Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Meldon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond, Gold one four point three h Melbourne, Australia, broadcasting to the world the Christians one nice to Swing Connor.
Speaker 3: My long pets were on inside out reakfast Shore.
Speaker 4: Even though I don't think I'm stinky, I just washed extra hard.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, good morning. So she's just confused about what day was Thursday? It is Thursday? Isn't it cool? Thursday? Everything, Skirt's gonna be good four hours? Don't you know what day is? Thursday? Morning? Good morning. It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show here on Gold one oh four point three. Good morning, Pats, morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning pets.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Well that's not even then. I was going to talk about what we all thought were Tory Story four, which is out today that we saw last night. We saved that. There's part that, but depending that. Okay, this is now therapy for you. What's the latest on the ongoing drama Kate Gate?
Speaker 3: You fucking talk about it? I'm so so angry.
Speaker 2: Well, we're here for you.
Speaker 3: So there was an email yesterday.
Speaker 4: But you didn't want to talk about them.
Speaker 2: Tell this is what women do. I don't want to talk about it, fat I wanted about a lot.
Speaker 3: No, it's nothing wrong. Well, actually, so there was an email from the business yesterday.
Speaker 2: Can I just say, let's just because everyone needs to be up to speed with this, because it's so amazing what's happened and also what hasn't happened or should have happened. So Saturday it was order a girl, it was her eighth birthday. You'd order this cake gives you two hundred bucks, ye, bespoke caate with a strange kind of like blindfold on.
Speaker 3: No, this having to go through this little imask, right, it was a spar theme back, that's it. And they didn't deliver basically like when I got there it wasn't ready and then it collapsed so sloppy.
Speaker 2: I said, it's just shoddy, all right, And then you emailed the Monday.
Speaker 3: They emailed me back eventually on the Tuesday, said we're looking into it.
Speaker 2: It's a small little cake shop.
Speaker 3: Is investigation, it's just a little small business which we like to support.
Speaker 2: Is currently just makeing a documentary about it. And then and then you hear nothing but it call hear.
Speaker 3: Nothing back until yesterday email me back, but totally skirted around the issue and said, basically, in a nutshell, you pick the wrong icing. It shouldn't have been transported with that type of icing.
Speaker 2: So what you meant is eat the cake in the shop. That's a terrible and that's just sorry.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: We had a five minute conversation about what icing to have on it because we didn't want that thick, sugary icing because it's just peel it off. Anyway, it's not nice to eat. Oh I love that stuff, you know, that real hot you sort of stuff. So anyway, so we chose.
Speaker 2: So they should have said, hey, listen, you're obviously going to be transporting this cake. Tell you some recommendations at the.
Speaker 3: Cake exakly and you know what, and then I can make an educated choice. So anyway, we went with it, and I thought, you know what, that just doesn't fly. Anyway, long story short, she just wasn't interested, and I said, well, look, you've pushed me into a corner here. I've got no other option but to go on social media. And I mean it's already been exposed to our group of parents at school, at basketball, at swimming, at ballet, at athletics. You've got a.
Speaker 2: Big don't want my people, the swimming moms, the ballet moms. They are the wrong kind of people to mess with. You mess with me. There's mummies behind my family of moms. The mom who the sister her swimming moms. She might ballet.
Speaker 3: Moms wake up with a pony's head on her pillow. But you know what I just said to us just fluttered.
Speaker 2: So did you finally speak on the phone?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what I thought, damn this. I'm going to ring her because I hate this email trail. It's like just ring and speak to me, like, let's communicate like adults.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that did, but also like an adult threatened to put you on social media.
Speaker 3: Well you know it didn't go well, and.
Speaker 2: Please tell me all the details. What do you mean he didn't go in the phone?
Speaker 3: I might have raised my voice slightly.
Speaker 2: Right, And does she raise hers as well? No?
Speaker 3: She just wasn't interested.
Speaker 2: That's terrible.
Speaker 3: And I said, look, I just I can't seriously is this have you seen the photos? Are you actually happy for your product to go out like that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Are you happy for your company name to have that sort of And she goes mane she did that?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What was it a kind of a or was it more of a like?
Speaker 3: Oh well? And I thought, you know what, this isn't getting me. I could argue with this woman for a minute, like I'm not going to waste any of my time.
Speaker 2: But come on the show and show hung up?
Speaker 3: I hung up.
Speaker 2: There's two guy adults. I'm going to hang up like a.
Speaker 3: She would take no blame, she would take no blame, she wouldn't wouldn't even apologize. Look, and I just thought, you know what, You're an idiot. So I've got no more time for this.
Speaker 2: Are you safe to be on a radio show today?
Speaker 1: Kevin?
Speaker 3: I have not named her business and quite frankly, I might be looking at my legal ones.
Speaker 2: All right, you're going to actually take it a court. There's a thing in your own news and in the front whatever you say is the front of the court. Today. They're bringing in the cake is exhibit A the smoking gun.
Speaker 3: There's a thing called Consumer Affairs Victoria that is there too, protect people, protect customers.
Speaker 2: Apparently Pat spoke to producer Brad yesterday, which is I just want to know what my rights are and he went, I think no no, no, this gets better. He thought she went about consumer affairs. Oh no, about what she can say on the radio without getting fired. He went brand went to see the Saunters to check she's going to be okay to do the show, and she was yelling so loudly. One of the other news team went, you know, they're trying to listen to news feed, isn't it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I just look, you know what it's on her bat it's her business. If she's happy to run a business like that, Well, good luck, honey. I don't think you're going to be opening twelve months written, spoken authorized, you were there.
Speaker 2: Good luck, honey, Good luck honey. The passive aggressive of that is powerful. Good luck, honey. Tallerday show is simply good luck, honey. We can call it now. Yeah, can there be an interesting show today? Everyone? They send out for Jack and I are a therapisting.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: Wat chance you know win ELM John tickets brand new Isolated Vocal at eight. We're looking for the teams the legends that were about to try and track a mattress as far as you can for this radio station next week take part in the amazing matrees. I was on Govin Millers show yesterday. Is that time to kill? Because I was heading into Docklands. Who do our movie club last night? Thank you very much everyone who came out, and before we did the little chat live on the show. Gavin I was chatting anyway off air and he has seen Mister five, this big new Michael Hutchins documentary and said it is outstanding and Gather is a proper music man. He's really into his music. It's a brilliant, smart music presenter. We're lucky to have one station. He was saying, it's an amazing documentary. I think we're allowed to be sent a link to see it over the next couple of days.
Speaker 4: Oh awesome, Well they trust us with a link?
Speaker 2: Yeah, would we give that to anybody? I think they trust you that you wouldn't just give it to anyone.
Speaker 4: I'm selling link.
Speaker 2: I am actually going out. I tell you who was asked for the you are out? Does anyone say you are l anymore? I'm keeping the U r L alive. Tell who's asked for the U R out is Bob Murphy wants to see a little cheekyling of it as well. Yeah, supposed to be brilliant.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: So yesterday we host another one of our movie clubs and this song was another great hoits at the Docklands. First time I've been to that area.
Speaker 4: You know what, living in Melbourne, it's really the first time I've been around that big mall as well.
Speaker 2: Oh really right, can I just you know, ask you guys first of all, be afore I say what I think that Docklands area, that precinct. I'm not talking about Marvel Stadium or anything of that. That area where we were yesterday, sort of shopping, open air shopping mall. You guys happy with that? You like that?
Speaker 4: It's the first time I've been there. And I'll be honest at night when we were got there so we can talk about it. Lacked vibe vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've had a lot of trouble making it work, to be honest, Like it's taken a while to take off.
Speaker 4: And it does it take off during the day?
Speaker 2: When does it happen down there at Docklands. It seems to me like a white elephant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: I felt sorry for that Chinese restaurant next to the Summer Did you walk past there? Because it looked beautiful in there and I had one hundred tables.
Speaker 2: Don't downstairs because so this heints. It took me twenty minutes to find out how to get in. I was wandering around and there were these amazing restaurants. They are really great, with like three miserable looking staff in there, just lonely, just bored. And then I saw what is that Melbourne Star?
Speaker 4: They had a lot of trouble with that as well.
Speaker 2: What is that? Come at me and say landmark? No, that is not a landmark. It's a wheel. You can't say, hey, tourists from London, New York, here's one of our landmarks. It's a wheels lit up the star. It's the Melbourne Star. It's over that big Well.
Speaker 4: At least it works now they put that up. How long did you run? For three months?
Speaker 6: Pa long?
Speaker 4: And then it was out of commission for five years five years.
Speaker 3: All the pods that had issues with the pods you're.
Speaker 4: Joking was unsafe. So it just sat there, ye.
Speaker 2: Like it been punished on the naughty step. That's unbelievable. Yes, a strange little hub down. Then the rest of Melbourne is so happening and alive, and then there's this strange, kind of like vacuum. I didn't know if it was just me or I was tired last night. And the cinema was great. The movie was amazing. I love Toy Story for but then when you go back out, the charm and warm glow I had quickly evaporated when wandering around aimlessly round that kind of white elephant that is Docklands.
Speaker 4: Well, even the cinema was amazing, but it was more like a lecture.
Speaker 2: Hall was Seriously, you know when you see on the news like the un have met up.
Speaker 4: It was like that it was messy, wasn't it. It should have had plucards.
Speaker 2: And seriously the delegation from Frankston South that it was. I always go out and just say hello and thanks everyone, and I was like looking up endlessly. I don't think I can see the people at the top. It was like walking out addressing the MTG, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I am now going to direct the address the hard work and good people called trades. Most of Maligne trades by breakfast shows. You hear other breakfast shows talk about trades, and oh, it's only trade's up between six and seven. We'll start the show at seven. You know, you work really hard. If you're trading, you're up way before anybody else. You don't get enough credit for that. You're the blue collar heroes out there, and I need your help right now. You've got all this wisdom in those brains, don't they trades?
Speaker 4: Are you saying the late starters like Sampaign starting at seven o'clock will end? Did I say that hate trades?
Speaker 2: Did I say that? If you want to interpret it like that, that's someone else. But I need the trades out right now. My wife's given me this impossible job. Yesterday I came home and I was confronted. That's the right word here, confronted by a post it note. And if you're in a relationship, that's often how you communicate, when it goes from text to post it note. It's defcon in a relationship, it's actually in right. It's like you've been served with a writ. And as soon as I get in right, I see on the kitchen an angry post it note. Wait for them. I'm like, ah, no, God to do something. Oh no, And then I see what it's on top of all, I can describe them as schematics. Schematics. My wife had found the PDF online of this thermostat for the heating system in our new house. And we do not know how to use this thing. Right, it is some kind of Enigma machine from Bletchley Park, Right, look it up. If you don't know what that reference means, I can't you bother to explain it bolted to the wall. We can't even work out how to turn it off. I can't work out to turn the heating off. It was blazing at the weekend. It was a really nice mild weekend. It was too hot in the house. We're China. I can't get in. There's no one off button, and there's a toggle thing and that men you go back at back, and there's always sad. There's too many options on it, okay. And so my wife said, I'm going to find the PDF and I'm going to leave you in charge of this. And yesterday was the day of reckoning. She'd printed it off and the post it note said, can you not even hallow Chris or I love you? How was your day? Can you get to grips with this massive question mark? And then reduce auto heat to twenty and be able to turn off? And I started to read through it, and I was like, I don't understand any of these hieroglyphs.
Speaker 4: We're just looking at it. Why does it have to be three pages long?
Speaker 2: Exactly just reduce or it's going through all the very step by step troubleshooting guide and I don't My skill set is really narrow, virtually non existent. This is all I can do. There's no real skill involved in what I do here. I'm not smart enough right to going to work out this, but I need to. This is the only thing I've got hanging over me over the next couple of days. I'm hoping that some heating engineer or trading is up to speed with the Semens Rev sixteen. Do any of you tradees? Are you familiar with the Semens operating system for the Rev sixteen? All I need to do is I need to reduce the auto heat to twenty and be able to turn this beast off.
Speaker 3: What is it deducted or what is it? Rady eight is?
Speaker 2: Do you know what now you feel like a RADI who's come in my house and I feel intimidated.
Speaker 3: You're not sure to admit too though.
Speaker 4: All right, do you have event in the floor?
Speaker 2: No, this is great for us pommies. We love a great classic radiator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, you got the hydronic that's the word.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah. I tell you why people get very impressed with hydronics, don't they. Last week I posted a photo of my dog in the new house. All the comments were, oh, you've got hydronic heating. Nothing about the dog. Oh, how lucky my husband, I want to get hydronic heating. Oh you've moved into a house with hydronic heating. I tell my wife, I didn't know this place has got hydronic heating. I went, yeah, dummy. That's that was on the big selling points.
Speaker 4: You know how the PR team want you to do that spread about the sun comes and looks at your house.
Speaker 2: Post it with those shoes or socks on next to my hydronic radiator.
Speaker 4: You're around the hydrogenic heating.
Speaker 2: All right, So are there any heating engineers listen that can help me out and guide me through the To me, it's like diffusing a bomb nine four one four one oh four three. I will be eternally grateful.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Christian, I think it'll probably be easy for you to just buy a brand new heating system grame. If you go online to our Facebook page, oh see one O four three, you can see this two page document just explaining in easy steps apparently how to change the heating. And obviously the previous owner of this house we've moved into, they've set a timer, so it must cut on in the morning, comes on eating their schedule, and what I don't want to interfere with that because then I have to do you know, you've got to set the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday repeat, and then you've got to do it. Then it goes weekend days, and then when.
Speaker 3: It becomes so hard.
Speaker 4: And then daylight savings. That's why I still haven't changed since we fished.
Speaker 2: It's just too much. I can't cope with this world. It's just too much. Is just for running a while or is there an adult on the streets you can come and help me?
Speaker 4: Well, so the heating is on twenty four to seven at the moment, No.
Speaker 2: He's not twenty four seven. It comes on not two periods. But it's so blastingly hot. We can't turn the beast down. You can't of no, normally with a klickie thermostate, you just move it, don't you. Yeah, this thing is behind glass and it's a toggle thing. That's all I've got is a toggle thing to sort of go through the different options. And you're right, why is it so complicated now, Pats?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Everything's hard, don't you think? Like you know Internet?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: We have to have E tag? Now?
Speaker 4: Is this just sounds like all of a sudden, it sounds like an old person radio show.
Speaker 2: That's Pats, He's taken us their case. It's one of the old flat earthers. Everyone's going to have an E tag? Who's gonna have an etach? What's that going to do with.
Speaker 3: My That's what I mean, though, like every life's so busy and complicated. It's not simple anymore. Like with your heating you off.
Speaker 2: I got Ben and Dave trades. That's what they do the right solo or there's two of them. You know, there's someone driving, there's someone in charge of the radio looking out the window.
Speaker 4: The apprentice. Maybe, yes, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, that's me Ben and Dave. Good morning boys, you're there, we're here. Is that Ben? Is that Dave here?
Speaker 7: You got Ben Daves driving?
Speaker 2: Day driving right?
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, we're a couple of hydraulic and sort sorry if we drop it out. We're a little bit rural at the moment.
Speaker 2: Where are you Where are you headed today? We're heading up to Castle Maine right, okay? Geelong? Right okay, big drive today. So listen, boys, thank you very much. Responding to my so os, what can you tell me about the mysterious world of the thermostat.
Speaker 7: That they're an old style and a bit of a night to us. Great, so yeah, I feel your pain.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they could always be a lot easier.
Speaker 7: To use and what they are unfortunately, so how.
Speaker 2: I just want to be to turn the temperature down and we'll get out to turn it off.
Speaker 7: Well without standing there in front of the mate. It's going to be very difficult.
Speaker 2: This is the worst call of the year for me, and it's not to do with you too, but it's just I've got to I've got to sort this out. My wife's giving me this mission.
Speaker 7: Oh well, off You're going to have to give me your address and I'll come and do it for free for you.
Speaker 4: And the smile from ear to ear?
Speaker 2: Where do you live? Very were down in Geelong? Did you long to your miles away? I'm Hampton Bayside. He's going to slip all the way around to me.
Speaker 7: That's all right. I've got Dave punching me here, saying say the business name?
Speaker 2: Do say the business name? Boys, go on, what's your business?
Speaker 7: It's Heating Plus in Geelong.
Speaker 2: The official heaters of the Christian O'Connor Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Sure, I think they? Where are we actually? When we built the house?
Speaker 2: They're great? There is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a great mob. Go with them.
Speaker 2: They're very You know when I moved here, everyone went. I know there's five million people that live in Melbourne. It's a very small city. Everyone knows everyone. This is nute. Is that the heating company did your place?
Speaker 3: And you know I never had an issue with it ever.
Speaker 2: Have you got hundre on it? Yes, life changer? All right? Boys, stay there, okay, stay there, no problem. Do you know what I'm going to do? I'm not even my wife never hears this part of the show. I'm going to get him to come around next week. My wife and kids they go back to Pommy Land Sunday I'm home alone. Or next week I'll get them to come around. I will live to my wife. I fixed this.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So last night another one of our movie clubs. Thank you to everyone who came out and spent time. They're never going to get back to a workout exactly how to find the Hoyts Docklands. But great cinema and Toy Story four it's out today. You can go and see it. That is a brilliant movie. I have to be honest. I thought we don't need a Toy Story for four because Toy Story three I felt like it ended it beautifully. It's dealt with really well. And then there's been like nine ten years and it felt like a cash scrab do you know, by the way, just the third Toy Story movie, the most recent one, made one billion dollars alone just for the film, just that Toy Story three.
Speaker 4: They think on top of that, how much the merchandise mac Yeah.
Speaker 2: A billion dollars. So suddenly and no wonder Disney Pixel want to maybe we should have another one, Maybe we should we should get another of that billion dollars, So anywhere else think that sounds great? A billion dollars. However, then I saw the movie yesterday. It is brilliant. It is so good. It's up there with all the other three movies. There's nothing cynical about this movie. It is crammed with great It's got such beautiful touches. At the star of it isn't actually Woodiam Buzz. It's lovely seeing them again and Slinky and mister potato Head. There's a new star of the movie and that is a spork.
Speaker 4: It's really funny. It's really funny film.
Speaker 2: How they make you genuinely, I mean, I was crying at the end of it about the sport and that's I'm going home. I'm thinking, how did they do that? It's a computer animated movie and I'm crying about the existential angst in a sport with plastic spoon for yes, you know, I mean, yet they do they make you really care and feel about these characters. And the fourth Toy Story movie is actually about it is It's about existential angst and what's life about and what's your purpose in life and when things, when time happens, and what you find joy in and purposing Those are really big things that a lot of sort of new wave art house movies struggle to do. But Toy Story four smashed it yesterday. It really makes you think. It fills your heart with joy when you leave the cinema, then you sudden mind that you're at Docklands and there's not so much joy. But great movie. Go and see it. There were a lot of kids there yesterday that younger listeners to the show that absolutely loved it as well. I thought it was brilliant so and it got me thinking about my favorite toy. You know, when you look at all those classic toys and Toy Story and for me there was one toy, a golden god of toys. Did any of you have this?
Speaker 4: Evil's ready, the amazing stace cycle that general power sends him.
Speaker 2: Over one hundred feet of top speed. He's Evil Canievil stunt cycle. The excitement I had with this, the rest of my life has already been trying to recapture the magic that I had with my Evil can Eagral stunt cycle. Was Evil Canevil on his bike and he sort of wound him up and he shot off and I would build ramps and he go over my sisters, my little ponies. The best thing to do was him was to shoot off the top of the stairs, so he would go all the way down the stairs. But this toy was indestructible. He couldn't be broken. Hours and hours are fun, unlike the real evil Canevel who crashed consent, consistently broken. Probably the world's worst daredevil really, but the world's greatest dared devil as well. Jack, what is it for you?
Speaker 4: I've chosen Stretch Armstrong. I loved this toys. The kids still remember Christmas morning opening him up.
Speaker 7: Stop stop evil doers.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think super stretching, super peros stretch arms from yeah, stretch Armstrong now stretching fun.
Speaker 4: Further then ever before, a really simple idea. It's funny what a kid will love doing. But stretch back.
Speaker 2: We were so happy that now kids are all online or games and that's what will occupy their minds. But we had fast, simpler, basic toys. But you had hours and hours and hours because you had to be spontaneous and improvise with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had to use your imagination because all you could do is stretch, stretch, armstrong to arms and legs. You had to make up the rest of his world.
Speaker 2: You imagine trying to If I try to get one of my kids to put down their phones and get off Instagram or Snapchat to go and play with the stretchy toys, got stretchy arms, they think that I was drunk or lost the plot. After this song there we'll find out what Patsy's favorite toy was? What is it for you? What was your number one favorite toy as a kid? Nine four one four, one oh four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four.
Speaker 2: Think back then, what was your favorite toy? We host some advanced screening last night and a part of our Movie Club, and it was Toy Story for It's a great movie. Go and see it this weekend. You'll love it. Whether you've got kids or not, it doesn't matter. It just reminds you of being a kid and the joy you had in playing with your favorite toys. And Jack and I would just talking about you on the song. You know, we were just talking about how it is when you used just a simplest toy, a very very basic toy now what feels like a very basic toy now, but didn't to us. It was like a magical thing in a box that you could do a million different have a million different adventures with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, inspired your imagination because you have one thing to start with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all you had. You could create any kind of different adventures and you pull in other toys to get involved. And Yeah. So for me, it was all about the evil and evil stunt cycle in my little tiny mind at the age when I first got that, when I was a I had evil canevel in my backyard. That's what I felt like. For you, stretch Armstrong, And then for Pats, what was your favorite toy?
Speaker 3: Oh, baby alive doll? Sorry, the baby alive doll. Santa brought it in nineteen seventy seven. For me, sounds like some horrible No, it.
Speaker 2: Was baby alive. It was the baby.
Speaker 3: Alive, cruelest technology, this doll. And it ate and it pooped and it said a few things. I think it used to say, I want my mama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chucky, she's baby Ali. You don't have no.
Speaker 5: Mask your cherries, baby.
Speaker 2: Cherries.
Speaker 3: She came with little satchets that you mixed water with and you'd feed her, right, and then she'd poop and you'd change her nappy. But I used them all on Christmas Day, so by Boxing Day I was shoving like mashed potato in her and she eventually, by that New's Day had gone moldy and she's steak, so Mum had to actually throw her out and get me in one what maybe not alive no more?
Speaker 2: Did you have a little pram as well?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, and the blanket? Have you really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Audrey plays with it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's amazing. Yeah, all right, let's take some cool son. What's your favorite toy as a kid? Who we got here, Sharon? Good morning? By good morning, Shon. What was your favorite toy? Mate?
Speaker 8: It was actually my brother. You had a man toy?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, Steve Austin, the Barnic Man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's Billy Man.
Speaker 9: And if he looked through the back of his head, he had a little hole that amplified his ny VIII.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, it was. There was a hole in the back of his head right where supposedly it was meant to be his bionic eye, and it was just a slightly magnified hole, wasn't it.
Speaker 8: That's right, sounds really creepy now, No, but I.
Speaker 2: Used to love that toy. It was a brilliant one. Sharon, right, thank you very much. You call if you've got to tell us your favorite toy. Let us know nine four one for one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connall Breakfast Show, Milbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Christian I also had a baby alive. Let Patsy know. I absolutely loved it, awesome doll. I would put green diner food, so she pooped it and vomited green, okay, Karen in Mornington Christian I had the female equivalent. We'll talking about your favorite toys you had as a kid. A female equivalent of your Evil can Evil is called Debbie Daring also had her own stunt cycle. What was your number one favorite toys a kid? Nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connall Breakfast Show, Milbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about your favorite toy, your number one favorite toy after we saw advanced screen last night of Disney Pixar's new toy Story four movie, which is out today, which is great All right, let's take some more calls. Aaron, Good morning morning, Christian. So al, what was your favorite toys a kid?
Speaker 10: Mate, we'quite plenty of toys. I was a spoiled little raffy bet Bratt in the seventies and my dad got posted to America and I ended up with all the toys you can imagine. But one of my favorites, just like yours, was the Evil Can, Evil montorbike and stunt car.
Speaker 2: But you had the stunt car as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah. You could put him inside and close it and he'd launch them off your balcony and he just hit anything and would survive.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I see. My parents couldn't step to that as well. And I hated the rich kids that lived well a long way from me that had that as well. I just had the stunt cycle. I never got that that car. And I'm beginning to get turned to dislike to you and take these long hell grudges out on you out And I'm sorry, mate, but yeah.
Speaker 6: That's okay.
Speaker 2: Was it good? Was it? Don't tell me it was better than the bike.
Speaker 10: It wasn't better than the box.
Speaker 2: I think it was better than the bike.
Speaker 10: It contained evil within the car, and you couldn't see it.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. You can't cage that beautiful bird. You got to let evil fly, Evil fly, you know exactly, And when.
Speaker 10: You launched them off the second story and just to see him bounce and flip and turn and then it was it was fantastic. But you could always put them back together and.
Speaker 2: They worked indestructive on Aaron, tell me this. Could you ever get your evil and Evil to sit down on his flipping bike? Mine would never sit down on it. It was always propped up with this bum in the air.
Speaker 10: You brought you exactly what.
Speaker 2: Would never sit down on the bike. So really, annoy me? Sit down evil, Aaron? She called me Nicole. Nicole. Yeah, yeah, you called me brings that in the morning. Guy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's actually a strappy kid, and you're the substitute teacher.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm making, you know, direct sales calls or something. Can I talk to you about having content insurance?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You cale, welcome to the show. Let's start again. What's your favorite toy?
Speaker 11: Rubber Dove Dolly? I loved her so much. I even remember this theme song and I can sing it for you. Please, Off you go, Rah Dolly, soft little Dolly, play with her in the bus with you having a bus can be lots of fun because two in the batup is more fun than one.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. You know we've got the TV advert here. Let's let's play that back and compare what you just did. Start pretty ding. You give her when you beath to, you give her.
Speaker 1: So much fun with.
Speaker 2: That's great, Cale, very good, thanks you cole mate. Have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 2: What I'm about to do is the quin of throwing a hand grenade into a fish pond. There is going to be collateral damage. So does this bring you up to speed with Day four of Pats's cake Gate. A birthday cake was commissioned for a beautiful old daughter, Ordi, turning eight on Saturday. Pats had paid two hundred dollars. She goes to pick up the cake and it is in no way what you paid for.
Speaker 3: No, it was not.
Speaker 2: And there's been some ongoing emails and then it all came to her head yesterday with a lady from the cake shop and you having a big row on the phone.
Speaker 3: No I'm not a big rowl but one person was rowing, No, not rowing, just spirited conversation.
Speaker 2: And you called her an idiot and then hung up.
Speaker 3: Well I wasn't getting anywhere, there was no point.
Speaker 2: And then you called me left the message.
Speaker 3: Yes I did.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the message?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Do here it is fay.
Speaker 12: Hey. I am absolutely moment take on in, head it out with your fine. She's a numb skull anyway, trying out of social media today, not backing you.
Speaker 2: So I get that, and I'm like, oh boy, I'm thinking Michael Douglas falling down? What is going on? I mean what I'm in the middle of my day. I'm like, okay, how a thermostat works? And I'm like, my phone it felt like was burning through my hand with what is That's fine? I'm there anyway, Hopefully this is therapy for you. We've made this for your Patsy with your voicemail message. Check this out.
Speaker 12: I hey, I'm absolutely sin. I'll just heat it out thro the SI numb stullum.
Speaker 3: That's gonna hate.
Speaker 2: Me now, No, they're not. We've all been there. We have all been treated badly or felt like we've been let down when someone doesn't handle a playing very well, we've all been there past.
Speaker 3: What she had to say was acknowledge, yeah, the mistake, or acknowledge that. Look, I'm sorry you feel that way, but just it was her. I don't know, I don't know. I can't I can't speak. I'm too upset.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Okay, well we can now pick things up for you. Okay, we've all done a Patsy. Okay, let's call it that. We've all done a Patsy where you've just lost the plot you really have because you're so wound up in these days. We are made to feel like we don't matter anymore. We're just a tiny little spec. They don't really need our business, and you know you had to over a lot of money. It isn't if I'm right, Pats, I'm in the situation before. It isn't about the money. It's about it was your daughter's birthday. You just want it to be the perfect day.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't even about that, because that makes me sound like one of those parents where she's my princess and everything. It wasn't even about the day being pop. No, no, it wasn't. It was about the small business owner me patronizing her. You know, supporting her business and her not doing a good job. That's what it was about.
Speaker 2: Charging all right, when have you done a Patsy? Lost the plot? They didn't handle your complaint very well. What happened? Nine four one four one o four three, And I know what you want to hear again.
Speaker 12: I am absolutely just head it out with flying numb anyway, social media not back with him?
Speaker 2: When did you knock back down? Call us? Now you've done a Patsy nine four one four one o four three. When you come on air, please don't get yourself and us in trouble. Don't name the business. I don't want to do that. I don't think it's fair either.
Speaker 4: That doesn't named the cake.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know people doing that because anyone can have a bad k replace the name of the business though with a rival radio station. So if you had a bad Triple M experience, let me know right now. Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: Christian Breakfast Show, Melviourn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, pats you don't want to mess god one four point three. Come on ins to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. We've all done a pats where you've complained, and they've just not made you feel good about the complaint. They're trying to talk you down or shout you down, or ignore your make out. It's your problem. They don't care what you Just one person thinks. And Pats has had an ongoing issue since Saturday with a local cake maker who didn't do what Pat's paid to do for her daughter's birthday cake. And yesterday they finally spoke to each other and obviously had a bit of a heated spray And then I got a spray onto my phoney.
Speaker 12: Hey, I am absolutely shady. Moments Cake, Colin, I've just head it out with your own fryings a numb skull. Anyway, it's going out of social media today, not back with you out.
Speaker 2: I'm going to release this in the charts.
Speaker 12: Hang, hey, I am absolutely shading. Is tain? I just headed out?
Speaker 2: All right? When have you done a Patsy? Then let's take some calls. Don't name the businesses, replace the business or the brand with a rival radio station name. Uh, let's go to Lee.
Speaker 10: Come on in Lee, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: Good one, and welcome to the show. Then, so tell us, when did you do Patsy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: I did a Petsy Triple M with a faulty vacuum coinna.
Speaker 2: So he had an issue with Triple M about a faulty vacuum cleaner and what what happened?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: I stormed into the store the weekend before mother's died, so the place was packed, and tried to get them to fix this two months old act ConA and I refused and basically ended up calling in basically called me an idiot. So I lost the plot and smashed the drink.
Speaker 2: Curious, amazing, screw them, that's amazing and your sound you've got no work a vacuum cleaner but brilliant. So did you leave it?
Speaker 4: Just leave it there on the floor and storm out? What did you do later?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I did the floor.
Speaker 12: It's a million pass.
Speaker 9: The store is exhaster than the thing blew up.
Speaker 2: That is great. You'll be like a folklore legend at that place there. That's brilliant. Lee, that's a that's a brilliant one. Thanks for sharing it with us, mate, have a good day.
Speaker 9: You're welcome you to you guys. Thank you.
Speaker 2: There must be something jacking that drinking water out of web me that caller us from wearaby from web Yeah, there's something about the ladies of Weribe I don't miss with us. So good morning, welcome to the show, Good morning Christian. All right then, so what who did you have a problem with?
Speaker 8: Well, I want a prize on a Smoothie thim. I want a T shirt and watch. The T shirt didn't fit and the watch worked for a day. And when I went back to smooth to say what the heck's going on with this watch, they didn't want to know about it. Oh, well, you know that's just a risky take. And I said.
Speaker 5: Well, gee, whizz, you know you've got.
Speaker 8: To look after your listeners. What's going on? And I caused so much of a problem because I lost my nuts over it.
Speaker 4: Wait, so you started to confuse you do so? Well, yeah, you didn't actually win the prize of Smooths, did you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, better, Actually.
Speaker 8: I did want to watch to get around and kept be cleaning out the battery of lakes of the jewelers, and I got it back in the second ad.
Speaker 10: It wouldn't work anymore.
Speaker 2: That's terrible, really really shoddy.
Speaker 8: There were customers in the shop and I really lost my eye because there was an expensive watch and they had over two hundred dollars cash and told me they never wanted to see me again.
Speaker 4: And what is what's lost? By nana? What did you do? Were you yelling in the store?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I really went to turn and told them I take them to consumer off.
Speaker 2: Hello, we know someone who does.
Speaker 8: That, ye, and that he doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: List Well, they can't.
Speaker 3: There's no way they can stay open when they're being like that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right, So thank you very much your cool.
Speaker 8: Thanks guy.
Speaker 2: I was hoping these calls might be some kind of calming things actually winding right here, Yeah, homeless, Yeah, might be interesting. Anthony, good morning, Hey Christy, I'm good. He had a problem with Fox f M.
Speaker 10: Fish and Chip shop.
Speaker 2: A fish and chip shot. What do you have? Bad chips or.
Speaker 13: The fish chicken nuggets?
Speaker 2: Oh, dear, dear, dear, what was wrong with the nuggets? Uh?
Speaker 10: My son?
Speaker 13: When we went outside and said on the grass toad and said, oh, they tasted it funny dead. So I had a bit of a smoll and they.
Speaker 2: Were off, Oh no, that's rough, that's dangerous. So you went back in and what happened?
Speaker 13: I went back in and just said that the bloke of a fox their face and shop that he said, you look nuggets off just quietly so because they're the customers in the thing. And they lost it at Mary and decided to throw the chicken nuggets my son's head, which is when I lost it.
Speaker 2: Something the kids through the nuggets his head. Psycho. That is terrible, terrible, That is really bad. That's Fox FM for you. It's well, you shouldn't listen they throw nuggets at your kids' heads. Tell anyone in town, Anthony, thank you very much. Okay, thank you. Cool Britain's Story.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey folks, ty for this week's Isolated Vocal. This is where on a Thursday morning we just play out the strip back raw isolated vocal to a great song and we will marvel up their remains in vocal performance. Then we played the song that's taken from It makes you feel it in here and in a different way. This is a great one. It's a power ballad one you know much. We love them on the show. This is Ario Speedwagon guitarist and lead singer Kevin Cronin. I'm going to keep on loving you.
Speaker 4: In No one about doesn't mean.
Speaker 6: Still I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Of course, it was us fit way for them and we're.
Speaker 4: Still together.
Speaker 3: In ament ever, w I said when I sat there, you a men.
Speaker 2: Your friend. Yeah, I'm gonna keep fall of in you.
Speaker 4: Because it's still.
Speaker 2: Thing a Loana, do I wanna sleep? I just wanna keep fall loving you.
Speaker 12: Baby.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep ball love in you.
Speaker 4: Because it's still thing.
Speaker 11: Alanna, do.
Speaker 3: I wanna sleep?
Speaker 2: I just wanna keep fall loving you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we are now looking for teams, legends, heroes this time next week it's gonna be on. I had to move a mattress of the weekend, moved house. You know, it's like with a mattress. They're awkward things to move, aren't they. So it's just the way it's the wobbly nurses trying to get your grip with your hands in your fingers. Where do they go? They move as they go. They're a nightmare. So I was trying to think on Monday's Breakfast show, we took her all this and it's sort of snowboard into how far do we think one of you could drag a mattress, dragon carry it from where we are this radio station Gold one oh four point three right here in the heartland of Richmond, and Snooze heard about this. They've now got on board. They're providing the two mattresses. Afterwards. They're going to be recycles part of their program. But the big thing is you get a brand new mattress. The winning team. We're looking for two people teams to enter this. Two two people teams. Winning team gets one thousand bucks suspend at Snooze and obviously get a brand new mattress. Not the one who'd been dragging for two hours? Did I mention it's two hours? We're calling it this Christian overconnals a lazy that's rain sah, thank you very much. Okay, so two hours and we think you're seven o'clock they leave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't leave earlier.
Speaker 2: Any earlier as it is. You've got to wear headlights. We're not joking about this. Insurers health and safety headlights, gloves, high visibility jacket, plus paramedics for each team. We're not joking. There's a paramedic allocated for each team.
Speaker 4: I guess over exertion, like where can strain.
Speaker 2: Something, or drop on a little old lady hopefully not, or drop on a Fox listener or something like that. So we're looking for two two people teams to enter this. So if you think you're fit and can drag and carry a mattress as far as possible from where we are in Richmond, you've got two hours. What do we reckon? Do you think they do a couple of k or not?
Speaker 4: I reckon one half hour to get out of the building, half out.
Speaker 2: At your pace. No one the Snooze have come on board. They know we've got the actual captains, real Captain Snooze here on the show.
Speaker 4: Well, they're not allowed to put sit down the stairs, right, they've got to carry.
Speaker 2: You got to carry. But it's not going to say half an hour.
Speaker 4: Are they going to do the bends in the staircase and you know, do that thing when you're trying to hold a door open while you're getting this right.
Speaker 2: It's an awkward but we're on the second floor here, and then you've got to get down down into Goodwood Street and do you go down? Which way do you go? For the route? So listen, if this is you and is your kind of thing, you're up for the challenge. It's a big challenge. How far can you drag Carrie? Whatever you need to do to move a mattress in two hours? Give us a call nine four one four one four three go an early entrant, which is you Eddie?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian Jacky Edie?
Speaker 3: Are you doing good?
Speaker 2: Well, we're good, Eddie. We're good Eddie. Now Eddie, tell everyone why you would be the best guy to enter this competition.
Speaker 6: Well, our team, our team is from Liquid Photography. We've turned up the training regime up to eleven. We have flown in an international Italian trainer. This guy's got us training with some Soviet Union ex mattress is filled with lead web ent printing mattresses. Mate, we're punching mattresses. We're good to go. Mate. The black support us out of the crash.
Speaker 12: Saw them in.
Speaker 2: Italian and so tell me what you do for a living. You work with mattresses, don't you.
Speaker 6: We're a professional photography studio. We're a product photography studio and we specialize in products, and mattresses is one of the things that we shoot a lot of.
Speaker 2: So you lugged them day in, day out. You're not intimidated by the mattress.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, not intimidating. We're right now in the middle of a job where today is our third day into it, and there's about forty mattresses and we've got to move them in and out of set about eight times each.
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 4: How many mattresses need to be photographed.
Speaker 2: In a lot A large, endless demand for new photos of mattresses.
Speaker 6: Well, every retailer's got their own set of mattresses. They might have twenty mattresses.
Speaker 2: You right, all the different sizes and styles the springs. Tell me this eddie put a distance on it right now? If we pich your team right, how fine do you think you would get it in two hours?
Speaker 6: If you picked down? I said, mate, I thought we were in mate, how far do you think you can get? It's qualified for this job?
Speaker 2: Bite your strong contenders. Jade and Stevenson's already put a bet on you guys. What's the how far do you think you'll get it?
Speaker 6: Look? I reckon, I reckon, two k is not unrealistic. In two hours, that's that's not that bad. Two k's or thereabouts depends on how many obstacles you put in the way and what these obstacles are.
Speaker 2: You'll find out next week, my friend.
Speaker 6: All right, find out white All right.
Speaker 2: Eddie, thank you very much to talk to you later.
Speaker 6: All Right, I have to say hi.
Speaker 2: Who have you got there, Eddie?
Speaker 6: I've got my son Hype.
Speaker 8: I'm driving him the school.
Speaker 6: He said, where's Christy gonna be on?
Speaker 2: We'll let you sort that one out, Eddie.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks, right.
Speaker 2: All right, leave Eddie to deal with that situation.
Speaker 1: Nine four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: All right there next week this time next week, how far can you and whoever's going to be in your team drag carry whatever you humanly need to do to get a mattress as far away from us as possible here in Richmond at the moment. Strong contender to be selected as Eddie. This guy takes photos of mattresses for a living, and he.
Speaker 4: Said us a video of his workplace. Truth be told. They're stacked to the ceiling.
Speaker 2: No, they are, and he's flinging these mattrees around for fun. However, what's it like when you go into hour two when they're hands, they're not rested. You've got another long hour ind of you on an endless road getting out of Richmond to wherever you choose to go. Christian O'Connell's amazy MAT's rain sah, thank you always ever, Guy marm all right, then there see sys some more people who are vying to be selected next week for the Amazing Mattrees. Jeremi, good morning, Good morning, Christen O'Connell, Good morning, Jeremiah. I don't know your surname, but that's very formal, Jeremiah. Why should it be you, buddy?
Speaker 7: I'm a furniture in Louvers by phrase trade, and I'd love to throw matresses and furniture around all day, every day, five days a week.
Speaker 2: We can't have them thrown around, all right. We really got the boss very nervous about this, the phrase throwing mattresses around. And so you you do this for a living.
Speaker 7: Yeah, furniture removals by trade.
Speaker 2: And who would you have with you in your team, Jeremiah.
Speaker 7: My employer, my boss, Piedro. He's been doing it for about thirty five years and I've only just been doing it for about my months, all right.
Speaker 2: So he's like a Hall of Famer of mattress removals.
Speaker 7: Oh, he's gone platinum.
Speaker 2: He's gone platinum.
Speaker 4: Okay, and when you heard that, Eddikin thinks he can do three k's, two to three k's in the two hours. What do you reckon?
Speaker 7: You can do off anywhere from maybe more ten ten ten in two hours until hours. I think it's achievable.
Speaker 2: Ten k yes, right, okay, hold you that if I pick you that? All right, Jeremiah, well done, according in.
Speaker 7: Okay, there was a pleasure to get on the show. Definitely a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Thank you, Jereffy. I love that. Let's go to Joe. Good morning, Joe Gay.
Speaker 10: How are you going?
Speaker 14: Team?
Speaker 2: Now? Listen, Joe, My producer Brad just told me, if I've got this right, you want to enter you and your husband in a two man team, two person team. Absolutely, he thought that through.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm in Sharkis, so I'm used to, you know, wrangling people and things that don't quite want to conform. And my husband is very much a lateral thinker. So I think we've got.
Speaker 7: It in the bag.
Speaker 2: All right. So you're saying he's the brain, you're the bronze.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, I'm the strength and he's the mental strength.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay. In two hours. You think you're going to be okay, the two of you. You're not going to fall out or get divorced. You know, it's a long time carrying and dragging a mattress.
Speaker 14: Now in nineteen years strong, three teens, we.
Speaker 2: Can do it. Oh wow, this is great. I love the fighting spirit.
Speaker 4: And how much mental strength do you think will be required? I mean, isn't it just get mattress and move as far away as you can.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but it's more than that, Like you say, you know, you've got the little old lady and the dog and all the rest of it. So yeah, no, I've I had absolute confidence in us.
Speaker 2: That's very brave, very very brave. All right, Joe, thank you very much. Let's take one more. Adrian, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good Adrian. Why should it be you, buddy?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: We run a mattress recycling business and we do about four hundred matresses a week. We work seven days a week, and I've got a go that works with me, Chris.
Speaker 10: He's as shout.
Speaker 8: As anything, and I reckon we can take the photo guys for a.
Speaker 6: Good run for their money.
Speaker 2: So they're saying they could do at least at least two k. What do you think you're smash?
Speaker 7: Oh we'll smash that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we'll smash it. And then if we win, we're going to donate the money today club, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, well good for you guys, all right, thank you very much for entering. All right, thank you. I didn't know we had so many listeners that work in the mattress industry. Did you know?
Speaker 4: Also, the sad thing about Adrian is they don't they don't win a thousand dollars cash, They win a thousand dollars worth of snooze vouchers. So the football club is going to get bed linens this.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 2: At the moment we'll talk about cryptocurrency Facebook and their crypto. The highest currency there is is snooze vouchers. I know, if someone gave me cash, I going Have you not got any snooze vouchers? Please? All right? So you know what greater thing to give to a charity than vouchers for bedding?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So if you do want to get involved, you want to be one of the teams that we pick next week. Take bart in the amazing matrait. Sah. Then you had to Gold one I four to three dot com dot au. Check out what websites used to look like in nineteen ninety nine when you get there. Beautiful museum was a museum than a website, isn't it? You know? See what visitor number you are at at gold one four three dot com dot au. We need to talk about someone who came on the show last year and was so so much fun and was a great sport and a good kid. And that is the keyword here. Kid. He's only twenty years of age, and that is the man who's front page, backpage and front page. Jaden Stevenson takes bets out on his own. I mean, those guys are professional athletes. I know he's just twenty, but what a dumb mistake for him.
Speaker 4: Really dumb. And despite what said about him in the paper's day and people commenting on all the different social outlets, he was a legend of a guy and just a genuinely.
Speaker 2: Really really just what you were like at that age. Yep, twenty you're just an idiot. I read the other day that your prefrontal cortex, which is the logic and reasoning by your brain. It's still growing up until twenty five.
Speaker 4: You should have been his lawyer.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, the thing is he's got this ten he's got ten game ban or next ten home and away games. Conveniently it expires. Guess what in time for the finals. EDI's done a good deal. There isn't he whatever has looked after him, and it's amazing. Really, you're in a lot of trouble. Let's not get crazy. Right, it's footy, right, it's Cortland works the bies we need them there. I've seen all the bets that he placed. Thirty six dollars.
Speaker 4: And that is that total combined? Yeah, is it worth it?
Speaker 2: Well, if you are, you might as well chuck in a couple of geese. Right, Well, go all in. If you're going to do it, go all in, go put the house on it. Ten thousand, thirty six dollars. What would the AFL have actually done as part of the punishment if he'd gone for forty one dollars? You know? And if you just listen, Jenny, if you've just done thirty six dollars, we'll just be games. But because you did it and got a bit greedy, I want to take down the house and it's forty one dollars you put in. We're going to have to talk about a couple of seasons.
Speaker 4: I mean, when we bet on our own event, which was the Grands Kicking Final last year, and sports bet put up odds for it, we put on two hundred dollars e.
Speaker 2: And lost it. We learned a lesson too. So he's put bets on Collingwood to win, Collingwood winning a margin, him to kick a goal, him to kick three or more goals, Collingwood teammates to kick a goal. So I was reading this yesterday because I actually find it really interesting in this story. The AFL, what they had to do is go back and look at some of the games that already happened that he bet on, and look at all of his ball handling, disposals, kicks to see if there was anything he'd done to influence the game the wrong way. And there is a big difference in the UK and EPR. There have been a lot of big cases, a lot of big money Chinese betting syndicates offering players on money, But that's match fixing that actually throws a game to actually try and fix the result. This he hasn't done that would play in a huge gain up that he hasn't done that, but even so, I.
Speaker 4: Mean imagine him trying to get the rest of the team. Hey, guys, I got thirty six dollars on this.
Speaker 2: Game out here on stakes are so high.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three also come notch an next hour and then we've got Today's at work time Waster and then twenty four hours on from Big Spoon Gate where you rot the world where I think in a relationship between a man and woman anyway, the guy I like to be big spoon, my wife little spoon. Jackie boy is a little spoon. However, you come into today's show with another piece of what I think is in sendury information you told me about yesterday, your wife's theory about relationships. I read that and was like, it made me question my relationship with my wife. And I've been married twenty one years, but it really made me doubt the bedrock of our relationship anyway more than that. In half an hour An.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Al right, Ty for this morning exact where time was on the show. Although we talk about classic toys today after we saw Toy Story four yesterday comes out Today's brilliant movie. We're going for toy celebrities basically, smash a celebrity and a toy together. I've got stretched Lance Armstrong.
Speaker 4: Good and he stretched the rules, didn't he they didn't. He broke the.
Speaker 3: Ashes, smashed, he snatched it to smithere aids.
Speaker 5: Jener Aniston, Come on, your name is Jenna Aniston Shaw, jener Aniston, ginger for Aniston, jener Aniston, Rag Dolly Parton old score, toy that one and Yoko Uno I love that's a great card game.
Speaker 2: That is all right, Jack? What have you got for toy celebrities?
Speaker 4: Barbie streisand ah yes, Morgan he men, tickle me Elton, sorry a tickleby like a tickle me Elmo, A tickle me Elton. Hey, I got more season game boil all right?
Speaker 2: Textus yours on? Oh four seven five oh three one oh four three? Can you open the window, Pats and are he's just stunk it up? Toy celebrities. That's we're looking out for yours now, toy celebrities. Oh four seven five oh three one oh four three, What have you got with Martin the Man? Ten minutes time the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I love it when sometimes the reception is getting Marie is obviously he's got in the last twenty minutes, and they obviously fire up their computers. The beautiful receptions that work here, they work really hard, and they'll obviously start to get emails that have come in this morning right to do with what the radio station has been up to. I'm actually getting to what today. You see an email here from a lovely lady called Wendy, subject Patsy's cake. I know, Patsy, I want one hundred percent on your side. A cake with butter cream should not fall apart a trip from where a Bee to Essendon unless you had the car heating at fifty degrees. I do a bit of service baking, primarily a hobby, but I do have a registered kitchen. I am local to you and Hoppers and have a kate picked up on Friday. I could easily make you something. But however, last Friday I drove one with butter cream from Hoppers to Melter with no issues at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it was the way it was made. Kept the heater off in the car.
Speaker 2: She might add, all right, today's that work time waster is toy celebrities smash a toy in a celebrity together Fifi Xbox gold, Mitch and Glen Iris g I, Joe Pesci gold.
Speaker 4: You don't like laughing about the next time?
Speaker 2: I just I was just trying to work it out. Kim Couplunk, Skian Gordashian. I guess, yeah, yeah, that's what I biked. It's a classic. Mike silver, care Bear Grills Gold, Jack in the Box, Nicholson silver, Colin Smurth for Colin First Gold, Duaane The pet Rock, Johnson gold plus, Dan Well Done, Legonardo DiCaprio silver, Elmo john silver, Sam Pitt Harrington Kit Harrington, Game of Thrones Bronze slot, Carson Daily silver plus, Rubik's Cuba Juning, Gooding Junior Silver, Jared Lego gold, Teddy Danson silver plus, Cully Jenger.
Speaker 4: Oh that's that's a better ginger than yours.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on, Aniston is spot on the nose. Whoopee Cushion Gold gold plus, Game Boy George Silver plus, Bob Marbles, that's genius plus very very good, Melmo Gibson Gold, Elton, Johnopoli Silver, Shane Souffler and Furby Mercury Silver plus. All right, Gavin Heiderberg and everyone, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This time yesterday, Jack was rocking the world with his big spoon little spoon, the fact that he likes to be little spoon held by his wife as big spoon winger. Each relationship has their own rules. Okay, then he brings this to the table. This is gonna upset every single one of you listening who is in a relationship.
Speaker 4: So, as a continuation to the big Spoon Little spoon, Byank is saying that I always have to get her onto my side of the bed, and I never go one spoon on her side of the bed. And she said it's because there's always one person in any relationship that loves the other one more. And she said, in our relationship, it's me. I love you more than you love me. I said that is not true. She said, every couple has one.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's right.
Speaker 2: It really yeah, I do, And who is it?
Speaker 3: In yours or is it that one's needier than the other.
Speaker 4: She just said, straight up, who there's one that likes the other one more?
Speaker 3: How do you? How do you judge that?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: Like she just says, every the one who it is in the relationship knows.
Speaker 2: That is mind blowing as song as you married twenty one years. I'm confused, are you? Yes?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess, using Bank's logic, if you don't know you're the one who likes the other one more than than the other person.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think. I think if I went under a bus, my wife would be absolutely fine. She would I would would go I wouldn't she. In fact, she probably would have driven the bus because I've recently had to up my life assurance as well.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 2: Why is there a red laser dot on my chest right now? My wife's trying to kill me. As what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: Does she have to hit you in the buff and go back and forth?
Speaker 2: She actually gets more money if I'm disabled than if I die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she wants to clip you with the bus, leet me.
Speaker 2: Bad enough that I don't, but not take me out of the game completely. She gets more money. That way, it's a bigger payout. So yeah, that is a mind blowing theory. It's true, then, yeah, I think, who is it?
Speaker 3: Chris?
Speaker 4: Like my husband likes you more than you like him.
Speaker 3: Not that I don't like him, but.
Speaker 2: No, Chris, Chris is going to be at work and someone's going to say, apparently your wife can take or leave you go? What? No?
Speaker 3: Because he puts me up on this pedestal that I don't think I'm worthy of. Just why I say that? Like he just yeah, I would say, you are.
Speaker 2: You're very much like a cat there you are two reasons. One very volatile. You can go to sort of stroke pats and you'll get lashed in the face, ah, scratched and you don't know what's why the cat's done that. Anything is you are one of those people just take or leave it. You can just get out like a straight cat or something.
Speaker 4: You know, if you found a better family who've had you better than.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I actually I think that with us as well. I could think you could be sway to leave this station is more easily than anybody else has been. And I'm not sure, actually even I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What a show it's been today, So much has come out. How are you feeling at the end of it?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've exercised your demails, I have.
Speaker 3: I feel fantastic, No wonder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nisen's end out because she dumped it on me yesterday.
Speaker 12: Hey, I am absolutely just head it out, numb skull. Anyway, it's going out of social.
Speaker 2: Media, not back with no back in down mate Zen.
Speaker 12: Like, hey, I am absolutely.
Speaker 1: In.
Speaker 12: I just heading out with fine mull.
Speaker 4: And for people who haven't heard the rest of the show, that's over.
Speaker 2: A cake the center. This is a cake, you're right, Jack, it's a birthday cake for an eight year old girl.
Speaker 3: Well no, it was poor, poor service, like I said, cat lady and taking that you know what out of a person and a customer.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone who scares you more in this building? Seriously? Right. Title of today's show came from Pats's mouth at six this morning. Good luck, honey, We're back to my morning when you wake up. Croft's going to be on the show as well. More out on John Tickets. Huggy's on the way, Another chance you'll win your way to get our phone contacts list.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three