Speaker 1: Chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: No talk here about this, just a humble apple. I love an apple.
Speaker 4: Apple is a dependable fruit. You know, it's no one, it's not gonna be anyone's favorite, but no one's thrown a limb.
Speaker 3: And the fact that you're very defined in your opinions on fruits more than anything I've ever spoke to you about, even when I justly said grapes are great and you went, grapes are grapes. I think apples are lovely. Apples are dependable. You look a politician who's got like a certain line, he's really pushing.
Speaker 4: When you have a kid, you realize that fruit becomes a big part of your life.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, and cleaning it from the floor as well.
Speaker 4: That's right, But we Gordy now eats mangoes, grapes, blueberries. You're right about Henry the eighth, By the way, he did love pears as well as cherries, strawberries, apples and plums. He also ate peacocks and swans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And even to this day the swans of the UK are own by the Royal household. Just in case they want to get hungry again, they go, don't get to yours low swans or anything.
Speaker 1: I don't preferend one because we just have it.
Speaker 4: He also loved jelly. Did you know jelly was around back then?
Speaker 1: No? I did not know jelly was that old.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go and get some cools here, let's good morning, Liz. Hey, hey, coome on and Liz. Welcome to the show. So best and Worst Fruit.
Speaker 1: So my opinion is I love mangoes and I don't like papayas.
Speaker 5: They're the West.
Speaker 1: A lot of debate on this about mangoes. I agree. I love mango are absolutely delicious. Is fruit?
Speaker 4: What are you going to get some mangoes?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I like a mango juice. But I don't like the fruit, which is bizarre. I think it's too fussy. You've got to cut it that special way, haven't you, and then flip it up so all the cubes come up to eat.
Speaker 3: But I like the fact that it comes with care instructions. It's like, do not dry cree, you know only one out the three on the innings. I like that it has rules about how it has to be enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Not first things, Patsy doesn't like Leonard DiCaprio and melon. All right, list, thank you very much, you call. Let's go to Meg morning, Meg Morning. There are you going all right? Yeah? Good Meg? Best and worst? To start with your best?
Speaker 4: Definitely strawberries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they dependable like apples. Do you know strawberries? I love straw strawberries and cream, English champaign. And what's the worst one, Meg, Bananas are an absolute abomination.
Speaker 3: Devil's fingers, someone says textion. I get it, devil's fingers. I found my tribe. Give us nothing. I don't want to hear about that high potassium content.
Speaker 1: Meg. Thank you very much, you call.
Speaker 3: Let's go to us this Sadia Sadia, Hi, welcome to show.
Speaker 1: Morning. All right, let's start with your worst fruit.
Speaker 5: Durian Durian fruit is just overrated, too expensive. Yeah, my my friend from Indonesia bring one day to the office and I had to leave the office. It just stinks.
Speaker 3: Probably you know, if you're bringing jury in to work, you know that you're going to clear the space.
Speaker 1: Was it a hell of a stink?
Speaker 5: It smells like a toilet like literally, it's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I know that time you went down from It's.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, I don't know how people can eat that fruit.
Speaker 4: Say, we try to open once one on the show, and it didn't stink.
Speaker 5: It didn't.
Speaker 1: No, we're surprised.
Speaker 4: You can smell thing.
Speaker 5: No Durian, No, no, no, no, I don't know this Durian. It was from Indonesia. And this lady said, oh, it's too expensive, beautiful to eat and everything. I said, oh, let's try. As soon as she appened, Oh my god, he's a big office. Yeah, I tell you, it's not a small office. And and and everyone realized that who fighted? Who did? Going on?
Speaker 1: You know, like game, it's Wednesday? Who fared? It's a big office, draw lots and then whoever's got it? You it's like who done it? Mystery? Absolutely absolutely, and what's your best? What's your best?
Speaker 5: Mangos and guavas Guama.
Speaker 1: Is very fancy, all right.
Speaker 5: I'm from East Africa. Yeah, yeah, I grew up with guavas mangos.
Speaker 1: So yeah, do you like Kiwi as well?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, watch but I.
Speaker 5: Don't, I don't crave or I don't ye.
Speaker 3: Don't again again showing your age when you start to talk about what's good for fiver.
Speaker 1: You're a certain age. They get blunged up, the elderly easily.
Speaker 3: They need blow They just suddenly a blowhole will open up and all that fiber comes out.
Speaker 5: Claire, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Claire welcomes the show. And Claire, what's your best fruit?
Speaker 5: My best fruit has to be raspberries. I cannot go past them. They are the most delicious berry and I ate them every month in my cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I absolutely agree so mctually that I'm changing my favorite fruit.
Speaker 1: I forgot about.
Speaker 4: I wasn't really thinking berries when I was thinking fruits.
Speaker 2: And then my mum at Christmas time makes the best pablover, homemade pablover with berries.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yes, yeah, you're making me hungry. Now I can have some.
Speaker 4: This is now a debate for a different day, and I don't want to take us off track, but pavlovers, this is un Australian but overrated. No, I can't even look at your right now.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 4: This is no, I'm sorry to say, overrated.
Speaker 2: You just haven't had a good one.
Speaker 4: I've had them all.
Speaker 1: This is going to be a problem for us.
Speaker 3: We may need to reis releast a statement at nine, you might need to apologize.
Speaker 1: For your comments.
Speaker 3: Wait, suddenly people are walking away from the radio going he must be joking, Claire. Sorry, had to join us for that, and thank you very much to give us a call. Have a good day, Laura.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, how are we?
Speaker 1: We're good? Laura, Laura, Laura. What do you love then, Laura? What does Laura love for a piece of fruit?
Speaker 5: My favorite fruit is a peach.
Speaker 1: Troubles with the peach.
Speaker 3: You've got to get a big old tetawel or napkin out, tuck it in because it's very messy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but my worst fruit is also a peach.
Speaker 1: You love to hate, you hate and love. That's the peach I can't handle. I love the flesh, yes, but I can't.
Speaker 4: Which which piece of the peach do you hate?
Speaker 1: The fair skin?
Speaker 3: I can't kill.
Speaker 1: The skin. I can't even touch the skin. No, no, I know you mean it gives me the X when I touch a peach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's what it's like, hairy flesh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I won't touch your peach.
Speaker 4: No, everything is sitting on the inside. What a conundrum?
Speaker 1: A fruit conundrum? All right, Laura, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast