Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Every Friday on the show, we share our recommendations and we hope you do as well.
Speaker 1: Anything that you're.
Speaker 2: Reading, watching, streaming apps and he hacks you're into at the moment.
Speaker 1: We call it double thumbs up. Rio. What have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 3: I am bloody loving Deadlock season two. I'm not sure have you guys watched it any of the Deadlock season one?
Speaker 1: Oh? You gotta watch it.
Speaker 3: It is an Aussie crime drama slash dark comedy.
Speaker 1: It is so funny.
Speaker 3: It is one of the most unapologetically, unapologetically bogan ossie shows you'll ever see, but sort of twist it in with this brilliant element of like a who done it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The team love it. The Chucki sisters love that show.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. It's got a hem Worth in it. Not Chris, not Liam, not Liam, the other one fella.
Speaker 1: It's he's a good actor. He's really funny. We we we worship all the family of Hammels once.
Speaker 3: It's good to see him getting some some screen time as well.
Speaker 2: Do you think that the constigation couldn't believe that he got the Chris Hemmersworth so cheap?
Speaker 1: And then the first John Sell went, wait, that's not she's not even Liam, that's what you're paying You want toord the big one or the other one with So it's you're good sex season.
Speaker 3: It's so good that wats the first season definitely set in Tasmania, second season set in Darwin. It's so funny, like you have huge because the.
Speaker 1: Two leads as well, didn't they two kates? The two cakes?
Speaker 3: The two Kates aren't in it, I don't believe, but they are brilliant. They've done a lot of really funny ABC work before and it is just there's no other show like it.
Speaker 2: It's really really By the way, what happened? You only plug your sister's TV show once? Just keep doing it you can.
Speaker 1: It is shocking.
Speaker 2: He did a quick nudge a quicks or drive by plug a couple of weeks ago. We've never heard of it since tonight five minutes about some murder mystery thing Australian dark comedy. Your sister makes her own TV show? How hard is it to get your own TV show? Your brother's on the radio, who says nothing? He had More's this hour? You've had more to do?
Speaker 1: What your gutters? You are putting that ladder up? You go on the other Lee, the talentedly I get it. You're worried. She's It's the other Least TV.
Speaker 3: Tonight at the Museum, hosted by the brilliant Alex Lee eight a m Wednesdays, very very funny, New Fresh.
Speaker 2: Eight am, eight pm. Say what comedy show? It's on eight am?
Speaker 1: You watch it?
Speaker 3: I didn't, thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I'm up to day.
Speaker 2: It's you know what, Let's do a quiz Monday, pats he's seen a second of this.
Speaker 3: I welcome that guy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'll be watching it all this week and making notes and questions.
Speaker 1: Is happening Monday for you, buddy boy?
Speaker 3: So once more, It's on at eight pm tonight at the Museum eight pm Wednesdays, or you could watch it right now on ABC I view.
Speaker 1: Well, listen to the show. What about Patsy's News?
Speaker 2: And you are all over the place, all over the place. That's number's gone to your head all right, double thumbs up. Two recommendations for me. First one is a movie my wife and I finally got around to seeing. It was nominated for Oscars. It's on Netflix. It's called Train Dreams. I have not seen a movie as beautiful and as moving as that. How Joel Editing didn't win an Oscar for what at best thing he's ever done. And he is an incredible Australian act to such a talent, he is amazing. It is a beautiful movie, right, you know, sometimes you see you find it, says saying, they don't make movies like that very often they don't.
Speaker 1: It feels like a movie from a different time.
Speaker 2: It is so beautifully done everything about it. It's a deeply moving and thinking film about life, and it's so good. The ending is beautiful. My wife and I were in tears at the end of it. Not not heavy tears, but just joy's tears about what it is to live a life and everything you'll go through together is oh my god. I cannot recommend Train Dreams enough. It's wrong because often these days now when we're streaming movies at home, it's so much easier. But because easy, you don't engage with it. The same way you do at the cinema. You know, at the moment, Ryan Gorsney is saying, go and see his new movie at the cinema. And it's not our jobs to save cinema's movie makers need to make better movies, you know. And actually, when we're streaming at home, you have your your half watching it, aren't you.
Speaker 1: You've got your phone your check it. So let me see what the footy scores are.
Speaker 2: I noticed that within twenty minutes my wife and I didn't touch our phones.
Speaker 1: Wow, where you are?
Speaker 2: Just you're you're compelled, You're drawn into this beautiful movie. It is so good. Can I recommend that enough? You won't be disappointed. You'll be emailing me over the w weekend. If you watch it, you will have a lot to say about it. It's beautiful. Train Dreams is the name of the movie. It's on Netflix. And the other thing, which is about for a second season that is TV is TV. That's a work of art. It's a hidden camera show called Jury Duty two.
Speaker 1: Why is the second season?
Speaker 2: I did not know that second season is So it's a hidden camera show. It's all improvactors and there's one member of the public who doesn't know he's the unwitting star of a hidden camera show. They're on a company retreat, right, and this cast it really well. Is that he's such a lovely, likable guy and they're all improvactors.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 3: The first season better than that, groundbreaking pieces of TV I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, Jury Duty is called It's on Amazon Prime. The second season is outstanding. You don't need to have seen the first one. It is so funny. It's genius. I don't know how they do it. It's incredible. It's called company Retreat Jury Duty two. All right, we've got the news spot on the way. What are you enjoying at the moment? Text me O four seven five O three one O four three Christian O'Connell Shart go on podcast