Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So got back early yesterday morning from Ireland. I've been for the last two ten weeks ten ten how many pre recorder shows we.
Speaker 3: Do check lack?
Speaker 2: Sorry, very confusing at the moment I was there, I'm here now, but me still back in Ireland. But I'm right here in Melbourne at ten minutes past state Tuesday morning while someone's so, you know, two flights to get back from Dublin senters the UK so changed that.
Speaker 3: I had a fifteen minute turnover in Dubai. I actually run. I had to run. They were calling my name and it went. That plane only landed.
Speaker 2: I've not been like in duty free shopping running through it. Then they changed the gate and I'm like, is someone screwing with me?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: And you're the type of person who gets to the airport five hours early Channel flight.
Speaker 2: For the Dublin flight, right, because I didn't know how busy it would be. I was there six hours early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sat there in that main course of two hours. There's there. The lady was like, literally.
Speaker 2: Checked two hours, there's no rest, what's there?
Speaker 3: They're the other side two.
Speaker 2: Hours hanging around and even security people are like what's that staring at me?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: And we checked out this suite here I kept repacking a suit you know, person just in front of me, one like unpacking.
Speaker 3: Their suitcase on the floor.
Speaker 2: Do you know while someone's on the the flight coming back from Dubai to Melbourn. Right anytime we want to watch a movie, and there were quite a few movie I watched. You had to put up this twenty second advert right basically saying move to Costa Rica in just twenty seconds. And it was just a load of slide shows started with move to Costa Rica.
Speaker 3: They've got you okay.
Speaker 2: Twenty seconds later after a load of slide shows, Yeah, that looks funny. Nice move to Costa Rica. I don't her website you can go to? And I'm thinking, who the hell? While she's sat in his stale farts right on a big old, long old flight to Australia, is.
Speaker 3: Thinking, do you know what? That's it? That turn the plane around? We're going to Costa Rica?
Speaker 1: Kids?
Speaker 2: Why I watched a twin second advert You can't even google to find out more about it. It was just twenty seconds moved to Costa Rica. I thought, that is such a big life decision. But the point is this about life decisions. Sometimes people must just make a snap decision a moment ago.
Speaker 3: That's it. We're not we're leaving this suburb, or we're leaving the state. That's it.
Speaker 2: I want to know people have actually made a life changing decision. But it really was a snap one. It wasn't like weeks and months of thinking about it, researching.
Speaker 3: You went, you know, I've had enough. This is it for the ad said to do it.
Speaker 6: Turn the plane around.
Speaker 5: Biank told me she's just come back from Italy on a big, hot holiday with her family. She said, there's a small village there that is losing residents and they want to keep the village alive, so they're offering people to fly into Italy and live there for one dollar a health.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder what you say.
Speaker 2: I thought they were inviting people to go and basically have sex with the Tonian lectis bin.
Speaker 3: You version of El Farmer? So WiFi. I'd do that for a dog what had.
Speaker 2: Become a mum? Oh, just a crystal clear. If you get a Donna house in Italy.
Speaker 6: It's so You'm going to send you this article. It's so picturesque.
Speaker 2: It's a stunning Italian village in the hills.
Speaker 4: Where's everyone going though, If it's so stunning, why they leave it?
Speaker 5: You must have an aging population, aging population, and it's in the middle of nowhere, still in Italy, in the middle of nowhere Italy.
Speaker 3: But that's like saying move.
Speaker 2: To Australia and they're like, where we buy the Harbor Bridge?
Speaker 3: And no, you an a chuka.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Have you ever made a snap life changing decision? If you have, we want to hear about it. You can call me nine four one four one O four three. You can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Yes. Soon.
Speaker 2: On the flight back from Ireland, just saw a twenty second advert urging people, urging people to move to Costa Rica and said there was just a couple of lines like it was just like pretty obvious. Here's this shabby slide show right with some bland lift music. It literally what it said was move to Costa Rica.
Speaker 6: Usually a country or at least go visit Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: Come.
Speaker 3: This was a system.
Speaker 2: It had a lot of flex going on, and then there's twenty seconds of beautiful beaches and then come to Costa Rica. So and I thinking, who is making a big life changes in that from a twenty second advert on a flight when all your emotions and energy levels are screwed up. Anyway, let's go to Matt then, So we're talking about snap life changing decisions.
Speaker 3: Morning Matt Hey, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: Living in New Zealand, twenty years old. Towards the end of one nine, the old man goes to when I was your age. No, I was in Australia and I know something switched. I went to the travel end a couple of days later booked the one way ticket to Melbourne, so I couldn't afford a return flight, had about seven hundred bucks. Yeah, and and here I am still here for kids, rider and two wives.
Speaker 2: So wow, you got all that when you landed. That's incredible. I mean ten pound bombs. You know they got that TV show now and stand and you when you get that it's two wives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't muck around.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Australia. Take and pick of these ladies at the harbor here. That's incredible. And even the story there where you said you went to the travel agents. This was in a day before we can book a holiday now all over the word anywhere, just you know, on your on your phone. You had to actually go to a travelations where do you know when we were book an entire holiday based on off photo in a magazine and I'll go to that photo.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And the funny thing, Christian was on the particular day, I just said, look of that's going to fly out of New Zealand. You know, you know on this day, where would I begun? Travel agent goes to Melbourne and I said, what's that? They go, yeah, it seems to be all right, and I'm going, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Went Travelation of the Year. That seem like, yeah, right, isn't that incredible? So you could have ended up anywhere depended on what the flight.
Speaker 3: Was that day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Amazing And obviously this is now.
Speaker 4: Home absolutely certainly is great.
Speaker 3: Matt. Thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 2: Mat, have a good day, you do, Natalie, good morning, Hi Christian. I'm good Natal, and I hope you will. So your snap life changing decision, what was it?
Speaker 7: My husband came home from work because he just looked at me. She didn't say anything, and I said where and he said Melbourne and I said cool. And a few days later I saw at the house to my friends on the school run. My brothers bought a cars and then like a month later on the plane and emigrated.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wish Actually my marriage has a bit o this because we have to talk and plan everything, even really what supermarket we're going to today?
Speaker 6: Which car.
Speaker 3: Coming home? Going Guatemala? Okay, Darling, here we go.
Speaker 4: Oh well.
Speaker 7: The funny thing was my brother rang a few days later to say ask if he could borrow my mom and dad's camping fridge, and I was like, I really don't care. I'm about to move to Australia, and then.
Speaker 4: That to him.
Speaker 7: He was just like, okay, you just make your decision. Fine. Yeah, it was huge, but it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Look back, how many has you been here?
Speaker 7: Ten years?
Speaker 3: This year?
Speaker 7: I mean it became citizens.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been very cool.
Speaker 3: Lovely Natalie, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: You cool, Thank you? Okay, fine, that is a.
Speaker 3: Very posh lady.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd imagine that there was a gin in his hand and hers. It's like someone now with Richard Curtis movie, Hugh Grant, Bill Knight, somewhere like that Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Okay, Darling.
Speaker 2: When she said Vica comes around, Bring you off to now Melbourne, whatever next.
Speaker 6: We sold our cars to our brothers.
Speaker 2: Brothers take the Volvo and the Jaguar and the hes not needing these.
Speaker 3: Another Gin Vicker
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast