Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people's today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life un Cut. I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, and this is our radio show where we meet up every Saturday morning on the airwaves across the country. And if you missed it live, which is probably why you're listening to it, here, we package up all the best bits.
Speaker 1: It was such a fun show. It comes out I had a good old chap of Multiple times.
Speaker 3: In his Showy we spoke about Laura's crusty undergarments.
Speaker 2: They were not crusty, Okay, guys, I accidentally don't give it away.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm going to leave a little bread crumb.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say bread krabs, I'm going to leave the little krusty crumb.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I accidentally took something with me to the airport that I wasn't supposed to. And I really wish that when you know, when you check in and they're like, do you have anything flammable or anything weapons? I really wish this was on the list, and then maybe I wouldn't have taken it to the interchecking.
Speaker 3: What you think they'd put krusty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was a weapon.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh that's a weapon.
Speaker 1: Well, I need to get home because I need to find out if I got sent flowers on them.
Speaker 4: It's it's a scam, brute.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it is, but guys, I might I may or may not have a secret ad Myra that has semi flowers and it could be a scam. I highly likely it is.
Speaker 3: Laura isn't convinced.
Speaker 2: Look, okay, if you have flowers, I will eat my pants.
Speaker 1: You're way too quick to tell me that there's no way I would have flowers at home.
Speaker 2: But this is very going to be very obscure for all of you listening right now. But it's all coming off on the show. We're also speaking to Tom and Sarah Jane, who are from the Block. So if you're mad Block fiends, that was on today's show as well. That is it all that and coming up.
Speaker 3: No November Wember, how could you forget? Get no no Nomber? And also we're asking people what their nut numbers are, which is term we've coined.
Speaker 4: It was a lot, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a great segment, which is going to be our little test dummy for No Night November.
Speaker 4: All that is coming up right now.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Saturday morning across the country. It's the Life on Car Radio show with Brittany Hockley and Laura burn And Brittany's a bit shaken or in the song Something's Happened to You.
Speaker 1: I don't know if shaken is the right word, but I have a bone to pick with Laura burn Hey.
Speaker 4: I think she's a bit optimistic, That's what she is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, waiting kick me while I'm down. You know what, I'm not even going to call you Laura Burne anymore. I'm going to call you Laura Bone because.
Speaker 5: If what.
Speaker 4: That is an awful joke. We got canceled because Brittany had a terrible joke.
Speaker 1: Whose side are you want? Okay? I just want to people just happened and like Laura's, you know, one of my best friends, but she really knows where to cut me off at the feet. Okay, I just got a message just a couple of minutes ago in the break and it's from a message it's called go People. I don't know. I don't know these people. Go People. The message says Eden and Bell flower delivery, A beautiful arrangement of flowers is on the way to you. I track it here and then they sent a link. So I opened this message and I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, I'm getting I'm getting some.
Speaker 1: Flowers sent to me. And I read the message out to Laura without missing upbeat. She goes, oh, it's a scam.
Speaker 4: It's a spam message. Don't hit the link.
Speaker 1: Well, hang on, I said, whoa is it? Is it that far fetched that I might be getting a flower delivery that without even a breath, you said it was a scam.
Speaker 2: So I'm here trying to protect you from all of the scam and spam artists.
Speaker 4: There is a whole thing going around at the moment.
Speaker 2: There are so many text messages that are popping up in people's in boxes which.
Speaker 4: Are like, you know, have a link or hyperlink.
Speaker 2: But also, okay, my mum got one recently, and this is I've got to bone peep with my mum. If she's listening today, I finish my bone, Like, okay, we've got a few to pick today with you.
Speaker 1: Is that even at the start of this year just said, Brittany has been a bit optimistic. So I thinking there's somebody like, is it that crazy?
Speaker 3: She hadn't even finished for sure.
Speaker 1: In my defense, I mean, yes, there's not that many people out there that would send me flowers.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, let's how about we do this. Click the link? No, click it? Nope, clicked the leak.
Speaker 1: I can't risk it. And if it takes like at home.
Speaker 4: Click the link.
Speaker 2: If it takes you through to a tracking site, then we know that someone says you Laura will pay for it. If it takes you through to some Nigerian website, then we know that.
Speaker 1: It's not Laura. People from Nigeria want to send me foraster.
Speaker 2: So my mom recently she got a text message, this is two weeks ago that said, like, hi Mom, I've changed my number. Save this number right it was it's a spam number and it's someone who's trying to scam her. Every couple of days, I've been sending a message to my mom just kind of like one checking in on wedding staff, trying to get her attention, no reply. There is scrolls now of me messaging her and her not replying.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like Paul.
Speaker 2: It rings for a couple of times and hangs up. Anyway, I conducted my sister today and I was like, look, this is getting a bit ridiculous. Can you ask mom why she's stopped replying to me? My mom blocked my number because of a spam artist. She blocked my number, and she's been talking to some other person thinking it's.
Speaker 1: Me, So she blocked blocking the scammer. She blocked you, and she speaks somebody, my deary, they're sending me flowers.
Speaker 3: Oh god, all right, be careful of the scams out there, everybody. All right, Laura, and you have a wedding coming up to your poor thing on on your plate? Is your mum even coming to the wedding? It's less than two weeks away. But what happened this week? No excuse involves underwear, a trench coat and a guy you thought was checking you out. It's a messy situation.
Speaker 1: No want to check you out too soon.
Speaker 3: The link we'll do it in the song, Well go on Saturday morning right around Australia. Mouthful food.
Speaker 1: You got to finish your mouthful.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I didn't realize that the song was ending.
Speaker 1: He's got a what are you eating the chicken ships? Alright, why don't you take a mouthful?
Speaker 3: Just before speaking, I thought the song was ending. Welcome everybody. It didn't started my career. Brittany Helt, Laura Burn.
Speaker 4: And it's chewy with a mouthful of falaffel.
Speaker 3: Mits chewy the sound of things today. No, it's been a tough week, clearly for me and for Brandon. For you, Laura, you've you've taken something on board a plane that wasn't necessarily included in the carry on moment gone.
Speaker 1: No, who's taking nine and planes? Pretty continue please?
Speaker 4: Okay. So I had to do a quick trip to Melbourne the other day.
Speaker 3: And that was very I didn't even know you were gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was just a day trip, you know, there and back in and out. Very expensive flights are at the moment though, mind you, that's another story. But I had to get dressed so early because my flight was one of the first ones out at six thirty am. So I got dressed in the dark, and I really like taking with me this. I have this like very long gray trench coat which has a I know the coat well, yeah, and it has it's one of those taie ones, so it's got like a long side because it's so cozy on a flight.
Speaker 4: Also perfect for Melbourne weather.
Speaker 1: It looks great.
Speaker 2: So I had my I wasn't checking anything because it was only a day flight, so I had my carry on luggage. Also was kind of feeling myself like I felt like I looked good on that day. So here I am walking through the airport. I have my trench coat just slung over my arm right and my handbag and that was it. I went through through, I left my house, I got into the Uber. I then got to the airport, got into the terminal, I went through the security checking. This is like an hour and a half of me walking around right. Then I went and got myself a coffee. I went and got myself off a craisont from another cafe, and then I went and sat down at my gate and I then put my coat over the chair and.
Speaker 1: I you spread your seat around. You got around the airport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: As you do you having a great time. You got early for my fly feel myself?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I sit down, I put my coat down, and this guy walks past, and he looks at me, and I'm like, I feel like I don't get checked out at all anymore. I really don't. I feel like I give off very mum vibes and no one ever checks me.
Speaker 3: Notice it. People are checking you, they're not.
Speaker 1: Then he guy checked you out.
Speaker 2: This guy checked me out. But then he kind of looked a bit weird. He didn't really look like he was checking me out. He looked almost like a bit like what the hell is wrong with you? Look on his face? And I was like, oh, that's weird, okay, what's on my face? And then I looked down and there on my trench coat stuck into the tail, like the tie is a pair of dirty undies. Have a photo to show you mis chury. Because I was like, this is this could only happen to me. This is such an unbelievable thing that's happened. I have dirty g string, Like I mean, you couldn't tell that it was dirty.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like it was crunchy or anything. This visually is too much. So but that's what I'm saying. It wasn't you know? It was cray between things that she does sometimes, but this was everyone does sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay, crunchy, this is the cousin thing again.
Speaker 3: Show us the photo hold on airport security. Oh my god, it's very visible.
Speaker 1: Crusty.
Speaker 4: It's not crusty. They would just hang.
Speaker 2: They were literally just hanging. They were stuck into the tie and just hanging off.
Speaker 4: My coat the whole way.
Speaker 2: The guy at security didn't even say anything, and he would have seen them.
Speaker 3: And you were walking around like el Woods with your trench coat d and everyone.
Speaker 1: You know, you're gonna need a spare pair of undies, do you know? Speaking of you've just reminded me of speaking of this airport. So last week was my sister's wedding. It was up north. It was a Scottish wedding. Now, my best friend Simon came up for the wedding and he got pulled up in airport security. Excuse me, so you've got a knife in your bag And Simon was like, I would not travel with a knife. I don't and they're like, well, we need to search your bag. They opened his bag and he has a dagger because the dagger because he's wearing a kilt for a Scottish wedding. A dagger goes in the sock, right, So a dagger is part of the kilt. And so Simon said, oh, yes, sorry, the dagger, sir, it's part of my kilt for a Scottish wedding. And then they said, no worries on your way. And because it was part of no.
Speaker 2: Traditional they also had no problem with my dirty andies either, which is all right.
Speaker 3: We want to know if you can top but what was your embarrassing wardrobe? What was your embarrassing wardrobe malfunction? Calls now thirteen one of six? Five? Do you have crunchy.
Speaker 4: Don't have crunchy?
Speaker 1: Under Maybe Laura could be the next time, sort of a crunching up complex.
Speaker 3: Crunching peanuts.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm going to you're making me feel sick.
Speaker 3: It will take your calls next. The shame is a judgment a little bit right now talking wardrobe malfunctions, although it sort of just is your life in a shambles, like law of birds, because that's the crux of it.
Speaker 4: I'm not sorry.
Speaker 1: So many ways we can go with this.
Speaker 4: Surely you've had a wardrobe malfunction.
Speaker 2: Surely you've been somewhere and you know you accidentally popped out a nipple by accident.
Speaker 3: You know what happened in my HC is actually happening right now. Like final exams.
Speaker 2: Everybody who's doing them, wow from that.
Speaker 4: It's no, it's so stressful.
Speaker 2: I meant that.
Speaker 3: No, I agree. I agree, he's very stressful. And put yourself in my shoes. I'm a performer. I did drama and I was like top of my class.
Speaker 1: Couldn't tell well.
Speaker 3: I was dressing like an old English uniform and it was really really tight because I had to get it from like a costume shop. Anyway, long story shot, I couldn't wear undies because you could see them through the pants and it was Comedia delatte, of course traditional comedian. And I rolled on the stage and my pants and my testicles fell out. That's true story.
Speaker 4: They just squished out the border.
Speaker 3: Did squish they rolled the roll?
Speaker 1: Did Is this something that you could have continued the roll to cover or did everyone see them? Top of the year, But is that why he topped the rail? He really added that extra Knox.
Speaker 2: This is a really inspiring conversation for all the year. Twelve students out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is all right, let's go to renee on thirteen one O sixty five. What was your wardrobe malfunction? High?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi, I'm a swimmer, so I you know, you see on TV and you see those swimmers, are those like really tight race basers on? Had those on. I was standing behind the blocks ready to race, and I was like doing my my pre race warm up. They looked down and they have split at the crotch and I'm about to race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, and you're about to race, and let me guess, were you doing like that froggy one breaststroke?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's real cratchy.
Speaker 4: I was joking, but you were how much of a split are we talking?
Speaker 6: Well, not quite all the way, but I was so worried that, like after the race, because I was doing breaststroke, that it was going to split all the way and I'm going to get out with a stand full of people and I'm just going to flush everyone.
Speaker 2: Very easy access if you need to go to the toilet, though, definitely turning.
Speaker 3: One piece into a two piece. Thank you, Meg. I'm thirteen six five High. What was your wardrobe malfunction?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 7: I had I was walking on a date with a guy that I just met, and I ripped my pants doing a cartwheel?
Speaker 4: Why are you doing a cartwheel?
Speaker 1: The car wheel? But why are we doing the cart wheel on the day? Is that where I'm going wrong?
Speaker 6: Who knows? I don't think you do well.
Speaker 7: It was one of those COVID dates, so I had to splice it up a little bit.
Speaker 6: You know, it was during.
Speaker 1: COVID meg There are so many problems with this. I think maybe that's where you're going wrong. Maybe you shouldn't be doing those acrobatics on a first Yeah, she loved it, and Betty did it was like thesis, da, did you end up doing.
Speaker 7: Any other kind of sumter?
Speaker 6: The tire around his leg, high around my waist? Like what a gentleman are you?
Speaker 1: Are you together now?
Speaker 3: No, at the end of the day doing work, Bella wrapped this up for is what was your wardrobel function?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 5: So I was at this party. I was I was feeling great. I looked I thought, I looked amazing. I was wearing this paras Hilton ass silver metal Hult necktop like yes, one of those.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 5: The only thing holding this top together was this metal chain across my back. Literally the size of a necklace. Little did I know someone had grabbed me earlier in the night and that chain had ripped off one side of the top. And because I was, you know, under the influence, I didn't realize that had happened until ten minutes later. I looked down at myself and my top was no longer a top, It was a necklace hanging around my neck, and my chicken fillets were out for the whole. You know, that one told.
Speaker 2: Me that's in fashion these days, people wear their nipples as an accessory.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was ten years ago, the Laura, This was not in fashion then. Where a chicken builds a party with just a necklace was not in fashion.
Speaker 4: Did you hook up that night? You actually met my Oh brilliant, When you met your partner?
Speaker 1: Nobody?
Speaker 5: He's near my ex partner?
Speaker 3: Oh god, what a roller coaster.
Speaker 4: I hate that guy.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you're fans of the block, coming up, we've got a surprise for you. But right now it's time of this Ask So.
Speaker 2: Ask Kat is an episode we do on the podcast every Thursday. It is where we answer you're deep, you're dark, and you're burning questions And I have one that is university related, and I think it's very topical for the time of year. I have just finished my unique degree, but earlier in the year decided it wasn't really for me and it wasn't what I wanted to do for work.
Speaker 4: I'm now feeling lost and unsure where to go from here.
Speaker 2: I'm sure what I'm even interested in and what kind of job I want to do. Do you have any tips on finding your feet in terms of jobs and working out what to do with your life?
Speaker 3: Well, very Tommy HS exams are right now.
Speaker 1: I think that this is a really common problem. I don't know how else you're supposed to get to where you want to be. In terms of finding what you're interested in, you said you don't know what it is you're interested in. I think you need to just start doing things that you love and then try and find a channel or an avenue for that. So if it might be a hobby, you might be passionate about art, you might be super interested in medicine, whatever it is. Start to dabble in those things. Maybe you can volunteer at places you can get work experience, and then you can that's that's how you find an avenue to where you want to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I guess for me, like I think, sometimes you can go through a university degree.
Speaker 4: This is what I did.
Speaker 2: I did my postgraduate degree in fine arts, and it was only eight weeks until like the final when I was supposed to actually graduate, that I dropped out of my postgraduate right at the end, right.
Speaker 4: At the end, right before the finish line. I was like, nah, not for me.
Speaker 2: But the reason for that is because I realized I absolutely did not want to do a career that was in fine arts. And here I am doing podcasting and radio. And you know, I'm thirty six. Now I'm I will share that out there with the world, but I'm thirty six. I'm doing something that's completely different to what when I did university I thought I would do with my life.
Speaker 3: You only started podcasting three four years ago, totally.
Speaker 2: And I think that sometimes you think that once you've invested so much time in something, especially university, that then you have to do it because otherwise it was a waste. But I like to look at it as though I spent all this time, I learned so many new things. But I know that it's what I don't want to do, so there's never the question of what if for me.
Speaker 1: I mean when I say go and start to do other things that interest you, to find your feet. I'm using myself as an example. So I did a medical radiation degree and I worked in that for ten years. Okay, I did that degree when I was young. I worked in hospitals for ten twelve years.
Speaker 4: Now your podcast like me.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, all through my twenties as a hobby, I went to acting school. I did all because I was really interested in entertainment, and I still loved what I did, but I knew it wasn't forever. I didn't think I wanted to actually go and pursue anything with acting, but I loved it, so I did it. And now I'm literally completely in another industry. I'm in complete entertainment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, similarity to me. Like I did a performance degree, I studied acting and then didn't act and then fell into radio. But now the acting stuff's come up back into play and like I'd be dumb to say that the acting studies haven't played into my radio career as.
Speaker 2: And I think a big thing with this, like just go easy on yourself. There's so much pressure This goes for anyone who's sitting there, HC. This goes for anyone who's just graduated UNI. There's so much pressure to have it all figured out. But your life is long and you may change careers ten times in your lifetime and that is absolutely okay.
Speaker 1: And the thing is that I really want to drive home is you are never too old to start something new. And I used to feel like that. I used to be like, oh, it's too you know, I'm already thirty. I can't start something fresh, like I'm already dedicated all this time. But you can because you're never going to be as young as you are today. That was quite d that was hot.
Speaker 3: There we go put that on a tote back? Can we sell it on the merche store? Shit, the book's already printed. There, we have to do another one.
Speaker 1: We'll write it up all right.
Speaker 3: If you want to get in touch with the girls, hit us up by funk Cup podcast on Instagram. I were back after this with the stars of the Block Tom and Sarah Jane. The pace to win the block is like a mega rating success.
Speaker 2: My mouth is so sick. Yeah, it's amazing, so sick.
Speaker 1: Like a pubescent cage boy.
Speaker 3: Right then, it's so think it's fully sick.
Speaker 1: I think it's fully it's legitlate sick.
Speaker 4: It's also such a vibe anyway.
Speaker 3: And you didn't want people to know you were thirty six many right now the stars of the highest rating show on Australian TV at the moment almost one point five million views. The Block is a sensational show. People love it, and the front runners, Tom and Sarah Jane join us this morning. Hello guys, welcome, Hi.
Speaker 7: How are you hi?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 1: Is it absolutely wild to know that one point five million people are tuning in to watch you at night?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is a little bit bizarre.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't really sit at home and think of it like that.
Speaker 1: But once you're said it once I make you feel really uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: But we do see you guys have been so entertaining.
Speaker 1: We see the disagreements and the bickering, but then the love and the making up. What is it like to sit in your living room at night together and watch yourself back? Do you watch it back and like cringe at yourself when you watch your back being like, well I look banging, look at us, Go.
Speaker 5: Don't really cringe.
Speaker 1: It's pretty comfortable with it's fun.
Speaker 7: We've been finding it pretty entertaining to watch, so we get to, I don't know, watch yourself, market will perspect you.
Speaker 5: So it's been pretty funny.
Speaker 7: Actually, I definitely don't go damn when I look at myself, So I'm like, God, what didn't I just make more of an eft?
Speaker 4: Because you were renovating a house. That's why you didn't make any effort.
Speaker 1: And just to be clear, just to be clear, I don't look at you guys that think you cringe either. That's not what that question was. I when I watched myself back on the Bachelot, I cringed a lot. So that's where that question came from.
Speaker 7: Oh I know, Oh good, we know that where a bit of a different bunch. So like we fully we are what we are. You know, you can't change yourself, Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: I don't think people. I think people are loving watching you guys on the screens. But what I want to know is with all the bickering, have you found that the experience has changed your relationship in any way?
Speaker 7: Nah, not at all? Really?
Speaker 3: Maybe Sarah Jane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a little.
Speaker 2: The thing.
Speaker 1: Let's switch over to Sarah to go a holiday on.
Speaker 7: I know you guys the holiday as well.
Speaker 3: Well, will you be will it be a road trip?
Speaker 1: Perhaps?
Speaker 3: Would you be driving in a road trip in a new Ford Ranger?
Speaker 1: Man? Maybe new eighty thousand dollars time?
Speaker 3: Would you be driving in a new car? Maybe?
Speaker 1: I mean, oh, if we go by one?
Speaker 3: Well, you guys the whole show have been saying how much you want that Ford Ranger and if you win tomorrow night's challenge you'll be getting it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tommy is one of that Ranger as soon. If you found out that if you want landscaping, you got it tom Taddy's eye on the prize from week two. So fingers cross all of our how work now? Landscape is how work pays off?
Speaker 1: Just honk honked twice if you can give us a clue.
Speaker 7: I'm blinking.
Speaker 2: Sarah Jane, you have received so much praise from Shana around your amazing styling and your designs. Do you think that this is a career that you're going to get into after you leave the block?
Speaker 7: Sorry, it just still makes me laugh that like she thinks that I do great stuff, like it's a lovely but it's just so like mine to me. I don't really know, Like I wouldn't even know where to start. You know, I have no I don't have any friends in the design you know world, but I enjoyed being creative. So you know, never say never.
Speaker 2: You are you won the leaderboard. You get to choose the auction like the schedule, the order. Now, are you going to stitch anyone up?
Speaker 7: No, we just know we're just we're just hanging tired to hear reserves. To be honest, so we haven't made any decisions yet, totally honest. Auction order is far too important to like use it for your own kind of like vendettas. You know, to stitch anyone up, you just have to be really really smart and just think about akay, forget about loyalties, forget about who you like. It's like like you just choose whatever you hope it's going to benefit yourself at the end of the day, because I mean, you want everyone to do well, and we generally do, but you obviously want your hard work to pay off the most.
Speaker 1: Well at the end of the day, you're there for yourself, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll tell Rachel that the friendship's out the window when it comes to action.
Speaker 1: Rachel's on next level.
Speaker 3: I want to ask quickly guys before we let you go. A lot of drama this season, and it's a reality show of course, every sin that's why we love it. Even Scott cam and Shelley Kraft, they bring some drama themselves. But at the very start of the season, we had a couple walk off the Block and they had to bring it another duo.
Speaker 1: In Elle Ferguson.
Speaker 3: El Ferguson, was that as dramatic as it seemed? It was all over the press, like what actually happened there? Did you see him go? And people? Guys, good luck in the auctions, Good luck tomorrow night. Congrats on the forward ranger. That's so exciting that came off the ground. The Block is back tomorrow night, seven o'clock on Channel nine. One week to go till the big finale. Tom and Sarah Jane. Thanks for coming on, guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, it was a pleasure.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back after this. No Not November is about to kick off. A couple of I just said that, or I just read what's written in front of me. Am I doing No Not November.
Speaker 4: This is a challenge we've got set for you. Miss jury.
Speaker 3: Is it like November? You just do you do it a lot?
Speaker 2: No, not November is just you growing out all of your p Yeah, you can find out after brains.
Speaker 3: All right. I'm sweating a bit, girls, because all that I have written in front of my plan sheet for the show today is discuss non November.
Speaker 1: What do you think it is? Mix jury?
Speaker 3: Well, people that have nut allergies. They want to bring exposure to enafyl.
Speaker 4: Accesis no maceadimias for you? This coming?
Speaker 3: No walnuts? I can do it?
Speaker 4: No, Okay, so you've heard no I can do it. You've heard of November.
Speaker 2: Obviously like November, I think it's synonymous with doing November.
Speaker 4: That's the challenge that everyone knows about.
Speaker 3: And that's when you grow a mustache. It's for prostate cancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, well, I mean it has a real purpose that's actually like a you know, meaning meaningful purpose for raising money for charity. Yeah, there's another challenge that's making headlines this year now. It is called no nut November. Right, I mean it's not no wallnutsmith. It is not for charity. I don't think it's for anything except for maybe a little bit of self. Can we even call it self satisfaction. Basically, the rules are that you have to abstain from any sex, from any pleasuring of yourself right for the whole entire month of November. Now, the reason for this is because I'm sure a lot of people have noticed that on social media and across like the Internet, there's been this real sexual revolution over the past couple of like months and years, where I think that there's a lot more sex positive talks, there's a lot more sexologists who are using Instagram who are promoting self pleasure. Now, no, not November is saying that people are having vibrated dependencies and that we all need to detox from the sex.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, is this like November where where to charity and you raise money? Because I don't think it'll go down very well. If you went up to some friends or people on the street and you're like, Hi, I haven't seven days now, can you pay me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I've got mates to do in November and they post daily photos of the programs like.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this, I don't know how this is going to go down.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I'm like I think I'm a lord.
Speaker 1: If you want to if you want to do this, If you want to abstain, I think that's great. But do we need to make it a revolution? I we I share it.
Speaker 2: But the thing that's interesting is like, the reason why this has come about is because there's a train of thought. And now I'm not saying that this is correct by any means, but there's a train of thought that if you can't abstain from any sort of pleasure for a month, that you're therefore addicted to it. But I think that this personally, I think that what this does is it goes and it tries to undo all the sex positive conversation that's happening because it makes it shameful.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't think it's shameful. I have read a lot of I don't know if I would say, like medical journals, but a lot of information about the benefits of abstaining. What are they Well, it can give you a lot of mental clarity, it can A lot of athletes do it. A lot of athletes do it before they play big games and big matching.
Speaker 4: Out because they WoT all the energy inside.
Speaker 1: Them, that's the jobs, all the test austeronia and everything stays in you. It's it's supposed to be really really great as like this holistic approach. And I'm saying supposed to because I do not take this as gospel.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine too many scientists are putting a lot of money and research into it, are they?
Speaker 1: You'd be surprised, Laura Burne. I think there probably would be a lot out there. But I mean, like, I've been doing this for a long time, not on purpose, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Just or you've done no not twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, good luck to everyone in no nut, no vembition.
Speaker 4: My question is will you do this?
Speaker 3: I think I think I could.
Speaker 2: I've got my wedding in November. I'd like to consummate my marriage.
Speaker 3: So you're not going to partain? Yeah? Nah, Well I'll do it for the show, how about that? But I'm not going to say I'm going to do it for the whole month. I'll see how long I can go, then i'll report back in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Here first, I think you need to try and go for the whole month, and I want to see you sweating and uncomfortable by week number four.
Speaker 1: I'm going to assume Hayden's not on board with this, and I don't think you should be making these promises to usk without him.
Speaker 3: I want to know, I guess I want to see if it's if it's achievable, right, so should be open? Why don't we open the lines?
Speaker 4: How long could someone go like, what's that?
Speaker 1: What's the longest you haven't noted by hockly.
Speaker 4: I want to know what's the longest you being the single one?
Speaker 3: Now hold it because we'll do it with the callers, because she's going to have to go through a diary.
Speaker 1: And my list Nut was all.
Speaker 4: Right, this is a terrible call out. Let's find out then, heynt numbers?
Speaker 1: Next call up with you?
Speaker 3: That number thirteen one, six five almost into November or as we here at the show were referring to it, no nut November.
Speaker 1: And that is not a nut walnut. It is not a cash you nuts.
Speaker 2: It is abstaining from your own self pleasure or pleasure with a partner.
Speaker 3: Intimacy.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you can still be intimate, you can still cuddle, but maybe don't cuddle too much or it might lead to anothering.
Speaker 1: Just the sexual part. That's what it's obstaing.
Speaker 3: And we want to know what's in that number. So how long have you gone maybe unbeknowns to you or you just didn't realize, or it just sort of time got away from you. How long has it been since you've been intimate?
Speaker 4: Maybe the partnership is why do we want to know this?
Speaker 1: We don't know, but we wanted to us Laura and you begged.
Speaker 3: Remember Brittany, she called us on the way and she said we have to do no November.
Speaker 4: We went really no, and she's like why why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not beg I just think it's very very funny and very interesting.
Speaker 4: There's a whole movement.
Speaker 3: What's your nut number? How long have you Maddie gone? Or you personally? Oh?
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Me and Matt we've probably gone months where we went months because I had two kids, So I would say, do you.
Speaker 1: Mean months like whilst pregnant or months after because of do you know what?
Speaker 2: Too much information? But Matt's pretty fine when I'm pregnant, like he quite. He quite enjoys me being pregnant, so that doesn't turn up, whereas for some guys it's a turn off. But once I hit full term, because I went over by so many weeks with our Mary. Once I hit full term. He was like not nut, not interested, and then probably for like probably like three months afterwards. I think Morley was like three months old. So that's that's a long time.
Speaker 3: Twelve weeks.
Speaker 1: What about I don't know. I don't I don't time it. I don't like set a little you know, how you put the strokes on the days. I don't do that, like you're in jail, on the wall. But I reckon probably if I had a guess, I reckon. I went one year where I went probably close to ten months. Oh wow, yeah, post breaker.
Speaker 4: Not Brittany, Yeah no, not Brittany.
Speaker 1: Brittany didn't get sent flowers. Brittany didn't have a good year that year.
Speaker 3: Courtney, what's in that number? Hello? On thirteen one? I six five? How long did you go?
Speaker 2: I went six months?
Speaker 1: Six months in a relationship, Courtney?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, in a relationship. Look if that was just a plain dry spell, no problem. So we were living together.
Speaker 4: Why do you reckon that is?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I found out in the end that obviously he was helping himself elsewhere I left me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was going to annoy evening buffet elsewhere, outsourcing the.
Speaker 5: Mon Yeah, and this buffet over here was giving all all she could to get there. He didn't want ahead any part of that.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, I'm glad he's an ex right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well long wet that yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He's a Greek bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Six months, that's I mean, that is a long time.
Speaker 4: Well that just makes you think.
Speaker 2: I know, for some people, you can go a long time without having any intimacy in a relationship. So for some people it's definitely a symbol or a sign that there's something wrong, and for some people it's completely fine and normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Hailey, she's got kids, Hailey, how long did you go without being intimate?
Speaker 1: About a year in a relationship? Yeah, And that was you've got kids? Do you?
Speaker 7: Hailey?
Speaker 6: I have one daughter yet?
Speaker 2: And how okay did you are we still in the year now or have we passed the year? Because what was it like the very first time after a year you'd be like, hello, nice to meet you.
Speaker 6: Gosh, we've passed the year and it's still going.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're you're you're still like twelve fourteen months, fifteen months, you're in it?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It to be clear, there.
Speaker 1: Is absolutely nothing wrong with that. People go through their ebbs and flows. It is what it is. But do you feel like you you want to go and like get that back on track. Do you feel like you need to go on like a little weekend, a spicy little weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 7: I think you need that escape from reality.
Speaker 4: And it's so hard once you have kids, like it really is.
Speaker 2: I think people people so underestimate just how much it changes everything about your life.
Speaker 1: Can I just say for everyone playing at home, we got thousands of responses and there are so many people that like, eight to twelve months is pretty standard. It is pretty average. So don't think you're an anomaly. If you are in a no Nut situation and it's not just November, don't think you're an anomaly. It seems to be a pretty common thing. And you can get that back on track. And we can't wait to see Mitch at the end of No Nut November.
Speaker 3: I give him a week excuse you, I'll give you daily check ins. All right, let's go. We all love keeping up with the Kardashians, but this week before been keeping up with Kanye West.
Speaker 2: It is an absolute mess, isn't it. The Kanye carnage is what we're calling it.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's good carnage.
Speaker 1: Chinese, this whole like cancel culture thing that's been going around for a while. I've never been on board with it, and I never actually thought somebody like West, who seems to be able to get away with anything he wants to do, I never thought he'd be canceled. But I think he's on his way.
Speaker 3: To canceled as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: No, because he still has a lot of supporters. He does. Kanye West has a lot of supporters Kanye West. There are things that he could do and say where people would never turn their back on him, like they're these fan fanatics. But there's a lot of people that have been big supporters publicly of Kanye. They have now turned their back on him absolutely well.
Speaker 2: I think what's happened recently with his anti Semitic statements, that can happen. Okay, So it started off we spoke about a couple of weeks ago. It started off at the fashion show where he wore the White Lives Matters T shirt.
Speaker 4: That was the first one.
Speaker 2: So Balenciaga dropped him after the show, and there were some other labels and brands that distanced themselves very very quickly after.
Speaker 3: Them, and his family distanced as well.
Speaker 4: But the one big brand that didn't was added US.
Speaker 2: Now everyone knows Yeezys, they bring in like one point seven billion dollars a year is brought in through added US from selling Yeezies, which.
Speaker 4: Is an insane amount of money.
Speaker 2: Like the partnership, it's so lucrative for ye but it's also so incredibly lucrative for them.
Speaker 3: And it's exclusive, so they make he designs them.
Speaker 4: They produced that eight hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And so what's happened is he came out and said, you know, I can pretty much say whatever the hell I want to and added As can't drop him, and that they won't drop him.
Speaker 1: And it's almost like teasing them, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: It was on a podcast.
Speaker 2: It was insane, and what he said I won't repeat because it was truly disgusting and it was very antisemitic. And the thing is it took it took out of us two weeks, but they dropped him. And not only did they drop him, and I know that there's been a lot of there's been a lot of like backlash on social media. People are saying that added As took too long, but they had it already invested in two hundred and fifty million dollars worth of Yeasies that they now have to just get rid of.
Speaker 4: They've got to slash.
Speaker 2: These are going to end up in landfill, and I think for a company to do that, it takes them.
Speaker 4: Time to make that decision.
Speaker 2: It's such a huge decision to make, and I'm really glad that in this instance they put their morals and their ethics over money.
Speaker 3: Will you even look at Kanye's influence he has? I mean, I were Yeasies because I like the design. I'm not buying them to support Kanye.
Speaker 1: But would you still buy them now?
Speaker 3: Mitche I don't think I'll be able to.
Speaker 1: Well, they have gone bonkers online on eBay, people selling the years that they've got for a ridiculous amount. So people are still quickly trying to capitalize on them. But they're not going to see selling. He's going to continue the line with someone else.
Speaker 2: Yes, But this is the thing. So everyone's now saying about added As. They're sort of saying and this is when I say everyone, It's it's playing out across social media. But the conversation is that added As has only folded because of the public pressure. But I think ultimately they probably would have still sold those shoes, because I think had they played the long term game, they probably still would have been able to sell them. But there's just this, there's a moral responsibility. You cannot align yourself with someone who says the things that he says. And now I know it's very well documented that he has bipolar disorder, but there has to come a line where you know, it's not just kind of swept under the rug as though, oh he's not well.
Speaker 1: I mean like Blenciago, gab Vogue, they all dropped him. He got banned from Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, but I've seen him on Instagram now, so he's only got two posts, so I don't know. I don't know what happened there. Did they ban him and then they've let him back on.
Speaker 3: And that's what he does. That's a Kanye thing. He just deletes his post, puts them up, deletes them, puts them up. He shares like secret text messages between Kim and his management. But also that thing, do we stop talking about him? Should we? Because we're bringing exposure to it?
Speaker 4: And you know what, he is the pr media king, isn't he?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 2: Even though the things that he's saying are so problematic. He knows how to get people to talk about him, he knows how to stay current and relevant.
Speaker 4: And I don't think he's going to go away.
Speaker 1: I think we talk about it now because it's happening, and then I think we're done when I think we drop him and we don't give him the time of daynymore because people like him don't deserve it.
Speaker 3: We're dropping him, We're done, they're really supprestatement. Yeah, what's happening on the podcast this week, ladies?
Speaker 2: We have an amazing episode on the podcast this week is a bit more of a serious one, actually a lot more of a serious one. We have interviewed a woman named Nina Hadjian, and Nina is a she's a radio presenter. She's also Iranian, and she's talking about all the protests and what has been happening in Iran since Marsa Amini's death over there. And I now, I know so many people would have heard about it, but for me, I didn't know a lot about what has been happening and what the protests were about, and what has been kind of the flow on effect in society in Iran and these protests that are happening with all these young women, so we wanted to really kind of better understand why it's been such a global thing this time, and that's exactly what the podcast is about.
Speaker 1: It's a truly wonderful episode that everybody should get their ease around. So that's Tuesday Dropping Tuesday Life on Cut Podcasts, And on that note, we are signing out. So don't forget Tell your mum, tell you dad, tell you dog, tell your friends, and share the love because
Speaker 3: Really love, right, I'm nervous about November