Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're talking about the nineties and the letter s in our ages of the nineties. Let's talk about slap bracelets. These obviously a big thing for you guys were in the UK as well. Did they get banned from your schools?
Speaker 3: I hadn't seen one since the nineties and now they were big in schools until just a couple of weeks ago when I was in America on holiday and I went on the Saint Louis Breakfast show, the Courtney Show, they had Slaps branded slap bracelets that they were given away to their listeners and they were popular, and it made me think, actually wrote down we should bring this hime.
Speaker 1: Do you think we could get anyone who would make that?
Speaker 2: Because I know merch these days, they can put your logo on virtually anything. But where would you even get slap bracelets from.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen that Niggle have them because also went through a phase of yeah you can still get them there, some with watches, some just playing with stuff on them.
Speaker 3: So you reckon, we could scratch off the Smiggle logo and put Christian's face on the slap rice.
Speaker 2: Just get a sharpie and just doorball over or something like that. All right, so we want to talking about what got banned at your schools. We got skateboards were band at mine?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: One kid skateboarder to school and a memory he broke his I think he brought his leg or something of that, and that was it. There was that special assembly, you know where they called you all together and you knew you were going to get bollocked. And that was the only reason for a special assembly.
Speaker 3: There was one kid ruined it for everyone else. One kid got him in the eye. Well he should have been wearing glasses. Is a band for everybody?
Speaker 4: British Bulldog was the thing at our school because too many kids were getting injured, broken bones and stitches.
Speaker 2: My Catholic school that was very much encouraged. The teachers would actually play and actually break our bones.
Speaker 3: The Hunger games.
Speaker 1: That really should have been bad, but they were fine with that.
Speaker 2: But those skateboards, those skateboards are bad news.
Speaker 1: But Bulldog every lunch time we carried off to the medical bait with that, all right? No four one four one O four three? What got band at your school? Hello Fiona, Hi, how you going everybody.
Speaker 5: We had the dig pats.
Speaker 6: You may remember these, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: The big.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah, and they smelled like Big M's strawberry chocolate.
Speaker 6: Yep. And everyone would fight over them because it's like I.
Speaker 1: Want to like you got to explain what it is in their own podcast.
Speaker 3: Is a hauler hoop that smelled like the chocolate.
Speaker 4: They had like a scent, and they like you could get a yellow banana one and there was a pink strawberry one and they had like balls in them, didn't they from memory? And as you think so, yeah, as you spun it around your waist, you could smell like foul smelling strawberry or chocolate.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, the one than that nice.
Speaker 6: But everyone would fight with them and they were a part of things.
Speaker 2: And people would fight over them.
Speaker 6: I want to five, I want five of them.
Speaker 5: I've got to have five of them.
Speaker 1: Thank you for these mutually call it.
Speaker 2: That was literally like a dog whistle for me and Jack. We were presume they're having a good time.
Speaker 3: You don't really know how you even get a ball inside of hula hoop? And is the ball made the smell?
Speaker 6: Too?
Speaker 3: Many questions?
Speaker 4: Hollo, you see it just like ball beer.
Speaker 1: I told you. What have I told you about? This? Second question from you? To stick to one show.
Speaker 6: Carl Brighter, you're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian you're playing Tom Jones sex bomb has made me deeply uncomfortable today, is.
Speaker 1: Not why won from your show. Well, while we're.
Speaker 2: On that, Patrick Frommurmount even, let's stay on the moose te thing.
Speaker 1: This was his other big hit.
Speaker 2: He had a thing, didn't he Old moose Tea going alright? Also live with a letter s and the nineties then slap bracelets. We're talking about what got banned at your school. Character's emailed me Marbles.
Speaker 1: Yes, marbles. I used to love playing marbles with the kids when they were younger.
Speaker 3: What they did at our school was they told us marbles was going to be banned and to get it out of our system. We had a Marble Day where we had no sessions and all day with armistice.
Speaker 1: That is incredible, like the purge, a marble perge.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, go back to your school on nine four one four one o four three, Jackie, what was it for you?
Speaker 6: I'm at our school. We our school band click.
Speaker 1: Clicks, I remember those They were sort of thing a ninja would have.
Speaker 2: Basically, I actually think there works than nunchucks or throwing.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they are.
Speaker 2: How would you describe them? There were two very solid plastic balls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, I actually actually.
Speaker 1: Thought they were sort of more like a like a glass type. I don't even know, even more dangerous, more dangerous. We have plastic in the UK.
Speaker 4: You had glass, but they were really noisy.
Speaker 1: Where everything wants to kill you here the kids toys?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 5: Correct, Yes, After after a few injuries and what not, few broken wrists and that.
Speaker 6: They were banned from the school.
Speaker 5: I think they were banned from the world.
Speaker 1: Actually after that, oh I didn't know.
Speaker 2: The world got together a ban Hitler and.
Speaker 1: Jackie. You call banned by the world. What a great phote, and that could be Carl, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning guys. So I went to boarding school and I do not recommend this. I sternly advise against it. They ban pillow cases. We want to know, so if you take a pillow case and you put it inside another pillow case, enough pillow cases inside one pillow case means that when you have a pillow fight, it can cause damage. I do not recommend that you try to find.
Speaker 1: It damage, mild scuffing, mild abrasion.
Speaker 6: It will take you off your feet if you hit.
Speaker 3: That, if you're half a grand airborne again and worry.
Speaker 2: About inside Billow and then banned by the world of course, Carl, thank you very much. Yes, thank you, have a good day by Simon.
Speaker 6: Guys, Yeah, I went to a private boys school and they banned held hair Joel had Joe.
Speaker 2: Why did they bann hair gel to rock and roll and unruly boys?
Speaker 5: Exactly ninety nine?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 6: And we protested by growing her hairlong and scruppy, and uh two months later they renegged on it.
Speaker 5: And now we got to to the man.
Speaker 2: This is a great story. Well done, Simon, thank you, Thank you mate. Seven fifty three on goal David Lee Roth. Just like Paradise, we obviously rang out of songs to do.
Speaker 1: We had about five more. We went out of road, just.
Speaker 2: Like in Speak Christian Connell Show podcast Christian our Company. Let's as she didn't play smooth by Santana, I can play every other day. Have you never heard this radio station stick around around? You'll have it today by fight sir. That's our guarantee. We're talking there about what got banned from your school on nine four one four three Christian planking.
Speaker 1: Do you remember planking? M h, do you remember planking?
Speaker 2: It got banned to my school after my brother thought we funny to go on the school library of roof during the lunch break and plank to the school. He got expelled. He got expelled for that. I'd love to speak. Always thought they were the ultimate hard people.
Speaker 3: If you had somebody come from another school who got expelled at their last school, they already.
Speaker 2: Had surrounded in mystery hardness they had that.
Speaker 1: Don't mess with them.
Speaker 2: They're here because they got thrown out their school for probably most of it was made up.
Speaker 1: It's like a self myth. But they were legendary.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: There's sir squeeze. A few last calls in.
Speaker 2: Is you know you were talking earlier Jack about there's always one kid who does something, and then because something they did, the rest of us are now have a banning. Hugo is the originator of a school band.
Speaker 6: Hugo get a Christian? How are you going? Mate?
Speaker 2: So I understand you're the originator of the what got banned at your school?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Mate, so I know you guys are talking about this the other day, but our lunch orders.
Speaker 1: So what happened?
Speaker 6: So me, it wasn't just me. It was me and a group of mates. We figured out one day that if you ripped a little hole in your envelope and gave it to the lunch order man, he would just think that the money had fallen out some way, or maybe one of his employees that had misplaced the money. So for about two weeks you kept giving us free food.
Speaker 1: And then what a Greek two week run that must have been.
Speaker 6: And then oh mate, it was absolutely amazing pies cookie.
Speaker 3: And then surely as a quarter the whole class is little holes.
Speaker 1: What's going to get around? There's there's not there's more than one one golden ticket.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, exactly. We kept we kept it pretty niche to start, but you know a few of the more unpopular kids found out about it and ruined it for everyone.
Speaker 1: Those unpopular kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but then yeah, then pretty much the lunch order man banned lunch orders for I think a day or two until he could get to the bottom of.
Speaker 1: It and ran to no food.
Speaker 6: Ran deep, It ran deep within the.
Speaker 1: School, right to the top kids, right the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Hugo, thanks you cool.
Speaker 6: Big shout out to my man Vipa Reo in the studio doing a great job commentator for the Trading Game.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 3: It makes sense to the guy who obviously believed the unpopular kids and friends with the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah like that is he.
Speaker 2: He's constantly walking up and down picking on our trainings because they're not the cool ones I have.
Speaker 1: Who the hell is Vipers? Do you play footie with him? Hugo?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is actually not the first time I've called up Christian. I'm a long time call up.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Now you're just broken cover a bit more. Now we're going to mark you in the system as a friend of Rio's show again.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Hugo, thank you very much. Christian Connell's Show podcast