Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Right now at the Key Arena. The Key Arena is ready for us. It is our studio. In an hour's time, we're doing knock it into the park. Sixteen of you outside the curing Key Arena, all trying to knock it into the courts ad side. So if you do, you're off the finals this weekend. Both of the finals women's tomorrow and the men's on Sunday. Massive prize, VIP prizes. Okay, two prizes, not just one. We were told yesterday because obviously this is the Kia Arena and it's now like you don't just wander on to the MCG before the Grand Final damage the precious sacred ground there. We were told yesterday that we had to have white soled sneakers.
Speaker 4: We all understood it. I've dug out what these are.
Speaker 3: So white. I think you can see them from a Saturnye. Jack has just shown us the soul of his trainers. Not white, I know, apart from the most important to him, like the souls.
Speaker 5: There are very very light.
Speaker 3: No no, no, they're white because you're staying the court.
Speaker 5: I thought that meant black shoes, like the kind of school shoes you would wear.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Are white adjacent?
Speaker 3: White adjacent? They're not white?
Speaker 5: What color is there?
Speaker 3: Caramel?
Speaker 4: Caramel?
Speaker 3: Real?
Speaker 4: What do you reckon? That is caramel?
Speaker 5: Caramel at best? Brown at worst?
Speaker 6: That's the worst possible color that could go.
Speaker 5: And keep black is the worst white?
Speaker 3: White?
Speaker 6: Christine white, thank you Christian.
Speaker 5: Yes you can't, you literally can't wear that.
Speaker 3: How can you misunderstand the brief?
Speaker 4: Not just that?
Speaker 3: This morning on the way and I went, he is going to do he is going to stand about the soul, not just a white trainer. And I thought, we haven't got time to get because because your big old clown feet as well, Jack six at five, we can't find you know, clown shoes. It's gonna look so bad video if he's just in socks. But that's the reality. No, come on, sure, come on to the Key Arena and the Australian Open.
Speaker 5: Usually I used to play basketball and they said no black soil shoes on the court.
Speaker 3: But you played for like the Ivan Hobozos of it was team so you know they don't care what you wear.
Speaker 5: No, there was usually a sign on every arena that said, well, it wasn't an arena every court that said don't wear black sold shoes, and that aspectually was don't wear your school shoes on the court because the scuff these are obviously ses.
Speaker 7: Usually the message wasn't don't wear black sold shoes.
Speaker 5: The message was wear white. So these are actually these are Adam samders. I think their tennis shoes.
Speaker 4: No they're not. They're Badminton shoes. Are they really?
Speaker 3: Yes, they are Badminton has their own shoes, Yeah they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The brief wasn't don't be wearing your school shoes out. They weren't worried that they're not going to turn up in their school shoes? Are They got them back to school deal for everyone on the show.
Speaker 5: So what am I I'm looking at for it?
Speaker 3: Surely have you got white sole trainers?
Speaker 5: I actually ten white sol trainer I could swap with you. That's too small for me. Well, then we can't swap.
Speaker 3: I thought we had everything covered.
Speaker 5: We did. Actually, it was the only instruction I was given. It actually was the only instruction I was given. Make sure the shoes are white.
Speaker 3: Patty, there was a last minute yesterday we were told that you can't get onto that court, and it's obviously they're very generously giving it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we aren't doing the.
Speaker 8: Show million dollar courts.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, and so you know what this place is like with the old tightness of the budgets. So Caitlyn yesterday, is it true that you were doing a big bulk kmart white sneaker order?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 1: It had to be done by eleven.
Speaker 5: Am, So there's no time.
Speaker 9: Hi, I send to you guys, Hey, do you need white sole shoes?
Speaker 1: Just let me know and I can get them all.
Speaker 3: Nothing says Ao, You know, like you know, it's like Style Nash everything down there and then us at this show in Kmark traders now wait for that and so one in their socks? Do we have a lost property box here? You remember for games trainer sir after the lost property box too? And small doesn't matter post.
Speaker 8: What size are you Jack?
Speaker 5: I'm an eleven?
Speaker 8: Do you reckon? There'd be a listener with a white salt sneaker, Patsy.
Speaker 5: This is great here, we've got fifty minutes or one of our contestantcy even we could be lucky and old take their shoes.
Speaker 4: There's a guy who's six for eight is.
Speaker 3: Playing yes, yes, yeah, he is saying, is anyone near Richmond the next out that get pair of size eleven? But wait, white salt white, very very hard caramel, the caramel.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So we have a last minute snack before we are in forty five minutes time. We would all be live from the Australian Open. Jack and I courtside, actually on the court of the Key Arena. Sorry, I'll be on the court. Jacoby outside trying to find some size eleven white sold sneakers that he was told to bring yesterday, and he said, don't worry, yep, tick got them. Turns up someone with caramel covered. They are white trainers, but the most important part of them, the soul, is caramel cover.
Speaker 5: I interpret that obstruction as just not black schools.
Speaker 3: The key bit was clearly block capitols, white sold two words. Now, I just had a thought. You know when you watch c s I, they put those things over.
Speaker 5: Their shoes, the bread bag.
Speaker 3: You've seen them in swimming pools. Dan't you just put those blue things? Can we go and get some carrier bags from Coals.
Speaker 10: Go over the road to the Apworth Hospital because they wear those into surgery.
Speaker 3: Just walk past Patsy well Done Atworth is around the corner, would go on the way to the key and it would go far the Atworth.
Speaker 5: But what's the what's the department at the Apworth where you're allowed to come in as a non sick person in.
Speaker 3: Some surgeon shoe covers? It's not like a bowling alley where they have the sort of shoes behind the desk.
Speaker 4: What size do you need for these?
Speaker 3: The other one is this going to a supermarket then and then getting carrier bags and she don't buy those plastic ones.
Speaker 8: There's no plastic anymore.
Speaker 3: What about you know women have their hair and cat shower feet.
Speaker 5: Would that be a bit slippery though?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: And hema has just coming from a listener called Mark Christian. I've been catching up with the podcast this week, listening to Jack complaining about his bad back.
Speaker 5: That's the other thing. That's why I can't have share caps on my feet because my back is plain.
Speaker 8: I'm hearing excuses.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what the subject of this EMA is about. From a listener, Mark, Why do we only hear about this when he is asked to do something different for the show? No word about this bad back when he's talking about his golf game he had to gim that day he had to take off to go and take a celebrity tournament. Christian, if you can't bend over pick up tennis balls, how does he bend over its golf ball on a tee for eighteen holes plus bending collect to collect balls from hole to hole in its green, Not to mention how many times he picks up the ball off a line to put it. Got me thinking how he would use any excuse to get out of doing anything for the show. Have a great day, guys, I'll be listening to him.
Speaker 5: Mark God, thanks a lot.
Speaker 7: Mark.
Speaker 5: Oh have you know I actually went for my back because it has been in pain recently. I went to a special ergonomic chair store last night. That's how seriously I'm.
Speaker 3: Taking So what's an ergonomic chair store?
Speaker 5: They have different types of office chairs that improve your posture while seated.
Speaker 4: So an actual chair is it enough?
Speaker 5: No, an actual chair is it? Could be doing untold damage to my back?
Speaker 3: So how can the chair keep you in a better posture? Would it be like a brace, like you're like an iron man, it's sort of strapped into something.
Speaker 5: Well, I saw an osteopath, and he recommended this. It's a saddle chair.
Speaker 3: Come on, I see those. It's more like those on some of those websites. You look at okay, you want to get paddled during the show.
Speaker 4: No chat.
Speaker 5: So from the bottom up it looks like a normal.
Speaker 4: Office, a camera under the.
Speaker 5: Mirror, and then the seat you're not.
Speaker 3: And looking at me. You're not straddling.
Speaker 5: Suddenly within next week I'll be sudden in this studio.
Speaker 8: It takes a pressure off your spine.
Speaker 5: It puts you in a better posture so that you favus the city didn't look Jack then, I guess I would look like I'm riding a horse because there would be no horse there.
Speaker 3: You brought in some one of Gordy's toys does have rains.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you'll get used to it.
Speaker 3: And so I guess they're pricing or they're not cheap.
Speaker 5: And I was hoping also maybe the conversation for off air, but that Sue the boss would because it's a piece of workplace furniture.
Speaker 2: Mark Listen just emailed us the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Half an away, half an hour away from us being live from the Australian open, Patsy, how was your yesterday?
Speaker 10: Well, I didn't think that i'd be a show for work today, for this massive day that we've got planned for.
Speaker 8: Knock it out of the park.
Speaker 5: We have.
Speaker 8: It seems to have been this constant visit to the vet with Presley. He's had a lot of stuff.
Speaker 10: He had a lump taken off before Christmas, and now he's got this other lump at the back of his sort of leg that requires some ointment. And what it does is it it numbs the area and clears it up. Anyway, so we've got to apply it morning and night. And I'm usually always whenever a pet needs their medicine, it's always.
Speaker 3: Me that has Oh my god, that's so funny. It's the same in my house almost like, hey, listen, I think it's five o'clock. The dog needs that ointment again, and I sort of look at her like chop chop.
Speaker 4: TikTok.
Speaker 5: It's always me.
Speaker 10: So anyway, yesterday I applied it, and the vet did say to us, lovely, Maggie, O it at green Crushggie.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like we're properly back nowas random character in life that none of us will ever meet or no suddenly get into stories that they don't need to be their lovely make So she had a good Christmas in New Year, she did.
Speaker 8: Actually she just welcomed a new nephew, which.
Speaker 4: Is shout out to Freddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Anyway, she said, look, just make sure you wash your hands after you've used this ointment because it will numb your finger, like you know, it won't hurt.
Speaker 4: You, but it'll be news fingers as well.
Speaker 10: Well they never stop anyway. So I did wash my hands, of course, But then I do have a habit with my nails. I sort of like, well, not chew them, but I'll just like, you know, tap tap. I'm a bit annoying like that with my nails. And obviously I still had a bit of ointment up under my pointer finger last night, and I.
Speaker 8: Felt only if it yes, it did, yeah.
Speaker 10: And down the side of my tongue started to feel a bit fuzzy and.
Speaker 5: And for a bit like that, it must be pretty powerful.
Speaker 8: It must be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, drip under the fingernail and a good glop.
Speaker 8: It was a decent glob of the stuff.
Speaker 5: Also when you've washed your hands. How thorough was the obviously not?
Speaker 3: I don't think she I think she choose her Now you start to say, sometimes choo, I tap, actually who taps on their mouths?
Speaker 10: But it was it was seriously numb for like twenty minute for fall, A bit like that Lah fight.
Speaker 3: I'd like to hear just one news. Actually, don't like that, Patty, have you got any of it now? And see what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Still the thumbs up as where me chack and Pat's telling me about the things we're into at the moment. Patsy, what's it for you? Kicking off the You watched.
Speaker 10: So much stuff over the break, but one of my favorite things was there's a new documentary on the Jerry Springer Show.
Speaker 3: Oh I've seen it. Isn't it a lot better than I thought it was going to be? Yeah?
Speaker 10: On Netflix Jerry Springer fights camera action and it's like a back ground look at this crazy great watch. And Jerry had absolutely no editorial control. I didn't realize I've had something, but he was just merely the host. It was a real, really deep delve into the role of the producers. And you thought a lot of it there are actors and pretending, but no, that wasn't the case.
Speaker 3: Because we grew up watching that show. There'd never been TV like that. It really was like a human zoo. Yes, and that was do you remember that actual fight. You know there should be that big old Yeah, it's great. It takes you back it to a moment in time when that used to be huge. That ships and then that strange bit used to do at the end, we try, I'm moralize to make us feel a bit less grubby about what I've been doing.
Speaker 10: Just bizarre and just you know how the producers it was almost like a blood sport coming up with the craziest plot for the next show, the.
Speaker 3: Carl and Jackie Oh Show. To be honest, I mean probably some of those producers moved on to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they probably just watched.
Speaker 4: Every three shows.
Speaker 10: And also just you know, the pursuit for ratings against Oprah and got there in the.
Speaker 3: End of ye Oprah wasn't always this kind of open that we know was super Soul Sunday. She was doing this other kind of freak shows, very spring time stuff like that.
Speaker 10: Well that was the days of early talk. Yes, it was trashy like that until they found their feet.
Speaker 5: So I loved it. But he always had don't you think he always had a little bit of like a nod to the camera that he knew that it was a ridiculous show that he come into.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, well yeah, I mean some of the plot lines. There was a guy I'm in love with my pony or something like like, he was having a relationship and.
Speaker 5: Again they're doing that.
Speaker 10: The other thing that I've discovered, and I hate to admit it, but we got home from holidays. I opened the front door and this god almighty foul stench whacked us in the face.
Speaker 8: We had a dead rat in the roof.
Speaker 3: The stink. We had one behind the fridge that we didn't know been decaying there for weeks, literally just trashing the house trying to work out what the smell was.
Speaker 8: Well, this was us.
Speaker 10: Chris pulled the fridge out. There was nothing under the fridge, so we cleaned under there. We just couldn't And it was weird because it was shifting around. It seemed like it was shifting around the house anyway. So it's still up there, it's died up there. I guess it's a skeleton now. But the smell, and I remember Mike Granny used to use this nil odor. It's this tiny little bottle of it's kind of like an antiseptic, but it's a deodoriser.
Speaker 3: What just for dean rats? It was a really niche. How many of those they shift in a year?
Speaker 10: But it's brilliant and I thought it's concentrated deodorizer. It's about five bucks a bottle at Coals and Woods.
Speaker 3: I could have done with that years ago, for it when the girls were right in peak teenage years, because those bedrooms there's used to really FuG.
Speaker 4: Because the clothes they just festering on the floor.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well this is great, and I thought, of course we just I was using bleach and then all you could smell was bleach.
Speaker 4: So what is it? What's the replacment smell?
Speaker 10: What is I don't know if I can describe it. I want to say it's like a vanilla, but it's not a vanilla.
Speaker 5: It's not a masking thing though, it's like trying to take away the smell.
Speaker 3: So it's a neutral smell, neutral smell.
Speaker 5: I've got a great rat story.
Speaker 3: Maybe later on, let's take a break, we'll come back with Jack and Ize. Double thumbs Up.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're doing double thumbs Up this is where we go around the team too. Things were into at the moment before us. She was Jackie boy, what's the rat story?
Speaker 5: So my in laws were here right up until we came back on Monday, and it reached peak hysteria over the weekend when I heard yelling from another room like aha, it's my mother in law, and I get they're in the house so much that I begin to like hide in different rooms of my own house to get a little bit of a breather. So I didn't. I was like, I'm not even going to deal with this. Whatever's going on, let them deal with it. Screaming, screaming, and she's going the rat the rat. Spanish is her first language, so she's saying like, rat on, rat on. The one thing I can't do is through rat.
Speaker 4: On powerful action.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: I know the venezuela, but that's very.
Speaker 5: Good to me. So I can hear them through the next room and they're make trying to make the sheets on Gordy's bed and they said there's a dead mouse living between his mattress and said that is that is disgusted on.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 5: If that's true, that is very disgusting. So I see my father in law come back from the kitchen with a big garbage bag over his hand to come and collect the rat. I go in behind him.
Speaker 4: Backup.
Speaker 5: Because he was he was in there. Should have pushed the seat of the crime. It's his, it's his case. My mother in law still yelling the right like, rocking back and forth in the corner. He goes to grab grab the dead mouse and it's Gordie's plastic rhino toys.
Speaker 3: All right, Jackie boy, what is double thumbs up for you?
Speaker 4: What have you enjoyed over the last couple of weeks?
Speaker 5: I mentioned the Ivichy documentary this week it's on Netflix. I really like. It's called I'm Tim and I never cared about electronic dance music. I actually always wondered how it was so popular. But this is the first time they ever watched a documentary that made me care about it. And I care so much about a beach now and we have had a veach here.
Speaker 4: It's a really interesting talent.
Speaker 3: Obviously we like the kind of music which is guitar and drumas and we know all that, but yeah, em music is huge. It brings so many people so much joy, and he's a real artist.
Speaker 4: And visionary. He deserves to be respected like.
Speaker 5: That, and he got to the point where every artist, whether they were electronic music or not a cold Play, wanted to work with him because of his talents as behind the laptop and as a music producer. Then the other thing I really loved is we're watching No Good Deed on Netflix, which is Ray Romano and Lisa Kudrome. They're a married couple.
Speaker 3: And you enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 3: I was a bit cheesy. Yeah, yeah, I thought you now I love love. I didn't. Yeah, I thought that was just lukewarm. Yeah yeah. How far are you into it?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: He the how?
Speaker 3: I don't want to give.
Speaker 5: What's happened to the brother? Has happened to the brother?
Speaker 4: That's where we're right, okay? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Should we keep watching?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, keep watching? Keep watching?
Speaker 5: Now want mystery?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you have to get to the end of it as well. All right, just a couple of things then for me, I read my first great book of the year by some month Harvey. I read in a couple of hours. It's a tiny little book, but it's beautiful. It's called Orbital. I think it won like the book a Prize. But it is such a great read. You do it in a couple of hours, really really good book. My daughter's got it for me for Christmas. Nate Baghetti, one of the best storytellers, I would say the best storyteller stand up in the world right now, dropped a new special on Netflix over Christmas that is outstanding. Just a masterclass in stand up and storytelling. It's a brilliant thing.
Speaker 5: Did you see you know the Maps app Ways? Yes, he's the voice of Ways.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's got such a great voice, isn't it Built for comedy on Delivery? And then two other shows for me as well. There's so many great spy shows at the moment. It started a couple of years ago with the huge success of an outstanding show, Slow Horses, and then Dana Jackal, which I said last year I loved, and then there's a new one now with Michael Fassbender.
Speaker 4: You've seen many of his films.
Speaker 5: Is a good actor.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it. He's in something called The Agency that also has Richard Gearing. I haven't seen Richard again. He stall looks. I mean, he's got to be late seventies now, Oh my god, he still looks amazing. He's still just one of the best looking leading men ever. I think Richard Gears he's in that which is very good, and Liones is outstanding as well. That's on Apple TV. Love that finished the second season last weekend.
Speaker 4: I thought it was brilliant.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning, It's The Christian O'Connell Show, Friday morning, Big show today, first naked hour of the year coming up in twenty minutes time. But before all of that, since last year, we've been building two today and now to be stood right in the middle of Key Arena on the court by this giant bullseye, were hopefully one of sixteen of you trying to hit the ball over the Key Arena into me and Jack where we're going to be courtside. And then two amazing VIP prizes. It's the Grand Slams. This weekend's the finals. You're off to the women's and the men's. Let's get it on.
Speaker 11: On the eve of the finals, sixteen Christian O'Connell Show listeners will battle it out for VIP seats to the men's and women's finals. They must serve a tennis ball from the outside. Ki arena, over the roof, over the seats, over the net and into the court service face.
Speaker 5: Many say it can't be done. Can that be serious?
Speaker 11: That O'Connell's a madman, that the odds are too great?
Speaker 3: But to watch the greats you.
Speaker 11: Must become a great who amongst them is worthy.
Speaker 3: Time fun talk is over.
Speaker 11: The time fun serving is now live from Kier Arena.
Speaker 3: It's time to knock it into the park. Good morning, It's a Christian O'Connors show. We are live from the Australian Open. Let's go outside to the Key Arena now where roaming rio and is fake BT, Tash and Jack Posts are there with all the contenders today. Jack, can you hear me, Christian? I can hear you loud and clear. I'm all alone at the moment. Hopefully some balls are gonna be dropping in to see me. Excuse me, madam. During the next hour the tennis balls grow up everybody. Jack described the scene there the other side of the Key Arena.
Speaker 5: We are separated by the wall of the coliseum. I'm outside the Key Arena ready to watch our contestants hit the ball over the roof. What should happen is it lands in the service court of the tennis court on Key Arena. I'm gonna have the first go this morning, all right.
Speaker 3: Roaming rio with your BT Tash, are you also ready to be picking up the action. Jack's going to be here, going to be measuring the distance from closest to the pin. If anything, don't manage to do this golden shot that we're asking to How is everyone looking this morning, Christian?
Speaker 6: It's like being at rod Laver Arena for the finals.
Speaker 7: There is a lot of tension, there's a lot of pacing around, very different characters. We've got Finn, our very cocky youngster, been strutting around like he owns the place. We've also got the world's tallest man. It's like we've got Aquaman six nine. He's six foot eight, he's set the fly swatter and he's an imposing figure. And then we've got it's a real Motley Crui that you'll find.
Speaker 5: Out, Maria. Why is someone wearing a doctor's love coat?
Speaker 3: Oh that's the fake doctor, Dr Rob.
Speaker 5: Dr Rob.
Speaker 6: He's our physics expert.
Speaker 7: He's calculated exactly the angle and exactly how hard he has to.
Speaker 6: Hit it, so we have obviously given him a love coat.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's be honest now quick for amongst the three of us, do we think they're actually going to be able to do this? Because I do believe that a couple of them will get it over the roof right and onto the court, but obviously it's over the other side of the net where I am.
Speaker 4: Do we think they're actually going to do this?
Speaker 3: I think I believe.
Speaker 5: I think we'll see some balls go over the roof, which is a feat in itself. But you can't see the tennis court from out here, so.
Speaker 4: Hang a minute.
Speaker 3: There's some childish arrows that produce a Caitlin put on the floor. Of course, you can follow the yellow brick road.
Speaker 5: There's a four cardboard cutouts of.
Speaker 3: Someone's doing their skill project down here, not an adult.
Speaker 5: Pointing towards the arena. So from the outside we can get the general idea of where the court is, but it's going to take a lot of life.
Speaker 3: See if anyone needs, you can probably guess where the court is. In the middle of the arena. It's a big carty shaped thing. Who's going to be looking towards like Olympic boulevard, smashing it that way?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: All the hitting starts in a couple of minutes time.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 3: Good Morning with Life from the Australian Open this morning, I'm in the middle of Key Arena. We're in and two minutes time the game is going to start. Knock It into the Park to open the tournament officially. The one and only Jack Posts as Cross now live to the other side of the Key Arena.
Speaker 5: I wish I didn't volunteer for this, Christian. All the contestants have started asking me or just saying, we're going to watch how you hit it and then use that information to judge how far we hit it, how high we hit it. And I'm not a tennis player.
Speaker 4: No, it's more like your crash test, dummy right now?
Speaker 5: Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good luck, Good luck Jack. To officially open knock it into the Park. The first shot fired is Jack Post, show them how it should be done?
Speaker 4: Jack, what is it?
Speaker 5: Straight into the roof.
Speaker 6: It didn't make it even probably halfway up the roof. It was barely over.
Speaker 3: Halfway just like all the competitors. In a minute, you get two serves. Okay, so that was your first one. The warm up shot has been fired.
Speaker 5: We have time for a quick rebuttal that wasn't weak, risks actually very hard.
Speaker 6: It was so bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, second shot, make it count. Knock it into the wreena jack, Come on, I'm looking up high.
Speaker 4: Anything.
Speaker 6: Oh it's just cleared the roof via a matter of millimeters.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, has it landed here?
Speaker 5: Bore?
Speaker 3: The only thing that's landed here some bird poop. Now he has this landed? You got it? Engineering. You're just courtside at the edge of the court. We're just measuring how far away you were from the target in the service box, Caitlyn. How far away was his short? But he got it onto the court?
Speaker 1: Twelve meters so close.
Speaker 3: So close. No room at the finals for you. All right, let's play a song when we come back. It all begins. Knock it into the park. Here On The Christian O'Connell Show on Gold I'm looking at a clock on the court course. It's a Rolex one. It's just straight and open.
Speaker 4: I want that rodex clock in the studio now.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Live from the Australian Open John the next hour and a half then sixteen of you are the other side of the Key arena. Jack is now joining me back on the court. We're literally stood on the court right now. Whether it's a Legends game, doubles game, right here, yesterday, evening, all around, whether you normally have the top tier sponsors, Jack and advertisers, is knock it into the park and our show we label and the great thing is no one can see it. That's our kind of marketing. He's see it on Instagram and five of us. I'm sure I really appreciate it. I'm sending pictures home to our mum and dad. They'd be so proud I've made it to the Australian Open in some form. All right, Rio is outside the Key arena. Let's get this started, Rio, are you ready? Who is hitting?
Speaker 6: First of all, Christian, I'm here with our gen z alpha male. Finn.
Speaker 7: He's cocky, he's arrogant, and he's only getting cockier by the second.
Speaker 6: He's ready to go.
Speaker 3: I thought you're talking about yourself there, you've met your double gain.
Speaker 5: He's talking into a mirror during the what are you talking about? Pump up?
Speaker 3: All right? So we got Finn? You got Finn there? Yes, yeah, he's on the mic. All right, Finn, good luck. How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 5: History awaits a bit nervous seeing how high this thing is, but we'll see how I go. I reckon. I'm still confident.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you get two shots. Good luck, Fin.
Speaker 3: It's always tough being the first one, but we'll wish you all the best luck favors the brave Finn off you go.
Speaker 5: Thank you? All right?
Speaker 7: Ready he's lining up three two, one, bang.
Speaker 3: Bob, don't look that noise the roof a right, hear that? Listeners, there's a noise, isn't there? The rack kit kind of went, oh, I got a ball going over shot. I've seen the stands. It bounces twice. It is in the stands. I would say, row three, he made it too good? I guessing there yet? Rod three? Hey first, so two of you now, Jack of the practice shot. But Finn did hit it into the arena first shot this morning. Well done, Finn. Rio who's up next?
Speaker 6: All right, we've got doctor Rob.
Speaker 7: He's our physics expert, and he's calculated all the parabblers, every little variable involved, and he's gonna hit it straight in.
Speaker 4: He tells me Jack I've got no idea what a parable it is?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: Hope?
Speaker 3: It sounds big, it sounds fancy. All right, Dr Rob, are you ready?
Speaker 5: I'm ready, Christian.
Speaker 12: It's a thirteen kilometer west of southwest winds, so the barabola probably needs to be at a round about forty five meters and a with a ball weighing fifty six grams. We're talking about one point five killer duels of energy.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's crunched the numbers. He's ready to go. Okay, Dr Rob, bring all the science now to athleticism. Unleash your inner power. Off you go, Dr Rob. First shot?
Speaker 5: Oh straight, that clang there.
Speaker 3: We don't need a sound effect, are we going? Do we need a sound efit like we heard it?
Speaker 6: Second shot coming up. Oh it's worse than the first shot.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that sounded.
Speaker 5: We're going to be putting.
Speaker 3: That all right? That doctor's been struck off, Bye bye, Dr Rob. Who's up next?
Speaker 5: For all right?
Speaker 7: We've got Stephen who his wife is a sam STOs that look alike.
Speaker 6: Apparently that's good enough to get a spot in the competition.
Speaker 3: This is one of those where you're like, how did they get through? We are thousands going to pick me? Pick me?
Speaker 5: Wouldn't it make more sense to have the sam STOs that look alike here.
Speaker 3: I said on air, where it's like she can come down and take part.
Speaker 5: We've got the husband.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got the ring up. The guy who's going to win it.
Speaker 6: He said he's gonna get it in twice, so there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of pressure that he's all right, all right, good luck, good.
Speaker 7: Luck Stephen, A good luck Steven. Three two one. He's moved very close.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's gone overarmed and it's over the road sounding.
Speaker 3: It's in the arena onto.
Speaker 5: The court, so it's the first one we've had on the court. Is just behind the umpire's box, so it's not a legal serve. We're about to find out how far he is currently is the closer, how.
Speaker 4: Far away we are?
Speaker 1: Fifteen?
Speaker 3: Great first shot though, very strong, sounded clean. Okay, let's get the second serve.
Speaker 6: Let's go Stephen. He's doing overarm serves. Oh that's good, it's high.
Speaker 5: It's huge. Monster shot in the exactly pretty much in the exact same position as his first one behind the umpires.
Speaker 4: Tell you what, we can't fault his accuracy.
Speaker 5: Fifteen meters.
Speaker 3: I would say, okay, well done, very good going so far.
Speaker 6: Who's up next, Rio, Christian, We've got our supermum.
Speaker 5: Kelly.
Speaker 7: She's a frustrated mum of four and she's ready to blow off some steam.
Speaker 4: One of the listener favorites.
Speaker 3: One of the listener favorites.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Kelly, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you now?
Speaker 3: Listen good? I wish you all the best. You are one of the listener favorites. You know why, because they understand that frustration. I need to channel all that energy, all that anger and that frustration into the racket, into the ball and knock it into the Areena Kelly, I'm going to try to do this, get it on.
Speaker 5: I'm going to try. Good luck, come out, thank you.
Speaker 6: Here we go, right, here we go, Kelly, she's lining up.
Speaker 4: Come on, Kelly, under arms.
Speaker 3: It's going to clear the roof. Key Okay.
Speaker 7: Actually, it actually costs us money to retrieve the balls every time it gets stuck on the roof.
Speaker 5: So contestants, if we can.
Speaker 6: Please clear that roof.
Speaker 7: It's clipped the top corner of the roof and bounced back towards us.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Kelly, Kelly, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 13: All right, let's get one more, one more, all right, our last one for this round.
Speaker 5: We've got prew. She is a mom.
Speaker 7: She's hit the ball over her own house with a wooden racket. She now has a technifiber racket from Racket World, a modern racket best.
Speaker 3: I think Djokovic is playing with a couple of them tonight. He went out there yesterday to Epping to get them. He got that ten percent discount as well. He loves a bargain. It's the joker. All right, good luck, kiss my ace.
Speaker 5: Let's go prow.
Speaker 6: All right, here we go, prew three two one.
Speaker 5: H hit.
Speaker 7: She's shaking it off and she's ready to go for a second serve. Come on through three.
Speaker 3: Sous over Here we go.
Speaker 4: That's better.
Speaker 3: Oh it's the closest one so far.
Speaker 5: It's a few meters short of the baseline, so not a legal serve, but it could be our closest that we have yet.
Speaker 3: Great shot though, Oh wow, so good, very good. All right, let's play in excess right now. Seven twenty six, Christian O'Connell's show on Gold Live this morning from the Australian Open.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Going to the giant Rolex watch on court at the Key Arena. That's leaving with me. I'm putting in the back of an uber. I'm out of here. Just try and stop me. Just try and stop me. Australian Open Jack and I alive. This morning. We are on the court at the Key Arena for Knock It into the Park. There are sixteen contenders outside the arena. Each morning gets two shots, two serves to get it onto the court here.
Speaker 4: So far five have taken their shots.
Speaker 5: Only two have made it even into their a and now close as he's fifteen meters short of an illegal serve. So he's our current leader. His name is Stephen. He got in because his wife looks like Sam Stozer.
Speaker 3: That's good enough for us. That is literally wild seed. You know there's somebody's doing that in Grand Slams and wild seed. He's our wild seed. But everyone's done very well so far though. I've just had a quick look on the video replay. I've seen what happened with doctor Robs when it somehow, you know, he was all the talk of. He crunched all the numbers, the physics, the angles, he was moneyballing it. Oh well, he money, boughed it back at himself. The ball goes up into the end. Somehow he bent space and physics. Stephen Hawking will be spinning in his grave right now and it comes back, comes back on top of him and goes behind extraordinary scenes here today, all right, let's get into the Naked Hour. Play the music.
Speaker 14: Oh Christian, we've got no songs for the whole hour. Oh nick nig nig nick nig nag naked our Naked Hour. Oh neck niggigg nig nigg leggd hour, Naked Hour.
Speaker 3: Just realize Jack and I do in the show today. We're in the open. We're in this you know what is it like five and a half thousand and sixties and six thousand seat stadium. There's no one here. We literally I feel like someone we're talking, feels like we're talking to ourselves.
Speaker 5: It's a strange Felix speaking.
Speaker 3: All right, So today then the theme last hour. You're picking all the music in the song title day for the Naked Hour. We give you the topic. You pick the songs today. It's in the song title. Must have something to do with Tennis, Patsy. What are you going for this morning? What do you think we should play.
Speaker 10: I'm going to go for a game, sit match. I'm going to go Power of Love Huey Lewis and the.
Speaker 3: News She's Holding Aces, She's.
Speaker 10: Holding Aces nineteen eighty five. Feedured not just one, but two Huey Lewis songs on the soundtrack Back to the Future, Wild You.
Speaker 3: It might be worth you thinking about other songs that are never from the eighties whenever we ask you for any songs. I love the eighties, right, but you only ever go with the eighties. You ate the nineties and the two thousands.
Speaker 10: Oh, I know I've done some nineties, sprinkled a bit of nineties thousands.
Speaker 4: It is, boy, what are you going for?
Speaker 5: I've gone for the word love as well in my title I've gone love fool by the Cardigan.
Speaker 3: Good Tune Atty Won't nine. It's not for you, Nay quite please, spectators, quite please, all right. I've gone for another word other than love. I've gone with this song by Steve Harley and the Cockney Rebel. I'm a joker, I'm a smoker. Play tonight very c yeah, alright ninety four one four one oh four to three. What songs should we played from eight this morning. You're picking all the songs. Something in the title do with tennis. Let's go back now is pick up the action. The hitters are primed. Rio is the other side of the key arena. Who do you have ready to go?
Speaker 5: Christian?
Speaker 6: I'm here, the sun's up and a crowd is gathering.
Speaker 7: We've got ball boys, we got umpires, we've got administrators walking through.
Speaker 5: There's about to the administrators, the bureaucrats the way.
Speaker 3: How much aren't they? I can't start thinking that we've got to pay to get any balls at the land on the What is that? How do you charge something like that?
Speaker 6: We'll find out the costs will drop. A cost for you in the song is.
Speaker 3: Like a gym.
Speaker 4: It's Jim's ball collectors.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: I think Jack has to go off.
Speaker 3: All right then, so who's already here?
Speaker 6: We've got Richard, the women's cricket coach.
Speaker 7: He smashes balls out of stadiums for a living, and now he's going to smash one into a stadium and hopefully win two amazing tickets.
Speaker 4: Rich Yeah, good luck, Richard, Thank you, Richard. How are you feeling? You think you can do it? No one on the court yet.
Speaker 5: Feeling good.
Speaker 3: Thank you, solid glutes. Let's go whoa oh no, sounded like a trickler.
Speaker 5: Allright.
Speaker 4: Is how Australia plays cricket.
Speaker 5: It's saying this all that's sorry.
Speaker 3: It's Shore is coming in. It's oh in the stands.
Speaker 5: It's okay. Richard's quick, the quickest one, the closest one yet. I would guess twenty five.
Speaker 3: Don't mother measuring it? Okay, Rio, who have you got tough like Richard? Who's up next?
Speaker 5: Up here?
Speaker 7: We've got the dog walker, Tim, he's been practicing for five years.
Speaker 5: Whacking.
Speaker 3: They give a better intro.
Speaker 4: Than a dog walker. What's he just walking his dog? Nearby?
Speaker 3: The dog walker?
Speaker 5: Anyone can be.
Speaker 13: One, just to shout out to my dog Billy for getting me here. Thanks rich Oh, all right, listen, good luck buddy. Okay, all right, he's lining up. Great carves on him.
Speaker 5: Whack. Oh, he's hit at high but coming in. It's coming in.
Speaker 3: I see it. Oh, just behind the roll, landed on the court.
Speaker 4: Great shot.
Speaker 3: If I could say anything, he was aiming it just to the right. He's right, you're right straight.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's a good one. It's in the stadium.
Speaker 5: Shore as well. Okay, that's very close. I understand where it was. I'm going to say that that's ten meters away from and.
Speaker 4: So well done.
Speaker 3: Both shots. Both shots onto the court. Again, not a legal serve, but it's not to inclapart both shots. Is incredible, not really that straight. The tank measure that's going on at the moment, ten minutes of what it's all curvy shot is measuring. I've never seen how many meters.
Speaker 5: Yes, tens bang and yelling at me, give me Bundy and coke.
Speaker 3: Alright, rio, let's get one more.
Speaker 7: All right, we've got Live and Nick here, our double act. Live is actually pregnant. So we've got Live Nick. They got engaged on a tennis court. We've got our first pregnant hitter.
Speaker 3: These people are just tennis mad. They just love this year.
Speaker 5: So they're going to hit at the same time.
Speaker 6: No, they're going to do one straight after another.
Speaker 5: So lives getting no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, let's do it the same time. Double shots, double shots on a Friday.
Speaker 6: All right, they're lining up, they're facing.
Speaker 3: Good love, all right, Leave and Nick hitting together.
Speaker 6: Three, two, one, go, Oh, yes, it's over.
Speaker 3: The court.
Speaker 5: Wow, we no messing four meters from the service box. It's the first one to land in the court.
Speaker 3: I've actually got goosebumps.
Speaker 5: I can't tell if I Live or nixt shot which one went over the roof.
Speaker 7: That probably would have been Nick's Live hit the roof, so unlikely it was her, so I reckon that's probably Nick.
Speaker 4: They play us one, They play us one.
Speaker 5: There are current leaders and do you know what the winner?
Speaker 3: He is here right now? Love, okay, the second shot right now? Oh no, they just get the one because another case, mister rule. All of a suddenly giant square hang out with the administrators.
Speaker 5: Again. Three two, one, come on, you can do this.
Speaker 3: Double shots. The power one comes in.
Speaker 5: But it's not going to challenge the leader at the moment. So Nick and Live are currently four meters from the service box, so they are our closest served so far.
Speaker 3: Well done, guys. We're going to take a break. We'll come back to Knock It into the Park.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We are live from the Australian Open this morning for Knock It into the Park for grabs an amazing price, sorry, two amazing prizes. The women's final tomorrow and Sunday the men's final as well. Can anyone knock it onto the court here in the Key Arena so far checking where the closest is our double couple who are huge tennis fans, Live and Nick.
Speaker 5: That's right. It was our most recent serve and it's currently our best four meters from the service box. If it's the best today, they will be in their way to the tickets. But we still have hitters to come.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into this week's Naked Hour. We do this every Friday, the last hour the show. We'll let you pick all the songs. We give you the theme today it's in the song time, so it's got us something to do with tennis. First up this morning, Good morning to Catherine.
Speaker 6: Good morning from magnificent Mornington.
Speaker 10: How are you all?
Speaker 3: And good morning from the magnificent Key Arena the Australian Open.
Speaker 4: We're great, actually, I hope everyone's appreciating.
Speaker 3: It is really hard actually to hit a tennis ball into the Key Arena.
Speaker 4: Catherine, what's your song? What do you think we have to play this morning?
Speaker 2: Well, this is one for the hitters.
Speaker 9: Hit me with your best shot.
Speaker 4: Good Friday vibes, this big up song. I love it. Katherine, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Enjoy your long weekend. All right, let's go to lockey now. Good morning, Locky, Good morning, hell are we we're good?
Speaker 4: Lucky?
Speaker 3: Okay, what would you love to hear this morning? Ntil the next hour?
Speaker 5: Lucky definitely gonna be a great ball the fire, Oh the.
Speaker 3: Killer Jerry Lee Lewis.
Speaker 6: We all know it was fun.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 4: This will sound great out back of love it.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, lock you have a great long weekend. Alicia, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: So I was thinking of tennis calls things like that.
Speaker 15: Sometimes you want to get the call of out, sometimes you don't.
Speaker 3: So let's think of take me out from time for him, good tune, good thinking as well. I like it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: If you got anyone song suggestions, give us a call nine four one four one four three. Before we get into Patsy's news, let's get another coup. More contenders away Rio who if you got.
Speaker 7: There, Christian, I'm here with our new sensation, the thirteen year old tennis gun Gun Grant. I don't think it's going to be long before you're actually seeing him playing in Kiya Arena, but for now we've got him outside Kia Arena, ready to hit it in.
Speaker 3: Grant, how are you feeling? Make Christian? Here, we're inside, we're on court. We're hoping you can do it. Do you think you can?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'll just whack in, give it a crack.
Speaker 3: That's a spirit, my friend, that's a spirit, laid back iconic. He no, he doesn't.
Speaker 4: He is one of them.
Speaker 3: All right, good luck?
Speaker 6: All right, wow, first one, a little bit low, take your time. Second one.
Speaker 5: As well.
Speaker 6: We've got a double roof. But that's okay that I.
Speaker 5: Could do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Rio Rio, those who obviously practice shots, let's get let's get Grant to begin again.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is it, now, this is it now, Come on, buddy, new sensation. We believe in you.
Speaker 5: All right, great, come back, shake it off.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 6: Obviously those were just practice goes, walk it off, shake that off, Go and do that.
Speaker 12: We all know.
Speaker 5: There we got.
Speaker 3: He's made it into the arena on the courts, not on the court.
Speaker 5: It's not a winner, but it did clear the roof.
Speaker 3: Well done, graund Well done Grant with his proper shot there, well done, well done.
Speaker 4: That's great. Thirteen year old kids, all right, your second serve?
Speaker 3: Good luck? Oh that's nice, sounded good sounded true again hitch stand who drops down, plops down.
Speaker 5: First row of the stands, Rio, but he did hit it into the part.
Speaker 3: Both shots well done, big groundplause for the young sensation there from the crowd, Administrators and bureaucrats.
Speaker 5: Did you find out, Rio, how much a custom retreat a ball from the roof or what is it?
Speaker 6: I haven't found the relevant person yet.
Speaker 4: We need that by nine? Okay, who else have we got here?
Speaker 3: Rio?
Speaker 6: We've got we have got the ball breaker.
Speaker 5: Cam. Who's going to hit a squash ball?
Speaker 7: He hits a squash ball so hard it exploded, And now he's going to give a tennis ball the biggest whack.
Speaker 5: That he can.
Speaker 3: Only a man would say something like that, I hit it so hard it exploded.
Speaker 5: They have to close the squash course up a.
Speaker 3: Hole through the wall, all right, Come on, then, mister squash.
Speaker 6: Give it a whack limber arms.
Speaker 7: Here we go, three two, one, Oh, it's okay, week And it actually didn't make it even five meters.
Speaker 5: We've kicked didn't make it. Five meters didn't make it for me.
Speaker 4: It was the back of a thirteen year old boy. Child that has got to hurt.
Speaker 3: Come on, jam Come on, jam here, easy to be a hero at squash. Big game to sounds good coming up in the fifth throw, fifth throw hits the stands. All right, let's get one more and then we'll get into Patty news.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: This is Keith.
Speaker 7: He's we're called in the Chancer because when he first called in he thought he was winning a spot in the actual Australian Open.
Speaker 4: I remember this character. Yeah, surprise he's still with us.
Speaker 6: He does keep wondering where we've got to.
Speaker 3: Keep through the next They won't officially confirmed by me and Jack and these friends of yours, by the way, trying out and fil AGAINSTOK, isn't it.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Keith the Chancer?
Speaker 4: Good luck mate?
Speaker 5: All right, let's go Keith. Here we go.
Speaker 6: He's lining up three two, one.
Speaker 5: Short of the baseline of the chord.
Speaker 4: Great first shot and he's got the direction perfect.
Speaker 5: That is the best aim of Saint Rio. So just get him to put a bit more source on it, a.
Speaker 3: Bit more juice. It's so easy for Jack and I to say that, just put some effort into it.
Speaker 5: Keith, Whack, Here we go, have the sauce that bad. He's in the cord. He's in the chord, but it's going to be have our best shot.
Speaker 3: So far, he's in second place at the moment. Cool Keith, well done.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show Live from the Australian Open for Knock at Into Park.
Speaker 4: We're into the hour of power.
Speaker 3: We give you a theme. You pick all the songs today because we're lying from the It's treaight and open anything of the song. Time to a tennis Friday. I'm in love by the cure. A lot of the listeners who are down there taking parts trying to knock their tennis balls into the court here at the Key Arena are saying, Christian, these are no normal tennis rackets, and they're right. They've been strung by one of the world's greatest tennis racket stringers. His earth name is Nathan. He's from racket World and he just that's his medium. That's how he comes alive, that's how he works. It's so every one of these hitters today are hitting not with normal tennis rackets. They're not for members of the public. They're for real pros. Actually, you can buy them with a very beautiful ten percent discount you simply whisper. Make sure there's no one overhearing it. He's not one of our lovely listeners.
Speaker 4: You say, God.
Speaker 3: And Nathan will give you a whopping ten percent off until the end of the month.
Speaker 6: Rio, are you there, I'm here, Christian. I do have an update for you.
Speaker 7: It's gonna cost us two hundred and fifty dollars plus GST.
Speaker 6: So that's another ten percent.
Speaker 5: Who's given you a quote for that? That's what it costs to retrieve?
Speaker 3: How many on the roof?
Speaker 6: Currently one?
Speaker 7: So we're two hundred and about two hundred and seventy five dollars down at the moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll do it for two hundred cash. That's a good deal. That's a good deal, all right.
Speaker 3: Rio, We're down to the final five. There were sixteen the final five. Now who is going to be win those tickets to both of the finals this weekend? Who have you got with you? Rio?
Speaker 7: I'm with Sophie and our last It is actually just four hitters left, Christian, and these are all I would.
Speaker 3: Say, Oh, wait, did you find the guy who just wandered off we walk? Someone went for a walk?
Speaker 5: Actually, where has he got a git?
Speaker 6: I haven't got ice on him at the moment.
Speaker 5: Keep control of your contestants.
Speaker 3: Please, job out there.
Speaker 7: We've got three four probably our most likely hitters here ready to go first up.
Speaker 3: With That's a nice way to make everyone else has been down there since six feel good. Yeah, enough with the John goes now, Christian, we're at prime time. Let's bring out the real ones. Yeah, now under that guy wandered off.
Speaker 5: Alright, remind me who Sophie is.
Speaker 7: Sorry, sorry, We've got Sophie who was a ball ball girl on this very court for four years in two thousand.
Speaker 6: She's ready to go. She's a tennis expert and she's.
Speaker 3: Here intimate knowledge. Sophie, good luck. How are you feeling, mate?
Speaker 6: Pretty good?
Speaker 5: Actually I feel confident.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's doable. We have seen that already this morning, so good luck. Let's see you get on with your first serve. Off you go, Sophie.
Speaker 4: You all right?
Speaker 5: She's lining up.
Speaker 6: Oh that's over, definitely.
Speaker 5: It's coming high towards jack, just short of the baseline again, so close, just a bit more power, but a good direction.
Speaker 3: Beautiful man explaining from the jack. It's more power, little lady.
Speaker 5: Great direction.
Speaker 3: There's a guy there.
Speaker 4: You can give your hand as well.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh it's coming in.
Speaker 5: Oh man, better so better so Joe still short of the baseline over prime.
Speaker 3: Tough luck, Sophie. But you did knock it into the part. Well done, Rio, Who is up next?
Speaker 6: Should we have the ball feeder?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 3: There he is.
Speaker 5: Channeling Federer.
Speaker 4: FedEx.
Speaker 3: Good luck, bull feeder.
Speaker 5: Off you go, all right, Here we go.
Speaker 6: It's an aggressive shot.
Speaker 3: Sounds great, it's coming high.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, said Jack.
Speaker 3: He hit Jack and the knee.
Speaker 5: Why do you get the way of it. We're trying to get out now, you know, tow the arena.
Speaker 3: One of those big lanky knees. Now he hit Jack's bony knee.
Speaker 5: There's so much space there.
Speaker 3: How do you know he was running into it?
Speaker 5: Run away?
Speaker 3: Just stay here?
Speaker 5: Where okay where? We don't know where it it was. He was in the very It will be our second best, currently our second best.
Speaker 12: Wow we go.
Speaker 4: He lives name ballfeeder.
Speaker 5: Oh my, okay, a bit harder, tell him a bit harder.
Speaker 3: You should get out the way with you.
Speaker 5: Here we go, all right, ball Oh my god, oh my god, it's so close.
Speaker 3: Well just outside, Caitlyn wants the schools on the doors, how many at five? Oh my, suddenly a very serious face on there. Too close to god, too hot to handle.
Speaker 5: That means our two leaders at the moment are both about four meters from the service box.
Speaker 3: We are getting closer, Jack, we are getting closer to the target.
Speaker 5: What are you going to do and get a more accurate ruler?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 3: I got no idea that that was one of those faces where just just move on hard when you live on air. Don't come to me, don't come to this goes right to the top, right, So sue the boss here by the way, Thank God for that. We're going to need you in a minute. Caitlyn's face, something's happened, and I don't know what to do next. Despite having a ten thousand hour meeting the other day, she's measuring it.
Speaker 5: She crawled under the net so that she gets okay, okay, okay, who you got there?
Speaker 7: I am with the world's tallest man. He's sort of like an almost ad Jason Momoa lookerlike. He's six foot eight. He's the same dimensions as the Great Gorn. I wow, he replicates his long levers, strong levers. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: That's high.
Speaker 3: That's coming into the court. It's definitely on the court. It's avoided jack, it's landed short on the court.
Speaker 5: It won't be our closest yet again, just a.
Speaker 3: Little bit first shot strong onto the court, a bit more juice, way more juice. Great, aim, perfect, he doesn't even wait.
Speaker 4: Resets, no shorter.
Speaker 6: It was a bit of a miship.
Speaker 5: That's nothing.
Speaker 3: No okay, the language no, no, inertly out of your book. Give him some tough lif walk walk all right, are we going to Japan?
Speaker 5: It is time.
Speaker 3: It's time.
Speaker 7: Our Japanese tennis coach Tetsuo, he's here with me. He's quiet, went around, he's ready. He's a man of a few words, but he's got a steely determination.
Speaker 5: In his eyes.
Speaker 3: Comes through the balls and the racket exactly exactly that racket songs good luck this morning.
Speaker 6: He's got a ball.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Oh my gosh, you should see the racket. Heead speed on this man. Oh my goodness. All right, three two.
Speaker 3: Bang, smash is coming high.
Speaker 5: It's actually cleared the net, but it's off to the side. You need him to go left.
Speaker 3: His next one go left, distance was perfect, perfect, That is Japanese precision.
Speaker 6: Okay, he's taking his time he's taking a few bouncers.
Speaker 3: The master does what needs.
Speaker 5: So close?
Speaker 3: It's so close, so close? Now that was a credible who's cleared the service box? Wow, it's so close.
Speaker 5: Now this three that are so close.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna need to take an ad break to do some measuring. We will come back. Everyone has hit now we'll be back with the winner next.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: The crowd are on their feet. A winner must be crowned. We're at the big moment now, good morning. It's the Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four point three live from the Australian Open. All the final three hitters very very close, are really close. Finish today to the first ever knock it into the park up for grabs. What a weekend of tennis for one of the winners today. Then it's the finals, both finals women's tomorrow and then the men's on Sunday. Huge prizes, amazing standard of big hits today, rio some big shots a lot better than we thought.
Speaker 6: Yes, Christian unbelieved.
Speaker 3: You need to keep talking about that woman next to witch. Yes, Christian, next to each other. Mate, it's gone into TV mode. Yes, Christian you.
Speaker 5: Told me Roam.
Speaker 6: It fell off anyway, But big shots, incredible length, incredible hot, incredible.
Speaker 3: Words.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, let's find our winning now.
Speaker 3: Then now we're going to go to producer Kaitlin here has been measuring in quite a haphazard way, to be honest. All right, Caitlin, we have our three finalists who got the closest some monster shots today? In reverse order than how have they done? Who is winning their way into the finals?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Coming in at number three?
Speaker 5: We four?
Speaker 4: No, no, appause needs to be quicker than.
Speaker 3: Melbourne is listening. The world is listening. Good morning sports fans around the globe.
Speaker 1: With four point one meters away from the target, double.
Speaker 3: Act live a nick to have luck?
Speaker 4: So close, so close, so close? All right? Second place?
Speaker 5: All right, so wait when we read that. When we read second place, we're going to figure out in your.
Speaker 3: Heads you should have discussed this. Retake Good morning gold one A four point three. It's the Christian O'Connell show. All right, who is our winner this morning? We're pros. We make it up as we go along. We really do. It's a great living. Who is the winn at wait five seconds?
Speaker 9: Okay, there is a shot that is three point nine meters away, and there is a shot that is one point one meters away.
Speaker 3: Away from what cayden in case somebody has just tuned in the.
Speaker 1: Target, the ad court, the service box. The winner of knock it into the park with one point one meters.
Speaker 3: Is all the way from Japan. A tennis master. He came, he saw, he shocked, he delivered. There was no messing in this man, Ice Cold, Well done, You're off to the finals. Well done the pair of you. Can you believe this? You go into the Grand Sam finals of the Australian Open. Was it in any doubt you were going to do this and win?
Speaker 5: To your hot? I didn't expect that, but somehow I made it.
Speaker 3: So are you excited about going? So you're going to see both finals this weekend? Incredible? Congratulations and you're both going to be going together, Erin, you must be so excited.
Speaker 2: I'm very, very.
Speaker 8: Proud of him, but I knew he could do it.
Speaker 3: So so did you hear.
Speaker 4: About this and know that you had a real contender to do this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Absolutely, Me and my mother had both heard about it, and I'd centilly to ted and said, no, you can do this. So together we put together He's email the entry and here we are.
Speaker 4: He smashed it.
Speaker 3: It's virtually impossible. It's a crazy idea, but you all did so well. Congratulations. Thank you to everyone I took part in this today. It was great fun. Enjoy the finals this weekend? All right, we got the news coming up next we have our winner from Knock It into the Park. Watch the videos today, Get it Instagram to see what everyone did. Head to the Christian O'Connell Show on Instagram and on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show on podcast.
Speaker 3: How good does this sound this morning? Thank you very much to Nathan Johnson for suggesting this. Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three. It's like the end of the party. Everything is being cleaned up and packed away real quick. What's happening here?
Speaker 4: At nine?
Speaker 3: That giant tarket that we had made a lot of expensive money has been stripped away.
Speaker 5: Week We were padding the winner on the back as they were rolling up the target. Why do we have to what is happening?
Speaker 3: It's not a tennis court we've booked.
Speaker 5: Does the AO not know that we're here? We have it before they come in, correct.
Speaker 3: Before they get into the office at nine. Well, we're not really meant to be doing this. What's happening at nine? Who's here at nine?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: So will the day starts at the AO, right, and.
Speaker 4: So spect to the semi finals today?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I know, but people still come in and they can be around the grounds and watch the finals outside with all the activities and in not on til tonight, like the semi finals, just the matches they can watch.
Speaker 1: And so we have to get out of here because we're at the Australian Open. We're on one.
Speaker 3: Is this just Australian Open? This is not the mcg yes, Oh my god, they're playing here. Pay here on this tennis call.
Speaker 4: This is so good.
Speaker 3: I love it when you explain reality that we've seen for last two and.
Speaker 4: A half hours.
Speaker 3: By the way, Jack and I sat where players would sit, what would you call this?
Speaker 1: It's simply the bench area.
Speaker 5: I think it's the players cabana. I'm watching tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm watching tonight on Stan anyway because it's all ad free. I want the commentations. And of course now Djokovic is taken a breath in the players cabana. I wasn't funny there and he's just waiting for a NEGRONI at the moment is Friday night? Why not?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I want it to be called one of its notes.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I want the DJ's cabana built in the station this year. All right, Joe Bobblino back at base, please play the music is time for Thank you Joe for the best in show today, for the time waste stuff your comfy movies easing you into the weekend. You get STAN free three year check it out this weekend, both semi finals tonight live and add free tennis only on STAN Sport. You can win it for the best in Show Today. Text number you need for your comfy movies is oh four seven five O three one oh four three. Jack and are live right now from the Key Arena. The parties are being cleaned up. We're, of course here in the one and only Players Cabana. All right, so comfy movie you tomorrow. We are comfy in the Players Cabana. Yeah yeah, Space, Jammys gold, very good Sex and the settee silver, The Lie in King, the Lie in King Gold, the Douner where it's Prada gold plus oh gold. So far he had one silver in the damn it's a scrape being here and the players cabana, the Fleece Academy.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's gold as well.
Speaker 3: The hoodie silver and shorn of the bed, shorn of the.
Speaker 5: Bronze cases all the way, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Comfy movies?
Speaker 5: Panic Croom? I found quite a stressful movie. Not coming very hammock room. Now I'm Ron's he's.
Speaker 3: Starting with bronze. That's who could have some of them clang in the metal on the outside of the cree arena. It's not in the park my friends.
Speaker 5: Comfy movies, mister beanbag, what's comfy about mister? Oh no, no, no, that is good.
Speaker 3: That's gold. I didn't get it slow my cushioned vin Oh my god, how does that's a great one?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 5: And sixteen Cuddles.
Speaker 4: Sixteen Cuddles is also gold. Well done.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Jack.
Speaker 3: And I have now if you're really interested, I don't even know what I'm telling you, but we've now moved to another cabanner. Jack, we're not in the players caban with the other side of the Korea. Keep calling on the Korean arena, the key arena, Jack, what cabaner is this this is.
Speaker 5: The coaches cabana.
Speaker 3: We're showing. They don't think the coaches allowed this close? It's illegal.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't they change a rule that now they're allowed to communicate more with the players.
Speaker 3: Because so much to his back foot, I fought allowed to do that.
Speaker 5: I thought they were now allowed to do it, because weren't they doing it anyway through secret code? And they thought, all right, let's just let them talk now.
Speaker 4: And I think this is the ball people's cabanner.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I think they come here rehy training, go back out there anyway.
Speaker 5: Either way, we're trying to off the thought.
Speaker 3: Jack actually asked GPT, what's this called where we're sat? We're radio pros inspired? All right, Joe, Bob's back at the base. Play the music. That's it a little sleepy there, Joe?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Today the time Waster is Comfy Movies up for grabs STAN free for a year. Check out the semifinals tonight, add free on STAN. Last of the Moccasins is Comfy Movies, gold Pie, jamg Bronze Ottomannheimer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Sil Boys in the Hoodie I did that one, Uh do Vamous Daisy Silver, contented Air, not comfortable, Bronze, couching Tiger, Hidden Dragon from Joe, Gold, Duna Darko Gold, that's very good, Nathan, well done, Star Trackies, Oh Gold, Black Hawk Down Pillow Silver, the Three Snoozes, Silver, ninety at the Museum Gold. Who is it on the show that actually used to wear Yes.
Speaker 5: Fell into my track because they were breathable?
Speaker 3: Interview with a glamp fire.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, Silver, explain it to him.
Speaker 3: Cushion run bronze shoes off in Seattle, Silva. Okay, well, we've run out of good ones today. They weren't knocking it into the bar today. Shame on you Friday listeners. You obviously knocked off early. Jackie Boy, who's winning staff for a year.
Speaker 5: I did like douna Dako and we'll give it to Nathan.
Speaker 4: Okay, Nathan, well done.
Speaker 3: Friends. We have to be out of here in about one minute's time. It's not the easiest place to get out of I'm not sure because it is a big arena, but it took us about five minutes to walk around to get in. And Q is the young lad that makes all our videos for the show. He said goodbye to us half an hour ago. He's still wondering what to get out. He doesn't know how to get It's like not night in the musicum in the key arena. I think we won't see him Monday. He's walking around looking down at you by, isn't he. I think he's checking his.
Speaker 4: Jee somewhere in New South Wales?
Speaker 3: Have you seen that tattoo he's got on his leg of some dungeons and trap and stuff going on.
Speaker 5: He tried to tell me the origin story of the guy. We have to get back on here.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, guys, thank you very much to everyone that came over the last couple of weeks, so many of you desperate to take part in this. I really hope please Australian Open, can we do this again next year?
Speaker 4: It was so much fun.
Speaker 3: Really really, it was a big ask, a huge ask. It's a hard thing to do. Everyone who came and tried was brave enough to give it a go, and that's the classic Aunsie's spirits.
Speaker 4: So thank you very much. I've loved this today.
Speaker 3: It's been the strangest thing I've ever done in my life, standing in an empty arena hoping that a tennis ball might come, saying but let's do at the same time next year. Have a great long weekend. We are back Tuesday. Goodbye from the Key Arena and knocking in the park, Bye bye from the cabanas of the Australian Ope and check it out tonight and over the weekend. Big games tonight and over the weekend with the finals Australian Open live on stand. Thank you very much, Australian Open, you've been great.
Speaker 5: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast