Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Like if it was a twin cab you, I wouldn't suspect.
Speaker 3: Last time to dinner was wheat pigs. You say great rivalry, I say, stop being on me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four by three.
Speaker 3: Cold enough for you? Is it, sir? Cold enough for you? Is it? Madam? Good morning, Patsy morning, Good morning, Jackie Boy Morning Team Chili Chilly Chilly Chili face.
Speaker 4: I know, but no matter how cold it is, I would never put a nana blanket across my life.
Speaker 3: It's not a nana blanket, that is a rugged blanket. I did this morning. I put a blanket round my legs Patsy and drove in.
Speaker 2: Haven't you got a heater in the car?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter though, just knowing that blanket is around the back of my knees and the calves is what gave me a nice glow driving into work today.
Speaker 4: You'll have a hot water bottle by tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I refuse to go that far, but knowing that blanket will have said Australia has softened me. I one one degree during a winter normally in the UK and way way below that. Okay, however, off the four years here in these sunnier climates, warming myself up like a little lizard, and on those heat lamps at the zoo. Suddenly now one of the grease is unbevorable. Hence the blanket, the blankt I've never used the blanket before in the UK FS miserable, long, long, long, old long winters we've had there, But man.
Speaker 4: Like, he was the first one this year that I've wrapped myself harder in my blanket when the alarm went off and I don't want to get out of bed this morning.
Speaker 6: I want to know did you both have your icy cold showers this morning that you normally have.
Speaker 3: Had the shower? It was not a nice cold shower today. I was like, I don't need to suffer in life for all the time. No, perhaps he No, that was a nice warm one even that. I was just like, oh, to go and get that towels or my feet three feet I'm shouldn't whim hoff as a day off from all that iceman stuff, right, it can't be three six rives. It can't be three six just rug up whim hof. So yeah, and then you can't judge me. You slept Jack actually slept in his car yesterday. What is going on?
Speaker 4: New loads all over the place for me now.
Speaker 3: But as long as you didn't have whet books again last night for dinner, we're all good. No.
Speaker 4: I went out to the pub, so I had all three meals proper meals yesterday, not that I ate well. I had a Palmer for lunch, steak sandwich for dinner, So.
Speaker 3: You're winning Tuesday. The listeners are like, oh, to be in showbiz. But then Schnitz for lunch on Tuesday. That's most people's like treat during the week.
Speaker 4: That Schnitz is like those chips underrated. Watch we watch out for me, Yester. I had the Hamish and Andy podcast that finished at four o'clock and.
Speaker 3: Then Humble Brag. I was going to just drop a big couple of big names there first break Bang Bang, Hamish and Hamish would be because Hamish and Andy podcasts. All right, we know you got two jobs and then two masters.
Speaker 4: A scheduled dinner with a friend at thirty.
Speaker 3: Other nice is schedule fun friend, I'm scheduled you between six and seven. I must be by seven seventeen.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to let you know how I got to the point of sleeping in the car.
Speaker 3: Because I was worried about the schedule.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to go all the way home and then just have to bounce back again by the time I got home. So I was in an underground car park at the radio station where we record the Hamish and Anti podcast.
Speaker 3: Is it where you slept?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It is.
Speaker 2: Oh that's creepy, you judge.
Speaker 3: I mean I've seen presenters now who's sleeping cars. It's normally because they've been kicked out or found out that they've been sleeping with someone upstairs at a radio station who was not their wife. Now people will judge you. Well, it's not a good look for the Hamish.
Speaker 4: So I was worried about people looking in through the window and seeing me. So the big puffer jacket that you guys made fun of, Oh no.
Speaker 3: I mean it is virtually a doner slash sleeping bag.
Speaker 4: I pulled that over my head.
Speaker 3: Did you. Because I've tried sleep in the car before.
Speaker 4: It's not easy, it's hard, and usually I'm not successful at it. But this was my most successful time ever. One I got Wow, you actually slept?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Five to six.
Speaker 3: Oh my, so do you have a little alarm in there? Freshen up?
Speaker 4: One off?
Speaker 3: You went?
Speaker 4: I didn't even put into lot because I was I thought I've never slept more than fifteen minutes in a car. Yeah, I won't make it. And so I was actually late for dinner because I.
Speaker 3: Was just sleeping in my car. What are you guys all having now?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Jack's fine. Jack's actually fine. It's all good, guys.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Ellen John News. The news is he's come back to Australia. Must just get out the way. Now he's coming back to Australia. What did Tom actually say? Did you see? Not until after seven? Who cares? Ewen John is sat monitoring us right now on the iHeart platform. The rumor is calling Bernie topping right now. You're not going to believe what O'Connell's done. Sure he respects the embargo. If he is just said it, Second break, second break.
Speaker 4: Guys, you could have jeopardized the tour coming in the embargo.
Speaker 3: Guys, respect it. Ellen John's coming back to Australia. When's he coming back? Elton John returns far on Core shows as part of his Global nett never ending this tour, isn't it. He must have thought, surely with this COVID and I have to get back in that jet and go back to the Southern Hemisphere. No elt and tough like you've got to fulfill your contract. We demand the shows you could do. Come back out.
Speaker 4: An oncorn tour almost three years on is a one time between songs.
Speaker 3: Yes, uh, farewell yellow brick road turns out some farewells take a lot longer all those goodbyes. He's come back, which is great news. He's doing Amy Park in January the thirteenth, which is about four weeks after Billy. Joel is at the MCG next year. Tickets going sout midday Monday August at oz endz dot Elton John dot com. I'm not wine jump by the way you might think, hang on, you got to be very suspicious these days of nefarious websites. That feels like one that gets you get text by an anonymous number and you're like, I've won one hundred dollars iPhone thanks to help. I actually haven't put my glasses on to check that I haven't made that up with the cold weather. No, you do need to go to elm. What's going on is anything like? For actually? Oh z and z el dot com. All right, head there, that's where you get your tickets on Monday, August the first. All right, we can crack on with the show now. I placed them out later on this morning. Patsy, what happened with you yesterday?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Sure if this isn't the biggest pilgrimage for food. I've had this hankering always get fresh beans, and I haven't been able to.
Speaker 3: Do you mean that you run a beans? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I love a fresh bean. I can't.
Speaker 3: That was a great run of beans. Shut the rest of my.
Speaker 6: Favorite vitamins and minerals for the day. No, I just love fresh beans, and I can't. I can't eat the frozen packet ones. Do you get the packet ones?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I don't need a lot of beans.
Speaker 2: Oh it's my favorite.
Speaker 3: I have to be made it by my wife. Should always go. The kids are looking at you. Okay, you have some greens.
Speaker 4: Move them around your a little bit so it looks like you've eaten.
Speaker 2: Put it in with a sausage and a snack in the mashed potato.
Speaker 3: What do you get on a food Pilgrimage. I remember what was that? What was that sort of stirring sauce.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm down to my last packet on that.
Speaker 3: Actually you reminded Pilgrimage.
Speaker 6: Today, I am going out to back a smash and I am going to go, yes, thank you, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To Is it like a gravy sauce mix?
Speaker 2: What's it called.
Speaker 6: It's McCormack brown gravy sauce in a powder form and it's delicious in the slow cooker with a bit of beef.
Speaker 3: So what did you Where was the pilgrimage? You say, just to get round of beans.
Speaker 2: I had forty k's for beans.
Speaker 3: It's not worth to just get one punet or whatever they come in that little package.
Speaker 6: But I can't get them out west. You cannot get beans. You can't get beans past the West gate.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: Greenery? Why is it green?
Speaker 6: I haven't been able to get it, and it's killing me because I have to have beans.
Speaker 2: It's my staple when I do veggies.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you're such a bean obsessing.
Speaker 2: A love a bean and Brussels sprout's a second cabbage's thread.
Speaker 3: Well, there's none out west. So he looked around a couple of day I have. So if we go into super markets, they're coals and Wolworths. There's no greenery, no, or just a rush on beans.
Speaker 2: No, just beans, I don't know.
Speaker 6: And the other thing they're short on is passion fruit because Audrey likes a passion fring in her lunch every day.
Speaker 3: Shortage. Honestly, pantsy, you you really do look after that lunch box, isn't it? What the biscuits that you've got and cheese passion through every day?
Speaker 2: She loves it. It's very good for your passion. Fruit keeps you regular.
Speaker 3: But I do like a little no young kids attending to about that. People your age do? You don't want to get stacked.
Speaker 4: Up metamucil in the.
Speaker 3: Passion fruit is regular to wade off shingles as well. You should be all right.
Speaker 8: Christian Cond's podcast next week.
Speaker 3: On the show. Then the trading games are going to be here, Trades. These are dedicated games we have spoke designed for you to work out once and for all, who is the smartest and hardest working trade out of all of them, and who is going to be the king of all trades When.
Speaker 7: Trades go to war, only one can rule them all. Ship be's Pritty's head to here? Who's the sharpest in the shed? Flooring, filing, framing, fences, cash, He's canton feef for breakfast, Tradies, time for more Godi is what you're fight.
Speaker 3: For, all right. So we have designed some events next week. These are events that you do every single day of the year, come rain or shine. I know we're moaning at the moment that it's cold weather. You're out there, still be due? Can there be trades and shorts today? Every light an actor a badge of honor, wearing that they're moving something.
Speaker 4: I'm doing nan and blankets on the way to work.
Speaker 3: Like you, trades, You're more than welcome to borrow mine now a blanket if you want. All right, So, tradies, that next week is few, so it's stuff like there will be like a parallel parking test with the trader we've got.
Speaker 4: I think we've done a great job of making it broad across all trades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not just going to.
Speaker 4: Suit carpenters better than it's going to suit plumbers better than it's going to suit electricians. It's even across the board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so trades, we need you. This is your event up for grabs. This is a bragging right. She'll be the king of all trades in Melbourne and or should get five thousand dollars in cash thanks to Sudden Tools helping Aussie spills for over one hundred years. Drill the Aussy way drill with Sudden Tools so you can win five thousand dollars next week.
Speaker 8: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 7: It is on when trades go to war, only one can rule them all. Ship's Pricki's head here, who's the sharpest in the shed, flooring, filing, framing, fences?
Speaker 6: Cash?
Speaker 3: He's cant and feef for breakfast?
Speaker 5: Trade ees?
Speaker 3: Time for more? Godie is one? You're fighting for five thousand dollars up for grabs us. Next Friday we will crown the ultimate trade. Who is he going to be? Could it be you? Only if you get involved in nine four one four one four three good one into chantel Christian Man, Lady Trading and a gardener? Is there going to be a lady trading division of the trading games? Know all the welcome because us what's better than a trade? A lady trading? Gardeners are the best Trade's haven't heard any of the show so far. That's because we're too busy actually working. Gardeners are awesome, why we keep working even in the rain. Other trades are a little whimps. You back up and go home first drop of rain. Two we actually clean up after ourselves and usually other trades too. Three we usually end up doing a bit of energy trade. Anyway, we're that great. Plus it looks like it's going to be raining next Monday, us guardens will be okay. I'll have the advantage. Ps. I called Rio yesterday morning, said he called me back after eleven m and he didn't. Just like a guy to get your number and never call back. Wink wing wing face, angry face. I love Chantelle, I love the car chantew that's very good. Now everyone's welcome for the trading games. One O four three Jacob, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 11: Here you going.
Speaker 3: I'm good. So first of all, what trade would you be representing?
Speaker 11: Oh they got good old carpenter's mate.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And who do you work for? You've got your own business, give yourself a plug?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so we've been.
Speaker 11: I've been I work for myself for Flight Out carpentry.
Speaker 10: With the home renovations and some new builds, but mainly renovations.
Speaker 3: Mate says that he's doing like those new builds.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, too much, too much.
Speaker 11: I'm working around for those sorts.
Speaker 8: Day.
Speaker 4: Too much paperwork. Play the council.
Speaker 3: That's it, mate, they get any don't hate the player. And so why do you think you might win it next week? Get the five thousand dollars and be crown the winner.
Speaker 11: Oh mate, you know I'm only twenty four.
Speaker 10: I've been doing it since I was sixteen, and I'm young and fit made.
Speaker 11: I reckon I could take them down.
Speaker 3: Yep. And you know one degree today you're still going out in site today. You're going to be in shorts or too cold.
Speaker 12: No mate, pants and a T shirt for me today, and yet we'll be going out T shirt.
Speaker 3: You're going to mean a T shirt out there?
Speaker 11: Yeah, gotta get him out, mate, got to get him out.
Speaker 3: Turns out weather's out, doesn't matter, all right, Jacob, I love you. It could be you next week joining us. Okay, well done, right, thanks Christian, Tame, thank you all right? Who you got here? Jason? Good morning, Good morning, Christian? How are we good? Sounds like are you already on site? Or are you just falling around the kitchen?
Speaker 11: Mate.
Speaker 13: I've been going since one o'clock this morning, when all the other trades have been sleeping. So we're keeping the community, said, and serving lots of lots of hot pies and pastries.
Speaker 3: So so where are you working? Where do you work at this one am?
Speaker 11: Yeah? So I'm a baker and I've got a shop in Albert Park.
Speaker 3: The bus is wanting a baker. Listen, you guys working hard? Have you not building the house wearing the cakes coming?
Speaker 4: Don't get it wrong. You're a neat part of society.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent, hundred percent.
Speaker 4: But I wouldn't call you a trade.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't call you a trade.
Speaker 11: You wouldn't call us a trade.
Speaker 3: Well, you're.
Speaker 11: Your apprenticeship.
Speaker 3: Make it back. We haven't and you have any drawn. We're actually doing for three You know.
Speaker 11: You would, You would know what it's like being early. There's a lot of people that you guys way.
Speaker 3: Earlier than us. You get way up. I mean, of course it is a trade, but I guess what we're talking about. The construction trades.
Speaker 11: Well, I think i'd i'd give them a good trade for the money.
Speaker 3: So I love this imagine if we go next week. Imagine if Jason, actually you went buddy right and all these other carpenters, right, guy wins is the guy makes bunks. Shame on you, trades. Do you know what I like around to this?
Speaker 4: Actually, I can picture us all on the starting line on Monday, and they're all in hive vias of their boots and you're in your chef's hat.
Speaker 11: When I'm giving them a good, good run.
Speaker 3: So, Jason, you.
Speaker 4: Believe he's the first one. He's a baker, the first one in.
Speaker 3: He's a baker. He's been going since one a m I love the spirit. The first one on that start line come Monday is a baker.
Speaker 11: Ready to go? Are you ready to go? Christian good Man?
Speaker 3: Bring some cakes along as well. What's the name of the bakery? Where are you?
Speaker 11: It's the Brummy Bakery and Albert Park just on dun Place.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know where you guys are. Yes, are you just near the what's the restaurant? Is it Dunder and Fast next door?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I know, very nice. Yeah, I might pop in today on the way. Actually, line, Christian, we could talk. We could talk, all right, Jason, I'm glad I picked you, all right, trades. We've just recruited our first trady, Carler Bryner.
Speaker 8: Knows you're listening to the question. You know, Carl's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Trade E's we're looking for you.
Speaker 7: When trades go to war, only one can rule them all. Chippy's prickies head to here. Who's the sharpest in the show because he's worrying filing, framing fences cash, He's canton fief for breakfast trade ees.
Speaker 3: Time for more. Godie is one. You're fighting fur trading games next week on the show. Five thousand dollars up for grabs. Events, designs around what you guys do nine four one four one o four three. Lots of you calling in this morning. That's you love that you know a jack Psyche is sometimes a real cheerleader for the show. We'll just starting go into a trader. I'm really sorry, we're getting so many cools. We can't put you on next. I didn't think it'll be this popular. It's great sharing studio, great having that guy in the boat with you every day. Go figure. Don't people like it again? Don't give teeth anyway? Have you heard the Amish Andy Show? That is a show that's a listen.
Speaker 14: Go to.
Speaker 3: You did actually say, actually say that that's surprising Silk. Good morning, Seal morning.
Speaker 11: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: We're good? So what trade do you represent? What do you do for a living? Sealm?
Speaker 11: I'm a chippy.
Speaker 9: She's been doing it for a few years, so I've acquired a certain skill set taken we pretty much as a tradeing we're probably at the top of the pyramid. Factor, if you can't get to a can I put it to be on the right side, you're going to get a gude of city out And chickies are probably there.
Speaker 11: As far as I said.
Speaker 3: The top of the pyramid, what kind of pyramid is it? Pyramids of big and stumbling salby money and don't make a strong case, but I like you. Chippies work hard, right, they do absolutely.
Speaker 11: As far as the smartest squies, they're probably the ones here. So now why do a bit of everything?
Speaker 3: Why do all chippy say that they're the smartest ones? Do you have to study longer at carpentry school?
Speaker 11: Well, not only do we have to study longer, we have to know a bit of everything. At the end of the day, we have to teach slarkies what to do, plumbers, what to do, where to go, they to do these things, to do those things.
Speaker 3: That this is fighting talk and I love it and Silby, are you in good shape? I mean the events are designed more really about the kind of things that you would do, like what do you like at parking a trailer? Can you do that quickly? Under pressure?
Speaker 11: Under pressure? The Trunds have been doing it since I was fifteen, So.
Speaker 3: All tradees like to throw back to when they're a teenager, Jacob, only since I was sixteen. I came out the womb in a trainer, reversing it with my eyes close.
Speaker 4: You can't just chuck everyone in straight away?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 3: All right, Selp, you're in beautiful, get in seals in the trading games. Just go to word Jay. Good morning. There we go, Jay, Good morning all how are we on there? We're very good, Jay?
Speaker 14: What do you do?
Speaker 3: What trading? Are you?
Speaker 11: Actually?
Speaker 15: I'm a Hebel installer and external cleanning that goes on the houses.
Speaker 3: What is Hebel then? Is that the material?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 16: It is.
Speaker 15: Actually it's instead of brick, it's actually a seventy five mile six panel, six hundred wide by about three point three high, weighing one hundred and ten kilos. Yeah, you got to carry him from the front to the back. So a little bit of legs, drink, a little bit of arm muscle doesn't hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, j Before when I spoke to you on the phone, you said it was eighty kilos. Now it's bumped up to one hundred and ten.
Speaker 3: Brothers in my head on there.
Speaker 15: Yeah, got to rove the taller panels in, not the smaller one.
Speaker 3: All right, you got a little bit, sure, got upgraded. I've never heard of a hebel then, So that's hard work doing that all day.
Speaker 15: Yeah, ready, actually, but yeah, a little bit of legs, drink, a little bit of arm huffle.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's all pretty.
Speaker 15: Well good up here at Mount Macedon. We're at the moment minus three, so yeah, kicking them off in T shirts and shorts would probably get the manking here.
Speaker 3: Four side.
Speaker 4: Are you really in short in minus three temperature?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 15: By the time you lift ten or twenty off, yeah, you're warm up pretty quick.
Speaker 17: Jack.
Speaker 3: Oh so there's three thousand kidos each one. Yeah, those are the little one that's small.
Speaker 15: Jay, you're in, thanks my friend, no.
Speaker 3: Thank you, my friend cladding in cladding. Watch out, he's the wild card laugh. All right, Jay, you're through, Well done mate, Thanks champion. All right, So that's her works any So if you want to represent your trade email us. Now we're moving on. We've got the news coming up with Patsy Christian at Christian o'connall dot com dot au.
Speaker 8: Look, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it. How are you, Neil?
Speaker 8: Welcome to the nineties.
Speaker 18: I'd like to say I make this look good, Melissa Sheffield, this nineteen ninety.
Speaker 19: You can't handle the true co op, say her. Christian O'Connell's eight Z of the Nineties.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Baby, everywhere we're pulling about the nineties, going through the alphabet, we land on the letter.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 3: So we just malade. Robbie Williams fell some great songs lined up this hour. We've got to separate Robbie Williams and Ronan Keating. They're like two powerful magnets. Have you ever seen them in the same room. They never shared the same stage. They can't. It's irresponsible on the radio show to put them back to back. So closing out the hour, well, it is Roning waiting in the Oh the Letter, Restaurants and home Video recordings. Let's get into restaurants for the nineties. To me, restaurants in the nineties, it was all about Pizza Hut. I remember when Pizza Hut came to the town that I grew up, and it was big news. It was like Hollywood had come to town, right, it was huge. I went there for a birthday and my dad took me there and I actually felt like I was on in an America movie. It was such a big thing, right, Do remember the adverts hit the Hut. I couldn't believe I was actually having the big sort pizza them was that deep dish kind of Chicago style.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was so deep now because we only ate Pizza Hut as our main pizza when I was a kid, I didn't know about thin pizza until my later on in life.
Speaker 3: Thin crust. At first, I was suspicious, like that they ripping us off hereza where it's all that heavy dough that's got no flavor whatsoever. And I remember actually going on a date with a girlfriend to Pizza Hut to impress her, because in the nineties you would do that. If you're dating someone now and you go to Peta to Hut, there's no second date is there, You're like, you're down on your luck. I went out with him where you go Pizza Hut. I don't think he's doing very well at the moment.
Speaker 4: But the great thing about Pizza Hut. In the nineties were there eating restaurants where you could go to the self served deserve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for like six barks.
Speaker 3: I were thinking, like, how they are they? Okay, this socking keep going up. I've just been up for the fifth time.
Speaker 4: This is the best date ever.
Speaker 3: What are the restaurants when you think nineties, what does it sum up to you?
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of all of all you can eat restaurants. The other two that we went to were Sizzler and Small Geese, And honestly we were as me and my brother were so excited to get to the dessert bar that we were right.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like Christmas Eve, you know that white heat excitement you get because it was a real tree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you ran the soft serve machine yourself and you.
Speaker 2: Could go there first forget about first course.
Speaker 4: That No, Well, my parents said you have to eat all your dinner before you go, so like we would like down pizza and then there's jelly cubes. Yes, soft serve, all the sprinkles, the chocolates on top. It's so sad that all you can eat restaurants through a thing in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember as well. I wasn't I as well into being a grown up. I actually went to a restaurant that had three courses. I was like, do you that sound like a something called a starter? And I was like, what's the starter for?
Speaker 4: We all go like pigs to a trot.
Speaker 3: Yea, we eat what we was a starter should order? And then even ordering dessert that never happened as a kid. I parents don't have the money from it that My dad always gave this accuse. He would say, we don't have the time, and it was never when we got home, it's like, here plenty time, this sort of watch TV, watch a big rush to get back. Even now on the menu, when I see the kids a wife looking at dessert, part of me stort thinks you can't.
Speaker 4: It's instinctively.
Speaker 3: I rarely all dessert just raised that way. There was the height e euction. We can't have that would be financially ruined. Who's going to pay for it?
Speaker 8: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Ages of the nineties or the letter are this we're talking about restaurants of the nineties. Chat was talking about Sizzler just now. I just found this.
Speaker 21: Well, where too for lunch? I know where I want to go for lunch. I don't want to spend a lot of money. Not fast food, fast food, definitely not fast food.
Speaker 10: But I don't want to.
Speaker 8: Spend a lot of time.
Speaker 9: So we're too for lunch tomorrow.
Speaker 8: How about Paris for lunch?
Speaker 2: I don't want to spend a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Seafood Saladin.
Speaker 4: They said one too many times that it wasn't fast food, which makes me think it was fast.
Speaker 3: They were all marketed as that, weren't they fast food restaurants? And then Pizza Hut. I'll have some pizza. I have some pizza too, and pasta, yea pasta, and have that a bit of grain selling on the side.
Speaker 8: And there we'll act some dessert.
Speaker 7: Do you want the works?
Speaker 3: The works? Well, the pizza, pasta, salad and dessert.
Speaker 8: You can eat five ninety five at lunch and seven.
Speaker 3: Ninety five for dinner.
Speaker 8: Yeah, five n ninety five from Pizza Hut.
Speaker 4: Those prices are unbeatable. Remember the works?
Speaker 3: All right? Nine four one four one oh four to three. Anything to do with the restaurants this morning. Let's go to Aaron.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Aaron, Good morning, Grish there you're going.
Speaker 3: I'm good mate. Welcome to the show. So restaurants in the nineties.
Speaker 12: Yes, so Ballarat actually still has a we can eat pizza cobrating, the decorder, stains, the food, everything is all the first stage.
Speaker 3: They're from the nineties.
Speaker 11: Change from the nineties.
Speaker 3: Barratt is full of Yodi weldy yody weody pizza. Hut.
Speaker 4: We have to make a pilgrimage.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is amazing. We should hire a coach and go with us and take some listeners as well, just to go a pizza and then come back.
Speaker 11: We can eat the whole lot.
Speaker 3: And have you been there recently or just seen it? Aaron?
Speaker 11: No met two years ago, still went.
Speaker 3: What was the pizza like again?
Speaker 11: Past loco? Still from the nineties.
Speaker 3: Nothing, Aaron, that's a great one. Thank you very much. For give us a cool mate. No Phil, good morning Phil. Here you go, good Phil and Phil restaurants. What have you got for us?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 22: Used to go the Swag and Beck in the seventies Inferantry Galley. Yeah, that was a big, big, smallstord place. But you had to take your drinks right. So when orange juice was like two dollars fifty, I'm being a bit tight. I used to get the oranges off the displays, taking back the table, cut them in app and squoze me orange.
Speaker 3: Shit. Well we I mean this feels like a story from past, doesn't it. Yesterday we heard about taking a toaster on holiday squeazy orange to save what two bucks? Phil us a lot of money back? No it wasn't. It was two bucks. Feel you, my hero, that is a great story. I'll send you a place for Okay, thank you. Let's say let's send him two dollars actually, so we can shout himself and no jail on us. Lance, Good morning, Lance, Good morning, good Lance. So restaurants, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: On a day to a restaurant with a young lady and that I was tacking to the meal and mishell a net And the next thing I see is a pulling in text. Thank goodness and get grasshopper in my sellar. But we ended up getting the entire meal for free from the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Do you know what pretty good scam? If you just brought some grasshopers just chuck them in the salads. Great free meal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, quietly, matter of fight, they said, Oh they just changed your cellar supplies.
Speaker 3: Got your lands all right, Lance, Thank you very much for cool I have. You know, sometimes you get a pizza based and you roll it really thin, and you keep rolling it, it starts to get a bit of gat pizza. That was now producer Tom, that's got an amazing story about You know, Younger people might be listening right now, going, oh, come on, you know, it can't have been that exciting to go to just a pizza restaurant in the nineties. It really was. It was a big, big deal. It was like Christmas Eve.
Speaker 4: You had free access to the dessert bar. Can I say that again? You ran the soft serve machine yourself?
Speaker 3: Did you? Guys also find that it was very hard tooever, get your dad out of the house to go to a restaurant. Why were they so reluctant to go to a restaurant? So I've taken him to the gallows and my mom's telling him that a friend of mine had been to the new Chinese restaurant when I grew up. My dad just went sounds weird. What do you mean not fish and chips or Chinese fish and chips, but it's fish and chips, Chinese fish and chips. What else? What could there be? Some Tom, please tell them about how excited you got as an eight year old.
Speaker 20: So I had my eighth first day the pizza hut all you can eat at Saint Luke's in Auckland, New Zealand, and it was me three mates, my best mate Dan Monroe, and we basically went feral when we went in there.
Speaker 3: You would do you ate someone? You're basically in Wonka's place?
Speaker 4: It was a lord of the flies definitely.
Speaker 20: And I talked to my mum about this and she said that when we had finished the mains tour, Dan Monroe and I grabbed the full veggie pizza which no one had touched.
Speaker 3: No one ever touched that veggie pizza. It was like getting stale there during the day, wasn't it.
Speaker 20: We stripped the veggie pizza of all the toppings, took it to the ice cream bar and covered it in ice cream to make an ice cream pizza.
Speaker 3: This is an outtake of Willy Wonka, right, And then what happened? You get thrown out?
Speaker 20: Well, we tried to eat it all and then obviously made ourselves violently sick.
Speaker 4: And we were probably asked to leave.
Speaker 3: I've just seen there's a pizza Hut the nearest one to us. Do you know there's actually quite a few pizza huts still going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you they're the smallies. Don't get tricked by front What do you mean you can't even sit in. They don't have tape takeaway, so they're just for the delivery.
Speaker 3: Guys to see the one nearest sustaurant. There's one in Pranz so that's not Peter.
Speaker 4: No, you get tricked. Don't get your hotel.
Speaker 3: They exist now as takeaway.
Speaker 4: You can hear Peter Hut delivery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really who or does pizza Hut takeaway?
Speaker 4: Obviously people are really I thought everyone.
Speaker 3: Just went Dominos or ony of the your local ones. Peter, Just try to mind. I'm happy to buy everyone Friday a Pizza Hut takeaway. Peter. Let's go back to the nineties.
Speaker 8: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So to do with the letter R or so let's talk about home video recordings. These days now it's so easy to record your favorite TV shows. I said one click on the remote. But years ago in the nineties, First of all the VHS player itself, which is a big ass, bulky machine. Then there was the cassette. You either had the sixty, one hundred and twenty or the one hundred and eighty in terms of the recording length. And then one that trickiest things in the world. I reckon that even people that worked for NASA would struggle to set that video time right, and it certainly was the beyond the skill set of my dad. He would always say to me, and I don't worried, so you go out. It's okay. Yeah, I will record zena Princess Warrior for you. And then I come back excitedly and watch a new episode and all I get is the first ten minutes, and they would go back to another one of his episodes of Antiques Road Show.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I do blame the television channels, though, because if you set it to start an eight thirty and they started eight forty because something.
Speaker 3: Sport the news is normally sport, a spawning fixture would overrun that's what it normally was, and so suddenly it would wipe off the first twenty minutes of Sein failed.
Speaker 4: I don't want the creaking I want Sea.
Speaker 3: Then they tried to update it. In the nineties were something awful called video Plus. Do you remember some binary code where you could program that in and it was supposed to then find the show. It was useless. Video plus Video video Plus was an absolute nightmare. Every TV show and the listenings had it's like a secrets of the numbers that were like eighteen on and you used to have to pro and then it would somehow record a show. The hit and miss rate was what absolutely wild. Then if you did record something, did you have like your own video cassettes and your brothers and sisters had their own ones, and you used to write on them my view, do not watch? That was it do not watch about five exclamation marks, do not record over and you put off the little tabs. But then you could easily get your sisters on this sellotape over them and you record whatever shows you want.
Speaker 4: That was ongoing war at our house. Is there a finite number of tapes and there was more things that we wanted to record that you had to choose something like Dad's grand final footage. Yes, and you want to record over that? My brother and I filled up so many VHS tapes for the month free trial that we had of Foxtail as a kid. Mom and Dad said, we're not keeping it, we're just doing the month free.
Speaker 3: You've inherited that because you're still I remember you you watched Stam for four weeks and Disney plus you do the four week thing, and then you're the guy that.
Speaker 4: Never got I got to collect all my recommendations for one streaming service and watch them in that month and then it's out.
Speaker 3: So what did you record?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 4: I remember call recording hours and hours of The Simpsons on Fox Line, especially on the weekends that had marathons we had. There was a tree House of Horrors marathon that went the whole weekend, so we would we filled up the VHS tapes. We said goodbye to Foxtail at the end of the month, and then we just watched them for the next ten years.
Speaker 3: Those Treehouse of Horror episodes are some of the finest comedy ever. Patsy, did you have any nightmares about recording stuff?
Speaker 6: Well, Chris recorded over my dibuit on video when he recorded Hey Hey it's Saturday.
Speaker 4: It's TV history. The final episode my.
Speaker 6: Debut on video check. So now Audrey can't see her mother in her finest is that?
Speaker 3: Is that a bad thing?
Speaker 4: That photo is sure with the huge shoulder pads.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, I have to that one. You're playing pro football. It's Joe Maddon.
Speaker 4: This is the one where you took your cousin as a day Yes, Jack, my cousin.
Speaker 3: I think it's best you don't want your daughter seeing. Now who's that guy that looks a lot like you him?
Speaker 18: I come, clead us, go away, go away, rag off O'Connell's time.
Speaker 3: Look. Oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Moved me into the news. Did you make out with your cousin? That's what we're talking about. Your next twenty minutes, Carl Brager.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the Questian o'carl's show podcast.
Speaker 3: So big week this week from my eldest daughter turned eighteen on Sunday. Turning eighteen is all about driving tests. Freedom, freedom, freedom to take off and get out of there from mom and dad. It is a driving test today at nine fifth we a big chat. Yesterday we went what she said will be the last drive together where she has the l plates on and she was even getting out the peaplate ready to put it on. She's already earmarked her first trip today after the test. Obviously, I hope she passed. There's no reason why she shouldn't. She's a really good driver. Is to drive herself to school. She came on yes soon as I. That is the last day I'll ever got on the school bus to go to school. Do you remember it was all about it was a really big thing, passing your driving test. And I had to sit down and say, look, you probably will pass. You're a really good driver. However, if you don't I did the first time, I said, you're still It's a moment in a million moments of your life. You'll be disappointed, you be gutted, but you will bounce back. Did you You also failed first time? Failed first time, and you are gutted, aren't you?
Speaker 4: You are because you don't you already plan all the things you're going to do once you've got road trips.
Speaker 3: You feel like your future has been denied.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, because you then you have to fail, and then you have to book it and it's all booked.
Speaker 3: And Dad giving you a lift, plus all your friends that you've grown up with. A passed yeah, yeah. Did you pass first time?
Speaker 2: Failed?
Speaker 3: So we birth second time? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just remember the shame.
Speaker 3: It was like, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Wanted to lie to my friends and say no, I didn't actually take my test.
Speaker 3: How are you going to keep that going? I'm just having it detailed at the moment, it's been half a year. At the moment, oh when they get it out that to Reno, not that invisible girlfriend. She's just outstate.
Speaker 4: At the moment, I was a minor offense as well. I felt like he could have let me go. I drove through a zebra crossing.
Speaker 14: That's.
Speaker 4: But got to run someone over.
Speaker 3: I mean, I said, the standard driving is pretty bad. But if you pass that off as a minor offence, what's a major. I plowed through a school kids get out the way.
Speaker 4: There weren't people crossing on it. They were people waiting to cross to let you drive.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But also I was explaining to Christian before the show, my I was with my instructor in his car, so he gave me five lessons and then we were were doing the driving lesson in his car. He was talking to the guy who was marking me the whole time. He was actually distracting me, so I felt like he was a hindrance Rather.
Speaker 2: No, but they do that to put you in at ease.
Speaker 3: That's Ruby's doing. The guy who she's been a brilliant driver instructure, right, called Michael. He's in so she's doing the test in his car, so he's in a passenger seat, right, He's a real calm, laid back guy.
Speaker 4: And then markets in the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So in the UK you can't have any of that. The the the driving examiner gets him with you and it's straight away. It's really it's intimidating because you know you're being judged. And I was just that they're staring at you side on the whole time with that clickboard to death and they're just you know if that's the if that's them, they're just itching to fail one more bozo.
Speaker 4: Well they didn't even let me finish the test. Did they let you finish?
Speaker 3: In the UK, even if you know you felled, you still got to do the whole lonely hour. I remember, right, I was so emotional. I knew I'd screwed up. It's only on one thing that's called reversing around the corner. You had to reverse round a corner.
Speaker 4: That skill for it.
Speaker 3: I know reverse in the corner. I mounted the curb and if you do that, you knew that, then you you and your will was not allowed to touch the curve for reason, I still had to do another forty minutes in the know like this is just a waste of time. Now I failed.
Speaker 4: At least they told me to pull over straight away. And he started tapping the clipboard.
Speaker 2: Because you nearly killed someone on the crossing.
Speaker 3: And did you have to do this? Riby said, the first ten minutes you're outside, they're outside the car, you're in the car. They go, they go, five lights on. Yeah, left indicator on night before, I guess the airplane. So there's ten minutes have just been barked at. Yeah, you know where all the buttons are.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, we have.
Speaker 3: Some amazing tickets to give to you after eight o'clock this morning. He's coming back to see us again. Hell Don John John John bel jun John. It's up all nightmaking out. Don't laugh. Elton John is coming back for encore shows for his mega global Farewell Yellow Bit Road Tour, playing Amy Park Friday, January the thirteenth. It's so amazing now that all these international megastars are coming back to Australia. Biddy joel in December with Saturday Night December, the tenth Elm John Friday Night at Amy January thirteenth, twenty twenty three tickets go and sell midday Monday, August one at As. What used to say in radio and I want to get here, go get a pen handy. Oh zed end zed, this isn't a spam Sarit've set up okay to get click click money, oho, said dot zed dot Elkinjohn dot com.
Speaker 4: I've gone to the seller. It is safe.
Speaker 3: Ellen's there, Sada's pajama's waiting for you to start giving him money so can buy some clothes. Oh zed nz dot Elm John dot com. The good news in there now as we have a double pass a pair of tickets to go and see Elton John in January at Amy.
Speaker 8: Part on this say no business like show business.
Speaker 23: My grandfather wrote to Sydney, Swans Scene Soul to my wife when she was growing up to her neighbor plied the bag pie forward you all the boys.
Speaker 8: My grandfather invented the fretter frog.
Speaker 16: My grandfather us the toolmaker who made the first mold for the first.
Speaker 8: THREADO Frog Christian O'Connell's Weakest Close to Fame.
Speaker 3: It's all about the Fredo but the nineties, is it? It's Aboutlfredo frocks last week on the Claim to Fame? All right, so lines open. Now, what is your weakest claim to fame? On nine four one four one O four three. The best one we get all the best weakest one we get in the next thirty minutes on the show. Then you win the very first pair of tickets to go and see Elton John live at Amy Part on nine four one four one O four to three. Remember if you've never called into the four and you think, of God, this is really really really like wait for thin, this is really weak. No claim to fame is ever too weak for us.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Elon John is coming back to Australia and New Zealand here in Melbourne Amy Park in the new year. Tickets go and sell August one o zenz dot Elton John dot com. You can win the very first pair of tickets on Today's Weakest Claim to Fame nine one one O four three. No claim to fame is ever too weak for us, Don John John John, all right, Chris, good morning. What is your weakest claim to fame for us? Chris, good morning.
Speaker 14: My weakest claim to fame, as my grandfather cleaned Bold, Sir Donald Bradman was an inswinging Yorka into the middle stunt, and my father used to tell everybody working into every conversation.
Speaker 3: You would but gave you would you'd have to. How could you not? It's amazing fact that you were commentating on it right there.
Speaker 11: And then that's exactly right. I did ask Pop before he died whether it was true or not, and he said it sounds like something I did.
Speaker 3: I'm sure those weren't your dad's last words, but what great last words. And I love that that, even on possibly his deathbed. You go, Dad, Dad? Was that? Bs? Did you really the Bradman thing? Did you really? Clean Bold?
Speaker 11: Apparently happened in Cannes, and I couldn't believe that, brother will come to king.
Speaker 3: I want to live in a world. Well that actually happened, though, To be honest, Chris, I want to believe this story. I'm going to presume it's true. We'd all do that. Yeah, yes, all right, Chris, thank you very much. She cool, have a good day. Thank you you too, Kathy. Good morning, Good morning, Hey Kathy.
Speaker 16: My weakest client to same is Steve Tyler. Gave my bestie and myself the bird.
Speaker 3: Why did he flip you the bird? The aerosmith singing guitarist.
Speaker 16: We're in New New Orleans who in the same restaurant as he was, and my girlfriend just loved him. And as he left, we decided to leave at the same time, and we were following him for as he got onto the other side of the road, he turned back and gave us the finger with a big smile on his face.
Speaker 3: That's so much better than a boring wave. Tomorrow on the show, has the staff flipped you the bird? Say you're in a very rare category that a megastaff on the World's Biggest Plants has actually flipped than the bird. That is incredible.
Speaker 10: Now we were happy with ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should be all right, Kathy, Thanks you cool mate. Thank you Johnny, Johnny, how are you Christian? Oh? Good Johnny, Johnny? What's your weekss claim to fame? All right?
Speaker 11: So mine is Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 10: So my brother is a paramedic who lives in Canada, and they got to call out to a house one day for a gentleman who'd fallen down in the bath.
Speaker 11: So my brother rocks up.
Speaker 10: He's walking down the hallway and there is just photo after photo plastic down this hallway of Ryan Reynolds. My brother was thinking, you know what's going on here. You know, this lady must really love Ryme Ronalds. So they're walking down. They treat the patient anyway, and then it turns out that house that lady is.
Speaker 11: Ryan reynolds mum.
Speaker 10: So they were in Ryan reynolds mum's house and there's just photos just placid everywhere.
Speaker 3: Canadian mom of your son Ryan, Yep, yep, all right, okay, that's a lovely one, Johnny. Thank you very much and cool no thanks, take care well.
Speaker 8: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every week we look for your week Clean to fame business like show business.
Speaker 23: My grandfather wrote to Sydney Swan's stream song my wife.
Speaker 11: When she was growing up, her neighbor played the bag pie forward you all the boys.
Speaker 8: My grandfather invented the Freda frog.
Speaker 16: My grandfather was the toolmaker who made the first mold for the first Freda frog.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell's weakest clean to.
Speaker 3: Fame David, Good morning, mon, Christian.
Speaker 13: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, David, thanks for cool on the show mate. What have you got for a week clean to fame?
Speaker 10: My weakest client to fame is I wore a little low cup blouse owned by Celine Dion Jeous.
Speaker 11: So I used to work at the golf course. She's a mad golfer.
Speaker 10: She came out to Australia where Titanic was huge, to promote her song and she did an interview with sixty minutes and one of the waitresses at our work had to get her clothing and prepare it before the interview. So I snuck out and grabbed it, chucked it on and ran into the kitchen, flexing muscles, looking like that skinny white guy from not In.
Speaker 11: Hill in front of the media.
Speaker 10: Yes, and then got it a funny thing. All the boys couldn't stop laughing, and I couldn't get it off because I was a lot bigger than slean down. I almost ripped the shirt. But the funny thing is I told mum beforehand that she was coming, so she went out and got her CD and I got it fine in my name brought at home and Mum was like, you don't even like her.
Speaker 4: So, David, if we watched the sixty minutes interview with Celendion from the nineties, would we see them?
Speaker 10: You may see some buttons about the pop.
Speaker 3: You're right, David, how many times if you ever done that for Joe? Were you try and like your wife's top or something and it's very small and then it doesn't get any funny because you can't get out of it. I can't get it over.
Speaker 8: Know.
Speaker 3: She was a mad golfer either, so.
Speaker 10: Well, it was funny because she actually went to play it. She went to play at Lloyd Williams's golf course, but he wouldn't let her film there because it was almost a brand new course. So she came to our course, which was pretty prestigious as well. But yeah, so she did the interview with us and then went and played at Lloyd Williams's course.
Speaker 3: Amazing old places. Some of those golf clothes aren't the it's a brand new tripods on the green Selene, Who is it? David? Great story epics might be enough to get you out on John tickets. We'll let you know. Thank you very much. Have we got here Corey.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good morning him. How are you going?
Speaker 3: Corey? And Weekes clean to fame?
Speaker 24: My weekess claim to fame is I was yelled at by Eddie McGuire's limo driver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good old Eddie. Why don't you yelled at my Eddie McGuire's limo driving.
Speaker 11: We were staying at Crown.
Speaker 24: I was staying with my mum and as I was crossing it, about five or sixty years old and just taking my sweet time crossing the road and I sort of stumbled a little bit and the window came down on a limo and yeah, I just got told to get off the road.
Speaker 25: Mister maguire needs to leave right now. Get out of the way, small child, stumpy. I see ow the Wolf four Street. The brutality of.
Speaker 4: This, it's like mister Burns Cory, that's a great one.
Speaker 8: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Veronica Martin, listening at work to the show Christian My weakest going to fame. I used to babysit. You might recognize this name, Jackie Boy Andrew Welsh for the Bombers in two thousands. Christian Arms showing my age jack right, remember him Veronica, and we should do a special one day of babysitting the stars. Every couple of weeks we get some good ones. Actually, all right, last few calls. Who we got here? David? Good morning, David, Good morning, Christian. How are you? We're good, David, Welcome to shows. So you've got a week claim to fame for us?
Speaker 17: Yes, my week claim to famous. I was stuck in trapped in an elevator with Stephen King for about five minutes.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, one of the most successful authors in the world. Where was this in America?
Speaker 11: Yes, this was in New York.
Speaker 17: She's only going for a smoke break on the elevator. On the way down, doors open, Stephen King is in front of me. I'm a huge Stephen King thing, trying not to fanboy. He steps on my foot and he's like, well, I'm sorry. I'm like, oh no, that's quite all right, Neil.
Speaker 11: All good.
Speaker 17: Elevator doors close, and then the elevators that thing where it just abruptly stops. There's a little jerking up and down and we're stuck.
Speaker 3: This feels like the plot of one of his movies, Misery in a lift. Stuck with a super fan me in one of your books, and we'll start to lift again.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and exactly, and that that point he turns to his companion as we're all stuck, and he just starts narrating the story he's like, and then the cord snaps and the elevator goes plummeting down the shaft and everybody dies, And I'm just staying there, going, this is so awesome.
Speaker 3: What a story for a fan. I mean, yeah, he's supposed to have a really good sense of humor. That's what a great story you've got there.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it was an unforgettable experience, like highlight of working in that building, and were the.
Speaker 3: Most so many great stories you've got there, Just a highlight of working in that building. And you do you go around doing this a lot, don't you trap in famous people and lifts. How long were you in the lift with Stephen King?
Speaker 11: It was about five minutes or so. It took go off for the crew to get the elevator going.
Speaker 17: It wasn't like a major operation, but they got it running, you know, fairly quick.
Speaker 4: Were you hoping that it was longer? Like hours? Two hours? All day?
Speaker 3: You know, got an idea for book, Stephen, It's cool, David, that's me not want to write this down. David, Thank you very much. You cool? All right, Thank you guys, Thanks David, brilliant story. Troy, come on him? Yah, yeah, good Troy. What's your mama? Yellie? Try what's your weakest cakes of fame?
Speaker 11: Colonel Sanders is my great great grandfather's brother.
Speaker 3: Oh how many of these people around the world claim some sort of week to get some of that money?
Speaker 11: No one ever believes me.
Speaker 3: Man, you can add us to the list. Now, Troy, Now, now what evidence have you got? How do you know this? Troy?
Speaker 11: He's on my mother's side.
Speaker 5: Colonel Yeah, it's got great her father's father's brother.
Speaker 4: But Troy, does someone in your family know? Theses?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 22: Well, say that.
Speaker 3: So much? Disbelieve it?
Speaker 4: Do you not even believe we had fun?
Speaker 11: We did?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 3: Try, thank you for giving us a call. Thank now, sadly, why haven't he that guy called in saying that he knows Blitz, the guy who's training you. Oh yeah, you did not someone? And then we say, no claim to fameous two weeks someone called in. Who this week we met a new friend on the show Jack's got into a sport called pickleball, and someone's been coaching like Victoria's best player, called the Blitz.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Aaron Blitz is his real name, and he's Victoria's but it.
Speaker 3: Is not come on, you've become on these wide eyed acolytes at the Cult company David Koresh for he's not called the Blitz.
Speaker 4: Either way, I'm very lucky to be coached at the moment by Aaron Blitz in.
Speaker 3: His throat make you feel that you're very lucky to have them.
Speaker 4: And Jacob rang in and said, guess what I'm my week claim to frame is I'm friends with Aaron Blitz.
Speaker 3: Out of time for that one, All right, ELM John Tickets are going to give them to you, Corey.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good morning, legends.
Speaker 3: We're going to give you the ELM John tickets. Jack to thank you so much, share what you Who's going to get these tickets? Then?
Speaker 11: Ah, So I'm gonna give them to mine Nana.
Speaker 24: She's just had a tough couple of years, so it'd be good to see a smile on fash.
Speaker 3: Good on you. Yeah, Jack told me so. I thought we'd love to give you the tickets. I hope, I hope it changing Nana up knowing that she's going to go and see Elton John in January. Good on your Corey.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys, I appreciate it so much.
Speaker 11: You guys have a lovely day.
Speaker 3: And you Carl A.
Speaker 8: Briner know you're listening to the Christian o' carl show podcast.
Speaker 3: Up and Grabs today and every day this week on the time way, so you can go and see Joseph and the amazing technical of Dreamcoat Musical. This is Areeloyd Webber's classic musical opens at Melbourne's Regent Theater from November. But your tickets now today friends is thank Day. Thank your mechanic, Thank you all mechanics. Mechanic fact incoming. The Queen is a fully trained and qualified mechanic.
Speaker 4: Come on, oh yes she is.
Speaker 3: What round at Windsor Castle you'll often see her. She loves mending cars are all jacked up on wheels, you've got problem with your axle, If you've got like a foreign dignit tree, She'll say, bring your car over, I'll give it quit the well once sober.
Speaker 4: I believe that guy's dad is. I believe the Queen's a mechanic.
Speaker 3: During the Second World War, Queen Elizabeth reportedly begged her father to let her help the cause in some way. He gave an alowder to join the Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service, where she trained as a mechanic and drove a military truck. Kidding, yeah, okay, yeah, all right, so thank the Queen mechanic. All right, So mechanic movies is what we're looking for today. Mechanic movies. What would the mechanic watch? Well, they watched Big.
Speaker 4: End at Bernie's.
Speaker 3: Something on my big End, Big End at Bernie's Weekend at Bernie's. Begin mechanics everywhere going this guy the city slickers, we know it right, Grease Monkeys proms. No, the beg end, it's the big end on the car. The beg end's blowing.
Speaker 4: I've never heard anyone.
Speaker 3: People. I'm calling now, my people will come to me. Big end fans, shout out all the big end fans. Grease Monkey's calling now. Nine four one four one o four three. We all know the term begins. I can't see what eight that is. I can't see what eight that is. No, it's gorillas. Inde missed.
Speaker 4: Oh Yeahgnette Silver.
Speaker 3: Oh that deserves a goal is in Demissed Woody Anna movie now a little bit woody Anna actually, because yeah Spanner and her sisters gold car Zeblanca Gold. I was getting ready to show myself out with that one. That was the other going to go one or the other.
Speaker 4: More obvious ones like that.
Speaker 3: I've got Shakespeare one. Here shall be it? Clutch you do about nothing? Clutch A do about nothing? Yeah, Silver Jackie. Why what's her movies? With a mechanic? Watch?
Speaker 4: Dude, where's my carburetter?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you know you have put an ounce of effort into that bronze.
Speaker 4: That's something they probably would say, the oil ten and Barns.
Speaker 3: They would probably.
Speaker 4: They would if they'd like if they're changing a carburetder and then they're looking around, they're like, dude, where's my Carburette's.
Speaker 3: Go big into Bernie's all right? What else? What are the movies and mechanics watching?
Speaker 4: The oil ten and Barns?
Speaker 3: You ever got aaf We're not being hot miss enough? You go with a where's Anderson movie? All right? I got no bottle rocket one over there?
Speaker 26: Bronze panel beating John Malkovich beat, keeping a car dropped in your head, Bronze at best.
Speaker 4: You know why panda beaders are so busy at the moment. No, no, why is that because of men who steer at coats?
Speaker 3: That's god? You had one in there, garb all the setup, but he got there at the end. He corrected it. He corrected out the nose dive. Well done.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: My daughter is sat at the driving center now ready to take her test in twenty minutes. Time you've got this ruby, you're already good luck? How exciting? How excited? I hope you pass? Then driving her south to school after that, you remember that first trip when you did pass, when you didn't have Mum or Dad at anyone in the car.
Speaker 4: The training wheels are off.
Speaker 3: Yes, time wasted today, Thank your mechanic day. Good morning, Liz. Just email Christian. Jack wouldn't know what a big end is. It's his car doesn't have one. The old Tesla big end is an engine car reference.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Liz, Well, I knowe about engine.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's someone who went what has big end mean? Thank you for stepping in all right, so we're looking for your car. Mechanic movies today nine four one one O four three Best in show wins tickets, go and see Joey in this technic kind of dream coke. Alright, let's find out what movies do you think of? Car Mechanic would be watching.
Speaker 11: Lee, Spark, Plug and Clutch.
Speaker 4: Is that Stusky in Hutch?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Very goodly?
Speaker 14: Gold?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very good, well done. Let's go to Andrew. What's your one? Andrew? A fish cold fish called Honda silver plus. Let's try deb Hi.
Speaker 10: Ten things I hate about super ru.
Speaker 4: I had a super rou Yeah, I think I've had an engine silver.
Speaker 3: Silver for deb Alex. What have you got for us? Lord of the Ring?
Speaker 4: Be boring bronze?
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's awful here in the other side now, actually I now know what it's like the other side. So only when I see them out in about they will start moaning about your marking. This is good, brutal.
Speaker 4: I won't do that again.
Speaker 3: Sorry. I think it's good for you to hear this. Actually, uh Sonya the show Crank Redemption silver. She ain't happy with that. She thought she's holding gold.
Speaker 4: I don't just give golds to everyone.
Speaker 3: It's awkward, Predith.
Speaker 4: Let's hear your goal.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what have you got when Harry service Sally?
Speaker 3: That's good Meredith, very good, Sasha, good morning, Dot Squeak. Oh that's very good. Stewart's what have you got Car Mechanic movie? Jamon Jeep Jeep is very what don Stewie Boy Richards.
Speaker 11: Transmission impossible?
Speaker 3: Oh very good. That does feel like a pan of car mechanic would say to you when you are screwed. Tim uh the leg Go Go movie, ge O Do g O. I just got very good Tim good delivery as well. On the Tim nice one, Kathy, what have you got a car mechanic movie?
Speaker 12: Are Lock Stock and True Smoking Pistons?
Speaker 3: Silver, Yeah, Dale, what have you got? Edward Spimmerhnes funny.
Speaker 4: I like that, but Rio says, I always give Edwards the Hamlets one you.
Speaker 3: You do, I'm giving it's your sweet spot. I think some of them know that as well.
Speaker 4: Silverdale.
Speaker 10: Oh no, uh, Peter, yes, Stuart little Land just for Jackie.
Speaker 3: The little end, you got, the big end, You've got the little there's little k.
Speaker 4: Peter for trying to get a pass.
Speaker 3: And finally car and it's you. What's your car mechenic movie?
Speaker 10: Hi, I've got Lightning McQueen in Credity Cars.
Speaker 4: I didn't get it. Yeah, you know I don't.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 11: That's not goal.
Speaker 3: All right, who wins tickets? Who's best in show?
Speaker 4: Congratulations Stewart for Jamunji.
Speaker 3: Jamunji, very very good. All right, tomorrow's show today, Trade E's. This is an open call for Trade E's next week on the show. It is on trading, Will take on Trading and Baker's They happened earlier on the show. It's the trading games. The trading games, that's what this is, the trading games. Whatever trades you're in, we want you going up against each other. We designed purposely divined events around the stuff that you do on building sites, on renos, all around this city. This is for you. It's the showcase which one of you is the ultimate trad Tomorrow morning calling from city nine four one o four three. If you want to get in there early, email me today. Places are hotting up nine four one oh four three, and you can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU. Can I just say something as well, I don't want to see any more emails today from your mummies. Okay, pick up the phone, your grown ass adults, pick up the phone. Do begin your mum to email me. I have no respect for you. I respect mum, but not you. Come on now, you want me to give you five thousand dollars, I'll give it to your mummy. Okay, take you some pocket money from it. Had ten emails yesterday. My son is six off one. I don't care. Okay. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and say yes, Christian, meet the future winner of the trade Games. We speak tomorrow. Goodluck, have a good day.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast