Speaker 1: It's the Pickup Thursday afternoon with britt Laura mitch Here heading the Chemists Warehouse today. Great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Guys. I want to talk to you about something a bit more serious today, but it's very important, so bear with me. Over the next week, you are going to witness something on my face that is going to be quite disturbing. So I went and got a skin check a couple of weeks ago, probably two weeks ago, now three weeks ago. I had three spots on my face that I was a bit worried about, and I've been really lazy with it, really putting it off. But I thought enough's enough. I saw a young person in Australia just on the news, I saw them pass away from melanoma, and that's what scared me enough to say I'm going to do it now. I'm glad I did because the three spots that I have was worried about turns out to be something called solar keratosis, which isn't exactly rare, it can be quite common. It is not yet cancer, but it turns into cancer, so it's it's called pre cancer.
Speaker 3: And looking at your skin, okay, your skin looks pretty perfect. To me, you would never have looked at your face and thought, oh, that's something checked out.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the worrying thing. I will say. I have really great skin. I've never had to suffer with bad skin. It's always been really great. It looks on the outside like it's great quality. But this is the thing that doesn't mean anything. So I've got these three spots that are pre cancerous. If left, will turn into skin care. So we'll turn into something called SCC, which is squamous cell carcinoma, which is a nasty skin care.
Speaker 1: So what's the treatment? They cut them out? What do you do from here?
Speaker 2: No? So the treatment is you have to order a cytotoxic cream. I had to order it from another state. Now you cannot touch this cream without gloves. It cannot touch anything. Anything it touches. You have to double bag in a plastic bag. You can't even put it in the rubbish bin. You have to take it to a chemist to disclose of it. It's cytotoxic.
Speaker 3: You've got to put it on your face.
Speaker 2: So I have to put it on my entire face so you can't tell. Now I'm three days in. I've been using it for three days but it takes about three weeks and in a couple of days it's going to kick in. But what it's going to do to my face is essentially it kills all the skin, kills everything around. It stops the bad skin cancer cells from duplicating, which is very important. But I will my face could potentially turn into one giant, huge, red, weeping scabs.
Speaker 3: We're going to be off the cameras when that, I mean, like looking at your skin now, I know I say, I would never look at your skin and think that there was something wrong with it. But it's not like you have moles, you know. I think traditionally you think, oh, skin cancer, it's from a rogue mole that's changed color and size. No, I don't have any moles in your face.
Speaker 2: Nope, I have three. You know what it was? I have three areas that when a little bit darker, they were almost like a freckly area. They went a little bit darker and a little bit drier, so that I had quite dry skin. But these parts were particularly dry and nothing would get rid of it. I would go and get the deepest, most hydrating lotions. I would get lasers on my face for like regeneration. Nothing would touch these three spots. And that's when I thought, something doesn't seem right.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy. I don't know about you, but I haven't had a skin check in i'd say five years. It's been five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy to me.
Speaker 3: I feel ashamed to say this. I've not been had a skin check in ten years, in a decade. I was twenty seven the last time I got it checked because I remember who I was dating at the time.
Speaker 2: This is really scary. So Australia has the most the high rated skin cancer in the world. One in fourteen men and one in twenty five women will have melanoma in their lifetime. Now that is scary. One in fourteen men, one in twenty five women, and it's the third most common yeah type of cancer in Australia.
Speaker 3: I wonder if men are more predisposed because traditionally men have more outside jobs, you know, they're like a laborers, or maybe they're exposed to the sun a bit more. But I genuinely do I feel embarrassed to say ten years it's been.
Speaker 1: I have spots as well, guys, that I mean, I'm freckly, I've got actual spots that I am worried about, and I've just put it off because you think the mentality is it's not gonna happen to me. They'll cut it out if I need to.
Speaker 2: Have gone, because this is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Okay. One of the reasons why I haven't gone is because because I think when you feel healthy, when you think you're healthy and you can't like nothing. I haven't never seen a spot that's changed. I've never had anything that I feel overly worried about, and so when you're busy, it's just one of those back in mind things.
Speaker 2: You go, I'll go next year, not a prior.
Speaker 3: I'll make another booking. I think I made a booking once and then I had to cancel it. Just never rebooked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made a booking once and she's like, you do realize you have to get naked, and I just ghosted her. Didn't turn up all right? Everyone, Well, brit we're glad you're okay. All right, next on the show, and we've all had few through our neighbors. You will never believe how bad this feud between two neighbors in the UK is gotten. I'll tell you all about it next on the pickup