Speaker 1: Sometimes the most painfully normal looking people live the most interesting lives. Personally, I don't know what that's like, as I'm both absolutely stunning and incredibly interesting. But I am generously giving my time to these regular people so I can uncover what interesting part of them they are concealing from the world. It might be a spooky hobby or skill, or maybe it's a naughty side hustle or job. Whatever it is, I will uncover it. Welcome to conceal it with me, Art Simone, I've a feeling. Our guest is here, roll the tape. Hi.
Speaker 2: My name is Jess. I live in Melbourne. I am thirty four years old. I enjoy walking my dogs, drinking Chai and singing karaoke. I worked as an executive assistant for many years, including for Peter Alexander, but now I found another way to help people use in my own set of skills, and that is what I'm concealing today.
Speaker 1: All right, Hello, how are you good? Welcome to the studios, and cozy you're not. It's like a sheerbty orangey cozy jumper. But I really need to talk about your bling. I was distracted the whole time you were speaking at your bling on those fingers. You've got sparklier rings than a drag queen. I know. Oh, show me, show me both hands.
Speaker 3: I'm all about the sparkle.
Speaker 1: They're gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Oh so much?
Speaker 1: Do you know? So rich bitch? I'm writing, rich bitch? Got that? There dogs? How many dogs you got? It was multiple?
Speaker 3: It sounded like, I know, I've got two dogs to.
Speaker 1: A tape of I'm not a dog person, but I'm pretending is that? Can you tell? What? What? What type of dog is it?
Speaker 3: We have got to west Thiland Terry a cross.
Speaker 1: Little white ones. Now, you said you were an E A yes, e A for p A Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's an E executive assistant?
Speaker 1: That's very fancy title.
Speaker 3: I know it is.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: A fancy job?
Speaker 1: What is that? What is it?
Speaker 3: It's basically being everyone's everything.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. So when you say Peter Alexander, do you mean the person? Yeah? The man think you at the shop? I was like, oh so you were like, you know, we're stuck in the candles and stuff, aren't for the real deal? What am going to do is asking three questions, and from the answers to those three questions, I have to try and work out what it is you're concealing from me today. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. First question is when are you at your most.
Speaker 2: Relaxed when I'm getting a massage, but only for the first couple of minutes, and then things start to get a bit hectic.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, a message, are right? So you like the massage, but then you don't hot and cold?
Speaker 3: Hot and cold?
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't like being touched. So I've only ever had one massage in my life. Really yeah, but it was that alabachet by a student, so that's probably why I think that's put me off it for life.
Speaker 3: You didn't try again?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I've just got one of those balls and I roll away hands on the back.
Speaker 3: That works.
Speaker 1: Okay, So most relax and massage okay, all right. Question number two, how do you like your steak cooked?
Speaker 3: Well? I don't actually eat meat, okay.
Speaker 2: But if I did, probably medium misteak.
Speaker 1: All right, but don't eat steak, but if you had to. Okay, this is all over the shop, all right. The last question for you is what type of music are you into?
Speaker 3: Soul music?
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, let me work out with what you've presented me here with. Okay, e for pa sausage, dog chai bling rich bitch, massage, medium, steak, don't eat meat, soul music.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, right, this is all over the shop.
Speaker 1: It's just right in front of me. I can see it. It's really yeah. Massage. Oh oh oh, I think I've worked out the clues. I think I've worked it out. I don't know what it is in specific SPA No, because I get it because your mashage first couple of minutes, but then because they're touching you, the touch you feely can't do that medium. You're in the medium world as in a medium and then also so well old souls, dead people. Okay, know what the title? Are you an old sole medium, massage searcher, medium, therapist person? Do you think the medium psychic objects people things?
Speaker 3: What's it called?
Speaker 2: I am a psychic medium, which means I communicate with people that have passed over to the other side. A medium.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I think I got it. I didn't know that. But you don't think you'd be called a soul search medium, massage therapist.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so, but it's it's new.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to take that as a win. I think I got that pretty done right today. Now I'm a bit worried she ready my thoughts right now, she'd know that when she said medium, I was just thinking of large. All right, Jess, you are a psychic medium, and I'm very excited, but I feel like there's a difference between the two. Can you explain to me the difference between a psychic and a medium.
Speaker 2: Yes, So a psychic is someone who taps into you and your energy and gives your guidance on the future, what's going on in your life right now, and a medium is somebody who connects with the other side. So a psychic medium kind of does a bit of both. So like with the dead, with the dead people, with the dead.
Speaker 1: People, what side of it do you like the most?
Speaker 3: The medium?
Speaker 2: Shit, yeah, I love connecting with all the dead people.
Speaker 1: Stop stop it all right? Okay, when did you first realize you had this? Do you call it a gift? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would call it a gift.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've always have had this really strong like intuition. I've always been aware of, I guess the other side. I just never really knew what to do with that. I just really strong got instinct, like I would just kind of know things before it would happen. And it wasn't until I was in my twenties that I decided, Hey, I'm going to do something about this. Because I was obsessed with psychic mediums. I would go to mind, body, soul festivals and see psychic mediums myself, and one lady said to me, Jess, I don't know why you're here. You should be able to do this, and I was like, oh, well, how kind of thing. It took me a couple of years to sort of figure it out that, Yeah, I explored it.
Speaker 1: So how do you learn to kind of hone that skill or tap into that a bit more rather than just a feeling, you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I did lots of meditation classes, That's what I started doing, and then I took like psychic mediumship classes kind of like school. So I went and did that, and then I was mentored for a few years. I read for free for anyone who would let me, and yeah, I just ended up opening my business and throwing caution to the wind, and.
Speaker 3: Here I am.
Speaker 1: How do you find a place where you can study, you know, being a psychic medium? How do you tap into all these do you have to like imagine them and you go looking for you put an advert to like a mental note out and just hello, looking for someone to help me with this or you know, how do you know these people are legit or you can trust them or I guess is it all just down to you and how your your gutter is feeling you can tell the you know, swindle as m Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the way that I figured out was I actually saw this particular psychic medium myself, so she read for me and it was spot on, and I was like, oh, I really like the way that you work.
Speaker 3: I'm like into that.
Speaker 2: So I ended up looking her up and then I saw that she did courses and she's actually a teacher, like she teaches like school kids and stuff.
Speaker 3: So I was like, you'd be so good you know how to teach how to teach kids? Like sure you know how to teach me?
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: She was just awesome and she'd learned from some of the best like psychic mediums like that.
Speaker 3: There is like all around the world. They do a lot.
Speaker 2: Actually in the UK, there's a lot of really great people over there. But the way that I think that you need to find someone is if you're in the spiritual community and you start looking up psychic mediums and just go and see them yourself, because if they're legit to you, then you're going to trust them and then you're going to want them to teach you what.
Speaker 1: They Where do you learn it? Do you go to a castle or do you have ones?
Speaker 3: Crystal no, no, crystal balls.
Speaker 2: Well, the first time that I went, I actually went to a group session, so I dragged my friend along. I was like, We're going to this to see what happens, and she's like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: So we got in there. Actually we got.
Speaker 2: There and they were doing like this meditation and she's like, this is how we connect to the other side and then you got paired up, like there was just throw you else.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: She was with a total stranger and they're like, now close your eyes.
Speaker 2: And tell us what you've And this is my first time channeling, so I like closed my eyes and I started to sense and feel all this stuff and everything I said to this woman it was her dad that.
Speaker 3: Came through was just spot on.
Speaker 2: And then afterwards I looked at my friend and I'm like, how did you go?
Speaker 3: And she's like, I felt nothing.
Speaker 2: I saw these lots of color and all this stuff, and she's like the fat it was just nothing.
Speaker 1: I felt hungry, I felt tired, and from anyone else, She's like, I got nothing.
Speaker 2: But literally the two days afterwards we were all. We were both on a high. It was the best energy ever. Just to be in the room was so cool. But I actually learned during COVID, so I was all online. So it was zoom classes and no castles, just like, straight.
Speaker 1: To it set your zoom background is the castle if you felt like it.
Speaker 3: Oh I could have if onally I had have known back there.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's okay, that's okay. So how do they test you at a medium school? Do they do? They go like, well, we know that hander over there has got a grandma and her name's Nancy. I'm telling you, they just don't get tested.
Speaker 2: No, well sort of, you get like, well, I used to record my readings, so I would record it and I would send it to my mentor.
Speaker 3: And then she'd rip it apart. She's like, that could have been better. That could have been better.
Speaker 2: But I chose someone who is really blunt because I'm like, I just like people to just tell me how it is like, don't fluff it up and say, oh that was great if it was really no good. So she was really direct with me, and it was just it was good, exactly what I needed.
Speaker 1: I guess you're a vessel of delivery to whoever it may be, or whether you like it or not. How does it? How do these things present themselves to you? Do you hear something, do you see something, do you feel something? Or probably all of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much all of that. So I'm very clairvoyant, so I see first. So I'll get like flashes of images in my head.
Speaker 3: It's a lot tomes, but yeah, I get flashes of images.
Speaker 2: I'll see people that I know, So it's interesting how spirit works. Sometimes they'll show me like people that I know who have passed, and then I go, oh, either this person i'm channelings pass the same way as them, or they're like them. So it's sort of like it's like you're putting together a puzzle and you don't really understand what it all is about, and then that's why you obviously need the person to fill in the blanks.
Speaker 3: It's like we're working.
Speaker 2: Together to like build this puzzle. So it's really fascinating, but yeah, I hear it.
Speaker 3: I feel I feel a lot like a lot.
Speaker 2: Of the emotion comes through from the person on the other side and the person in front of me, and it's really fascinating.
Speaker 1: Does that mean you've not even able to hone it all a little a lot better? Can you choose when you tap into this or is it still coming at you whether you like it or not. Oh?
Speaker 3: I definitely can turn it on and off.
Speaker 2: Now I don't want to be walking around seeing all the people of everyone like it's just not it's not good. So I can definitely like it's almost like opening a door and then closing the door.
Speaker 3: That's what I visualize when I'm communicating.
Speaker 1: With spirit out of office email kind of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where the massage just gets a bit tricky because I'm in that meditative state and spirits like She's.
Speaker 1: We're maybe relaxed. Maybe that's why I don't like massages.
Speaker 2: Maybe the spirits are going to come to you.
Speaker 1: The only spirit I'm in contact with is vodka. But that's but you know, I can hope, I can hope. Well, a lot of people say that things like gut instinct. We all have it, and it is all derived from this way that we can't explain of reacting to things or seeing things or feeling things. But I feel like people like you just have that better honed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly how I would describe it. And this is why I don't buy into I'm a chosen one. Like really, anyone could do this. It's just a matter of whether you're open to it and how far you're willing to sort of pursue it.
Speaker 1: What type of person comes to you, Like, what do they want?
Speaker 2: I want lots of people, but I think that they're mostly coming to either get closure or heal from something, or get guidance about their life right now. A lot of people are stuck and that's why they come. It's sort of like seeing a therapist. It's like I'm at this certain point in my life where i need guidance, I need help. I need just some something to believe in or some hope that there's something better that's coming for me. So my readings are all about like giving people positivity and hope, and it's I don't buy into all that fear based stuff, like I don't like any of that.
Speaker 3: I'm more just let's look at the future and look at the good stuff.
Speaker 1: I think that scares a lot of people as well. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, They're like, you're going to tell me something bad and I'm like, no.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. It's okay. So a lot of people are.
Speaker 2: They're like other mediums can be very fear based, where it's like I'm a chosen one and I know things and I can read your mind and all that.
Speaker 3: Not in any of.
Speaker 1: That, that's not for me. So you said, you always, you know, like delivering your positive things. But it's anything like strange or scary happened to you, like this, is there anything like I don't know you nobody. You're like, I don't like that. Not for me.
Speaker 2: Oh well, my sister haunted us when she passed away, so that was next level.
Speaker 1: Do you think it was a prank.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a.
Speaker 1: Bit of both.
Speaker 3: It was a bit of her being a bit mental.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a lot like she would open our door at night, like swing open, and we had like three dead locks on it. And so this is like five o'clock in the morning. So I ran out and I saw the door fly open. I was like whatever, so I shut it. Then I went you just didn't want used to.
Speaker 1: Like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, to miss the door, but you think that freaked me out was the next thing. So then I went back to the bedroom and then the sense of light went off outside out the front and I'm like, okay, that's weird because that's there's someone out there. So I looked through like the blind and then all of a sudden, my car started unlocking and locking itself, like multiple times, and I was like, okay, now I'm scared.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I don't like that either. So and she did weird things.
Speaker 2: She like got you know the exercise balls you're talking about before, the balls that you roll on like to massage yourself. I have one of those in my wardrobe, but my wardrobe closes like you've got the door that closes over it, so she would have had to open my wardrobe get the ball. And she dropped it on my wife's face while we were sleeping. It was in the bed with us, the physical ball and my wife's like, I saw her face. I opened my eyes because I felt something and I saw her with the ball over my face and dropped it.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Seeing it's next level.
Speaker 1: So then how do you tell your sister fuck off.
Speaker 3: I basically did an exorcism of.
Speaker 2: Literally, yes, I had to sage plisanto. So I now use a lot of limes. So limes are really great for like clearing negative fear based energies and dark spirits and stuff. So if you cut a lime in half and put it in your bedroom, you'll have sound dreams.
Speaker 3: It's it's working.
Speaker 1: Does that have to be a real lime? It can be lime scented things like a candle, it can.
Speaker 3: Be lime scented.
Speaker 1: I love candy, Yes, I love that. What are some of the more positive things that being in this field is gifted you the opportunity to do? Or you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I did not realize that as a psychic medium that you can connect with people who are still living but are living with dementia or a nonverbal which is the first time it happened to me, I was like, hang on, this can't be a thing. And when I was exploring it more and more and it started happening to me more often, I'm like, it's real. Like these people who we look out and we're like, oh my god, they're tortured, like they're stuck in this body and they must be really suffering. They're actually not because their minds are wandering to the other side and back, so they're seeing loved ones. They're coming through to me to give messages that they know what's going on. Like I had this grandmother come through for her granddaughter, who was obviously my client, and she said some funny stuff.
Speaker 3: She's like, all I want is a.
Speaker 2: Damn biscuit and I want my pillow back.
Speaker 3: And my wife was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: When we went when we put her into the home, she couldn't have her pillow because it's triangular and it was a hazard.
Speaker 3: So we had to take her pillow away from her. And now I've got it.
Speaker 2: So every time I go in and talk to her, I make fun of her because I've got her pillow and I'm like.
Speaker 1: You're just torturing it to me to get a damn pillow back. Oh wow, I know.
Speaker 3: But how cool is that.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think of that, But that does make sense. It's if that ability is taken away, it does make sense that you can tap into, you know, expressing and communicating with people in another way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know. So that's incredible. One of the best things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I was to walk in here as a skeptic, is there a particular story or case or case case study? But is there a particular story or occasion you would tell me to convert me into a believer?
Speaker 2: Look, you know what, I think that it has to be something that's like personal to you. So I could tell you a million stories, but until you actually experience it yourself, that's when that light bulb will go off for you. So I think you just have to sort of be open and explore it in that moment.
Speaker 1: And I guess it's not your role to convert people into, you know, believing what you do or believing in this whole world, because you're either in and you're out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think people get there in their own time too, So you might have like I have people that I channel and they didn't believe it here, but now they're on the other side, they're like, oh, hey, I'm going to be into this now and I'm going to do it. So some people never believe while they're here, and then we know on the other side they believe.
Speaker 3: So it's all in divine timing, all right.
Speaker 1: So someone goes to you and they're really hoping to get in contact with someone or to get some news or anything like that. What do you do in a situation where nothing's happening, you can't deliver them any news. How do you deal with that situation.
Speaker 3: It's very rare that I can't read for somebody.
Speaker 2: Obviously, it's not dial a spirit, so we can't always get exactly who we want.
Speaker 3: But most of the time it's okay.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just go with the flow and see what comes through naturally first and who steps forward. But I do give my clients the opportunity to be able to let me know if there's someone in particular they were hoping to connect with, just so we can make sure that we hit all of the nails on the head.
Speaker 1: If you need to tap into something, is there you know, is there something that really helps you, whether it's an image or an object or is it some things that like are particularly like a fast track to oh great, I'm there.
Speaker 2: I don't really use anything like that. Yeah, So I kind of just let my senses do their things. You've got the brain, I've got the brain.
Speaker 1: Different. So you said the best way to make someone from a skeptic into a believer is to have something personal to them, or be able to tap into something that they go. Yes, I could meditate, I could hum something. Oh my god, is there anything I don't know?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: What you need to do is you need to close your.
Speaker 1: Eyes, both of them.
Speaker 2: No, you can just close one.
Speaker 1: I got this.
Speaker 2: Now you can hop around the room yep, and breathe very deeply. Now are you feeling anything?
Speaker 1: I think that was a spirit. Then I think I think I did think this would stitch up. Oh Jess, it was a stitch up. And now I just want to drop dead from embarrassment. But maybe then she'll be able to speak to me. Oh, you've been listening to an iHeart Australia production Concealed with Art Simone to check out someone who can speak to the supernatural and someone who is super gorgeous. Check us out on the socials.