Speaker 1: A good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 2: Brady, your worth, our windows done, My world risen the dust only good babsug all down.
Speaker 3: I don't much, but yeah I'm not. I'll biget and what I want.
Speaker 1: It don't matter where. This is the pickup.
Speaker 2: It's almost the weekend everyone, It's the pickup with Britt Hackley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the new fashion trend sweeping the world?
Speaker 2: Laura, I am so not into this that it makes me feel old, like I'm I don't get it. I'm not about it, and I wish I had one that I could share.
Speaker 1: It's the butt crack. The butt crack is back.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought that butt crack cleavage would become the new cleavage that people want to share. I'm not surprised, but I also am simultaneously. Did you see Zoey Kravitz at the Oscars after party? She's got like a bedazzled window of butt crack.
Speaker 1: I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 4: I think I love her and she barely steps a foot wrong. I do not need to see your entire butt crack in that beautiful dress. But then at Paris and Milan fashion weeks the butt crack has been the feature so like, there was an entire fashion show where the jeans, every pair of pants and skirt was like halfway down the butt.
Speaker 1: The butt was the feature.
Speaker 2: The butt crack the thing is, though, it's like, why is it so like? Obviously cleavage has been like a fashion it's an unavoidable thing that women have, but it's also been a feature of fashion for a long time.
Speaker 3: When did we pivot? When did someone sit down and go, do you know what?
Speaker 2: There's a new cleavage that's going to be in town. And it's not the plumber's crack. It is the butt cleavage about it. This is not even buck This is like three quarters butt like it's I mean from the top.
Speaker 4: It's not the pikaboo. It's not like, oh what's there, it's the whole It's literally the whole butt crack.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: I mean, to be fair, I think I'm just saying this because I'm jealous because everyone who's doing it it looks great on them. It really does. And if I did it, you'd be like if you will be so flat and sad, and I would probably get some sort of like hay which are irresponsible workplace outfit, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I'm appreciate to do what you want.
Speaker 4: But I would die of hysterics if you walked in in that dress and you had a cut out window of your whole butt. I would be like, someone check her in. Something has gone amiss.
Speaker 3: Something is Laura had a big weekend.
Speaker 1: Talking about big weekends.
Speaker 4: My fiance Ben, I recently discovered, is having his Bucks party this weekend.
Speaker 2: For me. The fact that you're just finding out screens, alarm bells, I know.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you about it after the break. So you know, Laura, most of you in the car might know. But I am getting married in a few months time.
Speaker 3: Getting married.
Speaker 4: I'm getting married. Yes, beyond dancing with the stars. Yes, your husband was in the jungle.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I have had my hens planned since like January.
Speaker 2: You have had your hands organized and more organized than your actual wedding is organized.
Speaker 4: I would say the wedding's not finished. I haven't finished planning it yet, but the hens is locked and loaded. I did that early, and I said it. Ben my fiance, on the other hand, he lives over in Italy wear long distance, and I have been hounding him to get his shit together and get organized for a multitude of reasons. For the wedding, he hasn't picked suits, there's a lot of stuff. But I was like, look, you need to organize your Bucks party at least lock in the weekend so that people can come and get ready for it. And so my sister and her husband live over in Europe as well, and they were messaging me last night and they were saying, Hey, can you get Ben to hurry up and lock in their Bucks because we all need.
Speaker 1: To book flights to get there.
Speaker 4: So I messaged Ben and I said, Ben, you need to get it together. Pick a weekend for this Bux, lock it in so everyone can book their flights, because it's not fair that, like the prices are creeping up for airlines.
Speaker 3: And also people just need notice.
Speaker 2: People can't just leave their families, their jobs and everything to do a Bucks party in another country.
Speaker 1: He's so disorganized. So anyway, this was last night.
Speaker 4: This morning, I'm talking to him on the way to work and he's like, ah.
Speaker 1: Well, your little plan didn't work, Brittany.
Speaker 4: And I was like what And he's like the plan And I was like, I was like, Ben, what plan? I was like, Babe, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: He's like, he's like, I figured it out, don't you worry.
Speaker 4: And I'm genuinely at this point, I'm like, baby, I don't know what you figured out.
Speaker 1: I was like, you need to help me out here.
Speaker 4: And he's like, well, you've obviously tried to throw a spanner in the works and trick me. And I was like, tell me what you're I was like, I don't know what you're talking about. He's like, my bucks. I said, what about it? He's like this weekend. I was like, what tomorrow? And he said, yeah, my bucks is tomorrow. And you're obviously trying to throw me off the scent and I was like, babe, I hate to break it to you.
Speaker 1: Your bucks isn't tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But also the fact that he thinks you've organized his bucks. Yeah, was happy and.
Speaker 1: I was like, baby, your bucks isn't tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was literally speaking to Jay last night, like no one knows when it is. He still was adamant. He's like, no, no, no, it is. They've told me. I need to be ready. Anyway, long story short, I have a planned mine for four months in advance. When I messaged Ben and said you need to get your sh together. He messaged his groomsman and said, hey, Britt said, we need to get a hustle on. So they organized a Bucks in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Good on them, though, it just means they're going to go and sit in a pub somewhere.
Speaker 3: Or maybe a strip somewhere. Yeah, cute. I don't think it's a pars. I don't know how. I don't know how much you could organize.
Speaker 2: At least, maybe you don't have to feel as threatened because like I don't know how much they could organize in that shorter period of time.
Speaker 1: Well, it's probably a good thing, right, But.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna go on a super yoch. Are they gonna have strippers? Like?
Speaker 3: What are they gonna do? Do you know if he's having strippers at his Bucks?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want to know? Do you want to know?
Speaker 3: You want to know, You want to at least be prepared.
Speaker 2: You want them to have communicated with you what's happening, But you don't want to know specific details.
Speaker 4: I almost think I want to know after the fact, I almost want to like plead ignorance.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: I know he'll be responsible and respectable to an extent, tell me after, because I think if I know that he's going to go to like strip clubs and stuff, but I don't that Ben's not.
Speaker 3: Like that Matt told me.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking back now, Matt told me they didn't have stri but I do question whether they did or they did it.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he told me the truth.
Speaker 1: I don't reckon he would have told you the truth, But.
Speaker 3: Like, why lie about it?
Speaker 2: I'm not mad, Like I could not care if he had strippers or didn't have strippers, So it would be a weird thing.
Speaker 3: To lie about.
Speaker 1: But would you want to know before or after?
Speaker 3: Before?
Speaker 2: Before?
Speaker 4: But why then that whole night you're just going to be sitting at home thinking like does he have a boob in his ves?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't have a stripper at my hands, but I did have life drawing class at nine am. So we were staying at a lovely Airbnb and a man rocked up with some like painting easels and then he took.
Speaker 3: His pants off.
Speaker 1: It was very weird.
Speaker 3: I likekedtop at nine am.
Speaker 1: With like an English breakfast tea and there was.
Speaker 2: Like a and just a flast lighted man just there posing in different yeah and then talking about the right way to capture the light.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is going on here?
Speaker 4: It was weird, especially when he was like, do you want me to angle myself a bit differently so the light hits.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, nope, you're fine, We're good.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 2: Spread eagle is not what I need at nine am in the morning with my pancakes. I reckon, that's what Ben's doing. He's gonna have a really wholesome bucks.
Speaker 1: I thought he meant a life drawing. I was like, that's worse. I reckon, it will be wholesome.
Speaker 4: I reckon, They're going to go to a nice restaurant. They're probably just going to go and play some golf for something together. I don't know, maybe get massages, and.
Speaker 3: Then they're going to a titty bar. I think, dude, is.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk about something. I came across this couple's therapist. His name's Jonathan van Vegan. What a name, Jonathan van Vegan. He is quite vocal around different traits that he sees in his couples that who come in for therapy, hallmarks that usually indicate that the relationship is not going.
Speaker 3: To work out. Now.
Speaker 2: He created a piece of content that was about the seven phone traits that you should keep an eye out for, and if your partner starts doing these things, they could be indications that maybe they're not being completely faithful. And I would love to get your opinion on these, britt So this is what he thinks are all red flags. Number One, their phone is on do not disturb almost twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, okay, I've got it. Mine's on silent twenty four to seven. Do not disturb.
Speaker 3: It's a different kettle of fish, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you can notify anyway. I just did it to you when you're on the toilet.
Speaker 3: You did you did else?
Speaker 2: Trying to enjoy my poom piece in that break she was, I said, to produce a graes.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to message her see where she is. And I said, oh, do not disturb, and I went notify.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all right.
Speaker 2: Number two, they flip their phone face down whenever you're in the room.
Speaker 4: No, not the end of the world, because on its own could be seen as respectful. You've got my attention. I'm not gonna look at my phone. But combined with do not disturb and other things. Maybe so.
Speaker 2: I think that this one is a pretty telling sign to me anyway. And that was because when I was in a long term relationship with a guy who was cheating on me, he was so secretive about his phone. He would always have it face down. It didn't matter where we were or what we were doing. We could be like watching a movie, we could be out for dinner, wherever it was. I could never see the screen on his phone. He was so secretive with it. Number three. Their phone is always in their hand, like it's an emotional support.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's the red flag anymore because that's almost everyone.
Speaker 2: But like, they never leave it around the house, it's always on their body. They never leave it unattended. I think that's weird. Number four they forget to tell you that they've changed their password.
Speaker 3: Sorry, babe, I just changed it.
Speaker 1: Not weird.
Speaker 4: I don't think you need to tell your partner that you change password. I'm not sold on this therapist yet.
Speaker 2: Number five they get weirdly defensive when you casually ask who's that on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's fair. You shouldn't be defensive.
Speaker 3: Here's a questionable one.
Speaker 2: Their phone's war paper includes the kids, but you are nowhere in sight.
Speaker 4: Mate, this Van Vegan, it's a bit of a stretch. Like if you've got your kids, you're allowed to have them on your phone. That's true, but like you could also have your partner on there from time to time. Maybe they're trying to pretend that this single is what.
Speaker 3: He's saying, Kip.
Speaker 1: But also maybe they're a proud parent but.
Speaker 3: Not proud husband or wife. Yeah, exactly, okay.
Speaker 2: And number seven they text with their phone tilted away from you, like they're hiding a nuclear launch code, so they never text that you can see what's on screen, or maybe they're a one of those privacy screens that you can't see.
Speaker 4: Well, no, because then you don't need to lean away. True privacy screens are amazing. Actually, it's so easy to cheat these days. I'm not saying that, but like the cheating ten years ago was hard because you could get caught so easily, but now there's so many like things that help you cheat.
Speaker 1: I don't know about Van Vegen.
Speaker 4: I reckon that these things individually they're not alarm bells.
Speaker 3: No, I agree.
Speaker 4: If your partner's doing all of them, then yeah, I would be like, Okay, there is something very secretive on that phone.
Speaker 2: So he went on to say that privacy in a relationship means respect. However, secrecy means that you're hiding something.
Speaker 3: When I read somebody.
Speaker 1: This mean should be winning award means hiding something.
Speaker 2: When I read through this, I was like, individually, some of these things could seem really petty, and you could seem really crazy to raise them to your partner as issues that you have around their like secrecy with their phone use. But if you're in a relationship where someone's doing lots of these things and being super weird about you ever, like touching their phone or being near their phone, then I think that sometimes it does pertain that, not necessarily that they're cheating, but just that they might not be being completely honest with who they're speaking to on their phone.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're proposing, maybe they've got some stuff on your phone.
Speaker 3: That's what happened to me.
Speaker 1: I know, Laura, and you haven't learned from that.
Speaker 2: No, Well, to be fair, I've never looked at Matt's phone and suspected that he was cheating on me, So I think I have. But when Matt was planning on proposing to me. He had put photos of diamonds that he was looking at and choosing between into a photo vault on his phone. And so this one day he was showing me something on his phone and then he flicked past a photovolt and I was like, well, that's new.
Speaker 3: Why have you got that on your phone?
Speaker 2: And I also had come from a relationship where, you know, my ex had had a photo vault on his phone and it was filled with photos of girls that he had been with, you know, while he cheated on me. So like I was a photo vault triggered me bad, and Matt was like, it's nothing, I'm not showing you.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we had a bit.
Speaker 4: Of a fight about it, and it didn't even spring to mind that it might be a proposal.
Speaker 3: Never not one positive thing sprung to mind.
Speaker 2: I only thought he was doing the dirty And anyway, his sister pulled me aside and was like, Matt is trying to do something nice for you and you were ruining it.
Speaker 1: Yes, like pull your head in.
Speaker 2: So what we're taking from this is don't take my advice or van vegans.
Speaker 1: And it is time for our little wins of the week. Thanks to Chemist warehouse.
Speaker 4: All you had to do was call up and tell us what your small win of the week was for your chance to win five hundred dollars. And we have three callers on the line.
Speaker 2: We're going to kick start with Eric, what's your little winn of the week? A little wind on the week was on the weekend having bacon eggs at home cooked crack an egg and was met with a double yoka. He's the most aussy thing I've ever heard, a double yogo, a double.
Speaker 3: Yoka double winning mates two and one?
Speaker 1: I think, isn't that supposed to be good lucker? Are we just making that up or not? For the well the chicken was dead anyway? Oh no, it was not dead.
Speaker 3: Actually sorry, thanks Eric, Emma. What's your little winn of the week?
Speaker 1: Hi, guys. My win is that I've finally printed ten years worth of photos.
Speaker 3: And hung them in my house.
Speaker 2: Ten years worth of photo That sounds like something I need to do. You know how you keep them all on your phone for so long, and you always think, one day I'll get myself to office works, one day I'll go and sit at that chaosk and print.
Speaker 3: Them all out, and you just never do it.
Speaker 1: You might end up like me though. Remember I printed those three photos of my shrine on my wall and they came in the wrong sizes, and then like really mini photos that I've hung up on one huge wall looks ridiculous.
Speaker 2: No, okay, how many photos did you print out over the past ten years?
Speaker 3: What did you accumulate it?
Speaker 1: I accumulated a bit over thousands that I printed fifty and it took me seven hours.
Speaker 3: Oh my good nurse.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's I mean, that's a very big win for a lot of investment.
Speaker 4: Very different weekend to the man that got the double yocre.
Speaker 1: It's a very different weekend.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: You're calling up for five undred dollars to spend at Chemists warehouse.
Speaker 3: Who do we think?
Speaker 4: As someone who has herself tried to interior design and print photos, I'm going to have to go, Emma, fifty photos is a pretty big deal.
Speaker 2: Emma, you've just won yourself five hundred dollars to spend at Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's so great. Thank you so much, guys, you're so amazing.
Speaker 2: The seven hours is well worth it, so worth it now.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Enjoy Emma.
Speaker 4: Well you guys can rush into Chemists warehouse and save save on all your favorite beauty, haircare and skin care products. Shop instore or online today and that is us done for the day.
Speaker 2: It is if you missed any of the show or you want to catch up on the week, you can search the pickup wherever you listen to your podcast and you can get it all there.
Speaker 4: That's it from us, guys, Will and what are you driving you home? Have a brilliant weekend. We're going to see you back here three pin on Monday.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.