Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: This sweating all the time.
Speaker 3: The big man will chase the pig making rum.
Speaker 4: There is a smellet that is not good.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Good Morning's ten minutes bout six choose stem morning. Welcome into the Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning, Jackie Boy, Good morning guys, Good morning, Pats morning. I couldn't ready tell by the voice not having as much bounce as yesterday.
Speaker 4: Tough night with your baby Sonny yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, half the challenge now if he wakes up, it's putting him back to sleep, but also getting back to sleep yourself. And I just couldn't get myself back to sleep last night.
Speaker 5: Didn't you have any like little inner ear buds you know that you see ROADI say, I used to have those bed No, yes, no, well otherwise this that's why I could carry on to a show. You are, yes, you do so use in an air march.
Speaker 4: You've got to look after yourself during the night.
Speaker 3: I think the problem with our bedroom is there's not enough ventilation in there. We've got the dog.
Speaker 4: What are you a seller? It feels like that.
Speaker 3: Honestly, last night I was like, it's a selling here. I can't breathe properly, and my nose is all stuffy.
Speaker 4: Can you hear that?
Speaker 3: In my nose?
Speaker 4: That is stuffy.
Speaker 6: That's how you're normally.
Speaker 3: So we got that.
Speaker 4: We never remember those golden rules.
Speaker 5: He's always funny, he's not stuffy.
Speaker 3: I'm particularly blocked up today. I think the problem is so we got the heater running in there because we've got to keep the baby warm. Got the dog next to.
Speaker 4: That dry heat all night dries. It's like a silica It's like living with silica.
Speaker 5: Jet around you. What do you putting those trainer box? I think every room is meant to have. You know those wall fence that you see in every house. We used to have those before we did the renovation.
Speaker 4: And now you need to just sell.
Speaker 5: This is who did the renovation. So there's a lack of ventilation.
Speaker 4: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: I didn't think to put those wall fence back in.
Speaker 6: Did you master open the well?
Speaker 3: See some plaster did the actual plaster? So shouldn't he have said, hey, where you want your wolf?
Speaker 4: So where's the ventilation? Killing from nowhere?
Speaker 3: Nowhere.
Speaker 5: So you don't have a bedroom door open. Obviously we close it to keep the heat in the who's in the bedroom? You've got baby, g.
Speaker 3: Got Gordon, then Bianca, me, then the dog.
Speaker 4: The dogs in there as well, and I think the.
Speaker 3: Dogs, all the paws and the like the what was it called goes up your nose? You know she's given me like fever. What's that called?
Speaker 6: Allergy?
Speaker 5: Sign languages pointing out I don't know what he's giving.
Speaker 4: You, I think, honestly, pets sweeties.
Speaker 3: At three o'clock in the morning, I thought I have to put a hole in the wall tomorrow.
Speaker 6: No, you need to fling that door right back.
Speaker 5: And god, you even had enough sense. I thought you're actually going to three ever people go back.
Speaker 4: It starts with a concerned wife, Hey.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I'll turnel out of here.
Speaker 4: Creeping sedge. Where are you going? For a hole in the wall so we can breathe? And also what lovely I see anyone in right now as well?
Speaker 3: I think I just need to go to Buddings, get one of those little vents and then put a hole through each side of the wall.
Speaker 7: Door.
Speaker 3: No, no, every house is right.
Speaker 4: I think you just need to let some area out.
Speaker 3: Okay, have a look in your bedrooms. Tell me overnight. Honestly, if you've got those little walls.
Speaker 6: Do you have them, Christian, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think otherwise it be all drafted old houses.
Speaker 6: Happen them, I think now, Jack.
Speaker 3: I'm true. I thought that was a trick. Honestly thought if I put ventilation in my house today that I would sleep with.
Speaker 4: Try two things tonight.
Speaker 5: Okay, the door, John, so you feel I'm telling you now, if you just feel perceptualized a draft coming through, you will feel there's more oxygen than now.
Speaker 4: Go after the show, get those inner I'm.
Speaker 3: Not going to wear those. Wearing those anyone.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter what's feeling like this. We're putting them in. You'll soon get used to them.
Speaker 3: I'll try it for one, not only okay, but don't.
Speaker 4: Do it for me.
Speaker 8: For you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Patsy, did you see the stuff that Princess Kate is getting for her trying to control her son yesterday on the Bokay, I felt sorry for it.
Speaker 6: You know what, that's such a croc I just wish people, all these keyboard keyboard warriors would just back off. Let the woman be he's four.
Speaker 3: What are they saying?
Speaker 4: Oh, mate, you've got to see the video.
Speaker 3: He's doing what four year olds I saw.
Speaker 4: He's any four year old, he says, can be bored.
Speaker 5: There, aren't they been there for like four days waving those tiny little flags. He's done with it, right, And there's a lot of some of the adults in the background.
Speaker 4: They're done with it as well.
Speaker 3: I'm thirty four and I was born.
Speaker 5: But he's doing that thing that she used to do with their mum, or when you're trying to tell them off, but they just put their and it is really irritating. And she's just a normal mum in that situation. She's not like you married him on the raw phone. She's just a mum and you actually just want to scream. But obviously the while just watching her judging her, it's like we've all been in that situation because when they.
Speaker 4: Put that hand over your mouth, right, it tries. It's not the rudest thing you could ever do. You don't even speak to me. You're like, what that is not acceptable?
Speaker 6: And you know what, it's hard enough as a normal parent, but when you've got the eyes of the world.
Speaker 3: On you, and you're on cameras.
Speaker 6: She's just doing what and he's just doing what a normal little Toddagine.
Speaker 5: If that was like thirty forty years ago, I'm sure one of those raw family parents would just wallop that kid round the back of his head. Everyone had gone that it's Parrington. Whereas now she has to try and sort of where they go. I know, I'll use your inside voice. Hey, I know you're very bored right now. No, don't hit mummy. I've told you before. You have to do all these soothy.
Speaker 4: Amount of the mum's eye here now and restles going Sebastian.
Speaker 5: I know it's fun to kick mummy in the leg, but mummy gets her and this little terrace.
Speaker 6: I felt so sorry. Four years today, I thought, don't you judge her. Don't come out and say, oh, you haven't got control of your child, or you should be doing this, or you should be you know what, give her a break. I think she does an exceptional job and you think she.
Speaker 4: Should have done.
Speaker 5: I remember once we're in a restaurant and one of my kids, so it was Lowis is having a meltdown. She's probably like four or five, because she couldn't have whatever she want on the menu, and Sarah tried to reason with her, and in the end I just picked her up because she's having a meltdown and everyone's around and carried her out. That's what could go for a walk and she could just dispense the energy. But it actually looked like a bouncer because I'm trying.
Speaker 4: To get out of the high chair and they they ed le around train the next generation of USC World champions.
Speaker 5: Trying to get her out and got over the shoulder and she was like trying to slide down her back and kicking them, punching me and people were laughing right as I was trying to walk out. Stuff like that's what should have acted like a bouncer, just walked him out of there.
Speaker 1: Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much for the people who are kind enough to call in trying to offer Jackson support.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 5: And it's at the moment till one point I hurt Jack pick up a phone and just say to one of you, ah, Hi, good morning, Christian O'Connor show, what are your ventilation thoughts? The number one ventilation station in Victoria.
Speaker 4: Actually that looks.
Speaker 5: Someone suggesting a humid ifive. Quite a few people saying, don't put the heating on overnight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got it. I think that's the key. Turn the heater off. It's too dry and.
Speaker 4: Too dry, horrible kind of drying the night because you wake up in your it's horrible feeling that.
Speaker 3: But I guess Bianke's argument is she's going to wake up in the middle of the night and feed him, so she doesn't want to.
Speaker 4: Someone's a little bit selfish, aren't they.
Speaker 5: Princess Jackie Boy has a radio talkie show to do in but hours.
Speaker 3: I don't want to dry mouth in the morning.
Speaker 4: Life when the dry mouth, there's a life not worth living.
Speaker 5: Dry the anchor dry man also feeding quietly, go and do in the car or something. All right, So yesterday on the show, we were asking you what did you break as a kid. We're trying to go through the letters of the alphabet with the things you broke as a kid. We're not just talking about bones. So a lot of a lot of damage don by us when we were younger nine one, O, four three.
Speaker 4: What do we get yesterday, Jack, Here's what we.
Speaker 3: Got so far? In the eight is B for bed Tony accidentally let his parents bed on fire. See for cars. Mayer intentionally scratched her name into ten vehicles outside at grandparents house.
Speaker 4: This is incredible. I still can't believe.
Speaker 3: That Nanimpa had to pay a thousand dollars per car from memory plate, Patsy breaking her mum's chryinga plate, jumping off the dresser statue for Andrew for Aaron, He's.
Speaker 5: That the kid had them outdown to destroyed Buddha. There's something very Buddha, I think, and Buddhist about destroying. But I think there's even a books and if you say, if you meet Buddha, kill him.
Speaker 3: Tractor Brad doing donuts in near Paddock as a young man, took out the.
Speaker 4: Track overnight crime report, don't they?
Speaker 3: And vas the vias at your priest's house that you threw to your maintenance.
Speaker 4: That sounds quite dodgy? Was Christian to get out something from the priest? Anyway? What did you break as a kid? Give us a call?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Asking you on nine four one four one O four three what did you break as a kid?
Speaker 4: Christiana works.
Speaker 5: You can't ring him but for me tick off the letter n for neighbors as in neighbors window. I was stunned yesterday that we didn't have any windows. Windows are a kid's dream to break, aren't they? So we're magnetically attached to a destiny to break all. I don't think you had a proper childhood list. She took out one window, either in your own home or a mate's. This guy here, Scott. When I was thirteen, I went goldfing for the first time with some friends on the school holidays. When I go home, I thought it was a pro said about showing my sister how it's done.
Speaker 4: So I got the driver out.
Speaker 5: The driver teed off from the front or towards an empty paddock up the road.
Speaker 4: Only my wicket slice kicked in. Take some bore.
Speaker 5: Straight through a neighbor's window across the front road.
Speaker 4: What a trick shot, though, Scott, shout out for that trick shot.
Speaker 5: Right, so magic completely an love the image that someone is doing their washing up them with this golf course, isn't he here?
Speaker 4: That's great? All right, let's go to lines.
Speaker 5: What did you break as a kid? Nine one O four three, Good morning, Greg.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian morning. Game. Here are you going?
Speaker 5: We're going great. Welcome on board, Greg. What did your break as a kid.
Speaker 9: Mate bringing w to the table with water tank? A water Yeah, so you know how you see dads walking around and tapping the metal tanks with their knuckles to see where the water's up to. Makes a different sown when you tap it.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 9: I tried that on a concrete tank and hurt my knuckles when I was a little tacker, and I thought I'll pick up a slow tamer and I hit the concrete tank with a slow tamber to see where the border was and broke the tank.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what this escalated very quickly.
Speaker 3: You said it like it was natural progression, like we all.
Speaker 4: Knuckle to switch amos.
Speaker 5: If you stubbed a toe on a table, you go and get that sledge jam or a chainsaw, and so what you obviously you know sledgehammer meets water tank?
Speaker 4: Did you destroy it?
Speaker 9: Be cracking? It was about cracking. The tank was about the same height as me. I was about seven at the time, and then we lost quite a bit of water and had the reface to think, what.
Speaker 5: Is it about dad's tapping stuff? I used to do that years ago with radiators, thinking I could somehow define water levels and just because I saw my dad doing it, banging water levels in them.
Speaker 4: All right, that's a great one. Thank you very much, Greg.
Speaker 11: Have a good day, all right.
Speaker 5: W for water tank ticked off Beth. Good morning, Good morning, Beth. Is that a young baby I can hear in the background.
Speaker 9: It is so I have hate for house house.
Speaker 12: Yes, you brought the house down, but I certainly did so. When I was at two or three years old, Dad was working on one of our cars in the driveway and was supposed to be supervising me while I played in the other one on the nature strip. I did the handbrake and Dad did not know that I was gone until the neighbor from that three or four houses down came up with me in toe and told my mum that I had just stoopen through their front fencing too, their house.
Speaker 4: Whytt three? I mean no charm playing playing in a car. Of course, that arm rate's coming off. It's just second again. It's like a magnet. It's up and down and off.
Speaker 12: I'm not sure he actually learned his lesson either, because I can remember all through my years playing in that car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your favorite toy wouldn't it the traveling ah, your own one. It's like a flying carpet for a kid.
Speaker 12: Thankfully, though my driving skills have increased since then.
Speaker 4: That's great, Beth, thank you very much for giving us a call. Thank you very much, Christian, Chris, good morning, Christoph.
Speaker 13: Hey Christian, how you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm good Maye. And what did you break as a kid?
Speaker 13: We'll go gee for glass? We went for a Mum took us out, me and the brother one day for a shop to Eastern Side shopping Center as well known out in the east of Melbourne. And my brother tapped a little I don't know if you remember, but they used to have a little red glass, a little thing on the wall if you had a fight had glass on it.
Speaker 5: That we were we were we could be in charge of such a such a thing.
Speaker 13: So they're a fantastic thing. And they're just at the right height. I must have been about seven, like their's caller. And my brother gave a little tap and I was walking behind him, and I thought, well, it he tapped it, I'll be fine. So I gave a little tap. But it must have been a little bit harder, so I broke the glass. The red button. Lenny all the sirens went off. The fibrigade came to this shopping center in the east, closed down the shopping center. Everyone was evacuated. This is in the eighties, when you know, they probably didn't have the you know, the anti five fiber fire the stuff they have now. So they locked the shop and center, evacuate, sirens going, police fire brigade. Mum shuffling me out to go, goddamn get out of here before we wow.
Speaker 4: I to say, did you own up or apologize?
Speaker 11: Nothing?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, well mum saw me hand you for years.
Speaker 4: They've got you now, my friend, they're on their way.
Speaker 1: They have.
Speaker 4: Chris, thank you very much. A coil. We'll send your price.
Speaker 1: Ber No, you're listening to the Christian o'kyl's show podcast.
Speaker 5: What did you break as a kid? Come on to Tracy Christian. My brothers boke three windows playing cricket in the front yard for three days straight.
Speaker 4: They broke a window per day.
Speaker 5: They told my mum that apparently to become a fire ask bowler, you need to break windows.
Speaker 4: Tracy, that's great, Thank you very much for that, Christian.
Speaker 5: When I was about eight, for Christmas, Mom and dad brought me a toy called a stop Boris.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, I don't never heard of one.
Speaker 5: Don't let me trying to do that in the UK right now with the leader Boris Johnson. It was a big green spider with red eyes that came towards you. Some people say Boris's there after he's been drinking. The game was you had to shoot it with a gun to stop it. This must be the eighties, because why would you ever give a kid a toy like that? Destruction is never far away. It didn't stop. It scared the hell out me. Boris kept coming towards me. I jumped and landed on stop Boris, but that didn't stop him. In the end, I just stamped and stamped it and eat. Poor old Boris died and never worked again.
Speaker 4: Be for Boris. Thank you very much, Adrian.
Speaker 5: Julia, good morning, Hi Hei are you? I'm good Julia, and wellcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Judy.
Speaker 4: What did you break as a kid?
Speaker 14: My parents roof in the back garden conservatory. I asked if I could go outside and let off a skyrocket. So I went outside into the conservatory let the rocket off. When it went straight through the roof, it did.
Speaker 5: But what a spectacle, what a show, and obviously broke it the window.
Speaker 14: Oh, I broake the whole roof in the conservatory.
Speaker 4: Wow, Judy, thank you very much for giving us a call. Okay, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: And can I just say it's lovely to have some of Neil Mitchell's callers.
Speaker 4: Always welcome, always welcome. Peter, good morning.
Speaker 11: Morning, Gyre we go.
Speaker 4: And now what did you break as a kid?
Speaker 11: Peep? Break a friend of mine?
Speaker 4: You broke your friend? It's sold. What did you do?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 10: You know, we used to back the doors, We used to dig dink here some on the back of your bike. I was just thinking him home from school and somebody had made a nice big man of dirt on one of the tracks, and I figured this is pretty cool. So I took the jump with him, and there's much a lot of screaming with him on the back. But as we hit the deck, the bike broke in half and I took off from the handlebars and the front wheel and he's ended up. He's ended up with a big pile on the back wheel and a slick the sissy barrel wrapped around him, and he was just absolutely fuming. But yeah, I don't know. We've got found It's sort of funny in the end, but yeah, it was was It was like.
Speaker 4: Something out of a Hannah Barbara cartoon. The kid with the wheel, he still goes on down the road for miles.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well he's sort of finally forgave me.
Speaker 4: But anyway, yeah, but what is it about that?
Speaker 5: Some of the best highlights if your kid hasn't given him.
Speaker 4: In on those bikes together.
Speaker 5: And you're right, that mound of dirt, even if I see kid playing with them, now, mound of dirt. Now there's an oval opposite us. So there are these kids, they turn up on a Sunday with shovels, right, They really weren't organized, sticking.
Speaker 4: Out the mounds there.
Speaker 5: And I watched them and I'm like, those are that's such I'm so tend to go and join them.
Speaker 3: A football across the city.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there, Hammers is, there's a retired neighbor. There's always a retired neighbor who then goes in during the week and fills them back up. I know something's not blessed. No leaves the mounds, Peter, thank you very much, she called, that's a great story.
Speaker 11: Have a good week.
Speaker 4: Thank you you too, Louise Morning Team.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 4: We're good, Lulu.
Speaker 15: So when I was about six or seven, I was coming home and I took my gun boots off and in a typical six or seven year old you have kicked your boots off. It's gone flying across the room. Second one is flying across the room and it's my great grandmother's heir loom, bright orange bas no.
Speaker 5: Heir loom gumboo will kicking your shoes off even still as an adult.
Speaker 4: Now you've got to.
Speaker 5: Loosen the back of the hill now and you give it old flip. But it's a flying leafed object, isn't it.
Speaker 15: I'm not sure if Mum was upset or not because it was bright orange. Maybe a little bit because it was their great grandmothers. But bars didn't win.
Speaker 4: All right, Thank you very much. Give us a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 5: Podcast, Jack and I had a phrase before the start of the show today from producer Ria about someone he named a pie purist. What is it about people that are phrased purists as well that are just intent there's too much regulation around whatever they like?
Speaker 4: Real? How did you find out about something called a pie purist.
Speaker 8: I was at the Hawks Pies game on Sunday. We went to get our pies at halftime, and one of my mate's mates had.
Speaker 3: A pie like that you distanced yourself from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, he's not a friend.
Speaker 5: I'd be aware when you lost those two streams in the two worlds.
Speaker 4: It's rare that you get on.
Speaker 16: Well.
Speaker 4: You each view each other suspiciously, don't you say?
Speaker 5: With work mates and your mates as well, there's there's an uneasy tension, but the two groups coming together.
Speaker 3: I don't like bucks parties now they bring their work rival tribes.
Speaker 4: We went to school together anyway. Sorry, yes, oh.
Speaker 8: Yes, the pies and he ate the pie with no sauce, no tomato sauce, no barbecue sauce, just went in dry and I was like, what that's like sick o behaved disgusting.
Speaker 5: That is Yeah, that's why you couldn't ever be close friends such a pie savage, not a pie purist.
Speaker 4: You need it's too dry.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, the sauce is probably the best part.
Speaker 4: It's a start and.
Speaker 5: Then you get the pie with it, but you need whether it's barbecued tomato, you have to have the sauce.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because the meat is just gluggy miscellaneous stuff.
Speaker 5: And I don't know what I'm hearing it. It's the finest, the finest meat in the world. You can't select it and put in those pies.
Speaker 4: And there's so much ugly, fugly meat.
Speaker 5: They go, you can't come in. If you're a pig's tail, you can't come in this, I'm sorry, or an ie or an eyebrow. It's the finest meat it's got meet in those pies.
Speaker 8: And that's why he called himself a pie purist. He goes, I really love the flavor of the pie. I just want to eat. He joined them for one buck.
Speaker 5: The MG because these are not called pie purist pies, the triple pete. All right, I want you to know this morning, though, Is this just a one off guy who does that? Are there other people out there who have like a party pile or four and twenty but with no source.
Speaker 3: This as bad for me as sausage sizzle with no sauce. If you go sausage and bread no sauce.
Speaker 4: There's no taste, no patsy ah, gotta have sauce.
Speaker 3: You're a heathen.
Speaker 4: If you don't heathen, you're quite right, it's on a street.
Speaker 6: It's illegal.
Speaker 3: Are you a heathen?
Speaker 4: Are pie heathen? Called it?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 4: Then if you're having a pie with no source?
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Producer Rio has told us about someone out of the game at the mcg on son of the Pies Game, who had no sauce with his pie, referred to himself as a pie purist.
Speaker 4: You, sir, a pie terror.
Speaker 3: I don't like it. I don't even do a bite without sauce. I make sure there's a sauce on every bar.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, if I have salad, I'm gonna have ketchup all over that.
Speaker 4: There must be sauce leaving. My blood group is sauce.
Speaker 5: I'm a saucy man Christian. Not only do I not have saucer pies. I eat party pies via taking the lid off first those people eating the meat, then the bottom casing, then the lid. Been doing that since I was a kid. That's from Stephanie, all right, So we're trying to find out this one, this pie purist, who has a pie with no sauce, is that?
Speaker 4: And we prayed this, I pray that's the word. We're living in guys, well, that's just the one off again. It's just a roke, just a rogue.
Speaker 5: He's is out there in the wind okay that there's not more of you out there nine four one four one four three. Who is eating pies without the sauce miller? Hello, hello, question.
Speaker 17: I am disgusted to hear that someone for you have no join the convict of Australia and putting sauce on pie?
Speaker 5: Did saw some place in the UK my friends?
Speaker 16: Well, I must say that must be.
Speaker 17: The Irish and you're coming out. You don't put sauce on pie. There's no need for it.
Speaker 4: I have sauce with a pie.
Speaker 5: I know in Scotland you fear the pie because it might have vegetables inside it hidden for you.
Speaker 17: That is true, questioned before me. Just a shale pie with the meat and it's just paper. That's all you need. The manufacturers off the pie have done their best work and the pie there's no need for any extravagant sauce.
Speaker 4: Extravagant spoken like a true scott.
Speaker 3: We can't trust the UK. Warm beer.
Speaker 5: I had a warm warm because it took so long.
Speaker 3: It was a warm beer and no sauce pie, no fun.
Speaker 4: Miller, thank you very much. You call me.
Speaker 5: Jail spoken like a true Scotsman. They're the word he spat out, extravagant sauce. That means they've got a money buying the sauce. That's what it's about.
Speaker 4: Zach.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Zach, good morning, Hey Christian, Holli gang.
Speaker 4: We're good. It's the big pie debate right now, Zach. Where do you stand on it?
Speaker 13: So this one goes out with my sister Jordan, who claims she's a pie purist. She likes to buy a me pie, peel the lid off crab, they take away spoon or fork and eat the entire meat contents and then eat plain pastry with no sauce.
Speaker 4: I don't understand the order in that.
Speaker 13: I don't understand either, because surely, if you're going to do in that order, you would eat the pastry first, so that the desert mouth. That's the whole point. You know, you can't just it's just wrong. I can hardly call it my sister after she did what once.
Speaker 4: It's just wow, every day we move further away from God.
Speaker 11: Zach.
Speaker 5: Right, Zach, we can agree on that, Zach. Zach, thank you very much for your emotional call this morning.
Speaker 13: All right, thank you very much by.
Speaker 4: Lisa.
Speaker 7: Good morning. How are you going?
Speaker 18: I'm a pie purist and a food purist.
Speaker 5: Don't okay, sorry've been trouble before about that.
Speaker 4: Sorry your pipe peeris you were saying, Lisa.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't have sauce on anything?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: What do you mean anything? Is that like a blanket kind of fatoil band. You've got so a burger nothing on a burger.
Speaker 15: On nothing, No sauce on soy, sauce on Jim Tims, nothing.
Speaker 3: Sauce no, no, no, no no, but you're missing out on so much extra flavor enhancement.
Speaker 15: Oh no, it's just just don't do it.
Speaker 3: No, sauces are pretty much what we're going for. Everything else is just a vessel to hold the sauce on top.
Speaker 4: Of, or to dip it into or lick off.
Speaker 12: Nah, it shouldn't be on it. It should be just all natural.
Speaker 4: Now, Lisa, have you tried sauces? Yeah? One?
Speaker 18: But yeah, oh I got flat earther on.
Speaker 4: The line, going back in, Lord Lisa, bye bye. You are a pie peerist.
Speaker 5: You're a pie flat earther with disregard disregard anything Lisa.
Speaker 4: Said, who I've never tried that again? Was horrendous. Guy Kevin, Good morning, Kevin.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian. Then the guys, how are you.
Speaker 5: Again, Keith RICHI, what are you racking on this? Where are you on the big pie debate of twenty two?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm going to take it to another level and iilate them told as well.
Speaker 16: Oh no, oh yeah, I travel a lot with my work and if.
Speaker 2: One cares about the backstory Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Here's the pitch. We've even googled. This pie does not exist, and I don't know why. Jack, you picking up here, you start to speculate about why doesn't this pie exist?
Speaker 3: All the pie chat has made us hungry in the studio, and we're saying it's such a shame that you can't really have a pie for breakfast. It's more of a lunchtime or snack type food. A breakfast pie is a great idea, though, imagine like a scrambled eggs, chopped up bacon onion.
Speaker 4: Would you put slag in their chopped up as well? Slic a different option, like, yeah, I thought we're going fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: We're not doing a full English breakfast.
Speaker 4: Already broke up. We don't even have one pison together.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have a sausage Baker Christians Pie, Jack's breakfast pie, rigal pies.
Speaker 4: Who will win?
Speaker 3: But do they exist? Is there any bakries doing the breakfast pie? Or have we stumbled on something brand new?
Speaker 5: I think it's a great idea because for the busy executive and busy business person it has not tied to sit down, have a big old breakfast. Put it all in a pie with a delicious pastry casing.
Speaker 3: Even radio announcers, we can't be clanking away with a knife and fork clank, clank, clank. We need something easy to eat on the go, like a breakfast pie.
Speaker 4: When is the pie a meal? When it's a breakfast pie.
Speaker 5: All we need to do then is get a really good chef who can make this for us, and then we can test it to see if this is something to take to market.
Speaker 4: I believe as they say.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, bring it to the world, but yeah, take it to my Wow week.
Speaker 4: We're going global. This guy's a dreamer. This would you have a breakfast pie? Patty?
Speaker 5: Hello? Yeah, sorry, you were going to staring out at the windows.
Speaker 3: Just a rhetorical question to the world.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying into the darkness and I thought you were going to open pat We're all alone.
Speaker 6: Absolutely I would if it had baking in it.
Speaker 3: I don't know about the lag.
Speaker 4: The lag I told you before four years ago. Shot shot on the gaps, Patsy.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: It's a very I just looked out the window. It is a really dark looking day today. Isn't it perfect weather to be talking about pie Chack And I just been wondering, out of all the great pies are available, why actually isn't there a breakfast pie.
Speaker 3: I'm hungry for one right now.
Speaker 5: I would I could easily Yeah, breakfast pie. Alan from camera here, proud to be a pie Heathen. No sauce for you Christian Christian. There was a shop in Penshurst, which is I think Grampians that made the most amazing pies chicken Kiev buttered chicken, beef and pepper bacon, bush Ranger which is beef ac and onion. That sounds great. So many more combos. They keep asking every time if we want sauce. Sacrileges to spot all these flavors with sauce in this case, I'm definitely a pie purist.
Speaker 4: Mandy.
Speaker 5: That place sounds amazing. Do recommend any places that you say serve at maids and pies.
Speaker 4: I'm not seeing a lot of places do.
Speaker 3: In these breakfast pies, we need bacon and egg in there.
Speaker 4: Yes, what about an omelet pie? Christian? Why don't you make one of those? That's what you make.
Speaker 5: You make the omelet and then wrap it in pastry and put it in the oven. I don't think that's the right way to do it. That sounds that I love an omelet, but I don't think that's the right one.
Speaker 4: Leslie.
Speaker 7: Ah, Christian, Hi, guys.
Speaker 6: Him, Leslie.
Speaker 4: Hello, let's see breakfast pie.
Speaker 7: Breakfast pie on the corner of Turna Road and Shaws Road in where it be there's a bakery and they have a break breakfast pie. Egg is bacon and I'm pretty sure trees on top?
Speaker 16: And is it good's delicious?
Speaker 4: Okay, Wow, we have to get pat to the true bring one in for ordering. Yeah, ok, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: She heard that, bit uh, I said a tune in. Sometimes you put the podcast down catching up with carry still to mention that hospital a brand new Jeff, Good morning, good morning, Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: What do you reckon breakfast pie?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I turn around, you say four at once for the four and twenty bacon and egg pie, And yes, I did have to talk four and twenty.
Speaker 3: Did a bake in the egg pie? Did they?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 17: I did.
Speaker 18: They were absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 4: Why do they do that anymore? That sounds lovely?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I haven't seen it for a few months, but yeah, but.
Speaker 11: I just love tomato.
Speaker 3: You probably ate them all, Jeff, Well, I love good pie.
Speaker 4: All right, Jeff, thank you very much. Give us a call. Okay, just checking. Was he just calling to seeing what's that for right now?
Speaker 5: I just was just clear about what we actually lovely to catch up with, Jeff, But name me good morning.
Speaker 20: Good morning. There's a company in Ballarat called Oggie's Pasties and they make a breakfast a big breakfast party, and it's bacon and trizo mushrooms, eggs, baked beans and tomato.
Speaker 5: They are two very very different things.
Speaker 4: That's like you let me finish difference between a tent and a house.
Speaker 20: No, no, no, no, it's a pastry society.
Speaker 4: No, it's not. It's not all the same.
Speaker 5: It lacks the formal structuralism of a classic, strong.
Speaker 3: Funny halfmoon shape. They're going forward the past like that.
Speaker 20: It's just like a partle of goodness all wrapped up together.
Speaker 4: That's that something medieval, you know. There's eating out your hands. We moved on, society has moved on. We flanned all.
Speaker 5: We had a nice strong structure of roofletie, thank you very.
Speaker 4: Much and coolm I have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We are moving on from pies. Almost don't feel short changed.
Speaker 5: I watch a solid hour of pie chat, eat that other shows.
Speaker 4: I say, a solid hour of pie chat. Who could want more?
Speaker 5: In the morning, I get a feeling though you have got more to say about it. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com. Are you because then we can come into part two tomorrow. Go to a deep, deep pie dive.
Speaker 4: Right now, though, we.
Speaker 5: Want to talk about freebies. Kitlin not producers coming today, very excited about she might actually get a free chicken from Cole's. And she told me it was due to the chicken policy, which I am not familiar with.
Speaker 4: The chicken who has a chicken policy.
Speaker 3: She's so giddy about the free chickens.
Speaker 5: If we give it into studio when I just shouted out, hey, why do you get a free chicken? And she actually jogged into here said this can't wait a single second to give my witness testimony.
Speaker 4: Hear me, So you need to hear this.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear it until you get you hear it as well, Kaitlyn, how did you get a free chicken?
Speaker 21: So I was standing in front of the chickens and there were no chickens in there. And I looked down and it said our policy and I read it and it said if we do not have any chickens in the chicken warmer, we will give you a free one next time. So I said to the lady, hey, there's no chickens in here. Are there any more chickens?
Speaker 4: So she said a little bit aggressive.
Speaker 5: Isn't it like it's her fault? There's no chickens in it? Was this at the end of the day, No.
Speaker 21: This was at mid day. This was lunch chickal problem.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 21: So I said to her, is there any chickens coming? And she said, let me check. Asked the lady came back said twenty minutes. I'm so sorry, I said, that's all right.
Speaker 4: What's that twenty minutes covering? What are they doing? They cook them out the back or waiting for fresh delivery?
Speaker 21: You know they're cooking them. They caught them there, so it's on them.
Speaker 3: So I don't think she's.
Speaker 5: It's got the ombudsman in front of them. It's on you rectify this. I wonder what we're going to do about how.
Speaker 3: To look at the fine print?
Speaker 4: Come round here, come round here, you read this? So what did you do for twenty minutes?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 21: So I had to do my shopping anyway because it was right at the start. So I said, that's fine, I'll come back. But your policy.
Speaker 5: Says you're going to wipe their house with that chicken and go here. It is a bit about the extra tang on top.
Speaker 4: You circle back.
Speaker 5: In twenty minutes. Did you go back at exactly twenty minutes? Would you try and make it like it's no big in twenty four minutes?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did that. Then I awkwardly had to wait.
Speaker 21: There and say the lady, there's heats a genzy, but I came before and there weren't any and your policy and so she goes, who'd you speak to and I said, oh, the lady over there, and she goes, I Can'll be back. Came back with a voucher and so I had to walk up with a voucher to the front and scan it.
Speaker 3: And I'm got a free chick.
Speaker 5: I'm going to try that this weekend and go. I came here the other day, no chickens.
Speaker 4: I spoke to Marie. It's always called Marie that works those places. Spoke to Marie. I think she only does two days a week. What a great scam? All right?
Speaker 5: Particia Katelin got a free chicken because the Chicken policy it says here anytime you have to say out there to another, well, it says here in fine print, what did you manage to get for free?
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Last week on the show, young Jack posts. He very emotional what he said. It's one of his dreams a bucket lis really to take on a pig in a race. And I said, hey, grinder more Jackie boy, thank.
Speaker 4: You, mister Chrisig.
Speaker 5: If you can make this, and that is what I'm trying to do, like a young boy, an innocent young man make his dream come true of racing a piggy this Friday.
Speaker 4: I've got the pigs. You know, Jack's Jack was out there yesterday. There's a beastly day.
Speaker 5: Yesterday Jack was out there training to race this pig Friday.
Speaker 3: I actually can't believe this. I've blaced up the shoes heading out the front door and it's raining. Is anybody in this country more committed to the radio show than me? I don't think.
Speaker 4: So let's go.
Speaker 3: I'm running in the rain, and I feel like, did Rockie ever run in the rain? Christian play the Rocky theme music? Yeah, that sounds good, assuming you did play it. Running way too close to lunch, it's coming up.
Speaker 22: I'm good, he's good, he's good.
Speaker 5: That windy weather out there. That is a dedicated athlete. Get rich of race and peae bye bye mate. See lovely to have that at the end there. So Jack is training out there in all weather conditions. At the moment, the pigs are also training as well.
Speaker 19: Xavier the pig Man, get I Christian and save you here just sort I let you know. We've had a pretty big weekday at the pig far I'm ready for our pig race on Friday. I've also done a little bit of Instagram research on Jack, and I can see by the looks of him that he skipped leg day on a few occasions, so that's not going to do him any favors. The pigs are airing to go. I'll pick down a selection so you know they're super fast, ready to rock and roll, and I think we'll blow Jack's doors or looking.
Speaker 4: Forward thy mate.
Speaker 11: Here, we're still in.
Speaker 19: Need of a paddic to run these pizzer and run the race through. So if anyone's around the Melbourne area that's got a paddock that we can use and set up a race track, yell out and let's get this race happening. Cheers mate, I'll see you for an eight.
Speaker 4: I knew that would hurt. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do have skinny legs, but they're like I tightly wound spring because els, yes, because elles have very thin legs. Look at them.
Speaker 4: Go middle distance runners don't have big chunky thighs.
Speaker 3: She would slow them down and around players horses. Look at the lower half.
Speaker 5: Horse, God, what a beautiful, shapely calf on a pony. Now, big money, big money is coming in good Ay Christian.
Speaker 23: My name Sean, I'm from sports bet our CEO. He's heard about the Jacks versus Pig race, and he called me up yesterday to see if I had any info on it. Now, I think he was looking to try and back the pig, and you know her can blame him, mate. I was just wondering what sort of conditions the race will be run under. You know, how long will there be any jumps involved? Is it on grass? Just the usual sort of stuff, mate. Now I know our pig racing traders. They're very impressed with the pedigree of Zavy's pig. I'm pretty sure the pig's going to be favorite against Jack. But any other information you've got would be would be really greaty, so I can go back Jeez and go the pig.
Speaker 4: Well, Nook, this is all great.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: However, we got the pigs, we got Jack. We don't have a venue.
Speaker 5: It needs to happen this Friday, but we asked for a venue yesterday somewhere with a paddy. That's all Weinny, because it isn't going to race more than one hundred meters.
Speaker 3: That's right. And now the race is at one hundred meters, so you just need one hundred meters stretch of paddock somewhere that doesn't take too long to get to kind of a two hour drive out into the bush.
Speaker 4: No, all right, so listen, we got fifty minutes.
Speaker 5: If we don't get a venue by nine o'clock this morning, it is over. And just understand what is over? A young man's dream to race a pig. Do you want to get in the way of a young man's dream?
Speaker 4: Are you a dream killer? Please ask with your.
Speaker 5: Friends right now, text them do they have a paddoc that we can borrow for no more than half an hour to race a feudal of piggy wiggies come Friday at eight. I reckon the world needs to see this race jack versus a pig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's not just me I'm doing it. I'm representing the humans. Is a pig faster than a man? Or is a man faster than a pig? Who's conducting the experiment where I am racing for all of human kind?
Speaker 4: On behalf of humans?
Speaker 3: Thank you for doing this for us and the moment as you can hear where the underdogs, so get humans?
Speaker 4: Come on back to humans? All right? Do you have a paddock?
Speaker 5: Do you know someone that does have a paddot that we can use Friday for the pig versus Jack race.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 16: Yeah bye, by Dream.
Speaker 4: I havn't got times he can say what that song was or what the station's called.
Speaker 5: There's no time for formalatees forty four minutes to say the pig race. Jack Post wants to race a pig. We have the pigs. The pigs are training. Jack Post is training in knee soap. And Friday, we don't find a venue by nine o'clock, we're going to have to move on. You've killed a young boy's dream. Please don't be a dream killer.
Speaker 4: Destiny is calling us. It's calling us, all right.
Speaker 5: So we just need a paddock that Jackie Boy can program into the tesla that will take him to the venue for the pig race come Friday at eight. And obviously, because he's got a tesla, you know he's gonna be carefable. We can't have it conking out on the way to the pig race, which is why we've got to keep it within a radius.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if we're going to do it live on the show, it can't be gone or show.
Speaker 5: Let's not start worrying about the sort of stuff. We talk about boring.
Speaker 4: Keep that curtain pulled tight. Never let appear in here to see the odds. All right, this guy? Uh, Misty, Hello, Misty, have you got a pad it to say? The pig race?
Speaker 20: I do?
Speaker 4: Where are you?
Speaker 13: We're out in the digger's rest.
Speaker 12: It's like just on the edge of Sumbury.
Speaker 4: So how far do you reckon from Richmond? Jackie? What you've got Google Maps up? What's the destination?
Speaker 3: Maybe an hour? What do you reckon? Missy?
Speaker 9: I do the Uber eight straoridery so I can get around the city a bit, probably forty five minutes maximum.
Speaker 5: Maybe getting left with an uber driving the back of one of those little mopeds. I mean, they don't worry about red lights or anything like that.
Speaker 4: They get him out of there.
Speaker 15: Unfortunately, unfortunately today and so noticqu Misty.
Speaker 3: How's the terrain? A good, nice flat grass?
Speaker 11: I checked my horses, so got it all right?
Speaker 4: Mister.
Speaker 5: We'll let you go breaking up a bit there, but thanks for trying to save the pig race. Carl, Good morning, day morning, Okay, Carl, where's the paddock mate that we could be using? Friday carack keys bro Probably about forty five minutes fifteen minutes from here.
Speaker 4: That's an option. Is this your paddical one you've just seen.
Speaker 9: That's married Norse.
Speaker 3: You don't know yet, right, Tellor of quarter Weight Friday, A busy Friday morning.
Speaker 5: You're starting a car. Get those pigs out quick it kicks off. I'm not sure we're getting closer. This happening on further a wager quickly we got here on the line, Rich, Good.
Speaker 16: Morning, Rich, Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good Rich? So could you save the pig race?
Speaker 16: Might be able to I've got a few paddicks. I got nine or ten. I think you've.
Speaker 4: Got nine to ten pound one?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who are you? Mister panic?
Speaker 16: I am mister Peddick. We're in I'm in Eversad that we call him.
Speaker 4: My children sap were just ten minutes away.
Speaker 16: Ten minutes. You're in Richmond, aren't you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Do you reckon that? Tesla is going to get concourt extension?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 3: So easy? So will they be racing at the children's farm?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I think we can spare one of the out of paddicks for you.
Speaker 3: This is perfect.
Speaker 5: So you've got some of those children's farms they've got like the indoor barns where you can feed a go.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we do. You can't feed to go you can walk into one of the pins and pad.
Speaker 11: The little goats.
Speaker 16: Yeah, but we're not taking you, guys anywhere near that. We're going to put you out of you. I think we've got a very nice scenic paddictes down along the Benk.
Speaker 4: Beautiful morning train and wind coming in.
Speaker 16: We might be able to sense you off from the general population, I think kids and set up a little racetrack for you.
Speaker 4: Great, So can we really do the pig race at yours Friday?
Speaker 16: Look, I'll it's fine by me. I'll have a little chat to the animals team and check it's all okay with them. But yeah, I reckon, we can do it. We can do it.
Speaker 4: You're a good man. So is Colinwood Children's Farm.
Speaker 16: Colin Wood Children's Simon episode. Yeah we can do it.
Speaker 4: Awesome, good man.
Speaker 16: When it's Friday, I am Friday.
Speaker 4: Eight am. Yes, I'm going to deal with muggles. It's Friday atm is it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Thanks, rach I love.
Speaker 5: My favorite children's farm in Victoria is Collinwood Children's Farms, and mister be there.
Speaker 4: So eight am Friday.
Speaker 16: Will be there. I'll see you guys there.
Speaker 4: Rich you're good man. Thank you very much for saving the pig race.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 4: So it is on Colin Brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the question you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Wow, your grandchildren will say to you were you there?
Speaker 5: Were you listening to the radio when they confirmed a venue for man versus Pig?
Speaker 4: What was that like? Grandpa?
Speaker 5: Colinwood Children's Farm a perfect venue for this? I didn't realize quite a few emails what an institution Collingwood Children's Farm is like. It's quite a Perry works on the show Got married there?
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember great childhood excursions to the children farm.
Speaker 4: Do you ever feed a goat?
Speaker 3: You can't feed the animals there? Why you can just look?
Speaker 5: Ah, the old children's farm we used to set the kids do back in the UK. You gave them next to cut the quid. They don't you feed the goats? Oh, it's at the joint feeding a goat.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you come down on Friday, I'm sure they'll let you.
Speaker 4: Lucky. What a lovely tree? And are you now?
Speaker 19: So?
Speaker 4: Are you going to take the seriously? I know you are out training yesterday. It is on.
Speaker 3: Of course, we only need to go as far back as the chess game where I beat a ten year old at chess.
Speaker 4: I still see him saying, let's never bring that up.
Speaker 5: No, it's not a nice story that it has good feelings about you laughing at the face of it Toonian boys start to cry.
Speaker 3: I'm not holding back for any good will of the radio like a haha, the guy and the radio lost. I'll be giving it everything. And I know there's doubt everywhere that I can beat a pig, and that is just fueling me even more.
Speaker 4: Mate, I'm gonna be honest. He's very listen. He's pointing a big biro at the moment.
Speaker 5: That's all great athletes too. God Shall needs to do that when he was riled out down me. Guys, get my big pens.
Speaker 3: My closest friends are listening this morning, and they even doubt that I can beat a pig. They said, I hope so, but I don't think so. I remember that pig that went on the ground to tease Plugger. That pig was very fast. That's true, that pig really bolted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the reason why he's racing a pig, by the way, I should just say like last week on the show we were talking about I don't even know how we got into it, but anyway, we found out that the pig can run a mile in under seven minutes, and I thought this is a pretty remarkable fact. And Jack just went straight away I would beat a pig in a race, which is why we find ourself in this position where there is going to be pig racing on Friday show at eight am.
Speaker 1: So get ready the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: So it's confirmed there will be Jack versus Pig eight am Friday. Race venue the MCG of the pig racing world is Colinwood Children's Farm. I should just say yesterday a producer Tom called me to give me a pig update. He's spoken to the pig trainer Xavier. I said, look, I just need to Christians needs to know what it's going to sound like come Friday.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 4: Pigs apparently went when they run mad noise right because they get excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's not a noise like I've heard it focus. It's not you, it's not oiking, it's Tom said, it's a high pitched squealing that some people can find very unsettling. So you need to be ready that they will squeal as they chase you.
Speaker 3: Should I be wearing em I don't want it to pull me off.
Speaker 5: Well, you just need to be ready. They really squeal. It's a hell of a noise.
Speaker 4: So is that pig's racing you. It's going to be squealing as.
Speaker 5: Well, so you'll need to have the eye of the tiger to focus. My plan B was also going to be was to find out whether or not if we couldn't find a venue. I was and see if we can have it here in the office.
Speaker 3: Nice, yes, right, we could just run around, but we've got we've.
Speaker 5: Got over one hundred meters from this part where we are into Kiss FM down there.
Speaker 4: What's better than letting a loose running down there?
Speaker 3: Then just leave it running around?
Speaker 5: Mentioned this to Sue the boss yesterday. We must like dread want to go, Hey, I'm I need to ask a big favor. If we can't find a pig thing, can.
Speaker 4: We race it? She went, And you're going to ask in the office.
Speaker 5: In the office, we've got the distance, and she said, don't they defecate when they run?
Speaker 4: How would you know that? As a radio boss? I said, we can put plastic matting down anywhere. We don't need to worry about this.
Speaker 3: Trying to warn me that they will eat me. I'm terrified.
Speaker 6: I don't know that's going to make run a bit quicker if you know, lose. So I'm worried about Jack's safety to be honest.
Speaker 4: But think of the ratings up to him. We commit to make this shut work. Say he loses a leg.
Speaker 5: Alrighty, Today is National Cheese Day. Who knew that tracking technology is now being placed while they're having cars in the kind of parmesan cheese. In an effort to fight back against cheese fraud, the Parmesiano Reggiano Consortium claims that fraudling the fraudulent cheese market is worth over two billion dollars. What does that mean? Fraudulent parmesan? You know, parmesan is so expensive. Some places are selling stuff that it isn't counterfeit.
Speaker 4: They put digital.
Speaker 5: Chip tracing toonology to insure only parmesan from the region is sold under its name.
Speaker 4: This is amazing. So today we're looking for your cheese bands.
Speaker 5: All right, cheese bands on stage at cheese Fest or should I say from age Fest.
Speaker 3: Very Italian of you.
Speaker 4: It's French. Hey, your thing's pig racing, okay, but.
Speaker 3: You're getting closer to friends obviously, Italy you're just a stone stroll.
Speaker 4: Let's chocolate up to that boy.
Speaker 3: Some edges, some people say on the edge of Italian.
Speaker 5: If you went to Tafe, that's where you think it is, alright, Cheese man from Ours Fest Live in Italy, The bree fifty two's gold, mold play silver. Oh, a lovely and an elderly crooner's coming on stage now?
Speaker 4: Where is Camonbert Bacarac.
Speaker 5: Camonbert Baccarac, Silver, black eyed cheese gold, bossan two men Bossanne to men silver.
Speaker 4: Beautiful creamy cheese, that garlic and herb why not.
Speaker 5: Madam Monterey Jackson five bronze, get out of it's a great.
Speaker 4: Cheddar red hot cheddar peppers forget.
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 4: What have you got at from age Fest?
Speaker 3: The Grateful Chad that's good.
Speaker 5: That's gold, The Grateful Chad, very good, jack Swissy Higgins.
Speaker 3: Another gold, The Caeso Chiefs.
Speaker 4: That is high level.
Speaker 3: That's what they call cheese in Spain.
Speaker 4: Got the right country this time? Well done gold.
Speaker 3: And finally on stage and the cheese first is the blue cheese man group.
Speaker 4: Not group?
Speaker 3: Is that the one you were going to play?
Speaker 5: Actually he actually, Patsy asked producer Real. I didn't know what it was going to just quickly group play instruments.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure they drums play drums.
Speaker 4: No grade.
Speaker 5: You won three golds, then, all right, what have you got your cheese bands?
Speaker 4: Please text it to us.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Cheese bands is the time wasted today? Chackie boy, you're ready to mark?
Speaker 5: Philly Connins Civil plus, Ricotta Martin Silver.
Speaker 3: And the Briefish Civil plus.
Speaker 5: Steve Fleetwood, Mac and Cheese, Nick Cave and the Bad Cheese Gold. That's very good, Anthony Cheese trick, so a cheap trick, Silver, Gouda Charlotte Gold Clever, very good, Phil, nicely done, dam.
Speaker 3: And the Ants Gold plus.
Speaker 5: Very smart, John Duncan, Lou Bager and Mozzarella Number.
Speaker 4: Five Bronze Cory. I liked it a mental as anything.
Speaker 3: I just got it. Sorry, Baker is the brand of.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right, Yes, Gold Well Non for being big enough, Kid.
Speaker 22: Rock four Silverfflin, Monkey Boy, Kraft Punk Gold, very good, Uncle Cracker Barrel Gold Uncle.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Uncle Cracker.
Speaker 3: That's Jamie Uncle Cracker song should be on your formal playlist.
Speaker 17: Why are you good?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 5: The Tasty Boys, brom Melton, John Gold, that's very good, Aired Notorious Brie Eye g Gold and Matt Eddie Cheddar Gold straight out the seancele scene Eddie Cheddar Mike, that's very good.
Speaker 4: Parmer Van Morrison Gold, that's great.
Speaker 5: That's already took me one on, Sam and Ossie favorite John Parmesan Gold. Yeah, these are great, well done everybody, thank you very much. All right, so the pig race is on tomorrow already, though, Patsy, there have been some nerves and wobbles.
Speaker 4: Some salaries show nothing but iron confidence. So far.
Speaker 3: Rio is getting into my ear, Patsy about the takeoff, like what if your laces.
Speaker 4: Are told that?
Speaker 5: By the way, in a in a sports race, I don't think it's called the takeoff?
Speaker 4: Is that bit? The starting block?
Speaker 6: The war, out of the blocks, out of the Oh we need to get you one of those sprinter block themes that they do.
Speaker 4: I'm now worried, Patsy.
Speaker 5: We do us a favor today, right, I know you have any in a Bureau Meteorology bomb?
Speaker 4: Can you the report yeah, tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: I want to hear what what the race predictions are Friday morning?
Speaker 4: HM, in the Collingwood area.
Speaker 3: On the way the wind's going, because I don't want to run into the weight, go duck under it and it'll be like a big sail running in towards it.
Speaker 6: Well, it could be a slow track because it'll be a wet, wet underfoot.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what I thinking you might need to Like in Formula one, the where they changed the ties, I wouldn't be running in training.
Speaker 4: So I think it studs to dig in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're right. What if the if the pick takes off early, do we is that disqualification because how does he know when to.
Speaker 5: I think we're going to need to get a starting pestol by the way, So so it's face.
Speaker 6: Rap right the heck out of the animal.
Speaker 4: Animals are tough as anything. He's squealing.
Speaker 6: Slap him on the bottom.
Speaker 4: Now, real, what are you concerned about? What did you say to Jack earlier?
Speaker 8: I'm very worried about the start. With Jack launching out of the blocks, he could very easily fall on his face. He could stumble, He could get the first few steps stumble into the mud.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to do that. But you know, like a baby giraffe, you're very tall.
Speaker 4: I don't know if.
Speaker 3: Actually have in Africa saying giraffes run and it's majestic, not baby giraffes. Yes, the baby.
Speaker 4: Are you going to invite your son?
Speaker 3: I want Pi Anchor and Gordon to be there so that I can't make to see your CHaGS beat.
Speaker 4: An animal in a foot race is a pivot in a moment. He'll always remember that, he will.
Speaker 3: But then when he comes across hard times in his life, he'll go, but remember that time, my dad in the mud. What I can do this? You're formative memory of you is losing to appear.
Speaker 4: It's so so deep, so many questions.
Speaker 5: Only time will do owt Friday morning, a team tomorrow on the show. Then what we are going to need is a starter's pistol yep, all right. And the other thing is fencers. We've been given a quote. This pig will have to control his race. He's going to be inside a kind of narrow alleyway like one hundred meters, so when he two hundred meters are fencing. Tom the producer, was quoted yesterday by a local fencing company sixteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Now I don't remember they hear radio show.
Speaker 5: They get an old special BS tariff oul radio show.
Speaker 4: We have a special tariff hey for them?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: So fences?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so for two hundred meters of temporary fencing, can anyone do us a cheaper quote?
Speaker 4: Tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Wink wink cash, wink wink. Mates rates on the radio. Okay, fencing starting pistol? What else do we need?
Speaker 3: Commentator?
Speaker 4: That's it, we need a commentator.
Speaker 5: I can't believe you want me to actually ask TOMA producers to call Bruce mcaveny.
Speaker 3: That's what I haven't seen the weather. That's why I think you go.
Speaker 5: To Hollywood Chiltern's farm in this weather, standing in a freezing field to commentate on a pig racing a man.
Speaker 3: At least call you can only all right, you're.
Speaker 4: Que okay, we will make the call today.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast