Speaker 1: Are you ready good Pickup with Britt Hogley and Laura Burn?
Speaker 2: Brady your what our windows down? That's my world reason the dust only good ball down. I don't much, but you I'll big get and what I want. It don't matter where.
Speaker 3: This is the pickup.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, you're listening to the pick Up with Britt Hockley.
Speaker 4: And Laura Burn and it's almost time for you to gallivant to the other side of the world.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe the context is my husband is currently in I'm a Celebrity to get me out of here, and it is finals week on I'm a Celebrity, And so if he stays for much longer.
Speaker 4: If he makes it to the final, like the final three, you'll be jetting over to South Africa to like do that emotional greet where you run in slow motion and embrace each other and there's tears.
Speaker 1: He's lost so much weight I can tell just from watching the show, Like he looks so gaunt, just imagining running towards him and having a cuddle, and he's gonna be all skin and bones. Yeah, like a hungry, cranky man that he is. Okay, So, if you haven't been watching, it is finals week and now is the time that your votes count more than anything. So I will do a shameless call out. Please go to tend play and vote for my husband because I'd like a trip to South Africa.
Speaker 2: You're taking the.
Speaker 1: Kiddies too, Yeah, I think I would take the kids. It's I mean, it depends. It's a pretty big trip for two little kids and a pretty quick turn around it.
Speaker 4: So just like you really want him to make it to the end because you want a trip, but then you're like, oh my god, a flight to South Africa alone with your kids is why it's horrible.
Speaker 1: So I kind of think, you know, if he does make it through to the finale, I worry that he'll be disappointed if the girls aren't there, Like if it's just.
Speaker 2: Me that rocks up, he'd be like, where are the children?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I can only imagine he's been missing them so much these last couple of weeks. Yeah, or he's been having a holiday and having a great time with at us.
Speaker 3: I know he's not.
Speaker 4: He's eating the most horrible things. He's starving. It's not a holiday, I don't know. It's a holiday from life, but not a holiday. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: What if you have kids, though, Like you did it without kids, So you were just having a holiday from your normal like lovely life where you get to soorda an ice bath. He's like actually getting a holiday from parenting. And so maybe he's like I would rather eat a pigs butt hole than bea at home right now?
Speaker 4: Why, Well that's saying a lot. I think we're going to see him in the final. So if you haven't voted, now is your time. But let's get into the show. So you guys might have heard the news that Hollywood superstar Renee Zellweger is in town. Bridget Jones Number four has just been released on the weekend, and I was lucky enough to be able to go to the premiere.
Speaker 2: You were flashing yourself on the red carpet.
Speaker 4: That's right, Flashmound is on the red car butt in true Bridget Jones style. Like I felt like that was an ode to Bridget Jones.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think of that. You embodied it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really did. They didn't write that.
Speaker 4: They just wrote that I flash Monday's malfunctioned irrelevant. So I want to talk about the movie itself. I know I mentioned yesterday. If you were listening that I just loved it. It was about grief and I had all these beautiful aspects to it. But there was a part of the movie that I particularly resonated with. Bridget Jones in this movie is an older woman that gets into a very loving sexual relationship with quite a younger man, Like I'm talking.
Speaker 3: Handalus, pretty big age gap. It's about twenty years.
Speaker 1: Actually it's also Leo Woodall, So who could blame her?
Speaker 3: Anyone is going for Leo Woodall.
Speaker 2: I don't care what age you are.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry this has just become the Leo Woodall fan show.
Speaker 2: Like everyone's like, why are you still talking about him? It's my fault? Well, Bridgie on.
Speaker 3: The reason, that's all you are.
Speaker 4: Bridget Jones's author Helen Fielding has come out and said that this was very intentional. She really wanted to smash the idea that women have this sexual cell by date. Hollywood has always made us believe that you get to an age and you're no longer desirable, you no longer want to have those relationships. It's always been okay for men, especially in Hollywood, to date women ten, twenty, thirty, forty years younger than them, and no one bats an eyelid.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at Leo DiCaprio, for example, the age of his girlfriends have never changed. I'm pretty sure he was dating twenty year olds when we were all twenty Is he like late forties now I don't even know.
Speaker 2: He's fifty, He's just fifty.
Speaker 1: He's still dating twenty year old twenty five is nothing kind of yeah, well, actually I have a few things against it, but like you know, well, people.
Speaker 3: Have started to talk about that.
Speaker 4: But this whole narrative is being flipped on its head. And we've seen quite a few movies in the last year where they've had relationships between the older women and the younger men, like Anne Hathaway did a movie earlier this year as well, where she was in a relationship with a guy in his twenties. I think it's really cool personally because I've always dated younger, and I've always made jokes about the fact that.
Speaker 3: I'm a cougar. Now I'm not dating twenty years younger.
Speaker 4: Mine are like between five seven eight years, But eight years has been my match.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely mac ye, okay, what I would do.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm getting married now, but my ex was seven years younger. Than me, and I just remember, I remember the feelings surrounding that from other people, but also the feelings that I had myself. It didn't bother me, but I felt the judgment from other people because when we started dating, I was in my thirties and he was still twenty five, which is very young.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to me because, like, I know that I have a bias from years of watching you know, just men who are older date younger women, and women all a date older men. I personally have never dated anybody that's like significantly younger than me. Funnily enough, my husband is actually the youngest man I've ever dated, and he's only a year and a half younger than me. But I've always thought, and this is actually kind of sad, I've always thought, why would someone younger than me? Like, why would a younger man want to be with me when he could be with a twenty year old you know? I mean, like like I put the expiration on myself, and I know that that is so backwards and it's almost the antithesis of this, but it shows the conditioning. Like I've never looked at a forty year old man and being like, God, what would a thirty year old see in you. I've always just thought that was completely statistically normal, Whereas, like for me, as someone who is surging towards my forties, if I was single, I would genuinely think, what would a twenty nine year old man see in me?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And I know that that shouldn't be the case, and I love that there are movies that are platforming the alternate, but I do think that women face so much more judgment for dating younger men than what men do. It's like, I mean, I know, I don't think it. It's absolutely just fact.
Speaker 4: Of course they do, which is why it's so important that these movies are flipping that narrative on his head. It sounds so cliche, but I truly believe that age.
Speaker 3: Is just a number. It depends on what the person is.
Speaker 4: What is that person bringing to the relationship, what are they offering, how do they act, their emotional maturity, their life experience. And you know, the twenty five year old that I was dating was so worldly and so mature, like the position that he was in, what he did, what he brought our relationship was amazing. I didn't look at him like he was younger. I think we forget and we put the limitations on ourselves. Yes, society does. But what you said is true, Laura, like we say it to ourselves. Yeah, we say it to ourselves though, because it's been said so much. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happily married. I don't not running out there wanting to date a twenty year old by But I guess what I mean by this is when I say, like, I have this judgment about myself or about you know, it's a fleeting thought when I do see these age disparity in relationships. But the thing is is, like all that does is reinforces that women must have an expiration date, that they're not as valuable as they get older as what men are.
Speaker 1: Because men retain value, they can still date down. But the older you get as a woman, then the expectation is that you don't. And that's something that needs to be looked at for sure.
Speaker 4: Except it's actually perfect because men's sexual peak is in their twenties and women's sexual peaks they're not peaking till mid to late thirties, even early forties some women. So that's really ideal for a younger man. That's in his peak, that wants someone that's like thriving, experienced, knows what they want.
Speaker 2: Brittany's selling it. She's like all the younger men slide into my note. You're happily engaged. No, fine, No, I'm fine.
Speaker 4: But imagine how amazing it would be to be Rene Zelwiga when the author and the director brings this to you, right, and they're like, hey, we're.
Speaker 3: Going to set you up with a man in his twenties. Take your pick, what actor do you want? And you get to like look around Hollywood and be like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I guess, beg Any, what times are changing? They really are? Are They?
Speaker 3: Women are in control?
Speaker 1: We're talking about Chrissy Teagan because I do feel like every year or six months, like she kind of just comes around and makes people mad again, and it's like the unfortunate for her, like the Christy Taguan hate train.
Speaker 2: I quite like swings background. I like her.
Speaker 4: I don't stand by her past decisions, but I feel like, you know, ten years ago, she's stayed pretty.
Speaker 3: Clean until now, we didn't. She get got canceled for She got canceled because she was bullying people.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's pretty bad.
Speaker 4: Oh that's what I'm saying I don't agree with like fifteen years ago Chrissy Teagan, but I do believe that people can change if they try, or.
Speaker 2: She's learned some lessons.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: Well, she posted a photo on Instagram recently which received a lot of backlash and I like it made me ask a few questions, but I want to bring it to you Britain, see what you think about this. So the photo that she's posted, just to paint a picture for you guys, it's her inner bath with three of her four children. So she's got Miles in there who's six, her daughter st two, and then her youngest son who's only nineteen months. All of them are in the bath. They're all nude, but you can't see anything. Everything's covered, like the water is particularly murky, soverathing is quite covered and quite dense. The problem is is that the people in the comments who are outraged by this, the thing that they seem to have taken issue with is the fact that her oldest son is six years old and he's in the bath naked with his mum, and a lot of people are calling it out as weird or that he's too old to be nude with his mom and that it's maybe sexualizing him or there's something very very off about the fact that he's taking a bath with his mom.
Speaker 4: I think there is something off about people that think it there's something off about him taking a bath. He's six years old. If you have a problem with that, that's your internalized issues that you were putting on that child and that family. Like he's a six year old, he's just gone to school. He's a small child with his mum and his family in the bath. I don't have kids, I will say that, but I don't see an.
Speaker 3: Issue with that at all.
Speaker 4: I think the bigger issue is probably around privacy and like posting the photo in that setting in.
Speaker 3: The first place.
Speaker 4: But people that have an issue with him being six as if like that's a teenager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know he's been on the earth for six years.
Speaker 3: I mean like literally on the earth for six years.
Speaker 2: I mean, my daughter's.
Speaker 1: Five Mali, and I was goby to say she doesn't know a left from rights, but she does now she knows a left and right.
Speaker 3: But sometimes she's a child genius.
Speaker 2: Next time she's not working, I'd still have a bath with her.
Speaker 1: Like I have no issues having a bath or being nude around my kids at five and four. I don't know what the age is when the cutoff is. Maybe every child is a little bit different, depending on how mature they are or what kind of questions they start asking.
Speaker 2: But I don't think it's at six, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, my kid's not that I'm saying I'm running around naked with them all the time. But I'm definitely like, don't see an issue with it now, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: And I do wonder what the issue is with them seeing naked bodies anyway, Like it's your family members, Like, it's not sexualized, you know what I mean, It's just the son is not looking at his mum in a weird way, and the mum's not looking at his son in a weird way.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that though. I think that everyone has a different take on nudity. Like some people grow up in families where like they're used to seeing their mums and dads naked and it's not a big deal, And other people grow up in families where they've never seen them mum or dad naked.
Speaker 2: Produce a grace, Just put a hand up. Do you want to get something off your chest.
Speaker 4: You're gonna say, I stayed at my mom's house last week and I saw her naked.
Speaker 2: Then I had a shower and she just popped in to do something, And then.
Speaker 3: I think it's different. Yes, and I think it's different.
Speaker 4: Like if I saw my mom naked now as an adult, not weird. But if I saw my dad naked as an adult, I'm like weird, So I think.
Speaker 3: And when you think about it, when I.
Speaker 2: Was last week, I see your dad naked, it's a while.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think. Another maybe it's seven. Maybe it's only a year away.
Speaker 4: For Christy Tiaguan's son, like I feel like the age is coming where it starts they become more aware of their body and things like that. I don't think six is it, but I don't think it's probably that far off.
Speaker 2: We enjoy it.
Speaker 1: She does have an older daughter, Luna, who's eight years old, so you know, only a little bit older than Miles, and she wasn't in the bar, so maybe that is the cutoff.
Speaker 2: Brit Maybe you're right, maybe it is eight. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's a tricky one because if you're gonna put that much of your family and your life out on Instagram. When you've got that many followers, you've got to expect people are going to have opinions or thoughts on the way that you parent are things that you do. And for me, like I don't care about the fact that they were having a bath together. I'm impressed that they've got a bath big enough to fit for people in it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's Christy Tague and John Legend.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: But I guess the thing for me is the concern that you had brit Is around internet safety. And I probably and I know that you might put photos up of your kids at the beach or whatever, and there probably isn't that much difference in terms of the amount of skin showing. But I definitely think that there's something more intimate about being in a bath and all being implied naked than being at the beach or being somewhere else where.
Speaker 2: You know you're wearing a bikiti or whatever.
Speaker 4: And maybe this is something we need to unpack more when we've got more time. But I've read something just this morning, like within the Australian media that was saying school photos now like back to school photos, they're worried of falling into the wrong hands on the internet, and the question.
Speaker 3: Is, like, where do we stop is?
Speaker 2: He answered that I understood share anything.
Speaker 1: Ever, I think school photos are such a scary thing though, because you're giving every person out there on the internet access to where your kid goes to school, like it's like putting a target on their back. I absolutely think that that's something that parents should be way more conscious about when they're sharing, like, you know, my kid's first day of.
Speaker 2: School photos and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Perc.
Speaker 1: Now, we have been having very big chats after last week's announcement from you, Britt, and that is Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Yep. I don't know how or why.
Speaker 4: No, actually I do know they called me and because they saw my terrible dance videos.
Speaker 2: We still don't know why though. No.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been doing dance rehearsals with my fiancee Ben for our wedding and they have not been going well, and I've been putting them on social media, and Dancing saw that and thought bingo.
Speaker 1: Well, yesterday they did the announcement and the release of the full cast, and you have been telling me that you've been doing seemingly surprisingly well, like you seem to.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say I'm killing it, but I've got I've put like two feet together, and I can do some spins and stuff.
Speaker 1: And I've seen some of your dance, like you've shown me little bits of like video recordings, and I would say that in some ways you're doing okay, and in other ways there might need to be a little bit more practice. But I thought it might be good to get like an unbiased and impartial view on how you're actually going, and get you know, a dancing expert here, someone who you might be familiar with. We have Craig Bondley on the line, who is actually Brittany's dancing partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get very very up close and personal.
Speaker 2: Craig. Welcome to the pick up.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Hi, Craig. Okay, honest opinion. How do you think brit is going?
Speaker 5: Hurricane brit Hurricane Brit going. I think she thinks she signed up for MMA with the start.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit ralf.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: No, Actually, she's doing pretty good. I have to say she's doing really, really well.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I would I almost want to challenge that because I've seen a few videos of you guys trying to do lists where it's just ended with her crutch in your face. And I don't think that that was the desired outcome, believe it or not.
Speaker 3: Oh, was that not the move, Craig.
Speaker 5: No, that's definitely not the not the desired goal. We'll get there eventually, I think, hopefully in time for the show.
Speaker 4: Eventually, I think hopefully. There were the three terms you just shoot.
Speaker 3: It's just in one sentence.
Speaker 4: That didn't give me a lot of faith I did. There was a mishap that did happen in the last couple of days. I did catch it on film. Craig was trying to lift me in the air, and as I was in the air, going up towards his shoulder, something happened. I was like a mermaid flipper dolphin, and I flipped my legs and I kicked him in the testicles and in the air.
Speaker 3: Now, hang on, before we feel sorry for Craig. He threw me.
Speaker 2: I was on his shoulder.
Speaker 3: He threw me to the ground. Was a reaction as he crumbled to the ground. But I really flipped him in the testicles.
Speaker 2: You kicked him in the balls, of course he threw you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was the pain level Craig out.
Speaker 2: Of one to ten.
Speaker 5: I mean, I have a three year old, so she jumps over me all the time, So I think it's just part of every day now.
Speaker 3: But wow, some discipline.
Speaker 5: I'd probably give it a seven out of said Craig.
Speaker 2: How many seasons of Dancing with the Star have you done?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: This would be my eighth season.
Speaker 1: And in terms of it being your eight season, how do you think Britt ranks against all of your other dance partner Oh, that's a hard question.
Speaker 5: To be diplomatic. Everyone has been amazing. Oh, but I think Britt's definitely up there. I think she's doing really well and I think, yeah, she could surprise a few people.
Speaker 3: What do you think? Thank you? Firstly, what do you think will be my unraveling?
Speaker 4: Like? What do you think is the thing that I'm having the most trouble with or not nailing?
Speaker 5: I mean, you do choke me quite a lot.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a very particular dance move. I don't know if that one's being taught.
Speaker 5: I think if we can get that under control, I think will be okay.
Speaker 4: I think that needs context. So what happens is I panic a lot and my hand ends up around his throat for stability, and he's like, he's like head on throat.
Speaker 3: I was like, sorry, so there's a lot of choking unintentionally.
Speaker 2: He's like yeah.
Speaker 1: And since the cast has been released, who do you think is going to be the like your biggest competition.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's a few dark horses in the competition. I think I wouldn't be surprised if Trent's not too bad.
Speaker 3: He's a AFL player, yeap?
Speaker 5: And is it Karina's a newsreader Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think she's a dark horse for sure.
Speaker 4: But you know who he really is. I only found out today. Kyle, who's one of the actors on Home and Away.
Speaker 3: He's on it.
Speaker 4: He's a trained contemporary dancer. Trained take the mirror ball now, Carl take it.
Speaker 5: But he's not. He's not in your not in your team, so doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But he's still in the competition.
Speaker 5: Oh that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Craig. Do you know how craigs are? Eight seasons but he's still learning.
Speaker 5: Get to the final and then then we'll worry about the fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Well we are wishing you all the best luck, brute. I can't wait to see you guys before and I can't wait to see you guys compete. And I really hope that there's some dramatic improvement in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: So do I pray for me?
Speaker 5: Everyone?
Speaker 4: Thanks Craig, I'll see you later. All dance till ten pm tonight sounds good? Okay, Bye, Thanks Craig,