Speaker 1: L come on, here we go. Hollo girl.
Speaker 2: Hello, Happy Monday everybody. I am feeling energized. I am ready for the day.
Speaker 3: It is a very big evening.
Speaker 2: Oh what are you going to do?
Speaker 3: It's not what I'm going to do, but it's hopefully what the Matildas are going to do.
Speaker 2: Our soccer team, football team, soccer team, now Australia's darlings.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put my hand up and actually say I still don't fully know the rules of football. I will say that I love watching it, but I'm a lot more invested since I started dating a football player, so I have to be more invested now. But I'm obsessed with the Matilda's journey. Tonight they're playing Denmark and this is what is going to decide if they make it to the quarterfinals.
Speaker 2: So it's it is absolute. Mitch couldn't care less.
Speaker 1: Look and there's a ball, Yeah, shop, it's a ball.
Speaker 2: It's the Fever Women's World carp It's right.
Speaker 1: I'm all across it. I love it, the shin pads and everything.
Speaker 2: Which likes to watch the men's version.
Speaker 3: He's not as excited by the females, are you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm excited for the girls. It actually is getting to crunch time, and I think it's very exciting.
Speaker 4: Are you going laws, I'm not going. No, I'm packing up my house currently.
Speaker 1: You're moving.
Speaker 4: I'm moving house. Yes, So there's nothing exciting happening in my life at the moment.
Speaker 2: But do you know what I do want to talk to you guys about.
Speaker 4: Will Smith came out on the weekend and he has regretted something he did in his parenting and I think it's I mean, it's pretty big.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's an unusual family, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's a really and they're always around that red table talking.
Speaker 2: That's the talk shop, the therapy session that they're doing.
Speaker 1: That's how they came up with the name. It all makes sense. Okay, that's on the way at a very big pick up. Let's start the show. Welcome to Monday, heading to Chemist's ware House today, great savings every day. It is the pick up Monday afternoon. Britt, Laura and Mitch. Hey, tryvis dabble maybe with a DC ten Sport one hundred meal by Dan Carter. It is new and it is exclusive to chemist Where for just forty nine ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Will Smith is having a bit of a hard time lately, don't you think.
Speaker 1: What since the slap at the things he's.
Speaker 4: Brought on himself most of it, I mean, the slab was pretty bad, but okay, the whole you know what the red table is that Jada, his wife does where they sit around and they I mean a lot of the time they seemed to hash out some of their family stuff that really shouldn't be hashed out in public.
Speaker 3: It's a chat show, but it's like a personal therapy session.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 4: So recently there was a conversation that happened on there with will Smith's daughter and also her brother, so Jaden and Willow, and they were talking about all this resentment that they had towards their mostly towards their dad, towards will from their childhood, and will went on to talk about how much he regretted his parenting of them when they were younger.
Speaker 2: This is what Willow had to say, I.
Speaker 3: Definitely had to forgive you and Daddy, you know, for in that whole with my hair thing.
Speaker 2: It was mostly Daddy because.
Speaker 3: She was so like Horrish right certain times. It was like a couple years honestly, like trying to regain trust for.
Speaker 1: Not feeling like I wasn't listened to or no one cared what I felt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So this is talking about how both Jaden and Willow were really thrust into the spotlight as young kids. They were so successful in their own ride, but they've come out now as adults saying that they actually never wanted to be in the spotlight. You might remember Willow had that hugely successful song I whip my hair back and forth.
Speaker 3: I will my hair back and forth, my hair back and forth.
Speaker 2: So she eleven, She.
Speaker 4: Was ten years old when that came out, and then she was touring it when she was eleven, So I mean, I don't know if this was very widely reported on the time, but during the tour she wanted.
Speaker 2: To cancel it. She wanted to stop touring.
Speaker 4: So as an eleven year old, she said, you know, dad, I don't want to be doing this anymore, and will made her continue the tour, and so she shaved her own head in protests because she so desperately didn't want to be doing that tour. And then also Jaden was in things like Pursuit of Happiness. He was only eight years old and he was starring alongside his dad, and basically Will has come out now with adult kids, and he said that he thought the picture of happiness that he thought he saw for himself, the picture of being perfect parenting, was to be able to set them up for them to have the successes that he always dreamed of for himself. And so he really pushed them into the spotlight and pushed them into being child stars, even though no part of them wanted to live that life.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's this idea of being famous equals success. It allows happiness, but it doesn't. You hear a lot of people, a lot of famous people, a lot of Hollywood people. They all, especially the child stars you can look. You could name so many, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears. They all had some really big issues in their life because they were pushed into it too young.
Speaker 4: Well it makes you think, at what point was it the kids that wanted to get into it at the start, But then their careers take off and there's this huge trajectory.
Speaker 2: There's so much interest in them.
Speaker 4: They go from doing something that they love doing, which might be performing, into it becoming a career, and then there's all the responsibilities they're being forced to not be kids and to grow up almost instantaneously. At what point do you allow your kid to get off the treadmill? You know, if they say I have had enough now, this has gone too far. If the balls rolling and they're making all this money and their successes are going from strength to strength, when do you let the kid just be a kid?
Speaker 1: Give? But I'd also argue that it has set them up for life. We know who they are. They'll never have to work another day in their life. When the kid, yeah, because they've worked when they very kids. But I mean, when you're a kid, what's the difference between being forced to put out a song and with your hair back and forth and my parents forcing me to play junior soccer that I hated and detested and cried every day. I'm being serious, like, I still have a bit of resentment for them forcing me to do that. It's the same, just on a different magnitude.
Speaker 4: Their scale is so much different though, because I think it's not just around the activity forcing kid to do the activity.
Speaker 2: It's the notoriety. It's being a household name.
Speaker 4: It's not being able to walk down the street without people knowing I was at soccer.
Speaker 1: The local area really knew who I was. I La, it was terrible.
Speaker 2: Oh bless.
Speaker 3: I imagine the situation with Will and Willow at the time, and why he probably forced her to keep going is logistically speak, the tickets would have sold. That flow on effect of pulling and and tied to it would be something that's very long lasting and detrimental to his to her career. So I imagine Will as a dad, was like, I get it, but you've committed to follow through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hold on. So Will regrets it now? Laura, you've you've got kids, and your kids are on your social media? Is there only part of you that regrets putting them out there? And you know, getting baby clothes.
Speaker 4: That Huggies campaign that we did when Marley was three months old?
Speaker 1: Did you do that?
Speaker 2: I mean my kids?
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, this sounds so bad coming off the back of this, but my kids have.
Speaker 2: Done different jobs, like brand.
Speaker 4: Jobs, which they get paid for, and all that money is sitting in an account for them somewhere.
Speaker 3: But yeah, She's like in the Cayman alisty, We're not paying any money on it, no, but it's sitting there for when they are adults and then they.
Speaker 4: Can tap into it. But there's absolutely parts of this that makes me think, well, are they going to turn around when they're thirteen years old and say, why was my face on that campaign.
Speaker 1: Protest?
Speaker 2: There's a difference. No, there's this brings me this.
Speaker 3: I think a three months old in a nappy on an ad because it's not like you were there gone crawl crawl like you were. It was gonna sit there in the nappy regardless. But I think it's different when you're eleven. You have a bit more autonomy over what you want and you're like, I'm viscerally uncomfortable with it. So it's good that Will has come out and acknowledged.
Speaker 2: She's like, Yep, I messed up. Wasn't great? I regret that. I love to see the accountability.
Speaker 1: Next on the show, is there any situation? Don't answer now? Is there any situation in which you'd allow your partner to have one final night with their ex in the bedroom? Think about it because that's what we're chatting about. Next on the Pickup, It is the Pickup Monday AVO with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemists Warehouse, do yourself a favor heading today great savings every day I.
Speaker 3: Have stumbled across possibly the biggest conundrum predicament I have ever read in my life. Now this is going viral online. This is actually a really sad story, and I think you guys are gonna have a lot of feels. There is a man that has gone online for advice because he doesn't nowhere else to turn. His wife of ten years has been diagnosed with a terminal disease and she's got about nine.
Speaker 2: Months left to live. Truly horrific.
Speaker 3: They've been married a decade, together longer I'm not sure. He says he doesn't remember life without her, and he doesn't know what life will be when she's gone, So it's really sad.
Speaker 2: But then he said, I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to make every day of her life amazing. Anything she wants she gets, I'm helping her live to the fullest.
Speaker 2: I'm helping her.
Speaker 3: Tick off bucket list, like doing what you would do if your partner has nine months left to live. She has sat him down and said, I have one big tick that I want to tick off my list. Her dying wish is to sleep with her ex partner.
Speaker 2: What now, it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So in about she has about seven months left before she's in a wheelchair, so this is a pretty maybe six month period of where she's physically going to be able to do it. And she has gone to her husband or forever who is trying to look after her and love her and nurse her to the afterlife. And she has said, dying wishes to sleep with my egg.
Speaker 2: So what is he asking for?
Speaker 4: He obviously doesn't want her to do it, and he's what's the question?
Speaker 3: No, he said, So now I'm left with this. Do I deny my dying wife a wish for my own ego or let her go have sex with another man who she feels was better.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Okay, it has a very very sad situation. We're not gonna deny that. But it doesn't allow you to just treat your husband or your partner like absolute piece of shi t like you just you don't disregard ten years of your relationship and have a complete get out of jail free card because you're sick and dying, especially if you expect your husband to continue to take care of you.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think it's a get out of jail free cards.
Speaker 2: She knows what it means. But then what I actually see so selfish. I'm not so hot. But is okay?
Speaker 3: This is the question he's saying, like, is it selfish when she's dying and that's all she wants, And he's.
Speaker 2: Like, how do I? I either let her do.
Speaker 3: It because she's dying and I I live with that forever, or he's the jerk that's like, no way you're doing that. I think I get the impression he's going to let her do it because he doesn't want to be that selfish person that keeps her dying wish from her. But I feel so heartbroken for him.
Speaker 1: I'm actually I think it's fine. I think no, no, no, I think she should be able to sleep with her eggs. You both look me in the eyes of all right now, and you Laura and you Britt tell me sex with your ex is an incredible God.
Speaker 2: I would vomit in my own mouth.
Speaker 1: Is it good?
Speaker 2: And on him?
Speaker 1: Is it good?
Speaker 3: Urine?
Speaker 2: Sleep with money?
Speaker 1: You're going to okay? This is awful. Like you said, Laura, you are going to die. It's that you are looking at the end of your life. Yes, I think it's okay.
Speaker 3: I think it's different if she's like my dying wishes. I want to sleep with my hall pass. Jason Momo is my hall pass. I've actually investigated it, and he's down for it. He's going to grant me my wish.
Speaker 2: Can I do it?
Speaker 3: That's the only way I'd be like, do you know what? You have wanted to sleep with this super famous hot person your whole life?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 4: This is so just dismissive to your partner. It is so unbelievably disrespectful.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: And to think that she then wants to, well, not that she wants to, but there's an expectation that he will go on to care for her after she's completely prioritized a physical experience over everything that they've shared for the past ten years.
Speaker 2: It makes me mad for him. I feel angry about this.
Speaker 3: It gets worse, she said to him because he goes. He's trying to be patient and he said, okay.
Speaker 2: I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Why I'm trying to understand And she pretty much said, I mean like, I'm emotionally connected to you, but physically he's better.
Speaker 1: Wait what if she what if what if treatment works? She doesn't die after she after she SEPs the exit.
Speaker 2: It was just an excuse. It's the ultimate cheating excuse I was dying.
Speaker 1: I called the X does so many potholes in this? All? Right? Well, if you've got to if you've got an opinion on that, DMS at the pickup, we'd love to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Next, the biggest block bust a weekend. Everyone's going to watch Barbie, Everyone's going to watch Oppenheimer. I went to the movies on the weekend and had an incredibly awkward experience leaving the cinema. And if you've seen Oppenheimer, which a lot of people have, I think you'll be able to connect with me on this. We'll do it next on the pickup. It is the pick up Monday afternoon. Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks a Chemist Warehouse. You should do yourself a favor and try the new DC ten Sport one hundred mil by Dan Carter, new an exclusive to Chemists Warehouse for just forty nine to ninety nine. Now everyone is talking about the two big blockbuster hits at the moment. You're either going to see Barbie or you're going to see Oppenheimer. Oppenheimer is the Christopher Nolan film about the creation of the atomic bomb. It's a more grim than Barbie All but yeah, very different films. Oppenheimer's intense.
Speaker 2: A man who gave them the power to destroy themselves. It's actually a sexy voice and the world is not prepared.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting and I'm watching the movie and I enjoy it. The movie ends three hours, very long, and I went and went and saw it with my little sister, Rachel. And I sat there with Rachel and the movie ends in the credits roll and Rachel turns to me and she goes, geez, that was intense, wasn't it. Go yeah, it was a very intense movie. She goes, isn't that insane? Imagine if that actually happened? Stop it? And I said, raight, Di, I go, what do you mean? She imagine if we actually built a bomb that big and dropped it in Japan. And I said, Rache, sit back down, grabby popcorns it back down, because we've got we've got a lot to.
Speaker 2: Learn, We've got a history lesson to do.
Speaker 1: It's real, it's true. And she said, I thought this was fiction. I thought it was She thought it was a movie.
Speaker 4: Did she just well, it was a movie, but did she just missed that module in history?
Speaker 2: Class or something. What happened?
Speaker 1: Then I felt guilty because I did all her assessments for her in high school because she really struggled with modern history. So I think I sat the whole Nagasaki assignment for her and did it all. She didn't.
Speaker 2: She actually doesn't know it's real.
Speaker 1: She was shocked, very upset too when she found out it was real. I'm like, she needs to process the service. And Nando's we had some chicken.
Speaker 2: Lots of people died. That reminds me last year.
Speaker 3: I was in America and basically we're having lunch and this girl she goes.
Speaker 2: Imagine if the Titanic was real, and I did the same thing.
Speaker 3: I just like choked on my chicken Sniozl sandwich. I was like, I'm sorry, she's like the Titanic.
Speaker 2: She's like like, who comes up with that? And I was like, his history came up with that? Like that's a real thing. What do you do when you find out that your friends are idiots? What did you do when you found out? I feel like, how do I unsubscribe for my sister?
Speaker 1: Now? It's hard, but everyone has something like this. I feel like everyone has has realized something really embarrassingly late in their adult life.
Speaker 2: Mine's very dumb. But I also blame my mum. Just did it to me.
Speaker 4: You know when you go and you have like Chinese takeout, and how they have those Chinese mushrooms and they're quite dark on the top and then they're they're like very round.
Speaker 1: Like little button mushroom yummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My mum when I was about seven, told me that they were fish eyeballs. And I had not eaten them until I was in my late twenties and I was on a date and I was like, oh, I don't eat the fish eyeballs.
Speaker 1: And he was like.
Speaker 4: And I was like, the fish eyeballs, I can't do them. And he was like, they're mushrooms and you're an idiot.
Speaker 2: That is so funny.
Speaker 1: I think I'd rather think that identic quizz fake. Let us know on the pickup dot com dot au. We'll give you a five hundred dollar chemist warehouse. What did you realize late in life?
Speaker 2: Tell us how dumb you are to winerprise. Well, it's like, if you five hundred dollars, give out your conversation.
Speaker 1: Let's go. If you want to podcast the show, you can catch up on the iHeartRadio app. Just search the pickup, It's all there. Laura regrets some of her parenting choices. We'd learned that earlier in the show.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think I'm a reasonably good parent. You're not a parent if you don't regret some things.
Speaker 3: I think you're not a parent if you don't make mistakes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a good parent regrets those mistakes. Bad parents just keep doing the same thing. And that's it from us. See you guys, see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Hey,