Speaker 1: Imagine, if you will, that you are in a place of great beauty.
Speaker 2: Some teenage boys walk past you, they yell out, hey, bitch tits.
Speaker 1: The world you see is a place of paradox of beauty and cruelty. It will cut you off at the knees then gift you a pair of easies. And that, my friends, is why you always always.
Speaker 3: Need a buck up.
Speaker 2: I was coming up the stairs.
Speaker 3: It didn't but I appreciate.
Speaker 2: The effort to move forward.
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 2: Well, what did it look like someone coming up?
Speaker 3: Do you remember when Michael Jackson used to jump up from the stage.
Speaker 2: It was like if that.
Speaker 3: Went wrong and there was something wrong with the hydraulics. But I think it looked cool. It was just something Brook appeared from under the desk.
Speaker 2: Oh my, my goodness.
Speaker 3: Cannot wait to be bucked by U k oh.
Speaker 2: I am going to give you a deep bucking, and not just so bucked that all our listeners are going to be so satisfyingly and deeply bucked. Even Sasha French, greatest producer in the world, she is going to be bucked, be bucked before.
Speaker 3: Her golfer tiles. She's been bucked a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean she has a great life, so she's constantly bucked out.
Speaker 3: Lots of bucking. It's good to buck buck a lot when you're young, get all the bucking out of your system.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know that. That's do you get it out of your system?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Have I introduced you?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Have you?
Speaker 2: People been like, who's this raving? These people don't be disrespectful. This is one of Australia's greatest comedian.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, okay.
Speaker 2: The artist formerly known as Nate Valvo, now known as Nate Valva.
Speaker 3: An intro and this is the buck up I want to buck because get this lowell. I get depression every autumn.
Speaker 2: You get seasonal.
Speaker 3: I get sad. It is so funny.
Speaker 2: It's too early to get it.
Speaker 3: No, I got it. It's so cla It comes like clockwork on the final when Daylight Savings swaps on that Sunday, last Sunday or the Sunday when was it a week or two week ago? Yes, like bang that day. I'm like melancholy. Really every year, do you know what?
Speaker 2: I remember this happening when we were living in Italy Because the seasons are so defined there I'm not just casually mentioning that I lived in Italy.
Speaker 3: We should get a little jar wouldn't be able to afford to go to Italy.
Speaker 2: Anyway. The seasons are so properly defined.
Speaker 3: And one day I.
Speaker 2: Said, and because my daughter at the time was going, you know, and the kids were all, you know, we're not game to skull wh're fighting for the climat good on them. They're stopping at Sephora on the way and at some you know, disposable fashion stored by ship made out of nylon. But yeah, fighting for the climate anyway.
Speaker 3: Bring it on.
Speaker 2: I said to my daughter one day. Oh, because literally when autumn comes or spring comes or winter comes, it's like that you go from the heat of Italian weather. And I said, gee, the seasons work amazingly. Someone better call Greter Thornburg.
Speaker 3: Cook her up, please when she says, Greta, we're cooking when we're going with Gretta.
Speaker 2: And we're off even though the irony is said Gretta and takes the guess off us.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite things in the world. My actual season depression has just gone. All I need to do is mentioned Greta to Kate like a dog with a bone.
Speaker 2: Doesn't delight everybody else, it's very obviously delights everybody.
Speaker 3: You need, you need some more. We need Gretta in the world.
Speaker 2: She do you know what?
Speaker 3: Can you know what? I think? She's just at school.
Speaker 2: She's not at school. She's forty now talking in your mind she's fast or frozen in time.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Greta is not forty literal old Greta.
Speaker 2: Please, she'd be twenty three.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's to be at UNI protesting.
Speaker 2: How old is she?
Speaker 3: Twenty two?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There you go.
Speaker 3: You know she is half a forty. She's on school.
Speaker 2: Is that she's at Yunie And of course she's at UNI. She'll do Bachelor of Art degrees degrees back to back degrees, climate degree. She's having her in your tutorial, I mean teaching goodness. She'd be like, I have to take exception to what you just see.
Speaker 4: Cities you cannot You talked about seasonal adjustment disorderate, but do you know what will happen in forty years? There will be no she's an adjustment disorder because there wild and then you get.
Speaker 2: Kicked down the class. She'll be weeping in the corner.
Speaker 3: Well, the seasons are definitely existing in Australia. In Melbourne, Autumn's coming on thick love it Oh. Also, hello to the group of women a bar the other night who walked past me and respectfully yelled out hullaballoo, oh Halla. I love them hang on my first hullaballo in the wild. So hello to those women.
Speaker 2: I love it up. Okay, now I know we've discussed Kim Katrell by the way, and that's her. That's her scatting with the then partner. Producer found out if they're still together. I mean we've.
Speaker 3: That's not a same I mean you pulled pulled up the Gretta answering pull up.
Speaker 2: Greta, Yeah she did. She pulled up greater, which is a nice change because Greater is normally the one pulling out people who I can't remember. Hang on where we are?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, then you want to say something and then you got distructed to bullying veteran.
Speaker 2: Hang on heterrupted my bullying of Greta with my bullying of Sar.
Speaker 3: I can't keep up with a bully. You're a bully and you've got a d D.
Speaker 2: I think all bullies have got a d D. Do you think, what's the difference between a d D and ADHD.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know. I can who cares? Every podcast is talking about that.
Speaker 2: Well, why haven't we listened to him and learned? We can't be taught. I got comments on our beautiful, glorious podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't read comments because they make they might make me even more, and.
Speaker 2: We got them. Okay, what about maybe I shouldn't read you this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe don't? Is it a thud? Is it another thought?
Speaker 2: Okay? There is a phrase, so bad listening to you too.
Speaker 3: Together?
Speaker 2: I need want it?
Speaker 3: I like when we sink together.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm in hospital recovering from an abdominal surgery. So bad listening to you two that barely laughing hurts so much I had to stop listening just in case my shitches exploded.
Speaker 3: That's a nice mess.
Speaker 2: But I know, trick.
Speaker 3: What's the person's name? Mes Mez? Hello?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 3: Oh meys hope you're on the men Mez? Do you know what a hospital good to go?
Speaker 2: So one of my art my number three, was born in February. When's the comedy Festival March April exactly? So my first outing after I had him was to the comedy Festival and afterwards. So I had a great night. I can't remember what comedian we saw, like three comedians in a night, excited to be out of the house.
Speaker 3: It's a big commitment.
Speaker 2: I got a arnia because I literally split my sides laughing. What a compliment, though compliment it only I could remember what comedians I saw to tell them, to tell them that, because you know, I didn't know this. When you have a sizara, I supposed to quote, Yeah, they stitch you back up. I didn't know. They totally separate everything obviously to get the beerby out.
Speaker 3: Point to me where the hernia is?
Speaker 2: So the HERNI was? Where was it? About? There? Around my belly in the shower. But there's also a scar down there.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: So they must open you up like a like an X package, a sunroof, Yeah, the delivery or something, but it opens like that. Obviously I didn't ever look. I was.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 3: People look some people, do you know?
Speaker 2: Some people loved to look. What's going on? I don't want to know, They asked you. I went, I don't want to look, and I don't want my husband to look to see my insides. Yeah, I mean you know, I know who would want that. Some people have got or doctors for they love to look.
Speaker 3: I think they have to the surgeons.
Speaker 2: They couldn't get in there enough anyway, So jazz happened? Valfo, it does happen. What was I telling me?
Speaker 3: I don't know who? Who are you bullying this time?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: You went to the comedy first for your to hernia. Feedback from the buckhead was in with something.
Speaker 2: No, do you want some controls? Husband? Oh my goodness, yes please? You know as we would have seen in Grade five, Wake Up Australia and she has look at it? Okay, Why don't people say that anymore? One isn't a good one?
Speaker 6: Mark Levinson and they divorced on two thousand and four on ull Blue.
Speaker 3: Who oh my, so that was the one from the jazz video. Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you think they divorced because of the she dogs or the he dogs? What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Get a copy of the divorce paper? Will look under reason?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so devastated for her. She's okay at the same time of the s JP.
Speaker 3: Drama Yeah maybe.
Speaker 2: Anyway, whatever, she's left us with her greatest legacy. If she does nothing else in her extraordinary artistic life. That is usually say.
Speaker 3: It's also school holidays or in Victoria. I never know that's is that everywhere? Are they all linked?
Speaker 2: I think they sort of are on now or this crossover.
Speaker 3: It's so funny how when you don't have children, how blissful it is. The it's the roads getting here tonight a breeze. It's just there's so many positives to school holidays, but the tone of voice in all of my friends that has school age children, Yes, just like this, crack their eyes witch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's a lot, so fun it's a lot.
Speaker 3: It's like you forget that when you have the kids that, oh, you've got to actually see them for six weeks a year, not at school.
Speaker 2: That is the role of schools, just.
Speaker 3: To get them out of your hair.
Speaker 2: To indoctrinate them and get them out of your hair.
Speaker 3: We're cooking, of course.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're not indoctrinating children at school?
Speaker 3: What do kids do on school holidays?
Speaker 2: Now, Well, it depends if you're sort of an activity person and if your parents work, so if you when school holidays come around, one of my favorite things is you'll just see random things that you'll see a truck driver and they'll be boy tye with high visit vest so angry.
Speaker 3: I don't know who looks sadder, the dad or the son, but I think they.
Speaker 2: Both kind of like it. You know, depending on what the work is. And anyone who works in an office, there's always someone who's brought some droopy nosed kid that's sitting in the corner on an iPad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, school holidays to me, a lot of days at Nanda's dropped off in the morning from just nothing natala on toast.
Speaker 2: All day, plastic plastic.
Speaker 3: I'd watch the daytime TV shows with a go in the backyard. None would yell at us because we'd want to get on the garden.
Speaker 2: He'd screen, he'd ruined the plant, the.
Speaker 3: Vegetables that he was growing, Go down a bike with square food, shopping for a couple.
Speaker 2: Of hours and the money. No, just that was go yourself.
Speaker 3: That that's a core school holiday man.
Speaker 2: Okay, so my husband, who I just want to tell you, I didn't grow up with grandparents because I was a migrant child whose grandparents were overseas.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you're staring at me like I've got an issue with that? What did you do the most intense I have ever seen your face.
Speaker 2: I just sometimes you know I'm in the movie.
Speaker 3: You've got new dark haird and you're a new person too dark.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit more Titia Adams.
Speaker 3: You've gone full goth. Autumn has made me emo and you.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, though we've got to go to for a walk to the only surviving comic shop.
Speaker 3: You keep saying it's too dark, But didn't you choose it? Or did you person just do what you want? No, I didn't choose. I like it.
Speaker 2: I like brown. It looks to be so deep.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 2: Thank you, you're very kind.
Speaker 3: A dark seven. You know what it is. It's seventy's seventy percent coco.
Speaker 2: It's dark, and you know what, I want it to be a little bit more curly wirly, Okay, just a little bit a little bit okay, So speaking of none of the things we were just speaking of. So last actually was it was appary the hairdresser sweet. I went down to the beach with my girlfriend Carla, and both of us were like, we need to get out of town. I had half a week off.
Speaker 3: Just before school holidays. Get out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Carla and I went we want to go early the day got away from anyway. We went down to the little cottage by the sea. It's stunning.
Speaker 3: I haven't been there yet.
Speaker 2: The firebro cottage, right, it's.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, the one that you keep telling me like that hasn't got electricity, And.
Speaker 2: No it's got electricity, okay, but it doesn't have town water or town gas, but sewage or rubbish conduction. It's nearly off the grid. It does have electricity, not going. But it's so beautiful, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Sash any location that involves you going to town for something there's no town well you just said everything's in town.
Speaker 2: No, there's no town water, there's no town gas.
Speaker 3: But where do you get the water from the sky?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: My joy?
Speaker 3: Do you do? You know what?
Speaker 2: I don't understand why gay men have the reputation they have. I just you know what, you've confirmed my theory. Go on, this is my thing.
Speaker 3: So here we go, gay people, listen up, here she comes. You know, I'm had a hole on my finger on the cancel button.
Speaker 2: So you know how you know how gay men talk about how they if they grew up in the country, or do they talk about how they had to leave town and they're always like, I had to get out of town, and there's always like mah, you know, maybe they were bullied or maybe that, but they were just like this town didn't understand me. I had to get out, And having just spent four days in the country, I actually realized it's because they couldn't do any of the shit associated with country living, like you, where's the water coming from? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: He's not wrong, yes.
Speaker 2: And it's quite brilliant the same I couldn't. It was okay.
Speaker 3: It's not a match made in heaven, the regions and the gays, but none of.
Speaker 2: My gay friends are very capable.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it'd be capable once I got there.
Speaker 2: You know, Nick and Kanye they're so capable. They're always putting up ten.
Speaker 3: But one of them's of event designer, so they're used to like doing things. No thanks.
Speaker 2: What about Cody. I thought he'd be capable.
Speaker 3: He goes camping every year with the family up I've down there. As I said, we've been together for eleven years. I have never gone camping with his family, and yet.
Speaker 2: You're so camp I'm in the irony. She's done it that anyway.
Speaker 3: I've never stepped foot so anywhere near a ten it's really lovely. The only times I've camped is when I was in my twenties and we go to Falls first All every year for three days and would camp and rough it. But there was so much chemical support, yes that I could handle it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, And I understand it. And I never used to be into nature at all, and I've realized I still am not. And I tell you what happened. So it's properly in the country. Seen the pigs, Yeah, and it's beautiful. And it looks across to a place called Wilson's Priming Victoria, which is a really stunning natural prom anyway. But because it's in the country and it's an old firebro house, so sometimes there's like wildlife incursions. There's always you see wallabies in these two bats. Yeah, and you see you have square poo in the yard because of wombat space.
Speaker 3: Don't separate the wom bat baby from the wom bat mum.
Speaker 2: Who would do that?
Speaker 1: I do that?
Speaker 2: American mole. I think that's I think people are just too here we.
Speaker 3: Go, You're going to support her?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. It was but also, how did she know? She doesn't know, you don't do.
Speaker 3: That to hang on. You're telling me there's animals in the world that love it when you steal the up and then put it back on this podcast more talk about things months ago.
Speaker 2: That's a specialty anyway. So there's a lot of wildlife. And I love my husband, you know, he's always got a positive view about things, which is when you see roadkill, which is so upsetting, and then you'll say, but Darlin, it does tell you that there's a lot of them around. I'm like, oh, that's a nice way to look at what is a terrible situation.
Speaker 3: I think about that next time I drive past. Like a cemetery, for sure.
Speaker 2: As my mum would say, people are dying to get in there anyway, So you go down there and sometimes the unexpected things happen, Like friends of ours have got a place down there, they got a bird stuck flew down the chimney when they were there. That's why we always shut all the internal doors. And there's these native rats, dancing rats, which when you see them are huge looking but still they have the name rat in them.
Speaker 3: But dancing rats gay rats, well you know, well they call dancing rats.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a native rat and it dances like on its back. It's cute anyway, but still, and I never want to say it anyway, So I get up early one morning. I'm woken by guilt because what have I gone down there to do? Writing?
Speaker 3: Oh? How's the book going up?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: But I get I get up, how's the book going?
Speaker 3: Shut up?
Speaker 2: What are you my editor? Anyway? So, but I have got up early, and I'm sitting there and it's small, so I'm next to the gas cook top. And then there's an old oven built into the wall, and it's so old. It's actually great oven. It only has two settings like hell fire and refrigerator off. Yeah, that's right. So, and it's so old. It's actually just the front of its pokes through the wall and the rest of it hangs outside, which is quite good for cooking in summer. That inside of the cottage doesn't get hot all the heat it's blasting outside. Right anyway, I think, can I smell gas? Or something made me look over and I saw the most horrendous side. Oh no, I saw half a mouse. And I saw half a mouse hanging from the bottom of the stove. And it was like it was bungee jumping because its head and its little hands were out and it was sort of swinging like this. But I'm like, where's the other half of it? Oh, it's stuck, it's jammed in the oven.
Speaker 3: Alive alive because it was sort of and off and off.
Speaker 2: It's first thing in the morning, and I was like, oh no, oh no, And also what am I going to do? Like I watched it. I watched it for a couple of minutes, hoping it was an issue that would resolve itself, that would drop to the floor and that would scuttle off. And it didn't, okay, and it just stayed there you're relaying. It was like it was Pink at a concert, just on a track, just swing the party, starlet. She goes And so I called Carla, my girlfriend, and she came out, and I realized she's useless INATU regions. Come on, countrywoman, I don't know Drover's wife. So I said to Carla, what should we do? I don't know what to do? And she went turn the out on. I'm like, what eight? It would take an hour and be what are we going to incinerate the hindquarters of the poor mouse.
Speaker 3: That said hung in there anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, it was so horrendous. I really had to may I quote Shakespeare please, do I think this is Henry the Fifth? I had to screw my courage to the sticking place, and I had I grabbed I know, I grabbed a pair of tongs. I'm like, what can I do? And this was one of the most horrendous things I've ever done.
Speaker 3: This better have a happy ending, I had to.
Speaker 2: I had to say back up. I had to get his little It was surgical. I had to squeeze his little tummy and I tried to go above his tummy sort of to his hip hip where his hips was. It was terrible. It was like a force up's delivery.
Speaker 3: And I had to the worst secret heard terrible.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine me? First thing in Yeah, he's still alive. He's wiggling, and I'm trying to talk to him, going don't be scared. But at the same time, I'm terrified of him. I'm terrified, And I finally had to give him a good tug to get him out. He was really wedged in the hinge of the oven door, so I gave him a good pop and then he was wiggling his hands. Took him out and throw him in the neighbor's bushes. But he left.
Speaker 3: He lives a long and happy regional life.
Speaker 2: He'd be you know what, he would have bred ten generations by now. I wouldn't go that was on the weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm never going near that house. But you're right about the country living, because I remember a couple of years ago I was about to prove Cody wrong and he was like, let's go.
Speaker 2: Real off grid, how off green.
Speaker 3: We went to a place called Milford Sound in your neck of the wood, New Zealand.
Speaker 2: That's New Zealand's hardcore proper South. Have you been there? Sash beautiful.
Speaker 3: It constantly enlists on lists of genuinely like the best looking places on it. It's like you dry a lake. Yeah, but it's like like a mountains.
Speaker 2: Anyone got a bitch there? Lots about Do you know about the batches?
Speaker 3: What's a batch?
Speaker 2: That's what New Zealand is called, the little like a little cottage on the beach.
Speaker 3: Okay, rustick is a batch like your place?
Speaker 2: Very rustic? Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of mice, a lot of trapped mice.
Speaker 2: But they're a lo to catch stuff down there on the beam.
Speaker 3: They've got no snakes.
Speaker 2: You used to get so many abaloney that they used to make abaloney.
Speaker 3: Muscles, like bring them home to Australia.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that? No tin, big lomot.
Speaker 3: I don't trust those things. They are too spiky and they's freak me out.
Speaker 2: The shells beautiful and always makes a nice asht.
Speaker 3: I think I've got the wrong creature.
Speaker 6: See urchins.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's sorry, that's.
Speaker 2: Find the New Zealand do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a whole thing. It's a very traditional food over there, isn't.
Speaker 2: It spiky with the orange thing.
Speaker 3: In the Yeah? Yeah, weird? How do you feel about them? So we went to Milford Sound. There's places that are insane, like at one point when we're driving above clouds. I don't know how that's possible, but.
Speaker 2: We can't blame.
Speaker 3: I would believe we're driving like all that amazing. You go through that thing where you drive through by.
Speaker 2: The way, did you have a cap on?
Speaker 3: It was a few.
Speaker 2: It was over helicopter propeller on the top of it in the front seat of the car.
Speaker 3: We get to Milford Sound. The proper, proper checking out, not allowed to have anything. No, there's no You were to pay like sixty bucks if you want satellite Wi Fi all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It sounds really off.
Speaker 3: It was two nights.
Speaker 2: Did you buy the Wi Fi?
Speaker 3: We didn't got to my good anger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This guy that I married is one of those people that can go to bed. He can go to bed at six thirty seven o'clock. Me too, and happily sleep till the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love it.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Maybe not sixty Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have never did you cook on a fie? I've never been so bored in my life. We were in this accommodation where three of the walls were glass so you could look out into the of the beauty. He was out at plus six. I lost my mind. I remember going through this picture book of the place we were in, hand over, just looking at the book again, looking at the shiny pictures of the mountain.
Speaker 2: Had you brought a book or something forward?
Speaker 3: Playing like that. I was just listening to some of my own music on my Spotify. It was the longest forty eight hours of monh my, it's not good for me. Good, No, just this my mind, my brains.
Speaker 2: Not good for you.
Speaker 3: It's not. And that's funny. This is almost a segue for the first time in history and the buck.
Speaker 2: Up, hang on, should we have a drum roll?
Speaker 3: I'm going to read you headline. Tell me if you'd step foot in thish in the earth's quietest room, you can hear yourself blink. So okay, there is a room that is so quiet that it's negative decibels. Yes, and they think that no human can be in there for longer than half an hour to forty five minutes without going mad, going insane. And you can pay to go and stand in this room that's the world's quietest room. Go in and people can hear.
Speaker 2: Get in trouble, they can hear normal.
Speaker 3: They can hear their own heartbeat.
Speaker 2: People they hear own circulation.
Speaker 3: People say they can hear their own blood circulating. People have said they can hear their lungs when they breathe, and.
Speaker 2: People, oh, I can often hear that if I've been vaping to I can hear it. I hear it, I can hear it.
Speaker 3: And I read this and thought, that is my actual idea of how being in a room so quiet that all I've got is myself and my thoughts and my.
Speaker 2: Blood that incredible.
Speaker 3: Could you do it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do it? But for how long do I have to do it? I think it's up to you until I go mad.
Speaker 3: You can just pay to go in there for a bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, definitely i'd go in there.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could step foot in it.
Speaker 2: I know you couldn't, no way. You know what else, people wouldn't want you in there because you were incessant babbling like it'd be like, excuse me. I thought I was going to hear my eyelashes blinking and my blood coursing through my veins, going hella baloo. This is really freaking me out? Are you freaked out?
Speaker 3: I have headphones on so much. I have music on when I'm working all day. I have headphones on walking the dog. I have music playing on them in the like. I have to have something going at all times.
Speaker 2: See, I'm the opposite. I hardly ever, even like even when I worked on radio, I'd never had the radio on in the car. Now I'm a little bit more so because I have to listen to so many podcasts and stuff. But I just love silence. You wouldn't think so, it's true, but I have that I adore it.
Speaker 3: I don't want a bar of it. I have phone calls I've got to make for the car ride, so I even time them so I know, oh that that half hour drive, I'll call that person. So I'm talking the whole time. I cannot be with me and my thought.
Speaker 2: The rest of your time in New Zealand when you were getting to Milford Sound, did you drive?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We had a great time and you, oh the whole week was excellent, Cody, Thank you. I did have a very lovely time.
Speaker 2: Hear it. He's never going to hear it.
Speaker 3: He doesn't listen. He doubled, he doublers, but he bungee jumped. This was a couple of years ago. He did it all. We had a lovely time, of course I did. I was having an anxiety attack just watching him.
Speaker 2: You know, I've done it. Wow, And I would never do it. You know, people go. It was the greatest moment in my life, and I felt it was so life affirming. Afterwards, I was a desiccated husk of a woman who had to be taken to KFC. I had to be revived with a three piece feed and it was and the blood vessels under my eyes had burnt about this and we do any damage. But I know people say your eyes can boing out.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and also apparently there's a lot of people that get very bad back injuries after going bungee jumping, not skydiving. Apparently skydiving is better for your body than bungee jumping is.
Speaker 2: Well because of that elastic but I thought it would be good for your spine to really stretch it out. Yeah, I guess yes.
Speaker 3: But the trip was great, except just that forty eight hour bit.
Speaker 5: There in the silence, my beautiful view in the world, the quiet room.
Speaker 3: Hello, well, well, well, well hello, it's one of Australia's favorite import Hello after Kolua, it.
Speaker 2: Is Lange and you know what you are? Brilliant, Lloyd Lang said, But not brilliant enough. We're prepared to pay a tariff on you.
Speaker 3: I have to say before I kick into you. Lloyd. God, Lloyd's a good stand up.
Speaker 2: Oh he's brilliant touring right now, go.
Speaker 3: And see him. You're an idiot if you don't you heard me say that bit, right, Lloyd, I feel like you're buttering me up for what the boat to come?
Speaker 2: Really do you need buttering up? Well? Watch out when Valveo's buttering you up, Lloyd, anything good happen?
Speaker 3: We all know that a friendship really is revealed slash maybe tested when you go out for dinner as a group and you're ordering for the table.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I love the person who orders for the table, Lloyd?
Speaker 3: Did you order the food for the table? Was that your lovely partner etto well? I was. I was initially unhappy that the decision was made to order less means than there were people.
Speaker 2: Oh right, you don't, you're yes, you believe it should be at minimum one per head.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm like eating like I'm in prison. I've got my arm, Yes I do?
Speaker 2: Do you sort of have that vibe? Was it an oppressive life growing up in Wales?
Speaker 3: Now, without further ado, Lloyd, please tell our lovely buckheads listening the price of the wine that you didn't but you didn't ask the table about on? Okay, it was two hundred and fifteen dollars. Oh my cues order.
Speaker 2: Did you not look at that or did you go that'll be fine, or did you go I want to punish these people.
Speaker 3: No, I tore it on purpose. I wanted to drink it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to try you.
Speaker 3: That's fine, Lloyd, but don't you bring me into this.
Speaker 2: Don't you say to the table, I'm thinking about this rather expensive bottle of wine that I would have Buckley's chance of affording on my own. And then what happened on the group chat? Yeah, Sophie said it was delicious and we should just split a four weeks. Yeah, and you said, okay.
Speaker 3: I've never seen someone fight less for anything in my life, Floyd. I've never seen someone put that white flag up.
Speaker 6: And I thought, I just I feel like it.
Speaker 3: Life's too short to oh look at that buck up. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: You know what makes life longer? Paying off your credit card from the wine that someone else it is?
Speaker 3: What did I reply to the group that I've taken up uber driving three nights a week to pay my quarter of the bill? I like repeating jokes, Lloyd, I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you, we love you. Hey, what's your comedy festival show called?
Speaker 6: It's called Unsurprisedly, it's called powerful energy.
Speaker 3: Powerful energy. When he's ordering the wine, when he's doing comedy, he's so alf He's going to Sydney's going to Brisbane in Melbourne, go see Lloyd love you, Lloyd bye bye.
Speaker 2: I'd have to drink wine with him.
Speaker 3: It's a text from Hello, Ah, she's bad but your mother?
Speaker 2: No, okay, just mothers in general. Do you know what we say? There's no difference or division or divide between the mothers. There is one universal mother.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 2: And if anyone's in your.
Speaker 3: Apple side of vinegar jar, oh yeah, the mother.
Speaker 2: I don't like the mother. Do you say you should drink the mother's supposed to drink the mother? Now I don't like the mother. I find the mother creepy. And also you know when people make com butcher, Yeah, that creepy thing is called the mother of Kate.
Speaker 3: I've kicked off before on this podcast about how the incident always tells me to use apple side of vinegar to clean stuff. The new one is buy carbs.
Speaker 2: Also amaze, they go together, but it doesn't do anything. You supposed to soak your you want to have to.
Speaker 3: Do you want to clean things twice? Then use these ingredients because it doesn't do it on the first go.
Speaker 2: Okay, so on the when you it's really good for a couple.
Speaker 3: Of things, well, I don't know what those things are. I'll tell you not cleaning.
Speaker 2: If you've I don't imagine you ever fry so deeply and ferociously that stuff gets stuck to the bottom of the pan. Or bake in an oven and make sticky chicken ribs, or we make sticky things ham and the pants are sticky.
Speaker 3: I've glazed a few things in our time.
Speaker 2: If you can't get that pan clean, you just put bi carb on it, sprinkle it some water, and put it on a low heat.
Speaker 3: See, I don't I just don't believe it.
Speaker 2: But it does it.
Speaker 3: It always has to do it. It just doesn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I want things that make me dizzy. I want forever chemicals all over everything. I want my dishes to taste like dish washing liquor.
Speaker 2: And that horrible smell when you open it. Alan Lewis is always doing this, and for some reason he always does as it does it at tea time when I open the oven and suddenly this is acrid smell because I've just flicked it onto preheat and he's decided to clean the oven. He doesn't like twice a year with chemicals, and then he always goes, it's not chemicals, it's acid. I'm like I'm pretty sure that.
Speaker 3: Sign me up.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure up.
Speaker 3: Or live to eighty five because I use bi carb soda to scrub everything fifty times. I'll take seventy.
Speaker 2: Five secrets from the aged. Imagine if that was one of them, they lived to eighty five because of the soda and they Yeah. Anyway, text from Mum.
Speaker 3: It's a text from so.
Speaker 2: I've got to show you this picture.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's a guy with a big bald head and his eyes look like two ping pong balls.
Speaker 3: It looks fake shoved.
Speaker 2: In his in his in his sockets with eyeballs painted on them.
Speaker 3: We'll check it on our Insta.
Speaker 2: But they're really his proper eyes. And this is the message. This is from Todd and his He said, mother strikes again. Now what message from this slightly demented looking guy. He's got the goat, the goggly ping pong ball painted eyes bulging out. Well, no, they look like that. I think they're just his eyeballs. Okay, but they look like ping pong balls with something painted on them, with eyeballs painted on them. Watching Britain's got talent. This guy did weird things with his eyes. I know yours weren't that weird? But reminded me of your eye? Think hope all good with you guys?
Speaker 3: Kiss it's a text from you weird. I think?
Speaker 2: How like these guy's eyes are so weird, They're so weird, they're so weird that they got him onto an international talent show that shows off people's talents and creepy his eyes.
Speaker 3: There's no sentence more than such a mum sentence reminded me of your your.
Speaker 2: How do they manage to do us if I'm not expecting it?
Speaker 3: Now? I want to know what he's eye thing is.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say it to Todd us of your weird eye. I am so back.
Speaker 3: My autumn depression is nowhere to be seen. It's gone, absolutely gone.
Speaker 2: And our money back guarantee.
Speaker 3: If you have depression, we will drive it out of you.
Speaker 2: Like was it Jesus who drove demonized herd of swine over the cliff?
Speaker 3: No, that wasn't Jesus.
Speaker 2: What's that Jesus? Who was it?
Speaker 3: I have no memory of.
Speaker 2: Quickly google it Jesus.
Speaker 3: With a flock of pigs over a cliff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they were swine. You know, the Bible loves the word swine.
Speaker 3: I don't think that was Jesus.
Speaker 2: Someone drove a demonized herd of swine over a cliff.
Speaker 3: I mean you might be right. I don't think you are.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe not. Because Jesus was also on the cliff when Satan offered him all the riches of the world below. He said, all of the look at this. They were looking out over everything.
Speaker 3: The light touches is yours, oh camp.
Speaker 6: Jesus asked the demon for his name, and he has told my name is Legion. Many legion, legions. Ns be Jesus not to send them away, but instead to send them into the send them into the pigs on the nearby hillside.
Speaker 3: I wasn't paying attention that week in church, but you were during the Lion King. What so I'm the only person who gets Simba and Jesus mixed up.
Speaker 2: We're bucked.
Speaker 3: I'm bloody bucked.
Speaker 2: And back next week. Tell your friends come along. Hello. The buck Up podcast is hosted by me Kate Lanebrook and him Nath Valvo. It's produced by the brilliant Sasha French. Audio and sound by the magnificent Jack Lawrence you might call him Jack and Dom Evans. Oh, We're lucky,