Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast, brought to you by Cana. Hello, helloolo, welcome back.
Speaker 2: I feel like I personally have stucked the Internet dry of am I the asshole submissions? So if you are listening and you know someone who knows someone who is potentially almost always an asshole, get them to DM me flex stop Famy on Instagram so we can discuss it on it. It's very important. Work does civil duty. Everybody has a role in society. This is mine. This person is asked, am I the asshole for wanting my friend to stop sending me memes off the dome? Yes or no?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying yes, but not for the reasons you think. Okay, listen, my friend sends me memes almost every day, sometimes twice a day on Instagram and Facebook. They're always about how men suck. This is why I'm single, single forever. A little bit lame, that's all right. I've got to the point I don't find them funny as it's been an overplayed narrative and responding has become a chore. It's been going on for months and months, and I've now started to become less engaged and my responses with just a laughing emoji or hearting it, hoping that she gets the hint. Whereas before I would type of reply more enthusiastically. I've recently muted her on both Instagram and Facebook. Let's get straight to the point, boys, this person says, because getting a notification from this person would shift their mood and put them in like a bad energy, which I get. So now they're responding after work when they're in a better headspace. However, this is driven the friend to keep sending memes throughout the day to like bank them up so when you're off work you can now look at them, you know, in your own time. So this person wants to know how do I tell her to stop sending me memes? And how can I do this without offending her? Because I'm really hitting a breaking point. I want to conserve my energy and not put too much time into it.
Speaker 1: You know what we should do? What crack this one open and get right down to it. Listen, this person feels like they want their friend to stop sending them memes. To be fair, the friend is sending the memes that aren't really funny. They're about being single, dating forever, single life, which very dated that's at least ten years old. I personally believe me listin difference.
Speaker 2: Price, comedian, writer, presenter.
Speaker 1: Correct personality actually Petray Yeah sorry, yeah, media personality. That you should just be lucky that you have a friend that's texting you. Okay, you need to maintain the relationship. Don't ever say stop texting me memes because it hurts because they're taking their time out of their day to think, oh my god, this reminds me of flex. Oh, I'm going to send it to her. So I think if I was in your position, I would say, oh my god, I'm obsessed. Like, oh no, not that, I would say, like, I think you need to be on the offense and start sending them memes that you find funnier to kind of like change their algorithm in their mind about what you like. Like for example, I always tag my friend in staff and she's like, this is me, and I'm like, well it is because every time I see it, I think of you. So it's also about, like.
Speaker 2: Me, define who you are, Yeah, a person.
Speaker 1: Let's align your expectations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. I definitely think we need to start thinking about what is the fundamental purpose of a meme? And that is to express that we as friends have similar humor. If your friend is missing the mark and the humor is not hitting, I do think it's your duty to let them know that. Like babes, we've stopped laughing about this. Now it's getting a bit sad. It's it's actually unfunny that I think is necessary. But I will say I learned about this thing called emotional bids for connection, and children do it and adults do it. And it's these things we say or do to get acknowledgment or acceptance or just to be noticed by the people that we deemed to be important to us. And when you're a child, you're like, oh mommy, look at me play with my toy. But when you're an adult, you don't know how to be as vocal about needing attention until you start to do these things meme signing and signing out being like can we hang out or you know, double texting or whatever. And I think when you're on the receiving end it can be a bit like a bit too much. But if you break it down, this person is crying out for some acknowledgment and if you can't give it to them in the way that makes you comfortable, find another way and let them know. Your friend needs you. Your friend is crying. What's the song? I can hear.
Speaker 1: It's crying. And just like that, a thousand listeners dropped off our show. But it's been great.
Speaker 2: It was like, wait a second, was that? Yes? It was give me a name, any name.
Speaker 1: Whitney Houston.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's not with us currently. Is it a was it Adele? It was.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tuneedsic on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio