Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: I have been racking my brain for interesting moral dilemmas.
Speaker 1: You know what, I need assistance.
Speaker 2: I need need people to send me themes and from there I.
Speaker 1: Can figure out dilemmas.
Speaker 2: I just feel like my head is a vast wasteland that is bountiful if I know what seed I'm sewing, so I can figure out how often to water it and how much sunshine it needs.
Speaker 3: You need the right metal detector.
Speaker 1: That's exactly it.
Speaker 3: I'm picturing Mars me too. We've been having some cosmic mor summer's happening. We've missed each other. Literally, do I dare agree that you miss me?
Speaker 1: I just said literally? Oh, I guess that was like a bit vague, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: It's like if.
Speaker 2: Someone was like, I'm gonna love you and you're like, literally, I missed you through me.
Speaker 3: Literally, thanks honey. Anyway, we're talking about a moral dad. But I heed Flex's advice on like sending our stuff. I like it when you send me relationship stuff. Also, like someone sent me the other day about how I'll just tell us really quickly. I'm like that person at the party who interrupts the conversation to tell the fucking shittert story. Oh my god this and she's like, we were talking about like really good songs for my Fremy Friday's playlist best playlist on Spotify, and she's like, when I was nine, I danced to this too in front of my friend's older brother who was fifteen, because he gave me shoes to go down to the park, and then I sucked his toothbrush in private afterwards. Ah, how good is that?
Speaker 2: Anywhoumy loves nostalgia and sentimentary I hate that. I don't want to be that person, though, Like, ah, your whole brand who it's nostalgia you live in the year two thousand and one eleven.
Speaker 3: I hate that. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: It's you want to be future forward babes. Nobody's looking and saying fust forward. Not one person's ever.
Speaker 3: I'm like the I don't want to be someone who's like, oh, in the eighties, you.
Speaker 1: Literally are archetypal back in the days.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Once I get this podcast out of my system, oldie worldie.
Speaker 2: Flex and frooms, you have been asking for moral dilemmas.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: It takes so much brain capacity to think about complex things and moral dilemmas are complex. If they're not thought about correctly, they're too easy to answer. If they're too complex, I'm tired. This one came from my brain, so I feel like I feel like it's going to be a good one.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Comprehension hats on, listening, ears open, all right. So imagine you've noticed that you've been getting paid a little bit more each pay slip.
Speaker 3: Right, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: This is like fifties, fifties and it's like one hundred. But then during Christmas you notice a huge lump sum of about five k. It's like four eight hundred and ninety two or something. So like at this point you're thinking, mm, the small ones could have been an error, but like, I'm not gonna call it out like thank you. But this big one you're thinking it could be a bonus because your bosses were like, you've done really good this year, like a little like sweet tree. So you don't want to say anything, right because it's not your business. You're just gonna assume it is what it is. And you did hear a korker also getting a bonus, right, So all is fair in love and war anyway. Come to find out, there's been a paperwork mix up and payroll is accidentally depositing money to you that's not meant.
Speaker 1: To be yours.
Speaker 2: You don't know the specifics because they're not going to tell you that over email.
Speaker 1: They don't want to incriminate anyone, but that's what's happened.
Speaker 2: So then the HR person sends you a message and says, hey, I'd like to have a chat with you.
Speaker 1: Are you available?
Speaker 2: So they come down, they meet with you, but they say, this isn't off the record conversation. They basically express first red fleg Yeah, they basically express that they've made this huge mistake.
Speaker 1: They start crying.
Speaker 2: They're talking about how there's been a discrepancy in the numbers adding up and it's been clear that a lot of money has gone missing, and it looks at something illegals going down, like someone's like scraping from the top. Now, this HR person knows that they've been sending the money to you, but they don't want to incriminate you, because incriminate to them. So they're asking you to send the money back. You've spent it. What do you do that? It's not about what we would do because you and I we've got a podcast talk about this on. As for everyone else, I want you to really think about it, really dig deep into your loints because at this point, Babes, you're on your own.
Speaker 3: I think so. I feel like he brought this story because you know this has happened to me, has it? Yes? On my first job when I was selling tint pardon me?
Speaker 1: I love when you talk about tint days.
Speaker 3: Pardon me. Anybody who is an avid follow us, so I has already heard this story. But my first job.
Speaker 1: When you were peddling t and that nobody needed.
Speaker 3: One inflation rate or my first paycheck, like it was a commission job. I was probably getting like fifty k like base, or maybe even thirty k base, and then we'd make it on top. You can make a killing selling tin like people are on like one twenty k. It's like no education.
Speaker 2: You've got to be a good salesperson. That's very exhausting. Yeah, any sales job is exhausting.
Speaker 3: But like you don't only need another product. You don't have to go for a test drive. You just bring someone into your office, lure them in dogdy piglety and they buy it.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't give it all the way, all the trades. It goots away.
Speaker 3: But you know what I mean, because you.
Speaker 2: Know I bought the tiny give a ceramic coding. What is that got wrecked?
Speaker 3: This is what they don't. Yeah. Anyway, I got paid my first paycheck, my first commission paycheck, and it was three and a half thousand dollars. Okay, and I thought, big spense, that's pretty good. I mean, I only sold one this month, but the numbers do add up.
Speaker 1: Fortunately.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I leave and go straight to Chadstone, the fashion capital in Victoria, ride into Prata pr Ada. There is no way I dropped two thousand dollars on a calf skin bag. It was pinchay smy black piping, of course, drop the money. Parade into work the next day, Hop out of my car, ding dong ming dong in my little clickti clackety heels. Sit down at reception. I also was a receptionist.
Speaker 1: Again two jobs. That bonus was yours, yeah, facts, and.
Speaker 3: I made coffee. I sit down and the boss is like, oh, can you come into my office. I just got to talk to you about something. He's like, we overpaid you last night, three three five hundred bucks. And I go hmm about that the prior bag sitting on my front deck.
Speaker 1: That's where the money went. Oops.
Speaker 3: And this is where then air po baby comes in.
Speaker 1: Because your dad also worked there. So let's not prey.
Speaker 3: No, my dad didn't work there, but my dad gave the boss of that job his first job when he was my age, and so it was the circle of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also when I say my dad gave him his job, he just like threw him into another car yard. My dad doesn't have employees, but he just knows everyone in the car business.
Speaker 2: Just say your napper baby. And so my high school had a DJ and the cafe. Even my mom was laughing about this. Me and Lizzie were laughing about this and Garda just now.
Speaker 3: The DJ cafe.
Speaker 1: It'll never get old.
Speaker 3: My god, what happen? You got to keep the bag and the mind get the bag and he's like, oh, you'll pay it back. Click when you make commission? Did I make that much commission in nine months I was working there? Absolutely not. Do I still have the bag yet? And does it still slay? It's a beautiful bag. Amazing to keep it to generations?
Speaker 1: All in all? What's that thing? Checked? Twice? Cut once. Is that the same?
Speaker 3: I never heard it.
Speaker 1: If you work in payroll, don't make it out. Oh yeah, money it comes in.
Speaker 2: There's nothing I can do on my end. I'm so sorry. That's another thing that we've got to start implementing. Saying there's nothing I can do.
Speaker 1: On my end.
Speaker 3: That's so annoying.
Speaker 1: My hands are unfortunately tired. There's nothing I can do on my end.
Speaker 3: Practice no, okay, but really quickly back to it. I agree it's on HR. They're trying to do some dodgy shit. If h everyone to talk to you when not have it over email, eat my ass respectfully. I'm going to be recording the conversation even though that's illegal okay in New South Wales, I think so Toeleland, Victoria, Flex and frooms.
Speaker 1: You know that I currently use two phones? Yes, correct? What do you think those two phones are for?
Speaker 3: Where it can play?
Speaker 2: That's what I tell people, But the reality is I've run out of storage on one phone. And because there's no storage and I can't back it up to the iCloud. And in order to back it up to the iCloud, it means a free up space and I don't want to free up space because every thing in the phone is important to me. That includes one hundred and fifty thousand images, I message receipts because you know, screenshots, They're all there and they need to be there. And I don't want current me to decide what information is too important to keep or to.
Speaker 1: Get rid of.
Speaker 2: Right, I thought that was quite common, and maybe that's exacerbated because of the industry I work in. We work in and hoarding information. But I came across this article that was talking about this phenomena that people are seeing in young people called digital hoarding. Now we all know of physical hoarding, people who have these really debilitating lifestyles because of how much stuff they've amassed. You know, they can't find their toilet or cook in their kitchens because they's just stuff everywhere. Imagine that, But inside your digital equipment, your phone, your laptops and whatever. Because I can't decide what to free up on the first phone.
Speaker 1: I just got a second.
Speaker 2: Phone because you buy it out right, Uh yeah, oh, let's got a second business expense though business expense. But the issue with that is I'm going to have the problem again and again and again in my lifetime, and I feel like we're not really aware of what we're hoarding because everything on our phone feels like it's just living in this like cloud space, and the cloud is like this is no. The cloud is a real place everyone, It's a real place with hard drives, so're storing your information, and these places need electricity to function, and then we need powerpoints, powerpoints, power plants to function, the electricity to function. The la la la la. Basically, it's bad for the environment, babes. It's like killing the planet with all this. We need extra space to store this extra physical data that we don't need. Right, So what is a solution to digital holding. We have to become so aware of what we're holding onto and taking stock. That means deleting texts, deleting photos, deleting videos, deleting screenshots.
Speaker 3: I kind of deleting apps. Let it go, Let it go.
Speaker 2: But also like, let's learn how to physically archive with intention, bring back albums, photo books.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. A floppy disc sloppy.
Speaker 3: You had me and you lost me at floppy disk doll That's what I do best. This is flex and frooms. Now we have a very exciting announcement. We are actually going to be calling a winner of a combatation.
Speaker 5: The week we're actually is by lag there, we are going to be calling a woman called Laura.
Speaker 3: She's one. VIP tickets do something very exciting. That's happening. I think next week on February third, correct, we have a Specsavers funded event on the island in Sydney. It's always and we are inviting people down to the island. We're going to be doing a live recording. There's going to be drinks. It's so factough. Just letting you know before we call Laura to tell her she's one. You've got up until tonight to enter this competition, to come and hang out, to.
Speaker 2: Be stranded on an island, a boogie island, mind you, fully stuck with flex and frooms and a hundred of our biggest fans, so we can simulate what life would be lackful stranded on a desert island with catering.
Speaker 3: However, no one needs to be eated. Let's let's go to it. Let's call Laura.
Speaker 4: Oh this is love speaking Laura.
Speaker 2: Thank god you answered the phone like someone who has phone manners. Oh shame, but we have called to eighteen year old tate and they picked up with a hat.
Speaker 1: And one thing about growing up.
Speaker 2: Is that you have to answer with Hello, this is insert name speaking, thank you so much for your service, Laura.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, No, no, no, this is too much good.
Speaker 3: It is a oh my god, Laura, You've got such a beautiful tone to your voice.
Speaker 1: It's so hot.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I am very raspear, but thank you very much. Working with them teacher. So it's just it's just a lot of voice screaming over the kids all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you? Kids carry so many germs.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've kind of got over the hump now because I've been working with kids, Like before working here, I worked in like childcare for a year, and then I was nannying for over like three years. So I feel like I've kind of built an immune system to get past it. But it's just it comes at lots of voice.
Speaker 3: Personal question Laura, do you want kids? It? Do you want kids?
Speaker 4: I do? I do want kids?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she a little bit. Now, I'm twenty two, but the goal would be maybe like twenty six.
Speaker 2: We all said that, We definitely also that twenty two, and then yeah, we said, you know.
Speaker 1: What, that's.
Speaker 4: Next few days, you know. I mean like they're like whenever, No, there's no time.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that a lot, Laura. Now I heard that you didn't really listen to podcasts until you started listening to Flex and Firms. Is that true?
Speaker 4: No, it is true. Yeah, you guys. Like the first ever podcast I listened to was one that my boyfriend forced me to listen to because I was like, we just had run out of music, and I was like, not a fan. And then I fumbled across yours because I had seen both of you guys on TikTok and I was like, you know what, I'll give it a go. I'm Something that I said to yesterday that I really liked about it was that you guys have that kind of their shorter episodes, so I feel like I'm not committing to sitting there for hours. That being said, though, I will sit there and listen to episode after episodes and being there for a while anyway.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well, Laura, I am so overjoyed to be meeting you on the feb third. Yeah, I'm overjoyed all right, and we're gonna let you go, but we will see you then.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Bye byelae, I thank you bye.
Speaker 3: What is with these callers being the nicest? Yeah, I'm upset a list awesomest people ever. Wow, what is that like.
Speaker 1: Your vibe attracts your tribe?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let's go with that.
Speaker 1: Let's go with that.
Speaker 3: So if you're a banch, you're listening with no vibes, please look off, Please change channels. This is flex and frooms on Kita. Something that I also like is learning about sleep cycles. It's really important to sleep properly and continuous sleep hygiene in your day to day life.
Speaker 1: Sleep hygiene is a great phrase.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like the first that's the first thing that's not to do with personal hygiene that I've heard. Hygiene attached to sleep hygiene yeap, yeap. Online hygiene, there's all of it, But this one comes courtesy of an Instagram tw that I saw. Apparently, how long and how will you sleep at night when you fall asleep and how energetic you feel upon waking are all those three things are mainly controlled by how early and how much sunlight you view before ten am in the preceeding two to three days.
Speaker 1: This is very human core.
Speaker 3: It is human core. So what that means is how will you sleep is determined on the past three days beforehand, and in those past three days, it depends on how much sunlight you got in the morning.
Speaker 1: So we need more sunlight in the morning to sleep better at night.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: So your former sign if it's overcast, oh huh.
Speaker 3: Get up before the sunlight. That's before ten am. Apparently that's the good shit you see.
Speaker 2: My thing is, every time I hear these facts, I love it. Information is fantastic, But it occurs to me that in order to benefit from this information, I'd have to change my lifestyle, which now shows me that I just don't want to be an optimal person because the thought of my nighttime sleep today being impacted by how much sun I saw this morning, the day before, yesterday and yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a bit demoralizing, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Hugely hugely? But it's good information to have. I just don't know if it's achievable.
Speaker 3: We'll say I try it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was on a plane in the last two days, so I didn't get.
Speaker 3: Much international I've had enough.
Speaker 1: I've had enough.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast for more tune in decater on DAB, or stream it on iHeartRadio.