Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one in four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything, gig Hey, This.
Speaker 2: Is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast Gold one at four point three Friday morning. Good morning, Rio, good morning. Welcome to your weekend, Patrina, Joe and.
Speaker 1: Yours to Christian. What are you up to, Patty?
Speaker 3: It's Audrey's birthday. Oh, I've got a fourteen year old. Oh wow, my strength got you get into teens now?
Speaker 1: Congratulations?
Speaker 3: Very different party. Yes, So we have a party every sort of second year, and so we said to it, well, it's very expensive, you have it every year. So we said to her, what do you want to do this year? Like, what did you have in mind? And she said, you know, mom, I just want to go shopping with the girls. So she's going shopping.
Speaker 1: Very strong and they have any of you one of the girls.
Speaker 3: No, So this is the thing. So we're having a lunch.
Speaker 1: I saw a lord chair so.
Speaker 2: Breaking slowly.
Speaker 3: So there is a lunch before and Chris insisted last night no, not lang, just at the local piece of shop.
Speaker 1: Wow, So you can have the lang them every week.
Speaker 2: Your daughter turning this significant birthday, just took the local pizza mom and dad.
Speaker 3: Chris thought, he said, if we booked the table. I said, yes, yes, it's all done, and Audrey goes, Dad, you're not you realize you and mum aren't on the table.
Speaker 2: With all of this, I remember suddenly being at that point where you would drop and go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he sort of like, get a clue, Chris, He's, well, like it was genuinely.
Speaker 1: Shocked us with us there. It's still you understand, but it's hard. Yes, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I remember when we had one of those can you just drop and go and then you have to sort of you have to then come back and obviously pay.
Speaker 1: He just then it picks up for stuff.
Speaker 2: Then it's like, come on the car around the court, don't park out the front either.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't even have a seat at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: You don't want us there are style.
Speaker 3: So we might go to the movies and see Karate Kid.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yes, I really want to see that. Oh that's a good time for awesome. Everyone's happy with that.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I hope it's good.
Speaker 1: Is it good? I don't know, it's had great reviews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, so we're fine, and tell me this, how do you having a fourteen year old daughter?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: You know? I, oh, gosh, You've got me on the fly because I feel it's just this rush of you know, I didn't know that things were going to be for the last time. So we're feeling that very very strongly, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to get emotional.
Speaker 3: And next year she might be looking at doing exchange overseas and that that for me, like I'm actually feeling myself flushing up. It's fly, birdie, fly. I want her to have. Of course, all those experiences.
Speaker 2: Still breaks, but it's the right kind of heartbreak, I know, I know, heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: How how has it gone so fast?
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you now as well, just save everything and there are suddenly that all these lasts so you don't even know they are the last. But also you've got all these you've got all these firsts as well. I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: And that's what people forget.
Speaker 2: We're very good at knowing what we're going to miss, but you don't really think about what you're going to get.
Speaker 1: And there are loads of really great firsts all coming up as well.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing that was such a mishmash because especially as both you know, busy working parents, you are just it's like a marathon, especially doing you know, breakfast.
Speaker 1: Hours, it's just running a business together.
Speaker 3: It really was. It was just getting to Friday and then you've got the weekend to rest and recuperate, and so you kind of felt like it was a rush of first steps. And Chris said to me the other night, actually he said, I don't remember Audrey starting to crawl. How did she crawl? I know she didn't like it wasn't trueuditional law force. He said, I don't remember it. And I said, don't feel bad because I don't remember her first stick.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't know. I know.
Speaker 2: It's really frightening. And you suddenly think, oh my god, I'm now like my parents. You get any going. How could you not remember that?
Speaker 3: I should remember that? And I feel like a bad parent for it. It's like if only if you could just have that that time there. Yeah, I think everyone feels the same do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's incredible, But what I will say is like they put too much emphasis on like you know, Gole's camping trips with your kids. But I caught it like quality junk time. And actually some of the some of the best times with the girls, they just want you to hang out with them. It isn't really about what you're doing. And so some of my favorite memories really my time being a dad, it's actually just been on a couch, laughing, watching TV with snacks. The fact if that if I had to choose how I ended this world, it'd be on a couch with the kids, snacks and a glass of wine as well, it will be doing that that, So just save all Yeah, and also you've got loads more You've got loads more time ahead.
Speaker 3: It just you know, it feels like it's slipping through.
Speaker 2: My favor And also I stood also know we're dealing with Ruby's turning twenty one in a couple of weeks time. So actually I'm having to sort of what I'm saying to you as one to say, just remind yourself that you're lucky that you've got kids that have made it this far. Yes, you know, because there are so many parents that actually get so far into it and that have access. And so I'm also counter my blessings. I've got an eighteen year old and an almost twenty one year old. Wow, what a ride. Yeah, I just have so much gratitude.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, but wow, we so she might be leaving for a while.
Speaker 3: Next year, yeah, next year, sometime next year. I think it's around Easter time.
Speaker 2: So let's make sure we all take that time off the show to you listener as well, maybe we do a separate radio show, but tel pounds alway, because we're all going to be going through that, they're all going to be going through that fly bony fly.
Speaker 3: I've got along serviocely up my sleep.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, you must probably be in touched like two hundred years.
Speaker 3: Maybe a'll go.
Speaker 1: That was meant as a joke.
Speaker 2: Lady following us around this Italian market looks awfully like your mum in a Berets. Well, i'll tell you what. Enjoy the weekend and enjoy it, will I will? Yeah, you know, you're a great mum. She's lucky to have you.
Speaker 1: And Chris's parents we're very lucky to have her.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: They just surprise you sometimes by some of the things they say, and you think, wow, you're so mature, And I don't know why. We think we kind of not talk down to them, but we probably don't give them. I don't know the not the gratitude, but the benefit of what they what they're taking in and how they're seeing the world. And you know, really it's our it's our benefit because we've learned so much through her and see the.
Speaker 2: World's honestly, that's such a true thing. The biggest teachers in my life for my kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Still I've learned more about myself through being a parent. And also when you drop off tomorrow and she doesn't want you there, that's a sign that you've done a good joint, honestly, because you do see other kids that aren't there, and I actually feel sorry for them because actually that's not doing it right. If you've done it healthy, they should feel really loved and safe when you're not there.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be that they have to have you around to feel safe. Exactly.
Speaker 2: So, even though you will be a bit like bloody ell, go and join the us out karate kit. Yeah yeah, don'gla bub that's her karate kit. They're going day drinking again in that ninety all right, we'll get into double thumbs up coming up next to Patsy enjoying tomorrow and hebe already has a great birthday all right. Coming up in next tent and Gold one I four point three. We'll get into this week's double thumbs up when we go around the team and who what the things that we're enjoying this week it's Gold.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast