Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, thank you very much for downloading show number seventeen, Show number seventeen, and so thank you much to download and podcast. One thing that I'm keen to get more of is your emails. There's a great one during today's show that came in about things you agreed to and then instantly regretted from Paul the Electrician. And please don't worry because I know you don't always listen to this show immediately within twenty four hours of the show being live. If you, I'm thinking about starting your feature on the show called Late to the Party where if you want to email about something that you've just caught up with, even though the show is moved on, you can still get involved. So if you want to ping me an email, I love those, Christian at Gold one oh four three dot com dot au. Big old email, Christian at Gold one oh four three dot com dot Au. Go and have a snack. After you type that out for so long, you probably burnt up a few calories. Pin me an email and I'd love to got those. Jack actually has some secret show merchandise I haven't seen yet. We're going to start to give that away to the emails to get read out on it. Anyway. Enjoy Show seventeen.
Speaker 1: Live from level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street. Wretchmen, this is the.
Speaker 2: Christian, Oh God All Breakfast Show on.
Speaker 1: Nolburn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, look at that. Pats is keen to get going today, right she starts to use three minutes early. No breakfast show actually starts now.
Speaker 3: Time waits for no men, Christian or woman just keen to.
Speaker 2: Go about the guy being rescued for his poor burning semi.
Speaker 3: Out of the block software away.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, guys, what a time to be alive? What a time to be alive. Today's a day. I was asked by the boss last week, how would I feel about today at ten fifteen opening up the new office, fridge and kitchen, This move, you know, ten thousand miles to come out here and relocate with my family. It's really starting to happen for me now, guys, I thought you had to go about you this morning. Yeah, like, what's he harden in his pockets? You know I've made it. I've literally written on my hand in sharpeat, stay humble, just to remind myself to keep broilded, not to get to to a poppy over here. You know, because when you're asked to open the office kitchen out in the fridge, it changes you. It's hard not to get carried away with it.
Speaker 3: You know you've really made it.
Speaker 2: And I just think the world of Uber drivers because remember last week I was saying how my new life goal is to become a five star rating from them, and I was on sitting pretty on four point eighty six a check at this morning four point eight seven. They know they know fridge guys in the back, not just to go on the poster. Now, wow, he's gone from poster to opening up a fridge and closing the fridge as well. I think they've got like a ribbon scissors. It's like a full starf oversize me. I hope. So I think they're called scissors, but all scissor. But yeah, they have got the bigs big lot of the space, like you know, budget cut backs. It is just a scissor. This is one blade. It's not scissors. It's a scissor. It's a health and safety You think that's another pats back to bed and okay, so this morning, this so what we're going to talk to you about Melbourne. Yesterday at dinner time with the kids, we're talking about what we're going to go and see another movie. Maybe I don't know if it would be gold class or just experienced both classes. Kids. It's good to you guys, stay as well, Tyler Glaysha, stay humble or scissor. And I was just reminiscing about the first movie I ever saw in a cinema. They're lucky. Now it's a very you can pre book online. You go looking on app. It was like that when I first went to the cinema. Dad took me to see my first movie. There was an awful Spider Man movie. They made it just before they became really good Spider Man movies. This is about in the late I don't want to put an age on it, but late seventies, let's say, because that's when it was. And it was a very good movie. However, it was really exciting first time. I must have been like maybe four or five. First time going to cinema. You had to queue outside. Do you remember this, Pats, when you had to queue outside the cinema? No pre booking. There was no guarantee, was there that you'd get to.
Speaker 3: See that my booking. Now you turned up and bought your ticket.
Speaker 2: We just hoped that you would get into that showing. You'd have to go and see another movie. But it's not the same time, Pats. Do you remember the first movie that you sought the cinema?
Speaker 3: I do, and I think about it. It was Jaws, the first Jaws.
Speaker 4: Movie, and I thought I was about four or five, but I was actually three at the time, and my parents took me to say Jaws at the lift of cinema.
Speaker 2: That's a serious film, that's really really terrifying.
Speaker 4: It's a fine m I think for moderate moderate violence, so I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think I.
Speaker 2: Would have showed shark violence. It was rated S for shark violence. I see.
Speaker 5: My mum was streaked about the M fifteen rating right up until my fourteenth birthday, so really I had to wait until the night that I turned fifteen till I could watch M movies.
Speaker 2: Really, so have you ever see any like pirate movies?
Speaker 5: The first thing I saw was Austin Powers on the morning of my fifteenth firth.
Speaker 2: Wow, kind of a coming of age you're ready now, young Jackson. So did he give you a notemares? Will you swim in the sea or do you still have like some kind of flashback to Jaws at your formative age?
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. I didn't want to go swimming after that. Come summer like six months later, I was petrified.
Speaker 2: I think that is not a good movie to take a young kid to go and see Jaws at the age of three, Jack, what's it for you? We'll see the movie you first sought the cinema.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought mine was scary, but it's no Jaws. It was teenage Ninja Turtles number one. I was three years old, Pat, Yeah, and it actually scarred me so much that for many years after that, I didn't want to watch what I called real life movies. I would only rent cartoons. Hey, Christian, well into my primary school years.
Speaker 3: I think we've.
Speaker 2: This is some of that movie. Jack being a turtle terrified him already.
Speaker 3: That's enough again, Pat, give us a go.
Speaker 2: Now, that was the first movie you saw in a cinema?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well, can say your course this morning? What was the first movie you saw at the cinema nine four one four one o four three. Give us a call. We got Scott on first of this morning. Good morning, Scott, Good morning guys. How are we Yeah, we're pretty good, Scotty. And what was the first movie you saw at the cinema?
Speaker 6: Well, it was it wasn't quite the cinema is the driving down in Hornable?
Speaker 2: It was Et? Et? Great, Hello, what's happening there? It was Et. Then the first movie you saw, yes, it was Et.
Speaker 6: So at the time it was a little scary but also a bit sad too. I don't know if you remember when the when Et was lying in the train and my sister and I were at the drive and yeah, the old because you know, you're put in the window as well, so it's one of those old probably crackly so I'm coming through. But poor old Et was in the grain and not looking so good. My sister was crying, and I was teasing her and probably shedding a tear a little bit too for Et at the time, and not telling my sister.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I remember we were talking about this last week. Eat made Jack and I cried when we were younger, because for me it was the bit where e t was sick, Elliott was sick, Elliott gets better. Little guy the little guy, little guy does not get better, and he's in a bad old way, and he looks how banged up with that bloated tummy of his as well. And you don't really know what's going on in that still now, you know, I saw you to a couple of years ago ago and my kids, and it still still gets me that bloated tummy. Is that bloated tummy? Why he doesn't eat much? How can he's got intolerance or someone in his gut? We never knew about that side story about et did we allergies? That there layen? What was idiot feeding him? No one who got sick? Yeah? And did you want to get a BMX afterwards? I did?
Speaker 6: Sure, I wanted to get a BMX, So I think I went and looked at in the United Ship out of the back of my own made my bikes fly as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we all did after seeing that. All right, Scott, have a good day, Thanks coming the show. Thanks guys, give it up, thank you Sheldon. Yes, yes, that's a right that that works to in the morning. That would be fine. Just stumble on air. It's okay, we do Sheldon. What's the first movie you saw at the cinema?
Speaker 7: I saw The never Ending Story with my mom.
Speaker 2: Oh what a great movie. Never Ending Story is a fantastic one and a great song as well. Never Ending Story. You remember this song, my Lamu? I do, just bringing it all back. So what do you what do you remember from the going to the cinema and seeing the movie, Scott.
Speaker 7: When the Boy flies on the Dragon, I jumped out on my seat. I was so excited and I was upset when the hall the streams.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? It's a? It's a it's a. It was a great first movie to go and see Nevering Story. I don't know if you've seen it recently, because some movies that you see when you were younger, right, they've become frozen in your brain. Has been really great movies, and you see them again, some of them don't age very well. Never Ending Story it's still pretty decent. It still works. I sort of my kids. Good movie.
Speaker 7: That's exactly as I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Sheldon, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: She cool. Thank you have a good one.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Shane. Holding guys, how are we pretty good? Shane pretty good and Shane, what was the movie for you?
Speaker 8: A wait and seeing they make make Banded.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing this. This is like Nicole Kidman's I think I.
Speaker 8: Was even at a young age, was right then and then I really loved that.
Speaker 2: It's not reaching just pants as hit. The memories of nic could more fumble my brother and I.
Speaker 8: I was trying to do a trick in the backyard and uh popped the wheelie and the old bad Max and caught it straight through the bedroom window.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's so good, MD reminiscing about BMX band It's that movie for me was ruined. After I went with a couple of mates we all cycled our bmx's to go and watch BMX Bandits and we went, what does he doing? Is he emptying the bins? What was he chatting to us? And Uh, about halfway through the movie, my mom suddenly my mom appeared in the cinema with an usher and was like Christian, Christian, this is in the middle of the movie. I was with my buddies. It was so humiliating. My mom got the usher to let her into cinema to ask what I wanted for my tea that night, So you never said, I said, Mom BMX banded down the way Mom. I't in the cold kidman. This is I mean, it's awful for a young man when your mom turns up the cinema, gets into the cinema and then ask you what you want for your dinner that night, and then leaves and everyone who your mates a night taking the mickey out of you. It's awful, ruined the whole experience to me. So now be mixed. Man, It's isn't about Nicole Kibman. It's but my mum's big head coming at the darkness. Girl, Christian, what do you want for your dinner?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Some of these are amazing. Lawa's just texted him from Werribeaconmon and Laura Storm movie called storm Boy. I don't know if many of you who are remember I remember Stoy fine Australian movie. Let me just take you back there if you're struggling to remember this, because I'm not up to speed with the genius the seminal movie that is Stormboy. Greg, a young shelter boy, lives in a remote coastal region of Australia with a reclusive fisherman father. It's a familiar character in lot movies, isn't the awkward dad? You know? Maybe his wife's left him for some reason. Too many times, too much time hanging around with the fish when a group hang on. Tragedy coming when a group of hunters kills a majestic pelican. Not any pelican, all right, it's an ugly one, or a fugly looking pelican, but a majestic pelican and orphans. It's young on the each Mike convinces his reclusive father to then raise the chicks to adulthood. Soon afterwards, Mike befriend's finger bone Bill. He if my kids said, nisten, we get this guy down at the beach called finger bone Bill went, I'm calling the police. We're going to go down now, pick him out. Show me and us, doll where finger bone Bill touched you? All right? Who is finger bone Bill? All right? Eating the Garbo's on the line, one of the stars of the Secret Show. Good morning, Ian, Christian Jack. That's it. He's feeling it today.
Speaker 7: Ian.
Speaker 2: I hope you well this morning. Where are you on your Garbo rounds this morning? Who's bins are you picking up this morning?
Speaker 8: I'm in plenty Ron at the moment, the Plenty belly shopping.
Speaker 2: Do you know why? I have a little diary reminder of my phone to remind me to take the bins out every Monday night, so they're there on a Tuesday morning. It's also bit do you do bayside?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I don't, oh not how to Come My Way company probably does, right? Okay, Hey, listen, what was the first movie you saw in? It was called The Ring of Bright Water. It was a Disney movie and it was the.
Speaker 8: End about nineteen sixty seven, maybe sixty.
Speaker 2: Eight at the drive in. Was a majestic pelican killed in anyway? No, it was a beautiful It looks like I'm just googling it. It looks like a majestic otter. Oh. The front cover, actually, the front cover of the film looks like a pamphlet that you would get at the zoo or something. It's just a picture of an otter. It was a very sad movie. It made me cry at the end. Do you know what? It's a common theme here this morning. A lot of these movies that our parents took us to, they obviously didn't have the Internet. They didn't do any kind of research. These are very traumatic movies for us to see, aren't they.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a bit of a fisherman that found an orphan dinner and he raised it, and all the other fishermen.
Speaker 8: Didn't like him because he had an honor which eats their fish.
Speaker 2: It's got parallels the storm Storm Boy, the reclus was figured abone this one as well. This was one before star Boy.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Condell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Robbie Williams spelled God one A four point three. Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Jackie. What was the first movie you saw at the cinema?
Speaker 10: It was Bang Bang And I was about six or seven, and I remember being really annoyed because just as Chitty was going over the cliffs, they broke for the interval.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is kids don't know this now today it's just stop the movie. So anyone want an ice cream? Yes, La came down the ice cream on her tray, but I wasn't interested in the ice cream.
Speaker 11: I wanted to know Chitty was okay, you measured?
Speaker 2: They did that. Now they start interrupting a movie. There'd be a riot just to ask you if you want an ice cream or some popcorn. But I get out watch the movie.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Condell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Go on, It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on God one A four point three. I think that this part of the show between now and seven o'clock is the secret hour. It's the secret show. And an ugly thing happened last week. Management tuned in for the first time and they know, like what they heard in Jack's early morning game, this which I think is a great game.
Speaker 11: Hello, Hello, is that.
Speaker 2: Good old half an hour of feedback and notes Jack and I had on this.
Speaker 5: It's crazy because the general public, the man on the street loves the game.
Speaker 2: Lady on the street, the man on the street, the kids on the street, they love this game, while the kids on the straight all by themselves. Yeah, and we stand by this game. Okay, it's working progress which on a fine tune it. We made some changes yesterday. I think I was too quick to ditch the dice. I need Jack, and I'm sorry, Buddy. I brought the dice back today. The dice man is back for this game. Maybe that could be the thing. Anyway, this guy calls in yesterday, Roscoe. I'm sure it was like a friend of the boss said that he doesn't like this game either. We asked him to this, hear it out here the changes, and then review it. He still only gave it a disappointed six out of ten after we played it yesterday. This man is Roscoe. He's back this morning, Roscoe. Good morning. Hey, this to Roscoe. So I'm hoping that you can hear it out again and then just give us another mark out of ten. We've made a few tweaks. See how you feel about it. You happy to do that, buddy.
Speaker 12: I'm always open to anything.
Speaker 2: This kind of guy is. He's open to anything, everybody. What do you think, Christian.
Speaker 5: By the end of the week, Roscoe's mark has to be to be a past mark for us to keep playing the game.
Speaker 2: I reckon, we need to get to nine by Thursday or the game must go. It's all on you, Roscoe. Oh that's a big pressure.
Speaker 12: The whole was nobody on my shoulders at the moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know it it is. It is okay, Roscoe, stay there all right? So Jack, what are the three topics this morning that I could be picking from?
Speaker 5: The topics are I'm introducing today? The first infinite topic? Oh no, it's an influent answer.
Speaker 2: Did he speak to you about this? Nick? Has it told me about this? We we had another chat after the show about this flipping game? What do you What's the infinite topic? The never ending top topic.
Speaker 5: The infinite topic is multiples of seven is in theory. It's just numbers. It can just keep going on forever. Multiples of seven is the first topic. Car manufacturers, nocturnal animals.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, all right, so I'll pick one of these next. You call in now on nine four one four, one oh four three. Rather dice we get a number, I'll pick one of those categories for you. You try have to try and smash that number. Nine four one four one oh four three. Already have a favorite.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Conwell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three It's the.
Speaker 2: Boss Brisburan Stein Moore in the USA and Goal one of four point three. Good Morning's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast show. A lot to Claire listen to this morning in Riddle's Creek Christian and Jack. I was majorly traumatized by Bambi first movie I saw at the cinema. We had to leave the cinema where now the mother deer died as I was crying so loudly. Oh, these traumatic experiences were what were our parents thinking of back in the day. Hello, Hello, we can do this one. This is the one. We're gonna nudge it. Roscoe is gonna give us an eight today. I can feel it. Okay, how long does that list? All right? The three topics that I need to pick from from the contestant.
Speaker 5: Multiples of seven car manufacturers.
Speaker 2: Nocturnal animals okay, Kate, then up in hoppers, crossing itast you. Good morning, Caitlin, Good morning. How are you? I'm pretty good. I hope you well this morning. I'm gonna go for you. Nocturnal animals awesome, So I'm great. All right, I'm gonna roll the dice and then you need to name as many as that. So three and are they wonkey five from the homemade dice? Eight in twenty seconds? Can you give us twenty tea turn? Not twenty eight? Nocturnal animals in twenty seconds? Ago?
Speaker 10: Possums still be that kind of byers judges.
Speaker 7: Then he keeps captain too shrew.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wait wait wait, slow down, slow down. You can't slow down. You can't say that's the must, like selling the men in their hot seat. No no, no, get some of them wrong, get some of them wrong. How many did you do?
Speaker 8: Is anyone?
Speaker 2: Are you too fast? Tailors?
Speaker 10: Too fast?
Speaker 2: Did it? Yes?
Speaker 13: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Well done? Oh then great skills by Kaylen. Will give you a prize. Okay, thank you, thank you, Caylen. I gotta ask and be honest. Can you get the prize either way? Did you google it?
Speaker 7: No? I am.
Speaker 11: I was writing them.
Speaker 7: I did write them down, but I yeah, I completely.
Speaker 2: Up to my head. I can't give the spot it. No no, no, you spotted the problem here. Okay, this has been interesting. Let's go to our man now, I judge on all of this. Roscoe. Good morning, Roscoe. What are the scores on the doors? Yesterday we were flat at a six out of ten. Where are we this morning?
Speaker 12: Well, well, you're giving him too much chance to actually to win. I'm sorry, but I'm actually going to take a half a point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've gone backwards.
Speaker 12: I felt.
Speaker 2: No, it's great to say no.
Speaker 7: Sorry, we've got no sugar on.
Speaker 12: There's there's take that petch. He just takes everything in the stroid. There's blistering, Christian, he's just blistering, coming from halfway across the world.
Speaker 9: Jet.
Speaker 12: Sorry, it's a bit slack, Jet, I.
Speaker 2: Feel it, Roscoe.
Speaker 5: And although I want to throw barbs because there's somebody else in the team who suggested we say the topics early.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it was me. It's my fault. I've lost us to half point. I take you.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No, no, you've got to be fair, got to be fair. Judge Roscoe has made his rule. It's five and a half. Guys. We've got a lot of work to do wednesdays. Thirsty on this. Thank you for that, Roscoe. No worries, catch up tomorrow. Drive pat to the drawing board.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Here it's in the news. This is it. Good morning, it's the Christian O'Connor Breakfort Show on Gold one or four point three. I hope you're well this morning. Thank you for tuning into the show. Busy show today. We've got loads of stuff for you. This was a very strange meeting I had with the boss yesterday when our boss said to me, Am, this is I mean, I just say for a word what she said, how do you feel about opening up the new kitchen and the new fridge? I was like, what you're joking. She's like, no, no, no, They've asked me to ask you. There's a you know, it isn't in companies to have little committees and subcommittees, and the social committee have asked me to ask you how do you feel about opening up the kitchen and the new fridge. I was like, well, what time is this ten fifteen or it's a full staff meeting? Full staff meeting that means one of those emails that goes around the entire workplace, block capital or staff must attend official opening ceremony ten. How are you feeling? I'm nervous, mate, I' feeling the pressure, genuinely swallowing the way in. I thought, well, all the staff are going to be that I'm still new here. I'm going to have to prepare a few words. What is the kitchen to us? Just think about that for a moment. What is a kitchen? Is it a room or is it somewhere where we come together. Don't start with this. I'm thinking too soon. I'm giving away on my gold already. But yeah, that's just a couple of thoughts. I've got ready at the moment.
Speaker 5: Have you I've seen the email that's now gone around for well, this is to you attention approval for ribbon.
Speaker 2: It's called No, I've not seen that. Did you leave this on the printer? I printed off a load of emails. I haven't time to go through. What does it say?
Speaker 5: Well, you see bullet points we would love Christian to cover. So this is from the Social team.
Speaker 2: Are doing that? I'm not remember the management team. They're bullet points. Take your bullet points, shove them? What do you want me to say? Power point or something? In the kitchen they.
Speaker 5: Want you to obviously welcome everybody to the new kitchen. They want you to say all the cutlery and crockery has been bought by the Social team. So they want an acknowledgment, including shout out to the Social team.
Speaker 2: Oh, how are those knives? Thank Marie? Thank you Marie. Now, I don't know if I should say this one. It's embargoed, but come on. Embargoed means it's a press release. Of something important. This is a kitchen and a fridge.
Speaker 5: Well, this is a surprise for all the stuff. So if I read the next point, then they're going to know and they're going to take aways.
Speaker 2: It's going to take away some of the flare from your announcement today. Is that possible when you're opening up a fridge and they're hopefully closing it again? All right?
Speaker 5: Here it goes the embargoed bullet point. The kitchen takeover also consists of fortnightly fridge fills with shared food on a social shelf.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I need to take in this bullet point fortnightly fridge shares. Were they're going to put food in for us? But every two weeks? I guess yeah, every two weeks, and it'll be every week. Work harder, goal dogs, monkey dogs, and you can have hummus every Tuesday, but in the meantime it's every third Wednesday. It includes breakfast or snack food. Breakfast or snack foods, it's not both. What if I want snacks in a bowl of breakfast, give me that goal? Including fresh fruit every two weeks? What's the shared social shelf? What does that mean? Only bad things will come from this? What are most of the arguments are any kind of work center around the fridge. Oh yeah, the fridge is a war zone. It is a office place. Yeah, it's like a no man's land in there. You know you've got those passive aggressive post it notes. You know, Diane's milk. You know you've got you know some on this.
Speaker 5: But like, do not eat people put in here, put their full groceries in the fridge. So they go shopping, then come and dump their groceries and fridge and take a moment at night.
Speaker 2: Some pantry for you. No sales team, not naming names, but it's always a sales team. I guarantee there's people listeners right now who've had arguments or they've been fallouts at your office wherever you were about the fridge or the microwave. Those the two really bad war zones. Like Jack said, wherever you you work, whatever kind of office you're in. So I'm in. I've got to get up in front of the whole building. They're all going, wow, here he is the great White Hope. He's flowing ten thousand miles and go, hey, everyone, get ready. The kitchen's open. And thanks to the social team for the knives and forks and the spoons. Does not forget the spoons. They're not always used, but then they're always there for us. And also, hey, every two weeks they're can let us have food in.
Speaker 1: There with Christian O'Connor breakfast shoe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Grains to finally on God one of four point three out seven fifteen, Good morning, it's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show. Christian, you're right, it's all about the fridge kitchen kickoffs. We had to have a full staff meeting last year after someone who we never could work out who was was leaving fish in our office fish for three days. So whatever you put in their stank of fish so we would start dumping their fish, they would put it back in there. We had to have a full staff meeting to the people who were dumping the fish, the anonymous person who was leaving the fish in there to please behave in a core manor full staff meeting.
Speaker 5: How do you stay anonymous keeping a fish in there? Don't you see the person that eating a full lunchtime and go, I'm no detective, but maybe he's the guy that's leaving it in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'd be wondering behind people's work cue because having a good old sniff going, I smell fish around you. So at ten fifteen this morning, I've been asked if I were here at the radio station, who reopened. I've got to reopen the brand new kitchen and the fridge as well. They get to launch the new fridge. Yeah, and I get to give them a good news that the cutlery hasn't paid for, so don't worry about that. We haven't got to chip in to pay for the cutlery.
Speaker 5: And once every two weeks we get what is it food on a shared shelf, some snacks and some fresh fruit.
Speaker 2: Great, all right? So I had to think about this. Obviously, I've got to do something there because the whole build is going to turn up and go, hey, it's the new guy. You know what's he got for us? I can't go here. It is five four three two one, and they go, oh, you don't want to do it. They seemed moody. You got to if you're going to cut a ribbon, you have to speak. Yeah, I've got to say a few words. So I was thinking with me yesterday. I was saying, how I'm not. I'm not desperate. I'm not lonely. Who said lonely. I'm just it'd just be great if I could have some friends in the city. So wife's got friends, the kids have got friends. I'm not desperate, I'm not lonely, but it's nice to have some friends. And could you invite me to something you do? Maybe once a week, and maybe I can join a club or something. There was a lovely lady called in jim Ember Francis. Of course, the fight club and the poetry. It leads me to getting Francis back. Good morning, Francis, Good morning. Hey listen Francis. You know the conversation we had yesterday. I remembered it when my boss asked me about opening up the kitchen and fridge. How are you fixed this morning? Could I if I pay to get you in, would you bealter come in this morning? And I'd love you to read out a poem that you're write between now. You've got three hours now and ten fifteen to read out in front of the whole radio station here as I open up the new fridge and kitchen. Could you perform I don't know you read a poem, so.
Speaker 11: You'd like me to write a pop up poem?
Speaker 7: Would you?
Speaker 2: Is that what it's called up?
Speaker 11: Everything's pop up these days.
Speaker 2: If you're lucky. Yeah, a pop up, a pop up poem, that would be great.
Speaker 11: Oh, I'll give it a go.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It needs to be about the kitchen and the fridge and what that means to people.
Speaker 11: Oh hush, and you don't have to take for me to come in, because I've got a you've got a ute.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. Listen, well, listen, I've got a parking spot here. I didn't drive in this morning. I'm parking spot number two. I don't know yet it is number one. It's right out the front here. You can have bay number two. That'd be your for you'll butt you.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you so much. You won't. You won't miss it because it's.
Speaker 2: Bright yellow, bright yellow. That This is great. Okay, this is fantastic. And have you have you ever performed your poetry? I know you do your Tuesday night sort of readings to to the group. Have you had anything some more people? Because I think there'd been about hundred hundreds or so one hundred and twenty people here.
Speaker 11: Yes, At the National Folk Festival in Canberra. A few years ago. I did my very first poem in the in the tent. And when you get when you're a virgin poem, right, you get a standing ovation. So I've even had a standing ovation for my poem.
Speaker 2: Listen, you find this not here, especially the sales team a bit dead eyed and quite hard to do, right. Yeah, it's going to be a tough crowd. I will give you a standing ovation. And is it appropriate, I don't know, to get a Mexican wave going for a pop up poem at the end? Why not something new that Francis? Okay, Francis, you're a great sport doing this. Okay, So you need to be here about nine thirty with the poem and yourself and you.
Speaker 11: Yes, I'll have to leave now because I live in the Dani Long Rangers.
Speaker 2: Right, get in now you've done that ute towards US Level two, Goodwood Street, Richmond.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, franswers your start. I'll see you in a bit. The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's.
Speaker 2: Gold one oh four point three Summer of sixteen nine, Bright Adams on Gold one oh four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show with Jeans for jeans. Christian and I work in an office environment where one of the girls put specimens in the fridge. We all are up to speed without what that will be. I don't, I don't specimens pats. You know what that is? Well, you know, in the fridge for her pathology appointment later that day, but didn't label them. He needs to say someone thought that one of them was a little bit of fruit juice. That's a bit rough. That's a bit rough. Someone has sent this email that went round their work yesterday. You know, there's passive aggressive emails that someone sends. This comes from this was sent my I won't in the company, but send my someone in their office called Terry with an eye. That's a lady, this right screams passive aggressive female. Okay, guys, this is that first line, you know. Okay, someone's a little dizzy. Okay, guys, dishes full stop, three blank lines. I'm absolutely fine, keyword, they're fine. Whenever lady says that no, they're not a bomber's come in your way. I'm absolutely fine with leaving dishes to dry on the rack. Personally, I've always hated block capitals drying dishes. Having said that, It would be really really in block capitals helpful for all of us if when you wash your dishes you check to see if there's any that already dry and put those away. This leaves room for your dishes and the people coming after you. You could block capitals get angry now you could even grab one of the clean plates slash cups off the rack instead of out of the cupboard, thus minimizing the chance of there being more dishes than people out of the cupboard. Any who, Oh wow, the old anywhojish a solid and just put the stuff away, thanks, and then some kind of emoji sort of funny face. I don't really understand because I'm forty five and I don't speak that language.
Speaker 5: It's not even that bad putting dried dishes away if she worked in some of the officers I've been in where there's messy dishes stacked almost to the ceiling and people are just trying to teeter their plates on each other so that they don't.
Speaker 2: Have a leaning tower of piece or something you can recreate in your office kitchen. There, Terry with an.
Speaker 1: Eye, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Joey Concrete, Blonde and Gold won a four point three Come morning, it's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show. So keep a lookout today for a yellow ute tearing in towards us in Richmond from dandin on Rangers. It is listener, Francis, you won't mistake it. If you're anywhere near that neck of the words, you will see her text me when you see it. She's gunning here. She has the car booked her to try and read a poem that she needs to write, you know, head on the while she's driving.
Speaker 5: I guess, so, well, how do you feel that you've essentially deferred your responsibilities of opening the staff fridge today? And I mean opening the stuff fridge is in opening a brand new cutting the ribbon for a brand new fridge. And now Francis, who none of the stuff really know, is going to be center stage.
Speaker 2: But what do the staff love? Poetry? Pop up poetry? I didn't know that about it. So that's what I'm bringing to it, you know, this kind of influence that I've been hide over here to bring to Gold one and four point three. It starts with a pop up poetry reading at the opening of a kitchen fridge. So if you never see the yellow that she's driving him, please let me know. Text me four seven five three one oh four three. Hey, do you think I did some bad yesterday?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: So I'm put the bins out and there's too much. Your bins here are tiny? Oh oh seriously, really, I like some weeks I don't take the I don't okay if I bring some rubbish in that you can drop in yours, well, I'm not doing a transfer here rubbish in the back of my car. So have you said he got plenty of room yesterday evening I couldn't cram in all the recyclings recycling day right today, So I look down the street. It's about half nine in the evening. I see that there's no one around. I said that the guy opposite. I see his bin there, his recycling bin, and it's close. Open it up. There's hardly anything in it.
Speaker 5: I'm actually fine with the co operation. I love running around the streets tonight. Finally get your bins in other people's bin. Yeah, so I had so much stuff in there, his was only about a quarter full. Once I've got the rest of my surplus in there, his was now hardly closing. Do they have a thing here where if it doesn't close fully they won't pick up the bin, because I'm now worried.
Speaker 2: If they don't pick up his bin, I'm going to feel so bad because he's wondering who on earth, Who on earth filled his been with their rubbish, especially because a lot of it I think you could trace back to being Pommy rubbish as well.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four points three.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's a Christian O'Connor rector show on Gold one of four point three. It's just coming up for ten to eight. Now we have a very very very very very born guest here. It's not just any guests, this one has been nominated for a Gold LOGI this is a big deal for you, Amanda Keller, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's so nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: Christian. How are you?
Speaker 13: Bizarrely have no idea what you're talking about because you don't know what the logis?
Speaker 2: Are I do from hamishn Andy because over the years of knowing them, they made me very aware over in London of what a big deal they over here with another LOGI nomination, So I'm aware of what a really rigg industry award this is. And obviously I follow a lot of you guys on social media, so I've seen lots of other people who've been nominated. You've got to go out there and dance like monkeys to get these nominations. It's so hard. This is why, let's be honest. Otherwise you wouldn't be slumming it with us. Oh as if I would be, we are never jack see Amanda Nell, never going to see her again. Well, I mean she begged to have her on this morning. She yeah, plays plays plays, and then just as you sat down here before this, she says to make sure you plugged a website, Tvweekly Logo Awards dot com to au chission.
Speaker 5: You actually said, I didn't realize how easy it would be to spook myself to win this logo.
Speaker 2: You know. And what I said was, you know, kill them all. Let God decide your stump speech.
Speaker 3: I've got it as a tattoo.
Speaker 2: So how do so we're all going to vote for you, okay, all right, because you work for our kind of sister brother station, well Sydney even Jones.
Speaker 13: You do a great show it's slightly incestuous that we all intermingle. That's right, but look, it's it's a strange week. In the old days, people voted and then it was all over.
Speaker 2: But they found out that that was leaked.
Speaker 13: Like people would turn up at the logans and you hear you haven't won, you know, ten hours before the ceremony began.
Speaker 2: It's awful, that, isn't because you still can't have There's that eager part of you because that thinks you've been you've been nominated, you might win, and you might and then when someone does, right at the beginning of your night, I've had this happened to me at awards two we go, you know, by the way, you haven't got it. You're like, no, no, I didn't.
Speaker 13: That's when you're head to the bar and you go, well, actually the upside is in a terrible statement, you still have to smile and no.
Speaker 2: No, do just start shouting angry when then someone else gets it, that's mine. So when do you find it?
Speaker 11: Is it true?
Speaker 2: You're on the red carpet and you can still vote? Yeah, I know, it's isn't that.
Speaker 13: I'm learning to write a union cycle as we speak. It is as you will discover, it is the world's longest night. It's almost as long as the Brownlow Medal Awards.
Speaker 2: So it goes on and on. There's all these different categories.
Speaker 13: Yes, there's a thousand different categories. It's sort of first burb on air. I'm nominated for that as well, well done, thank you. First backless shoulder as frontless dress.
Speaker 2: I'm also up for that one us the same categories. That guy's got beautiful shoulders as well.
Speaker 13: Been shaving his back all So there are lots of different categories.
Speaker 5: There's actually so many categories that they honestly, they do some during the ad breaks, don't they You don't.
Speaker 2: See how bad you feel. And if your one was just stune on the outbreak and you, mum and dad have been watching for five hours and you say.
Speaker 13: That Christian the show I do call the living Room. They've put a live plug number two. Well, the lifestyle segments section of the awards, as always in the last few years, been before the broadcast even stat.
Speaker 2: That's terrible because it's my favorite TV show, is the living Room?
Speaker 13: You're liking those muffins?
Speaker 2: I bought you that very nice thank you. I'm easily swayed. I really am now. I first heard your work the first boss I ever had it in radio twenty years ago was an Australian boss and he used to make me listen to tapes of you in Denton on trip of m and it still remains one of the best breakfast shows I have ever heard. It really was inspirational for me because I hadn't heard radio like that. Was smart and funny, and it had a big heart as well. It left a very very big impression on me, so to me when we got to chat today, it's a big deal for me. And I'm really glad you've got this nomination because I was asking the office yesterday last week when I first met you, And even though I've only been here a couple of weeks, right, and I've met lots of different people, and I've listened to a lot of different people. People in our industry, they can't wait to tell you who are the good people, but the really thing we love talking about is who are the bad people? And telling me you're the first name ever came up. They keep telling me what an amazing person you are and how kind you are as well, So you deserve this nomination.
Speaker 13: What a nice thing to say. It's interesting when you talk about the Andrew Denton program.
Speaker 2: That was for me.
Speaker 13: I think that's what defines everything that's great about radio. We were on here the morning after September eleventh, and this is before TV were so as interactive as it is now.
Speaker 2: Can you remember those shows? Oh you do?
Speaker 13: People still say to me they woke up in the morning to hear that the world had changed, and they heard that with us, and that's when radio is a true tribal drum. We opened up the phones and people just sobbed and spoke of their loved ones.
Speaker 2: Their fear is this World War three. You have this amazing connection and we don't get enough of that now because of social media and also and it's better or worse some radio, but we lack it. And so when you have a space like that and you want to come forward and share with each other, those are it's amazing. Sadly in London and being through terrorist attacks that we've had in the Yukov last couple of years, but some of the most amazing shows are those ones as bizarre violent of course, I domas that Shine flew ten thousand miles to get away from that TV show What Starts Today? After we landed Daddy Love Islands on its train away. Oh no, you're kidding me. That show it follows you everywhere. Now listen, Jack, can you get the wheeling. We've actually spent money, We've been to office works, We've made a special will for you. Let's play the music, okay, Because I know you've had a proper career, You've done a lot of TV shows, You've interviewed lots of people. We have the will of Amanda, anecdotes and stories. Look at this as you can see it, Man that there is a will there. Jack is going to spin the whill. Now, Jack, there are various celebrities you must have met over there, Hugh Jackman, Ossie Osborne, Florence Anders, Henderson, Arnie, Jeff Goblin, Ben Stiller, Barry spend it and make it land on Barry manloa spin it, Jack, I've got no control of it. It's landed on Barry Manilo.
Speaker 7: Have you got a story of ault?
Speaker 2: It's landed on Barry Man Well.
Speaker 13: I always feel awkward telling this story because I loved Barry Manilow. From the time I was about fourteen, I had a diary that was filled with my love of Barry because he wrote sensitive love songs, and you know, he seemed he wasn't particularly attractive, and that's why I thought I could get him.
Speaker 2: It's a bit hush, well, it's like a friend of mine. I said it because he's got a big old hunk. He can't be attractive.
Speaker 13: No, I found him attractive. I thought it meantis was more sensitive if he was unattractive. R Oka like a friend of mine who had liked the monkeys but went for the ugly one because she felt she had a chance.
Speaker 2: My mum's favorite beatle was Ringo Star for the same reason.
Speaker 13: Chance.
Speaker 2: They thought he were more welcoming with some affection. You better.
Speaker 13: Odds better odds, I mean, Marsha Brady will get Davy giants.
Speaker 2: The rest of us aren't.
Speaker 7: Kind of.
Speaker 13: So that's why I love Barry. And when I was forty six, my friend and I we'd been friends for thirty years. We thought we'd celebrate our friendship by going to Vegas seeing Barry perform. And I've faked up some reason to have an interview.
Speaker 2: With him afterwards.
Speaker 13: And I've never been so excited in my life because in my fantasy brain, even though I was a complete grown up and married with children. I figured he wasn't funnily enough. But I figured that we'd meet, we'd have dinner, we'd become best friends. Instead, what happened was, well, I had an outer body experience while I was talking to him, and I don't know what made me say it, but I just was terrible. I said, We've come a long way to see you. What are the lengths of guests gone to? The fan's gone to apart from giving you herpies? And as the words came out of my mouth, I actually left my body and I could see myself saying this, and I saw the look of disgust on his first.
Speaker 2: Who speaks too, Who speaks like that to anyone? You're quite right, exactly anyone awful? And so he's probably gonna think, have I got say it on my lip? I would think, oh gosh, someone should have told me my people should have told me I've got herpes. I've just done a gig.
Speaker 13: Terrible. And then we had a photo with him, and I kind of tried to claw it back, which is hard work. From there, and we finally had a fighter with him, Melanie and I having and as we're standing next to him and the camera goes click, Barry flatulates, No, he doesn't he does.
Speaker 2: What was you made that up about Barry Manlow sing off copa Caaban. He doesn't break win. He's probably had like a showman's operation where he doesn't flatulate scented ones.
Speaker 13: There was a moment.
Speaker 2: And be honest, do you think he did it in revenge for the question. I was a side effect of the herpes medication. You will get flatulate that he was so comfortable with me.
Speaker 13: It's as if we were married and.
Speaker 2: He's fighting in bed the Dutch oven. That's what I've taken from that. Well, we got some of a one mode spin it and make it land on Cyndy Lauper.
Speaker 5: The point of having the wheel if we peek you Atlanta, He just wanted to go to office works and sniff the texters.
Speaker 2: Quite right, all right?
Speaker 13: Well, Cinndy Lauper, we were interviewing her on the radio. While we were waiting for her to come on, I was doing a terrible impression. You will find me timey to toy. I was just being stupid, a.
Speaker 2: Chinese tribute character something.
Speaker 13: Excuse me. That was my impression.
Speaker 2: Of Cindy Law awful.
Speaker 13: She's had a car accident or something, so unbeknownst to me, Jonesy records this and then we interview.
Speaker 2: She's a little prickly and doesn't tolerate fools.
Speaker 13: And then as we're chatting to her, Jonesy says, well, we were waiting for you. Amanda was giving you, was playing her paying homage to you and place it.
Speaker 2: Ok that's not an icebreaker, that's just shocking.
Speaker 13: And she wasn't happy. She said, why were you drinking at the time? What's going on?
Speaker 2: He did sound a bit like a drunken Cindy dor You should do more impressions, okay, of drunken celebrities. It might get you more votes for the.
Speaker 13: Loads, do you think, Yeah, don't make me do Barry. You know how it goes when he's.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, listen, please vote for Amanda Callas. She's our girl. You go to tvweeklylogiwards dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: That is close enough.
Speaker 2: What is it TV week lover you once?
Speaker 13: Don't make me spruit myself.
Speaker 2: Derek, you've done, madam. Thank you very much for coming the show. Absolute pleasure. Thank you.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Kerry Mister on Gold one of four point three Morning, It's Christian O'Connor break the show. Fourteen minutes past eight, Tom Tims Own Life. You agree to do something for very good reasons and then you immediately regredit when you realize what you've signed up to do. It's like you haven't really thought through the full terms and conditions. This happens to me at the weekend. Our first family member coming out to see us is going to be my mother in law, who's coming to spend five weeks. Hey, you living at the house five weeks? No radio shuts down by being begging the boss please come in Christmas day. Maybe the tona needs topping up with a photocopy of that kitchen that I'm momenting today, that's going to need a little spruce up. I can clean it. If you aren't the free Yeah, please let me know. Anyways, she's coming over. We'll looking forward to, of course five weeks, five days. Anyways, it's flying over, nervous flyer, nong whey to go. Never been to Australia. My wife obviously looking forward to being reunited with the mum and the kids Nana. So because she's a nervous fly, there's this new direct flight seventeen hours you can fly from London to Perth. So we've booked her on that. She's in the country seventeen hours and now you're nervous fly. Seventeen hours is nothing. A couple of movies, a couple of drinks, Bang Australia. Yeah, then my wife but she was like, oh, my, so worried. They've got change terminals. I'm really worried, lady, my age, I've got to change terminals. I'm too worried about this thing to get a connecting flight to go to Melbourne. So my wife said, oh all right, mum, I will cut I fly for Melbourne to meet you at Perth and got on a plane come back. Yeah, that's overkill. There's people who do that sort of thing, of course, like chaperones will take you from I said all this, We've been down this road. But the mother in law is as they do. I'll be worried about the whole flight. And you know I've had a heart operation five years ago. She lays that one down and okay, right. So over the weekend my wife is going, oh, I can't believe I've got a fly to Perth. I did a couple of drinks. So the idea is to fly and just get get your and then bring it back. Oh my god, so Jack, some four a half hour flight. Yes, guess who agreed to do it instead of the wife me? I said, look, laps in concentration, did you have huge idiotic moment? And I go, do you want me to do it for you? I thought she'd go, oh, that's really kind of you, but no, she went, would you thank you your mom? That's how I feel today, Jack. You know, yeah, I've got to and I get into the detail of it and look at reading through the terming editions. It's the day after we stop here for Christmas, so we're obviously gonna, you know, get on it, have a long old lunch. Next morning, I'm flying to Perth. Right waiting four hours at the terminal picking up The mother in law hasn't seen me for seven months. She's gonna be yapping in my year all the way back. That's the start of my Christmas. What do I do in a previous life?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I went, I thought you had offered to do like oh, it's your turn to do the dishes.
Speaker 2: I'll do them tonight.
Speaker 7: This is to.
Speaker 2: Perdragant in to day picking up my mother in law. I mean, this is just I've instantly regretted it. I can't now go hey, listen, I've had to think about this. No, no, I'm not doing that. Send one of the kids something that they're old enough. The oldest is thirteen, so I need a little bit le Two When have you agreed to do something? And then instantly instantly regretted it? As I walked out the kitchen, I was thinking, did she like do some sort of mind meld on me? Where she made me? Why? Why am I doing this? God? She's smart?
Speaker 1: Damn I wondered for it again for Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Ba all fired up on God one four t point three? Have you well Spanish the Christian and Cornorbray for show eight twenty one. So already a couple of things that were coming on text. A lot of things you agree to then instantly regretted involving alcohol one so you haven't put your name, but someone agreed to do the dreaded airport pickup, and you need to check what time that is, because if someone's been picked up at five thirty in the morning that you then committed to, you've got to leave. You've got to get up about two or three to get there. You've got to do the short term park, and it's a nightment to find where that is. You've been doing a couple of laps of the airport before we get anywhere in the car park. Then you've got to wait for them. Then you find out the plane's delayed. That's a hell of a day. However, it's not as bad as flying a perthon back.
Speaker 5: I've made everything petals in comparison to what you've agreed to.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe it. And let me get this through.
Speaker 5: This is the very next day after our last day on radio every year, so I imagine I will hope that we all go out as a team celebrate that Friday night I.
Speaker 2: Will still be doing that my drag me out of beds or the gutter, and then be like weekend at bur He's propping me up in that and that plane get the wheelchair out in the airport to take you the game. So this morning we're looking for your stories when you agree to do something and then immediately regretted it. This comes from Paul, who is an electrician. Christian. I was working at a lady's house and she was recently divorced and was quite flirty with me, and I decided to, you know, have a bit fun and flirt back. Not long after that, I regretted it. About thirty minutes after our encounter and flirting, I was sitting in the hallway wiring her central heat and controls. Easy, sir, Thank you femism. She walked past and went to the bathroom. About two minutes later, the bathroom door swung open, and there she was in her birthday suit and asked if I wanted to join her in the shower, which was running in the background. Christian, I panis and amazing panics and blurted out from start for no apparent reason, someone else is working there on her back doors. I think there was another tradesmen at the hairt Luckily, yeah, he saw on our back doors mending those, which caused her to close the bathroom doors suddenly when she saw him. I regretted the flirting and then even went back in my own to that property. So Christian, that's my story. That's from Paul the Electrician.
Speaker 1: He has to have a chaperone next time the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Twenty to nine Coimonians to Christian O'Connor Breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three. So we mentioned this earlier in the show. An amazing opportunity yesterday from the Boss for me. Obviously, last week, week three, on the show, I was taken out to lunch by Don Eddie Maguire Tony Soprano, the unofficial mayor of Melbourne. I thought that was pretty big, okay, for I was being anointed an audience with Eduardo. And then this week the Boss says to me yesterday, yes, I've been asked to ask you by the social committee here at the station, how do you feel about opening up, reopening the brand new kitchen and the new fridge? And the first of times I thought it was a joke, some kind of practical joke, prank in the POMMI or some of that. I don't know, you know, like he's falling for it. Look at him still, bother. He's even got a little speech when do we let him know we're not interested, but no, it's a big thing. Full staff meeting here at ten fifteen today. So you saw the email. I didn't even see this about a lot of other bullet points. I've got to get up there and tell the stuff. These are the things.
Speaker 5: You got to mention that all the cuddly culery and crockery has been bought by the social team, and including new mugs. And then this is the big one, which we weren't meant to say on the show because it is a surprise for the staff who work here, but you gave it the okay to read out the embargoed bullet point. A fortnightly fridge fill with shared food, including snacks and fresh fruit.
Speaker 2: Once every fortnight, they say, we are here backing up some sort of un food kitchen here every two weeks, and all of us stampling on each other to go, oh please, can I have a biscuit? Can I have a visituit? Mass? Please? Sir? Can I have some more? Every two weeks they feed us here, Oh yeah, how do you feel about that? Panging over and over? You don't get that there we can get every two weeks delicious apple or something's coming my way every fortnight.
Speaker 5: Especially because we're here first, so we'll get the juicy.
Speaker 2: Apple eat it all? Does he eat half? Has even a monkey half one for the salespeople. But anyway, I thought, what can I do? I've got to get up there in front of the staff, talk about this kitchen and here's the fridge. Whoo open clothes. Yesterday on the show we had Francis calling. She invited me to come to a poetry in Folk evening. I thought, Haname, is there anyone I could book Francis to come in this morning? I rang her at five past seven and said, one, can you try and write a poem to read out? She's writing it, dictating it into a phone as she's driving. She's driving in to make it here for ten fifteen in her bright yellow ute from Danden on Rangers. Francis, how's it going you near our trip in?
Speaker 11: I'm heading in an emergency line with my warning blinkers on site.
Speaker 12: And talk to you.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's very very kind, and how's are you? The journey been in so far? Traffic bard again this morning.
Speaker 11: It goes in, it goes in waves. I'm in the middle of an eighty wives. This will be a big one in a minute.
Speaker 2: Okay, just ride other ways. That's how the poets do it, you know. And how's the poem coming on about the new fridge?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's about half done.
Speaker 2: M Can you give me a sense of anything at the moment in line that's just come to you recently?
Speaker 11: No, I won't spile with surprise.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we love surprises. Okay, well listen, turning blinkers off. When it's safe, move out of the emergency lane and proceed to level two. Good wistreet here, rich wind Okay, okay, take care, bye bye, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Either Tiger survivor Always Be the Rocky the tune to me? This is coming up for eight fifty four on Gold one oh four point three. That's a quick question. If something is grouse, yeah, it's all grouse. What does that mean? It means it's good? Yeah, great, Thank God for that. I get this voicemail message yesterday from Hamis McLaughlin, right, and I listened to it and at the end he's all happy, he's all dancing, you know, his' peedix chickens out and his farm is or whatever he's up to. It's phrase for it anyway, and some of them with his chicken. And he goes to me at the end and yes, it's a you know gravelly voices. Got that money. He'saw the money, you know it saw the cavea or something he has? Yeah, grouse. And I got off the phone and I go, no idea. Is he happy?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: Is he happy? And saying my grouse? I start googling it all this his famous grouse a whiskey Scottish whiskey. Does he one a lot of that? You know what we've made him do on the show. But he's happy, is he? I think he's definitely outdated, though, would you say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bit of a seventies term, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's that guy. I mean, that is that guy. You've seen how he dresses, I mean green. But you're gonna be careful the wedge you're driving between you and no, no, no, it's nothing. He's worse. He's graul. I'm grouse. We're all grouse, all right. Then we're talking about the first movie you sought the cinema Rachel, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 10: I saw Charlotte's Web when I was three. I saw it fifteen times and it was not Grouse. It was terrifying.
Speaker 2: You've gotta go back a bit, Charlotte. You saw it? How many are Rachel? Sorry, how many times? Fifteen fifteen?
Speaker 10: My mum was an usherrette at the cinema in the seventeenth when it was appropriate to dump your child at the back of a cinema and.
Speaker 2: A pown parents would do that. They would just let this the movie be the Baby City.
Speaker 10: You know, it was horrible, and then I was running up and down the aisle every single time, and you know, little kids can't catch their breath. Mom, I just doesn't watch this movie side.
Speaker 2: It was horrible. That's great, Rachel, brilliant cool. Thank you very much for that one. Let's go to Jack. Here, you're going, I'm pretty good Seal Grouse, Jack Grouse, Gross Jack. We'll see your first movie. You sought the cinema, mate. It wasn't at the cinema, but I had a day of school when I was about six and the old man rinted the remake of the Exorcist. I still wouldn't watch that.
Speaker 12: Terrible six.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This is what we're talking about today. Is that word time where it's on the show to the text from him, Hamous McGlocklin. He's heard my words said. He's never said grouse in his life. It's embarrassing because I've got audio stood off the message he left me where he says grouse and you've heard him in the office. He drops it quite a lot, doesn't he. Oh, this is grouse. That is grouse. I'm going to go shooting grouse. I just eating a grouse sandwich and going grouse beizza. This guy is grouse, you know. Anyways, he sent me a text message here in the next break can you say hello to Smithy Daniel Smith. I think he's working at the Hamish compound. You know he's got that. He's got trades down there. He's trying to get it. He's trying to get free. It's low, isn't it. I mean he's not doing that on TV? Is he going? Can I say just a shout out it to Smithy's working on the compound at the moment. He's building a chicken coop for the kids. Hey, listen, you can't keep kids. I know you live out in the country. Out there, you can't keep kids in the chicken coop. Hamish is shocking, not even as a threat. I've tried it, but no, no, no, no, no, totally angry our same all right, Today's that worth time words, Stee. You might not be aware. Today is Global Beetles Day. And on this great day. By the way, have we all seen the McCartney carpool Karaoke? Oh fantastic, Yeah, twenty five minutes of gold. It is incredible. I know you might be up to speed with carpool karaoke like you've seen them all. Now do I need to see another one? Trust me? I don't know how James can carry on from that, because it's the best one he's ever done. It is so special. Twenty five minutes and with all the anger and some of the misery and hate that came out of America in the news last week, it's the perfect anti to just watch that. Even if you just watch ten minutes of it, it's moving, it's really I was in tears a couple of times during it. Anyway, it's Global Beetles Day on this day. How do we mark this? On the show well by asking you to ruin a Beatles song I got with all due respects to Bubblecartney Lady donaka bab Day Stripper.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, I think you're on your You're the best thing you could do for this segment is get three gold in a row and you're on two gold here.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. The Magical Mystery Sore. I like it. It's actually it's a silver plus plus. I was sitting on. Oh okay, what have you got them? Ruin a Beatles song? Here comes the sunburn pads. I want to hold your head. Creepy, creepy. It's not grouse mate, ungrouse.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 2: This could go the way while I sleep in my car and gently weep while my guitar gently weeps. Yeah, you know I got. I got to it's and that went only one way.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Clash rob the cast bar on Gold one of four point three. Good morning's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. This breakfast show runs until ten o'clock Between now and ten we do you think called the atwork time waster where if you are at work you can still get involved with the Breakfast Show. Each day we'll give you a little challenge, some kind of homework to do for the show. Today it's on Global Beatles Day. It's ruined a Beatles song. Jack is marking these as always gold, silver, bronze. Right, you ready have some good stuff that's coming. Yep, I saw her squatting there. Lord he knows Scotty on gold. No, we can't give that goal. Christian the Sky with his mother in law. Oh good, smart, pullback to earlier in the show where you have to fly to Perth just to pick up your mother and all in a day. Silver double plus. Okay, what anyways? Move on, Twist and gout.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good silver Jenny love me Pooh, No, you can't have gold for.
Speaker 2: A poo, but you can have a silver plus. Okay. That's Jenny and Aspendell. Twist and sour kraut. Not as good, not as good a bronze man in Mitcham, happiness is a warm bum if you're cold. If you're cold, that's obviously my should be cold and you can nice warm bumb or something there. One of my favorite Beatles songs as well. So you can have gold for that, okay, Tony and Castle Hill, well done. Almost can't believe share it with the rest of no, And I really can't, I really really can't know. That is a really bad swear. I know some of you think it's okay to say about on the radio the one, but I still don't twist and I can't say that. Lucy in the Sky with the latest traffic News Gold Premium, well done, Clint.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, it's the Christian. I've gone a breakfast show on Gold one. I four point three you know me? Jack? Yeah, okay, I'm new to Melbourne, but I am not lonely. I've got loads of friends. Yeah your family does, your daughters do? Your wife does? All right, I'd like to have loads of friends. And yesterday on the show, after yet another watching a World Cup game, watching England alone by myself on the couch with this a dog that's asleep, I did feel a little bit like I need to make some new friends here. And when you are a guy of a certain age, it's like other men your age, they're not looking for new recruits. They've got You've got your mates. You haven't got time to even see them. Most of the time. You haven't got time to let it pompy in. You know how sad it's getting it?
Speaker 5: This morning on the show you even mentioned that lunch you had with Eddie MacGuire that was over a week ago, and you're still talking about it.
Speaker 2: I've got a lunch to day myself, you know, I just have at with myself. So anyway, I'm coming this morning and I find this production has been made behind my back again, the team working against me. You got to get your own friends. Pommy playdate? What hommy playdate for me? Playdate?
Speaker 5: I thought you were vulnerable yesterday you said, Look, I'm reaching out if anyone can have me over for one of their events, any hobbies they do.
Speaker 2: We do weekly clubs and stuff like that. Could you invite me along so I could hang out and maybe we could be gun friends.
Speaker 5: But Pobby playdate? It does make it a little sadder, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I'm not sad. I'm not lonely. I'm not just spoke up load of mates, you know, I mean the guys you know we're going to think later haven't call me back yet. But me and the guys, we're all going.
Speaker 5: You went to pick up that couch last night off gum Tree. Did you at least try and make friends with that guy?
Speaker 2: They're already soft as they heard me yesterday. Got my wife seems to think that they heard it and didn't like the phrase stinking second hand couch. No, I'm serious, and I wasn't going to mention it today because I wait, don't talk about it again. I was going to affect my rating on gum Tree, so I didn't want to bring it up. It's rather's been no mention of it. He went through the offer. Okay, So I am asking for a friend. Would you be prepared to invite me to come onto something you do? Gary's on the line. Good morning, Gary, morning Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Gary, I hope you were this morning. So they're calling it the Pommy play Day. What could you invite me to? Gary?
Speaker 9: Well, I want you to come to poker Night on a Thursday night at the Standdown Pub.
Speaker 8: Happens every Thursday.
Speaker 9: You won't feel like a new guy in town out one hundreds of people there, so you'll be more than welcome.
Speaker 2: Gary. The only thing with this I have never played poker in my life. I've been invited to quite a few of these poker nights, and I've always wanted to go. It seems like a good fun way to lose money. But I've always been scared because obviously I'd be a mark. I'd be a sucker to go along. I don't know how to play poker. Our beginner's welcome, your bound to say that she can take all my money.
Speaker 9: I'll likely cost you thirty dollars to play for the night, you get one hundred thousand dollars worth of chips. And if you're not quite sure, there's plenty of people there to help you along the way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sure they are the people I'm playing against.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 2: Now you're doing really well. I've put all your money, you've got a new money, You've come off the old palmy boat on all that. You've got a five and a two. Oh you lucky bye, Hey, heavy one. It's going to take down the house.
Speaker 9: Throw the pocket aces away and play your five.
Speaker 2: Put you much in the middle. All right, But listen, Gary, I'm up for this, Okay, I will come along. So will you be my kind of man? To introduce? Basically, the other eyes there.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, yep, definitely, all right, buddy, gets on my table so I'll be able to take you all the tricks.
Speaker 2: Excellent, you're a good man, Gary, Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well we are back tomorrow morning. The show good luck to the soccer Rouse tonight midnight. That's a harsh time. I can't see many of you stand up to watch that. Well, I was gonna ask for a late start tomorrow. See where you go. Okay, mate, you come in for five past six. I'll be here for six. So it's up to you what you do in between those hours if you want to support your team and come into work. But yeah, five past six, I'll let you start five minutes later. We'll be groggy if I watch the soccer Roos then have to wake up. Well, we're going to tell the difference. You've gotty every day your opponents status update groggy Jack is groggy? All right, title of today's show is on Grouse. You're off to go and work with the boys. Hey, miss Nandy, that's right. I'm sorry to miss your ribbon cutting of the new fridge. No you're not. This is what waits. I mean, fifty minutes time we're going to go and get up in front of the whole building and open a fridge and a kitchen. But listener, Francis is going to perform a poem and she's just turned up so you can hear how that goes. Tomorrow morning too.
Speaker 1: The rest of the day, the Christian o'conn will breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three