Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no Common show podcast.
Speaker 2: What a rational thing that makes no sense now scared you as a kid. When I was growing up, my mum used to play a lot of music and we dance together around the front room. And she loved Springsteen, she loved Bob Seeg and she also loves Simon a Delph Funkle, and I still like someone a Goldfunkle. However, she had this album and there was I think it was Bridge over Troubled Water, and on the front of that album cover they were light together and Art garf uncle's hair. For me as a fight fright, there was this kid. God, it's like a clown humanoid, and I would have to turn the album cover and.
Speaker 1: Face the wall because I was that. Even if I see it now, I mean, I'm rubbing my stomach now.
Speaker 2: You neither when you're nervous. Even now, if I saw that, I would cower on a corner. And it's got some sort of power over that. Man I was sending yourself. I was off of the chance to interview Art garfunk call.
Speaker 1: And I turned it down. I can't say I'd be sick uns.
Speaker 2: So as a five year old, it made no sense I love music, but aren't gone Fune called, in particular his hair.
Speaker 1: See, okay, this is fine, I see a picture of hair, Jackie boy, what a rational thing scared you as a kid.
Speaker 3: I asked my mom last night because I couldn't think of anything, and then she goes, well, don't you remember you were scared up until age ten of real life movies, which was just any movie, no mater how safe it was, or even if it's a kids movie that contained actors. I would only watch animated films, so much so that we went to see Ninja Turtles once and us to go home halfway through.
Speaker 1: This is a little bit too close to home Turtles animated. Yes, there was.
Speaker 2: Some real life it was in a half shelf and again up until the age of ten.
Speaker 3: Ten, yes, I thought this was sorry.
Speaker 1: I was the understanding ten.
Speaker 2: And of course you're ten, you know, get ready of a big school and those Ninja girls sleepless night?
Speaker 1: What were you scared of?
Speaker 4: I love dogs, but I love the tops of dogs. I hate and terrified of the underbelly pink bit ye yeah, what is that? And people love to scratch, they like to get.
Speaker 2: He is like a pig belly yes, yes, yes, yes, and it's got the little teeth.
Speaker 1: They've got there. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: The best thing is you scratch that bit of their belly and their leg kicks a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yes, what is that? It's like a little factory. Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're asking you now, then, what thing irrational thing scared you as a kid? Nine four one four one o four five Christian. For me, the irrational thing that terrified me was raw chicken. I hated it. Yeah, because the rest of the us are all licking in, he.
Speaker 1: Says, obstacle. I don't like raw chicken.
Speaker 2: Now gives him the technical term of as heb gbs. I stand touching it. I like burn my fingers afterwards.
Speaker 3: I think that is native to every person, just because it will kill us if.
Speaker 1: We eat it.
Speaker 2: I think that's a very rational logical fit to have of raw chicken, because it's very dangerous to treat it right, All right, your rational fairs as a kid, Christian.
Speaker 1: For me, this is Joe Jim Carey and the Cable Guy.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe I shouldn't have coming off.
Speaker 2: He winted me out so much of an eat finish watching the movie Steve Christian, My wife has a phobia of broccoli since childhood, once dreamed about a man.
Speaker 1: Made of roccey.
Speaker 3: That is scary.
Speaker 2: She can't go to the vegetable station of the supermarket and a companied.
Speaker 1: Hey, I thought this was a safe space.
Speaker 2: Heroes with a harsh shell over there, sue christ My Sunday so crime free count When the Iron g Ads featuring Billy Connolly came on the TV one.
Speaker 1: Day, you're going to look in the middle, Who's that? That's not me? I'm not ready yet for the beach and the slippers. You can get freaked out by the great Billy Connolly.
Speaker 2: For Karen, yellow sponges with green scratchy bits on top.
Speaker 1: They make my teeth edge.
Speaker 2: And then Rich rich Ames has an irrational fear of Danny Minogue.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I never met her.
Speaker 2: I bet she's lovely, but I'm slightly on edge when she appears on TV or radio.
Speaker 1: Please warn me if you ever going to play it.
Speaker 5: There will never be a day we need to play Danny Minogue. Rachel Now, Hello, Rachel, Hi guys, how are you well?
Speaker 2: Good Rachel, thanks for calling the show. So let's go back to your childhood, Rachel, what's irrational? Things scared you.
Speaker 1: As a kid?
Speaker 6: The escalators at the supermarket. I'm petrified of getting sucked up into the grill at the end. My mum used to threaten me as a kid, make sure you stay on it between the lines and make sure you jump, because they'll suck you with and kids get killed that way.
Speaker 1: So this is where it came from.
Speaker 5: No wonder you're friend of them.
Speaker 6: Still to this day, I still make sure I jump when I exit the escalator and make sure I don't get that.
Speaker 2: I'm still very respectful and cautious when I enter an escalator.
Speaker 3: No I am my mom My mum's thing was. It starts with the shoelace as if it was going to grab your shoelace and you'll pull the rest of you in.
Speaker 2: It'll be flung around for decades screaming, like some extra scene from the Childie and a Chocolate Factory.
Speaker 1: I get that one, Rachel, I get it. Rachel, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You cool.
Speaker 1: Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 4: You two.
Speaker 6: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Bye, Marie Gaday, here you go. I'm good, Marie. And what scared you as a kid As.
Speaker 7: A kid, I was scared of something lessened. There was a light in the pool that I was convinced was going to cut me to pieces.
Speaker 1: Well with some kind of laser or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, cut you to pieces.
Speaker 2: This is what is with these powerful imaginations, didn't we It's going to cut you into pieces.
Speaker 7: I think it's stemmed from watching an episode of Doctor Who or something is a cute.
Speaker 3: So did you never go? Can you not swim?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: Oh no, I'm like I've done with bronze medallion and everything.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: At the time, my parents had to move pools because I wouldn't get back in the book.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you all, Marie with the bronze medallion, and the was going, Actually I got bronze.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 7: Do you need one life saving qualification?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 2: Is that the woman that used to chuck the old rubber brick in the pool and you still have to wear your pajamas and go and rescue the brick?
Speaker 6: Yeah I did that.
Speaker 1: I've got my bronze then as well. Yeah, just in case there's a brick drowning there, I'm coming in brick way, don't mind.
Speaker 2: Trusty pajamas on her best superhero the one Marvel need pajama Man. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast