Speaker 1: I sent some save the date like wedding invitations out about eight ten days ago and it has caused.
Speaker 2: An international drama.
Speaker 1: So Ben, my fiancee, lives over in well, he lives in Romania now, but he's Swiss, so all of his side of the family are from Europe or from the UK, and on my side of the family, we're basically all Australian, so the wedding is split down the middle with internationals and Aussie's. So Ben gets this message from someone that says like one of his invites that just says dress code question mark fair and he wrote back.
Speaker 2: Ben wrote back, oh, yeah, sorry, Britt set the dress code.
Speaker 1: That was it. Day or two later, I gets another message basically saying hey, hey, you got the dress code question mark.
Speaker 2: And it's like, yeah, sorry, Britt set the dress code.
Speaker 3: Like that's pretty normal, and we've seen the invitations were invited and the dress code is normal.
Speaker 2: Well, so Ben messages me and is just like, babe, a dress code.
Speaker 1: Is normal for weddings and I was like absolutely, like an hows isn't even over the top, And he's like, oh, it's just people are asking me. Loads of people are questioning the dress code, and I was like, oh, I mean just say yes, we're.
Speaker 2: Enforcing the dress code. So he's like okay.
Speaker 1: A couple of days later he's like okay. He's like things are escalating. He gets a message from a really good friend of his, a girl, and she writes, Hey, we need to talk about the dress code. Ben's like throwing his arms up. He's like, why is everyone so upping arms about the dress code? And he's like, yeah, Britt's set the dress code. Sorry, it's enforceable, like you have to do it. It's just what we're doing. And she's like yeah, but is it strict. She's like it's a little bit weird and he's like, yeah, it is strict. Like sorry, that's just what you've got to do. And she's like, but what if it doesn't go with the dress that I'm wearing. He's like, what, You'll find something that goes like, you'll work it out. This goes back and forth and back and forth, and she's getting a bit aggravated about She's like, I just think it's weird and he's like, I'm telling you it is a normal thing. And she's like, well, how is Britney going to know? Like He's like, Britney's going to be upset, and she's like, well, how is Britney going to know he's And she was like, Brittany's going to be looking. Trust me, she's going to be looking to make sure that the dress.
Speaker 2: Code is enforced.
Speaker 1: And she goes, well, I just think it's weird and I don't think it's appropriate that she's looking. And he's like, she's gonna see what's on your feet And then the girl was like what and Ben was like what and she's like, what do you mean what's on my feet? The dress code says strictly no thongs and Ben was like, yeah, no thongs like flip flops, and she was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: No g streings are allowed wedding.
Speaker 2: Not a single one.
Speaker 1: The whole European side, all of Ben's family or he's like Auntie, his uncle's grands Everyone thought that I put a dress code that said strictly no g strings.
Speaker 3: I want full briefs on nothing, and I will check. Imagine Nana rocking up wearing a G string.
Speaker 1: Everyone thought that I was enforcing, so I had to go and update the wedding invitation and I literally had to write, hey, for all your Europeans you.
Speaker 2: Are allowed to wear a g string. For us, Aussie's songs are flip flops.
Speaker 1: So I was mortified, especially when Ben's like, yeah, she's going to be looking what I'm going to be looking up your dress.
Speaker 4: We've got a call, Sarah, Hey, did you something like this? What got lost in translation?
Speaker 5: My father in law lives on a cattle station in remote South Australia and we get a lot of international backpackers come in and work for us. And he was driving home from work and pulled in at the local roadhouse and said, I'm just jumping out of the car to grab a gay time. Does anyone want one? And all the backpackers looked at each other said no scene and he ranny his got his ice cream, and the tribe home was just silent. And the backpackers get back to the house and say, oh, Sarah, you wouldn't believe what's happened. Your father in law was gone into the roadhouse through gaytime and they said, yeah, his favorite.
Speaker 4: Wait did you ever tell the backpackers or are they now telling the story of the gay man that used to hook up but service station bathrooms?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, we told them once they got a bit uncomfortable and I thought he was having secret hookups.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he.
Speaker 3: Was driving them there very fast as well the time it takes to run into HM ice cream.
Speaker 4: Thanks for you called next on the show. Imagine being fired from your job for the things you googled while you were at work.
Speaker 3: We google so much crap because of the stuff we talk about on radio.
Speaker 4: Line of work. Yeah, we have a great cover. I can google gay time and not get in trouble because we were just talking about it. Anyway, you will never believe a man has he's posted to TikTok, he's been fired for some of the things he googled and now shock you. Well, we'll see next on the Pickup