Speaker 1: It is that time of year again where you need to strap in and be ready for the drama.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready for my life to be taken over by Maths.
Speaker 3: Maths has started. It kicked off last night.
Speaker 1: I watched it, which is shocking because I don't often watch it.
Speaker 2: You don't like it, I'm the one in this duo that's sick for Maths.
Speaker 1: It's true, but I'm glad I did watch it. In an Australian first, they have paired two people that already dated.
Speaker 3: We're going to get a different guy. Well, they make a gorgeous looking couple.
Speaker 1: Put it that way, option.
Speaker 4: I think it fally Mum already she goes with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, in an Australian first, Karina and Paul were matched together and the bombshell was dropped that they in fact have already dated. And not only did they date, but Paul completely ghosted it. They went on this amazing date. She thought she killed it. She thought it was going to be like hot property, and then he just never messaged her again until they see each other at the end of an aisle and I'm marrying each other on national television.
Speaker 2: It just seems too coincidental. For me, like, how does this happen? And I mean, look, on one hand, the skeptic in me says that this was completely fabricated and produced. But on the other hand, I was like, how would you find two people who one person has ghosted? Like how would you actually find them to be able to match them together in the first place?
Speaker 1: The produces one hundred percent, I'm sorry, is someone that's a bit of unfortunately a reality TV veteran. The producers one hundred percent knew that they knew each other. Did they know that they dated and ghosted? I'm not convinced, but they knew that they knew each other, they would have done their due diligence in some capacity. Maybe they're following each other on Instagram. Maybe they've got a huge group of mutual friends. Like producers on reality shows, they check that when they decid that you're on or if you're going to be on, they check your followers list. They cross check to see if you're following any of the other contestants or if there's any kind of connection.
Speaker 2: But do you think the ghosting was serendipitous like a producer's dream, or do you think that the producers knew that he had ghosted her before the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but my spidy senses aren't giving me enough tingles for that yet. But I think it's interesting to see what happens, because in real life, would you give somebody else another go if you had gone on a date and they completely ghosted you, blanked, you don't want to speak to you again, then all of a sudden you were marrying them.
Speaker 3: Would you have walked out?
Speaker 1: Or would you have just been like, oh shit, I'm just going to pretend.
Speaker 2: Me now or twenty year old me who liked to date toxic men me back in my twenties. I think I did do that. I didn't marry them with that the altar, but I would have given guys a second chance because I was like, they.
Speaker 3: Can change for me, I can make them better. I think it's so unfair for the girl.
Speaker 2: Like, I haven't seen this, but imagine if you've signed up for this show. Obviously you know that it's drama and there's you know, potentially gonna get some Instagram following and everything else, but you do hope you're gonna get paired with a decent bloke.
Speaker 3: You'd be pretty damn sad.
Speaker 2: That the only person you were paired with was a guy who ghosted you. So now she has no option other than to walk out or to give this guy a second chance.
Speaker 1: The thing here is, though she has agreed to give him a second chance. Good on her because I think, you know, it's not the end of the world.
Speaker 3: She could see the potential in him.
Speaker 1: Whilst I think it's a red flag. He really doubled down on his red flagginess. Listen, I'm so grateful that she is open to you to give me a second chance.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 3: Just feel so relieved. Honestly, I'm over the moon.
Speaker 2: Like I'm just I'm more eagerly.
Speaker 4: I just feel like I feel like a little kid.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I can literally already picture life with her. That's how crazy it is.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm pro he goes through and now he says he can see his life with her after seeing her for two seconds, after ghosting her for eight months.
Speaker 3: What is wrong with this guy?
Speaker 2: I just think he's some one who's well versed in reality TV. I think he knows and he also knows how to do the dance and like and like get people on side. So, like I said, I haven't seen it yet, But I have read a lot about this already today. It's weird how deep in it I am for someone who hasn't seen the show yet. But he apparently went up to the family and kind of like explained to the family that he had ghosted her. But he was going through a lot at the time and managed to get the parents on board to say, like, what an upstanding guy he is. So he's managed to go from being a guy that goes to their daughter to them thinking that he's an amazing person. And to me, I think he is just someone who is very, very reality TV literate, and he knew that this is all gonna come out.
Speaker 3: There's no other way to get around it.
Speaker 2: So the best way is to attack up front on be sorry, and to try and be this like, you know, we're gonna love each other. It's gonna be amazing, I think.
Speaker 1: For there be the master manipulator of the show married at first sight, master manipulator.
Speaker 3: That's why it should be cooled.
Speaker 2: Well let's see, but also look, who knows they could end up being the happy couple at the end of it.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, coming up.
Speaker 2: Next, we have our Vibes' unsubscribe of the week and Britt something about telepathy. You think that this might be the next big thing.
Speaker 3: Sorry, did you get that?
Speaker 1: I was just trying to send you my answer