'll hop for you.
Speaker 12: If only I could tell young me in high school, dude, study business interesting things you should really pay attention. No. After I left high school, like, man, I just passed cool whatever? Now now I want to know things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true, isn't it? Isn't it great? I'm like that now.
Speaker 4: I think education was wasted me as a kid, I didn't know what was going to I was standing out the window day driven half the time now I want to learn more. Now now we're better time to go and get a degree.
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, except now I have a wife and kids to take care of and a business to reigner, and I can't take the time off to go and get an electronic or engineering degree.
Speaker 3: What listen, Thank you for your enthusiasm.
Speaker 5: John one, last one. I know we're running behind, so key the answer short. But at the start of the show today we talked about turning off your powerpoints at home. Yes, so then they're not dangerous. Pats goes around the whole house, turns off all the appliances. Should you do that or you don't need to?
Speaker 12: Okay? So it used to be a thing where you would go around and turn off your devices that aren't being used because they had a high current draw when they were in standby mode. Most electronic devices now today use cotractions of an amp of power when they're in standby mode. They're very smart electronics to minimize the amount of current draw when they're not being used. A lot of them, like your brand new o lead TVs and that sort of thing. They use very little power anyway. But when you go around and turning things off, if you're concerned about your house being struck by lightning whilst you're away on holidays. Okay, cool, not a problem. You can go ahead and unplugged things and disconnect them from the circuit. But that's about the only reason why you would. You're you're refrigerator. You aren't like that your food spoils microwave. It sits there with a clock going. It takes no power to run the LEDs on it, so.
Speaker 4: They can't certainly have a surge and burst into flames or short out or anything like that. I think that's probably why Pats does it in idea.
Speaker 12: So okay, a surge. If you have a lightning strike and it hits the power lines, your equipment's toast. If it's plugged in, it's toast. I've replace innumerable devices that have been blown up by power surges.
Speaker 4: Jo John John John John John John John Job Right, John, listen. I love the bash and I love the enthusiasm, but we are running really really late now, so I'm sorry to cut your short, mate, but I'm just gonna go get into the ad, break in and get the news on. Otherwise people are are gonna be running later. Okay, But John, thank you very much. Can I have a quick question which, Sorry, John, I really don't know how giant. I feel really bad, really type, but we got to get to the news.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're all good. Lightning struck this show.
Speaker 5: The lightning's quick. Whatever struck us as not quick.
Speaker 3: I think we can just go back to line one right now. I think John might be still there.
Speaker 12: The mechanics of the internal combustion engine is very.
Speaker 3: He hasn't stopped in the last twelve minutes.
Speaker 12: With slightly older cars, it's not a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just leaving there. So we also want to know about how cats per as well on nine four one four one oh four three, a very new vehicle. Or we'll come back to John later on.
Speaker 4: You know the bit on the on planes to have the black box flight recording and it would cause the seconds before impact. Here's us John John John John John John John John John Job, John John John John John John John.
Speaker 3: John John Job.
Speaker 5: We had to.
Speaker 3: I had to for the rip cord. We're never going to talk about lightning again. I never talk about lightning. We don't have any rules for the show, but there's a new one now ever, ever, talk about lightning again on the show, Right, what have you got on cats purring? John's going to call back in it's also an expert on that, Rob, Good morning. Yeah, I'm getting there, Rob. What do you know about why do cats purr? Then?
Speaker 12: Well, I'll ask you a question.
Speaker 9: They've never heard of cat raw? Small cat raw?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: Right, there's two times cats. You've got a big cat and small cats. They're lions, tigers and things like Betty big cats, and then you've got small cats. The reason why big cats raw and they can't purr means they've got a residence chamber in ahead and a reson The sound resonates through there and they can be heard to seven pay away.
Speaker 3: Was it called a resonant chamber chimber?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Where we do? I did the sleep over?
Speaker 3: Great name for a heavy metal man.
Speaker 5: I think producer best got one in her head.
Speaker 3: Yes, she has got a couple of chambers.
Speaker 9: Sorry what was that?
Speaker 3: And sorry? Carry on about cat's p Yeah, we've got.
Speaker 9: Two tops cats, small cats, big cats and the small cats they don't. They haven't got the residence chambers, so I can put it. Whereas a big cat campet.
Speaker 4: Now that is the course. How how they're doing it right biologically? What's what's happening then the vibrations in that in the Chamber of Horrors.
Speaker 9: That's correct. Yeah, yeah, And the small cat doesn't why why they It's just just another nature.
Speaker 3: The only animal that does it, aren't they?
Speaker 12: Sorry?
Speaker 3: What was that? The only man animal that does it? Yes, pretty much it okay, Rob, thank you very much for cool.
Speaker 9: Not a problem.
Speaker 3: I'd have a good day, all right, and let's go on the show. Let's forget at some point we said we give away a pair of Elton John tickets, right, Uh? Do I give the Elton job tickets to John to be call him back?
Speaker 5: We don't call him back, question MANE give him the tickets, but we don't have to talk to him again.
Speaker 3: Okay, John, you can go and see Elton bringing his farewell to to Melbourne. Three special venues Rod Laver Arena in December. Also outdoors are Hanging Rock and a Debt The Green on Roschard Wines January twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Tickets are on sale week today Valentine's Day. Yes, when you can finally get your tickets, John, you can have the tickets.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three coming up in ten minutes time. We've got a brand new atwork time waster.
Speaker 4: I'm just looking at it now with fresh eyes after what we've all been through dur in the last half an hour.
Speaker 3: It's in the world of signs.
Speaker 5: Good point.
Speaker 3: Everyone be careful, don't get the phones. But ten we're not here. Turn the lights off.
Speaker 5: Do we do a last minute change. We've got five minutes to do new ones.
Speaker 4: I'm scared right Oh my head, it's actually hurting. I feel like I need to go and put it in a nice bucket of water. There's a there's about ten students looking in the window right now. They are radio students and they're here. Well I was hoping they were here to maybe see how radio should be done, but I think of the last hour, how it's not to do radio.
Speaker 5: They keep asking their teacher why the man in the window? Kids crying in between the songs.
Speaker 3: That's hockey. There's like that every day. It's the weeping all right.
Speaker 4: Then the fourth and final show, and that's the Fleetwood Mac Monday, September nine and Rod Labor Arena tickets on sale now at livenation dot com dot au. But I got paired to give you, in ten minutes time with today's at work time waste which is on the way.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three, your chance to pick up another pair of Fleetwood Mac tickets right now, the at work time wastter. Do you remember this from school? The dreaded periodic table? You had to learn it by roads.
Speaker 3: The table.
Speaker 4: I think it was laid out in columns to do with the weight of the different elements, was it? There was the gases, the noble ones, strange ones in the middle.
Speaker 5: Should we ask John?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: No please?
Speaker 4: And we are worrying still in science territory here, aren't we. We're not out of safety yet, all right?
Speaker 3: So on International Periodic Table Day, we're looking for your element movies.
Speaker 4: We are playing a dangerous game. I've got pretty in zinc. Good' suck, dude, where's my carbon darl MG for magnesium? Grumpy gold men? Good and me myself and iodine.
Speaker 5: That's great, I've got remember the titaniums Oh very good? Neon the professional yep step bro mimes for step brothers.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, step bromyce yes.
Speaker 5: Remind not one of the most popular elements, I guess and six days seven nitrogens?
Speaker 3: Six days seven nitrogens. I get it now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, send us yours. These are going to stretch them this morning, Aren't they've really stretched us?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So it's element movies with go in hybrid with this? Aren't we but a chemical element in a movie?
Speaker 3: Best?
Speaker 4: When we get in the next ten minutes, we will send you off to go and see Fleetwood Mac Live. The text number for them is oh four seven five three one O four three O four seven five O three one oh four three will mark them in ten minutes time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: One of the top three questions people always asked me about doing this doing our breakfast show is what do you talk about during the songs? Seriously the last minute or two? Me chakobatstill we what we think our last words might be when we die. We're always just trying to keep the energy up during the show. We're a real feel good hang. All right, let's go through some of these. I've had a quick look at some of them our standing work. We're stretching you today on the at work time waster with put a chemical element in a movie, What.
Speaker 3: A long way we've got. Then put in a movie.
Speaker 4: We're out going for chemical elements, don't forget. So not just marking bronze, silver, gold, but also one of them gets the big Star prize this week Fleetwood Matt Tickets. The Mercury strikes back Silver. I think that's gonna be the follow up to Bohemon Raps to the movie. Uh No, Calcium for old Men.
Speaker 5: That's funny. I guess smart Word and.
Speaker 3: Janet in Epping the Fast and the Phosphorus p in Abbotsford, pretty bid, the Good, the Bad and the Uranium, Civil Plus Finding Neon, that's great, gold Whip Smart the Zinc Credibles, the Zinc Credibles.
Speaker 5: That's all right. Civil Plus.
Speaker 3: Uh so that's not it, by the way, I just saw the second of it, Bohemian Rhapsodium.
Speaker 5: I just got to trust that that's a real one. Gold Well.
Speaker 3: I think it's just sodium. It's is tacked onto the end of rat Never heard of them. They're not junk ones.
Speaker 4: There'd be a reason for them. Do you want John cording back in on this show. Uh, there's so a nitrogen at the opera.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 3: Ye. Also iron wide shut, bronze, young einsteinium, that's very good, great, great g Wilder movie as well.
Speaker 5: But again, is that is that an element?
Speaker 3: Nope? I at the end? Gold, This is one of my favorite ones. Magnesium mic magic mic Gold, Magnesium mic is so good. Well, Unfae the man in the hydrogen mask. Gold are gone with the wind civil plus James, the world's fastest indium. Indium is one of the chemical elements.
Speaker 5: All right, Gold.
Speaker 3: Then helium boy, of course, that's really good. Helium boy, Gold. I love thee as we are from Brennan. Brennan's got plutonium of the apes.
Speaker 5: That's gold.
Speaker 4: Robocopper, very smart, robocopper, this is not that smart. These are gone in sixty seconds. Gold, all right, who's going to the big show?
Speaker 3: Fleetwood?
Speaker 4: Matt Live loved Faster than Fosphorus, that's the one fast and Fostius you're the winner. Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, So heads up about something which is happening next week on the show. And some very very big prices next week the Week of Love Valentine's Day a week today, We've got together with eBay. I've got ten thousand dollars worth of prizes to give away every single day next week. What we're asking you to do is re enact a movie scene. Now I know it's Valentine's It can be a romantic movie scene, or it can be maybe just a scene from the first movie you saw together.
Speaker 4: However you want to do it. Really, it's not just for couples, but we are asking you to just record it. You can do it very easily on your phones. All the details are up on our website Gold one O four three dot com dot au. Now as a demonstration of how to do it, we've all been doing it this week.
Speaker 3: So we had a boulder, so I've done one with my wife and I also do one with the kids as well.
Speaker 4: So Pats, yes, I'm gonna hear yours. I haven't heard your either of yours yet, haven't you. All right, let's go and hear the original scene that perhaps, so it's Pats and your husband Chris Christy. All right, this is the original scene.
Speaker 5: You're sticking the hard clubs, the hard cause, the hot ships, all the fun.
Speaker 8: I want you.
Speaker 5: You're saying, I'm naturally.
Speaker 3: To this stuff. All right, so you've gone obscure. Here I can hear Andrew. Are you going? Is this Andrew Dice Clay, Yes it is, yeah, Ford Fairlane, it is right.
Speaker 7: First movie be rewatched.
Speaker 3: All right, let's hear the acting scene.
Speaker 2: Cheers.
Speaker 12: Look, I'm sick of all the hot clubs, the hot cars, the hot chick Chris.
Speaker 3: All the fun. I want you.
Speaker 7: You're saying, I'm not fun.
Speaker 3: It's crazy about Joe. Right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: No, I really don't know what you're saying. I like the tone of your voice. I really like the tone of your voice.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful thing. Amazing Chris. Ten out of ten? You woffle Wow, you haven't don't mind yet? To be fair, all right, Jack and Don in the movie you've picked, let's hear the original scene.
Speaker 12: Were the rosie wrong, sir?
Speaker 13: Raw you stole fizzy lifting drinks.
Speaker 11: You'll bumped into.
Speaker 3: The ceiling, which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing. You lose, good day, sir. They're a crook, They're a shape and a swindler. That's what you're Oh, could you do a thing like this, build up our little boys hops and then smash all his greaves to pieces? You're an in the old monster. I said, good day.
Speaker 4: One of the great scenes in movie ever. It's the best scene in an amazing, amazing movie. It's got all there.
Speaker 5: That's the original Willy Wonker in the Chuckolate Factory. I would be playing a Willy Wonka Bianca. My wife will be playing Grandpa Jo.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is great this ever listened scene.
Speaker 5: We didn't see any rules, did we, Charlie?
Speaker 3: Wrong, sir wrong.
Speaker 5: You've stole busy lifting drink. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing.
Speaker 9: You lose.
Speaker 5: Good day, sir.
Speaker 1: You're a crook.
Speaker 5: You're a cheat and a swindler, that's what you are.
Speaker 14: How could you do a thing like this, build up a little boys hopes and smash all his dreams to pieces?
Speaker 5: You're an inhuman monster?
Speaker 4: I said, good day, Very good scene, very very good. So tom on the show, our share of the one that I've done, my wife. Imagine two pieces of wood acting together a little treat fit. Tomorrow morning on the show. Okay, powerful stuff. Not all right then, so you can start to enter now. Like I said, it's all to do with eBay next week. Ten thousand dollars worth of prizes across the weeks. If you want to win your share, head online to Gold one I four to three dot com dot au all the details there. We're just asking you to re enact a movie scene.
Speaker 3: Good luck the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we are off, laser tag, look out eleven am. It's a grudge match. It's the producers versus presenters US three.
Speaker 4: We're in chucking you in the mix to Patsy, it's presenters versus the producers.
Speaker 3: Laser tag. Now, we need to work as a team. Often when I've done these before, it descends into chaos. We can't have that. We can't have them winning. It's a bad message.
Speaker 5: Do we stick together or do we go our separate ways? How do we act when.
Speaker 3: We're in this?
Speaker 7: We need a strategy.
Speaker 3: I have a strategy. Okay. If we stick to the strategy and work as a team, here we go. We're going to be unstoppable. I can't have you going off rogue not a show. Sometimes going off someone d.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know it's a team game, but I also know that at the end you get a personal score and I do want to be the best.
Speaker 12: This is it.
Speaker 3: We lost Tyler. Today's show can only be one thing. Have a great day.
Speaker 4: Don't forget I could be calling you in a couple of minutes time on pay your bills. We'll chat to you tomorrow and have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three