Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, welcome back to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Just a quick note from me.
Speaker 2: For me, I again have been the victim of subverbal attack hate crime into I was trying to say to Flex yesterday that she was wearing a tangerine number, a two piece made of cotton. I'm assuming perhaps a little bit of sin satine moment that sat in the crinkles. Anyway, she's wearing a tangerine two piece.
Speaker 3: She flexes like, I'm anticipating the roast because it's coming.
Speaker 2: So can we just get it straight you you guys, like, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 1: You what I said?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Fuck you guys.
Speaker 2: When we started the show nearly a year right now, it was a year. Oh damn, time doesn't fly. You're okay, okay, everybody. It's actually so annoying when someone loses the pots. I'm just going to get it together commusic, Okay, freaky. One of the first things you said to us on the run sheet was that listeners like to hear what's happening in the environment.
Speaker 3: No through me every week, will never listen to Brookie. Brookie prints us amazing run sheet. She gives us directions for me thinks they're optional. But this one off hand comment made three hundred and sixty five days ago, and you're like, well, I describe because Brookie said that.
Speaker 1: People like to know visually what's going on.
Speaker 3: And she's Nott throwing around gibes and attacks, and you're masking it under you know your creative processes.
Speaker 2: Can I just just got really quickly.
Speaker 1: You've described him before. No, I don't want to hear you describe. My point is shoes against this. I don't. I don't. I'm not comfortable. I'm not comfortable with this enough and now enough. Listen to the podcast Flex and Rooms on cater.
Speaker 3: Am I the asshole for not catering my best friend's wedding? That is the question we're answering today on Flex and Frooms. Listen to this.
Speaker 1: I'm a skilled cook.
Speaker 3: It's not my day to day job, but I do some catering on the SI for extra money sometimes. On My closest friends is getting married this summer and I'm super excited for her wedding. She told me recently that she wanted to use me for catering for the wedding. I told her I was honored that she thought I was good enough cook, but if I provide catering, I wouldn't be able to really enjoy the wedding as a guest, and I hadn't really been planning on working all day for my friend's wedding. She told me that providing the catering could be my wedding gift instead of an actual gift. I explained that if I was catering the wedding.
Speaker 1: It's forty to fifty people.
Speaker 3: So it's small for a wedding, but still obviously a lot of cooking and prep that I couldn't attend it because I'd be making orders during the day and ceremony and dinner during the reception. So if I'm not attending the wedding, I didn't owe her an expensive gift, so she needs to pay me if she wanted me to cater She's now mad at me because she was trying to help boost my catering by giving me some exposure. Again, this is not my main source of income and not looking for new clients. I feel really bad that she's mad at me, but I just don't see why I should cater meals and appetisers for free for her because I'm a good cook, It'd be extremely expensive and super time consuming for me. Am I the asshole for telling her I'd rather attend the wedding, But if she prefer I cater, she needs to pay. So what would you do for me? You're a little bit of a cook. I have friends that would get married.
Speaker 2: I double in the fine arts of cooking. Do not do things for your friends when they involve drains and pipes.
Speaker 1: And major milestones. This quid pro quo? What do you call it? In the what the lawyers do?
Speaker 2: Pro bono?
Speaker 1: Pro bono? Please pro bono? Bon broth.
Speaker 2: The contra babes look as someone who is identified as an influencer. At times over emails, I have been offered, you know, a little gift card here or there to review a restaurant. I say, please, police, I don't need the exposure, and neither do you. I want to enjoy my time if I'm going out to a restaurant, I don't want to pay. So this sort to say this woman has totally fair. I think people who are not in a certain industry don't realize the time and effort that goes into certain things. I mean, cooking should be obvious because a lot of us have to do it. But yeah, the exposure angle, I'm sensing that this person is angling for a freebie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, but I don't understand why, especial if you're good friends. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: I guess they just don't realize how much it's gonna put into it. When I was thirteen, I had my cousin's first wedding.
Speaker 1: We had when you were thirteen.
Speaker 2: No, but they had me in the f in kitchen, de peeling, depooing prawns. M That was one of the worst experiences in my life.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry about it.
Speaker 2: So I would never get someone who is important to the wedding.
Speaker 1: You don't get your friends to do the grunt work.
Speaker 3: I am one of those people where like, I like being generous, and I like acts of service, like when people do things for me. But I will never, ever, ever ask my friends to do grunt work moving house, grunt work, cooking at my wedding, grunt work, organizing the music at the party, grunt work. I have some respect for your people. It is such an esteemed position to have a friend who's getting married you know what I mean, Like, well, it's my friend, they're doing this amazing thing. Maybe that'll be present and celebrate with her, hanging all back on this mask and be like, hey, why are you having your first kiss?
Speaker 1: I was in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous and it's odd, and it would advise you to like really not reconsider the friendship. But like, if you cannot reason with your friend in this instance, that is so worrying to me, very spooky. That's good luck with that. I wouldn't wish out on my worst enemy. For the plot, maybe, but not on a day to day.
Speaker 1: Keeter flex and Frooms flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: In a very exciting development. We are playing a game, and this is the jobs you never knew celebs had, Flexi. I'm going to read out some celebrity jobs that they had prior to becoming quote unquote successful. Talk to me, and I'm gonna need you to guess whether or not they are true. Starting off, Carti B did Cardi work at a currency exchange at the mall and once serve P Diddy, but was too nervous to pitch her music to him. Yes, that sounds believable, done, Brookie I like that whoopy Goldberg phone sex phone operator. She says when she was younger, the money was great, but people who see her now know that it would be her voice.
Speaker 3: True gorgeous, whoopee, Come on girl bus Rihanna?
Speaker 2: Is it Rihanna?
Speaker 1: She says, it's Rihanna, But too much time is past.
Speaker 2: She worked at a makeup store as a teen because her plan was to become a makeup artist before her music career took off.
Speaker 1: I believe that true. Whoa we whoa? Can we slow down? Lets see this? All sounds so believable to me.
Speaker 2: Brooks a genius. Hugh Jackman. He was a clown, earning fifty dollars per show. He even remembered a girl saying that this clown is terrible. He doesn't know any tricks. True, pull one out for hum. I'm senting a pattern here. Mariah Carey she was a hat checker, but she got fired because of her attitude.
Speaker 1: False, am I girl alone?
Speaker 2: Megan Fox she was a banana mascot. She used to stand outside this smoothie shop. She worked out dressed as a banana. True, well done. Jack Harlowe worked at his dad's used car sales factory.
Speaker 1: One of rooms and was fired for crushing an expensive car. True, there's only one for me, not that character defamation.
Speaker 2: And finally, Sissa used to work inside a fancy club bathroom and would hand you the paper towels and were scouted one day when caught singing by a record producer.
Speaker 1: True, like, I don't feel that game fantasy.
Speaker 3: You know, these are great experiences to have what they do, just work in hospital.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Hun, Well maybe that was a.
Speaker 1: Loss to me.
Speaker 3: I think it's a win just for getting involved and give it a red hot going.
Speaker 1: You're not big into games, are you?
Speaker 3: I can be competitive, but if I know that like it's a game of skill not chance, then I'll play.
Speaker 2: Well. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.