Speaker 1: Life on Cut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gaddigal Land of the Aurora Nation.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, and.
Speaker 1: Were welcome that for another episode of a Life one Cut radio show.
Speaker 2: Though I'm Brittany, I'm Laura, I'm that's a beautiful, divine Michu.
Speaker 4: Try to suck up. You threw me under the bus on the show this week.
Speaker 2: I was just going to tell you how lovely your jumper is, which was on sale and aesos. But yes, I didn't throw you under the bus. But what I did I just realize is that that jumper is one of the purchases you did keep from asouce, not one of the ones that you returned to the receptionist downstairs.
Speaker 4: I feel like people can relate to this because I just use the reception here at Kiss to send back all my products. And I don't just do a sauce. You just saw a sauce. But I do heaps. Also, when my uber eats arrives, I have set it up, so Daisy, the reception is, go, I make your rolls here. Thanks Daisy putting the fridge.
Speaker 3: You know she brings it up for you, doesn't she.
Speaker 4: Oh, I did not want you to say that.
Speaker 5: You run.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, the stickler over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been here before. They've brought it up. Okay, this is the thing that we're unpacking on the show.
Speaker 2: It's very silly, but it's it's a it's a real thing, and I think we all do it. It's what perks at your work, not even a perk? What do you abuse at your work?
Speaker 3: Not stealer?
Speaker 2: Are you stealing? Are you stealing stationary from the stationary cupboard? Are you using the printer to print things that you shouldn't be printing? Are you like you are you.
Speaker 3: Printing your hands and posters at work?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Are you printing your kids like birthday invitations?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But like, there's so many things that people use and abuse from their workplace that if their bosses found out they probab would get a slap on the wrist.
Speaker 3: They're the things that we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Around your necklace.
Speaker 3: I did change on necklace.
Speaker 2: I did pay for the Tony Maid, but I only paid the cost price.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if you pay if it's your brand.
Speaker 2: No, my sister always tells me to stop stealing stocks. So yeah, yeah, I think you too, guys. We also have some really fun guests on. We have Carla from Bankstown carlor Is on Celebrity Apprentice. At the moment, We've also got another guest. We also have Jock zon Frillo from Master Chef who is one of the Master Chef judges. And some of you guys might be familiar with his book that he brought out, which is the last shot. It's very I mean, it's his own biography, it's his life from his experience as he knew it. I know that there's been some controversy around the book, but we're talking about his experience on the show and also doing a very strange little game where he had to guess some.
Speaker 3: Very very very weird food related items. I mean he got one of them, right, yeah. Oh, we gave him three. I think in the end were very generous.
Speaker 2: He was like, doesn't have some sort of cream? We're like, yes, you could make that all right, Well, that is it and it is all coming up on the show.
Speaker 4: The star of Celebrity Apprentice, star of social Media. We all know her as Kyla from Bankstown aka Ben joins us on the line.
Speaker 6: Now, hey, Ben Illo, how are you going?
Speaker 3: Do we have Ben or Carla?
Speaker 6: This is Ben. Cayla is sleeping, She's very tired today.
Speaker 3: This is my question.
Speaker 2: How do you decide when are you going to be Ben and when are you going to be Carla?
Speaker 3: Like what's the rules of engagement?
Speaker 6: It just depends. Like sometimes, like obviously with all the press that I've been doing for like Celebrity Apprentice, they're always like, oh, we want to take to Cayla, we want to tet to Carla, and yeah most of the time, and you know what, it's so much easier to do phone interviews as Carla because a lot of the time they're like, can we get you to come into studio and do an interview as Carla? Yeah? Cool. I get there and the interview goes for five minutes and then they're like, Okay, thanks so much, have a nice day. And I've spent like three hours doing my cup Cayla.
Speaker 2: This is how every woman feels when she leaves the house and for five minutes of the day, and I got so ready for this day and it was.
Speaker 3: A waste of my time. Ben.
Speaker 1: I want to know, because you it'd sort of shoot into the social media world in the last year or two, and all of a sudden, you're everywhere.
Speaker 3: You're on celebrity preners.
Speaker 1: Laura and I haven't got a call up a celebrity prensis, so we're not We're not mad about it celebrities.
Speaker 3: But what did you do?
Speaker 1: What was life like before you became Karl and before you became this social media sensation.
Speaker 6: I mean I was just working like full time at Jemie High Fire, literally was just doing that, and I just got really bored with what I was doing. And I was just really depressed because I was just like working all the time. And then obviously, like I started doing the Carlo stuff, the pandemic hit and which was great for me, and then Lockdown here which was even better. So then I didn't have to go to work and I could just do Carlo Vis full time. And now I'm like an SPD. I'm everywhere. You can't get rid of me.
Speaker 2: Then, when you first got into doing drag What was the why behind it?
Speaker 6: I mean, look, I've always done characters, and I've always done voices, and there's a few like really old videos of me on YouTube, like with other characters that I've done. I think one of my other characters I've done, and then Lazy sues and she does like a cooking show, and I start of doing that, like cooking with Leazy Soo. Then a lot of people, obviously being on a mainstream television network like Channel nine, they kind of have to I guess, market it as a drag queen just so I guess people can understand that that's what I'm doing, Whereas I feel like, not not to say that I don't fall into that category of being a drag queen, but I feel like it's more a character based kind of thing, like you know Crysally when he does Jamae or just you know that kind of thing. It was just something that I used my comedy for to kind of get through all the bullying and all that kind of stuff. That kind of helped me get to a good place within myself, you know, because if you can't laugh at yourself, you know how you're gonna laugh at anything else. That kind of thing.
Speaker 4: So true, so true. I want to know band because you've spoken to me privately about your dad, and you know your color from Bankstown, which if you're not from Sydney, is out west right, It's not anywhere near the city. You said, he was nice supportive of you doing the drag, but you know, for a dad out in the west, all he said to you is, buddy, make sure you're successful and make sure you make something of it, and that you are. How does he feel?
Speaker 6: Oh, they love it. They just like they're still saying to me, like, you know, can you clean the dishes? Just because you think you're a celebrity doesn't mean you can't get out of the housework. I never once said to you.
Speaker 5: That I was a celebrity, but sure, I mean you're on celebrity.
Speaker 3: I think the name said it all. Say no, Carla can't do the dishes, but Ben can do.
Speaker 6: Al I just say no, no.
Speaker 3: He's a complete sentence.
Speaker 2: Then it is Pride month this month, and are you doing anything in particular to celebrate.
Speaker 6: I've got a couple of gigs coming up soon for Pride Month. We're doing I'm performing at Pooftook in Sydney on the eighteenth of June, which is going to be.
Speaker 4: Sell those love it and you'll hear this. This is Carla's brand new song Gronks. That is what you're getting pulled on, so such a We're so proud of the new song Gronks is out now you can stream and everywhere. Plus Carla has a new line of merch. You can get it on Threadheads if you want to have a bar.
Speaker 2: We're very sad that you're no longer on Celebri Printers, but we look forward to very soon.
Speaker 6: You know what, I wouldn't say never say never with celebrit Apprentice because you might see me coming back, maybe might be around again at some point. You know, Lord Sugar loves me, so we'll.
Speaker 4: Be watching our TV with anticipation. Thanks Ben, We love you things for coming on.
Speaker 6: Love you guys.
Speaker 4: What we're doing right now.
Speaker 2: MIDI, there's something that I want to talk about right now, and it's something to move on.
Speaker 1: Just did oh no, we don't move on. It's an intervention.
Speaker 3: We need to talk about something.
Speaker 2: I walked in to the to the office here at a r N downstairs. There's a lovely receptionist who works and Mitchchury walks in with two massive bags from Aesos Santa I had like to Santa that were big, except that he was returning it to Santa. You know, you know when you buy something the line and then you send it back in the same bags. Yes, instead of Mitch taking it to the post office or to a red box or a Yellow box or wherever you take it to. Mitch walks in to the receptionist, nothing printed on them, and says, hey, Daisy, can you just take this back?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: And I think this is your lunch break. This is abusing the work perks.
Speaker 4: No, listen. They have a courier service that comes because we're a radiot. Nowlm's lisping. I don't have a list, but now I've developed a lisp. We have a courier service because we're a radio station. We send out prizes all the time. So the postman comes to us.
Speaker 2: Okay, question, who's going to print off that little label that you have to stick on for the returns.
Speaker 4: Well it'll be Daisy, but I've emailed it to her. All she has to do is click print black and white, you know, save the ink.
Speaker 1: Actually, we are throwing you under the bus, but I didn't know you had a courier service. I might still have to bring my stuff for you to print to send.
Speaker 4: On guys, you can't gritty. I can hook you up Daises Love. You'll give you a email. She's really good. But this everyone does this. It's work perks.
Speaker 3: I mean to be fair.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys know, but I every week I send a whole bunch of stuff I need printed ahead of time to the producer here to produce Keisha, and I get her to print it. I'm talking like forty fifty pages sometimes like sometimes there's scripts. Sometimes there's advertising.
Speaker 3: For that who has a printer at home?
Speaker 2: That no body's printer at home unless you have a home office, and then you might have a home print. But I feel like this is okay. I know that I'm teasing you, miss Yeah. I think that everybody in their workplace has some sort of work perk that they abuse.
Speaker 4: What would you do with Tony May the jewelry all the time?
Speaker 3: Get high on my O?
Speaker 2: No, But I'm with what I used to do when I used to work in an office. So I was doing Tony May on the side as my side hustle. But I used to go into work early and print off all my pamphlets and all of my line sheets and stuff for Tony May from my work printer.
Speaker 1: But I think this is pretty standard. Like even when I used to work at the pizza store, yep, I worked at a pizza store. I just used to like I turned into a pizza I used to eat that much pizza. Or I would charge myself a ham and pineapple pizza, but that would be loaded with prons.
Speaker 3: Or there would be you know, like a stationary cupboard. Everyone has something that they take.
Speaker 4: I will say while we're in the dude, I did actually cause a monumental rift at the radio station. We have a drinks Fridgeould you guys rate every show we go down now with my pop up? Yeah, Laura burn mother drinking poppap We talk about that later. Do you have Brittany, you get a sprite zero?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm always zero sugar. Whatever he's in there with zero sugar, super healthy.
Speaker 4: On Fridays, I would fill my backpack up with drinks and then I'd walk out and have to tiptoe because it sounded like a semi trailer moving and they had to install a camera. You know of me, and everyone's going that that person that ruined it for us. All I'm like, yeah, let's find them and let's get them.
Speaker 1: You need to steal it and then have a party.
Speaker 2: A party on the weekend.
Speaker 3: You realize that this is a national radio show and everyone's going to know that it's forgot. We want a show.
Speaker 2: I don't know what do other people steal from their workplaces or what do they get away with?
Speaker 1: What do you take advantage of your workplace?
Speaker 4: Yeah, give us a call, we'll get you on their Oh, let's got Chloe on thirteen one six times?
Speaker 5: Chloe?
Speaker 4: What do you take advantage of in your workplace? High?
Speaker 7: So I work full time remotely from home, so I don't have any like face to face off this time. And so I'm helping a friend with an event that she's running in Vietnam in September, and we decided in May to go over and do some prep. But I just worked remotely from Vietnam.
Speaker 1: Because so when you have to jump on like a skype meeting call or something, do you just do that thing when you blur the background.
Speaker 7: I have a background on it all the time, anyway.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the.
Speaker 2: Whole thing from working from home, though, isn't it? That is the real work perk? You can do it from anywhere.
Speaker 4: Aman, let's got a Haley I on thirteen one or six I've Hailey, what's your work perk you took advantage of?
Speaker 8: I occasionally nick the rolls of Loue paper for home when I run out.
Speaker 1: Did this start in the pandemic when there was a shortage or is this something you've done for a long time?
Speaker 8: No, it started because I just moved into state and I was really kind of short on money, like literally two hundred dollars left in my account. I just didn't want to buy Loue paper?
Speaker 3: What kind of what level apply?
Speaker 1: Talking four play six play eight places?
Speaker 3: It's never good.
Speaker 4: It's just thin.
Speaker 8: No, it's not bad, like it's not like the really thin. It's not like the role.
Speaker 2: Maybe the standards for toilet paper has just gone down so far because all you're doing is stealing it now in the public.
Speaker 4: You've never had the good Stuffily, so she doesn't know what it feels like. All right, wrap it up? Rose on thirteen one O six five? Rose, what's your work perk you're taking advantage of?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Well, I am. When I need a break, I take when I know that life old Cat's coming on here. I take my phone and my head suit, my bluetooth into the toilet and listen to the girls and had my.
Speaker 8: Little gills in the toilet.
Speaker 7: But when I someone walks in, I've got to be quiet and not pretend that you know, I'm just doing my business.
Speaker 4: That's not a worker but also.
Speaker 8: Work.
Speaker 1: Our average episode length is like an hour. How long are you taking in these toilets?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it depends how bored I am or how you know what mood I.
Speaker 4: Mean right last night again?
Speaker 1: Sorry, go nothing makes me happy? Rose, And then knowing that you listen to us while you take your most private moment.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: If I don't have the private vineage, just go in. Anyway.
Speaker 2: If some people can have smoke o breaks, you can have an extended to break, you can have an extended toilet break.
Speaker 4: I agree, Pool on mcclark, everybody take that from this.
Speaker 2: We have a dating relationships podcast, We Love Love here at Life on Cut. There is something that has been happening quite a bit recently, and we're seeing it more and more. There is an ex NFL star who recently took his wife's surname. And then also on top of that, do you know Brooklyn Beckham and how he's recently gotten married, so he also took his now wife's surname as well, but he made like a hyphenated name.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: That was Pelts, wasn't it. You would think I'm telling the story, but you know more than I do.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: But the thing about this is that this when when a man starts to take a woman's last name or they do things with a bit more balanced, they've given a name to that. It's a new dating relationship term called relationship balance.
Speaker 3: There really is a name for everything, isn't that?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: It just kind of shows that, like throughout all of these different types of dating phenomena, that there is now a new age definition and terminology that seems to go hand in hand.
Speaker 4: And alongside that something for everyone.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to unpack a couple of them with you guys. All right, do you know what a cookie jar relationship is?
Speaker 1: If we're not referring to Sessime Street, no.
Speaker 2: Okay, A cookie jar relationship is when you're dating two or three or maybe four people to work out who you like better. So you've got multiple people on at the same time and you're trying to figure out You're not only you're juggling them, but you're trying to figure out, like, hmm, hatch your bets.
Speaker 3: You know which one do you like better? Out of the three? Five?
Speaker 1: Every guy in Sydney correct jar, every guy in Australia.
Speaker 3: I used to cookie jar. How don't you want to go at the same time? It's just called dating? Is that they mean? When they's like, so you have your hand in the cookie jar?
Speaker 1: Yes, like you. You're trying to have them all the big cookie. You want your cake and eat it too.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it means to be benching someone?
Speaker 1: Do you lift them up above your head?
Speaker 4: Is this a sexy term or a gym? A long time?
Speaker 2: It's when you keep someone on hold on a bench. Basically, it just means that you like them, but you don't like them enough to commit to them, so you kin'd of got them there in case, you know, nothing else better comes along.
Speaker 3: They're just there, they're benched. Do you know what I love?
Speaker 1: I love the term not only because it's food, but bread crumbing. Do you have you heard of bread crumbing dust. But I think that's so fard. Bread crumbing is, and I think a lot of people do this. I have been guilty of it many many, many people have done it to me. But it's where you just give the tiniest little morsel. You're dropping these little crumbs to keep them following you, but not enough.
Speaker 3: You don't give them a whole loaf of bread.
Speaker 1: Interest. So maybe they give you a text here and there just to keep you hanging. So they drop the bread crumbs so you can find you way home.
Speaker 3: So you're basically just stringing them along.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you never get your freshly baked loaf of bread.
Speaker 3: It never comes.
Speaker 1: You get the old, stale, crusty bread crumb that has fallen off the tape.
Speaker 3: You end up in the bread house with old lady who trying to eat you.
Speaker 4: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have one more, which I think is quite a goodie. Now we all know what ghosting is. It's pretty I think that's a that's a staple, that's a relationship staple that we're all familiar with. Been there, donner have you heard of being the zombie or zombieing someone? No, So when you're a zombie. It's when you have ghosted someone but then you've been resurrected. So it's when when someone's gone dead, they haven't messaged you for weeks or a month, and then all of a sudden they're like you up, and we all know what that U up text.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, all their other options have gone down the gurgle. Yeah, they're like, yeah, I'll just read visit Old Sally from down the road.
Speaker 3: She's closed, but I'm going to find that girl that I had on the bench.
Speaker 7: The rest of the bread.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if you guys a scene, but it is this time of year where we start to get leaked all the daily mail snaps of the behind the scenes filming of the Bachelor. So the Bachelor's not out yet, but we know they love to go and do the spoilers. There is a lot of controversy because this season of a Bachelor apparently are in a fourteen point five a million dollar mansion in broad Beach on the Gold Coast now in Queensland, and a few of the old batchy contestants not us, but we're gonna give you our opinion. A few contestants have come out and said that they feel a bit ripped off because their mansion was nowhere near as good.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'll say I feel ripped.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I think I think us can be included that there was rats in my mansion.
Speaker 3: I have a video. I mean that's failure.
Speaker 2: I have a legitimate video that was sent I won't say who by, but someone who works in they sent it to me and it's a video of me in the bathroom running away from a friggin' rat that lived in the.
Speaker 3: Mansion with us. Where was we called him Ratty? Was Inclinori, Ah.
Speaker 4: And it was a big, big house.
Speaker 3: It was. It was a house that looked nice from a far but far from nice.
Speaker 4: But it that way.
Speaker 1: But do you know what, I don't know what they're that jealous about, because you know how many people go in. We don't know this season, but my season there were thirty girls. I have no idea how many women are in this season mansion, This fourteen point five million dollar mansion.
Speaker 3: It only has four bedrooms.
Speaker 1: So you do the math on that there are a lot of people bunking down in those bedrooms.
Speaker 4: Would you all actually stay there? Like school camps.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And what most people don't realize is that all the girls sleep in bunk beds the dormitory, in the rooms, they're like dorns. So in my room there was thirteen bunk beds in my room.
Speaker 4: And was it a tiny room?
Speaker 3: Oh, it was big enough thirteen bunk beds. It was pretty small.
Speaker 1: We had sixteen bunk beds in mine. It was literally like I was backpacking back in South America. It is hostele living. But people think that you're like I mean, people think that you walk in, you're in your own big, luxurious bedroom. There's fine places as shad. It is not like that you are fining for the bathroom. If you have an accident, if you've got an upset stomach, you're you're left for dust.
Speaker 4: But you maked up the whole time. Are they filming you twenty four seven.
Speaker 2: Not twenty four seven. You're marked up for like majority of the day. Then you have like the evenings and stuff. Unless it's a cocktail party, you're not marked up. But if you're just having leisure time, and I put leisure time in like little queer buddies. If you're having leisure time around the house, you're not miked up, so they're not listening to those conversations. But we had to share two bathrooms, twenty four girls, two bathrooms.
Speaker 3: So we had to shower.
Speaker 2: It was a glass door, a glass shower door, so whoever was doing their makeup in.
Speaker 3: The basin could see them straight into the shower. So you'd have to hang your taiel.
Speaker 2: Over the glass door, jump over the rats, yeah, jump over rattus, get in the shower, hang your tailer, and we all just everyone was just mood all the time together because you had no privacy and you don't.
Speaker 1: The funniest thing is when you're doing when you're actually filming, you're doing rose submarines and things.
Speaker 3: Like that, or cocktail parties.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, And because you're constantly miked, when you've got to go to the toilet, you'll literally call out to like the twenty.
Speaker 3: Men that are working behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: You're like, boys number seventeen's going to the toilet. You might want to turn the mic off for a hot second, no, because otherwise they hear it. So you had to give them the heads up that you were going to do your business.
Speaker 4: So why is this how so much better? Because what's the price at fourteen point five million.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's so much better. I think it's just on the water and it seems like it's in a nicer location.
Speaker 3: I was in the book Shelves.
Speaker 2: Of the Middle of Nowhere and it's a bit sunny and a bit more like I mean, I've seen the paparazzi photos of this house.
Speaker 3: It does look pretty lush.
Speaker 2: From the outside, but we all know what's going on inside.
Speaker 3: Single beds and no fun.
Speaker 4: You can take the batchy mansion out of a girl, but you can't put the batchy girl in bunk beds in a room.
Speaker 3: Something in that somewhere.
Speaker 4: I lock to the new crop of girls and Ratley. Hope Ratley gets up to broad Beach waters. Sorry, Yeah, we have seen this man all over our televisions. He's a bonfid superstar. He's not an aussy Bourne, but he is from from Ireland. We know jocks On Fellow from Masters him.
Speaker 3: Geography.
Speaker 4: Lesson that.
Speaker 7: Hope.
Speaker 4: He's not on the phone right now. His new book A Last Shot is available, is here to talk all about it. Plus, of course master Chef Jocksonfrellow joins us, Hi, thanks for having me so many.
Speaker 2: People know you like you are on Master Chef, you're on a TV screens. Nobody without knowing your story of reading your book would know that you have had this other life, a completely different life that you've lived beforehand. Did you ever think or what was the catalyst that made you be able to go, yeah, I'm going to be on a TV show. I've got my start. Like, turning your life around in such a huge way is truly remarkable, But what was that moment where you were like, Okay, things are on the up again.
Speaker 5: I think when I emigrated and I was working at forty one.
Speaker 6: And then when you read the book.
Speaker 5: There's this first half that is up to that point where I stopped taking heroin, and then there's the other half of the book, which is after it, and the other half begins with just more turmoil and more really bad shit. Because what I realized is that I also had an obsession as well as an addiction. I had an obsession with foods. I had an obsession with cooking, and it was almost as damaging on my life as the addiction was, probably more so. And so the first couple of years clean was the beginning of me trying to sort myself out as a person and dealing with my mental health again diagnosed as a high function or CD binary.
Speaker 2: So you think you can transfer as in like you had that heroin addiction and then you transferred the addiction into something else and.
Speaker 5: You was not.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I I've always had the obsession, and I think, and I've talked about it in the book, I can't I honestly don't believe I would have conquered the addiction if I didn't have the obsession. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, to channel all your energy and that obsessive behavior into something else and you just managed to find a positive Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I think if you talk to a lot of people who have been addicted there and I'll tell you that there needs to be something more compelling than heroin to draw you away from it, do you know what I mean? And I think for me, I was lucky enough where I you know, food's and cooking. I was obsessed clearly and had a career that I'd focused on and that kept me on the right side the wrong.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 2: There's a bit of a stereotype that has been cast with chefs that they can be a bit angry or they can.
Speaker 3: You know, just yes, bad boys.
Speaker 2: I feel like that this is this is and I mean I've dated a chefs once before in my life time, and I would say he was a bit hot headed. Do you think that there's any truth to this or would you say maybe it's a bit of a stereotype.
Speaker 5: No, I think the truth to in a certain degree. I think the kitchen is a place of high pressure that have this build up of pressure throughout the day as you've worked towards service right and get it ready, twelve o'clock happens all of a sudden, there's one hundred checks on. Everyone's yelling and showing each other because that's you know, like to get food in a busy, busy restaurant. And then when it's all over at ten or eleven o'clock at night, you've mop down the benches, do a little bit of preyer. You leave the kitchen at mid night one o'clock in the morning and it's silence and there's nobody and there's nothing open. There's nothing for you to do.
Speaker 2: That's the hospitality industry, isn't it. And that's why they say there's a bit of a partying mentality after shifts and no.
Speaker 3: That's why I did the break shifts.
Speaker 5: I think it is that you get this hot headed this because you know, I think people just have that that reputation. Obviously Gordon is a made of mind. But I mean, you know he doesn't help us at all by when he's just yelling at everybody.
Speaker 4: Hell's Kitchen didn't help help the help.
Speaker 2: BRANDM glad that we don't see you yelling at people on Master Chef, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yes, I completely we love your Master Chef buddy. The new book is available as well, but I need to know, buddy, we want to do a little challenge with you. We're calling it the Ultimate lifel one cut Foody Challenge. You say you think about food twenty four to seven all day every day. We've got real cuisines from around the world that sound unbelievable, that sounds so ridiculous. We need your help naming the ingredients. You get to play our challenge next.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do now about this game looks like the game.
Speaker 2: Here it is now we have picked out some truly unbelievable names of dishes, Dishes that we've never heard of, dishes that we think you've probably never heard of it. They are real dishes, and we want to know if you can name any of the ingredients. Actually, do you know what if you can tell us what they are and if you can name all the ingredients, But if you can't do that, even just one or two of them would be truly, truly remarkable.
Speaker 3: All Right, I'm going to kick it off. What is the head cheese?
Speaker 5: So do you know where it comes from?
Speaker 2: Noky, I'm going to say that it is jellied. It is something that's been jellied.
Speaker 5: It is jelly, So head cheese. It's like brawn basically, and so it's kind of imagine a teren usually an irange shepeah.
Speaker 6: Actually it's made with a pig's head.
Speaker 3: Did you just google that?
Speaker 5: I'm on the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Joe, what is sex in a pan? And now get your head out of the garter.
Speaker 3: It's a food sex pants.
Speaker 5: No, that's what I haven't heard of.
Speaker 3: This would be difficult to do.
Speaker 4: It's a dessert, we should say, so.
Speaker 6: If that helps sex desert.
Speaker 5: So if I'm gonna I've got no idea. I've never heard of it. I'm thinking it's a dessert that have to be criminate.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, cream cheese, whipped cream, it's got vanilla sugar pudding. It's like a completely laid thing with pecans.
Speaker 3: It's pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: It also just kind of sounds like a pecan pie with lots of with lots of And to be honest, I don't really want to sex in a pan.
Speaker 3: Cream cheese doesn't really do it for me.
Speaker 1: Cottage cheese, everyone, we don't actually have that intel Sorry.
Speaker 3: What is a juicy lucy?
Speaker 5: Sounds like a cocktail?
Speaker 1: No, it is not.
Speaker 3: McDonald's doesn' well.
Speaker 5: McDonald's does it well, lucy juicy Lucy. I've got no idea.
Speaker 2: It's a juicy lucy cheeseburger juice, but it's stuffed inside the meat patty instead of the cheese is inside the meat.
Speaker 4: She's juicy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything about that is wrong.
Speaker 6: And I think McDonald's.
Speaker 4: The last one worth a hundred points.
Speaker 1: This is if you get this, you win the whole thing. I'm just trying to side which one I do for you?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Does he win? Does he does?
Speaker 4: Will courier one to you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: What is a garbage plate?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 6: I haven't heard of a garbage plate?
Speaker 5: I think is it something? Is it something like the the hellal snack pag stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I like American like American baseball game.
Speaker 5: American baseball game chips.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's kind of got it. He's got it, he's got it. Yeah, it's a plate of meat, pasta, salad, home fries in your choice of protein, hot dog or hamburg is he We'll give it.
Speaker 5: Hang on a minute, salad and thrive.
Speaker 3: No past or salad. The carbs are in there.
Speaker 4: Garbage for a reason. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I truly think that comes off the back of some sort of sporting I definitely agree.
Speaker 4: I agree. All right, Jog your a legend, buddy. You can catch Jock on Master Chef currently on Channel ten. And of course he's his book, The Last Shot is available wherever you get your best books. Go and have a bye.
Speaker 6: Thank you for coming on, Thanks for having me, guys.
Speaker 4: Just I'm so happy because of the new iOS update that that's coming to the iPhone. Some of the changes have made me so.
Speaker 2: Please, so please, do you know this is something that I think a lot of people are going to be excited about.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: With Apple, you know when you send a text message, Yes, However, so often you'll send a message and then be like I wish I could undsend that message. That is what they're bringing out basically with some of these new changes that they've brought out with the iOS update. Yeah, if you're someone who actually ever gets around to updating their phones.
Speaker 3: You can recall messages now.
Speaker 2: So if you change your mind, if you accidentally say something that you don't mean, if you tell your boss that he's a po and you want to withdraw that statement, you now have fifteen minutes. So fifteen minutes after sending a text message you can go back in. If the person hasn't read.
Speaker 4: It, you take it back.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't help you after midnight, Like you need more than fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: You need to eat our window.
Speaker 1: You need to wake up the next day and be like, oh my gosh, I sent that at midnight. But this was the most requested change, the most requested update, and I am here for it, and I wish it was around the last ten years because I have done this way too many times.
Speaker 3: Do you know once, Oh my god, I just remember this. Do you know what I did?
Speaker 1: I was going on a date, a first date with this super super hot, good looking guy. Yeah, and I was so excited by it that I screenshot our conversation because it was a bit flirty, and I went to send it to my friend can you And I was like, can you believe I'm going on a date with this guy? And I sent the screenshot of our conversation back to him.
Speaker 4: At least she was saying he's hot.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, he was in the.
Speaker 1: Public a little bit, so people knew me was it's more embarrassing. I was modified and I couldn't if what did he say?
Speaker 3: He just like I owned it.
Speaker 1: I wrote back and I said, there's not really any way to explain this other than it is what it is. And we still went on the date. We went on the date, but didn't go further than that. I think it was a sympathy date.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's more of a success story. I've definitely I'm single.
Speaker 2: Later, I've definitely screenshot someone's dating profile and meant to send the dating profile to my friend, but sent it to him and exactly like this, This is one of those instances where you just want to take it back.
Speaker 3: I wish that didn't happen, and now you can. But this is the other thing.
Speaker 2: You can also go in and you can change the setting so you can say that it's something's been unseen, even if you've read it.
Speaker 3: You can now say that it's been unread.
Speaker 4: But that's only on your phone, so if you're too busy to read it, you can go back later.
Speaker 3: Right, No, surely this change is going to be different.
Speaker 2: Surely with this change, if you if you hit unread, it means the other person thinks you haven't read it.
Speaker 3: Now, And this is what I mean. I did this for years.
Speaker 1: I always thought when your market is unread, it quickly lets everyone know, like the other person thinks you haven't read it. So I used to read things marketers unread and be like never applying to that person.
Speaker 3: But they knew I had seen it.
Speaker 4: It's just for you. They still have seen changes, Laura.
Speaker 2: But I thought that this would just be with Instagram. I think with this new update, maybe you can actually.
Speaker 3: You can recall the unread.
Speaker 7: No you can't.
Speaker 3: All right, well, I'm gonna lobby Apple because that's the next change.
Speaker 1: We do actually have a really good podcast episode coming up for this week on Tuesday with Kisses Very Own.
Speaker 3: Will from Will and Woody.
Speaker 1: We're talking about toxic masculinity because it is something that is very important to talk about.
Speaker 3: But it's something that Will speaks very openly.
Speaker 1: About and recently he had a little bit of a breakdown slash breakthrough on Celebrity Apprentice.
Speaker 2: Well, we also got to sit down and do share my food with Will and Woody recently. These guys are so open about talking about mental health. They're big advocates for it, and we wanted to extend that conversation. And yeah, the whole episode it is a round toxic masculinity and how it affects everyone, not just men.
Speaker 3: It doesn't discriminate, it doesn't discriminate. And then that's it. That's coming up next week.
Speaker 4: I'll be listening.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to you, Mum to Dad.
Speaker 1: So you dog, tell your friends and share the love because.
Speaker 4: Wellollo miss any of the life One Cut Radio show with Breet Hockley and Laura Ben. Hear it in the catch up podcast on iHeartRadio.