Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Illo everyone.
Speaker 3: Hi girls, Hello, everybody.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Monday. Actually, don't welcome to Monday. It's been Monday all day so far, hasn't it. Wow?
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean it's I guess they're still welcoming people to Monday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Yet welcome to my wow, Monday afternoon. All right, No, you need to talk about it, Laura. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I went away on the weekend, so you're struggling to get back into it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I went away for a girl's weekend. I went to Noosa. It was my very very first time ever in NUSA, which I feel like I'm very late to the party. It is amazing. I always thought NUSA was for like middle aged women wearing kaftans, and then as I was there, I realized I am middle aged woman wearing a caft head and I was in my element.
Speaker 4: You are the target audience, Laura. I was like, I've reached my news era and I loved it.
Speaker 2: What did you did? You went with girlfriends? Did you have drinks and son and no kids?
Speaker 3: No kids?
Speaker 1: It was well, I mean, I love my children, but it was amazing. It was amazing you had a much more exciting. I mean, I know mine was exciting. That you found your wedding venue on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't going to say that, Laura, but thank you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did duck to Bali to look at a wedding venue. A couple did some food tastings, like some wedding planning without my fiancee, Ben. I'm planning the whole thing alone, and I am happy to say that I have.
Speaker 3: Almost secured the venue.
Speaker 4: And I say almost because I've said yes, but I haven't paid for yet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was a really successful weekend. So much has happened in a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: And I had a severe allergic reaction house sitting for brit looking after Delilah the dog, which don't worry you were hearing about today. I've just finished my house sitting for Brittany Hockey and I've got a full report.
Speaker 3: Is that why you're so puffy?
Speaker 2: No, I think that's just because I had.
Speaker 3: Are the reactions gone down?
Speaker 2: The reaction's gone, that's just his fate.
Speaker 3: No, you're still a puffy under your eyes.
Speaker 2: I think I was tired, So don't keep you up.
Speaker 3: Let's let's just like stop doing.
Speaker 2: Really a good weekend. We're ready to go. Next, we're discussing a major new law that comes into effect today. From today, your boss will now face legal charges if they text you after work hours. This is huge, trying to screw us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. But if you've got one of those annoying bosses that takes you on weekends and after work, you're gonna want to hear this news. We'll get to it next. Here at the pickup for your Monday afternoon. Welcome to the show. All right, it is Monday Britain, Laura, which means we need to start the show as we do every week we did pick up. I'm gonna give the girls a topic and news topic that the world is discussing. You then decide whether we pick it up we keep talking about it into the week, or we put it down we never discuss it again.
Speaker 3: I have some big feelings about this one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I was teasing in the in the break about this new law that has come into effect today. Ladies. Pick up. Put down the right to connect laws officially nationwide in practice.
Speaker 3: Put it down, Yeah, put it. I feel awkward. Put it down, we feel awkward. Okay, we text our employees outside of way.
Speaker 2: Let me just set up what this is quickly. The right to disconnect starts today, giving Australians legal cover to stop responding to emails, texts, and calls from their bosses after hours and on week Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, I take that back, then I pick it up. My issue is I don't think that bosses should have to not text or not sorry, texting is bad, not email employees or whatever after hours because I do a lot of my work outside of working hours, Like I'll be emailing at eleven o'clock at night. I don't expect my employees to write back at that time, but that's when I get work done. So I think that that's kind of where I may be misinterpreted the law.
Speaker 3: I was like, can I not emailed them at eleven o'clock anymore? We ask questions all the time to our employees outside of it.
Speaker 4: We do, but that's because we're a really like mixed bunch where we're not just employees and employers, we're all friends. So it's where it gets blurred, Like you feel like you're texting a friend, but it's also an employee I also think.
Speaker 2: We our jobs. We like talk for a living, Like I think we're in a different kettle of fish to someone working at Subway, he gets their boss texting them at seven pm, going did you cook the cookies? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you work night Smitch as well, so there is no hour for you.
Speaker 1: I understand this because I think a lot of people find it really hard to set boundaries between what is work what is their own time. People only get paid a certain amount of salary for a certain amount of hours, and I think a lot of bosses have an expectation that goes way beyond that. So now there's a law in place to protect people.
Speaker 2: Really, I think it's great. And can I just say, like working outside of workouts aside, getting a text from your boss when you're not expecting it ruin. It ruins the whole vibe, don't you.
Speaker 3: Think, Well I am the boss, and well, yeah, I would like we have bosses.
Speaker 1: Even when the radio when the radio lords text every so often, I'm like, am I in trouble?
Speaker 3: I don't know. They always do it during work hours.
Speaker 2: So the radio lords do not know emojis, they're four punctuisy.
Speaker 3: It's a great law. What's next? Right?
Speaker 4: Pick up?
Speaker 2: Put down? Justin Bieber giving his baby a relatively normal mame of the weekend?
Speaker 3: Pick it up? Isn't this in for his dad?
Speaker 4: Isn't doesn't he name.
Speaker 2: It after his dad?
Speaker 3: I knew he had a baby, but I didn't know the name.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Haley Bieber and Justin Bieber had the baby on the weekend. Jack blues Bieber.
Speaker 1: Sorry, the first name was normal, Jack blues Bieber. Yeah, Jack blues Biber Yeah, blue okay, like the blues music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well it comes from Justin's father, whose middle name is Jack. It's very normal, everyone's everyone's just kind of shocked that it's Jack, that it's you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I'm shocked that they're still together and had a baby. I'm not shocked about the name. I'm more shocked that it actually seems like it's working out for them.
Speaker 2: The theory is it's going to be blues Biber. That's what they're gonna call the baby, Blue Bebar, blues Beiber or musician.
Speaker 1: So they named it a normal name, but then they're going to refuse to call it the normal name, and they're going to call it the weird name.
Speaker 2: Look it's a baby. We can get it on for common if you want to reach out to the baby.
Speaker 3: Blues to me, and this might be mean to anyone who has a child name Blues.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a dog's name. I'd call my dog blue. What do you think of bluey, Bluey and blues Clues. Yeah, I've seen blues, but blue is Beyonce. Oh sorry, Beyonce blue Ivy.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 3: I know so much about kids' names for famous.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't say so much. You know two babies names. I don't know about that. I'm speaking of dogs, ye, speaking a blue. Speaking of dogs. I house sat for you, Brittany Hockley over the weekend. You did. Thank you so much after the house and let's just say that I have something to reveal to the world, do you, Laura. I've I've collated some evidence. As we know, Britney's dog, Delilah. We've discussed on this show many times. She's a house Sitting was easy, walk in the park. What wasn't easy was looking after your dog, Delilah. It almost ended me up on the emergency room and it also ended me up on the desk of the project. Talking nationally to the country, it was a very big weekend, and I've got a report on how sitting your dog Delilah.
Speaker 3: Oh God, I can't wait. I know did down. She's an angel. You're the only one who seems to know that. I'm the only one that matters.
Speaker 2: It's after these on the pickup. Now. You may have heard on the show last week Brittany Hackley went away for the weekend. I house sat her house. Laura, I've done this before.
Speaker 3: You've done nothing but complain about it since.
Speaker 2: Can you give me a break? I actually haven't. I was a good house sitter.
Speaker 1: You also didn't tell me that you're getting paid for it, so I thought you were doing another goodness of your own law, but paid you to house it.
Speaker 2: Pek behind the curtain, why don't you plan a radio show? We go girls, this is how it's gonna go. They go, no worries, That's how it's gonna go. And then now it's all of a sudden, some sort of prank patrol thing.
Speaker 4: I only want to add one thing before I hear what you have to say.
Speaker 2: I did you a favor. Can I say you paid me fifty percent of the rate you normally pay your house hitter and also your dog's hitter, because I that's how I sat for Australia's most petulant.
Speaker 3: Dog, Australia's most divine.
Speaker 1: She's so pretty, but she has pretty privilege.
Speaker 3: She doesn't know she's got pretty Sorry, which continues.
Speaker 2: Let me just give you a review on house sitting and dog sitting for Brittany Hockley and Britz Dogs Bricks Dog Dollar. It's true what we've said. We've had experts on this show trying to cure a Delilah of whatever ailment she's got. Britz Bridge Dog Dollar, what.
Speaker 3: Have a pretty privilege?
Speaker 2: Bridge Dog. Delilah has been through three dog walkers that have all resigned. It's like the Boeing crisis. They've all mysteriously disappeared, all the whistleblowers.
Speaker 3: No, you are severely exaggerating. Two dog walkers. There was two of them, not three.
Speaker 4: They have been with her for years and unfortunately they had to go a different way.
Speaker 1: They both resigned at the same time for the same reason.
Speaker 3: She had one off week. Hormones continue. Her hormones continue.
Speaker 2: Please, Walking Delilah through the dog park is a literal hell. That dog is There's something gone on. That dog is smart. I think that dog is the Zodiac killer. It is got a look in its eyes. It knows more things than I know. It is. It would get a higher ATAR than I would. If it sat the nap land, it'd be above state average.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing about Delilah is that if you are taking for her for a walk, you have to take her for a walk with two separate balls so that you can always have her on rotation.
Speaker 2: Because she trains.
Speaker 1: You have to keep it going otherwise she gets fixated on other people's balls.
Speaker 2: You want to know, Yeah, what's like? Walk and Delilah? She's not like a kervooda or you clip on the lead and you walk in. You have to get a hip harness like I'm in, So let I clip a harness around my bet you're going to go wakeboarding?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Click?
Speaker 3: You know it's like trying to walk a ferret on acid?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what it is.
Speaker 2: Then there's a strap that goes underneath your leggs and clips up in the middle like a seat belt on like a roller coaster. Then you've got a bum bag, which by the way, is a designer at the bag that you sling over your shoulder, which has two balls in it treats that are respective to Delilah's dietary requirements. And then you have a ball thrower that is mechanical that folds down into two parts so you can keep it in your pocket. Then you've got to put Delilah's waterproof harness on.
Speaker 3: Mitich, I'm getting a feeling that you didn't enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Well, where sorry, where's the problem coming?
Speaker 2: This is the problem. This is live audio of me at the dog park with Delilah. If you've ever wanted to know what it feels like to walk BRIT's famous dog, Delilah, this is close your eyes. This is a little ASMR roleplay. Delilah. Shit, Delilah, Delilah. She's running out of the park. Sorry, I'm so sorry, Delilah. Oh my god, I'm sorry that people everywhere very dramatic and she's running.
Speaker 1: Out of the park.
Speaker 2: I have actually lost Britt's dog. I've genuinely lost Brittany hockey dog. There she's got her and now she's run through mud. She's run through she has genuinely run. She loves mud. She has led through a pile of mud. Get here now coming out, Dalilah, out of breath. This is a problem. I've lost her again, Delilah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't see a problem. It sounds like she had a great time at the park.
Speaker 2: She had a great time with that.
Speaker 3: That sounds like she was I could hear that in her panting that she thought that was panting.
Speaker 2: That was the dog huish.
Speaker 4: The thing with Delilah is in her defense. She is not and we joke about it a lot here. She's not a bad dog at all. But she's selective with her listening. So she knows everything that you want her to do. She knows exactly what you're saying. But if she doesn't feel like it, she won't do it. She's disobedient, that's the word.
Speaker 3: She knows how to do it. She's so smart she just chooses not to No, it's selective here. She sounds like a mother.
Speaker 2: I'll never do it for you again. Also, I've sent you my bs pnut count details. Please transfer the well.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to transfer it now. You just shamed my dog on national radio.
Speaker 2: You think I'm going to pay you for that, I'll see you in court. Also, I did steal some Pratasney, so I think we're.
Speaker 4: I know Prata Sonny's and all my food out of the fridge and a bottle of gin. And you slept in my bad bottle of gin.
Speaker 2: She said I could drink it did not.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: It was half empty.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, I'm going to tell you guys how over the weekend I got chased down by security through an Airport's.
Speaker 2: A shocking weekend.
Speaker 1: I was just smuggling again, what isiah with me?
Speaker 3: Let's blame for that as well.
Speaker 2: It's next pick up.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to tell you this story because I know what's going to happen, Laura. I don't want to tell you strapping people.
Speaker 2: I hate to break it to you, but our job is to tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But the problem is I'm okay with everyone else knowing about it.
Speaker 1: You will use this against me as like ammunition that I'm forgetful who or me specifically Mitch.
Speaker 3: No actually brit as well.
Speaker 1: But like last week, I had to go to Melbourne and my flight was like the very first flight out, so I had to get up at four thirty in the morning. I had to get to the airport very lovely of radio. They spoiled me and they paid for valet parking for me, so I got to drive up and then park. The Valet parking is right next to the actual airport.
Speaker 3: Brittany's looking at me like they've never paid Valet because I.
Speaker 4: Have done what you have done multiple times. Did you ask for it though did not get Valet? Well, I asked for extra leg room on my flight and I did not get that. No, I got the Valet parking, though fancy pants.
Speaker 2: Put me on a bus. I don't even get to go to the Perth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well, look I had my Valet parking.
Speaker 1: I drove up to the departures and I drove into Valet and then I realized I was actually in the wrong one, like I booked the one that was downstairs. So I was running like exactly to time. I was already pushing get to get this flight. So I missed the entry. I went to the wrong entry. Okay, departure Valet sparkled, but I was departing, so I was going anyway whatever.
Speaker 3: I get there.
Speaker 1: I drive into the Valet parking at arrivals and I pull in and I have like ten minutes to get to the flight.
Speaker 3: I am all sorts of chaos. So I wind down the window I'm like, I'm so sorry, I'm running so late for my flight. And the guy there was a dog. Don't worry, it happens all the time. He helps me get my bags out. I was like, this is so lovely. Anyway, get my bags.
Speaker 1: I run through, I check in, and I get to the gate and I am smug ass like I've just arrived.
Speaker 2: I smacked down.
Speaker 1: I had to nailed cars in Valet, paid for whatever, Like who am I? And then I see this man running through the airport who looks really angry.
Speaker 2: Well, I just I just don't know where this is going on.
Speaker 1: I okay, So he's running through the airport and he looks like, hey, this man looks panicked, and people are kind of getting out of the way because he is running through the airport.
Speaker 3: You've left your small child in the back of the cold. No, my kids not with me.
Speaker 1: And I look up and I could see he was wearing the same vest that the Valet guys were wearing when I dropped my car off. And he's running and then he sees me and he starts running towards me, and I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: Anyway, he runs up and he goes ma'am, you forgot the keys.
Speaker 1: I left the car at the entrance of valet, parking through everything else at him, and I had my keys in my handbag. There's no way that a car could have gotten even gotten past it. I just parked in the driveway and I left there, and the poor guy had to come through security, had.
Speaker 2: Styloud staff worker had to take off his hive his vest.
Speaker 3: He didn't kept it on. And then I was also because I don't like I don't take criticism very well. Guys, don't. I get very defensive.
Speaker 1: Then I get defensive, and so my initial reaction was to be defensive.
Speaker 3: I was like, well you didn't you didn't ask for the keys because I haven't done it before. So it's like, ma'am, don't gas like me horrible in the middle of the road. So people kind of get past and then took the keys. Imagine if she got on the flight and four days later she comes back in the cart, would they would have They would have had to have.
Speaker 2: Told I would have. But you sit there at the gate with your coffee, probably an extra couple of minutes to spare. You're nice and relax. Your car's in valid.
Speaker 1: Tell me that you've never done valet parking without telling me you've never done valet.
Speaker 2: Not built for valet parking. You're not built for travel, to be honest, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm built for sleeping. Anyway, Let's get out of.
Speaker 2: Let's get a sleep, Let's get you to bed. The most Laura burn thing I've ever If that is you listening, we pay for his dinner or something that poor man.
Speaker 3: No, he's fine. I gave him his ten thousand steps for the day. True, there's little bit of workout. Oh I'm thinking, Is I want Valet next time?
Speaker 4: Britt?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: If you don't, don't get that one?
Speaker 2: Cut deep? Okay, did Willem Woody up next the boys? If we get Valet? What are the boys get William Woody from busy class? Oh my god? They're driving. Yeah. The podcast. If you missed any of it today, you can search it on the iHeartRadio apps to pick up. Otherwise, we'll see you all tomorrow, guys. See guys there