Speaker 1: Welcome to them Christian None Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So how do you get on their longest road trip so far with little seven week old baby Gordon.
Speaker 3: We stripped him in and went out to Yarra Glenn, beautiful part of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we staid at there a couple of times. It's stunning in there're those beautiful wide open space.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Out near Hillsville. We went to a country footy match and he was actually pretty good for his long car trip, over an hour in the cart, so a little worried about it. He slept on the way there, He slept at the game. He was great, chatting to everybody.
Speaker 1: But then do you worry you're going to pay the price in the evening?
Speaker 3: That's the thing coming back, you know, it gets to that itchy time of night where he's always stressed, like six o'clock. Yeah, witching, How honestly it is because something clicks in him. He's like, I'm not happy anymore, nothing's changing.
Speaker 1: Find that it's all so delicate.
Speaker 2: Just one little thing that you do, like one degree that you've done slightly different during the day. How's a dramatic consequence.
Speaker 3: And they go He can go from smiling to what seems like the greatest pain in the world within a milli seconds. So he flicked that switch. On Saturday, as we're getting into the car and like, oh no, we got an air ahead of us. And he's already getting in the car. Grumpy Bank is sitting in the back with him. He's screaming, he's cracked it. I just want to get home because I'm starving. I'm really hungry.
Speaker 1: But that's the way you're saying he's cracked it.
Speaker 2: He's seven weeks old, can't even hold his head straight up yet control his boals, but he knows how to crack it.
Speaker 3: He has he's well and truly threw the toys out of the cot.
Speaker 2: And did he poop himself a well, because sometimes when they're really angry, it's like they summon a poop and then you're driving along you're like, you know, you didn't need to look around.
Speaker 1: There's a smell that fills the cor Oh god, we'll put over somewhere and change it.
Speaker 3: All of the above. He's stinky, he's hungry, I'm hungry.
Speaker 4: Everybody's image as an adult if you cracked it, and there's part of that, you actually saw it with yourself you didn't like the takeaway, you didn't want to go and see dinner party while you're there.
Speaker 1: You cracked it so bad you actually sold yourself. Dave, we've spoken about this, go and change your pants.
Speaker 3: Well, that dumpling pace I told you was booked on Friday night, right, Well, so we're driving home. We still got more than an hour ago, and he's got to pull over to feed, and I'm like, oh, I'm hungry too, But I guess his hunger outweighs my hunger for well.
Speaker 1: Dumped, well done, don't guess.
Speaker 2: It does take the guess work out of being the dad.
Speaker 3: So we pull into some random car park. It's a basketball court in Diamond Creek, and we're about to feed him. I get out of the car to help him get onto banker and feed. As I'm getting out of the car, I smelled the unmistakable scent of a sausage sizzle heaven Sin.
Speaker 1: Suddenly everything's okay.
Speaker 3: A sausage from God. Gordon feeds. I go up and get two sausages. I eat them in the time he's still feeding another twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: I've made your proper sort of that's all even wants a snag white bread onions.
Speaker 3: Perfect, it's you're bunning snag. It just happens to be this time for the diamond belly Eagles.
Speaker 1: The old tap or did you have cash? Who has cash?
Speaker 3: Even had cash on? Everything was sinking up. Twenty minutes later, he's still feeding. He takes him about half an hour to feed. Made room for a third, one three sausages.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't you find in that moment when there's this unexpected thing, a little just a sliver of joy, right, and when a day looked like it was running away from you, that's better than going to a restaurant. You've had book for six weeks and going up for a big meal. It actually means more to you.
Speaker 3: You're right, A pricing meal couldn't even outdo like seven to fifty dollars seven dollars fifty worth of sausages. And it's probably the best meal I've had since the start of the year.
Speaker 1: And Gordon gets a feed as well.
Speaker 2: So when when The Christian O'Connell Show podcast