Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one, I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 2: App Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey this is Christian. Kind of a strange one for me right at the top of the show, but let's go for it. Anyway. There's a listener who emailed me, a podcast listener in the UK called Paul Johnson. Paul Johnson emailed me a couple of years ago with an incredible story about my un called Tom, who saved his life. And then Carma came back around and I'll correspondent Paul saved someone related to Tom. This story whenever I share it or tell anyone about it gives me goosebumps and other people I just reduced to kind of all really, which is why I want to include it in my book. But I can't an s I hear from Paul. I've emailed Paul Johnson. It's a bounce back. He's not on that email anymore. All don't know as he listens to the UK. Paul Johnson, if you're still listen to the show, and I hope you're well, please email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot a you thank you very much. Enjoy today's pod.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Alex, good morning, coome On, Patsy Morning, Rieo, good morning, good morning. Did everyone survive the storms?
Speaker 4: It was so windy over yes, so loud as well. I could barely sleep. It was gushing that rain.
Speaker 5: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh you poor little we have a nightmare. Some team members seem to think that we've gone into sub zero temperatures. There's a producer who will remain nameless, who's wearing a heavy knit nitwear has come out. It's blustery. It's blustery. It's blustery. It's mild still out there. It's too soon to get the nitwear out. But Caitlin is in nitwear that you'd see if you're in Russia on the ski fields Siberia. It is if you've seen it, heavy duty nitwear. A mild breeze is like, get out the winter clothes.
Speaker 5: We don't have your cold English blood. We've got our warmest.
Speaker 1: Pulls out. They get down the beach, get the slip slap slop on, get a wine brimmed hat. It's another glorious day to be out there. It's beautiful day. This makes me does feel like it's still quite mild out there. Yeah, so it's sort of even yesterday when it was pouring our rain it was mild rain. It was it was, it was, it was humid. Pats's right, it's mild rain.
Speaker 6: Both cities have copped at Melbourne and Sydney. So do you wear the warnings for both cities today?
Speaker 1: And so one bit to the footing last night was there only delays We almost.
Speaker 7: Got canceled ninety minutes before the game at Brookvale Oval in Sydney's northern beaches. Like torrential rain, cyclonic winds. It was crazy. There was a blackout of Brookvale Oval.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patsy, what's the bright side of your weekend?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, we've got our teenager going to a party tomorrow night. So it's uber mom and dad and it's in the city and we thought, you know what, we might grab a bite tweet while we do that. So it's kind of a cheeky date night kind of not because you you know, parents taxi, but you take anything you can get, don't you really like it's like, oh, we've got three hours to spin together. Yeah, so we've got a nice dinner tomorrow night. Would would be good?
Speaker 1: All right, let us know what is the bright side of your weekend? Text me oh four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: Come morning the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Let us know what is the bright side of your weekend? You can share it with us. Oh fall seven five three one oh four three. Alex, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 7: Birthday parties coming out our ears? Birthday parties every weekend. We've got two. We've got one on Saturday, we've got another. Friends friends of the kids. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So lots of.
Speaker 1: You always feel like you have to say to the kids, how could a friend? Yeah, you actually got a sliding scared of Kasherooney's that's it?
Speaker 7: What'sort of present are we buying for this friend? So lots of small talk with other parents we don't really know, so, oh, what's on for the rest.
Speaker 1: It's the hard part of parenting that when he talks about, is the crunchy small talk. You have to do a lot of yes with people that you would never normally be friends with, and unfortunately the dads just get thrown together in a pit.
Speaker 7: With no alcohol.
Speaker 1: With no alcohol, it gets really raw dog in it without any moos. It's it gets ready alcohol.
Speaker 5: At a kid's birthday part, you.
Speaker 1: Know, they like young and they starts start tearing into like get smashing beers.
Speaker 5: Can you sometime?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: No, especially for the morning months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only what you're going to be at one of those ball pits and it's like ten am on a Sunday and you're smashing wine callers for pre mixer trips. No, you need it. But the small talk, it's just like men I don't think are good at small talk anyway. No, they're not. Women are so good at making small talk. They're just whereas menu, it's all that you know, how's work going, what's what do you do? How's that going, how's work going, how's your super It's just like, God, you know how to stay gay? Rio stay gay?
Speaker 7: So sooner?
Speaker 5: That sounds bleaker.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: It's also leaving the conversations too.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, there's no exit plan.
Speaker 7: There's no ex plan. That's the thing. You got to go to the bathroom something like that.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, my kid, I would always look over enviously my wife be deep deep, deep in conversation. I had some kind of deep podcast. We just made sure the two minutes ago, how is she doing that?
Speaker 5: Women get deep very quickly.
Speaker 4: I learned this when I was getting ready at producer Caitlin's wedding, and they really get into it, or even like just very new friends.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you guys do it.
Speaker 1: So you know what it's like. You Brian new iPhone and you do that. You do you put the two phones together, they start doing data transfer. That's what it's like. We're gonna start doing it. I remember once being on holiday and our daughters were younger, so this has been about ten years ago, and we just got tracked to this woman whose kids are also playing in this ball a bit with our two daughters. I said I was to tour with it. When I came back a beare. A couple of minutes, Sarah goes, oh, this is alectures. By the way, she's getting over a very big divorce and starts to give down a drop down everything. Woman's I've been gone for three How did you? How did you? How did you get into She's divorced three minutes.
Speaker 8: This is O'Connor's good for that.
Speaker 1: Great listeners. Almost I almost feel like they've gone. Where is he gone? So you divorced? Quick? Quick, quick? He's coming back in a minute. Tell me everything. I need to have some stuff to break down for him. What what are you up to this weekend? Are you back to zoomber by the way?
Speaker 5: No, No, that's out of a once a month situation in shape.
Speaker 1: Just an hour a month.
Speaker 4: Wow, I was actually sore on the Monday afterwards.
Speaker 8: Really it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 4: My partner Will is going on a winery tour with his friends, which mercifully I am not invited to.
Speaker 5: Thank God, that wine to much that that rip is chaos?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it work friends?
Speaker 4: No, it's his sort of original and school friends. So it's just it's carnage. Absolutely carnage. They're on a mini bus. No, thank you. So I've got my friend Alex coming over and he's helping me clean the gutters for our house for the first and you judge.
Speaker 1: You judge Alex and I about small talk about our super and you're doing the gutters.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't you rather be doing the gunners.
Speaker 1: That Mary Poppins way? Are you insane were storms wind? Perfect weather to get up there.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the only reason we knew the gutters needed cleaning.
Speaker 1: And Partsy's news on Monday.
Speaker 4: Because there was just just rain gushing gushing down and are like, I don't think that's supposed to be happening from our gutters.
Speaker 8: Oh, they're overflowing.
Speaker 1: The overflow you have to go. You do have to get up there and clear them out.
Speaker 5: Is going to be that unsafe?
Speaker 4: You just got to clim up a ladder and give a little I wouldn't do it today.
Speaker 5: No, no, not today.
Speaker 8: And there's still ladder.
Speaker 1: When was the last time you're upper ladder? That's proper adulting as well. It's the ladder work. You've got a good ladder sounds like a dad, you've got a good ladder dirty. That's another good topic, you know when you're in other dads, how's your how's work going? What do you do? You got a good ladder?
Speaker 5: Five partners?
Speaker 4: Dad will gave us a ladder for a Christmas so we do have a good good gid Dad.
Speaker 5: Do you wrap up a ladder?
Speaker 1: Is it a new kayak? Yeah? You need a really good ladder, okay, And the ladder is all about the safety person, someone holding up Yes, and the standard post that is one foot on that right. You always just put what that foot on as if this will hold anything. One foot here checking your phone there's someone up there, but you do need a good safety person. That's the anchor person.
Speaker 8: Should be home on your own getting up.
Speaker 5: No, No, I've got my friend Alex.
Speaker 1: Do you have that golden rom with Chris now, pats Well.
Speaker 6: I don't really think any man over fifty should be upper ladder at all.
Speaker 1: But one of the biggest arguments we ever had once when there came home and I was up a ladder. Why were you up the ladder? You would have thought I was taking drugs having an orgy. I think if I was having an orgy it would have been milder. Her response, what God? Getting down right now?
Speaker 5: Do you want to die?
Speaker 1: Do you want to meet your grandchildren? I was like, wait, they're pregnant. What's happened? But that'd been up this lad of ten minutes. We now have a golden rule. You don't go up a load of boy yourself.
Speaker 8: Oh definitely not. Chris will be up there with the hedge trimmer and.
Speaker 1: The questions you've got a hedge on the roof. Why does that house is that Christmas? With a clumps up there?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today and all next week. We have got a big prize for the families. We have family passes and loads more after the Sydney guyal East to show. It is back next week April the second to the thirteenth. You can grab your early bird tickets and save at Easter Show dot com dot au. At any moment on the show, there'll be an Easter egg, an Easter egg played during the show at any moment. Soon as you hear it, you call and you win. It's as easy as that thirteen fifty five twenty two. Today's Easter egg is it's the lamb the pace. When you hear the Golden Lamb, you get ready to call it as quickly as you can thirteen fifty five twenty two. So you would have gone to the Sydneys to show over the years.
Speaker 4: I'm barely mister, ye I reckon because you go as a kid with your family, then you go as a teenager, then you go at UNI and now I'm taking my next show every single home.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's the best. It's an institution.
Speaker 4: It's got everything for anyone that could make you possibly won. You've got wood chopping, showbags, ride.
Speaker 1: You haven'ty mentioned you haven't. He mentioned the cows.
Speaker 5: There's cows.
Speaker 4: If you want to see some of the best dad clouds in the We love cows.
Speaker 1: They lose their money. Cows and lambs and goats. You're right, lambs.
Speaker 5: Yep, yes, your kids would love it, would nay, Alix.
Speaker 7: Oh, we used to take our kids all the time. They absolutely adore the Royal Easter Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And as you say, real, it's an institution. You do whatever in Eastern So wonderful, wonderful weekend, well two weeks.
Speaker 1: Really. We have a family pass to go to the Royal Easter Show. Family pass are unlimited rites all day long, ten showbacks.
Speaker 5: That's an insane amount of struck.
Speaker 1: And wherever you're listening to us right now. So you could be in Adelaide, you could be in Perth, you could be in Brisbane, whether you're in Melbourne, whether you're in Sydney. If you need flying into Sydney, we will fly you into Sydney so you can join with your family. We'll put you up for the night as well. And throw in a six hundred dollars MasterCard for spending money as well. This is the ultimate prize. So today, all you gotta do you just keep listening like you always do every single morning. Pay extra attention because if you hear the Golden Lamb, we really do, give me a call thirteen fifty five twenty two, any single moment, it's going to the next ten minutes, could go at anywhere in between six and nights going to the next nine minutes, right.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, Go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Look forget you're listening out for the Golden Lamb. As soon as you call it, you can win your family passes will fly you from wherever you are in Australia spending money six hundred dollars accommodation Goodlett Sydney Royal Easter Show. It's gonna be to the next five minutes. It can be any time between now and nine a m. Christian, and I'm ready to try and call and hear the Golden Lamb. Give it next four five minutes, not far off. That's some jasmine good luck. Often when you're busy any texting the show, you know typos are going to happen, happen. Right, we're asking you what are you doing this weekend? What's the bright side of your weekend? Someone's off to see war birds. Now I've just googled. It's not movie war birds. Do you think they mean war plans?
Speaker 5: That's what I would have said.
Speaker 1: Is it the International Air show of this weekend? On? Is it Avalon?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Not No, that's usually at the start.
Speaker 6: Of the year.
Speaker 1: Is it war birds? They're going to see warbirds?
Speaker 5: Yeah, vintage military aircraft.
Speaker 1: It could be tomorrow. Reading on your said, wells, yeah, Michelle, we're gonna need more details. Christian. On a completely unrelated, unrelated side note, and nothing on this show. There are no tangents. It's all unrelated. You inspired me the other day to look up a recipe for proprikash, the Hungarian chicken dish that Phil listen to Sydney. How'd you get on with it? Let me know, I had to freeze mine because I made it. But then my wife was I had root canal surgery and she didn't want it. Wasn't really up for Hungarian proprikish dish?
Speaker 5: Sure, I mean, you know who does?
Speaker 1: After I think quite at lengthy root canal procedures she didn't want. She didn't share mine tonight in a spicy proprika dish.
Speaker 5: The doctors don't normally say that. Make sure you have up kish yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, but Phil glad to try it out. Christian. This weekend we were going away and we have a very very very very very long lunch from my cousin's fiftieth looking forward to him. That's Peter, good luck. Don't forget you're listening out for that golden lamb today. Today's hidden Easter Egg at any moment, three minutes time, three minutes time.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast for.
Speaker 1: Grab it right now and every show next week. We got your Mason tickets. Go to the Sydney Royal Easter Show April the seconds or thirteenth. I cannot believe in fat a week today, it's good Friday, terrifying. This year is going so quickly. It is good Friday. Next weekend is Easter, which means the signer on Lister show is back. You can grab your early bird tickets and save at the Easter Show dot com dot au ten so every single day next week and instead of being fired off a different sound effect, it is the Easter Egg Hunt and hidden Easter Egg very deep within the show. As soon as you hear it audio audio, you get rid of the call thirteen fifty five twenty two because wherever you're listening, we'll get you to Sydney. We stick you up for the night and you're off family pass to the Royal Lisa Show, unlimited rides all day long, ten showbags, and they're only going to get flights in accommodation if you're not listening to us in Sydney. They're also throwing six hundred dollars on a MasterCard for spending money right now with the cost of fuel and it's the cost of living. This is the ultimate family pride. Who do we have on online right now? Sherry? Good morning Money, How are you? I'm good, Sherry, So tell me about the family.
Speaker 2: I'd be taking two of my granddaughters and my husband. Yeah, I would love it, just because I never get anywhere much, because you know, the cost of living is just so expensive right now.
Speaker 9: It's awful, especially few.
Speaker 1: I saw two guys almost getting into an altercation yesterday at the Bowser. Yeah. One guy was doing something really bad. He was filling up a he's fed up his car. Then he got out to Jerry can start filling that out for his lawn mower.
Speaker 5: What is that bad?
Speaker 1: Why don't know? Is being generous at that moment, but it's leaders We're going to share it anyway. Anyway. Anyway, Sherry, how old are the grandkids? You don't sound old enough to be a nana? Sherry.
Speaker 2: I've got nine grandchildren, actually nine, yes, so the two grandchildren might be taking with me at ten and twelve.
Speaker 1: How are you going to picture just two? You're going to do a competition. You can need your own East Egg hunt with the tickets because I.
Speaker 2: Live with these two. So yeah, it'll be not just to take them out.
Speaker 1: I just keep it, just keep it quiet from the other seven y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we haven't done anything recently. Those wait, are those show bags? It's not a couple of years ago there, those old things. Now? Yeah, all right, Sherry, you are today's winner. You get a family pass. You're off to the Raw Easter Show. You and the grandkids, two of them will have an amazing time.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much, Gold, I really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic pleasure. I hope you will have a fantastic time as well. Sherry, have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 2: You too, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Col all right, grab you early bird tickets and save at the Easter Show dot com. Toda you more chances Monday morning when there been new secret Easter egg on.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian more recipe do you? Sir? The propeekish We've got some chicken in the fridge. Fancy doing something different with it over the weekend, Kylie Smith, I'll email you a link. Please don't share it with anyone. Christian, you were kind of right with the air show. The air Show. We're going to see you to see those war words wanaka New Zealand beautiful, beautiful place when they for the first time in January with the kids when we were in New Zealand. They is stunning, all right. Every Friday on the show we share our recommendations and we hope you do as well. Anything that you're reading, watching streaming apps and he hacks you're into at the moment, we call it double thumbs up. Real what have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 5: I'm bloody loving Deadlock season two.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure have you guys watched it any of the Deadlock season, You gotta watch it. It is an aussy crime drama slash dark comedy.
Speaker 5: It is so funny.
Speaker 4: It is one of the most unapologetically, unapologetically bogan ossy shows you'll ever see, but sort of twisted in with this brilliant element of like a who done it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The team love it. The Chuckle sisters love that show.
Speaker 4: It's so funny. It's got a Hemsworth in it. Not Chris, not Liam, not Liam, the other one.
Speaker 1: Fella. It's he's a good actor.
Speaker 5: He's really funny.
Speaker 1: We we we worship all the family of Pemes.
Speaker 5: It's good to see him getting some some screen time as well.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the constigation could believe that he got the Chris Hemmersworth so cheap? And the first John Sell went, wait, that's not Liam, that's what you're paying You want to pull the big one on the other one. Is it good? Second season?
Speaker 4: It's so good that watch the first season. Definitely at set in Tasmania. Second season setting down, it's so funny, like you have huge because the.
Speaker 1: Two leads wrote as well, didn't they?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 1: The two Kates, two.
Speaker 4: Cakes the two Kates aren't in it. I don't believe, but they are brilliant. They've done a lot of really funny ABC work before, and it is just there's no other AUSSI show like it.
Speaker 5: It's really really good.
Speaker 1: By the way, what happened? You only plug your sister's TV show once?
Speaker 5: Just keep doing it well you can.
Speaker 1: It is shocking. He did a quick nudge, a quick sort drive by plugged a couple of weeks ago. We've never heard of it since five minutes about some murder mystery thing Australian dark compedy. Your sister makes her own TV show? How hard is it to get your own TV show? Your brother's on the radio, who says nothing? He had more this hour? You've had more to do? What your gutters? You are putting that ladder up? You know on the other lead, the talentedly I get it. You're worried she's got it's the other least is TV.
Speaker 4: Tonight at the Museum, hosted by the brilliant Alex Lee eight a m. Wednesdays, very very funny, New Fresh.
Speaker 1: Eight am eight pm. Say what comedy show it's on eight am?
Speaker 5: We watch it? I did, Thank you, Thank you very much. I'm up today.
Speaker 1: It's on you know what, Let's do a quiz Monday, pats he's seen a second of this.
Speaker 5: I welcome that.
Speaker 1: All right when I'll be watching it all this weekend making notes and questions. Is this happening Monday for you, buddy boy? So once more? It's on at eight.
Speaker 4: Pm tonight at the Museum eight pm Wednesdays, or you could watch it right now on ABC I.
Speaker 1: View well, listen to the show What about Patsy's News? And you are all over the place, all over the place. That's number's gone to your head. Double thumbs up. Two recommendations for me. First one is a movie my wife and I finally got around to seeing. It was nominated for Oscars. It's on Netflix. It's called Train Dreams. I have not seen a movie as beautiful and as moving as that. How Joel Editing didn't win an Oscar for what at best thing he's ever done. And he is an incredible Australian act to such a talent, he is amazing. It is a beautiful movie, right you know? Sometimes you see you finally says, saying they don't make movies like that very often. They don't. It feels like a movie from a different time. It's is so beautifully done. Everything about it. It's a it's a deeply moving and thinking film about life, and it's so good. The ending is beautiful. My wife and I were in tears at the end of it. Not not heavy tears, but just joy's tears about what it is to live a life and everything you'll go through together is Oh my god. I cannot recommend Train Dreams enough. It's one of this because often these days now, when we're streaming movies at home, it's so much easier. But because easy, you don't engage with it the same way you do at the cinema. You know, at the moment, Ryan Gosney is saying, go and see his new movie at the cinema. And it's not our jobs to save cinema. It's movie makers need to make better movies, you know. And actually, when we're streaming at home, you have your you're half watching it, aren't you. You've got your phone, you check it so let you see what the footy scores are. I noticed that within twenty minutes my wife and I didn't touch our phones. Wow, where you are just you're you're compelled you're drawn into this beautiful movie. It is so good. Can I recommend that enough? You won't be disappointed. You'll be emailing me over the weekend. If you watch it, you will have a lot to say about it. It's beautiful. Train Dreams is the name of the movie. It's on Netflix. And the other thing, which is a bat for a second season that is TV is TV. That's a work of art. It's a hidden camera show called Jury Duty two second season. I did not know that second season is so. It's a hidden camera show. It's all improvactors and there's one member of the public who doesn't know he's the unwitting star of a hidden camera show. They're on a company retreat, right and cast it really well. Is that he's such a lovely, likable guy and they're all improvactors.
Speaker 5: Credible.
Speaker 4: The first season was one of them better than that. Groundbreaking pieces of TV I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Jury Duty is called It's on Amazon Prime. The second season is outstanding. You don't need to have seen the first one. It is so funny. It's it's genius. I don't know how they do it. It's incredible. It's called company retreat. Jury Duty two. All right, we've got the news spot on the way. What are you enjoying at the moment? Text me oh four seven five three one O four three.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Friday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Robbie Williams. Tickets are on sound now fronted touring dot Com. We have a golden pair of tickets to be one right now, So come on, come on.
Speaker 5: Robbie.
Speaker 1: All right, if you want to go and see the one and only Robbie Williams here in Australia in November, call me now thirteen fifty five twenty two. No dumb quiz. We just want to know. Why do you really want to go and see Robbi Williams. Simple as that. Thirteen fifty five twenty two lines are open now call him now, give me the Robbie. We're giving away the tickets next, a golden baird of tickets to see the greatest showing around Robbie Williams.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Morning to Glenn Weber. Christian, I'm enjoying the reboot Scrubs. Me too. It's the show we need right now Christian. Maybe it's no nostalgia seeing Jadian Turk again, but so far, so good. We have a pair of tickets to go and see Robbi Williams. Tickets are on sale right now. Head to Frontier Touring dot Com bringing his Britpoptal to Australia in November. All the tickets are on sale. All the details about how you can go and see him in an Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, all waiting for you Frontier Touring dot Com. Give me the Robbie. So come on, Robbie, let's go to line fifteen thousand and sixty two. It is Kylie. Come on down.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thank you Christians.
Speaker 1: You won the Robbie Williams tickets.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: That's all right, pleasure. Now have you seen Robbie before? Never, You've never seen me?
Speaker 2: Always despread to see him.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic. Now who you're going to be taken with? You? You want a free paid tickets?
Speaker 2: I'm my best friend, Louise.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, so girls night out, Girl's night out. Yeah, you're going to have the best time. He is incredible live, so many great songs as well. Kylie, well done. Have a lovely weekend. Thanks for the show. What that's all right? Oh god, no, we're going well on Kylie. All right. We have another part tickets to be one right now text only, So wherever you are, if you want your Williams tickets, all you have to do is text in now. We've got another pair to be one oh four seven five three one oh four three. Don't pone, it's on the text owner this pair of tickets. Oh four seven five three one o four three.
Speaker 3: Good luck The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: One of this team has betrayed me. There is a Judas on this team. Hmmmm. I have been very, very lucky to have a hiding place here at the radio station. Only the Inner Inner Inner team know where it is and their respect the one I'm there in hiding. No one's to know where I am.
Speaker 5: I'm going to take it to my grave that spot.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. It's a shame that somebody else on this team didn't do that has blurted out to the new boss.
Speaker 5: We have no carrying up to the boss.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, Particier Caitlin Judas I heard yesterday I had had a dinner with our new management team yesterday, and they now know about my secret hiding spot because you blurted it out to one of them.
Speaker 3: Oh do you mean in the radio station?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, else I would have a hid spot. Sorry, sorry, somewhere in the city. No, I didn't know. It sound as dodgy as anything. We don't talk about that one, that that rent, that massive.
Speaker 7: What you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blurted it out. I thought you had my back.
Speaker 6: I do no, no, no, no no, but you know the bosses, and they came over to me and then you, and I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Make a tough badass. You do not cower other people cower at you. You're a bogan. You could fight anyone and win.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: I apologize.
Speaker 1: They now know, they know I've learnt my lesson.
Speaker 5: It's too late, it's too late.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have to fight.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 1: Tell you what. The only way you would seem yourself now is to find a new hiding place. No, no, no, no, you need to. You need to build a somewhere in this radio station, another hiding place for me.
Speaker 3: There is space underneath.
Speaker 1: Say too much I need And also i'd imagine that people listening right now who've probably got hiding space at work. I think I think it's successful career involves having some kind of hiding space somewhere at work. If you've got one, Alex, if you've got one at Channel seven, I do.
Speaker 7: It's labeled a quiet room, but I'm going to call it Alex's room because I always go there and no one knows where it is, and no one knows can see me in this and there's a wall that kind of hides where I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sometimes I lie on the floor of my old hiding space. Yeah, yeah, just lie on the floor. No, it's not for me. It's incredible. Have it snow angels now, I can't do that. Car'tpt angels anyway. Let me tell you about Operation Meat Trade. Now. I can't go into too many details, but you don't need to be some kind of radio industry expert to know that. Right now, in Australian radio it is crazy scenes, wild scenes. You know that I'm show I'm talking about. We're on there for a long time, fall out, legal cases. I can say no more. But what does it mean for this show? And what does it mean for you? More importantly, it means breakfast show wars are fully on and it's all centering around the new listeners that are flicking around in Sydney as they try and find some new home to listen to the morning after having a show for a very long time. So we need your help because right now it's a battleground as all the other shows that are up for grabs in Sydney are all trying like a mad real estate gram or trying to get their grubby hands and seize the flag at number one. Our movie is to go straight to number three. We're sitting strong at number four. Our first ratings Scence Sydney came out last week number four, an honorable four. It's a very honorable four. It's an honest for he's very honest. You'd trust that too, honest. Just smudge it a bit, you know. Anyway, while we demand a recount, stop the votes we are it's the race too, not number one for us, but third spot. Now. The boss said, if we get third in the rankings in Sydney, Brankfort show ratings a meat tray for every single person on this team. So I need your help. How would you describe this show in one line? Now, we've got like marketing people in the moment, who are coming up with all these slogans? But I think the best people to ask really about what you get from the show? Why do you hang out with us every morning? Is you tell us? So if you've got a line about what you get from the show, how would you sell it to somebody else? Flicking around at the moment trying to work out what is the show? Please text me any slogans we use you win a meet tray, text meh four seven five three one four to three. Here are some of our favorites from you guys this week.
Speaker 5: Hi, this is Tracy. You're listening to Gold FM. Your daily dose of vitamin ha.
Speaker 1: Ha, she's having enough. And this is from Nathan.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show, like Concenter, Isle of Aldi, good different.
Speaker 1: The Center Like that's so good. Yeah, she always gonna have a little peat there to see what it is, snow chains. Sometimes you find something good too, binoculars. Christian O'Connell Show by Concenter, Isle of Aldi, good different. Alright, go a.
Speaker 2: Pauline, It's the christianer'connell show with your daily dose and dolphins.
Speaker 1: Thank you gold.
Speaker 3: Finally, culture has returned to Sydney, If.
Speaker 1: This is culture, what does that say about Australian breakfast radio? If this is culture.
Speaker 3: Gold, Finally culture has returned to Sydney.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Also, this one, The Christian O'Connell Show, is like chicken soup.
Speaker 10: The radio fixes everything.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for these keep them coming. Four seven, five three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: Are Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Sure you're marketing slogans. How would you sell this show to a new listener? Question? Need another und of those binstickers. Mine is still standing strong. I drove past my old house the other day and they'd put their bins out and I forgot it's still got my name on it. Uh. Thank you very much to Tim his show slogan. They make you laugh. I've even cried just don't tell to producer Kaitlin where you hide? Tim? Very good, very good the Christian O'Connell show. Because Mercury is in retrograde, Jennifer, it's not. We moved out of retrograde six days ago. I don't want to start getting into astrology on the radio. We know how that worked out. A couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they were listening and callin and choosing the music just when it eate somebody.
Speaker 5: Breaking the station.
Speaker 11: Choy play the people's play Listen, Christian.
Speaker 1: Calling right now?
Speaker 5: When help Christian dig the songs for Friday show?
Speaker 1: Christian. The lady who played out just now about chicken soup for the soul in your show? Is that Pauline handsome.
Speaker 12: The Christian O'Connor shows like chicken soup the radio everything.
Speaker 5: Even the same cotonation.
Speaker 1: No, she'd like this immigrant. I'm not sure. I'm not sure what Pauline would think about me, but that is an uncanny spot all right. Time for the bills play list. We do this Friday from eight. We turn the show into a giant jukebox. You pick all the music from eight. I give you a theme today. It's songs to do with transport, Patsy, what are you going for?
Speaker 8: I've got a car, I've got a big, black, shiny car.
Speaker 5: Yeah I know. And Ossie Classic Tune.
Speaker 6: I loved this song when it came out, and it wasn't till much later that I realized why I liked it so much.
Speaker 5: It was written by.
Speaker 8: Brian Adams Lue album. That's why it's so familiar. It sounds so much like him singing it, and that's why.
Speaker 6: And he actually performed with Ryan in It was about two thousand and five in his Aussie tour and they did this song on stage, so that makes sense.
Speaker 1: That is a cool story. That is the first one we've had on a Friday in years. Well done, It is years well.
Speaker 8: I didn't even get a chance to give my great juicy fact last week, so.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Alex. What an old timey song are you going for? When we go to Alex, there's always something from the turn of the set back in the day of panhanding Christian absolutely classics. Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: My wife gave me this idea. We're sitting there going what are we going to do here? And my Bonnie just puts on YouTube plays an amazing film called Easy Rider, Iconic and the Weight by the band Tune. I love the song and he Fonda guiding off the Sunset.
Speaker 1: Originally written by Bryan Adams when he was three years of age, top back, that is a good song. Rio. What are you going for? Songs to do with transportation?
Speaker 4: Well, I got a gear change from that. It's a song about movement, motion, local motion.
Speaker 1: Kylie Mino Okay one from the Zoomer Classes.
Speaker 7: She performed this song for.
Speaker 4: The first time as a cover at a local football club charity fundraising. I love that there was a guy from Mushroom Records watching her, saw her signed her became the biggest selling Aussie single of the eighties.
Speaker 8: Story pretty much she was on Neighbors before that.
Speaker 7: She wasn't in.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, this and listen. Do you know what. I didn't believe any of that story. There's no way it's true. But it doesn't matter. You don't do that. I told you the stories we have to listen to you, Patsy that we know not remotely true. She took your legs that one she has spear tackled you. Wow wows just took him out from the top rope.
Speaker 8: I grew up with that song.
Speaker 5: I had it on cast single.
Speaker 1: Now we need to replay the body cam there. You just got slammed from the top rope full care of four eggs. God. Impressive to see though we've not seen one of those this year, the Patsy takedown. She's been playing nice, faint nice since we went national, but now we saw the real Claus come out there all right songs to do with transportation. This is a Friday songs all right. Lines are up in now, songs to do a transportation Give us a call. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. You're picking the music from eight this morning on the People's Playlist.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning too, Emira, listening to the show today in Brisbane and Christian. I'm a few days behind on the podcast, so's Patsy, don't worry about it. I just heard that's still holding out for this week's Miiths Heardler it's coming up any minute now. He's gonna do it. I just heard you want promo ideas, all right, Radio boss promo ideas inside baseball knowledge for the Sydney market. I'm surprised Sue the Boss. Hey, yay, you don't want you do not criticize Sue the Boss round here.
Speaker 5: That's the last we hear from a mirror, and indeed.
Speaker 1: Any of us, I've taken this long to enter the power vacuum after Kay and Jay's demise. Emira, you might be sitting safe up there in Brisbane, but right now this is controversial talk. Christian Mice about a suggestion for the billboards on every road with peak hour traffic congestion. Now you're head of marketing. When mom and dad fight, come over to the bright side. Yeah, that's very good. Collect the bright side in the divorce to me while I was like, it was break. Oh oh, that's clever, and that's very very good because we call this show the bright side of the time. Find Kane, Jay brackets, kindness and joy on the bright side. Boom a mirror.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 11: They were listening and calling and choosing the music and just when hit eh, somebody pay the station chardy play the.
Speaker 5: People's play Listen, Christian.
Speaker 1: Calling right now? When help?
Speaker 2: Christian?
Speaker 5: Pig the songs for Friday show?
Speaker 1: All right, every Friday, we turn the show into a jukebox, not pute box. That's my Friday evening. He turned it into it, silly boy, he turned into a giant jukebox. We give you the theme. You pick all the songs today, all sexy. One of this song as to do with transportation. Gosh, and I tried to card it's too busy. But what about that convoy song for all the truckers. Gotta keep that convoy going while we can, damn right, Michael, Yes, convoy. That says, pink pen on this, here's a rubber Doug.
Speaker 3: We just ain't a gon to pay no toll?
Speaker 1: What did we crashed the gate doing ninety eight?
Speaker 5: I says, letting them truckers roll a ten to four.
Speaker 1: This has spit the show in the middle, depending what age you are, I get it, Pat's gets Alice gets it, Rio and some of the young and said, no idea, not for me. It's like we're playing coda. It's like a dog whistle. You gotta let them truckers roll.
Speaker 8: I think my dad had this on vinyl.
Speaker 1: My dad had this on finally as well. All right, songs do transportation, So any great ones coming in jet airliner? This screens Friday definitely playing this till the next hour. He go, brilliant t J on after us every morning's got this great song from the eighties. Gary Newman, what about the Doobie Brothers long train running number one? Suggesting at the moment is I love playing this song in any day? It's such a brilliant up song. This a couple of you big clash fans like me train in vain. All right, let's speak to sim humanoid W are calling right? Now do you remember Humans thirteen fifty five twenty two? We have Sonya joins us right now. Morning, Sonya morning, how are you guys? I'm good, Sonya, and I hope you've had a lovely week so far. What would you love me to play?
Speaker 12: Fastcast by Chacy Chapman.
Speaker 1: So remember when we.
Speaker 11: Were daving in your car to.
Speaker 5: City, lady, I'm not seeing among to going, Sonya?
Speaker 1: Mister are you oldies? Sonya? Thank you very much. The carding might be playing that. Let's go to Rebecca. Good morning, Rebecca, morning, how are you? I'm good, Rebecca, thanks for calling the show. Now? What would you love us to play? A song to do with transportation?
Speaker 10: The Little Red Corvette by Prince I love that song.
Speaker 1: Rebecca, but in songs. Thank you very much you called the show. Have a lovely weekend, Rebecca. Thank you you too. Trina, Trina, Yes, Trina, What do you want?
Speaker 2: Driving Wheels by Jimmy barn O.
Speaker 1: Good one. I don't know this in ages very appropriate to me today. Why I'm driving to Bandzale from Melbourne on wheels on wheels.
Speaker 10: In my car?
Speaker 1: Wow, it's Rob Zecond is written by it for you?
Speaker 5: What are the odds.
Speaker 1: I know what train a great song. Have a lovely weekend you do, Thanks you, mate, Gretchen. Good morning birds, Shine up Bud's cage or something. Gretchen.
Speaker 12: Oh hi, you said, trainer, and I'm Gretchen.
Speaker 1: That's right, and and you out for walk right now? It sounds like I can hear some sound birds.
Speaker 12: I am, but now I'm under shelter because it was extremely windy.
Speaker 1: Oh please be safe, always be safe in the No, no, no.
Speaker 12: It's just that that's really annoying.
Speaker 1: Away then arouse you still sheltered? I am my love. Okay, Now what do you want me to play for you? And that shelter? My love?
Speaker 12: May I please have Big Yellow Taxi and I'll have the Counting Crows version, even though I love Johnny Mitchell.
Speaker 5: You go, that's you, Dona.
Speaker 1: It is a great cover to.
Speaker 3: Let's go on to be very nice.
Speaker 1: But I'm far in love bringing song, Gretchen. Thank you very much for corning in. Have a lovely weekend you too, bye, Thanks, thank you. Let's got a Debbie right now. Good morning Debs, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Debbian? How are you? How's your week gone? Oh?
Speaker 10: My week's gooling really good.
Speaker 2: I've been playing pickleball and lawn ball by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, verymasy awesome. And what song can we play?
Speaker 12: Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 1: I was listening to all these songs thinking, what's the one we kick off a whole hour with? If you've just found it, we will begin the next hour of power on the People's Playliss Weird Bruce Springsteen, Born to Run, Debbie, I'm playing it next. Oh, thank you, my pleasure to have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Christian Connors Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we opened up the doors on our We call it the last Video store on Earth. This studio has over five hundred DVDs that have been generously donated since last Friday. And I was recommending a war movie to a nine year old boy. Actually, on reflection, not the right recommendation actually, but look, it's been a while since the last video store on Earth has opened to the public, so you know, we're still working on our recommendations. However, yes, on the show, we was talking about this very famous story in the Second World War about the Siege of the Brook and a couple of you actually emailed the show, and then Alex Alex was telling us about a link in his family to this very very famous story which saw the birth of the desert Rats, who are what the Sas were originally known as. In the siege or to Brook, your family were involved.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so Lieutenant General Sir Leslie Moore said, is my grant uncle he commanded to Brook. He led the Ninth Division at Ta Brook and later at El La Main.
Speaker 1: And that is incredible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's crazy, isn't it. And I'll send you that photo of him and Winston Winston Churchill. Winston's got his It couldn't be anymore. Winston Churchill, the great commander. He's got cigar there, and what a photo.
Speaker 1: He's also effectually got his left hand on your great uncle's shoulder.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So Churchill would go and visit at the battlefield, so he went, that's a photo from Cairo.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. What snapshot of history for your family.
Speaker 7: It's crazy, isn't it. Yeah, it's up at the Australian War Memorial that that particular photo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your great uncle. Then I can see as well. Obviously I'm looking at all his his rankings as well, so he must have been he must have done a lot of acts services on the wall.
Speaker 7: Very decorated. Yeah, he's captain at Gallipoli and the Western Front. Yeah, and there's a very famous photo of him at Lone Pine and he's looking up onto the trench and there's just littered with bodies, a really really movie kind of sad photo and it's him there just looking up. And then the one I sent you, the one with Churchill. But yeah, he retired in Sydney and born in regionald Victoria. Was a schoolteacher originally and then and joined the army and went over to.
Speaker 1: How old was he when he joined the army? Was just young. My granddad fought the Sequine War. He was sixteen, he lied about his age, was actually fourteen.
Speaker 7: Wow, he was in his early twenties and became a captain.
Speaker 1: Of twenty five. Yeah, there were just young guys, so so.
Speaker 7: Young, and yeah, retired in Sydney and yeah, pastor.
Speaker 1: Your family must be so proud, very proud. Yes, Yeah, such a great photo as well though. Yeah.
Speaker 7: My mum's maiden name Moore said, and just there's photos of him everywhere at well, my grandparents' house and you're very proud of him.
Speaker 1: Now, all we want to talk about now is fame in the family. You go through your family tree. These days, with ancestry and DNA testing, you can uncover so much about your family. Often when we start talking about fame in the family, there's a smell that comes in the studio of BS and I can see Rio is prime with a story that is a little bit of beer. If the man who invented the jeff come on, a man who took down Rommel and you're going to drop the drefful maker.
Speaker 4: Very decorated ancestors. My grandfather, doctor Ernest Smithers, invented.
Speaker 1: Exactly Patch is right, she's calling it out if he's gonna lie. He had that best mate, Homer Simpson.
Speaker 4: It was his name from the Simpsons existences. Doctor Ernest Smithers, look it up, invented the jaffle maker. The trademark is in his name. He invented it. So every time you have a toasty you crunch into a delicious ham cheese and tomato number, think, thank you, Rio and thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 5: You're all well.
Speaker 1: Surely though, you should be sting the family dynasty. Now, No, he was.
Speaker 5: Actually he was a bit of a rogue operator.
Speaker 4: He had a number of inventions and would just invent them and then sell the trademark straight away.
Speaker 5: My parents, actually my mum was actually quite poor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They He invented a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Invented the true sliced bread knife, which was a top selling bread knife back in the day.
Speaker 1: We had Foreman just painting in different things.
Speaker 4: Yes, also the surfer plane, which only our older listeners would know. But it was the original boogie board, the Aussie original boogie board. Is that an inflatable while?
Speaker 1: But yes, that is incredible.
Speaker 4: The only thing we've got to our name from him is a lawn bowls green in his name at Sussex Inlet on the Sydney South Coast.
Speaker 1: So he invented the jafful yeah.
Speaker 5: The jaffle maker, yeah, and it wasn't a thing.
Speaker 1: And then he came up with that yeah. And then he goes, how I want to sue you should be like your family should be like a billionaire dynasty. No, I no, no, we're not on the Foreman grilling machine. Yes, the original. You shouldn't be here.
Speaker 5: I know, I know he was. He was a strange unit.
Speaker 1: My mum tells me, all right, then what have you got fame in your family, give us called thirteen fifty five twenty two. I'm worried now that if I'm a listening to this, I'm not calling in, you know, because your stories are incredible.
Speaker 14: He's fighting in the war. Callippoi Alamin, You're watch know this. But they did something significant? You know what are they going to call in with now?
Speaker 1: I think there's Christian my name killed Hitlers straight on ter straight on thirteen fifty five twenty two. Shoot your shot. I don't know what calls we're going to get now.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, I'm too shy to talking the radio. But our family claim to fame. It's that a couple of my ancestors were convicted for plotting to kill the Prime Minister of England. It's there's a whole book about them called the Plot to Kill Lloyd George. Lloyd George was Prime minist. I think Jore on the First World War. That must mean Allison, that your family must be the Wilderns. O Christian. My great great grand Auntie head ed Kelly. Here we go. I wonder when the old Ned Kelly's We're going to start a little bit later than I thought, yeah, it's about twenty two links to Ned Kelly, imagine in the last three minutes and fed him for a period of time. Sure, okay, what are those us? All right? That's going to Rob here now Rob, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Rob, Thanks you Goring so fame in the family. What's it for you? Rob?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 9: The two people that started chibis regal whiskey my first cousins. Four times removed, so I think it's too.
Speaker 1: I think it was two brothers, James and John Chivers. That's it.
Speaker 9: Yes, wow, my first cousins.
Speaker 1: And have you been over there? You've been to Scotland?
Speaker 9: I certainly have going again in there about four weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah hope. Anyway, Yeah, it's a beautiful part of Scotland as well, isn't it right?
Speaker 9: That's gorgeously, absolutely gorgeous. And when I went to the Estual Distillery and they treated us like and they just kipped feeding the whiskey out of the twenty five year old, and my.
Speaker 1: Wonder you're going back. He's back. We've only just refilled the barrels. Have a safe trip out there, and enjoyed lovely story as well. Thanks you calling Rob Fenn. Good morning, Fenn, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Gooday, Christian, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday, Fenn. So fam in your family? What's the story.
Speaker 10: We did some deep diving on my mom's side and found out Nick Cave is my fourth cousin.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Patsy went to school with him as well. There you go. Yeah, that's awesome. He was nominated for an OSCAR this year for one of his songs for Frank and starting. I think, yeah, that's the one. Yeah, Fenn, thank you the one. Fenn, thank you very much to give us a call. Mate, have a nice weekeame, thank you.
Speaker 10: Eys have a good one.
Speaker 1: Is this the Dick Van Date one? In radio they always say end if you can end with the Dick Van date, and we are for filling that grace. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I am very very excited. He's still alive. Dick Van Dyke is over. I think he's one hundred.
Speaker 10: Now, yeah, I think he is.
Speaker 1: I think he's in one hundred's in that complain video. Not aware, not aware he's in your family. I seem to know more about It's even in my family. So tell us about Dick Vandyke.
Speaker 10: My grandfather was a dancer in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang against beside him.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, wow, Bang.
Speaker 7: Bang bang pretty jitty bang bang jittyjity Bank.
Speaker 1: So when did you find this out? Is it a story that's been in your family for years since you were a kid, or recent thing.
Speaker 10: The first time we watched it is as children. Every time I watch it, my MoMA goes, dais your grandfather? DA's your grandfather? Did you know your grandfather was in Chitty Chitty Bang Bank. What a great flav she tells everyone when they watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's brilliant. I love that grace. Thank you very much. You give us a call. Have a nice weekend.
Speaker 3: No you too, Christian Color Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: We will come back to this Monday. Fame in the family, Christian. My dad's cousin played in the World Cup final for the Netherlands.
Speaker 7: What is huge.
Speaker 1: Their names are Willy and Rene vander Kirkhoff. I think they actually made two World Cup finals seventy four and seventy eight. I think Willy van der Kerkhoff was a midfielder, incredible player as well. Christian Sandier only made it to the local team in my career. Rico vander Kirkoff May which there was a separate phone in. It's skipped a generation. Christian although we had never met, Ian Moss and I are third cousins. Dad and Ian's dad, our blood cousins, went to the same school together in Perth. Christian my omer used to play with Dick van Dyke when they were children in Holland. Next week on the show just Dick van dok stories in ten minutes that too. Can we keep this street going as the kids? So?
Speaker 5: Should we keep the streak?
Speaker 1: No? We can come on next week on the Christian O'Connell show, Dick van Dyke Week, the generation of Dick van Dyke Christ And I'm also too shy to talk on the radio, but I'm a distant relative of Adam Gilchrist. Wow, okay, it's incredible all right. Time for today's time waste. It is World Optimist Day. We're looking for your optimistic movies up for grabs of the winner. Why not be optimistic? Maybe you could be winning this grand prize Gold class group passed for you and three mates. Optimistic movies. That's our famous saying is and then the glass half full or half empty, half empty or half full metal jacket depends which way you see it. Silver, the imminently ending story She's lost their glasses again, Steaks on a plane, delicious minute, Steak so much better, Silver All Day, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Speaker 5: At four please, and Silver plus.
Speaker 1: What have you got? Optimistic movies?
Speaker 5: Jeez, don't look up?
Speaker 4: Was very pessimistic about climate change. Don't things are looking up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be optimistic and give it bombs.
Speaker 5: Ice Cuban Cuban Cooding Junior are feeling good?
Speaker 1: Wow, what a setup.
Speaker 5: They're buoyant in the hood. Yes, yes, Gold, don't Colleone's feeling chipper. Yeah, he's the good Father.
Speaker 7: Yeah lovely, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Silver Up was a bit of a down at the start of that movie. The yeah yeah not Now it's upbeat. And Daniel Craig he's an optimistic guy. He's a detective in glass huff full onion.
Speaker 1: Ah, okay, Silver, all right? What have you got then? Optimistic movies? Text me yours O four seventy five three one oh four three and date for diary next week. It's Deeck van Dyke Week on the Show.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Chevon. Who's sending their time? Is? It is a bumper edition? Rio? Are you ready to Mark?
Speaker 5: I'm ready and I think they're gonna be great.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so so so so happy Gilmore, so so so happy Gilmore optimism Heimer.
Speaker 5: Oh that's very good.
Speaker 1: An Amanda home alone and loving it. I love the simplicity of that one. What Rachel Brown raging bullish.
Speaker 5: Silver plus Every.
Speaker 1: Clown has a silver lining playbook?
Speaker 5: Will Silver.
Speaker 1: Pirates of the Sanguine? Oh okay, yes, no, that's a good choice of work. It's a great choice of It is silver, Mission possible.
Speaker 5: Elegant, perfect, Gold plus.
Speaker 1: One and Corey one hundred sure Shank redemption.
Speaker 7: You gotta be.
Speaker 1: Good will hunting cheap fuel? Oh, topical.
Speaker 2: Goal?
Speaker 1: What on Glenn? Throw Mama from the train. She might land softly in a haybell.
Speaker 5: It's a very optimistic way, it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done, Steve. I love that Adian loves Predator, not versus no Predature. Where you heard that from? Love Predator? The hills have googly eyes?
Speaker 12: Laugh?
Speaker 5: Gold plus as well, Why on.
Speaker 1: Sharon, if I had legs, I'd kiss you silver, go Lisen the Optimist. That's a bra cheerful metal jacket silver. When Harry manifested Sally, that is so good. It is that, Joshua Kavana, well done and last one today for optimistic movies. But I caught down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down. I get no doubt altogether. Now that's the winner, isn't it. Nathan right the buzzer beach are there? Just texted that and just now Nathan, well done. Well guys, I'm not going to sleep this weekend. You know what, because when we come back six am Monday morning, you're.
Speaker 5: Gonna say pump Man.
Speaker 1: Pumpman's here. But also so is Dick Van Dyke Stories. It's Dick van Dyke week. And the shame is we're not here. Good Friday. It's only four days to get wall to wall cool, Colt non start Van Dyke, Dick Van Dyke Stories, Dick Van Dyke, it is Dick Vandy Week on the show next week. I for one cannot wait. Why are you trying to silence the great man.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to start. That's just that's that's why.
Speaker 1: I producer Caitlan just came in and it often gets confused about you know what's being said on it? When do you want me to try and get him for guests on the show? And he's one hundred he share a one hundred year olds on the Graham Norton Show. Yanker that big red chair. They're out of it. He was in the Conboy video show, but he was shuffling and dancing with his lovely twinkly eyes. He's not he's not yacking it up with Chris Martin.
Speaker 4: It'll be your greatest challenge yet. Imagine if you got I don't want any challenge.
Speaker 1: You know what enough bloody challenges this year? Rio, I could deal with free wheeling for the rest this year, and what challenges Dick Vandy Week begins nice and early Monday morning, six a m. Now you're probably think, Christian, I've got loads of deep Van Dyke stories. How do I drop them into your inbox over the weekend? Email me? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot au. All right, sweep state team? How many in four shows? Twelve so twelve hours next week? How many quality? Quality Dick Van Dyke? This is why do we do it? As a bit. He's one of the greatest entertainers ever. You know, before there was Hugh jack Man, there was Dick Van Dyke.
Speaker 5: If we get two quality stories, I'll be over.
Speaker 1: Them, very happy with that. Perhaps, what are you going for?
Speaker 8: I'm going to go a dozen.
Speaker 4: Dozen yep, twelve, absolutely three show three shows, three a night, Alex, what do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Help me?
Speaker 7: Eight high eight high seven?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, I'm going to go with.
Speaker 8: One like you under estimate our listeners.
Speaker 1: Yet to encourage them. I don't. I don't want people thinking I've got a great one. But there's probably gonna be so many people calling in. He won't need it. We need your Dick Van Dyke stories. Just imagine what we're going to feel like. Some of the lines are lit up and there's ten, there's ten, Well, just go bang bang bang bait. Wait he did this, that guy. I've got the production ready. I don't know how many of us are going to sleep now to get to the next two days. I wish Monday was here tomorrow. The first thing you're going to hear when we begin the show morning, How dare you a man tired of Dick Van Dyke is a man tired of life.
Speaker 5: You didn't won the show, then, no love.
Speaker 1: Best way, the best way to keep him alive is with his with stories about the great man's work. At tribute we had you might be when you listen to the show. But we met a fantastic lady a couple of years ago. Do remember we helped celebrate her one hundred brother, Eileen Gold, Irene Gold, Irene Gold was a joy and what wasn't the joys? You turned up in a limo to take her out for the day and you popped out that limo and drop the kids off at the pool and made an elderly lady with frel bones break up the damage lady. Okay, no, no, she had to go and get a ship. Does a number two and I one hundred year old ladies?
Speaker 13: Lou Anyway, see you Monday, friends, Get ready for the next fan night week only on the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 1: It's on.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day