Speaker 1: Hello, my name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yr the Order Kerni Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through. As this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 4: Hello, and welcome to she He's on the Money, the podcast Millennials who Want Financial Freedom. Today is Friday, which means it's time to get the team together and celebrate you the incredible She's on the Money community. Today, we'll be sharing our favorite money wins. Beck will be sharing a fun broke tip, and we'll be helping to answer a juicy money dilemma, which this week is all about breaking down that mental barrier of investing in your side hustle. We're also going to unpack something that you slid into our DMS out which this week is what to do when a family member takes a pet off of your hands but then follows you up for the vet bills, which I'm very excited to get into. But before we do, no VD this week I know is a strange She's away with her beautiful, beautiful bubba.
Speaker 2: So today you might hear a new voice.
Speaker 5: We are joined today by a friend of the show, Jasmine garnes Worthy. Jazz, you have joined us before on the show, but for those who don't know, can you tell us a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 6: Hi, I am so pumped to be here and very excited, Victoria, what a time. I am the creator of Female found World. We are a community for women building businesses and based out of the US, but we're starting to do a bunch in Australia as well. And you know, I'm based out of New York, so I'm remote today but so excited to chat with you guys and go through all of those fun topics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had so much fun.
Speaker 4: VD sat down with you when we were in New York, which is so exciting. What a crazy times. People should definitely go back if you haven't listened to that episode. Because it was such a good one.
Speaker 2: But should we have a little bit of normalcy. Tell me, how is your week? Everybody?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'll go first, just because it's gonna be really quick. For me, it's been really chill. I've done nothing but go to the gym. I'm obsessed with the gym at the moment. And that is my day on a plate. That's my week on a plate. Actually, Jazz, how's your week been?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's been pretty good, but quite full on. My husband has been finishing up paternity leave. So I feel like I've been lulled into this false sense of what the situation is the one year old and and you know, I feel like for anyone who has little babies and at home, it's full on. And so it was really great having him around to help. But back to work, back to the real world for him.
Speaker 2: Was he for that full year?
Speaker 6: He u said, you know, he did it in three batches, which has been so lucky. He had three sets of six weeks, which was just incredible. And he took the last six weeks just before a baby turned one.
Speaker 4: Oh, that is actually a really cool system. I've never heard of anyone breaking it up like that. But I feel like it's a nice way to almost dip your toe in, isn't it into the kind of you know, having someone there, not having someone there?
Speaker 2: Then you have them there for a little bit, and.
Speaker 4: Then you kind of got to reel it back in before you get used to it, which is crazy, but what a wild time for you. I can't imagine doing everything that you do and having a one year old in toe now as well?
Speaker 2: Well you do it all. Yes, seriously, that is so impressive.
Speaker 6: It's full on, but like so many people do it, and I've just been, you know, really trying to follow them and watch them and just think, Okay, they can do it. I can do it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Love that? Love that all right? Jess, have you got some money wins for us? I absolutely do.
Speaker 4: Let me start off this week with a money win from Belinda, who said money win. I've become obsessed with audiobooks recently. Spotify include them on a premium subscription, but only fifteen hours worth, which doesn't always cover the book. Didn't realize it took so long to listen to a book, that's crazy. I googled and found that Audible was sixteen ninety five a month, which I didn't think was too bad, but then I realized that only includes one credit. Then my Auntie told me you can download the Libby app. It's free with a local library card subscription, and there's always something to listen to, so effectively you can check out an audiobook in the same way that you would check out a regular book. She said, what a win. Plus, I'm getting through lots more books while driving and cooking than I ever could read physically.
Speaker 2: I really like that.
Speaker 4: I'd never heard of. Oh, actually, I think someone had mentioned that app in the group before. But a really good reminder. A tree with a library card. That's awesome. Next, I've got a money win from Nicole, who said I bought a couple of bits in the post Christmas sales from Mecca and Sephora to save for friends' birthday gifts that are coming up. Cool, really smart. We love thinking ahead, Mel said money win. I've gotten two zippers repaired this week at a local outdoor type store, one for my running pack and the other for Hubby's day pack. It costs less than a hundred dollars to repair them, and it saved me like five hundred dollars that I was going to spend on buying new replacements. Plus it also gave me the warm fuzzies to repair something rather than throwing it out.
Speaker 2: Nothing more satisfying that I so.
Speaker 4: Often think, Oh, I need to replace something when it breaks, instead of just going how can I fix it? And I feel like that's a habit of our generation because I think if I think about my parents, whenever something would break, they'd be darning it, or they'd be patching it, or they finding a way to keep it going.
Speaker 2: I think I haven't heard that word. And why after you.
Speaker 4: Brought up haberdashers, I'm like, are you sure you're habitashrous? I did some research, but I really like I love the idea of finding a way to kind of make it work. And then lastly, I have a money in from Kaylor who said I got a second housemate and now I'm getting four hundred dollars a week between the two housemates that I have, which is just shy of my mortgage replayment. Plus I'm getting back into selling and reselling things, so I'm making money back there too. So it sounds like she's a living landlord with housemates who are almost covering the mortgage.
Speaker 2: It sounds pretty.
Speaker 3: Nice to me.
Speaker 5: Sounds pretty nice and that I shouldn't say too much because it's good clever.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make it very clever. It is very clever.
Speaker 4: But that's not all because we did say anyone who's going to come on the show, you had to bring a little something to something of your own. So Jazz, have you got a money of your own to share with us?
Speaker 6: Yes, actually very similar to one of the ones that we just heard. But I have been visiting Australia, visiting family and heading back to the US and have been just stocked up on our winter wardrobe from Australia where everything is discounted because we're in the middle of summer over there. So that has been a big save when I look at the year ahead. And the other thing is I also dropped an online course, made more money than I thought that we would, and it's just been a real eye opener about different ways of increasing your income. I've never really thought about those kind of like digital products as being something that would really work, and it launched this week and has just been pretty incredible and a big eye opener about the potential there concrats.
Speaker 4: That's so exciting She's on the money does a few different online courses and it's really cool because it's such a great way to help other people.
Speaker 2: It allows them to learn at their own pace.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of people who are neurodiverse in our community, and you know, people with ADHD and things like that. Often traditional learning doesn't work for them. So online courses are awesome because, as you said, as a business owner, for you or for someone like Victoria, it's an additional income stream. It's a really cool way to connect with people. But it's such a cool way to help consumers as well. What was your course about.
Speaker 6: It's called Retail Bootcamp and it's all about how to prepare a business to grow through independent retail stoppice, which is something that a lot of those small businesses, you know, they want to go after a big target or a Sephora or one of those big retailers, but or in Australia you know Coals or something like that. But really the way that a lot of these businesses are getting significant revenue and enough income to quit their jobs and do it full time is through these independent stockers. And so we worked with a bunch of businesses who are doing a lot of revenue through those channels and just put together this course like this is how you do that. And I've done the Money boot Camp or the Budget boot Camp with She's on the Money and loved it, very inspired by it.
Speaker 4: It's very cool. I love the budget tool in that course. But that's a really cool concept. I always wonder how products gain to pick companies. So you go, how did Coles decide to have this brand of oatmeal considered that brand of oatmeal or whatever? Because that's so interesting.
Speaker 2: Congrats, thank you.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I actually have two broake tips, one for myself, one from the community, and I think Jazz you might have one for yourself after that, I've got one amazing Okay, So first one from me, this one comes from Amy. This one again and I'm trying to steer away from this, but it probably is more for people who live in Melbourne. I'm sure there's an equivalent in other cities and states. But Amy says shop at cheaper by Miles for cheap pantry items.
Speaker 2: Have you heard cheap miles. I feel like we've mentioned it on the pod before, but for those who don't know.
Speaker 5: Yes, for those who don't know, it's basically, I believe it's like a store. It's like a regular grocery store, but I think it's like things that are being thrown out or discontinued that are still good. You're still edible, you can still use them, but they're just for whatever reason, not good enough for all worth and so and everything is so so so cheap. So I would recommend see if there's anything like that around you and shopping there instead of your Woolworths, your coals, your you know, places like that shop there too. I don't know if they're gonna we're gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 4: Of saying, I'm sure if we pop a throat in the Facebook group, I'm sure that people would be able to share an equivalent of that kind of store in the state that they're in.
Speaker 2: Totally, totally I agree. And then one for myself.
Speaker 5: So I used to do this when I lived with my best friend on the we had a fireplace, but this is also handy for if you have a bonfire or anything like that, especially during the winter. We would look on Marketplace and oftentimes there would be like in the free section, like spare bits of firewood from work sites or residential houses. From like renovations and things like that, just like spare bits of firewood that make sure you've got to make sure it's not treated and make sure you have permission. But if you're on a marketplace, you have permission. It's good for everyone involved because you get free fire wood for your fireplace that's warmth during the winter. And also they don't want to have to pay to get rid of it, so it's win win win.
Speaker 2: That's me jazz, if you feel free to share your break to here.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I just went through and did this in my business, and now I'm about to go through and do it my personal life as well. And I went through all of my subscriptions, so the businesses that I'm subscribed to annually, and I reach out to them and I said, hey, I'm a small business. I'm a small woman owned business. We are doing this service and you know, we're really rooted in social good. Is there anything you can do to reduce your subscription rate? And so many of them came back and said yes. So I've instantly saved a couple of hundred bucks in the business looking ahead for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, and a lot of these startups. So you know who we subscribe to to host the podcast. They have a small team, and I've reached out to them directly, got an email back and instantly saved on that, which I'm thrilled about. And now I'm like, Okay, how many subscriptions do I have in my personal life? And who can I email to get a reduction on that? When I'm signing up for the year as well. I love that if you don't ask, you don't get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And we have a lot of people in the Shoes and the money community who are small business owners or who work in nonprofits, so I feel like it would never have occurred to me. We've spoken before about going through and doing an audit of your subscriptions and getting rid of things that you don't need, but I don't think we've ever thought of going through and seeing if you can get a discount particular, you know, if you share a bit about you and your background and what you do.
Speaker 2: That is such a good idea.
Speaker 7: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: All right, let's head to a really quick break, you guys, and when we come back, we're going to jump into our juicy juicy money dilemma as well as answering a question all about what to do when a family member is looking after a pet for you don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone. Here's our money dilemma.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 8: There, have you got a money dilemma you just can't solve? The Sheese on the Money team is here to help. Every week, we tackle your dilemmas, both big and small, to answer your most burning money, career and life questions. To get involved, simply head to our website and leave us a short voice recording and you might just find yourself on the show. Now, let's take a listen to this week's money dilemma.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 7: Girls, I've made the decision this year to pursue my dream of starting my side hustle, which I'm so excited about. But as I've started doing research into everything, I'm realizing that it's a super big investment. I do have money, so but I'm finding I have a bit of a mental block parting with the money, thinking that I may not get it back. Any tips would be appreciated.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Oh good one.
Speaker 4: I like that our listener used the word investing in their side hustle because I feel like that kind of aligns with what they're saying about not knowing if the money is going to come back or not, which is kind of true for any investment that you make. But I feel like, Chas, you have so much to kind of share on this. I would love to hear how you decided that it was time to take that jump. Did you have the same kind of feelings about investing in what may have been a side hustle to start off with?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Okay, I do have so many thoughts about this. First of all, I just want to tell this person to do it, and I'll give some tips about overcoming that mental block in a second.
Speaker 2: But do it.
Speaker 6: Don't hold back. You're not going to regret it. If you're in the same place any year's time and you didn't invest in it and try to do this, you're going to regret it. So one hundred percent, go and do it. Is one of those things that even if this isn't the thing, it's going to get you a step closer to thing, and that is always worth investing in. But in terms of actually overcoming that mental block, for me, I worked full time while doing my side hustle and made sure that what I was investing into the business was what I could genuinely afford. So it really took the pressure off in that way. And I also, you know, built the business to be profitable from the beginning. And if you're somebody who has an inventory based business, you're selling a physical product. That can be difficult because product it's expensive to get started. Maybe you're get doing some branding and you know you have to put some money up front, but you have to understand the numbers there to realize, Okay, if I sell this many products within this amount of time, or if I get this many clients within this amount of time, I'm going to be profitable. I think that there's so much content out there right now that is actually geared towards these big companies that have investors in venture backing, and they're talking about grow at all costs and get as many customers as you can, and it's just not the right advice for most of us building businesses and side hustles. We need to be thinking about that profitability and really the practical stuff about how do I support my life or how do I actually add more money to my life through this venture, And so make sure all of that math is mathing before you do that that.
Speaker 2: Is such a good call. The math's got a math, or it's not going to math, it's got a math.
Speaker 4: Yes, Beck, I know that you haven't necessarily leapt into side hustling, but I'm interested to see what you think about the idea of being brave enough almost to take that step.
Speaker 5: This is something I do say, and I had said this a couple of weeks ago when I was talking about like moving to Melbourne and like career wise, climbing a ledder. If you're starting at the bottom of a ladder, make sure it's one you want to climb or rather than being like halfway up you don't really feel any passionate about. So I guess my thing is like similar to what you're saying. Let's say, for exampample myself, I am going to be forty at some point if I wanted to start something. What I'm telling myself is I can either be forty with X, say forty with a small business, forty with more experience in kind of growing a business or running a business or whatever that might be forty. And let's say, for example, I want to know, take up an instrument or something. Either way, I'm going to be forty and do I want to get there and still be wanting that, or do I want to get there and be like a couple of years into nine years into the thing that I'm trying to get, you know, comfortable with and learn about and skilled in and things like that.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The time is going to pass anyway, So do the thing exactly.
Speaker 2: That is such a good way to say, and I said it the longest way problem. That's why she is the expert. He's an expert. I think.
Speaker 4: For me, I really like what you said about on the side. We have our segment called The Business Bible that we do episodes every month that is specifically aimed at small business and side hustlers, because, as you were saying, Jazz, there's so much content out there for people who want to grow and scale and be huge, but not a lot of support for people who are maybe just trying to make a bit of extra cash, or they have this dream but they can't afford to go all in. They need to do it on the side, and they've still got to support themselves and their family. And we spoke a few weeks ago about how you sometimes you need to just take the risk, but do it safely. So start doing it on the side of your full time job. Start investing small amounts that you can afford to lose, because any investment involves risk. Investing in a business is just like investing in the share but maybe not just like investing in the share market, but it still comes with that risk, and you're totally right there is a chance that it won't work. But if that's the case, I think that there's something that you can take from that. Most businesses have failures before they have success, and I'd be really interested to know if you had any experiences like that when you were starting to build out your business where you know, something went wrong and you kind of had the option of throwing in the towel or you know, taking it as a learning and improving and continuing to build.
Speaker 2: Did something like that happen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would also say, like all businesses have failures, but all business owners have failures. I have multiple failed businesses that didn't work out before I got to the one that is now you know, actually able to pay for my life and is growing year over year and as you know, reaching lots of people. I had a beauty company and it was called the buff I started it back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I remember the bus.
Speaker 7: Yeah that was me.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I did not know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I started it back in twenty sixteen. We were one of the first customized beauty brands out there. Now they're everywhere. And I built that business. You know, within a week of launching, I was in vogue and this was I was labeling, hand labeling these products. And yeah, it was very bootstrapped and in the end the business there was a lot of a lot happening in the space. The business couldn't keep up with competition. I didn't have the skills that I needed to be able to do it, and I had to close the business. And that was devastating in so many ways, Like personally, I put myself out there. Financially, I'd put so much money into it, and I was just, you know, like, how am I going to come back from this? And what does this mean to me personally, financially, professionally. And then out of that came what I'm doing now and have been doing for the last few years, which has been my founder World, which is a much better business and way more suited to me and much more profitable. But if I hadn't done the first one, I never would have got here, and I could not have predicted that this is where I would have ended up. And all of the things that I'm doing now I learned through the fire of entrepreneurship, and so I really think that those big failures are actually learnings, and you need to take the long view when it comes to having a side hustle or stuf, adding a new venture or project, and really committing to that as like a life rather than maybe like just one idea.
Speaker 4: Can I ask this might be a little bit personal, and feel free to Obviously we can change it. But can I ask when you had that experience when the buff hit the point where you were like, point of no return, it's not sustainable, I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: How did you reconcile?
Speaker 4: I guess with yourself that you were going to take a hit, you were going to take a loss. You said you invested a lot financially, you had invested your time. I imagine there was probably a little bit of embarrassment, because you know, you've been in vogue and then all of a sudden to have to turn around and go, oh, actually, we're closing down. It sounds like our listener is nervous about the potential failure. How did you navigate through that failure because it was an experience that you had, but you came out the other side and now you're thriving. What did it look like to get from A to B?
Speaker 6: Honestly, it was talking with other people doing the same thing. And I think this is applicable to Yes, if you're in business and having that community of other business owners around you. But anything that you want to do, go and surround yourself with other people who are doing it, because they'll be getting having the same challenges, getting the same knockbacks, and they're the ones that really hold your hand and walk you through it and help kind of normalize the challenges and the ups and downs or whatever the thing is that you're pursuing that you've committed to. I was, you know, I didn't have a great community of founders around me, and that's one of the reasons why I started Female Founder World. But I was just reaching out to people on Instagram and then I was doing zoom calls with the ones who would and I was kind of talking it through and so many of them had had failed businesses before they did the thing that I knew them for and that I had idolized them for, and that they had built kind of their dream life. Many of them had failed businesses before they did that, and so I think just having that visibility and really seeing that other people had been where I had been and normalizing that, I think was such a big thing. So I think that this listener should go and find other people who are doing a small business in a similar area that she is and get them in her orbit in some way, because it'll just normalize so many of these challenges that she's going to face.
Speaker 2: That is awesome, that love us.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to do a full one eighty away from this incredible wisdom that you're just dropping on all of us. But we do have a very fun segment. Now it's our arguably, I would say, would you say, our favorite bite of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our favorite rid of the week for.
Speaker 4: Sure for this segment, and it's where we chat through our community DM. So let me tell you what our listener said this week. Hey, girls, I have a dilemma. So I had to give away one of my beautiful dogs unfortunately, as he was not getting along with my other dog, and the situation had become too hot. My brother in law and his partner offered to take the dog, which was the perfect outcome. They've had the dog for about five months now and all has been going well until the other day that they text me saying they had got the dog D sxt and asked me to transfer them five hundred dollars. I was shocked that they asked me for this. I never asked them to get him D sxt and it was their decision to do this. Also, since they are now his owners, I thought they would have taken the financial responsibility of the dog on. I'm not too sure what to say. I don't think that I should have to pay for this.
Speaker 2: What do you think? Anybody got some thoughts?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Jazz?
Speaker 6: Okay, I have really strong thoughts. Also, my dad is a vet and I have a very yes so I feel like I have a perspective here and I get very worked up about people not taking responsibility for their new owners. Are the new owners, they have taken responsibility. It'd be different maybe if there was like some underlying condition that they had known about and agreed to something. But if you take on the responsibility of having a pet that includes a financial responsibility, and it was their decision to get the dog desex. I really really believe that it's on them, and you don't want to set a precedent because what happens in five years when that dog needs something else? Are they going to come back asking for more help?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be I wouldn't be transferring that five hundred dollars, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I can really agree.
Speaker 4: And DESEX thing I feel like, is something that it's you really need unless you're planning on having your pet have puppy more not puppies, but having kids. If that feels me to say, unless you're unless you're planning on having your pet procreate, you need to be getting at desex.
Speaker 2: It's like a basic health thing.
Speaker 4: It's a you know, if they get out and you don't want your dog populating every other dog.
Speaker 2: On the road.
Speaker 5: Totally.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's such a standard expense too. Like you said, it's not as if it was a shock that came out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess like maybe, and I but I am on your side, both of your side, because I definitely think the new owner should be paying for this, absolutely, I guess though, because it is a standard expense, one that you almost expect to already have happened. And then you receive the pet and like it hasn't been de sexed, then you might be like you might be inclined to say, hey, what the hell, like, why did you do?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 4: You think that they assumed that the dog was d SX when they got it, That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: That's that I think is the missing context here, because it's the only thing I'm thinking Otherwise, like any other vet bill, any other anything, maybe micro chip, I'm not sure if that's the thing.
Speaker 2: You would just have to transfer it, I think, assuming the original.
Speaker 5: Okay, but yeah, if it's something that's like necessary that hasn't been done, you give the dog away. But even then, definitely the new owner should be paying for it. That's something I do not disagree with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's bizarre that.
Speaker 4: This is the first time that they're asking for money, which almost sways me to think that you might be right, because if they were expecting expenses to be covered, it sounds like they haven't asked for food costs to.
Speaker 2: Be covered or anything like that. Yeah, which is really interesting.
Speaker 4: But what we do is we ask our community a few questions to get their input because they're very smart. So we said, firstly, who do you think should pay for this? Five percent of people said the old dog owner? Ninety five percent of people said the new dog owner. Then we asked, do you think the financial responsibility of the dog became the brothers when he offered to take it? Ninety seven percent of people said yes, one hundred percent. Three percent of people said no, he was doing her a favor in looking after it, which I don't necessarily think he's doing her a favor.
Speaker 2: He agreed to become the owner, but yeah, not looking after it, really just owning it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Next week said do you think being a pet owner is a big financial commitment? And ninety nine percent of people said yes and one percent of people said no. And I want to know what the one percent of people were thinking, yea dying to know.
Speaker 6: They never had a pet?
Speaker 2: No totally? Or like what are they skimping out on? Like are they just like not visit Usually?
Speaker 4: My cats have stomach problems, so now they eat six dollars tins of cat food.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous. Pet's a little money pit sometimes.
Speaker 4: Lastly, we asked, on average, how much would you spend on your pet in a year. Five percent of people said one hundred to five hundred dollars, twenty seven percent of people said five hundred to one thousand dollars, forty two percent of people said one thousand to two thousand dollars, and twenty six percent said two thousand dollars or more.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow wow.
Speaker 4: So the majority of people are spending upwards of one thousand dollars pets annually, which doesn't surprise me as a pet owner. Then we said to everybody, give us your two cents, and so a few people sent us their thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for this.
Speaker 4: It always gets a little bit interesting as well. So somebody said it sounds like the poster bought from a backyard breeder.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know why they I think maybe they think because it was d sex. I think a lot of the time, if you get them, if you get them from shelters, I'm pretty sure. And Jazz, you're probably know better than me. Here they come de SX. Don't they like it?
Speaker 2: Is it a requirement that they need to be?
Speaker 6: I think so it does sound unusual for the dog not to be d SX unless she got it really young.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and somebody else has said responsible dog owners d SX their pens owner number one should have done this in the first place. Sure, there's actually a lot of people that have said it was irresponsible to rehome a dog that was in d SX. It's very unusual to have a dog that's not d SX. So an interesting bit of context there that I feel like we're missing. I'd be curious to know why it wasn't d SX in the first place, true, or where it came from. Somebody else has said if the new owners have the pet registered to them, it is legally their property and therefore their responsibility, which I think is kind of the sentiment that we were leaning towards a little bit, which is you're a mum, do the mum things. And someone did actually say being a dog mum or owner is an immense privilege that comes with a huge financial and emotional tax, which I think is a really good point to make. Lots of people are just saying pets are for life, pets are expensive. If you take on that responsibility, you take it on for or worse, you don't know what's going to happen, and so whether it's desexing, or whether it's treatments for some kind of illness, whether it's extremely expensive cat food, that's on you as the owner now to bear. How would you approach the conversation is my next question? What would you say to your or to our listener's brother in law.
Speaker 6: I think the simple thing here is you should have had the conversation with me beforehand. Yeah, did it if you were expecting me to pay for it or pay for part of it instead of hitting it up after the fact.
Speaker 5: I totally agree with that, because you could be in any like you know, you're probably thinking that now I don't have to budget for this pet as well, Ny, you wouldn't have the money to just like throw away five hundred bucks to do sexist dog that you don't even own anymore, you know, So I feel like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how would you have the conversation?
Speaker 5: I guess just maybe send them this exact episode so that they know that it's kind of universally agreed upon that they should be paying for this. But yes, they probably should. I have asked ahead of time before taking on the dog? Is it do sex. You can't assume these things.
Speaker 2: You never know. So I get it, like I get it.
Speaker 5: You want you assume that it's gonna be sex and micro chip and whatever else. I haven't owned a dog in my adult life, so I don't really know all this stuff. But you assume that's gonna be there. You assume it's gonna happen already. The fact that it wasn't, it's unfortunate you still got to pay for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very interesting. We'll pop a post up on Instagram. Let us know what you think. I think it's a tough one because I kind of do see both sides.
Speaker 2: Of the story now.
Speaker 4: But I think ultimately, you're a pet owner. You've got to do what you've got to do to look after it, and you know they're a part of the family, and sometimes that means spending a lot of money for things you don't want to spend a lot of money on.
Speaker 2: So I agreed.
Speaker 4: I think that's the perfect place to leave it. Jaz, Thank you so much for joining us. If people want to find you, where can they go?
Speaker 6: Yes, find me at female Founderworld dot com, Bema founder World on Instagram or TikTok or my personal Instagram. I spend a lot of time on there. It's at Jasmin Gardsworthy incredible.
Speaker 2: She shares so much wonderful content.
Speaker 4: And if you haven't listened to the original episode that Victoria and just did together, I highly recommend giving it earlysin It's a great episode and it's always just fun to hear about female founders.
Speaker 2: Doing cool things.
Speaker 4: So thank you for joining us, thank you for having me. Wonderful to have you, guys, don't forget you can join the Facebook group She's on the Money. We're on Instagram and TikTok at. She's on the Money Aus and Victoria. We'll see you bradon early on Monday for my Darry. Bye, guys, Bye.
Speaker 8: The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized red presentatives of money sherper p t y l t D A b N three two one six four nine two seven seven zero eight a f s L four five one two eight nine