Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no Common show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack has brought himself. Heall of a jacket, Thank you, Helen Jack. It's a puffer jacket, but not like a puffer like your eye, my own. This is a mass hoof. It's so big it's the shoulders come down your arm.
Speaker 3: No, that's the puffing. No it is.
Speaker 1: It's about three sizes too big. It looks like it was a.
Speaker 2: Very It's like Andre the Giant used to wear this in the eighties when ice washed denim was a thing for the ice.
Speaker 3: It's a denim puffer and it's actually my size because the sleeves fit perfectly, goes hangs at my hips.
Speaker 1: The pansy hips.
Speaker 2: It's also got a highly elasticated way that brings it all in.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's meant to be big around the shoulders because it's a puffer to keep me warm in winter. And it's doing a great job. It's looking cool. It's keeping me stug and hey, he know more bad words about it.
Speaker 2: It's just the denim isn't a dark, normal gene denimen. It's a very light. It is that eighties ice wash, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's like a powder blue. Yeah, that's why it's made powder blue. Yeah, but it's cool. It's just because you say, has he got a hoodie on it?
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't need a hood turn around.
Speaker 4: Let me look at the back.
Speaker 1: That's that's the problem.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: Did you steal it? You've got a security tag on the bank.
Speaker 3: That's the problem. They left the security I've got the receipt. I paid full price for this. They left the security.
Speaker 2: Tag, or they did because they were too busy laughing there were going get a photo. Dudes just walked out with it. He thinks he's in Dynasty. Alexis Carrington has just left the store.
Speaker 3: They weren't laughing at it. It was very a very normal purchase, very normal purchase from the men's side of the store. They've left that magnetic tag that sets the and it's from down in Chadston, an hour away from me. What a pain to get down there and get this goddamn tag off.
Speaker 1: Or get a refund for the whole thing, A proper.
Speaker 4: Say on it.
Speaker 1: It was a pretty petty.
Speaker 3: It's probably the most I've ever spent on the jacket.
Speaker 1: But what a jacket. What a jacket?
Speaker 3: So I need to get this off can you get this off now yourself?
Speaker 1: No, people must try.
Speaker 2: I once took a knife to a jumper that had one those The security tag he's got has one of those really big ones.
Speaker 1: There's not a small round.
Speaker 5: It's that horrible magnetic thing that they behind the counter. They have that special machine in a couple of times, don't they. It's been left on and there must be ways to try and get that out. There must be something you can do.
Speaker 4: Hasn't it got dye in it?
Speaker 3: So if you do try to try?
Speaker 2: Nothing about being in the pool. I actually know that the horrible die has already gone off on the jacket.
Speaker 3: Come on in all I'm gonna I can't wait to wear this jacket properly.
Speaker 2: But please, please gonna be with you the first time you walked down.
Speaker 1: That's great. People are going, oh my god, it's a time trailer. Where's it? DeLorean?
Speaker 3: I need to get the magnetic tag off anyway?
Speaker 1: Need to get a pupa jacket.
Speaker 3: Is there anywhere I can do it at home?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Is there any way to get a security tag one of those big knobby ones out? This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Joining me on today's show is my Canadian penpal from nineteen eighty seven from Ontario.
Speaker 7: What a beautiful I Stenham puffer jacket you've come in. Thank you, triple excel. The laughing Kanook Jack bought a jacket yesterday.
Speaker 3: And yes, I'll admit I've gone bold, and I knew I was going bold at the time, but I think I'm pulling it off.
Speaker 1: Bold is not what that is.
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 1: No, I will salute boldness every day. That is not bold.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know to describe it. It is a puffer jacket and unnecessarily large puffa jacket.
Speaker 3: Well it's always need to be.
Speaker 1: But this is this is excessive puffed. All right, there's too much puff in this.
Speaker 3: And it's a denim puff. Wow.
Speaker 2: But jenemy, you think dark dawn and this is a light light light pass. You said, what powder blue?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like an ice blue.
Speaker 3: And now the team is saying that I'm not pairing it with my pants properly.
Speaker 2: No, you need a white pair of jaggings, beg jeds, begg judders. In later she has some white you need white jaggings with that. No, yes, actually it's the only thing that will go with that.
Speaker 3: Oh and cool black jeans tomorrow and then I will have this jacket on and you guys will go.
Speaker 4: Have you also noticed the T shirt today has the cuffs rolled up to show the gun.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I don't even want to mention it anymore. It would be into the first song and he looked down, like, wait a minute, this isn't right to do the radio show. James Ding needs to get the look right. I never went out, of.
Speaker 3: Course, guys, Come on, guys, guy fashion in the you guys look at the fifties.
Speaker 1: He's coming back strong, all right.
Speaker 2: So he's got the shacurity tag in it, the team selling it, and we're laughing so hard they could believe they've actually sold one of these beasts.
Speaker 3: I've actually quite annoyed that they've left this one because it's a great household for me. Chadston's an hour away if I was to take this back and get the tag removed.
Speaker 2: So all right, so how can you remove one of those big old grain knobbly security tags?
Speaker 1: Dale? Good morning?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: Hell are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Dale? So you've been a shoplift for twenty years? What do you do?
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, No, no, no, I work at Chadstone I heard the problem, so I thought i'd call through and say, do not try to take it off at home.
Speaker 9: Do not do this at home.
Speaker 3: But whatever you've got behind the canter there, that little thing that you touch it to, surely I can do something like that at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does it can change? What is the technology you use?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's got a magnet in it.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 9: The only don't try it at home. The only thing I could think of was that you walk down do your cat walk down Richmond shops and see if you could wander into one of the stores and say, hey, are you Maganet?
Speaker 1: I would be frightened of them, Actually you were.
Speaker 3: Actually I could probably go into any retail store and they might do it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, magnet behind the council.
Speaker 3: They've all got this, the little thing.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, they've got all these into like a magnet thing. But people try to do it at home all the time, because I work up at Maya at Chadstone and.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, and they wrecked the outfit, don't they.
Speaker 9: They wreck it. Yeah, it's not so much to die anymore, but it's actually, yeah, they try to get players and then turn it, but then it always manages to rip the fabric. So yeah, don't take it. I said I would gladly take it back for you, but yeah, I live probably too far as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, thank you very much, you help?
Speaker 2: Okay, by Johnny, there you go on, guys, Johnny, can we get this thing out?
Speaker 3: You know why?
Speaker 6: Look I worked in retail for twelve years and if I ever found them laying around the store, they were always burnt off. So they've been melted.
Speaker 3: People do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but look I've never done it myself, but that's that's how we found them. So maybe we're a wider. But I mean, judging from the lady, from the from the quarters before, it's probably not a good idea to do that at home with a little one.
Speaker 3: How long would that take? Seeing with a big lighter trying to melt plastic off?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I have to if you give it a shot, you let us know the chemistry teacher.
Speaker 1: We'll have a Bunsen burner.
Speaker 6: You know what I've got remember would work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Remember we did that competition where we gave away the welding equipment, the welding in that blow torch, and I thought, why could I.
Speaker 1: I'm an idiot, But even I realized that is a term idea. What you want me to get a welder? You get a welding torch? Why do you wear it? We're both we're both going a big puffball.
Speaker 2: The last word of only our shoes are all made Sam, Good morning, morning guy Sam. How can we remove this security tag?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 8: I also worked in retail for many years and something that we have actually found around the store with empty tags is just a giant magnet.
Speaker 3: Our big is giant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, how can you just wander around Meyer or like something's worth seats for megamagnet?
Speaker 8: No, like the size of your hands. I know, I've seen a lot of people that, like you'd be surprised to how many people steals in retail and they all talk and a lot of them like find places online to buy these big magnets.
Speaker 2: Really, so we need a big magnet. We did you speak to a listener once out of thirty ton man?
Speaker 3: That's right, he used to build thirty ton magnets for mining company.
Speaker 2: He'd empty would have chatter with that mixing, wouldn't he all the security.
Speaker 1: Tax he'd popping off all with the clothes. Well, we just need a mega magnet. Basically. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean even the size of your hand is a big magnet.
Speaker 2: I don't tell you who got a load of them. And the old nerds down the other in the building. Yeah, no, the engineers.
Speaker 3: What are they using for?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I might be making up things here, but I'm pretty sure they have things like magnets in filings and that. Where you go down there, they're always they're building something. They're up to something down there. I think they're a sleeper sell.
Speaker 1: I bet you they've got a megamagnet.
Speaker 2: If not, does anyone work with a giant magnet? Can Jack stop it today and remove his security tag? Let him come around your office. It will cheer everyone up to seeing this jacket. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You Carl and Brighter know you're listening to the question, you know.
Speaker 6: Carl's Show Podcast