Speaker 1: On Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Sweety Pies, We Love the Potty. Coming up though, discussing a bit of an anthropological sociological statement that was made on TikTok about handholding and what that says about your relationship and how happy you are to beat in it. Now, this could all be conjecture, but it's important to know that people's opinions are valid. Are they factual? Not quite sure, but some of the points that were made gobbled gobbled.
Speaker 1: And ate you're with Flex and Fromes. Let's go. This is Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: On kit What do you think happens when a prison reaches capacity?
Speaker 1: Oh, they spill out sides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think happens? Like, let's say we can only admit fifty thousand people, and now we've got fifty five thousand, we just give them to other prisons.
Speaker 1: I reckon they start installing bunk beds something I'm going to end there.
Speaker 3: No, they like split the cells in half.
Speaker 2: To clarify. I guess the issue was like, the prison system is a system, it's a business. I mean, not all prison systems are business, but a lot of them are, And so what happens when there's an incentive to criminalize people and then you run out of space? Well, I was reading an article and by reading I read a headline, clicked in skimmed and was freaking out and had to close the browser. But what I did gather I wrote some notes on So I was like, wait, what's the difference between a prison and a jail?
Speaker 1: I'm really confused.
Speaker 2: A jail is where you get held as they determine what your crime is and how long you'll be in prison for.
Speaker 3: Are you sure they don't call it prison in Australia? Well not, this is not Australian Oh okay, oh what do we call it?
Speaker 1: Gael? Not the old Melbourne Gael?
Speaker 2: The convicts. Anyway, to clarify, a public prison is not a profit generating entity and the end goal is to house incarcerated individuals in an attempt to rehabilitate them or remove them from the streets. A prime at prison, on the other hand, is run by corporation or business, and that corporations end goals to profit in anything that they deal with.
Speaker 1: Speaking of profiting incentives, explained.
Speaker 2: So well, So, for example, let's say the public prison system is full. They need incentives to take these prisoners from you for a fee and will house them. Oh I see, and also prison labor. It's very explosive anyway, So UK prisons have an overcrowding problem, and so defendants who have been found guilty of serious crimes like assault and burglary will have to be weight he will just have to wait or be spared in jail. So now people who I mean, we're not arguing whether or not people should be put in prison or not, but the idea is because these crimes are now not considered a big deal because there's not enough space, these people who have done objectively bad things will just be like waiting around to be considered worthy or bad enough to go into prison. But it's like then why you punishing them anyway? And then also what ends up happening down they're doing like a rotation system, so they're going through the list and being like, who was that kind of not bad and shouldn't be here, But now we've got worse people you can make more money off, so we'll like let them go. I just everything feels like a story book. It is so anyway, people's literal sentences are being postponed, or they're just deciding that the issue isn't big enough to be criminalized anymore and just letting people go.
Speaker 1: I'd be pretty happy if that was you.
Speaker 3: Literally, there's so much to get out of jail free card. We are living in Monopoly.
Speaker 2: Cliches are real anyway. The decision comes after it was found that sixty percent of English jails are officially to full sixty percent, And you've got to wonder what comes first? Is everybody just a criminal or dot dot dot? You have flexing freoms on Cater.
Speaker 3: It's giving convicts babes, it's flexing freoms on cater. Honestly, sometimes I'm so surprised that we are actual human beings, therefore part of the animal kingdom.
Speaker 1: I get confused, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: I'm an animal with basic needs and internal drives that sometimes are'm not privy to. It's incredible. I found this TikTok, which is about ancient things that we still do. So things that we do that feel very natural, that we know our ancestors would have done in the ancient times.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know some of them? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Please, Mickey. I prefer if you put some meaningful music under.
Speaker 1: This is that strings?
Speaker 2: Is that percussion?
Speaker 3: Like any wistful emotional ringing bells. I want it to be more like so luvois lu kumbaya, stirring of the emotions in the gut. Okay, cleaning or wiping your bare feet allegedly feels quite prehistoric.
Speaker 1: Breaking off a piece of bread to handle someone.
Speaker 3: It's giving the long table with twelf people sitting on it.
Speaker 1: Cupping your hands into running water to wash your face.
Speaker 2: It's a big one.
Speaker 1: It's a big one.
Speaker 3: When an elderly woman laughs and grips your fore m tightly, forearm tightly, that's pretty prehistoric, am the time? When an elderly woman laughs and grips your four forearm tightly?
Speaker 1: Huh? You know the feeling epigenetically you understand, but not ancient.
Speaker 2: That feels very modern to me. Okay, laughing with the girlies.
Speaker 3: Touching someone's face with the back of your hand to see they have a fever. Yeah, you know. I'm weathered, so people don't don't get any ideas. If you see me on a train telling stories around a.
Speaker 1: Fire, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: Nothing's better than that. Marveling at sunlight through leaves. Yeah, I feel that and finally wonderment at the brightness of a full moon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these feel very Looking up always feels priest oric to me.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: Just trying to assess what the weather is doing when the clouds are rolling in.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: That all feels real? Ancient?
Speaker 1: It with flex and frimes on Kada. Britney Spears is my Roman Empire? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I think about Britney Spears probably once a day. Yes, she's listed on my feed, Yes she is my screensaver. But I just always wanted to be Britney Spears and I was growing up, so I think that still impacts me. Her highly anticipated memoir is out. It's called The Woman in Me and it reveals intimate details about her life, including her infidelity while dating Justin tim Blake and her relationship with drugs and alcohol.
Speaker 2: And this is where I'm confused, because for the last year people have been like, isn't she dead? Is she really alive? Well, she's just drumming up pr for the book release because I'm not understanding what Because from my understanding, it's not a huge Britney fan, so I don't follow her. She's not on my timeline. I don't really know what has happened. And if not for the conservativeship, I wouldn't have been across anything Britney. But when the conspiracy started coming out, it was because she was very active on social media and then she kind of disappeared and more information started coming out, and it was just painting her reality in such a disruptive light. The people just like she can't be okay, like she can't be, she can't be supported right now, who's looking out for her? But then now she's doing a book that's a tell all, and in order to really write a tell all, there's so much red tape, like you would have to you're putting yourself in so much legal strife in order to tell these things, which makes me seem that everything else to this date was just pr because like how when the whole world was like where is Brittany, what's up? Like why isn't she posting? Why hasn't she said anything like please quell our suspicions that you are well and not dead, she didn't say anything. And now she's writing a whole book talking about infidelity, drugs and alcohol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's because she was like gearing up for Yeah, That's why I went a bit silent when I'm writing my book.
Speaker 1: You can't silent. Help me out of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she shares some stuff about the Justin Timblake relationship. Yes, their first kiss was on the Mickey Mouse Club party set.
Speaker 2: Oh how old were they?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 2: We know?
Speaker 1: Like teenagers?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She claims to both her and Tim Blake run faithful. During some point in their three year relationship, she had an affair with the choreographer.
Speaker 2: This is just a lot to release to the world unprovoked, unless she didn't even write and she was set up.
Speaker 3: He broke her, broke up with her over text message. Justin Yeah, I was described as a harlot who'd broken the heart of America's golden boy. The truth is I was Combatos and Louisiana and he was happily running around Hollywood. All right.
Speaker 1: Her relationship with drugs and alcohol. I was thinking about this the other day.
Speaker 3: Remember how there was those photos of her hanging out with Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lowell and they went on that night out. It got me thinking, Like when I was a kid, I was like, oh my god, she's off through hour, she's partying, so much like that was one night.
Speaker 1: Guys, she went out for one night and.
Speaker 3: Probably had like one one, maybe one two minus during school might say she was just partying with the girls one night.
Speaker 1: Some of us has it haunted her?
Speaker 3: Bro we're doing that every weekend, twice a weekend place. Who were we to judge? Also her in Paris are good mates currently? Yeah, allegedly go Britney. You're a massive fan of Britney spears. Yes, Brittany, you can do it.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on kit.
Speaker 2: The topic of the day is hand holding.
Speaker 1: Do you do it?
Speaker 2: Do you believe in it? Or do you just not like the feeling of two bodies meeting and creating a sense of shared sweat and secretion. Look, I'm not sure, but a woman called Ellie Rallo has a theory about the way that you hold hands and what it says about the status of your relationship. It isn't your litmus test. Don't take it too seriously, or take it very seriously and put it in your group chats. I recommend, but listen to this. I just want to make one thing abundantly clear.
Speaker 3: This is something there a very different than this. This is giving like last night we said I love you for the first time.
Speaker 1: Now we can stop saying it. We can't keep our hands off each other.
Speaker 3: We've mutually agreed that this is the best lay of our lives.
Speaker 1: This is we hate each other, but we're still together because it's convenient.
Speaker 2: And so obviously that requires a visual that you don't have. But what she's going on to say is that when you hold hands with all the fingers intertwined like an unbreakable lock, that projects the world that you are flirty and intimate and sensual and fun and you're really enjoying the partner you have put yourself in an unbreakable lock because you want to be there now. The alternative is the scooping handhold, where you kind of put your hand in a lego man motion and you attach it to someone else's hand in a lego man motion, and you hold hands that way.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 2: Something about that feels begrudging, a little bit like a parent holding a child's hand dragging it across the roads so it doesn't get run over by it oncoming vehicle. It's not really sexy, it's not really sad, and it feels a little bit like an obligation. If I must hold your hand. I'll do it in the least enticing way possible. But can I present to you a third secret option people don't do enough. I'm a big fan of it. I might have I might have pioneered it in my day.
Speaker 1: Major.
Speaker 2: I love a handhold, I really do. But I don't like feeling like I have to now adjust my gate, my walk, my tempo all for somebody else. So we can pretend that we're comfortable sandwiched next to each other. So I recommend holding pinkies. Get their pinky, connect it with your pinky. You have so much extra leeway. It's cute, it's light, there's no hand sweat, doesn't matter about your hand sizes, there's no bad way, like you know when you're holding someone's hand. There's a side you want to be on, like you want to be behind, you don't want to be in front either way. I recommend holding pinkies. And if you're not concerned about any one of these things, just pay attention to the world around you. What does people's body language say about the experience that they're having, especially when they're with other people.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I don't know good reveal.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do that pinky thing.
Speaker 2: Pinkies are really good. You gotta call them pinkies though it's like handholding, like you don't really address when it's happened. You just kind of do it. But pinky is you need to ask for a consent, so you hold your pinky up in the asa pinkies and then someone said yes, then you know you grasp pinky sinkies.
Speaker 1: Oh it's sweet, ladies and gentlemen. It's time for Flexi's Big Question of the.
Speaker 2: Week that is correct. It's been going well every week. I pose a big question that gets you to think about what you believe in, why you believe in it, and who's influencing the way that you think. A couple of weeks ago, I pose the question what's an incorrect assumption people make about you that you use to your advantage? And you got heaps and heaps and heaps of really good responses, like people think I'm nicer than I really am, or people think I'm quite wealthy and I'm not. It was amazing, but I got a really great dm from this person. I'm going to live mononymous because I didn't ask for their consent to share their name. Nice but I did ask for their consent to share this message. They said, hey, flex, I know this is nothing new, but your episode about bad characteristics that serve you had me thinking, what are some good characteristics that work against you? Like for me, I'm considered reliable and smart and as a child, I was left to figure out things on my own, and it happens to me in academic environment even when I ask for help, which is something that I struggle to do. I also had a friend say they need reassurance, and when I told them that everyone I encounter thinks the world of him and that he's kind, he sighed and said that made him feel like he needs to do more. I don't think it's anything new, but it's still interesting and I think you could hear some interesting answer from different people. Hopefully no one talks about how hard it is to be pretty, which it is to take care And then I said, obviously you're a genius. Thanks for sharing note to self, this is the new question of the week. But then they also went on to say, it also makes me think of how you as inflex me speaking struggles as a lively person, and people see you as a form of entertainment. Without considering that you're also a person as well. Please knock yourself out again. Thank you for the content and the pod. Please say hi to Frooms and producer Mikhaela for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, MICKI gets a lot of shout ousley. Yeah good reason.
Speaker 2: Number one fans thank you and so for that reason and for that reason, Flexi's big question of this week is what are some good qualities or personality traits that you have that are working against you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I share mine?
Speaker 3: Of course, people are thinking that I make them so comfortable, and they think they can just think that I'm easy.
Speaker 1: We talked about this before.
Speaker 2: I think it was when we were having conversations, maybe earlier this year or last year, when I said I don't want people to be their most comfortable self around me. You didn't understand what I meant by that. No, I didn't, And like, I don't want people feeling as though they can drop their guard because what often happens that we associate comfort with bad behavior. Yes, and so it's like you become inarticulate or grubby or not consider it. And then while you, the person being all these things, finds a level of safety in doing so, because oh gosh, it feels good to just let it all hang loose. You're now burdening with someone with the real version of you.
Speaker 1: Yes, please touch it to wake chuck it in.
Speaker 2: Thank you. So what will happen is that on our Instagram Flex and Rooms, on our story, we'll put up a question box and that's where you can put your answers, and then this time on Thursday will read out some of the responses we've gotten. And they're always so good. I'm honestly very grateful that everybody gets involved and remains enthusiastic with it. So have a think about it, put in your group chats and let us know what you think. Miss you already fine, I've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.