Speaker 1: Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of.
Speaker 2: Life on Cut. I'm Laura and I'm Brittany. And it's been a long week. That's it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And you know what, every week at this time of year is a long week. I feel like when we're at the end of the year, it's close to Christmas, every single person and every single business in existence is just being inundated with people trying to get things done before everyone goes on break. So I feel like everyone can relate right now. It is just a mannic time of year.
Speaker 1: All that everyone does has done for like the last four days, is spend all their money in Black Friday sales.
Speaker 2: Why are we surprised every year that we get to this point and we're like, oh my god, we're so busy, Like we're so stressed. We know what happens, we know what's coming, and every year we're like, why are we so stressed? I don't mean us, I mean every human in existence, Like this happens every year.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about it and I was like, yeah, actually, it's very true. It's exactly. It's exactly the funking thought I've been having this last week. Okay, no, Black Friday was busy, but I also do you know what happens for me, It's like a busy time for work, but I always forget to buy stuff from other brands. So then it comes and it goes, and then I go and buy all my Christmas presents for full price because I'm that person that still buys their Christmas presents the day before Christmas.
Speaker 2: Soul am, I I actually didn't, and I meant to. I had intentions. I didn't buy anything on Black Friday week There's been things I haven't bought for the last couple of weeks because I'm like waiting for Black Friday, waiting for Black Friday.
Speaker 1: There's two times of people in this world. There's people who buy their Christmas presents early and there's people who don't.
Speaker 2: And I'm so disorganised.
Speaker 1: So if you're someone who doesn't, you were here in very good company. But I want to tell you Britt had a moment on the weekend. So Matt and night we went out for dinner.
Speaker 2: We went out a good moment, bad moment, a weird moment. You have a lot of moments.
Speaker 1: Had a moment a date night. I think I saw this was a double date. Note, we went out with our friends who also have a kid. You've also got babysitters, Like.
Speaker 2: Who the hell is that? Well, who is this other friend that Laura has that's not me?
Speaker 1: Isn't it funny when you have like your one girlfriend and anytime they have other friends, you're like, how dare you? How dare you be friends with other people?
Speaker 2: It's like I told Laura, I'm just interrupting your hijacking your story for a second here. I told Laura the other day, She's like, what'd you do? And I said, oh, I caught up with this friend and I said a name, and you were like what, You're like, who is that? You don't what? I've never heard of it. I was like, oh, it's a friend that's like from a circle you don't know about. And you were just so gobsmacked that I knew anyone else. Well, I was like, stop making friends with other people. Your time is limited. I don't understand why you would spend it with people that aren't me. Okay, we've all got that friend, but no, Okay. So we went out for dinner and we were supposed to have this really cute date night and your girl had a couple of margreaders.
Speaker 1: I was like, trying to hold Matt's hand through dinner. We've been together for a long time now, we're not like very public displays of affection couple that we haven't been out for so long. So I was like, I had my hand on his leg, that I he was trying to hold his hand, and I was getting progressively drunker through the night. So I was like, because I'm more like wanting to hold his hand, and he was completely fucking oblivious to the fact that I had been trying to hold his hand for the entire night and we got home and that I picked a fight with him about why he wouldn't hold my hand.
Speaker 2: So of course she were for Margaret his steep, But what do you mean you would like, okay, talk me through this. Howd he try to hold someone's hands? I feel like that's what you do on a first date the movies, where you slowly move your hand over it and they don't know when they reach for the popcorn. Then you're like, that was awkward. When you've been together for years and you got kids, don't you just grab the hand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I was holding his hand, but then he just wasn't into it, like he would hold it for like three seconds and then pat me and then go and use his hands to talk and stuff.
Speaker 2: So he doesn't like PDAs well.
Speaker 1: No, he does normally. So he just did the hand drop and it made me, do you all know the Taylor Swift We've all seen the movie, We've all the ten minute movie, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Did you take your scarf? He did the hand draw.
Speaker 1: He just kept doing the hand drop and don't worry. I made him know about it. We got home and I was like, I was trying to give you affection all night and you gave me nothing.
Speaker 2: And what did he say?
Speaker 1: And he was like, oh, yeah, you were trying to hold me. He's like sorry, sorry, Baby's like I honestly just didn't think. He's like, you never try and hold my hand to dinner and I was like, yeah, but I did multiple times. He was like I know, I'm sorry. He's like, I'll be more aware of it next time, and I was like that's not good enough. And then I made him say sorry probably about fifteen times. And then we went to bed and I was still harping on about it, and he was like.
Speaker 2: Can you fucking Okay, this will be a problem with me for the rest of my life. I am such a physical person, Like, physical touch is my thing, whether it's my friends, whether it's my partner, whomever, my family. If you're within reach or even if you're not, like I'll do a stretch to touch you, but I will be touching you at all times. Yeah, it's a real problem with me. Like, wherever I am, whatever time of day, touch me, I'll be touching you.
Speaker 1: Okay, does anybody else do this? If you're having a petty argument with your partner, this is terrible advice.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. Do not do this.
Speaker 1: But if you're having a petty argument about something that's insignificant, or maybe it's not insignificant, but do you like do little tests. So in my mind, as I had had a few more, this is not going to be good. I was like I'd realized that I was trying to hold his hand and he wasn't holding mine, and so I would then purposefully do it, and then every time he didn't hold my hand back, I was like, ooh, mental note, gonna get angry about you that later. Like it was like a test.
Speaker 2: You're putting tallies in your hand, you have one, Yeah, said that later in the night you can do You did this twenty seven point five times.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's what I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I don't encourage this, don't test your part. Maybe if before Margarita's deep, but otherwise I.
Speaker 1: Remve all terrible things. Anyway, we're great. We had makeup sex last night. It's been like the first time in a month.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's deep down subconsciously, maybe that's why you're picking the fight, because you wanted a.
Speaker 1: A excuse and be makeup sex. Well, I just I think I was missing the intimacy. And we've been really stressed and busy with work recently and like the kids, and it's just sometimes, as you guys know, you have ebbs and flows in when you're so busy, you can get to a point where, like, as much as you love each other, you're just not holding hands and you'll be I'm a bit transactional with taking care of kids.
Speaker 2: You sometimes have to stop and.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh, that's right, Like I really really freaking love this person and I want them to know that I love them, But you have to kind of make sure that they're reciprocating it, because otherwise it doesn't feel good.
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard to because at the moment you have like a little jailbird of a child. Like doesn't help it. You've got a little kid that breaks out of a cod every night and climbs into your bed. But one hundred percent like, no, I'm not going to encourage anyone else to pick a fight to have sex. But for you, Laura, I'm proud of you. Before we get into anymore, because there are still two other relationships that I want to talk about, but I want to tell you what the episode is today. It is such a beautiful episode. It's an episode that we have wanted to do for a long time, and you guys have actually requested this man, the man of the hour for many many months. We have Michael from Love on the Spectrum now Love on the Spectrum. If you are behind the times, you have to do yourself a favor and watch it. It is. It's like the modern day Bachelor, but for people on the spectrum, people with so much more wholesome, so much more wholesome people Asperger's and autism. It's a reality show, but it's pretty unproduced. It's very much let's just see how they go in these environments. Now there's two seasons now. Michael theo who are speaking to you today? He was the breakout star of season number one. He came back for season number two. I don't want to tell you too much because you should watch it and you should listen to the episode. But he was just such a lovable and vulnerable character. He's recently just become absolutely huge. He's been on Ellen DeGeneres, Kim Kardashian A shouted him out. He's very much the man of the hour. Because Love on the Spectrum in Australia was screening in the US and the UK. We're so stoked to talk to Michael, and it's just to really get to know Michael outside of the reality TV show. It's who he is when the cameras aren't on him, and he, let me tell you, is an absolute dream boat.
Speaker 1: We also did another episode earlier in the year in June. It was episode one hundred and thirty two. If you want to go back and listen to it. It was all about Love on the Spectrum. We interviewed Jodie Rodgers, who is the therapist and psychologist that works on Love on the Spectrum. We all so interviewed Cassandra, who was another participant. So if you want to know more about the ins and outs of how the reality TV show works, that is all talked about in that episode. This is just a it's a really heartwarming and wholesome chat with Michael about who he is as a person, about why he signed up to do reality TV, and what it's like dating when you are somebody who has Asperger's.
Speaker 2: But we'll get into that interview.
Speaker 1: In a little while. Firstly, before we do, I really want to talk about Laura Henshaw and her new husband, Dult Henshaw formerly known as Dalton Graham. Now, if anybody who doesn't know who Laura Henshaw is, she is a relatively prolific Instagram social media influencer. She is also the co founder of keep It Cleanup, which she does with Steph Claire Smith. It's an exercise app program. She's incredibly successful and a powerhouse of a woman. And last Friday she got married in Victoria's Yarrow Valley. Now, the big thing that's come out from this wedding, and something that a lot of the media outlets have picked up and are talking about, is that they have completely gone against tradition and instead of Laura's subscribing to traditional views and taking on Dalton's last name, which was Graham. Dalton has actually taken on her last name, which is Henshaw.
Speaker 2: After the wedding on Friday, Dalton did post a photo and it was a really beautiful photo. And can I just say also, this is the fourth time they've tried to get married. The poor things canceled their weddings four times throughout COVID. But he did put this really beautiful photo of them up cuddling looking into each other's eyes, and he said, you can still call me Dalton, dlt Dolphin whatever you like. I am still the same me and always will be. Just going to sign off on one chapter and start another with my beautiful, driven and inspirational wife by my side as mister Henshaw. I just think that is the most beautiful post and it just had such a warm reception. Everybody was really positive and really supportive, and I love to see it because that is not always the case.
Speaker 1: No, I think that this is such an like it's beautiful to see how many people have jumped on this. I think like there is this expectation. Well I don't think, I know there is a huge expectation that women will take their husband's last name, but there are so many reasons why a guy might decide, especially in twenty twenty one. Actually, do you know what, I'm not that attached to my own last name, and the last name of my partner is so significant to them, so therefore, like, let's go against tradition and let's take her last name. I mean, for some people, it could be that they don't have a strong connection to their own family, or I know somebody else who's taken their last name of their wife, and it's because she was the last of their generation. There was no other brothers to take on and to continue the family name, and so he took on her last name so that their children would have a chance of continuing their heritage. But it's just so interesting to see one. The commentary around it has been so incredibly supportive. But even though there have been a few celebrities and people who are in high powered positions doing this recently, it is still incredibly rare for a man to take on a woman's last name. From the studies that have been done, only one to two percent of men will actually take on their wife's last name. And I think you know, we see more and more the hyphenated names, but it's very rare that we see a husband fully taking on the last name of a wife now. Brian Powell, who's a professor of family and gender at Indiana University in Bloomington, he said that there is still so much social stigma around a husband taking on his wife's last name. He said that there is so much worry that a man will be seen as less of a man. It increases the likelihood that others will think of the man as less dominant, as weaker in the household. Pale also went on to say that with any non traditional name choice, the man's status goes.
Speaker 2: Down in public perception.
Speaker 1: Isn't it fucking crazy that we still live in a world that, as much as we think that we are relatively progressed, seventy percent of people think that a woman should take the man's last name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it actually comes from this patriarchal history that the man owns the woman. That's where it comes from. It's not about like seeming like you're a family bond. Back in the heyday, it was that okay, you are now mine, you're my possession, and I own you, and the fact of the matter is, whilst it's not about ownership, it's just one of those traditions that seems to be grounded and rooted in history. But would Matt ever take your name?
Speaker 1: No, We've talked about it. He said no, So you asked him. Yeah, I asked him.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna take his name?
Speaker 1: So I think no, yeah, I'm gonna take his name. I guess I'm not hugely attached to my last name, and that's in no disrespect to my dad or no disrespect to my family. But I come from a broken family, like my parents are divorced, and so our last name never held that strong family unit for me. My mom has had two actually my mum has had three different last names, So I guess for me, it hasn't really held that strong a bond or that integrity to it. So I'm not attached to it. But in the same way like Matt, also, he's not hugely attached to his last name. But I know he doesn't want to take on burn like we've had that conversation.
Speaker 2: But he hasn't said why.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess as well, like for us, it's not that you know, my business is not attached to my name. It's not part of my identity so far in a way that like if I had written an awesome paper and I wanted people to be able to research me and go yes, like that's that's Laura Byrne, or I was a celebrit Like, I get it. I get why people become really attached to their names. PM Muhlenberg, who is also quite a famous Instagram influencer. Her husband recently took her last name. His last name was Caine Vado and he took on mulen Burke as his last name. It is definitely happening more and more, and I do think that we're talking about it in a way that's progressive, and there is a huge portion of people who are like, yes, like we love a man who supports his woman. But in the same instance, I do think that there is still a lot of misogyny that is deeply entrenched in this. And you know, as much as Dalton has received accolades publicly on his social media, if you do a deep dive into the Internet, it's a pretty dark area in regards to this, and there are a lot of people who speak very negatively about men who take the woman's last name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm all for it. I think it doesn't matter. The reason doesn't matter either. If you have a conversation as a couple and you decide that you want to unite under one name, it doesn't matter whose name, it doesn't matter what it's for. I think that's great and yeah, unfortunately there are still people that can't get on board with it. But the more people that do it and openly speak about us, the quicker it's going to change, and the more it's going to become accepted totally.
Speaker 1: I just want to leave with one last thing. So, according to a twenty seventeen study that came out in Portland, which is obviously a United States based study, but it said that seventy percent of people said that women should take their husband's last name in marriage. The most common reason people felt was that this is because they believe that women should prioritize their marriage and family ahead of themselves, and taking their husband's last name symbolize that, according to the study. So it just shows that even though we have come such a long way in the meaning behind what marriage is the fact that, like you said, brit it originally was rooted in this idea that as females, you were attached to your father, He had ownership of you. That's also why he walks you down the aisle at a wedding and gives you a way to the husband, because he's transitioning that ownership from him to your now husband. And this idea that you now as the wife, as the bride, are going to take the husband's name, is that you are in some ways subordinate and then you become absolved into his family. So it has these very archaic concepts around it, but we are still attached to the ideas socially that a woman has to take the man's last name. Don't even get me started on same sex marriages, because how do you choose in those instances?
Speaker 2: I think you just chat about it if no one's attached to it, or there's someone's brands attached to a name, or maybe someone's worked really hard to have a doctorate or something like that. Like, whatever the reasons are between you two, you just decide within each other. There's no right or wrong, I don't think anymore. And also, there are a lot of couples that might not want to take each other's name at all, and they individually keep their names a lot of actors are like that, like Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively jumped to mind, like they've created a life for themselves, They've worked really hard, and they wanted to keep their separate names. I don't think it matters. What I want to say is, I don't think it matters. I think as long as two people in a relationship come to the same agreement, and it's obviously gonna get tricky if as kids involved, do you want the kids to have the same name as the parents? Do want the kids have the same name as a mom? Like, there's all these conversations that are just going to be individual to each relationship the way. Congratulations Laura and Dalton for we.
Speaker 1: Are so I love it on Instagram. We will like what a guy like? What a guy to go and do that. It's weird that we congratulate a man for doing it when a woman does it every single day of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. It's the old dad taking the kids to the park again, and we're like, well done.
Speaker 1: It's a different sets standards, isn't it. It's like we hold them up to a different set of standards.
Speaker 2: All right, Moving along, I want to talk about one more relationship before we get into the episode. We're really we're going a deep dive in relationships right now. I just seem to be a lot of it, a lot around at the moment.
Speaker 1: There was not a lot of other things in the new you know, there was a lot of relationships in the news.
Speaker 2: Something that everyone is talking about right now. It is literally everywhere. It is the current relationship. It is the hot topic, and that is well, I still don't know how I feel about the relationship. Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson. Now, Pete Davidson is the Saturday Night Live. He's one of the hosts. If you don't know him, he's like, he's a comedian. He's known as the funny man. He's not stereotypically tall, dark, handsome, good looking. He's definitely got his quirks, but he has every hot woman in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: He was formally engaged to Ariana Grande. What do you mean you don't know if you're here for this relationship yet? I need a little bit more from you, Britt. I was like, there's a lot of judgment.
Speaker 2: There's no judgment, but you know how sometimes you just look and I mean, like we all get so invested in Hollywood relationships or famous relationships. You know how sometimes you see two people get together and you're like, yes, I didn't know I needed this, this is the best I just I haven't felt that real pull towards them as a couple.
Speaker 1: Yahna, you're wrong. I love it. I think he is so sexy. I'm so here for it.
Speaker 2: But also, you and I don't often agree on attraction, even though yeah, even though no, even though we did date the same guy once, even though once one time, No, we do you and I we do. We agree on attraction a lot, but often who you were like, Okay, it happened recently this week we saw somebody and Laura was saying, holy shit, that guy is so handsome. He is so good looking, And I was like, what guy. I didn't even clock it because he was he didn't register to me. We are so different that I was like, if we were both single at a bar, we would be fine. We would not be competing over the same guy.
Speaker 1: Wait, do you think Matt's Like, would you go for Matt if you met him a different if we were on the same season as The Bachelor, if we went together and competing, would you go for Matt or not.
Speaker 2: Probably because I'm competitive. You can stay out of my house and now I'm no Matt, And like, I can never answer that question because I've only ever known Matt as yours and so immediately I would never look at someone like a very safe answer. Yeah it's safe, like you were across the other side. No, but it's true. The reason I wanted to talk about Kim and Pete, it's not just because I think it's like a shock relationship. I actually look, I actually think it's really cute, and I think he's really funny, and a lot of people have come out and said that he's actually just the best human and that has to be evident because he gets the hottest chicks. But what I wanted to talk about is the fact that Kim and Kanye split. It was over. Everyone knows that it was never coming back. It was buried. As soon as Kim has launched this relationship, all of a sudden, she's everywhere. There's photographs of her. It's not just whispers anymore. It's out there. The second it was hard launched, Kanye has come out publicly and he is groveling, he is begging, he's publicly posting, he's screenshotting, he's tagging her, He's doing everything humanly possible. He's even talking at his church in his speeches about getting Kim back. What on earth? This is the most awkward situation.
Speaker 1: I have an article here Kanye were shares old photo with Kim Kardashian in new attempt to win her back. So only a day ago, Kanye has posted a photo, a black and white photo of Kim and him kissing, as like part of an attempt to be like, I know that she might be in another relationship right now, but we are going to rekindle this. We are going to reconcile, and we're going to get back together. And it just made me think, I'm sure that there are so many other people who are listening to this podcast who have been in relationships that have expired. You know what, for whatever reason, you have moved on from your ex. The minute that you're happy in a new relationship, then he comes out of the woodworks and he's like, hey, what are you doing? Like, how are you? I miss you?
Speaker 2: I fucked up.
Speaker 1: I've never loved anyone as much as I love you. Why do they do this?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what he's done. He's come out and he said I fucked up. He's like, I've made mistakes. I made tony mistakes. I didn't act the way her husband should act. I publicly embarrassed her. And he even said, like by running for president. He even included that, which mate, like, at least you can recognize that. But this black and white photo that he has put up of them kissing, which is a beautiful photo. They're in matching sweats. He's posted that. He's then taking the TMZ headline that said Kanye West says God will bring Kim and him back together and inspire millions. He's put that headline over the top of the photo of them kissing. Then he has tagged TMZ for the news article, and he's tagged Kim Kardashian. Now at the same time, Kim's posting photos with her partner. What do you think is going through Kim's mind?
Speaker 1: I mean, also, we know, and it's been very widely reported that Kanye suffers with some mental health problems that he also has bipolar, So there is probably a whole other level queue at play. So I definitely think we can't disregard commenting on that. But I'm in agreeance with you. I think that this would happen to so many people on a small scale, but to be a celebrity and to have this play out so publicly is a whole other level. And also I do think that there is a bit of a level of disrespect here. It's like, you know, if somebody is in a new relationship, if they're saying that they're happy, going out and publicly undermining that relationship by saying what you have is so much more important. And yes, they have the history, they have years, they have children, but going out to publicly undermine that over and over and over and using your social media to weaponize it is rather problematic. And there's also been and that this is all speculation, but there's also been a lot of speculation that he cheated on her in the relationship, and there was infidelity. He's sung about that before, there's been a lot of reports about it. So you didn't act the way you should have in that time in your relationship. You haven't tried to get her back until she's launched a relationship with someone else. I just wonder, I mean, for all of us plubs, all of us everyday people, not the celebrities, because this does happen as soon as you've moved on and you're happy, your X wants you back. I just wonder, do they really want them back or is it just the fact that, like they don't want them because they didn't want to be the first place, but you don't want anyone else to have them. Is there like this sense of ownership where you're like, I don't want to be happy with you, but I don't want to be happy with anyone else. Or is it the whole idea of like you don't know what you have until it's gone. I think there's many layers of it. I think there is a huge ego attached to it. I definitely think that plays a part in these situations. And I know so many people would have experienced their own version of this. You know, Britt and I were talking about how back in the day, I would post Instagram quotes.
Speaker 2: That were very much directed at my ex.
Speaker 1: I thought if nobody knew except for him, like the really subtle but unsubtle digs when you're trying to like get your ex's attention, or even just like the first trap photo, like we've all done it. We've all tried to not necessarily get an X back, but get an ex's attention via social media.
Speaker 2: We've all made that mistake. It's just different when we have three hundred million followers, and it's.
Speaker 1: Different when you post an actual photo of them and tag them. It's a whole other level. And I do think that there is ego and there is a bit of ownership that's kind of wrapped up in that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, interesting to see how that old chestnut plays out. But I reckon it's time for some accidentally unfiltered.
Speaker 1: All right, I have a goodie for you today. Are you doing an accidently unfiltered or are you bringing me a confessional accidentally unfiltered on my end? Okay, well, are any good one for anyone who's new and doesn't know what accidentally unfiltered is. Basically, you guys write in your most embarrassing stories for the week or the month of the year, and we pick up up a decade the existence since you were born. Literally, we pick out our favorites and we read them out to you, and I have a fucking goody too. It is rather innocent. It has nothing to do with Pooh, Thank Christ. And here it is. I work at a community pharmacy as a pharmacy assistant. So the whole day I'm constantly taking in scripts and handing them out and being at the register. Today due to the rain and the horrible Wi Fi connection ow FPOs machine just wasn't connecting to our computer, but I had come in late for the day and no one had told me anyway. The first person I ended up serving was a man who was buying viagra, and of course I go to put the transaction through the F plus machine, but it wouldn't connect. So here I am. I scan the biagra, and I look at my colleague and say to her very loudly, I can't get it up, to which she looked at the computer and then the viagra, and then the computer and then at me. Thank god we were wearing masks because I could tell that she was holding back the biggest laugh. I honestly can't remember the rest because I was so mortified with myself. So yeah, in short, I actually fucking use the phrase I can't get it up in front of a customer buying viagra, and I've been constantly overthinking the situation since.
Speaker 2: He probably liked thanks. I've realized that I can't get it up. You don't need to tell the rest of the world and announce it over the microphone.
Speaker 1: I just wishally he'd been like, yeah, babe, me too.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's that old he didn't hear, he might not have heard of.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily think that he was old. I know that there's like a common misconception that just because someone's buying viagra at the chemist, they.
Speaker 2: Must be old. Maybe I just want to go for a few days, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's a lot of younger guys that have a rectile problems as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, either way, yes, love, that was awkward for you, very awkward, very good right, give me all o. Heay, mine's pretty innocent. But I think it's super cute. It really tickled me years ago when I was dating my first boyfriend, who I lost my virginity to, he told me it would be sexy if I got a landing strip style wax. As this was my first sexual relationship and I was a bit of a late bloomer, I was naturally too shy to go to a beautician. I instead decided to take on the challenge myself, so I went off to Priceline and I got one of those nas packs instead. Let me tell you, I was very proud of my efforts and couldn't wait for the big reveal to my boyfriend, who needs a beautician. I will never forget his face when he took off my underwear to reveal my freshly waxed landing strip. I had completely misinterpreted the definition of a landing strip, and I reversed it. I had waxed this little I had waxed this little strip down the middle and left the sides untouched. And I'm talking full bush. I nearly died when he told me. We couldn't stop laughing. Needless to say, I didn't wax myself a yet. But like Jimmy Fair, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Can you just all stop and just have that visual image and hold it for three seconds like a hairy vagina that is just bawled down the slit?
Speaker 2: I'm all down the middle, Honestly, it makes sense. Like you have cleared the strip, you have, it's ready for landing. If you don't know when you think about it, that's what would make sense.
Speaker 1: Have you ever? Okay, I can't wax. I tried waxing ones and it was just horrible. I got the worst ingrown hairs from waxing that my boyfriend at the time was like, maybe you should wax, it's so soft, like this is anyway, I did it and it was a disaster.
Speaker 2: I Brazilian wax myself easy. I could do it in three minutes.
Speaker 1: That is horrifying to me, the fact that you can give yourself a Brazilian so you could wax your own butt crack and you're not like, I don't wax. It' not in agony in paint, so just their no, but.
Speaker 2: All the vaginal hair like I could do it. I have been waxing. I have never gone to a beautasan for wax. I have been able to wax since I was twenty, So I feel like the best part of ten you anyway, I just think that was so innocent, and I think she really was the winner here. She got the brief, she did what she was told, she created a landing strip.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is enough of that. Let's get into this chat with Michael. We hope you guys enjoy it. If you have an accillent, unfiltered story, and this is your call out because we receive so many. If you're somebody who has had an accidentally unfiltered story. If you've had your most embarrassing thing and you've been thinking should I, shouldn't I? Each week, maybe I'll send it in. Just send it in. We need it and we want it.
Speaker 2: We really love the innocent ones too. If you think that yours is like, oh, mine's not dirty enough, is not poolly enough, we don't have to have those. We love the innocent ones, and we really like the dirty one well, Laura loves it. But also if you have a confessional or anything else that you think is worthy of us knowing about, please slide on into the DM's Life un Cut podcast. Now let's get into the chat with Michael. Michael, this is such an exciting day for us because I am such a huge fan of you and the show. So welcome to Life on Cut podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Lise, it's my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Can you start, Michael? I feel like the best way is to try to get to know you a little bit. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Speaker 3: I would say that I'm quite a character, undyingly loyal, and apparently a hopeless romantic.
Speaker 2: We absolutely love hopeless romantics here at Life on CP.
Speaker 1: You're from Woollongong. I grew up in Woollongong, so I am very familiar with that stomping ground. What school did you go to?
Speaker 3: It was Woollongong High School of the Performing Arts.
Speaker 1: So my mum used to work at Kira High which is exactly next door to Wollongong High. This is feeling very close to home. Can you tell me a little bit about what was your childhood like? Who was Michael when he was a kid. Just give me a little bit of a background of that time in your life.
Speaker 3: Back in primary school, I often sat alone during the breaks because that's what I preferred, because I was kind of reserved time and I was kind of off in my own world. All I wanted to do was just watch Thomas and that was it. To this day, I kind of look back on all that with some degree of embarrassment.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel embarrassment about your childhood.
Speaker 3: Is because kids these days don't really seem to be like that. These days they seem to be more aware of their surroundings and what's going on in the world.
Speaker 2: When you say Thomas, you mean Thomas the Tank Engine. Yes, that's right, you're a big fan of Thomas.
Speaker 3: Yes, ever, since I was three years old.
Speaker 2: I think that there are a lot of kids that like to be by themselves. I don't think that you should look back on that with embarrassment.
Speaker 3: I suppose not. And in high school I started to socialize with the other students more and as the years passed, I became more and more sociable. But also in high school I didn't enjoy it because not because of the teachers, but because the students were often annoying, and also because of the academic side. That was the major part of it.
Speaker 1: Michael, you were diagnosed with autism when you were five. What was growing up with autism like and what was that period of your life like when you receive that diagnosis.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't really remember the diagnosis, but only my mother does. I was actually diagnosed with the spurges. It's a mold a form of autism. And what was it like, Well, basically for my parents, it wasn't very easy. I was definitely quite a character back in the day as well.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by your a character?
Speaker 3: I would say probably not normal according to some people, different, I suppose.
Speaker 2: And Michael, did you feel different, did you know you were or do you think that that's only now when you look.
Speaker 3: Back, kind of suspected that I felt different. My mother never really told me that I had asperges until I was thirteen, because when I was a kid, I wouldn't have understood what it meant.
Speaker 2: And can you tell us, I guess in your own words or the way. I'm sure you've done so much research now and you live with it every single day? What is Asperger's to you? How can you describe it to somebody that doesn't know doesn't understand what it is?
Speaker 3: Aspurge's is basically a moldiform of autism. They just have social difficulties at times, but they have a lot of unique gifts as well, and they're still able to do the same things as everybody else in life. They just learn things a different way, and they still want to be loved and have friends.
Speaker 1: You've said before that people who have aspergers and have autism that it can be a gift. What sort of gifts does it bring to your life?
Speaker 3: Well? Being able to memorize certain lines from a show be like a walking encyclopedia of facts about certain topics, and having this ability to do puzzles in a certain amount of time.
Speaker 2: So do you find, Michael, that you remember everything that you read. Can you read something just once and you just sock it away? Or is it only if it's something that's really interesting to you?
Speaker 3: Only something that's very interesting to me?
Speaker 2: So does this mean that you because you went to an art school, does this mean that if you were going to read a script or something for acting, you'd remember at one time? It takes me as so long to try and remember a script.
Speaker 3: Well, I would have to read over the script a few times for it to kick in.
Speaker 2: Right. So, Michael, you've have a sister, Olivia and a brother named Adam. Are you close with them?
Speaker 3: I don't really consider myself close to them. I just have a very friendly, loving sibling relationship with them.
Speaker 2: And are they neurotypical or are they do they also have asperges?
Speaker 3: Then neurotypical?
Speaker 2: So do you look at your brother as inspiration or does he teach you anything? Or do you go to him for advice on dating or life advice?
Speaker 3: I would probably go to him for dating advice. Well, he gave me a bit of paper. They had some dating pointers a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh you've got that paper there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The dating pointers are be yourself above all else, remain focused on your date, allow yourself to relax and enjoy the conversation. Look for changes in the way she responds to indicate if she is interested in the topic the conversation. I meant, if she gives you short responses with a flat toe, take this as a sign to change the topic, allow the conversation to flow naturally, and keep your face relaxed while maintaining eye contact.
Speaker 1: So a couple of things that your brother has said that you have to move on from a conversation if your data is not seeming interested. We've spoken a little bit on this podcast before we actually interviewed Cassandra, who was on your Season of Love on the Spectrum. We interviewed her a few months back, and Cassandra spoke a lot about a concept called masking, where you sometimes can mask your characteristics of aspergers or autism by doing things in a way that may be deemed to be neurotypical, but that that can be a really exhausting thing to do. Do you find that you try and mask when you're in social situations and what is that like for you?
Speaker 3: Nope, I just basically just be myself.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: When we spoke to Cassandra in regards to her aspergers, she described different triggers that for her, you know, that can kind of set her off or make her feel more uncomfortable. Do you have certain things, like whether it be loud noises or different experiences that can make you feel more frustrated or it can be more challenging for you.
Speaker 3: Well, loud noises are definitely a trigger because I hate loud music. And after socializing after an extended period of time, and that can also cause me to become tired.
Speaker 2: And what is the result of that? Do you sort of just shut down and want to go home?
Speaker 3: I would just remove myself from the situation.
Speaker 2: Give yourself some time to recharge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 1: Can you talk to me a little bit about Love on the Spectrum. So this has been such a hugely successful show and you have been incredibly loved as one of the contestants on the show. Why did you sign up to do Love on the Spectrum.
Speaker 3: It's because I saw it as my best chance to help me find a partner. It was a very enjoyable experience. Actually, I always enjoyed being filmed and perc the time. I hardly noticed the cameras.
Speaker 2: That's really good. That's the hardest part, isn't it when you feel like this camera's on you and you get a little bit nervous. Did you find that the show was at all scripted or did they say we want to encourage you to try and do this on this date, or we think you should go to this restaurant or did you get to do a lot of it yourself, Like did you get to choose the dates and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I suggested dates and where to go. They would sometimes making certain decisions as well, but it wasn't scripted. No.
Speaker 1: What was the hardest part of the process.
Speaker 3: Well, the date that I went on with Amanda, it didn't go as planned. It ended before it started.
Speaker 2: Oh what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Amanda had some kind of hanic attack and she had to leave.
Speaker 2: I do remember seeing that. But you were such a gentleman in that moment. You recognize that she was having a hard time as well, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Yep, I could see that.
Speaker 2: In this experiment.
Speaker 1: So when you were going through the process of meeting the different participants and going on date, obviously you were looking and hoping to find a relationship out of this. What did that look like for you. What does love mean to you?
Speaker 3: It's basically an emotional bond between two souls being together, and then eventually it grows into a serious commitment like marriage. It's the spiritual and emotional bond between two souls agreeing to share and spend their lives together.
Speaker 1: And do you normally when you're dating? Do you normally like to date people who are neurotypical? What do you prefer when you're looking for a partner.
Speaker 3: I prefer neurotypicals. It's because I resonate with them more because my SPURGS is actually high functioning, which means that I guess I'm just as close to being normal I suppose.
Speaker 2: And you dated Heather on the series, and you went on quite a few days with Heather, and Michael just want to tell you that I really really loved the show. I remember calling Laura and I said, you have to watch this show. It's the most beautiful show. And obviously it's taken over the world. But I remember you going on a few days with Heather, and I thought, oh, these two have a connection. You were flirting. I felt like you were getting along really well, and then it didn't quite work out. What do you think happened? What were your feelings like for Heather in real life? Because I understand on a show sometimes we see one thing and what real life is another.
Speaker 3: Well, to be honest, I was actually sort of struggling to feel romantic connection with her at the same time she had several commitments to prioritize, and I was actually quite surprised when a lot of people in the audience thought that she was ghosting me. And on my part, I was actually trying to feel something special for Heather, but I just couldn't.
Speaker 2: Do you think you need to feel that spark straight away to date them?
Speaker 3: If you feel something on a first date, that's actually a bit of a sign, because if you don't feel anything, it just feels more like a couple of friends getting together totally.
Speaker 1: And that does come a point where if you don't have that spark, there's no point trying to force something. So how have you responded to the fame that has come with being in love on this spectrum? So many people are interested in your story, so many people have loved watching you on TV. What's it like to become so famous for your dating?
Speaker 3: It's flatting but also kind of overwhelming as well, because it's like having to answer fan mail.
Speaker 2: Where are you at with your dating at the moment?
Speaker 3: Still no partner and still nobody to date at the moment, been conversing with a couple of people, nothing progressing at the moment, but got some hopes.
Speaker 2: We also interviewed Jodie, who was the I guess the relationship therapist on the show. Did you use her or go to her for advice at all? Did you find her handy on the show?
Speaker 3: I did, yes, In fact, she and I keep in touch like once a month.
Speaker 2: Amazing. And what was her best advice or what did you learn from her? Because I guess she helps you along the way.
Speaker 3: The best piece of advice I can remember from is that most relationships start off from the foundation of friendship and to find also find common ground.
Speaker 1: I've said that you haven't yet found someone, but like, dating is so hard, and I think when we first it is it's so hard. When we first started this podcast, the reason why we started it was because it was a relationships based podcast where we all talked about how hard it is to find someone and how hard dating can be. What impact do you think having Aspergers has on your dating. Do you find it more difficult that initial you know, the first date. It's hard as it is. Do you find that it adds an extra layer?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say that having a spurgs causes a hindrance on dating. It's just a matter of finding people that are interested. But the thing is, I don't know anybody who'd be interested in dating a gentleman.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you don't know anyone who's interested in dating a gentleman. Isn't that what all we all want?
Speaker 3: Well, let me put it this way. If you're a woman who's immature and looking for some moments of drama, a gentleman can't provide that. It depends on the person and their age as well, because when you're in your teenage years, there's no maturity, and when you're in your early twenties, that's when you're slowly starting to phase out of that immaturity process. When you're in your mid twenties, you're you're getting there, but not quite there yet. And when you get to your late twenties, you're extremely close to completion. And when you get into your thirties, that's when the complete transformation takes place.
Speaker 1: And Michael you are such a gentleman, and that was one of the things that people fell in love with about you on the show on Love on the Spectrum. Where did this come from? Where did this chivalry and this very gentlemanly mannerisms come from?
Speaker 3: My father raised me to be a gentleman, is what he taught me to be. And he also once told me that there's enough animosity in the world as it is. He's a very wise man and he's taught me a lot of a lot of his principles over the years.
Speaker 2: What are some of those other principles he's taught you.
Speaker 3: One of them is, if you give goodcarma, you receive good karma. If you give bad karma, you receive bad karma. And treat others the way you wish to be treated as the golden rule.
Speaker 2: What are you looking for in a partner? So you're on the dating side, you've gone in Love on the Spectrum hopefully, I mean not hopefully, but we would love to see you back on season three if you are single and you haven't found your match yet. But what is it you go into looking for a partner? Do you have a list like a checklist?
Speaker 3: I'm basically looking for a beautiful, loving woman with a pure heart, somebody who comes from a good family and does not get involved with weaponry or drugs or committee crimes or hang out with the wrong people, you know, things like that. And the thing is that I'm very selective when it comes to girls.
Speaker 2: I think you need to be selective, though, and I think it's important that we as humans we know what we want to look for in a partner, otherwise we waste our time.
Speaker 1: What do you think in a relationship is the most important thing?
Speaker 3: Well, this is the way I see it. If you ever find a partner in life, you should not only be loyal, but also grateful because if, in the event, you lose a treasure as valuable as a woman, there's a chance that you might not be able to get her back.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in love, Michael, I've.
Speaker 3: Only had crushes on girls, but I wouldn't count that as being in love. It's just infatuation that happens to a lot of people. But being in love is like holding hands, kissing each other, and maybe also living together and making time for each other as well, even when you are busy.
Speaker 2: That time is a really big one, isn't it, especially in this day when people get so busy, it's so hard to make time for anything that's important to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me what are some of the misconceptions around aspergers? What is something that you would like people to know about what it's like to live with aspergers?
Speaker 3: People in the spectrum they might not be classified as normal per se I was using air quotes. They can still do great things. They're capable of making friends, and they're capable of feeling loved. They just have difficulties with social life and just learn things differently. Just because we learn things differently doesn't mean that we're not normal.
Speaker 1: I think some people who don't understand aspergers or don't understand autism, there can be this misconception that people who have Aspergers don't have feelings or don't feel things in the same way. But what do you think about that?
Speaker 3: I would disagree with that. People with aspurgers do have feelings, they just express it differently. Because there is no one way to show someone that you care about them. There are many ways, whether it be saying it to them in person or by text, or by a song, or by taking them out somewhere or even send them a gift as many ways to do it.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you about your podcast that you have started. I know that this is a really exciting new venture for you. Can you tell us a little bit about your podcast, why you started it and the types of people that you're interviewing.
Speaker 3: I started it because I would like to entertain people, bring love and light into people's lives. And it's also another way for people to get to know me more as a person outside of love on the spectrum, explore some of my interests which I probably didn't discuss on the show. And it is also to help inspire people to become an A plus version of themselves. In other words, I'm not trying to turn people into me. I'm trying to turn them into them.
Speaker 2: You just mentioned that you want people to know more of your interests that maybe they didn't see on the show, because we do know on the show that a lot is cut out, a lot doesn't make it to screen. What are some of your interests, like, what are your biggest passions that you want people to know about?
Speaker 3: Acting is one of them, and along with railways, animals, nature, spirituality, family and friendships, romance, I think building models, eating out, I preferbly prefer eating out with a person one on one, a woman preferably, and sitcoms as well.
Speaker 2: You have some rules for the podcast? What are your rules?
Speaker 3: Topics that I forbid from being discuss on the podcast include religion, politics, weaponry, drugs, past wars, past shooting incidents. Most importantly, it has a strict no COVID talk policy, which includes no talking about lockdowns, vaccinations, anything related to it, because after two years of hearing about it daily, nobody wants to hear about it anymore.
Speaker 1: On the flip side of that, what are some things that make you feel really you like? What are the things that you love and conversations and topics that you love to talk about?
Speaker 3: Talking about acting and celebrities and their lives and also television shows because I'm brilliant of pop culture and philosophies on life and how to treat a woman.
Speaker 1: With your podcast, you're going to be interviewing a lot of people who have been some of your favorite interviews so far.
Speaker 3: Shane Jacobson has been my favorite one so far.
Speaker 2: Who's that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: For God's sake, can I guess? Can you give me a hint?
Speaker 3: Sure? He was on Little Big Shots and he was the host. He was also in those IgA commercials and he's also in that film Ladies and Black. He was also the voice of Shane in Thomas the Tank Engine.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's why you love him.
Speaker 3: Well, Shane is an Australian tender engine from Australia, a seam engine. Actually, I was pretty excited to talk to him, and my mother was quite quite giddy about it as well when you found out.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's so exciting. It's been a big part of your childhood but also something that's come and been a big part of your adult life as well.
Speaker 2: Who is the number one person in the world? If you could pick someone to interview or to come on the podcast, who do you think that would be.
Speaker 3: That's a bit of a tough question because I actually have a long list of people that I want to interview. There's Mark, Evan, Jackson, miam Bi Aleck and my favorite British actress, Rossom and Pike.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Now, Well, hopefully they can get the word out and we can get them on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 2: So, Michael, speaking about you love the celebrity life and you love famous people, and acting. You are a celebrity yourself now, but you recently went on Ellen degenerous. Is that right?
Speaker 3: I did? Yes?
Speaker 2: That is congratulations. That is huge. How did that happen? Did she reach out to you and just say I love the show? Come on?
Speaker 3: Well, her producers contacted Netflix, and Netflix contacted Northern Pictures and they got in touch with me about it. And when I found out, I was quite surprised to learn that. I never expected it, although some time ago I did say to myself that I wouldn't be surprised if Ellen ever wanted to interview me. She mostly asked me about myself and the show, and surprisingly she gave me a suit.
Speaker 2: I saw that. Have you received the suit yet?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Does it fit?
Speaker 3: The pants and that jack are a little bit big, so they just need to be taken up.
Speaker 2: Well, you wear that on your next date and then you can tell your date that Ellen DeGeneres gave you that. That is huge. That is such an inn. That's an inn, Michael, I would yes. And also, Kim Kardashian tell us what I have heard some whispers that something happened with Kim Kardashian. What was that?
Speaker 3: She just basically posted about the show on Instagram, which I didn't expect either.
Speaker 2: That is crazy because how many followers does she have?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think like millions and millions and fifty or sixty million followers.
Speaker 3: That's no surprise.
Speaker 2: Would you do another reality TV show or another love show?
Speaker 3: I would, but it depends on if I'd be taken seriously though you.
Speaker 2: Don't think you were taken seriously?
Speaker 3: Well. Love on the Spectrum is a documentary, and I didn't really have any luck on both seasons, but don't know if I would have any any different success on another love show.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts then? When you compare? Because you said Love on the Spectrum is a documentary, what are your thoughts on like the Bachelor franchise as a love show.
Speaker 3: I never watched it because I'm just not really interested in watching dating shows.
Speaker 1: Was it weird being on a dating show yourself? Though, when you've never seen one or seen how it's put together.
Speaker 3: It didn't really feel weird. It just felt weird watching myself on screen.
Speaker 2: What do you think is next for you? Michael?
Speaker 3: I'm actually pursuing an acting career because that's my passions what I really want to do, there's some things going on in the pipeline, but and one of them will involve being in the UK, but I can't really go into any details about it.
Speaker 2: Oh way to hang us on the end of a line, Michael, how are we ever going to know?
Speaker 3: The public will know in good time, and I will also be continuing the with the podcast and also continue on with my Quest for Love.
Speaker 1: Have you ever auditioned for a show to play a character who has Asperger's? Is that something that's come up in casting.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's been the case, would you? Maybe it depends if it'd be the right match for it. I also do have a question for you.
Speaker 2: Brittany, Oh yes, hit me.
Speaker 3: Do you haven't to know anyone by the name of Jackson Garlic?
Speaker 2: I do. Jackson Garlic is a really good friend of mine. I was on a dating show with Jackson. I know that he's a friend of yours, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Yeah, even though we've never really met in person yet. And he also invited me to check out his pie business.
Speaker 2: I think that he would love to have you and your family for a pie any day of the week. He messaged me. Actually, when I said I was going to get you on and he raved about you. He said, you guys are friends and you're a really good guy, and he was really excited that you were coming on the podcast.
Speaker 3: But I actually would like to meet him in person as well.
Speaker 2: Definitely let him know when you're coming to Sydney. He'll meet you somewhere, even halfway probably sounds good.
Speaker 3: I also got to ask Skip Britney, what kind of acting roles are you wanting to pursue?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, do you know what I would love? I would love to do a romantic comedy because I feel like that's true to my life. Like my whole love life has been funny. Your life. It's so easy for me to act because everything is ridiculous. Nothing ever works out as planned. It's like I feel like my life is a movie. So that's I think that would be really easy for me to act.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say so. Also got a question for you, Laura, what's it like having kids?
Speaker 2: That is a very big question.
Speaker 1: It is unrelenting, it is very tiring, but it is the most purposeful, wonderful thing I've ever done in my life. It has been completely transformative for me. And I was somebody who didn't think I wanted kids originally, and now I want more and more and more because they're just the most incredible little humans.
Speaker 2: I have to tell her to stop. Michael, I'm like, no, no more. I love I love being a mom, Michael, I love it.
Speaker 3: How many do you have?
Speaker 2: I have two daughters.
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: Nice, I like that. This just turned into you interviewing us.
Speaker 2: He's a true podcast host.
Speaker 3: Well, looks like your partner, Struck Gold. If I was to be a parent, I preferably rather have a daughter, because I've always resonated more with girls. I always have and I'm more comfortable around them. In fact, if I ever had a daughter, I would probably name her Rosamund.
Speaker 2: After your favorite actress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or even maam as in miam Bi Aleck. The actress mian Bi Arek is an actress who played Amy Farroh Fowler on The Big Bang Theory. And beneath that beautiful face lies a brilliant mind.
Speaker 1: Ah right, Yes, I do know who she is.
Speaker 3: That's one of the most important things in a woman. That I'm attracted to a woman that has a very intelligent mind, because women who are intelligent I could just talk with them all day.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is very important.
Speaker 1: And you know, like they say, looks fade over time, you need to have that connection, that chemistry and also that great conversation for the relationship to be able to go somewhere.
Speaker 2: A say bio sexual there call Did you know that?
Speaker 1: No, it's someone who's attracted to another person's intelligence.
Speaker 3: I always have been Well, then you.
Speaker 2: Michael are a CPO sexual.
Speaker 1: Michael, thank you so much for coming on the podcast and being a part of LAFE un Cut. We have absolutely loved interviewing you. You were a joy to watch on Love on the Spectrum. Thanks for anyone who wants to find you on social media or they want to be able to follow you, where can they find you on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Mister A plus? Michael? Can I say plus? I mean the word, not the symbol.
Speaker 2: And Michael, if there is anyone out there listening, because we have a really big audience, we're really really lucky, and a lot of them are female, is there any advice you would give the women out there that are struggling with dating or they haven't met their soulmate yet because there are so many of us, they just haven't found the right person yet. Is there any advice or motivation that.
Speaker 3: You would give them, I would say, don't give up. And if you believe that gentlemen are extinct, you're wrong, because that's what I'm trying to prove to women, because I'm trying to inspire them to give them hope, to hope for a better man, and so that they can see that gentlemen still exists even though they're quite hard to find.
Speaker 2: I think that's great advice. Definitely, don't give up because love is out there for everyone, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's nothing wrong with having high expectations. I would say that if she's out there somewhere in time, I'll know that she'll only be one thing, treasure.
Speaker 2: Yes, Michael, what a way to finish That is such a beautiful line. Thanks Michael, thank you so much for coming and being a part of the podcast and sharing your experiences with Love on the Spectrum.
Speaker 3: It was my pleasure. I wish you the best for your future with your relationship with your partner Laura and your daughters as well. And Brittany, I wish you the best of luck with your acting career aspirations continue on with it, and I also wish you the best of luck on your own quest for love as well.
Speaker 2: You guys know, we never have finished an episode without our suck and our suite, our highlight and allow light for the week. Laura, actually, I'm going to kick some go come on. I just tried to intro suck and sweet.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Fla sark. I just tried to intro suck and sweet. And every time we went to talk, Laura quickly said something and I was like, You've got to stop talking so I can talk.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's a lie. I was speaking and then Britt would start it at the end of my sense, so I was still speaking, and then she would start it and I was like, can you just wait till I stop speaking?
Speaker 2: And I said, We'll just stop speaking and then I'll start talking. And it was were yelling at each other, but like friendly yelling at.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we actually just yell at each like we're like, we're literally being.
Speaker 2: Like, stop speaking. She's like just wait, and I'm like stop. We were just going at each other. Actually, I think the word you used was would you shut the fuck up? Is what was yell? Well, we can't stress this enough.
Speaker 1: We literally like sisters, and we we love like sisters, and we fight like sisters. Anyway, that her neighbor was at the door.
Speaker 2: We're like, I'm going at each other and then i hear this little faint knock and I'm like, hello, because we're recording my laundry. Hello, She's like delivery. And I opened the door thinking it was a delivery person, but it was my neighbor who had picked up a delivery from downstairs. And she's like, I'm sorry to interrupt, and I'm like, you just heard our fight, didn't you. She was like I did. She sounds like you're also having a lot of fun. And I was like, do you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad that finally your neighbors have heard the way you treat me Brittany to me when we're not recording and everyone, I just I just I'm glad that I'm finally being validated.
Speaker 2: You guys know, we never finished.
Speaker 1: You guys know, stop you keep saying it at the top of me talking and just wait two seconds after I've finished talking.
Speaker 2: Stop to then start stop. And it was pretty funny because we're like, I mean, you would not have sounded like a real fight. It sounds like a fake fight, like a funny fight. But I just thought it was funny. And my name was there being like so to interrupt anyway, that's my suck, my sweet of the week.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's gonna be your suck for the whole week?
Speaker 2: Sure, pretty a week? Why not? My neighbors hate me? Now it was actually an undeman for week for me. So yeah, my names hate me. No. But she did say, she's like, oh, I thought she goes she listens to the podcast. She's new into my building. If she's listening, Hi, good for everyone. She's like, oh, I did think you were recording because I can hear you laughing from across the hall. Fair. Yeah, so that's my stuck. My sweet of the week is if you follow me on the Gram. I put some stories up every year. I do this with the RSPCA. I love animals, but I become a guardian angel of an animal. It's anonymous, like and I say anonymous in terms of like you don't know what animal you're gonna get. It's like a random you say you want to help save an animal over the summer, over the season, and they give you an animal, and they give you the profile. So you get a picture of the animal that you're helping to save, and you get a bio about them and every year I do it. So this year I did it, put on my stories and I always encourage you guys to do it, and the response this time was so overwhelming. I get you guys to tag me. There were just like over a thousand people that have gone and sponsored an animal. And it doesn't mean you foster them, like you don't take them into your house. It just means you're helping to keep them safe and fed and healthy until they find their forever home. But so many of you went and did that, and it just it was like the absolute highlight of my month. It's the best thing. It was so heartwarming to see. And I don't know any if you did it, you should be really proud that you have helped save a little animal. So that's my sweet all right, Well, I don't know how I'm gonna follow that. Well, you could sponsor an animal, lur I do.
Speaker 1: I buy tickets in the RSPCA ticket thing every month. But anyway, okay, So my suck for the week is my children. No it's not my children. I love them very much, No fucking love my life. No it's not my kids, but it is the fact that they keep on waking up at four am.
Speaker 2: I'd like that to stop. It's been every day this week.
Speaker 1: That's fair four am, and they kind of tag team and one night she'll sleep until seven. The next morning, but don't worry, Lola will be up at four am, just to really make sure that no one gets asleep. So Matt and I have been alternating. This morning was his wake up. He got up at four am. Yesterday I got up at four am.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's not cute, it's annoying.
Speaker 2: No, And I feel like, you know that that's gonna be the next twenty years. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like everything's a phase. Every parent lives with that as their mancher. This is just a phase. Everything's a fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just that one phase comes after nowther it's a con perpetual phase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, until they leave home and then that's still a phase because they just want money. But anyway, so that's where we're at this week. I'm sure we'll be somewhere else in the parenting journey next week.
Speaker 2: So that is my suck.
Speaker 1: My sweet for the week. I've had a couple of sweets, but my big sweet for the week last week was that we did the very last episode of Batchet Uncut, we got through it. It was actually so hard to get those episodes done this time around. It was a lot easier doing batchun Cut during lockdown when we had nowhere to go and just trying to get through the episodes and bring them was. It was a really mammoth effort for Matt n I and I'm very very proud.
Speaker 2: That we got it done.
Speaker 1: But also we had so much fun doing it, so it was great. Their last episode was really enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Also, I think because they were dropping episodes like they were doubling up episodes, which is essentially is twice the work for you. Yeah, one night when you said one episode comes out, to episode comes out, you've still got to watch those, You've still got to script them, You've still got to record, you still got to edit. Like that's a it's a bloody big job. But I know the people loved it.
Speaker 1: And also if you listened to the last episode that came out on Saturday, Matt wanted to cut corners and just do a recap of the recap, but we persevered.
Speaker 2: We did it, and it was a great episode. So I hope you guys have got on how to listen. That is it. Guys from us, Please, if you haven't left us to some sneaky little review or five stars or subscribed, please do that. We'll love you forever. Keep the accidentally Unfiltered's coming in the questions for asking on Cut Coming. Everything can come into our Instagram Life Uncut Podcast. Just make sure you put the henning at the top and remember to tell you mum, tey, dad, tell dog tea, friends and shit I love because we are