Speaker 1: Hey legend, Welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Big Things Happening. We've got a review of last week's big games. Carlton big w over there at the MCG was a rocket. Also, we do a preview of this week's games coming up the best and worst from the weekend. We have a new merch item dropping that is at the very end of this podcast. You have to listen through this. And also lastly, I've got to give a shout out there as a special special mom we're gonna mention on this podcast. And you know we love mothers here, so make sure you look out for that one. But without further ado, let's get into it. Without further ado. Welcome Brendon, Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Oh Mason, it's finally here. Prelim final week. I don't know, I can't tell if you're nervous or not. I'm trying to gauge your vibe, but I'll leave that for now. Let that settle as we jumped straight into our klang is what do you got?
Speaker 1: You know we love mothers on this podcast, and there was one mother that might have been Bog of the weekend. It was probably be o Og maybe best on off No, best off ground. She's still beg best off ground mom. We got there in the end. Toby Bedsford Toby Bedford's mom from GWS. She let's just say I had a few shampus over the weekend right at the game, as you do. Yeah, it's rude not to you're in enemy territory, You're sitting there. Big win for the boys, and she decided to, you know, get a mic thrown in her face and make some just really loving comments and it was absolute TV gold all. I'm gonna quote these now. I cannot be prouder. I'm just like Giant. The Green Army is coming. I don't know if anyone updated her. It was the Orange Army is what they call themselves. So she did apologize to straight after that. I said what I said, Green Collingwood are quaking because the earth is a shaking. Now I'm not sure if that was her visual on the night, is just everything was shaking or what was going on, but very good comments from her and Hamish. I think she came up when Stephen Kinderglar was getting interviewed after the game and he ushered her off pretty quickly. Let's just say that it was absolute TV goal.
Speaker 2: I couldn't deal with that one. I don't do well in awkward moments or awkward situations, and that almost just taught me.
Speaker 1: And then your mom's sitting there, just the one that's just lighting it up after the game.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do the same thing. I was very much doing the exact same thing. But I normally I'm at home on the couch, I'm not on National TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the mic in your face, I feel like they almost were like trying to get her on TV because she was absolutely hilarious on the night. What is your claimer for this week?
Speaker 2: Well, I went more football orientated and I just have to say that to me, it was a no brainer and it's a real hindsight operator type setup. But the non selection of Brodie Grundy in the Melbourne team, because it's really hard no matter what way you spin it. To me, it doesn't make sense. If you're talking about going into the game. Max Gorn has some question marks over his fitness. Broken toe. We heard it all week. So if you have your ruck who's going into the game with an injury, why wouldn't you pick up the backup all Australian ruckman that you just have just chilling all the comments said throughout the year of like, oh, we still really value him and like respect him, and he's a Melbourne player until the end of the season, and see what happens from there. But for him not to get picked and they roll with Josh Shacky and then to not put Josh Shacky into the game and you lose by less than a goal what he has done, it doesn't make any sense, like pick Brody Grundy. He's a good player. There's definitely no chance, no way that it would have been a professionalism thing on Brady Grundy's point of view, Like I've zero doubt in my mind knowing him and spending time with him that he's true professional and he'd go out there and give one hundred and ten percent and one hundred and ten percent of Brodie grund he's a hell of a lot better than no such getting into the game and playing every any minutes. So it has to be the biggest clanger. It's easy in hindsight because you go like, well, clearly, but I would have said that going into the game.
Speaker 1: I kind of found it amazing if they actually made the broken toe of Maxicon public I would not say anything. No, I want to know. Yeah, I don't know why that was necessary information for them to tell the public. Thought that I was like all the week, I was going like if I was Max One, I wouldn't want anyone to know. I'd be like, you know, I'll just go hide this injury. It's inside a shoot. No one even see me like walking around with any kind of bandage at all.
Speaker 2: XN on the Roken bay Ota, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know what that means Latin.
Speaker 2: Fact, don't talk about the.
Speaker 1: Language, mads Well and truly dead.
Speaker 2: It's Latin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dead if anyone that speaks Latin, it's a spoken word. We'll get into the games. Melbourne versus Carlton Massive Massive game. Obviously probably everyone knows exactly what happened on this, but we're going to break it down moment by moment. Now there's a crowd of ninety six, four hundred and twelve people. Pretty good, That is a lot, pretty good, and see figured it out. Get the other four thousand in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of Obviously Carlton heavy game crowd was ballistic. A lot of reports going around all the that you could feel the earth shaking and the stadium was quaking and the Acres goal that sealed it all off. It was pretty nute.
Speaker 1: It was loose, it was I think the one thing made me realize how loud it was is you know, you get the last camera angle like they go straight to like crips the captain or something right as the sirron goes and the cameraman, who I'm assumming was just stagnant, right and stable. It was shaken all over there. Earth was a quaked. It was usual that Toby Bedford's mom was getting on the night and oh man, it was. It sounded like an absolute colse, which is wild because it was actually a Melbourne home game, which is even funnier because I was looking at the mcc win I was, yeah, it's all red.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well like there is. There's been a few conflicts with these home games this final series, but no, it's good to say them. It's good to see Carlton fans up and about. I think how we should do this. We should go through the good the bad of each team and we'll start with the team that suck. So we'll jump into Melbourne. Melbourne four consecutive finals losses at the MCG not what you want to hear as a Melbourne fan, and back to back straight set losses.
Speaker 1: No ideal. I think it was kind of like that, Like I guess the story before they even went into this game of like, oh, there's a bit of pressure that could go back to back straight sets, and I just kind of got to the point where I was like, well, I mean, like you're in finals that point, it's like every team you're playing is cream of the crop, right, and like there's some teams that are obviously on a roll, like Carlton was, and then there's other teams that you know, you're playing the top four, which are the best teams in the comp right, So it's always tough to win those games, but to go back out in straight sets, it's it's going to be frustrating, There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's yeah, definitely like we knew Carlton GWS even like the other two Sydney and who else went out in the first week, kildo like they were all competitive. The bottom four of the top eight was still really competitive and probably arguably in better form than a couple of the top four teams. But yeah, it didn't help their goalkicking accuracy in the last because it like Melbourne kicked two six in the last to Carlton's four too, So you flip that around and yeah, there was some easy shots, some poor discipline, like I take it back to Picketts jump a punch on McGovern that handed away like a free shot at goal. Like there was a lot of incidents like that, Sparrow pulling Walsh into the fans, giving way free kicks just like dum dumb stuff like that that gives away field position. You got to reset, you give away a goal, like you can't do that stuff in finals. Scores added like hard to come by. So yeah, I don't know, it's.
Speaker 1: Costly mistakes and you talk about like them. I think what was the Melbourne like nine to seventeen to Carlton eleven seven on the day, Like they have plenty of shots at goal and I think there's like two or three of that hit a post and then you're sitting there going like one of those converts then you win the game. So it's this thing of whenever you get a chance and finals you got to make the most of it whenever it comes in front of goal, especially if you're in a such shot scenario, and there's there's so many that I feel like we're that close to being a goal that could have just gone to of kept them in that momentum and be able to get them across the line, but unfortunately it just didn't fall.
Speaker 2: For now, there was a few incidents in the game, and we have kind of touched on the just shacky non sub call. Is that something that you're likely to see in a game that it's like you have a guy in there and you just don't just decide to use him because they used Hollins and he came on and had an impact, was involved in the last play which led to the winning goal. So like, especially the contrast of your sub coming on and doing something when the opponent doesn't even use theirs, it's like highlighted to the extreme.
Speaker 1: I think, like we talked about this before the pod was he was supposed to go in for what Max go on if you needed to come off, and then Tom McDonald go into the rock. So the fact that Max was like, no, I'm good to play out the game. Obviously, as a captain, you'd want to see out the rest of the game no matter what your kind of injury is they kind of put this awkward position of like do we play him given this scenario isn't playing out as we wanted it to, knowing that he would have to go to that key forward role shacky. So yeah, I don't know, Like I mean, like we I think about it. Whenever we played our last game, getting came on in the fourth like halfway through the four, so I think, like, we didn't pull our sub until you know, the very end of the game, and he was able to make impact and that short amount of time he out out there. But like that game plan they probably had as far as using the sub probably didn't play out as they wanted it to. And then as the game went on, I assume Max would have just pulled the card and said, like, no, I'm going to play this out because I want to win this game. And it was. It was a close game and everything else too, See like Melbourne goes up early, probably put Shack in, and like Max comes off and it's like, great, we're going to arrest him. He could try to get better, like you know, everything goes well. But given the fact it was such a tight game, I don't think you really want to pull your captain out in that scenario.
Speaker 2: They kind of backed themselves into the corner rolling the dice on the Shecky sub because their forwards were actually pretty good. Like you got Fritch and you got Smith, who was like the most accurate on the day, kicking three straight. You got pick it. It's like, who do you take off? He's not going to inject like any speed into the game. We're going to keep Max going out there. We need him.
Speaker 1: But if it didn't play out that way, like given the fact that how a lot of people are talking about the forwards of Melbourne whenever they played us, and they weren't performing at what a lot of people expected them to, you're probably almost going okay, Like if they have the same kind of game I guess that they had the week before, then we might try to change something up and throw them in there and throw them in the mix and see if he can kind of maybe give us a bit of a burst of energy. So I can understand both sides of that, but not using a sub just almost seems like a waste whenever it's an opportunity to get a bit of fresh legs into the.
Speaker 2: Game massively, And we talked about picket giving away a free kick on McGovern. He also had an incident jeez, similar to his incident earlier in the year where he like jumped off the ground and rocketed into I think it was Bailey Smith's head and it could have killed in. But he's jumped off the ground and kind of collected Crips in the face with his back head almost.
Speaker 1: Shoulder and missed him. Yeah, cooked his head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Crips went down bleeding from the mouth. Had to come from the ground. Picket got a week kind of lucky in the end.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. As soon as his feet left the ground, I was like, he's in trouble, he's a strife.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's bad that you don't learn from the.
Speaker 1: First time, because the AFL would be going, we told you not to do this. You're learning from your license. We will punish you. That's what I did. They gave him a week, man, And I mean, I guess at this time, they're probably not the top thing on your mind after just losing and getting knocked out of the you know, out of your season. But yeah, obviously won't play the first game of the season next year. But she's a pretty steeple on that Melbourne team, so I'm sure it'll come in round too and be right in it.
Speaker 2: And should we move across to Carlton's game celebrate a bit of what the Blues have been able to do because it's their first time they've played in a prelim since the year two thousand. How old were you?
Speaker 1: I was young. I was young, There's no doubt about that. I don't even know I was nine. It was nine years old. Let's just say I remember why two k I remember the Internet was going to go down. We're all going to end up losing ourselves and you know, everything was just gonna ship, was gonna hit the fan, We're all going to die, and that happened. We just keep taking along.
Speaker 2: How tall were you when you were nine?
Speaker 1: I think it's probably like six foot eight. Maybe it was just.
Speaker 2: Got it done early, that's it.
Speaker 1: No, I would have been normal height, mate, normal height.
Speaker 2: And we've spoken about Robbie Williams two weeks in a row.
Speaker 1: It's getting a bit of media. Old Bobby Williams loven't it.
Speaker 2: He is a jinx for Sydney. And then Carlton made the pitch to say, hey, come across and get on the Carlton Bandwagon and he jumped on board and he sung a song postgame after the Blues won about Tom de Kerney. What was it?
Speaker 1: Please tell the rendition? What is it?
Speaker 2: It was like Lovers in the Air, but with Tom Deckurney.
Speaker 1: Sure, but just like he was like sitting in bed, which I just felt was really awkward to be filming anything in bed, just kind of the place.
Speaker 2: Williams he does his best work there, you think, do you think? But it's been a pretty crazy final series for someone that we can celebrate, celebrate Blake Acres the Sheriffs. He's had some kind of final series because the first game he nailed a couple of touches on the line that saved goals and kicked the sealer. And he's done it again, kicked the celer with a cook shoulder. He's just going out there and doing it all.
Speaker 1: One half contested mark at the end of the game. A bit of questions around, wait, holder, how much space do I have? I'll dribble this one through. And it wasn't like I mean, it was close to the pole. I feel like the post was there and I'm sitting there watching it, going, oh gosh, he's playing on here like, oh no, what is he gonna do? But can you imagine if he took the mark, came back and slaughtered the set shot with the suspense of the crowd and everything else, and essentially at the siren he's kicking the goal.
Speaker 2: I hope everyone was okay out of that situation. You cut to the white shot and they were going ballistic.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Now the amount of people that have posted the photos of their like smart watch going like their heart was beating, Like surely there's some old people in there. So I hope everyone's okay. But yeah, it was. I don't know. It's been pretty specially he's had a great final series and speak about a great final Sam Walsh thirty four touches, two goals, eight tackles.
Speaker 1: He's just killing it. To throw them into the wall doesn't matter. He's still going to get some touches and he's doing some goals.
Speaker 2: And he has built into it because he was injured earlier in the season and started playing games and was accumulating a lot and people were questioning the damage that he was doing in games. Well, yeah, he really took it away from him in this one. It was a really impressive performance whenever he came.
Speaker 1: Back and started playing. You, I think that's probably whenever they started turning around their season. So you got to say, like, he's one of those players that maybe is able to kind of break lines and be able to get them to that next step to get to the forward line, because that was a big issue in that first half of the season. So to have someone who kind of connects the back line to the forward line, similar to like Nick Decos for us, right, like he'll take people on hit forty five's like hit people that you probably wouldn't be able to do. That just allows the ball to get moving forward, to be able to get access to the forward line. So I think that's kind of the wash effect for Carleton. That's going to helped them solve some of the issues from the beginning of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it does take the pressure off the others in their midfield. When you've got a bloke in there getting thirty five, he needs a bit of attention. Jacob Wiedering there was a scary moment for Carlton fans heart and mouth stuff where he laid a tackle and cupped his shoulder to what the AFL is calling neck and throat area, and he got up very woozy and you know, unsteady on his feet. You could say.
Speaker 1: A little bit of a wabble.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say anything that can get the cart and lawyer on to me. So, yeah, the AFL has ticked it off. You got the all clear. Carlton put him through a quick assessment and went he's all sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So happy days for Wetering and the Carlton fans. But it would have been a very nervous moment, as was a very nervous moment of Doc actually dislocating his shoulder in the first half and it kind of looked done for him, and then he came back out and played out the rest of the game.
Speaker 1: It was insane, like I've ever seeing that, and I was like, oh no, like one of our favorite players has gone like he's done. And then next thing you know, he's like DEVI was strapped mob figure it out, and he's back on the magic that happens down in those rooms. I'm not sure what they're doing with the dark and stuff, but you'd think they're doing some kind of like cyber arm thing board.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there is and if it isn't, they've got a perfect lawyer to figure it out, Brandon. But yeah, no, it was incredible and for him to come back and play obviously like it's yeah, it's a massive deal for him. We talked about like his first final teen years into his career, like you know, the first round. So yeah, it's an incredible opportunity for him. I'm sure he would be that amped up to be a part of it and just wanted to be out there. So I can understand that he came out and he did his job.
Speaker 2: I feel like Doc is one of those blocks that you'd have to rip his arm off and he'd probably still be out there running around just bandaged up. It was what you know when you sometimes you see a bloke go down, You're like, oh, he's Knight's done. I wonder when they're going to pull the sub and stuff, And then like a couple of minutes later, you see him just like trotting down the wing or something.
Speaker 1: Actually without any issue, no limping, know nothing, and you're like, what has happened? How is this possible?
Speaker 2: That magic spray? I tell you that's wild.
Speaker 1: But we'll move on to the next one. Poort Adelaid versus GWS at Adelaide Oval and the capacity here is fifty five, sorry, fifty three, five hundred eighty three. There were only forty five and twenty and I say only, but like, what's be realistic. That's still really good turnout for Port Adelaide. But probably I was thinking this was going to be a sellout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a lot of people, I don't know, questioning it during the week, Port Adelaide fans unsure if they were going to sell it out. I saw people posting like the seating and saying that, you know, it was pretty slow ticket sales, whereas you look at something like Collingwood GWS is gone. That's gone. You can't get tickets to that game. So yeah, it was. I don't know if it was a reflection of like the pricing, or if it was a reflection of like the belief in where the team sits after a loss going against GWS, the almighty Legend bills now, but forty five still a pretty good still, still a pretty good turnout. We don't want to take the piss too much, but yeah, I think the one thing that just immediately jumps off the page port kicking one nine or having one to nine score in the last they could have done some damage.
Speaker 1: I mean, Gobois had the momentum the whole game, like first quarter came out and they were just marking everything. I feel like it was just one of those days where Jesse Hogan was on. He was just being able to clunk everything was he kicked I think four to four on the day. And there's a certain point there. I feel like gwis they missed a few set shots essentially right before half I think it was, and a few like snaps on goal and that could have just put this game over with before halftime even happened. But yeah, going into that fourth quarter, I mean, if you look at one to nine and the difference is, you know, twenty three points, you kick a few of those, it's a legitimate game like between the two even though like you haven't been really ahead by any means the whole game from then forward, So it into the first three. But yeah, you get the crowd into a man like everyone knows port out of loads fans are crazy and they provide a bit of an entertainment aspect to it. There's no doubt about that. And yeah, it's just it's one of those things, like I said we said earlier, like goal kicking accuracy in this in finals is so important and it's a thing that can really determine games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think because GWS had that well, they had the dominance throughout the whole game, but in particular, there was that ten minute patch, five to ten minute patch that ended the game. Essentially it was I think they kicked five goals in ten minutes or something around that, and then a whole bunch of points Like you were saying that, Yeah, they could have really really done some damn done some damage in that second quarter. The midfield of port that everyone's been talking about, Butters, Rosie Horn Francis kept pretty quiet. Butter's probably the only one like as a standout. Rosie kept us seventeen on. Francis normally doesn't get big numbers. He's normally more of a damage guy. Both tried his heart out and there's been a bit of talk about both, like how he's been treated towards the end of the season and what he does from here on with his career. But yeah, it was it was a down performance for him for like this midfield that we all tout, as you know, elite elite.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think there was one thing I noticed watching the game was like, gw ass at any chance, impossible moment was just getting the ball forward, and it seemed like it just all the midfielders of like Port Adelaid were just passing and JB just off to the races right, and that just seemed like there's certain times where the ball's going forward and You're going, how is there someone in their forward line? There's no one even on them, like they're just sitting there open, there's no one even near them, Like there was one point I think whereeah, there's like three people inside fifty and one defender, and I'm like, how's this even happening? So their ability to get it forward I think almost like shocked Port Adelaide, and they were just on their back heel the whole time and really tried to wrestle at momentum back and just wasn't able to until probably the fourth quarter and I started getting stuff on the board. But one person that was able to kind of get them or keep them in the game somewhat was really really like he kicked three esre on the game, and he was the only one that even looked remotely close to doing anything for Port Adelaide in that first quarter, and I was thinking, this guy's just hanging on, hanging on by a threat, and this man is doing everything you can as possible to be able to try to keep them in the race.
Speaker 2: And he's obviously all fellas Team of the Year.
Speaker 1: Hashtag to never forget.
Speaker 2: Kenny did say post game that he probably had to take more risk with team selection than you'd like to heading into that one, saying that what was it there was younger players that are still too young to be playing AFL, So as bad as it was, it could have been a hell of a lot worse if they didn't run with the injured players. It's interesting statement, but looking out there on the field, I think Trent McKenzie, probably one of the more obvious ones hurt his knee last week, had to play on Jesse Hogan, and Jesse Hogan just dominated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's one of those things. I guess you get two finals, right, would you play someone who's an injured but experienced player or would you someone play someone who's inexperienced in a finals game under the bright lights? And then you know not as probably you know is very young in their career, Like it's a it's a question a lot of coaches have to make, but I think a lot of them would probably are on the side of the experience to be able to get them over the line. Then someone who's a bit younger, maybe in the first or second year, to come in and try to play a finals without much time ever doing that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you've got to trust in, like put your trust into those senior players as well to make the call. But yeah, it's it's an interesting one and another off season for Port Adelaide.
Speaker 1: And I want to go back to this one part of this game, the Butter's chair throw.
Speaker 2: It got a lot of attention.
Speaker 1: It was wild. It reminded me of a famous college basketball coach who picked up a chair and threw it onto the court. This is this is a true story through onto the court in the middle of a game because she was upset with an umpire's call. Probably not to that extent, but it was wild seeing it live. The whole thing play out, Like I don't know, like if an umpire can give extra time for furniture moving in the middle of a game, yeah or not? Like the way you went about it was kind of disrespectful, going me wrong, but like that's you know, I guess the heat of the moment somewhat. But also like they didn't hitting an extra time, you know, for that scenario of you know, them being somewhat in the way of I guess, like straight lines to the goals. So yeah, I don't know. It's like one of those things I was thinking about earlier. I was like, well, should umpires be able to give like five or six seconds extra for them to be able to, you know, be able to at least organize their shot in the best way possible.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's not a good look from like butters, but he's moving the chairs out of the way, throwing the chairs, and then he turns around the umpires like like move it on. I was, mate, I'm busy, like rearranging fucking Ikea down here, like we can all do better in this situation. Umpire says, hey, let's take a quick pause, excuse me, Can you just move out of the way please, because he's trying to take a shot at gold it's really important to him and his team in the finals in the AFL, big deal, All right, can we just move those chairs? Thanks? Okay, thanks, all right, you're ready, all right? Time on, move it on. Yeah, it's pretty like I think it was just a communication thing on everyone's behalf.
Speaker 1: The chair throw didn't look too great from his perspective, Like you said, I think if he had his time again, he'd probably go back and do it differently. But I think there's a better way for the AFL to handle the situation. It's happened before. I remember whenever we played. I think it was Richmond and Brody Grundy kicked the one right at the siren and Darcy Moore went back and someone was in the way too, and he like moved the chair also, and it was one of those things where like you feel like you should get a ton of extra time, but like five or six seconds extra or like him to go if you can go back and move that, okay, start now, time back on kind of thing. So I was looking at I think there's got to be room for improvement here. But did it pan out the way it probably should have and did it look great from a visual perspective. No, but maybe it's an RFI for the AFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My point about like social media commentary around it is it's like so hypocritical to be like, oh, you need to show empathy and you need to be in control of your emotions towards this like water person that's just doing their job and then just go to town on Zach Butter's like, yeah, I don't get people.
Speaker 1: But the culture thing I think has probably been yeah, and we'll move on to joby. I decided, thank Stephen Kinigli are thirty touches at twenty two touches by halftime and also had two goals, like he was one of their star players. He is one of the turnaround stories. I feel like over the last two or three years, I think we all you know, heard the stories of him during that Amazon Prime you know documentary that he did and some of the struggles he was going through then, and then for him now to be playing at the level he is and be such an important carg in that machine pun there you go? Is it a credit to him? It is a very hard thing to do, and it's a credit to his you know, his ability to kind of work through those hard times to be able to come out the other side. So it is not easy, but it's great to see him, you know, being able to be positive and making an impact for his club.
Speaker 2: You're making it sound like you know from experience how to like turn turning a form slump around. This is great because I didn't have to bring it up.
Speaker 1: You were the one that was a few times. I've gone to the fl and a few games.
Speaker 2: So you say it is hard. How hard is it? What do you do? How do you get out of a poor form slump or how do you work your way back into form?
Speaker 1: Ah, there's multiple things. I think, Like you just get back to the basics. You kind of go back to what you're good at, gaining a bit of confidence in that. Obviously playing at a lower level, like you get more opportunities to you know, play a bit more rock, you're playing a bit more forward to get more aerial contact or aerial contests or whoever it may be. But yeah, I think a lot of it. Sometimes you just it's like anything, like we're all human beings. Sometimes we can have a bit of a you know, our mental health isn't great at the time. It may be and that might affect our football, and you know, at the time, you just got to try to find things that you know make you happy in life and fill your cup up, as I say, and then that kind of you know, bleeds into your work life and then bleeds into your football hopefully and can turn things around. But yeah, it's it's not easy. Like sometimes coaches lose faith in you and they don't want to play you, and then they looked to elsewhere. And I mean, like whenever I look back to Brody Grundy and Darcy Cameron, like there's a point where I got moved out of that rock position and Darcy Cameron was chosen over me, and that was just like part of the process. I think it was maybe Nathan Buckley in the COVID times whenever that happened, and that was one of those things. It was a bit of a shot to your ego and your confidence and everything else obviously whenever that happens. But yeah, I mean, obviously things panned out differently and I was fortunate enough to still be in the team. But yeah, there's definitely those dark moments you go to and you got to try to find a way to come out of them. And a lot of times you rely on your friends and family and that close kind of grow close knit kind of group you have, and yeah, sometimes they take a lot of negativity from you. But they're the people are always in your corner no matter what. That's kind of one of the most important things. I think whenever that does happen, well.
Speaker 2: It's always good to say it turn around. Steven Kennelio. Yeah, it was a I don't know if if you'd describe it as a rough ducker, it was. It's great to see him bounce back. Thirty touches twenty two in the first half is insane. Two goals, great goals too, Jesse Hogan, Toby Green. It's going to be hard to shut down these guys. Four goals for three goals two between them so combined for seven to six. So at least there's a bit of inaccuracy there. This one's the most important selection for GWS. They've got Kieren Briggs who hurt his shoulder in the game on the weekend.
Speaker 1: He come back in and play. He s off the game. Yeah, you probably know better than me.
Speaker 2: These shoulder things, they get worse over time, Like we talked about Doc earlier in the podcast. Yeah, dislocated shoulder and pops back in and can go back out there. Is it is that sh Is that going to be painful?
Speaker 1: Fucking hurts. There's no doubt about that. There's probably a few needles involved and a few kind of numbing agents and stuff like that. But you look at Doc will probably play this week again after just locating his shoulder, and he'll just have it heavily strapped. So I think there's there's definitely. I mean, I'll plan to say that Brin Briggs will play on the weekend. That's the way we'll plan it. But yeah, obviously everyone's pretty switched on as far as injuries and stuff like that. But I think whenever you get to this time of year, adrenaline kind of kicks in. Injuries don't matter as much. So yeah, obviously he had a little bit of a shoulder thing over the weekend, but the fact that he came back on employed shows that he's still able to so I think he'll should be able to get up for the weekend.
Speaker 2: It's just another little thing that adds to the story. It's pretty hard to tap when you've got those shoulders, but we'll see how it all plays out. He was still winning Rock. He's had a big final series now, something that people are kind of sucking about. I'll describe it as sucking is GWS is six day break coming off this win. Now argument would be that it's meant to be the advantage goes to the team that finished on top, and it's meant to be harder for the teams that finish below them. And that's how it works. Next this prelm, whoever wins these prelims will get an extra day's break going into the Grand Final. That's how it works because that's the advantage you get finishing up the ladder. Mace. So saying that you've had a lot of time, You've had a lot of breaks, a lot of time to recovery. What's the way up between the old classic, Oh, you haven't played a lot of footy in a three week span of time compared to like these guys have been four games in a row. This will be on the road and coming off a six day break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the six day break is interesting. Like, I found it amazing that the schedule wasn't sorted beforehand, like we found out essentially Sunday or Saturday night. I guess after the game that we were locked in for Friday, Like it was still a question, Mike, we weren't able to actually give our schedule out until the weekend because you think that these things were planned geez back in like March, Like, it's pretty wild to think that, like we're figuring out what day we're going to play the week of. But I understand there is venues and everything else that comes with it. That probably is a bit of you know, having to reserve things and whatnot. But yeah, the six day break thing, like the question mark I think was around I guess the competitive nature of it, whether or not it's fair. Yeah, like you said, whenever you finish first, there is benefits you get to finishing first, whether it be a double chance or this. And that's just kind of the scenario because AFL is not gonna play two games on a Saturday. Yeah, they're gonna play two primetime games, so one of the teams is gonna get screwed. And that's just like, that's just the fact of the matter. If we were playing in non prime time games and we want to just you know, play it all at once, all on Saturday, I'm sure we probably would. But there's too much money in the games to not be playing a Friday night game and a Saturday night game. And that's just kind of Heart and Parcel with the AFL.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't, Like you're gonna tell me they're gonna play an afternoon game at twelve o'clock on a Saturday, Like, no, no, damn chance, they can play two night games, which, let's be honest, this is a Grand Final. Maybe you should probably fall in line with that. But we continue to talk about that, and they'll continue to be a talking point, and yeah, there's money to be made by being in primetime. Therefore it will forever be in primetime. Unfortunately for one of the teams, that just means they're gonna have a shorter break.
Speaker 2: One main reason why you wouldn't play it in the middle of the day, as we move into other news, is because there might be snakes on the field.
Speaker 1: Mace, a snake in my boots.
Speaker 2: Killer snakes. Finally you got something to send back to the family and friends in America, going, geez, we got another snake out here on the field.
Speaker 1: I thought this whenever I read the headline. I was like, Oh, this thing must be a two three meter long snake. This would be massive. They would have been seeing this from ages or I see the video. It's like literally, twenty centimeters is nothing. It was so small it was deadly. I must say that, So it is important to get the snake off the field. But my picture of it was very different from what was the actual all image of it and whenever it came to the game. But they did have to delay the nfl W game between Richmond and j WS out at Blacktown because there was a deadly snake on the field. So that is the most Australian shit you will hear this week.
Speaker 2: So it's not about the size, it's about how deadly it is.
Speaker 1: Can just give a shout out to Gandalf. They picked it up. I don't know if you've seen that guy beard of a goddess.
Speaker 2: He looked like a snake handler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like literally who I would picture if I was like, I need to bring up all Jake, the snake candler.
Speaker 2: If he was walked through the gate, You're like, oh, the snake handle is here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that you're right all the time. I would probably say that you're wrong most of the most time. But you are correct about the Gold Coast Sons because they.
Speaker 1: Boys we bag that.
Speaker 2: Hey, Gold Coast Sons have made the Grand Final.
Speaker 1: You just just like I planned, Brandon, I knew it from the start, been on this bandwagon for a long time.
Speaker 2: You just picked the wrong lead the VFL.
Speaker 1: We never got into the details.
Speaker 2: Gold Coast have made the Grand Final of the VFL, which is big for him. That's massive. It shows that you know, there's some talent coming through. Maybe your child took a hanger.
Speaker 1: Hangar of hangers. Oh my gosh, it was elite.
Speaker 2: So you're backing them into it and get the dub in the Grand Final.
Speaker 1: I have no idea they're playing, but they're gonna get the dub. You're going to murder them. Choll's just going to get easier to go. He's gonna go to the moon. As we would say, big love for Chol two, absolute legend and but yeah, no, it's great to see him in the Grand final. Shows that they're you know, I've got a few guys coming through in the younger leagues that are you know, helping them be successful. And I think, you know, like I said, next year finals and while we're it's not just in the VFL, Brandon, let me just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the AFL W or maybe they can get that that what's the medal when all your teams are good at the same time. Talked about it last.
Speaker 1: Week, but no the whole Yeah, they get like a million bucks or something like that. I'm not really too sure.
Speaker 2: That'll be good when you when you're pocketing a million bucks this year of IT and Harry Sheezel one of the best Farris for norm.
Speaker 1: Yes, pretty good fit. It's pretty good. First year, not bad. Second year, sorry second year, second year winning IT B and F. I'm not sure if he gets a big bonus or not, but let's just say maybe him and his family and his mom were going to Bali again. Who knows. Yeah, that's it tatos on here, But no credit to Harry. An incredible accomplishment and he's going to be an absolute gun for that team for a long time. So it's a little shout out to Harry for winning the B and F over there. It's quite something he should be extremely proud of.
Speaker 2: That's enough flapping the gums about other crap that happened outside of finals. Let's jump in to this week's preliminary finals. Brisbane versus Carlton.
Speaker 1: At the Gabba at the Fortress.
Speaker 2: Last time these two teams met was at Marvel Stadium, not as much a fortress. Brisbane still won twenty six points and Charlie and Zach Bailey four goals each. Harry and Charlie one guy. That's not as many goals, so that's probably why they lost. Carlton banged up going into this one. They got Duc's shoulder. Obviously, Crip's still going with that reb injury.
Speaker 1: And the thing is like, that's almost like, you know, whenever they had the jousting back in the medieval times, like that.
Speaker 2: Couch around him wild and he copped that, you know, the hit to the mush that saw him go off for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Bleeding from every Orfice. In his post game show interview, it was wild.
Speaker 2: That's not good. And then obviously Aker's shoulder. But he'll just keep plugging away. But they have got some players to come back in, which makes things a little spicy because they've got Harry MacKaye to come back in Jack Martin both available. Harry was out with concussion, Jack Martin was out with being stupid, big punch to the face, So he's back in. I don't know who comes out. There's gonna be some unlucky players coming out of this one. You never want to get dropped for a final, let alone a pre limb, let alone a Grand final. So it's going to be very interesting coming into this one. We've got some key matchups. Who do you see there?
Speaker 1: I've got the two Charlie's going at it, big fan of the old motorbike Charlie, and obviously you've got the other Charlie at the other end, King Charles yep. And then we've got what's what's his? Uh? What's Charlie Cameron's shark? Did No? That's country Country road? Yes, and who knows, maybe they'll be able to finish a whole song this time before he kicks another golf Not too sure.
Speaker 2: Six girls back to back to back.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, between them two that I'm expecting. Let's go eight goals between the three. I'll expect eight goals. Yeah, and it's going to be I'll go Charlie Cameron kicks more. I think he's he's primed for a big, big he's just always the prime time at the gabba. A big fan of him. But he's gonna I think those two are going to be awesome to watch. Obviously, two gun forwards of the League who've been killing it all year.
Speaker 2: What do you make of Charlie Kerno's final series today? He's kicked two goals in two games. Not really set in the world a lot. First game he had a lot of touches, set up some things. Second game not as much. Pretty quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting. I mean, I don't feel like Carleton's kicking massive scores in general. Maybe they've chosen a bit more of a defensive style with their you know, their finals campaign. I'm not too sure, but yeah, I think he's primed. Everyone knows he can kick an absolute bag on a big stage, so he's primed at some point. I feel like to be able to have that massive game and kick a few goals, and I think this is the one he's going to have to for them to get over the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like, yeah, it's interesting, Like a lot of Carlton's mid tier has been stepping up in finals. But I can't wait to see Big King.
Speaker 1: What matchup are you looking at?
Speaker 2: I look back to see last time and it was Dunk's playing on Paddy Cripps and Dunk's probably had his best game for Brisbane up until that point, at least definitely thirty three disposals, fourteen of those contested, thirteen tackles, six clearances, and Crips only had the seventeen touches thirteen tackles. It's a lot of tackles.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of tackles. That's my season probably of tackles in one game.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good, and touches and touches. It was a pretty good game. So you know, it's always interesting to see if if teams go back to the well and then to see if the other team has an answer for it. Do they just roll back and do the same thing because clearly it worked, and do they help Crieps out more. It'll be interesting to see. But yeah, that's mine. I'm keen to see how your boy Harris Andrews does down there. I like watching the defense come finals. Like we all like big goal kickers.
Speaker 1: But both a bit more of the defensive.
Speaker 2: And there's been some great defense.
Speaker 1: Setup over the weekend.
Speaker 2: He dominated teams now all seem to have a really key like back. Yeah like that you got May Lever, you had alia A Leah, you're Darcy Moore, you got Harris Andrews, Like they all got these like absolute jets and it's fun to just see them go head the head with like a big key forward. Kind of missed out on that from Melbourne because Melbourne don't have any forwards. But I Digress went up there and played a little bit, yeah, and he did well. So maybe if there was some thing where they could have got a rock in and then Max played forward, but I don't really know how they could have done that.
Speaker 1: Calm down, We'll move on to the next game.
Speaker 2: What's that one.
Speaker 1: It's the Congwood versus WUS game pre lame at the MCG. I don't know what you're predicting as far as an audience there, Brandon, but I would have to say it's going to be over ninety five.
Speaker 2: It is almost a replica of that well one. You've already versed them in a prelium, but it is I feel like it's going to be that vibe of that Richmond GWS one where it's just like massive numbers, one sided, and we'll see if they can pump up the volume greater than Carlton fans could. I will say going into this game that I've been told already external to this room, external that I need to park my alliance to the GWS Giants.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't say that, So.
Speaker 2: It's I've had a good ride on GWS all year. I can't take them over Collingwood. So I'm saying this is where the giants were.
Speaker 1: To tell me if they went over the weekend, You're not going to come in here and told you. I told you the big pixel for the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the town coming in fully decked out and merch. But it's just for this game. So I'm parking it here and I'll say this is where my alliance to GWS is halted.
Speaker 1: Wow, all year it comes down to the cluch moments spread and you just I must say this for everyone listening that I did not have any influence in this decision.
Speaker 2: And it's painful because I was on them early. So you better win. But let's jump into the talking points, because last time you versed these guys, sixty five point winners, probably the last little part and maybe even the catalyst for them, just like turning things around sixty five point win round nine at the g and people might remember this game for the game that Mason Cox tore apart with your nineteen touches to goals.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold, let's check that that is better than donks to still guarding another's.
Speaker 2: But it was pretty good. And you played against Matt Flynn in the ruck. Yeah, it is interesting because he's around and Briggs injured, whether they make a change there. It was pretty even in the ruck, but you did play well across the ground. What you remember from that game and do you take much from it or does it feel like it's a lifetime ago for both teams.
Speaker 1: It feels like a lifetime ago. I think Matt Flinn had the most clearances of their team, So I don't think who needs I had that as creditbit game as you're really make it out to be. But yeah, well we'll ended up seeing what the Rock Battle is going to be like. But yeah, I think this game at the MCG, although the score was heavy one side, I feel like it was a pretty close game as far as everything. As far whenever you look at the stats, I think you wrote down out here like the colling was tackles with sixty three twenty nine. That was the big kind of thing that stuck out. But in the kicking efficiency inside fifty with sixty two forty seven percent, So other than those stats, it was pretty even. Keel, Yeah, but obviously you look at I guess, our ability to finish in front of goals, the efficiency we're going in and everything else was the reason we're able to get up by that many points. So it's going to be an interesting game. I'm really excited for it. Like obviously, Joe us on a bit of a role at the moment, and you know, you talked about them and the last time we played them with a catalyst for them to be able to go on a bit of a role. And then I think back to Port Adelaide round two after we smashed them at the MCG, they went on like a twelve game straight winning spree. So it seems seem to have like, you know, all of a sudden, I got a bit of a fire lit up under their ass and had a really good time after we played them. But it's going to be a big game, Like I said, a massive crowd. I'm excited. It is exciting times and geez, it's going to be a roar at the MCG. I feel like we've never heard before jeez.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so the stats last time, it was like disposals were the same, like clearances were the same, like inside fifties were the same. So yeah, it must have come down to, like your looks and the names that I read out here, you can't let these guys get this much of the ball. Nick Dak lost forty one touches, Tom Mitchell thirty six, Jordan to Goi thirty one and a goal. They're pretty damaging players, so it would have been some pretty good service. I imagine Jesse Hogan did well at the other end, kicking three. And it's been one hell of a year for Jesse Hogan.
Speaker 1: He is killing it. Like credit to him. I just I feel like there's a time whereas it freemantle and there's the questions around his career and everything else. And now at the GWS Giants, he has reinvented himself. He is dominating out there and he's kicking like at least three goals a game. So his ability to move around was watching him on the weekend is like ability to get behind his defender, move around and keep them guessing. It's just like second to none. And he can take a big clunk too, So he's definitely got the attribute to be an important key player and their team over the weekend.
Speaker 2: And who's the matchup on him who's.
Speaker 1: The matchup on him would probably be Darcy Morel as soon. He's a pretty decent defender himself, which would be a great little matchup.
Speaker 2: I will say that my favorite matchup is and always will be Toby Green versus Bradon Man. Oh yes, I want it to go for it.
Speaker 1: How long do you think it's going to take for them to get in the scuffle? Ten fifteen seconds? It is the game.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's that like the respect between them.
Speaker 1: There is funny thing but like in between the sirens, they're like, no, I don't give a shit who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's always so good and Branden he's held himself pretty well over the years, so always be good. Obviously, you know, coming off a pretty stressful period of time for Brandon Maynard, so it'd be good to see how he bounces back. And Toby Green hasn't been suspended or even looked at this final series, so he's a changed man as the captain of the All Australians.
Speaker 1: AFL has just reinvented him.
Speaker 2: So there's been a couple of injuries and a couple of returns.
Speaker 1: Nick beakos, it's good how the best player in the league back. That's nice, that's that's a tick.
Speaker 2: We've been seeing him. He's got the tick of approval for Collingwood. He's back. Saw him at training doing little stoppage drills and stuff, or he's building. Is there no nerves about bringing him back? Just off your run into a prelim.
Speaker 1: Good luck? I mean I saw him for the Brown laugh, So I can't imagine you'd be like, oh brownlow medalist. Yeah, you have to ease into this one.
Speaker 2: What if you start him as the sub and then just don't bring that on?
Speaker 1: I couldn't imagine that. It'd be wild. Wouldn't that be silly?
Speaker 2: And then is it just a matter of Taylor Adams unfortunately, and he's been through this similar in the past, hamstring injury strain at training.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this week pretty minimum, I feel like from what I've been told, So there's still capability of him playing if if we go all over the weekend to be able to have play in the Granny. But and yeah, it happened in training and it was one of those moments where you know you can see someone's face and you see them kind of hobbling, and I remember seeing it and I was just like you gotta be kidding me. Yeah, Like, this guy's been integral part to our team for a long time, obviously in the leadership position, but also just around the ground, and you feel for that. You know, it's never a position anyone wants to be in. And someone who was part of that twenty eighteen we were that close to winning the whole thing, and you know, be a part of a campaign now and have to sit out a big game like this is definitely gonna turn and part inside, I'm sure for a bit. But I know he's a guy that loves to do the best to be able to get back in I've noticed over the last little chunk that he's doing every single thing he can to be able to try to put himself in best dance. So he might be a possibility. So it's a credit to him. He's going to do everything in his power. I think. I he's been in the hyperbaric chamber of about ten times in the last four days, so he's yeah, he's obviously you would be gutted as he can imagine, but there is up to him.
Speaker 2: Prayers up. He's been he's had a really good season. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. What's changed about his role because he's moved into a new role.
Speaker 1: He played midfield and then he got moved into the ford line, so he's kind of playing a bit of that small forward now brings up pressure and his abilities, I guess to have a leadership role in that that forward line has been massive, so he's playing a bit of a different role. But with so many midfielders coming in, you know, you have to be able to kind of move people around in different places to get people rest and get people in side the call face. So he's been one of those that's, you know, how to change a bit of what he does on the football field. But he's yeah. To credit him, he's been integro all year and fortunately we'll have him over the weekend.
Speaker 2: They got like Cannelio Whitfield, Tom Green, which allows Toby Green to play out forward with Jesse Hogan who's killing it down back. They got Sam Taylor, they got Harry Himmelberg, Like they're all pretty talented football and looking back now, is probably surprising that it was picked to have like this drop off, like where do you start and where do you look at when it comes up against GWS, Like what's their dangers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they just they play really well together, right, Like they connect really well. Their ability to give them best service inside forward fifty was a massive thing over the weekend. I felt like it was very noticeable. But they're just a team that has those key pillars and those key positions that you need as far as leadership, as far as making clays and things like that. That's really put them in good stefy throughout the finals campaign, throughout the year. To be honest, like they have been a team because they're in Sydney, maybe because they're not the bigger team in Sydney and stuff like that, they've flying under the radar a bit, and you know, I think teams maybe throughout the year of yeah, I guess look past them somewhat. And they've made people pay every single game and they're on a bit of a roll at the moment. So yeah, they'll look to continue that momentum, I'm sure over the weekend and their ability to get the ball forward has been incredible and you know, like I said, some of their key players are really you know, stacking up whenever it comes to these finals campaigns and making a statement. So it's a credit to them what they've been doing so far.
Speaker 2: Cannely Josh Kelly. Yeah, good, good team, best GWS player that's going to be out there. We'll ask Canelli the Husk.
Speaker 1: We love the Hosk.
Speaker 2: What's your week look like? Now? What have you been doing over the by period? What's this you know, two weeks kind of looked like? And how do you ramp up going into the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's kind of interesting, want to play two games in a month. It's a weird feeling like we've never gone this way through finals. We've always had to go the hard way, so I've never actually experienced to have a week after and finals and watching the games over the weekend, it was this weird feeling of like we should be playing kind of thing. You know, we should be playing tomorrow. So that was a bit odd. But you know, we got the week a few days off, you know, and then we essentially just get into the normal routine now. So same thing that we're doing all year as far as going into games and as far as reviews and previews and everything else. It's a normal week. So nothing really changes too much from our perspective, and we just continue kind of doing what we've been doing all year with you know, obviously scouting another team and try to put our things that we think will go well against them into training and then go from there. So not much changes, to be honest. Like there's a bit of hype obviously with the prelim and a bit of a bit of chaos around the noise and stuff like that, but I think inside the four walls, it's pretty much the same week just that we've had all single year, every week all year, so it's pretty crazy. It's kind of a weird feeling to I don't know. Everyone expects like a something nuts to happen or something unique or different, and.
Speaker 2: It's like, so you don't feel it's not like feeling any different. You're not nervous, you're not you're not.
Speaker 1: Schedules the same and everything else. Like I mean, like I remember in twenty eighteen, you never heard the Grand Final and like whoever makes it there, it's like a very different schedule in the week, but like a prelim is it's you don't have all that extra stuff that comes with it, so it's very much just another game work in that's in that sense, So yeah, it's it's gonna be exciting weekend. It's going to be an incredible crowd hopefully, and you know, hopefully we can get the win.
Speaker 2: Being on like a massive stage like that in front of a massive crowd. People always say it's like the biggest crowd you get. Yeah, because you don't have the corporate it's does your brain let you absorb what's happening.
Speaker 1: Not really, Whenever the siren goes, it becomes process. Like I think obviously in big moments where someone lays a tackle or something, you hear the crowd and like you hear that kind of stuff. But I feel like because you're so like in the moment of the zone and trying to get people organized and trying to be part of the carg and the machine kind of thing that you don't that's not consciously happening in your head. You know, you're you're too busy focusing on the things that are happening in front of you. Say, obviously you feel the crowd at times, and you notice that if you win, you'll definitely get to sit back and after you know, the siren goes, you're sitting there looking around like this is incredible. You know, like at the Melbourne game. As soon as that siren win, it was like this star relief and you're looking around the chaos and the people in the stands going nice and you're like, holy shit, this is wild. It was like, oh, you've been watching this whole time. Oh my gosh. Now it's it's incredible to have an amazing you know, Magpie Army there and dad for them to enjoy it with us and you know, help us through these signs. We talk about a nineteenth man on the ground and that's what it feels like, and it's it's an incredible to be part of a club that brings that kind of passionate supporters with it. But as far as crowds, as long as you get ninety six, four hundred and thirteen, which is one more than the Carlton game, I'm happy. I'm happy. So it would be a big game. Go out and yeah, if you've got the mcc passes or whatever it is, make sure they're filled and just let's fill up the MCG. I'm excited. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 2: And lastly, before we wrap things up, you've got the fam coming over. Filthy Phil is gonna be tearing it.
Speaker 1: Up Filthy Phil, have a lookout for him. He'll probably be on the banner before the game. He tends to get with the cheer squad with my mother and hold up the banner. They just love the footy. They'll get in on Wednesday. One of my brothers is already here and then the other brother comes in on Friday, so the whole fan would be here over the weekend. Who'd be exciting. Last year, they weren't too happy with my performance because I played a half of game and then we lost. So then they stuck around for the Grand Final and it was like I came here to what you play, you know, forty five minutes of game time and I was like, yep, sorry bro. So hopefully I can have a better experience this timmer around. But it is great to have the family. I'm sure there'll be a bit of media with them. They tend to find a mic somewhere.
Speaker 2: And lastly, we will say a quick prayers to run Barrassi and Kevin Cowboy and Neil unfortunately passed throughout the week, so prayers up to those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, icons of the IFILL. You devoted their life to the IFL and you know a trunk of their huge chunk of their life and time on this earth to the successes they've had, So a credit to them what they've been able to accomplish, and you know, farts and pros. Grat to their family and friends.
Speaker 2: It's a week away before we're sitting here and seeing what's happening after the big pre limb. It's where God's getting exciting. And if you haven't already jump on subscribe. I reckon. We're that close to like knocking up another milestone on our YouTube. So if you if you're on Spotify, if your podcast listener, jump over follow us on the YouTube.
Speaker 1: Actually just for the numbers, just listen to both. I will say one last thing before we get out of here, because I mentioned at the top there is a stubby holder or what I call a koozie coozy the Carlton Draft dot com dot au. It's in the link for the bio and everything else, so get your merch there. And it is a new edition, a new addition to the Mason cock Show merch which we're excited about.
Speaker 2: How was the person holding the jump her up in the background of the Fox Love.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that guy was. Behave shout out to you, Matt so good.
Speaker 2: I get so many photos from my mates that go to the footy, yeah, taking photos of people lining up to get beers and stuff. Where now jump good.
Speaker 1: So many love the love, We love the love and it's very much felt in this podcast. So thank you so much everyone. Hopefully it is an incredible weekend. Hopefully you enjoy it's going to be a massive game. I just want to say a massive, massive thank you for being part of the community and listening in No.
Speaker 2: More Big Big Sound. Yeah.