Speaker 1: Hello. It's me Arts, Simone. I am colorful, interesting, talented, and not to mention, gorgeous, and I know there's more people like me out there in the world. They may not just be as colorful and gorgeous as first glance. Kind of like a caterpillar in a cocoon, you know how the cocoon is a yucky color and just a bit gross looking, but really there's a beautiful butterfly inside, or a deadly moth. They are the kind of people I'm meeting with, and together we get to find out what makes them interesting enough to be worthy of my time. This is concealed with me Art, Simone. Let's meet a weird little caterpillar. Roll the tape.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Tory. I'm from Victoria. I'm a mother of two. I've been married for eight years and have been with my husband for ten. You all going out and dancing, so when I actually go out, I dance for hours and hours. I'm concealing something from ten years ago that only my husband knows and no one else that I've ever met since.
Speaker 1: Hello, toy, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Art?
Speaker 2: No, thank you.
Speaker 1: This is really strange because you are in front of me, but I cannot see you whatsoever. You are fully blurred out of my brain. It's like it's like I've got, you know, those drunk glasses on what they call them when you meant to show you what it's like when you're really boozy. I feel like I got those on because I can't see a damn thing. But I'm sure you're as beautiful as you sound. Okay, So you like to dance? I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now when you say you like to dance, is that just like going out for a boogie on a Saturday night? Or can you dance dance?
Speaker 2: I can dance dance, not like a professional dancer, but I can. I'm pretty close.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite style of music to dance too?
Speaker 2: Afrobeats? Oh and regaeton as well. I don't know. I can't really pick between the two.
Speaker 1: Even know what they are, but they sound very cool. I thought you were going to say, maybe you know like heavy metal or you know, dumb step. I don't know something like that.
Speaker 2: You can only jump to that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fun. It's like a lumber class. It's beautiful, all right. So what you're consaling from me ten years ago and only your husband would know? That's quite mysterious, isn't it. That's quite mysterious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what I'm going to do is ask you three questions, and from the answers to those three questions, I am going to try and work out what it is you're concealing from me. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 1: Question number one, if a song played every time you entered a room, what would that song be?
Speaker 2: The new one by Miley Cyrus. I can buy myself flowers. I can really resonate with that.
Speaker 1: That's strong independent Okay, flowers by Miley Cyrus. Okay, I can buy myself flowers. My name in the same And I like Marley Cyrus. I was a really big fan of her when she was handing on Tanna back in the day. Yeah, I loved her. I just wanted the wig because it was a really good tubid hair. Sorry, that's just a side question in my brain. I'm okay. Question number two, if money was no object, what would you.
Speaker 3: Buy Red Ferrari A Ferrari Ferrari flowers, Ferrari ten years red.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just painting the picture here. I do like roses, roses. I was thinking of poppies, but I was the Evans ac day. I don't know what happened? Sorry, all right. The third question we have is what is your life motto?
Speaker 2: My life motto this quote that I found years ago, I actually have that tattooed on me as well, completely changed my life and my view on life as well. It says life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.
Speaker 1: That's a very wordy quote. Actually is how much airye does that take up on your body?
Speaker 2: I tell you got it on my side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is a comedy for those that think and a tragy for those that feel. Okay, let's recap ten years ago. Something that only your husband would know. That rhymes flowers, strong, independent, Marley Cyrus Ferrari, red zum zum car racing. Okay, and you like roses. I got that in there too. And your life motto is laughing or feeling Okay, flowers red flowers that go fast. What happened ten years ago? Two thousand and thirteen? Where was I twenty one? Traveling the world? Oh, it's a good time to be alive. It went by myself got very lonely halfway through though, maybe I was thinking a bit too much.
Speaker 2: Okay, feeling you were feeling too.
Speaker 1: I was feeling too much. Sorry. Oh sorry, Luckily you've got the quote on you and I go. I'd hope you remember it. Okay, flowers, red flowers, going fast? All right, Tory? Are you a florist?
Speaker 2: No? I was an escort in my early twenties. I did that for about seven years, on and off. I started as a stripper, then I moved to escorting. I also worked in a brothel. I met a lot of different types of people. I'm at celebrities, bikis, dealers, scary people, all different types of people. You can think of.
Speaker 1: An escort escandalo seductive and a lot more interesting than a florist.
Speaker 2: Made a lot more money than.
Speaker 1: Oh is it a florist? No, No, she's actually for my escort. Oh that's a whole different type of rose bud. So were you Victory and you were not a florist? No? No, an escort? Previously an escorte previously an escort. Yeah. So would you say you're a retired escort? I would Can you fully retire from being an escort?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: That's what does that stick with your strat life? You know the skills that you've learned as being as an escort that you use in your everyday life. It could be money management, it could be had a light up a room. You know, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I think maybe lighting up the room.
Speaker 1: Yes, it could be one of the can command a space, I think. So, yeah, we've got that in common.
Speaker 2: If not here right now, because you are very intimidating.
Speaker 1: Well, if I could see you, I think I would think you're just as intimidating. Okay, so you said you started with stripping.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: And how did you get into that first?
Speaker 2: Well, I actually struggled a little bit to pee my rent and the guy I was renting from was an ex and he suggested. He said, look, you're beautiful, you're young, why don't you do a little bit of dancing? And I thought, oh, okay, what's that. I've never been to a strip club before, so I went and had to look and spoke to the lady that was managing the girls. She said, yeah, you'll do fine pretty much.
Speaker 1: You'll go out the back. There's kind of different tears. Right there's like bartenders he maybe topless, or there might just be girls walking around the bikinis, and then there's full dancing taking all your kid off. So do you have to work up through the ranks to be able to do that? Where they just go you could rent the pile from three to five am have fun.
Speaker 2: No, So you go in for like an introduction session and she just shows you like how to dance and how to move. Yeah, things like that, like the rules as well, like the clients can't touch you and things like that.
Speaker 1: That's a big jump, you know, I've never done it before and doing something on display for people. What was that like for you?
Speaker 2: Well, I was very nervous at first, but because it was just like really confronting, but it was easy because it was safe. It was actually nice. But I didn't do it that for very long because once I made the money I needed, I was done. But then I kept going back to it because I enjoyed it, so then I would go back to it when I needed to work again. And at one point I did that for probably about two years full time, and then I got sick of it.
Speaker 1: They're crazy like late nights, say, because I friends with a few different escorts and strippers and they like go to work and they started like two am and they get out of it like daylight, it's crazy, yeah, or they'll go for it and they'll do like a private party on like a boat.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually just worked in the club Centerfold. I'm not sure if it's still there.
Speaker 1: I mean I haven't been that so so you mostly worked within the actual club. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never went out, so I just pretty much just worked there. I think it was Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday I would do and then the rest of the time I just did nothing to spend the money, and I just pampered myself, you know, getting myself ready for the week.
Speaker 1: So do you think working in that venue helped with confidence?
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah. Yeah, I think I was already confident in a way, but it just made it just boosted it. Yes, Like it boosted it a lot more. And like with guys, like I could talk to all different types of guys and like someone would walk in and I would know if they're gonna like me or not, whether it was worth approaching them or not. So things like that.
Speaker 1: Has that helped you further in life using those skills?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely. So when I did escorting, that was also very confronting at first, but then it actually became very easy. I mean it was like a big step because you actually had to allow yourself to be touched and that sort of thing. So it was a bit more full on. But when it came to reading people and reading the room, I think that helped.
Speaker 1: How did it then turn from stripping into escorting more money? But did it just take some to offer that to you and you go, actually, let's give it a shot. Or was it an active decision where you're like, all right, I'm going to start listing myself.
Speaker 2: So I looked up actual agencies. So I actually worked through an escort agency, so they had drivers. So still again pretty safe.
Speaker 1: Do you have any security when it comes.
Speaker 2: To where you've got your driver? So the driver takes you to the address and they wait there until you're done, and then they take you back.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, I didn't know that was a service, that's really it was.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how it is now.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad it was a service for you at the time, because I have a lot of friends that you know, work in the industry, but they do everything themselves in including the constant back and forth like admin, which is just talking to someone that might just be wasting your time because they're like, you know, wanting to get their rocks off on the idea. It seems like on paper like oh, an exciting life, but they're literally just constantly like going back and forth with emails and trying to get like a deposit or get this or get that, or hoping that the address they show up to be is actually you know real. Yeah. So did being with an agency alleviate a lot of that for you?
Speaker 2: Well, the technology was different back then, so I don't think what we can do now you could do then. But back then, they would make out calls. They would call out clients, especially if they had a new girl.
Speaker 1: People on the books that they know are.
Speaker 2: So they did all the work in the office.
Speaker 1: How do you get on the books to them? Because they sound quite fancy, you know, do you have to like be like I'm really good, I swear, or like here's a review? Do you have review? All?
Speaker 2: They kind of I think it's like when you work in the industry and you know guys. So they work in that industry and they know girls they can trust to send out or to certain clients, Like you couldn't just send anyone, for example, to some of the celebrities that I've seen through them, Yes, because you had to send someone that wouldn't talk about it obviously or see them privately or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So well, that's the thing too, that they don't want you to start going directly to these clients, yes, to take them out so that don't get their cut anymore.
Speaker 2: So that's right. So I just did it as jobs. Yeah, I did it by the books. Honestly, that's just like a more job.
Speaker 1: Did you stop stripping and just escort?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I did that. So I stopped stripping, did escorting for about two years I think, and then moved on to a brothel because I got sick of being driven around.
Speaker 1: They can come to me, all right, I'll clock on and they can come. They can knock on the door. No, that makes complete sense. I'm with you. I just too it all of last year for a different thing. But I still I was like, I'm a bit bored.
Speaker 2: Of this because some of them would be like about forty minutes drive and I was like, oh, what am I going to do in the car for forty minutes? Yeah, it was really boring and they didn't get there to second one, I did actually have a lot of games on my phone and there would just be like for one hour, like it wasn't worth it.
Speaker 1: How does the dynamics of working with an agency versus a brothel work?
Speaker 2: So I preferred it, and I actually did that for probably three four years in the brothel. Yeah, do you.
Speaker 1: Get to have like your own room and say, that's sign I've put my own decorations in there, that's my favorite poster. Got me incense from the corner. It's a nice ship. Maybe some like where wally puzzles to look at when like, you know, they're going at it, but you're like, I'm a bit bored, so you can keep yourself occupied.
Speaker 2: No, I wish it was, but no.
Speaker 1: No, you know, like when you're at the dentist, sitting in the dentist chair and then put something on the roof to look at. Wouldn't it be good if they could put something up there for you to look at, just you know, in case you have to mentally remove yourself from the from the situation. Yeah, I feel like in a brussel, do they just send in whoever you get no say or do you get to come out and like yeah, like yeah, no, maybe.
Speaker 2: So there's a room where the client's go in. Yes, and then the girls go in to meet them, and then they're basically pick by seeing you, so they pick you. Yeah. So if I walk in.
Speaker 1: Fuck swiping left and right on Tinder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I walked in and I didn't get a good vibe or something, or I knew them and they were bad client from previously or something or heard something, I would say I'm not available for this one, yes, and then they just crossed me off.
Speaker 1: You touched on bad clients? Is that something that you had to deal with?
Speaker 2: I didn't really. I was pretty luck, so I didn't really have a lot like really bad ones or scary ones.
Speaker 1: So what would you say? Your largest demographic of clients was no idea okay, cool? So it was so vast and broad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so all different types. Like I wasn't peaky, so I would see like, like I said, the only time I wouldn't see someone if there was if I felt like there was something off about them, Yeah, or there would be like if there's like a fetish or something that I just couldn't do. Yes, So something like that I wouldn't go ahead with. But other than that, if there was just a normal human being, I would be happy to see them and yeah, give them a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah dang, but no, you touched on fetishes there. What would you say the most like common fetish was for clients.
Speaker 2: The one that I did the most was feet.
Speaker 1: You know, I see that. I know because people love feet. I'm not a foot person, especially now I've got a factured foot at the moment. It's ugly. Do you have to look after your feet in a certain way for them? You're like, well, you can have them as they are, go for it. Love.
Speaker 2: Oh well you did you to like, you know, look after yourself and be you know, have your hair done and have your tan and have your nails done. So they were done. I don't know, to like to a normal standard. I guess like I still look after myself now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, because I have a friend who works and they sometimes get paid to get like a pedicure and the person just watches.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh I've never heard of that. That is very easy.
Speaker 1: I know. I need to get these clients down. Actually that's themone ready to get her toes chopped. Okay, but what are some of the more interesting kinks you've had to partake in with clients.
Speaker 2: Okay, this particular one I've only done once.
Speaker 1: Yes, would you do it again? No?
Speaker 2: I don't know. If it was a lot of money, probably, Now, this guy made me smoke a cigarette, which I was smoking at the time anyway, I was a smoker, but I would smoke it and I would ash in his mouth.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And at the end I had to make him eat the butt.
Speaker 1: Did you have to like dirty talk to him? Being like, yeah, you like that on your tongue, yeah, put it out.
Speaker 2: So it was dirty talk all claws on. So there was no intimacy with him whatsoever, except that it.
Speaker 1: Is funny though. I hear a lot of stories from people that work in the industry that like, a lot of the time it is fully closed. And I have some people that I know that only take those jobs where they actually don't even get naked. But what the interesting kinks and things that people need. They still need like a sex worker to be able to do it, you know, because they understand the game because maybe, for example, the other person has their clothes off and they're enjoying it, but good on them. It's like they're not hurting anyone. So you also touched on celebrity clients.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Do you think they use escorts because they can't go out to a bar and pick up a girl and it's like easier for them, is there? Do you know the reasoning?
Speaker 2: So you basically so you need body contact? Yes, So I think it's more like instead of going through the hussle of going out and picking up and then you're having to exchange numbers or things like that, it's just easier. It's just a transaction. Yeah, it's just like be pretty much like you're hungry, you buy yourself a burger and you eat.
Speaker 1: It, yep, and you're full. No, I totally agree, that's pretty much it. People are busy, you know. Sometimes you don't have time to go out and spend hours trying to give someone the hairy and then it doesn't follow through. It's like, oh, I could have just sorted this out myself, that's right, And why not employ someone. You've got the money, you spend.
Speaker 2: It and you tell them exactly what you want, and you'll be like, this is what I like, this is what I want, and to do exactly that, and you like satisfied. Because if you meet someone you take them home, you can't tell them this is what I want.
Speaker 1: True, that's like fourth date onwards. You're like, well, actually those trinkle toes bring them over here?
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 1: You know you have to wait. No, it totally makes sense now. I know you can't say anything. Yeah, of course not no, But are we talking like you know OUSI celebs were talking at sporting people. Are we talking about? I don't know what else? The type of slims?
Speaker 2: Are they Aussie Salabs? Yeah? One of them. Actually we actually see a lot on TV and every time he comes on, just roll my eyes.
Speaker 1: Ah, if only the world knew what he was into.
Speaker 2: Ste I'm like, I was like, why do you have to remind me of that night?
Speaker 1: I was like, I was on your back ever again? But can you tell us about your experiences with them? Like did you get to go exciting penthouses or like oh the Mile High Club? I don't know anything exciting.
Speaker 2: So really most of them were in hotels.
Speaker 1: Because the Crown Tair was love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Crown Tower is a fair bit Pentown's there only one of them. I went to his police only one of them, which was a bit weird that you know, I was allowed to go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do they make you sign NDAs or anything? Oh wow. I think in this day and age they would because what's stopping you from going and you know, saying things. But I think also we're moving into a direction where people don't really look down as much on either escorts or people that use them. I'm not saying the world's perfect and everyone's like, yeah, I love it. I did you think we're moving in the right direction for acceptance towards this industry.
Speaker 2: I think we are, but it's still a bit slow because I would have loved to have shown my face. Yes, I would love for you to be able to see me. Yeah, I wish a good move faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. What do you think the biggest stigma is with the industry then, because I guess people just think it's like this disgusting smutty you know, Oh you're all dirty pervots. Oh I mean I don't think that.
Speaker 2: No, No, it just all depends. Like all clients are different and all girls are different as well, so like some of them just treated as a job, just like I did. So when I worked for the brothel, I did like six nights a week, yeap, like just you know, straight, and I only had like one night off. So I just did it as a normal tired EXI well, I did eight hours, so I'd start at eight o'clock at night and i'd finish at like four or five in the morning. Sometimes I start a bit later on the weekends and finish at six o'clock in the morning. My goodness. So it was just like a normal eight hour shift.
Speaker 1: But at not it's just a shift worker. It's like, that is a lot of exercise though.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a lot of on your feet. I was so fit, and a lot of squatting, you know, my glutes and ever. I was like, oh yeah, it could have been hot to trot, flexible and everything.
Speaker 1: So when you were working as an escort, were you ever interested in finding someone romantically or did you put your love life on hold while you were doing that? Did you find it hard to date and be like, oh, by the way, this is my job.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't find it hard to date. So when I did go out, when if I met someone that I had a connection with, you know, you exchange numbers, you do the whole thing, just like when you meet someone out. So I did the whole thing, and but I when I told one of them, he was funny about that, so he looked at me differently because I wanted to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're damned if you bring it up immediately, and then you're also damned if you wait a little bit, because like what you hid, you were hiding it from me to a very much lesser degree. It's like me being drag queen. It's like if someone meets me up and I'm with out of the makeup and they go, what do you do for a job? I used to say I worked in hospitality, but then they'd be like, come back to my place and the whole place is filled with wigs and glitter and everything. I'm like, that's my housemates. She's just at work. But then the other side is like, as soon as I say I'm a drag queen, people have this instant image of the way I'm going to act or the way I'm going to be, and there's like instant stigma behind it. But that's also too, It's like, how do you meet people that can work around such a crazy schedule? You know, if you're saying you're working from eight pm to five am and you sleep during the day because you have to be able to go to bed, it's like hard to network well.
Speaker 2: That's why, Like, when I met this guy that I had feelings for after a few times seeing him, I actually that's why I told him because I was working, like I had to, I wanted to work, and so I was hard to find the time to see him.
Speaker 1: Yes, so what made you stop?
Speaker 2: Well, when I met my husband. Yes, apparently I fell in love ill because I went away with him, and when I went back to work, the girls all my all my girls are like, oh, what's happened to you? And I was like, what what's happened?
Speaker 1: I said, you what I've been.
Speaker 2: I was with him, and I felt like something did happen on that trip with him, And then I tried to do my job a few times after that, and it's just I've made no money, right, so I couldn't. My vibe, my everything wasn't there after that. So it's just like I just I feel like I just closed off. I was like off the market, like you know, shops closed.
Speaker 1: We're out of business. Sorry, we're in liquidation. Jesus jam. Yeah, that's kind of like a sweet love story. I mean, I hate it, but I love it. You know.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit like the one with Oh God, pretty woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So now that you've left it, do you miss anything? Do you regret leaving?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I think no no, because my husband he's got he's got money, so like him. It was pretty hard. It took years. It took like it took literally it took me years. And it's kind of like my whole social skills have kind of like really died down now because I don't see and meet as many people because all I have is mum duties, so there's really no time for anything else. I haven't got time to work.
Speaker 1: That's a good problem to have, though, it's like just mean little babies and the person that I felt madly in love with who has lots of money. Oh that's a fairy tale. I want move over, Disney. So you said that no one knew about it except for your partner. Have you told any of your family any So it's all the top secret.
Speaker 2: Top secret. No family or previous friends from the industry, no one you have met.
Speaker 1: What did your family think you were doing? Is a job when you were doing all this?
Speaker 2: Just like what you said, hospitality, escorting is essentially like role playing for the client's king.
Speaker 1: So once you know, it's almost like improvisation in drama class. Very yes, and so I was wondering, can you set me up a scenario and a character for me to play? And I'll do it. I'll do it for you. I'm gonna be really good. I'm a drama kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about let me think? Let me think of something I did do?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So you are a trade.
Speaker 1: A trady okay, high viz yep.
Speaker 2: That likes to be fed skittles.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one. No, I like that. Okay, let me get into character. I am a trading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, matrady.
Speaker 1: Hello, yeats, just move the trading man. And you know, I've just been out having a tinny and I can't stay sucking on fags because that means something different. Yummy, how did I go? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that was good.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. Actually, they thank you. Torri isn't a florist. She's a former escort who has kept this a secret from everyone in her current life except her hobby. You've been listening to an iHeart Australia production concealed with artsimone. Listen to more of what you love on iHeart and have a look on the socials. Sure, You can't see Tory's face, but damn I look great.