Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I am. I know you girls are just getting into it, but you've just started Blow Deck. I've been into it for a little while.
Speaker 2: To be honest. I was like, I'm going to see what all the fuss is about, maybe two years ago, because everyone's talking about it. This is such a wildly, hugely popular show. And I'm not gonna lie. Not many reality shows getting hooked and I was no pun intended hook line.
Speaker 1: And I don't say sinker. That's the last thing you want of the Blow franchise and that boat to go out of the ocean. We love the season. If you're a watcher, you will know Captain Sandy. She's the only female captain in the entire franchise. She's been on since season two. She's back a brand new season streaming on Hey are you now, Doctor Sandy? Welcome Captain, thank you. We've got to ask back for another season. What keeps you coming back more and more and more every season? You're a fan favorite these days.
Speaker 3: Well, I love being a captain. I love running boats, and I love training the crew because as you see, I get a lot of green crew, so that's like it's the best job on the planet.
Speaker 4: I think I also, I mean I saw in a recent interview you were saying that you originally didn't know if you wanted to do the show because you were kind of worried about what that could do to your reputation or how it could be perceived. How like, I mean, obviously it's played out very, very well for you, but there's surely there must be moments where you're like, Wow, how is this my life? Now?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, I wasn't sure about doing the show, and now I thought to myself, when a door of opportunity opens, I'll walk through it because I think I can always turn around and walk back out. So I did that. I had no idea at the level of popularity the show would take. I was clueless completely. And now it's it's a different life, a good life, but it's you know, I had to adjust.
Speaker 2: But Sandy, you've been in the maritime I mean industry for thirty odd years. When you say you're worried about this affecting your reputation, I would assumed that with that much experience, your reputation is already really solid. Are you worried about it because of the drama that unfolds on the show, Do you thought that like other captains would look at you like you are less.
Speaker 3: Than No, it's about the owners that hire you, right, it's very salacious the show. The owners are very private. It wasn't about the crew or the industry. It was more about getting hired by an individual. Someone's been on a TV show. So yeah, because you know we sign NDA's the privacy is very strict on board, especially with the owners.
Speaker 4: Did any of these come as as surprise to you though, I mean, knowing that you've worked in the industry for so long, were you already kind of thinking like, Wow, a lot of drama happens on these boats, Like a lot of drama happens between the crew, and like this is a story to be told.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it actually happened. It's it happens every day at sea. I just ask any captain that's not on below decks. You go through crew, then you find the crew that actually stay. You just have to pay the good ones more money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, family, I'm sure sure you know here's a potential spin off. It might already exist. To be honest with you, I think a great spin off would be blowed deck like you know, no elderly, like an old.
Speaker 4: Ye, you can do it.
Speaker 1: You can because people always die on these cruises, you got.
Speaker 4: It's not a story anyone wants to explore on these old people cruisers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of the big cruise ships have and you'd know captain that that. Obviously they have morgs on these big ships for when people die.
Speaker 3: It's true, yes, of course, and we put them in the freezer.
Speaker 1: So have you done that?
Speaker 2: No? No, Sandy, who's the most famous person that maybe you're allowed to tell us you've ever had a da Well?
Speaker 3: Johnny Damon is a famous baseball player, had Gigi Fernandez? Who was you know, she's a gold medalist like time after time again, and you know, like athletes, but the celebrities, yeah, we signed an NDA, so lots of them.
Speaker 2: You just can't say.
Speaker 1: That's when I'm well, Our beautiful Brittany here just got engaged this week on a captain on a.
Speaker 2: Yacht can youngratulations, thank you the love of my life, my Swiss boyfriend. Yes, he proposed on a super yacht. Do you get many proposals happening all the time?
Speaker 3: Special? That's the way to do it more special. I mean he charted a yacht. Yes, you to marry him. That's pretty special.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, actually speaking of is.
Speaker 3: The word super in front of it?
Speaker 4: So was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way my story goes, it was a super yoch.
Speaker 1: It was a beautiful Hey, you just got married yourself. What happent on with that wedding. I've got some photos in front of me, absolutely gorgeous. You are both wearing white. It's stunning you now you know, got a beautiful wife.
Speaker 3: Yes, it changed my life. Like I had no idea. We had been together five years. I was like, what's the big deal, Like, okay, so then and it happened, and it was life changing. I just wish I could capture that moment and keep it for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're so glad we saw you like, you look so happy you and you are beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 3: If you want.
Speaker 1: To get now the Captain also the doctor in my eyes, you can do it all. Uh, the one on Ellie Captain Sandy. But it's now streaming the new season on Hey you if you want to give it a watch. It's incredible.