Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're all dog owners. How do you think your dogs will get on some sort of pet display show?
Speaker 3: M My dog doesn't like other dogs anymore. All she cares about is fetching. As soon as another dog comes to talk to her at the park, she'll bear her teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our shepherds that all they care about is that ball we now I have to give our shepherd dog nishe just the ball. The moment the house and she's getting in the car that where she's got the balls from that we're playing fetch. She's happy, but she has to have it, even on my way there. She just it's all about. They don't want to chat to that. I don't think you know, we think that, Oh they must know it's another one of their type. They don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: No, they absolutely don't care. They don't no social animals are they party? How do you think your big old beast will get on?
Speaker 4: Well, our first Maremma, Charlie. We went to that pet show once ages ago and because they had I heard we were doing ads. They do like a best in show, but for members of the public.
Speaker 2: So anyone must be Karnis no discipline.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no no. You don't have to be on the show's circuit.
Speaker 3: But you parade them the same as that you were a dog show.
Speaker 4: Any old much, any old much. So I said to Christina, what I think I want to into Charlie's like all right, So we took him along, got him groomed like three hours.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The guy came with the van and.
Speaker 3: His ladder at the top of the dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nails everything. He looked magnificent. Got him a new lead. We're very exciting. Anyway, he got in, so he was in the large dog section and he.
Speaker 2: Was against ponies and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, they do like one lap and then he stops, and.
Speaker 2: So who was going in as his handy? Chris?
Speaker 4: Chris did it? Yes?
Speaker 2: Did you have a conversation about that? Why was it sort of? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes. And we had to get like Chris had to have an outfit. Everything had to be like a bow tie and like, well, anyway, so he did like one lap and the judge there was about eight judges.
Speaker 2: It's Chris jogging along sign you see where they were.
Speaker 4: Just walking, just walking, not too profresh. And the next thing Charlie Squatt's, and I thought, oh, please, no, don't and he did the biggest number two, the biggest number two. Anyway, there were signs clearly on the ring owners must clean up naturally after they were animals. Anyway, Chris didn't know what to do, and I'm like, I'm trying to get not to yell at him, but signal to him. You need to pick that up. Anyway, and all the confusion, Charlie stepped back and stepped in the poo. So now the pooh.
Speaker 2: Is so much actually still talk about it. They didn't cancel all future plans of this because of the newman's coming down.
Speaker 4: Anyway, guess who judged it. So they had a celebrity judge on the day and it was Grubby Rubby was.
Speaker 2: The chilant laugh. This is the fate that befalls me. I guarantee for the next five years, I'll be doing a livery Come say hi, I'm Christian. I've got in the Melbourne bed Show this weekend, just judging best in show. No training needed here, your animal crap anywhere.
Speaker 4: Well, anyway, he was disqualified, not Grubby.
Speaker 2: Charlie was Grubby hadn't squatted down Charlie was disqualified, probably because Chris didn't clean up after him.
Speaker 4: But then Grubby had his beautiful old samoid there I forget its name anyway, had his samoid there, and it took exception to Charlie didn't. These two did not did not like one another anyway. There was a bit of a dog fight in the middle of the ring at the end of the event.
Speaker 3: Wait, Grubby's the judge and he's a competitor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know what happened.
Speaker 2: I wonder who won this, Grubby.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who won it, Grubby samoid one.
Speaker 2: I'm demanding a royal commission.
Speaker 4: I know, yes, the samoid one.
Speaker 2: We can't pay you much, but we.
Speaker 1: Can The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Fatsy, what's your six word week?
Speaker 4: Yes, I went to bed with a stranger yesterday. I was just in the shopping center and they had a pop up mattress or bedding sort of shop.
Speaker 2: No, you don't get you don't. That is not where you make a big decision from a pop up place. You know what.
Speaker 4: I bought a bed yesterday.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 2: You are the marks. That's what they call people like you, an easy mark. Who gets it. It's a big decision.
Speaker 3: Every time I see those people, especially the mattress, I think, who is getting sucked into that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: You know what it was afterwords, I was really tired and I thought, you know what.
Speaker 2: The bed right now, just give it to me for two hours.
Speaker 4: It's like and you're like, I want to wear him out of the store, but we are in the market for a new bed on.
Speaker 2: Can I just ask this Patsy, was Chris with you because that's your joint.
Speaker 4: No it wasn't he was at work, of course.
Speaker 2: No, you need to get on that mattress.
Speaker 4: So it's just this just this guy here selling it, right.
Speaker 2: So I said, look, I have a pop up store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I said, if I'm going to have to lie down, he said please, And he said, you know, these beds are what the astronauts they embedded for the astronauts in.
Speaker 2: Space don't even lie down. You can't zero zero gravity. They're strapped into something.
Speaker 4: And I thought, well, they must be good. Let's see for myself.
Speaker 3: The last person on the planet that you want testing your bed because they've got no gravity holding them down to the mattress.
Speaker 2: Whereas you have we ever seen the space station and someone there with the lights out getting ten hours on a temper pede bed.
Speaker 4: I thought, if it's good enough for the space station, it's good enough for pats So I said, let me have a lay down. So I put on my pa an astronaut, and I thought, I come here are you go? No, I thought this, this is magnificent, But I said, one thing I am concerned about is partner disturbance because my husband comes to bed after me and usually plunks himself down while he plugs his phone in and wakes me up. So I said, you're going to have to, like, would you mind sitting on the other side of the bed so I can see no anyway, they.
Speaker 2: Come on, Patsy, not one of these people into stuff, and now my husband will off, and then that might lead to something else. If it feels like that, take your trousers off, turn the lights out.
Speaker 4: I said, you're gonna have to plunk yourself down, like really get into it, like really.
Speaker 2: Plunk that commission. That poor guy going on today.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I was so impressed to put the deposit down right then and there. It's coming in six weeks.
Speaker 2: Why is it bad for my pop pup price? What did Chris say?
Speaker 4: Well, I said last he said, how is your day and I said, oh good. He said what did you do? And I said, I bought a bed and he said what, I bought a bed And he said, but I haven't laid in it yet, and I said, don't worry. The other guy has. It'll be fine.
Speaker 3: The Astronaut.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy has an incredible story that's a discovery and I guess maybe we've all been a situation. Aren't this where you see a note about yourself that you really wish you hadn't read, that you weren't meant to see it. Patsy share this.
Speaker 4: I had to pick up Audi's dry cleaning going back to school yesterday. They wear for they're in winter uniform now after Easter they wear a beautiful woolen kilt and they wear.
Speaker 2: A kilt castle.
Speaker 3: You wear a highland's dancer in your youth, Yes, a special home.
Speaker 4: No, it's coincidental that they have a kilt for their uniform. Anyway, I'm very particular, probably because of the way I was brought up, because I did do highland dancing and my mother was very particular about the the the plates when you took it to the dry cleaners. No, no, no, and all the checks of the particular tartans. The lines have to match up anyway.
Speaker 2: But Academy King's Coronation, they get uniform inspections at the gate.
Speaker 3: Some days people aren't measuring the right angle of the Yeah it's out west Ay, just because it's out where.
Speaker 4: Anyway. So I am a little particular. But apparently fussy is the new word for specific, because when I dropped it off to get done, I said to the lovely lady at our local dry cleaner, who listens to the show I might add, I said, I listen. Can you just make sure you know how fussy I am with the plates? And she said, yeah, that's fine, no worries, I'll let them know.
Speaker 3: We wait, what do you want them to do with the plates? They're just cleaning the company.
Speaker 4: Well I did go once and they're a bit crooked and it just didn't sit right.
Speaker 2: What have you got like a teat measure in your pocket to the naked eye, the double chet that's not one mimeter of They iron in new.
Speaker 4: Creases today, No, not new creses.
Speaker 2: You don't do that, not in my one when I get the uniform shop. They're just cleaning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, both, but it needs to be pressed correctly, right, don't laugh anyway. So I didn't notice. I got it, got it out of the bag to hang up on the door yesterday or yesterday morning, on the way to work for her, and I didn't see They've put this big yellow tab note pinned onto the kilt. I was so embarrassed. And they've written handwritten, very fussy customer exclamation pleads to be pressed in capital shup. And I felt I wanted the ground to swallow me up, I.
Speaker 2: Thought, but very neatly, such where the and then iron it closed, press it goes as I've been swallowed up by that ground.
Speaker 4: I didn't think I was. I thought I had to go through my mind. What the conversation I had with this lady was that.
Speaker 2: Thing about the exactly you've been taking Jack and Im through.
Speaker 4: I wasn't no, I wasn't rude.
Speaker 2: I just want to close my eyes. And it's like a bubble bub Jack. Is everyone listening right now? If it's safe, just take a moment. What three words written on that note again.
Speaker 4: Very fussy customer exclamation pleas to be pressed in capital's sharp. So apparently being specific or saying exactly what it is that you expect is now.
Speaker 2: So this is about Is this about semantics?
Speaker 4: Yes, of course it is.
Speaker 3: But also imagine it going out of the shop and you remember to take that yellow slip off the.
Speaker 2: I still not miss Fussy the worst person.
Speaker 4: He said, they could have at least taken it off before you left the shop.
Speaker 2: Do you think in any way they meant to leave it on?
Speaker 3: No to this customer, actually a smart move.
Speaker 2: Is it worth the money?
Speaker 3: An amazing an amazing moment both sides them letting go out and for you to see it incredible.
Speaker 2: Thank you for sharing.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast, Patsy, how's you?
Speaker 4: You know what? I'd had enough yesterday. We've got we're a bit old school. We've got a filing cabinet in our study that we shove same here. Yeah, you know you've got you feel very important when you've got a filing cab.
Speaker 3: What are the ones that luck so that nobody can get absolutely?
Speaker 4: You know what's funny when you say.
Speaker 2: I have to be I'm not joking about this, right, I have to be supervised when I go away near it. Sarah go, what's what's you looking for? It's actually the clerk and some sort of craze chief executor doesn't know what he's doing. If you just tell me what you're looking for, I'll get it for you. I see. Don't start rummaging around in there. It's all in an order. It's all in an order there.
Speaker 4: It's funny you say lockjack, because a few years ago I was on this saving frenzy and I thought, this is it. I'm going to actually be really disciplined, and I'm going to have any spare cash on the old occasion, and I'm going to put it in this filing cabinet that you can wait. But I got a money box. I went to Office Week's bought one of those petty cash locks and it's like a little girl's jewelry box size. Anyway, Chris opened the door and he goes, what on earth is this? And I'd put our passports in there, and there was like fifty bucks, and I said, oh, you'll be surprised. That'll grow that little nest egg. That'll be like by the end of the year, that'll be like a little speed And he picks it up in under his thumb and he goes, seriously, do you think if we ever get burgled, it's.
Speaker 2: Not exactly what you've done is you've pre packed all your stuff. We put the passports together with the cash. Now, traditionally people might spread the house, not the new one, and.
Speaker 3: Don't they have a plastic transparent lid to show you exactly.
Speaker 4: You know what it's got. It's got a little tray inside the.
Speaker 2: Coins, because then you meant to like high stuff underneath it, like James Bond.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So this filing cabinet, it's got to the point, you know which I just chuck like bills in there.
Speaker 2: That one of those big old like as tall as you find.
Speaker 4: It's like the ones we've got here that it's quite handy, like a little squat one that goes in under the desk, got nice and neat, and you know it's got our will in there, it's got our insurance documents, all that important stuff when you're an adult. But it was so full. I said to christof had this, I'm going to clean this out. I'm sure there is stuff in here.
Speaker 2: Who did anyone choose to do that? Randomly choose?
Speaker 4: It was annoying me. There you couldn't even close the drawer. There was like I said, that's it. I'm going to clean this out, and he goes, just be careful, there's really importance. I said, I know, excuse me, I think I know what I'm doing. You'll never guess. It was like an Aladdin's fave of stuff that he has kept. There was tax returns from like the late nineties.
Speaker 2: There was somebody. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There was his work contracts of I mean all his jobs, even his like casual job at Cole's when he was school at school.
Speaker 2: I need that one day after me.
Speaker 4: And there was also pictures. You know, he had a colonoscopy, his last colonoscopy, right, yeah, the surgeon.
Speaker 2: Him and the surgeon before and after how it started.
Speaker 4: They send you Now it's too much detail in life. When they send you the report, say that's good, it's all clear. He he the surgeon had attached photos of the couple that went in or some the polyps of the love God's actual colon. It's like a little that's why you go and.
Speaker 2: Backside and they.
Speaker 3: Just lessed up a photo.
Speaker 2: They you've been at Disneyland. You're on your old long ride, you know, with your arms in the air. Screaming. Chris is on his side with a tube of ad.
Speaker 4: Up his backside, and I'm looking and I'm.
Speaker 3: Thinking, why they did a drawer. They should be.
Speaker 2: Office works. Got a nice gilt edged frame round there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast