Speaker 1: Is it just me the rude shocks of young adulthood?
Speaker 2: Okoy?
Speaker 3: Do have time to hear from today's guest on the podcast, the one and only Jessica Rowe.
Speaker 2: We're big fans of her work.
Speaker 3: She's been on our TV screens for years and now on our TikTok.
Speaker 2: She's a bloody hoot.
Speaker 4: She's the best.
Speaker 3: We spoke to her the other day and I decided to organize a little surprise for my mother.
Speaker 2: Jane who is who was in town? Yeah, she was saying with me. She's a big fan of Jests Row, so I brought her in to meet her. So cute. Wait till you hear the reaction.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honestly, it was so over the top. I wasn't expecting. I didn't know that my mother was that melodramatic, but.
Speaker 2: It was adorable. We loved having Jests in the studio.
Speaker 1: Bill love it. If you don't know who Jesse is TV icon, been in the media in the country for a long time. A very funny, very enigmatic, eclectic.
Speaker 2: Woman, very much herself one of a kind. Loved it.
Speaker 1: Are here to go? This is us with jess Row.
Speaker 4: Good evening. I'm Jessica Road.
Speaker 2: Watch me write Jessica Row. They're everywhere at the moment.
Speaker 1: This is a moment that we've been waiting for, personally Mitchell for such a xt moment bucket and as you know, the show is the show's terminal. We're in our dying months. So what we're trying to do is tick off some items from our bucket list. Many things live on that bucket list. But I was only talking last week about how I hate having guests on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know where that came from. No, sure, our next guest is not one of those people that is my next point.
Speaker 1: No, this guess is the exception because they are so talented, they're one of the warmest people in the industry. We adore the Mitchell since before we even had a show.
Speaker 4: One of my favorites of all time.
Speaker 1: Hilarious fun, she's a mum TV presenter, she's one of the one of the hottest couples in Australia. She's a cat lover.
Speaker 2: It is just right.
Speaker 4: Well, I just feel so lucky being here. I instantly feel cooler I do. I feel like my if there's such a thing, my cool radar is like you're all up.
Speaker 1: Or that's what they say. You've got aller points from being here.
Speaker 2: I mean, as far as outfits go, you take the cool cake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel so underdressed next to Jessica by justice, But where do you even buy tool Like?
Speaker 4: This is my confetti jacket and I had to bring the confetti the party for all of you. I love an outfit. I normally, as you know, like to incorporate a cat something in my outfit, but I haven't today. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now we need to address this, this romance because Mitch and I walk up and you know a couple of mitches, Mitch and Mitch. People go love the Mitch's and we walk up, jess pushes us to the side, tackles Jenna to the ground.
Speaker 3: It goes it's you get these two clowns and Jenna she's got We were the assistance.
Speaker 1: What is going on here?
Speaker 4: I'm so excited to see Jenna in this guys, because we bonded over pussy cats were crazy cat ladies. And when I was doing a fill in shift for Jonesy and Amanda filling Amanda's very big shoes, jennerally chatting and we were talking about cats, and I've got cat suits, boxes of them at home merch.
Speaker 1: Course you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And as soon as I saw photos of them, I was like, I have to because I love pilates so and I love cats.
Speaker 2: And I love j Son.
Speaker 1: Wear it to pilarate.
Speaker 2: I've not seen this cat suit? Is it Pilarti's appropriate.
Speaker 4: It's very pilati is appropriate. Okay, it's a onesie so it's all in one. And why it's great for pilarates or any kind of exercise really is it covers everything so nothing hangs out. Oh I love that, and it's got the pictures of smiling cats all over it.
Speaker 3: I've just had a Google and you all, but I was picturing. I was picturing some fairy ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was picturing furries too, like Marti Gras, you know.
Speaker 4: Like a furbie.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, kind of Oh but there It's.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, that's right.
Speaker 2: It gets going.
Speaker 4: It's not this, No, it's not, but it does get me going.
Speaker 2: Where is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are very excited to have you here because Mitch and I and Jenna, I suppose we are like TV as I remember, surely you guys remember too, like the golden days of Channel ten. It was Jez throw and Ron Wilson on the NUS, The Simpsons neighbors. Oh, you were just glued to Channel ten back in the day.
Speaker 4: Five.
Speaker 3: Yesaltic about it, but I reckon now, you kind of be glad that you're not in a news three to job, right, because you're not able to show a lot of personality and something like that.
Speaker 4: Not at all. And I loved at the time being like a news presenter in a vertal columnies.
Speaker 2: You were bloody good at it.
Speaker 4: It's so good. Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: But that was not the true jest that we know.
Speaker 4: But also the point is it wasn't It wasn't all of me. And I think when I began as a journalist, I was very you know, I thought I had to be serious. So I had these ideas I was going to be an overseas correspondent, and I was very and was it a time when you had to just be one thing. I'm going to be a serious journalist. I'm a news presenter, so therefore I have to always be serious. But my favorite story every night was the panda story, the obsessed with pandas, and that was forever my goal that we have to see we need a panda story.
Speaker 3: And in literally a panda story, or just the term they use for something light and fluffy, or it could be the cut up the tree.
Speaker 4: Yeah story, but I know it was legitimately we need a panda story. So every night that was one of the producer's jobs and we come up with all the different you know, pandemonium and all of those kind of cliches. But that was my highlight because I could show a bit of my personality.
Speaker 1: How do I go? And this is good for the young listeners who are in their one line of work and they're in their early twenties and they go, but I kind of want.
Speaker 2: To do this.
Speaker 1: Is that your advice to start having little moments where you're doing exactly what it is you want to do, and then does that lead to more of that.
Speaker 4: I'm always hesitant to sort of give advice because it's different for everyone, and I think the key for all of us stuff. Having said I won't give advice, I'll give some advice I am a mama, is back yourself and have a crack go for it. What is the worst thing that can happen. I've had plenty of very public failures, but I don't regret them. I gave it a go. So I think, don't be afraid, don't be afraid of tapping into what is it your heart is telling you, or ignore the logical part because sometimes we can logic things away. Oh no, no no, but just go for it. And it's when I've had those leaps of faith that I've learnt the most, and it's been the best thing of Also, I think if for people listening, don't be afraid and just go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Literally, my therapist is always encouraging me. Don't forget to be playful. Just because you're an adult now, it doesn't mean you can't be playful. You have fun, and that is the point.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 4: I think the older I get, because I'm now fifty four, my botox though that helps me. But the older I get, the more playful I am.
Speaker 3: We've noticed drecon that all started on Studio ten, where you were allowed to have a bit more fun.
Speaker 2: It wasn't serious journalism. You got to show the true quirky Jess.
Speaker 4: I think that was definitely the more public side of people seeing the more play for me, whereas they'd always been that part of me that my friends knew that would be love a costume and dress up and miss silly like I remember many years ago a friend of mine for her Hens night. She was like, I don't want a Hens night. We're not doing it. I said, no, you have to. You got to do it. And she was like, no strippers, none of that. I said, I promise you there'll be none of that, no silliness. But her name was Georgie, and it was like, we have to come as something, dressed as g that was my idea. So I went as a gorilla costume and she and her now husband, they he picked us up to drop us to the restaurant where we were all going, and she just saw this gorilla and she started going no, no, because she thought it was like a gorilla gram or something.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it.
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 2: It was me.
Speaker 4: She looked down and she saw my leopard Prince stilettos. Then that's jes So. I think there's always been that playful part of me totally. But what, yes, what I loved about doing Studio ten was that I could be truly myself and so I could be silly and like dresses a fart. I mean I dressed as a farmer. What was the reason there was some dress? Was? It was Halloween and you know and craft. I've always loved craft since I was a little girl. I like to fashion a costume or a hat or something. And I crafted this amazing sort of head dress on a headband and I had brown chewl and yellow chewl and green chewel and Peedie. My husband, he's lying next to me in bed and he's saying, what are you doing? And he calls me pussy cat, pussy cat, what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 4: And I said, I'm making a fart cosstumee.
Speaker 2: I bet he wasn't even that shock.
Speaker 4: He wasn't because he basically said, you get more eccentric old you get. So he rolled over and back to sleep. So I'm stitching away and so the next morning, and I didn't. I wanted to surprise everyone, so I scurried out at the end. And I remember I sat next to ite Buttros and she just looked at me and she was like.
Speaker 2: Who are you? What are you? And I said, what do you come dressed there?
Speaker 1: Brilliant?
Speaker 4: I'm a fat And she looked at me and she was like why And I said why not? And to me, though I think that's a really great philosophy for life. When I come at you for certain things, I'll say why would you do that? And I just thought, well, why not? Where am I ever going to get the chance to dress as a fart on national television and have a laugh?
Speaker 3: And now you can say you've done that because how many people can exactly?
Speaker 1: I need a photo of the fart that's.
Speaker 4: Online? Yeah? Just is it?
Speaker 2: Does it upset you to see.
Speaker 1: Where TV is, TV ratings and traditional TV and where you come from? But then looking at me, Studio ten no longer with us RP, we try to interrupt it. That's the fart, there's the Greek because.
Speaker 2: God the green. That's as you were saying, how do you feel with our day to TV? I mean it's sad.
Speaker 4: It makes me sad. And what makes me sad is that there's so many fabulous, creative people who work in television, and because it is changing so much, it's sort of will where can we all go? But I suppose what makes me sad is the lack of imagination. When it comes to free to wear television, it's let's recycle same old formulas because people don't want to take a risk and it's expensive. So that's the part that makes me sad.
Speaker 1: I feel that. I mean, but then you've got influences, and you've got social media, like you you are skyro what are your social numbers?
Speaker 2: And they'd be through the roof, become a bit of a TikTok start.
Speaker 4: You're so good on TikTok. I've got to get back onto the tiktoking. So stopped, Well, no, I haven't stopped, but it takes time. So I've got people will look at my phone and they go, how come you have got like a thousand unready emails and pictures and all this stuff. So I filmed all these things, but I need to sit down and and my daughter's tease Mex, I need glasses. And I'm there like breathing heavily through my nose as I'm like scrolling and then cutting little clips on my phone to put onto things. And then I'll say what's the music? And they're like, mom, if you even have to ask that question, don't put music on this. And I was like, well, what's the trend? Because if you're asking for the trend, it's gone.
Speaker 2: It's past, has happened, it's gone.
Speaker 4: But I enjoy. What I like about TikTok is it's another form of storytelling, and I'm very much sort of what you will do around the microphone. You're sharing stories and that's really how we connect with people. So even though you asked, Mitch, you know, how do you feel to feel sad about what's happening with Telly?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 4: Yes, there's a part of me that is, but there's still all these really exciting ways of storytelling which is far more accessible to a whole lot more people.
Speaker 2: And that that's great.
Speaker 4: My though for you, page, your feed, whatever you call it, there's a lot of blackhead extraction satisfying you just.
Speaker 2: Do you and do you?
Speaker 1: Because some couples love to pop each other's pimples, Like my partner will love to pop my pimples, and I think it's a bit gross, and I'm like, yeah, I've got some friends who are like, I don't want to touch my partners people. Would you ever give you know, Pete had a black head? Would you get it for him?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: No, not now watching And also there's you see, we're older, so we don't really get the blackheads. We had the larger pause. As my daughters like to remind me when I left here to talk to you, or they're like, Mum, you need some powder really, yes, but I didn't put powder on because I think it accentuates pause. When can get older, well then thank you. I'll say that to my girls are like, Mum, you're paws. But yeah, with Pete and I, we don't really have the blackheads so much anymore.
Speaker 2: So that's great blackheads. Hello, look at all of your full skin or death.
Speaker 4: It was so smooth, sure, and your hair like it's so.
Speaker 2: It's not what I gotta say. I look at people like you with short hair, and I go, fuck, your.
Speaker 3: Life must be easier of the mine. Every day it crosses my mind, should I just bloody chop it off?
Speaker 4: Do you have to blow it right every day?
Speaker 2: Not every day? But sometimes it's just a lot of work. It's too high maintenance.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, especially washing it.
Speaker 2: I can't yours down to your ass crack. You need to find a middle ground.
Speaker 4: It is lovely, but I would never have the you see the patience for long hair. I've had short hair, oh, since I was I Reckon eighteen nineteen, same hairdresser for over thirty years. Let anyone else touch my hand I followed him to all the different salons he's gone too, and we have this ongoing joke where every time I sit in his chair, I say, can we have the hair talk? He's like, okay, but what is there to talk about? You just want the same Yeah. And also what I like to do now is, although it's a bit boring at the moment, is to mix it up with the color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've had pink care for a little bit, and pink.
Speaker 4: I've done pink. I've done coral, coral coral, or a pale rock melon. I did a but Petie, my husband was like, oh, pussy cat, I have to take you to the retirement village. Hey, oh I hat didn't like it, no, because he was literally like, oh, this is a like a blue rinse.
Speaker 3: This is something old ladies do, right, because that's the only color that attaches to gray hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh is that really know that? Yes? Blue and per a purple, Yeah, which is why they do it. Yes, I didn't know that a big color. Yeah, it looks great. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: But I do need to mix it up again with a bit of color. So whenever I go to the hairdresser, PETI, he looks at me like, what color are you doing? I say to him, all right, Pete, I'm going boring labrador color for you, crazy color next.
Speaker 3: I do love hearing all the stories about Petie being so patient with you, especially all the crap housewife stuff, because not only I've made it no secret that you are a crap housewife, but you completely embrace it.
Speaker 2: It's actually genius. It's my brain now. I can't be expected to be good at this hair exactly.
Speaker 4: And what I had not expected was that by embracing being a crap housewife, by embracing my imperfection, that it would resonate with so many other people and for me, because I had terrible postnatal depression after the birth of both of my girls, and it was particularly bad after I had Allegro, who's now seventeen, and so much of that was tied up with thinking I had to be perfect, that I had to be the perfect mom, I had to keep the house looking perfect, I had to know what to do, and for me being able to with a lot of help with a psychiatrist, with my medication, able to learn to go. You know what, you don't have to be perfect, embrace your imperfection and then having a laugh at myself, so calling myself a crap housewife, posting to socials with the hashtag crap housewife. It then resonated with a whole lot of other people, because often when we're going through really hard times, you feel like it is only you, and all it takes is often to hear someone else also struggling, to go, oh, I'm not alone in this.
Speaker 1: It isn't it the weight that you feel, Oh, your shoulders incredible.
Speaker 4: And that was what happened with me. So with crap Housewife, I remember it began with social media through a conversation, As often things great things can come from conversation. And I was talking with a friend and our kids were similar, were of a similar age, and we were both really struggling. We were bored, like it's really boring with little kids.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine like keeping them alive and changing, and then when they're.
Speaker 4: Toddlers, it's like I just want to go to the park and SIT's in the sand pit. This is really boring. And so this particular friend was similar light minded to me, and I was like, have you seen these perfect meals and perfect lives that people are posting? And she's like, oh my god, yes, and I said, but that's not me. And there was a part of me that was thinking, oh, no, I'm not good enough. And then there was another part of me that got angry and thought, no, this is crap. I'm going to start posting to socials with the hashtag crap housewife. What I in fact cook for my family each night.
Speaker 2: If it's a bit bad, lots of burnt.
Speaker 4: Brown food, mince in all sorts of different guys is because you can never stuff up with mint mince. And then also to my messy house and my laundry baskets that would forever be an explosion of clothes that would just be at the bottom of the stairs.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that someone who's a self proclaimed crap house wife has now become the ambassador for Vanish laundry powder. I know, do they realize that they've backed someone who doesn't even like washing?
Speaker 2: Do they follow you?
Speaker 4: They are? And this is what is so spectacular is that being able to team up with Vanish. Their packaging is all this wonderful bright pink and they had this terrific new Vanish Gold pro which you can put in the wash thirty minutes twenty degrees, Celsius.
Speaker 2: That's the one I've got. It's good. Shit, it is good.
Speaker 4: Is it it any tough stain?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: You put back and white? Well you got to separate it, of course, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Well it's not really miney? Sorry here am I saying you? How dare I laundry shame you? The only reason, Mitch, that I actually know that is because Pdi, my husband, he is a whiz in the laundry, so it's actually it's his job. So he's pretty excited by all the Vanish gold pro pink buckets everywhere because he is just on fire with the laundry. And what is also wonderful is he is pass that trait onto our eldest daughter, Alegra. She loves doing the laundry. You are living the dream. You've let that big time having people to do it for you exackly. They both have it covered. Giselle, who's fifteen. Even though she's very organized, she's messier like me. She's someone who sort of just drops things. When you sort of drop as you.
Speaker 1: Go, undies go down and they stay down.
Speaker 4: Where they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my pajamas every morning, I go to bed every night. Where the hell are my pajamas and they're always in the shower because I get up in the morning, I just drop my pajamas and I get straight at the shower and they stay on the floor.
Speaker 2: It's bad, Jess. It's no, it is not. It's real.
Speaker 4: It's you, And I think for all of us, what's so important to recognize is embrace who you are. Don't feel like you've got to fit into someone else's idea of what having a good life is all about, or being in a good relationship or whatever it might be.
Speaker 5: Just do you.
Speaker 4: Because it just when podcast by a couple of Midges.
Speaker 3: Suggests what was it like for you when you were in your twenties like we are, and you first moved out of home Because you say that you're messy, you hate chores, and so when you first moved out and you were.
Speaker 2: Offending for yourself, how did that go? I'm looking at you wincing right now.
Speaker 4: Well, I was a shocker. I mean I was of the general where the minute we could leave home, we left home. And so I left home at eighteen, and then I moved away to go to UNI and I was lived on campus for my first year, which was great because we had to eat campus food. It was pretty bad food, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Have to cook perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, perfect. And then then I moved into a share household which was just the pits, like it was so grossy even for me, Like there was mold on the tiles, like.
Speaker 1: It was that's a word of passages, and it is, of course it is.
Speaker 2: House days.
Speaker 4: And I was lucky enough that I had some beautiful, generous friends who were far more responsible than me, who would actually use their money to buy food, whereas I'd use my money to buy shoes.
Speaker 2: And I'd thought of.
Speaker 4: Go, oh my god, because I had off study at the time, which was sort of the allowance that you get very meager amount from the government but was still great. But I'd blow it on a pair of shoes, and then I'd go, I do the same, Oh my goodness, what made week for the next weekend. So but my lovely friends they feed me. So I sort of I learnt via osmosis, but there is still that tendency in me not to be irresponsible but to splash out and and thank goodness for Petie because he makes sure the carriage.
Speaker 1: Is paid insurance.
Speaker 4: It's sure, it's But all of those practical things and is your license up to date, like all of those sort of adult things. Yeah, he does all that, whereas I I do like the show and he's like, no, this is not funny. We don't need the after dinner show. Like there's no you might think.
Speaker 1: We do Instagram live the after dinner show, Jess. We all want to see that.
Speaker 4: And your jokes, my mom jokes.
Speaker 2: I actually bought my mother that joke book for Mother's Day. Actually got a huge.
Speaker 1: Jane Coombs, Mitch's mother is one of the biggest jets row for even I know it that she adores you.
Speaker 2: I don't want to put you on the spot. But she's daying with me at the moment. She's outside. Can I bring Yeah, that will make her day. Yeah, she's daying with me at the moment. Yeah, Okay, I'll go get Jane.
Speaker 1: Jane, she's she's from Bogan Gate.
Speaker 2: Which I've driven.
Speaker 4: I've been there at boken Gate.
Speaker 1: Put a pinion bog and gad missus.
Speaker 2: Jane, I'm so expectives in here.
Speaker 4: I come and give you a heart.
Speaker 1: Oh she's stuked be.
Speaker 4: Wake up to every morning.
Speaker 1: I wake up to every morning.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so special.
Speaker 5: You're honesty and you're.
Speaker 1: Just doan'e go on the microphone, you can have a chat.
Speaker 2: I want to act.
Speaker 3: We ask you, Jess, because mum lives in bogen Gate. That's where I grew up. And Mum got the shock of her life when she saw you post on Instagram You in Boga Gate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I told you ton't said, oh my god, she's near the sign and I didn't know. I would have been in there. She was going to condo c w A.
Speaker 4: Was there and I had the best time there. But I wish i'd known you then, Jane, because I would have loved.
Speaker 2: To stop off.
Speaker 5: You would have come to the bogen Gate or out to the farm.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you need to check your car for an air tag. I think Jane's there. Oh this is great.
Speaker 4: Back to the microphone, but I just want to.
Speaker 2: Keep giving you means so much.
Speaker 4: You must be so proud of your son.
Speaker 5: Oh I am so proud of Yeah. But I'm like the boy from bogen Gate and these guys like they're just amazing every day.
Speaker 4: But what a beautiful mum you are. Tell me then, what's because my daughters they're fifteen and seventeen now.
Speaker 2: And I was a bit of a nightmare at that age.
Speaker 5: I yes, Mitchell has always been my special one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you can just take we No, no, not at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just love seeing your daughters doing so well. They were doing a modeling, just looking so stunning.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know why. It just sort of makes me really happy.
Speaker 2: And she loved the joke book I got her.
Speaker 5: And the clothes on this complete bogan.
Speaker 4: Your fabulous country road, which is so cool. Yeah, country road.
Speaker 5: I'm usually in my gloody farm clothes and you and your beautiful, bright, colorful clothes.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to compare, Jane. You do completely different people, you know, and look you can still connect over being Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's I think you know what it's about too, I believe. And I was chatting earlier like I love getting older and I find the older I get, I care less about all the naysayers out there, definitely, And I'm more and more keen to tap into joy. What is it that brings me joy? It makes to your heart?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's so true, like you just don't care as much as you used to about what people think about you, what they say about you, and to me, that's the only good thing about getting older. Nana like that is like, yeah, both niches will tell you that, Yeah, Nana's love being uncle.
Speaker 1: Now I just had a niece, Mitch just had a Niece's worn ages?
Speaker 4: And is it different because I'll often hear people say that being a grandmother is different to being a mum, that the sort of love you feel is different or is it the same for you?
Speaker 5: I guess it's a different sort of joy. Maybe it's a more relaxing mom because with the grandchildren, it's just, oh, you are so cute. What they've got a problem deal with that parent?
Speaker 2: They're just cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That is the thing is that I and I hadn't realized this until I became a mum, was that you never stopped being a mum in the sense of you're never there yet, your kids are never there yet. And each step that my girls go through, I'm along with them and I want to if I can fix something. I'm a terrible helicopter parent. I still I try not to be, but I do. It means like I hover around around too much a bit. I'm like there and like I shouted people on escalectors.
Speaker 2: Once.
Speaker 4: No, because there was one time like when people and I'm sure Jane you could relate to this, when people are unkind to your kids.
Speaker 3: Oh that is like Mama, oh look out poor rather up at the TikTok comments exactly.
Speaker 4: And and there was this particular time when I was on the escalators with my daughters. Were going up the escalators and then there was some kids at the bottom of the escalators, similar age, but I could see that they were talking about the girls and giving them not very nice looks. So we went up and then I went, I hope everyone's being kind and my girls are going, oh, mom're doing But I'm like, no, like, I'm not going to have that's so obviously people being mean.
Speaker 2: Yes in that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you definitely have this some that mama bear protective thing. Definitely.
Speaker 2: I'm going to let you keep chatting motherhood off the cloud.
Speaker 1: Sorry to kick you out show. No, it's all right. The show's ending, and at this rate we won't have any time for any other episode.
Speaker 5: One thing that I'd like all my children here and then I'll let you to get on to other things that they will always be the first people we think about out when we wake up. Where has this come from but the last people we think about when we go to sleep forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that no, I'm sort of on the periphery of that.
Speaker 2: She thinks of you around lunchtime.
Speaker 4: But Jane beautifully said, and you're so right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when they grow up and leave home and you'll have that sad, hard part to do with.
Speaker 4: Well, it's that silver thread, isn't it That forever connects you to your kids and that can never be broken.
Speaker 5: That's right, Yeah, even yet though I'm in bogenate and they're miles away. Sorry to keep bringing that.
Speaker 1: Let's finish this episode then you can.
Speaker 2: I'll get a gorgeous photo of you two once we're yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, right back at you, Jane, your mum is heaven. And for me, though, my heart is full after meeting your mum, because life is all about connection and if we can connect with one another, it makes such a difference. That to me is the stuff of life. So that's made my day, my week, my everything.
Speaker 1: I have to Bill though, with telehealth or something that was very therapy towards me.
Speaker 2: I expecting that. M Lase, she goes, oh, I'll talk to Jess. I'm come see the studio. Oh, jess will be very interesting. Okay, and then.
Speaker 3: Can we do one more thing with you before you go, oh yes, this feels bloody. It's stupid to do this now because we just got real deeper. It's not that deep, but you see that's I love that though. I like to have the big, deeper meaningfuls. But then we've got to have a laugh.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: So what we're doing now is it's silly and stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you are the Vanish ambassador and also a crap housewife.
Speaker 2: We just want to see.
Speaker 3: Okay, how well do you really know washing machines and the whole laundry process? Are you an expert? You know that there's two kinds, the top loaders and the front loaders.
Speaker 2: Yes, ah, yes I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, So we're going to play some audio of washing machines and you have to guess top or bottom. So this everyone's top or bottom with Jessica.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: I'm ready? Okay, okay, a game about laundry. This is laundry top or bottom, Jessica, row, top or bottom?
Speaker 2: That's top? Correct? Wow, I was thinking bottom.
Speaker 1: Just the witness of Mitchell.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just because the top machine it's noisier.
Speaker 1: There's a drum.
Speaker 2: Yes. What about this one? Top or bottom?
Speaker 4: That's bottom? I reckon?
Speaker 3: Correct, God, Jessica, an experts, Vanish are going to go through.
Speaker 1: Vanish chosen the right ambassador.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. What about the next one? I reckon that's.
Speaker 4: Top bottom, like the water going in from the top.
Speaker 2: You know what that is though?
Speaker 1: I think that's a power bottom. I think because it sounds like it's got a bit more you know, guts more drum in. I was picturing the drum too, jets.
Speaker 2: What about this one? Oh, top or bottom, Jessica, that's top, Benash's right.
Speaker 1: That sounds like my childhood top.
Speaker 4: It does when I was a kissing and when you put too many towels or something in there, and it would like they get all stuck and you'd have to.
Speaker 3: I mean, so far, you're doing pretty bloody well. I've got one more. Okay, top or bottom?
Speaker 4: Are gonna say?
Speaker 2: Bottom?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 2: That's the top? Hey, three out of five, that's a past.
Speaker 1: That's a part you can talk about the Vanish check.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, and thank you to Vanish goldpro.
Speaker 2: Yes, get it in there, just one more thing before you go.
Speaker 3: Oh of course I know that you don't like smart a lot, But we ask every guest the same question. They add to our list. It's just a little thing in life. You appreciate something that brings you joy. Because our younger listeners, we don't want them going down that path of debauchery. I'm obsessed with partying and boys. So it's like a good crunch of an apple. Yeah, stepping on a crunchy autumn leaf, something like that, Angela Bishop said, her waterbed.
Speaker 2: That's a main Brook said, eating streaky bacon in bed.
Speaker 3: The reason that I'm reluctant to bring it up is because it's called the list of things better than drugs and dick Anyway, come on.
Speaker 2: Just as aaquito bar?
Speaker 4: Oh I love a jaquito bar? Can I read my kindle at night in bed? Oh?
Speaker 2: Jaquito bar?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I know what alack an orange black with orange font orange?
Speaker 2: Yes, well you go font.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean?
Speaker 4: But that's like so young person is yeah, like all the font I get all excited over the new font on like Instagram. I'm like, oh, look at that one.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: That confuses the hell out of me. Instagram.
Speaker 2: He found old. Now I'm like, no, why do they keep changing things?
Speaker 1: Do you want to put the photo behind to the photo in front?
Speaker 4: I'm like, this is Instagram works a lot about who you are?
Speaker 5: You you.
Speaker 1: I think jets Row is like Windings, you know, like you do like Mitchell. You're not Calibri or Ariel. I'm talking fonts here.
Speaker 2: All the graphic is comic sans yes, very comic sans see.
Speaker 1: Jenna, you are a gorgeous I think like an arial, like a like a like a classic. You're timeless classes, you know. And then I think Jess is Windings. Windings is that font which is just eccentric and aclectic.
Speaker 4: So I can't see. I haven't got my glasses. I'm doing that squinting old person.
Speaker 1: What is this incredible?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much?
Speaker 4: I want to keep talking.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jane's waiting outside.
Speaker 1: You'll be talking, don't you anytime soon? Jess ro also the Gestro a big chat show you can get just obviously podcast Yeah, wherever you get your podcasts?
Speaker 2: Is that the big talk show? Not big oh sorry, big talk show.
Speaker 4: Here's ma. I'm just nodding at you, going yeah, big radio. I just speak big the gest Ro, big talk show, I.
Speaker 1: Said, big chat show. Sorry Jess, you put in big and then come up. That's after many tea but see that's I'm glad we finally did that.
Speaker 2: Mitch that thanks so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you all. I love this is It Just Me podcast by a couple of midges.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast AFT