Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Welcome to show number thirteen. Lucky for some, unlucky for some teams this morning.
Speaker 3: How long are you going to keep counting the shows?
Speaker 2: By the way, forever? Do you do? Know? What? Have an Spires show twenty seven and now we're out, Bye bye? All right? So on this morning show it is judgment day. A little bit of argument off fair about whether we call it today's show because it's me picking my AFL team. That says me picking my AFL team. The man doing the announcing is mister AFL. Hemus McLachlan's brother Gil is coming in to do the announcing. At of courter to nine eight forty five is when you will find out the team And do.
Speaker 3: You know that's?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Of course when did you decide? You said he had four teams yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I've I've had lit whitnered down. But what I've gone with is the one that I knew quite early on.
Speaker 3: I know it's not the Bombers and it breaks my heart.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I can't go with the Bombers on that Jack. Jack did something yesterday which I think all of you listening to the show, when you find out after seven what he did to try and split my family up, take my children away from me and over to his club's team, was a low blow. A low blow, all right. So one of those morning. As soon as I woke up. When you're when you're an adult, basically as soon as you wake up, after a couple of seconds, it's like a drop down to do list of just stuff you've got to get through today. So I want to know when you woke up this morning, what was the number one thing that chopped into your head, like, oh gosh, still haven't done that. I've got to do that. For me, it was much as I I have my reasons why I've gone with this AFL team. However, I know the Today's show. Once that's out there, a lot of people are going to be really, really angry. And when you're only three and a half weeks into a new radio show in a new city, that's a really really bad move.
Speaker 5: Well I'll give you a clue. If you've gone with Eddie and the Pies, then that will happen. The city will turn and I want to.
Speaker 2: Do and said, the ratings will tank.
Speaker 5: I got a feeling that three hour lunch was Eddie dragged you into some sort of laboratory and gave you a lobotomi.
Speaker 3: And you walk out. I don't know how he convinced you.
Speaker 2: He hasn't convinced me.
Speaker 3: If it's Collingwood today, I'll just I'll be flocked.
Speaker 2: Eight forty five. I will tell you what team I going for. So that's the number one thing on my mind. Pats, what's it for?
Speaker 6: You do some washing and get some clean towels out on the line today, because I didn't never clean towel when I got out of this shower at three am, So I had to you's apartment.
Speaker 2: In your husband's been on it and trying with I'd.
Speaker 3: Rather that's the number one thing.
Speaker 5: After checking that there's toilet paper before you sit down.
Speaker 3: On the toilet, checking that you've got a towel.
Speaker 6: In the show, it wasn't even like a beach towel left.
Speaker 3: It was diabolic.
Speaker 2: Called I guess at three am, you can't go stumping around the house, no another towel back to.
Speaker 6: The line because they're dripping wet. Anyway, you just got to deal with it.
Speaker 2: A bath man. That's good improvising. I feel it's also thing where you're getting dry, but you're getting dry, you're grimacing because you.
Speaker 6: Know, and it's all fluffy.
Speaker 3: Feel like.
Speaker 2: That's rough. Okay, Jack, what's the few what's on your mind right now? I mean, it's an empty place most of the time, but what is it actually in there? If anything?
Speaker 5: I thought, you know what, I should speak to my mum because after your show.
Speaker 2: That became crystal clear when we ask you where is your mum in Europe? Obviously travel you had no idea.
Speaker 3: Turns out she's in She's in May. No idea, she said, I think she's in Germany.
Speaker 2: Yesterday you thought it might be Italy. The only reason you know it's Germany because Nick approducer asked for a phone. I'm sure we could get the Murphugh story from her today and she's now in Germany. Our producers located your mum for you. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I feel like I haven't talked to mum and dad in a while, so I woke up and thought, you know what, I should chat to mom and dad.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a nice thing, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Okay, six months.
Speaker 2: So let us know what's the number one thing on your mind this morning? But Christian O'Connell breakfast.
Speaker 1: Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good on. Here is the Christian Opiller BacT for charl Gold one oh four point three Wednesday morning, eleven minutes whist six on Judgment Day, I pick my A. I've picked my AFL team. You can find out what it is at eight forty five This morning, Jack has actually come in in his bomber's top. There, it's a lovely top. It's a nice They are great colors. They're your team's colors and they could be yours. Can't have the two of us, We've been through this on one show, both support the same team. People will get irritated when I all.
Speaker 5: Sit shock value headline, no shock failure, it's not happening.
Speaker 2: Okay. The first thing to find out it won't be them is the bombs. Oh no, it's your fault. Actually, it's your fault that they are that I'm not going with them, you know, all right? Okay, So with one of those morning on the show on nine four one four one o four three? What is on your mind the first time the time you woke up this Morning's the thing that dropped in your mind that you have to deal with today. For me, it is the excitement I'm finally going to say this is my team, but also the utter fear that loads of you are going to be going no way, you idiot? Why didn't you go this team? Why have you gone with them? You know that if you've support them, that means you're this. I know that that's going to happen. There'd be some people that are excited, but there's been a lot more people that are just annoyed. That's what's waiting for me. Eight forty five somethingil it forded today. Good luck Shane, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, good morning?
Speaker 8: Why are you mate?
Speaker 2: Well? Excited? Scared? Shane? Who do you bear it for? What's your team? Richmond? Mate?
Speaker 9: I reckon you should go with the premier team mate Richmond.
Speaker 2: So I had lunch with yesterday with a couple of comedians and one of them has been living here from England as well, and he's been living here eleven years and he's a Richmond fan and he put a strong case for twenty minutes for Richmond.
Speaker 4: He's got a good case. Mate. It's Richmond or nothing, mate, it'schman on.
Speaker 2: Nothing started all right, Shane, what was the thing that was on your mind this morning when you woke up?
Speaker 7: Get tall at paper on the home on the way home from work, mate, Because I sat down on the toilet at eleven thirty last night.
Speaker 2: And realized there was no toilet paper and had.
Speaker 9: To clench held bum cheeks and quickly run it to the kitchen and get some paper.
Speaker 2: Tail mate, Yeah, I've had to do that. It's like the waddle of shame, isn't it? Or the waddle of Shane Lucky. My three year old daughter was in better sleep and she didn't get to say. This happened to me a couple of months ago. And like Jack said earlier, the life for all is before you even sit down to do any business, you check, you have a look at the wall. You check there's there's the right kind of paper to be there. Few afterwards and there wasn't for me, and I was in a public toilet. I had to use a sock.
Speaker 4: I've never gone that low, mate.
Speaker 2: And then obviously you can't. That sock has to die. You've got to say goodbye to that song. I just wanted to make sure because you're a little bit laid back over here, no worries, no sock. I just want to make sure they're on the same page here, so you have to leave that sock behind. But then you're walking out of there with one shoot in a you know, in a foot in a sock and the other one that you feel lopsided.
Speaker 3: You should have just use both socks. Why are you only going one wipe?
Speaker 2: Don't go into that much detail. Nobody isn't sat there listeners right now going. I want to know how many wipes did he take on his Pommy bum You know with the song there.
Speaker 7: Was the empty toilet roll still on the whole, but now that would have.
Speaker 9: Been a bit rough.
Speaker 3: Yeah's are abrasive.
Speaker 2: Shane, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You cool have a good time.
Speaker 2: Based on that, we'd be lucky to get as far as show twenty seven. Anyway, give us a call. What was on your mind this morning when you woke up the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Rock.
Speaker 2: Said, joy ride on cold one oh four point three, Good morning, it's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast show. So what was the first thing that dropped our into your mind this morning when you woke up nine four one four one oh four three for Shane getting low roll. We got Pam. Good morning, Pam, good morning.
Speaker 10: Here are you.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous this morning, Pam, because I'm going to be picking my AFL team and I know that a lot of people are going to be angry and upset and throwing bricks to the window.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I.
Speaker 10: Was born in Hawthorn, so why there is Hawthorn the Hawks?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, a lot of people saying I should go for the Hawks. Good club, mighty teen. Okay, let's leave it there for now, Pam. That's not you and I fall out. I might be going for the Hawks right now. But Pam, what was the first thing on your mind when you woke up this morning?
Speaker 10: Well, I'll be up training my dogs. I have a trial coming up this weekend on Saturday with here work to music in dancers with dogs. I'm sure you would have heard of it with aircraft.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've seen it. It's the most insane thing I've ever seen. I love it and mckis love watching it. We can't our German shepherd dog. I don't think will be up for it, but it is people dancing to music with their dogs.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, well my routine is stopped by the spice girls.
Speaker 2: Stop right now, Yes, very much, very much.
Speaker 10: And I dress up as spies and I have two kelpies. One is at the third level and my puppy she's just starting out. She's on the first level of hell work to.
Speaker 3: Music, which spice girls are the kelpies.
Speaker 10: I'm the spice girl. I'm a hair ginger and all for the trials.
Speaker 2: Yes, and take us through then, So what if we were watching this, what would we see to hell? What does that mean?
Speaker 10: He'll work to music? We here work in music the high you get these eight heel positions.
Speaker 7: So with my.
Speaker 10: First kelpie she's got three heel positions.
Speaker 2: My second sorry, she's doing very well.
Speaker 3: Yes, and my.
Speaker 10: Second one he's on the third level intermediate and he's got one, two, three, four heel positions and yes, and his routine is nearly three minutes and hers is just over a minutes or minute twenty.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. How do you get them to dance to music with you?
Speaker 10: Well, dogs love music, as.
Speaker 11: I'm sure you've seen a craft absolute way.
Speaker 10: They love the music.
Speaker 2: They love us.
Speaker 10: Yes, you will you you with your rhythm and the Doctors Days with you.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, listen, is there any way that we can get someone to film your performance with your kelpies that we can see on Monday show? We can watch this?
Speaker 10: Oh my goods, well I am having it filmed.
Speaker 2: We'll just see, all right, well if I'm happy with it and you're happy to share with us. But anyway, I'd love to find out Monday how it goes. Ok it's amazing what you're doing dancing to dogs dance and wanting to dogs dancing with dogs.
Speaker 5: Christian, you'll be breaking one of your own rules, which is last week on the show you banned Spice Girls for life.
Speaker 3: Anyway from ever playing again on the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: If Pam is dancing to the Spice Girls with dogs, there's an exception to every rule.
Speaker 10: Okay, all my puppy is going through a first title, so hopefully we'll get the pas.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, good luck at the weekend.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, bad, We catch up with you Monday.
Speaker 10: Okay, bye.
Speaker 2: That is amazing. Everything that we've just heard about is amazing. All right, we take some more calls next on nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three rounds, Big Guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until two twins.
Speaker 2: Hobby Now on God one at four point three. Good Morning. It's a Christian O'Connor Reckford show taking me Carolls the Swaller Melbourne about what's on your mind right now early in the morning. The one hasn't really started or worken up. What is on your mind right now? Christian is on my mind that I should have offered more Harket from Aha, a pickled onion rather than a pickled ead. It's an ongoing thing from yesterday. One of our listeners, Steve up in Brizzy, and he tells us a story yesterday about how Morton Harkket, the beautiful lead singer of AHA, came in and had some fish and chips and I wanted to know a bit more detail. I had something finger on the fish and chips, but he didn't go for the pickled egg. And our friend here, Steve, wishes, it's hard to live with that kind of a great.
Speaker 5: And if we can kick it along further, I mean, I know he had salt and vinegar, but I always love to request some chicken salt. We when I go to the fish and chip shop, So did he have some chicken salt?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, we've ever tried curry gravy? No Ah, it's a winner. With chips, it's a winner. It's like a salt. No, this is obviously the key. It is grave. It's like Earth calling.
Speaker 3: I don't have that.
Speaker 2: And then this guy I feel for Christian. I recently lost my leg and I keep forgetting when I wake up in the morning, as my face hits the floor when I get a bed, my first thought is whether did I put my prosthetic. That's obviously somebody's recently had an amputation. I hope you're will and I hope you're a getting You never really think about that because I know Adam Hill's really well, and he was saying when he first had the operation, you have this kind of phantom leg syndrome. I think it's called where you obviously just forget for a time afterwards you get out of bed and then you suddenly you suddenly are aware of it. But anyway, I hope you're getting used to your new life. There. If it was me and I had a pathetic leg, i'd want to keep that right next to the bed.
Speaker 5: I imagine you just put it right next to the bed when you get into bed at night, because you wouldn't just put it in the bathroom or the kitchen now.
Speaker 2: Because ture the night you might want to go to the toilet or something.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. They keep it, keep it right there, I spoon.
Speaker 2: I didn't accuse you of not saying that. I mean, it's not just fall out of this. This is a prosthetic legay. So about us, about him is always leggas right now, James.
Speaker 12: Good morning morning, Christian. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good this morning, James was the first thing on your mind? Rather dropped himhen we woke up this morning. Buddy, wrong boots, wrong boots.
Speaker 12: Wrong boots. I was staying the night over at my girlfriend's house last night, and I packed all my high vis and work where for today and totally just in like kind of as in mind as I grabbed the first pair of boots I saw at home, and they were my like highly swayed, like bright not bright leather, but like finished letter like dress boots. And I've gone to get like dressed this morning, and I'm like these don't feel right because I feel like lowered to the ground of his own hard Yeah, and then I was like, this is not going to fly on site at Wall today.
Speaker 2: You're on a building site then with these beautiful suede shoes.
Speaker 12: I am yeah, well, I actually I'm late now because I literally was driving and I was like I just can't do it. So I had to devate that kind of a way.
Speaker 2: I totally understand, because you want me to get through the day. You'll get a load of stick from your work college and they'll get wrecks within what half an hour and a building.
Speaker 12: Site well probably, yeah, I mean like there's always something that's going to fall on the mostcuffam And but yeah, I'm a little more worried about the stick, to be honest, than that are replaceable.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they are the stick. The stick will be there forever whatever you do at work. Doesn't matter what you do, you'll still being known as the guy turned up in his pixie boots. Yeah, all right, James, have a good day. Thanks to go on the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks Christian The Christian oh Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Twenty to seven on gold one and four point three. Come morning, it's to Christian O'Connor breakfast show. So it's time now for third go at Jack's early morning game. This one is a stayer and a winner. Hello, Hello is the list?
Speaker 5: How long is that list? It's a simple game. I name a category. I then ask you, Christian, how long is that list? You roll two homemade dice and that number that comes up It could be.
Speaker 2: An eight, could be a seven. You need to smash seven or eight whatever it lands on two dice. So can I numbers? You'd give us whatever that number is in the category.
Speaker 3: The jat comes up with that's right.
Speaker 5: I won't give the category now because I want to give it right before the caller here is it's really good by calling now? If you want to play, how long is that list?
Speaker 2: Yesterday hobbies? Yes, find out next what it is today's prizes? Then should you get all the numbers in? How long is that list? If you're excited about the Soccer World Cup next Australia game tomorrow evening ten pm, when you take on the dates, Real Madrid, one of the greatest soccer teams in the world, there's this big experience the Real Madrid's World of Football Experience, So on now at the Melbourne Museum Place. So we've got family passes if you want to take the kids. If you do want to find out more and book tickets, Ticket k is where you need to go. It's the real Madrid World of Football Experience. But we've got some free family passes to be one. Now on how long has that list?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 11: Hello, Hello is the list?
Speaker 2: Then let's play how long is that list? The category? Please, and I'll roll the dice.
Speaker 5: The category today is which the callers must list a winner prize Australian bands.
Speaker 2: All right, good one, okay, I roll the dice. Dice number one already falling apasts maybe I just about yesterday it's and.
Speaker 3: A two three.
Speaker 2: This is a dollar. It's a breeze for someone to win the prizes today. Fall to Daryl. Good morning, Daryl, I'm realty good Darrel. You ready to play? How long is that list? Alreadyte reckon, you can name three Australian bands.
Speaker 3: Yeah it sounds it sounds all right, that's my laptop.
Speaker 5: Sorry, let's say you're ready for this back, but now put it back up so I can do those sign the facts.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: Uh sorry, Darryl gave you extra thinging time, which you didn't deserve.
Speaker 3: But good luck in the game.
Speaker 4: We've got astray and Crawl.
Speaker 2: And Sheran.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's already won.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well do Yeah, it was it was too easy.
Speaker 5: I think I think we can't have any more loan numbers. Yeah, no, exactly, Daryl, you win to I mean, of course you win to that.
Speaker 2: Listen, any McGuire doesn't do that. If someone wins some money on a millionaire hot seat and I think we need harder questions. I don't think we should give them the money anymore. If they get it right, we roll the dice. The dice to size, so they wanted the dice, say they said the number three. You know, then I can't argue with the dice.
Speaker 3: Think the game goes it's too short? Did you, Darryl? Did you personally think the game is too short?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 2: No, I think sometimes or something exactly. Yeah. The house always has to win, Jack, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm taking the feedback on board.
Speaker 2: Daryl, what what a bad loser?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 4: Is he's a shocker.
Speaker 5: Guys, I'm not as Darryl something me versus you. I want everybody, of course, I want everybody to.
Speaker 2: It was one fair and square with the rules that we've created on this game. And you go, oh, that's too short, Daryl.
Speaker 5: When I when I'm trying to craft a game, what I'm thinking of is something that's fun for you to call her to play, but something that's fun for people listening in their cars to play as well.
Speaker 2: Like I was just awful, awful raining on Daryl's parade. I'm sorry about this, Darryl. Give you the number of it to complain to the boss.
Speaker 4: I will do, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Please take it up. Let's have them removed. Let's start the petition now. Sack Jack the first one to help me, the second one.
Speaker 11: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Daryl. You have won, even though Jack doesn't want to give you these. These are real Madrid World of Football, experienced family passes.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, and if you want to find out more, you go to ticket Tech.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I let the final word this hour come from James who called us up about fifteen minutes ago seeing how he left his work boots at his girlfriend's place and he was just going to go with his dress shoes to work a suede bootetes who are going to get ruined on a big manly site. So he made a DIVERSI he's and then going to be late to get on the building site. Anyway. It's just giving me a little update here. This this, this is great Christian James. He according early with the wrong boots story. One of the guys on the site was listening on site and has now given me flack of a being late slash being precious over my dress boots. I can't win, sorry, James. All right, we've got the news and sport and then you will hear about the low blow. The scow duggar is the word I would use that Jack's been up to to try and divide my house and take my kids away from me from supporting my team. You'll be stune what he did.
Speaker 1: You can find out more off the seven the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show on Gold one oh four points.
Speaker 2: Crown's Big Guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two. Good morning, it's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three, Show number thirteen. Lucky for some, unlucky for others. So a forty five this morning on the show Court at to nine. Judgment day will finally be here. That's the moment I won't be announcing my AFL team. Hamosh has managed to pulinsa famous He's already done a lot of favors for the show, already in ten teams and ten shows. But Hamris mcgoklin has kind of adopted this show. I don't fully know why. Someone asked me yesterday, why why is he doing all this? Wait?
Speaker 5: Every time he I think he's bort well, every time he's in here, he's always rushing off to like sell a business or starting business or.
Speaker 3: Drying business. Who make his empire even bigger.
Speaker 2: So wax is surfboard or you know, clean the yacht, whatever sort of expensive hobby he's got. I think it's also I think he mainly drops in here in the morning to use the Wi Fi because I've notically comes in. It just sort of hangs out here and then done some squat thrust some press ups and goes, you know, and flosses his teeth. There's beautiful white teeth of his. But anyway, it's the two McLoughlin's on today. We've got Hamish of course, finishing this all, the whole journey off, and then his brother Gil McGlaughlin, the CEO of the AFL, will be announcing the team I'm going to go for.
Speaker 5: Of course, Gil each year announces the winner of the Brownlow Medal. This is bigger, he reads the verse, But I mean, this is a Brownlow Medals just once a year.
Speaker 3: This is for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Don't don't keep ramping it up. And it is huge, so much so that it is now spilled over into my family life and the man who stirred that up over the last week my kids, obviously they're into their fourth week at their new schools here they realized as well big afelis. Both my daughters now want to start learning and do AFL at school. They don't want to do netball when the term changes, which is great, A little bit upset. I thought they would go for soccer, but they're going for AFL. I had my thirteen year old yesterday trying to show me a few tips how to handball, and she was better than me. It was embarrassed.
Speaker 5: Well, I saw your screen open the other day on YouTube that said tips on how to handball.
Speaker 2: I was having you one to see that. I generally was googling that you up some other kids. But anyway, so I just presume that we would all make a family decision that my wife ridiculously breaks on the pack story away and goes, I'm going to go for the I go for Jenom because one of our oldest friends, she's a Gelong fan. I was like, okay, it'd be me and the kids, and then Jack does something so behind the scenes, I was stunned, absolutely stunned. I think he's even nervous in this voice, smaile he left me. Is he maybe realized he'd gone too far?
Speaker 5: Hey mate, I'm trying to call you, but you must be out to dinner with Eddie Maguire.
Speaker 2: Just want to know.
Speaker 5: If you got the gift from me and the essen and footy club. It's a really special one and it's not meant to influence you anyway for tomorrow's decision about which football team you'll go for. It's just a lovely present and I hope the family likes it.
Speaker 2: It created a huge family rift, which I will tell you about next exactly what he did.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Seventeen minutes last seven good on in Melbourne. It's the Christian O'Connor Bakfast show on Gold one oh four point three in nineteen twenty seven. That's when I think of you rather than me and Jack or many Jack apologize and confess to the low, sneaky thing he did yesterday, try and steal my kid's loyalty to another team that maybe isn't dads team that he's going to announce this morning. We'll let this. This is the kind of tennis match that was going on between our voicemail messages yesterday evening. I think your workout on this Watchack actually did what the you're playing at? You come to my house when I'm not around and sneakily give my innocent kids your dirty team's top. Who the are you color Christian?
Speaker 5: It sounds like you've got the good news about the girls Bombers Jumpers. He actually left me no choice. I saw you putting other teams ahead of essend In and as we get closer and closer to this decision day, we needed to pull out something big. And what better way than to go through the family, through the ones you love.
Speaker 2: You know that clause in your contract that says the station reserve the right to just bump you off to a station in Darwin. In that move, with those tops and my kids, you've just moved ahead of a lot closer to Darwin.
Speaker 3: Look, I do hope the girls love their jumpers.
Speaker 5: That's a gift from Bianca and I and from the Essena and football club. And no matter what decision you make tomorrow, the girls are strong, young independent women and they can make their own mind up about who they want to barrack for, and we would love to have them at Bomba Land. I know you sound angry and you're holding that Darwin thing over my head.
Speaker 3: Please don't make me go broadcast radio in Darwin.
Speaker 2: No hard feelings, Well, I said, Yester, the show I know AFL means everything to you. I didn't realize you quite go to that step too, dropping off tops with my daughter's names on Ruby and Lois into my house yesterday.
Speaker 3: And now you've got a choice.
Speaker 5: You can make a great moment and memories for years and years to come, Daddy daughter games at the MCG at Eddie had Sta Marvel Stadium.
Speaker 3: You've taken from me, You've ruined that you can choose the bombers.
Speaker 2: You're the bombers. We can't turn it into Bomber fam. I keep telling you this, and.
Speaker 3: I know especially.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was lovely to meet your daughters the other week and to see him again yesterday. They are stubborn is probably a good way to say it. So it's not gonna be easy for you to change their minds or how they have these jumpers.
Speaker 2: Here's here's my point of view. Right, I knew someone was going on. My life was filling with her phone and I was thinking, right, I just thought the kids had done something or made something, And I was in the kitchen I just cleaned up after dinner last night. And then my kids come into the kitchen and they are wearing Bombers tops, and my wife starts filming my reaction. You can see the video right now. Stop on our Facebook page. Just see exactly my reaction. And then the really sad thing here right two daughters, thirteen year old and eleven year old. You had their names on the back. They're excited. Ruby has decided that she will go with whatever I decide, okay or a shame. Lois, my younger one, is a very very free spirited kid, and I think she did this just to annoying me. She's gone with the bombs. She went to sleep last night in the top you got. I swear she went to sleep in it last night.
Speaker 3: And will you love to have her take it again?
Speaker 2: Well you have to, I'm not. I said, you know, all this means that we'll only I'll only see you again when team my team, I almost said it.
Speaker 3: Then, I can't believe you've already chosen, because I have.
Speaker 2: I've weighed this up. There was one team as a runner up, but there was one team that has risen, and it rose very quickly in front of front of my eyes, and then in threw my eyes into my heart where they live. I can't believe you came to my house and get my daughter's I.
Speaker 5: Was hoping to see you too, but you're always after lunch with Eddie McGuire or comedians that you're having lunch with yesterday.
Speaker 3: Who you won't blame them.
Speaker 2: I did it yesterday, okay, but anyway now, so it's a diver divided house. I thought us moving here, we could all all four of us, my wife and the two kids all have one team. My wife John Katz Fan Lawis has now gone to your side, the dark side, the bombers, Ruby and I. So there's in a family, there's now three different teams.
Speaker 5: Don't believe you've ended up with a mixed bag after it could have been so easy to go for the day.
Speaker 2: It's your fault. It's all your fault. It's a divided house. So the full decision. You can find out the team eight forty five. This morning, Gilma Glochan will be in with his brother Hamish. Eight forty five you can find out the team. I'll go look.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three rounds V guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two.
Speaker 2: Nat Seeing Early are Torn on God won a four point three Good morning, I have your well. This morning's a Christian O'Connell breakfast show. So you can see this horror video really of my poor kids surprising their innocent father. That's who I play in this movie. An innocent father who's clearing up the kitchen after dinner, cooking dinner for the family, who sees its poor kids have been corrupted, their minds at that age, their tender little things. Who would do that Jack post. They've been blackmailed. Blackmailed girls can be easily swayed by shiny new clothing. Blackmail, that's what they've been doing. I gave them a gear, broke into my house, gave them a gift.
Speaker 3: I mean it said it's on the front door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you must have been hiding around the corner. He's gone, that's going to go and drop this in right now. I never would have let you over the threshold. If you're can turn up with those tops, those Essendon Bombers tops. Anyway, see the video for yourself right now. It's on our Facebook page. OC one oh four three. Leave your name, leave a comm and let us know what you think was Jack right or wrong? OC one O four three. I fear that a lot of you would agree with him, because I would guess you'll agree if you're only a Bombers fan.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Today's show us a hive of activity behind the scenes. We've had to make some changes. Mate. Gil McLaughlin obviously mister AFL busy busy guy, and he is coming in live to this show, into this studio. I can't believe this is happening in just three and a half weeks that we've got him coming in. Gil is coming in to do the announcement. Obviously, I know what he normally does. The announcements are a lot more borant with the Brownlow and now he's coming in just to announce what team I'm going for. The enormity not just of the decision. And then Gil coming in to do this, so many people gone, is it? What an act of playing him? Is coming? He's actually coming in so we've just heard it. Obviously has to move things around. I believe it involves a private jet waiting for him. So he's now coming on me. No, he's me, but that's his life, isn't it. He's now coming in at eight twenty, So that does mean we've had to change the show. Obviously, we're working around this, so I mean some of the production I judgment that still stands. Christian makes his decisions eighty five in two No, no, I told you, Brian, I told you no, it's the show's done by then, so hopefully this one and he's just recorded judgment day that's still yeah.
Speaker 3: Christian makes at.
Speaker 2: Eight twenties decision, Gill will do it for me. No, no, no, Brian, I told you it's changed. It's privately, it's eight twenty. Christian makes his decision.
Speaker 3: In twenty two minutes, will be the news.
Speaker 2: But look that we haven't got time. We just need to get into it now. So it's at twenty past steak. You will make the announcement of what team I am going for. You have You've got time, I reckon, You've got forty minutes to try and sway me. I have a team, okay, I have a runner up team. That was almost However, I'm open to your passion to why forget about the Bombers.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm doing my part for Esson.
Speaker 2: Then you've done too much.
Speaker 5: I'm wearing a Bombers jump into that and making my kids wear their tops.
Speaker 3: Christians daughters now have personalized I'm just going.
Speaker 2: Over to the bombers, okay, So please don't take any more kids from me, Jack, I want to know why should I go for your team? Try one last minute pitch. Okay, don't give me a speech. We've had all the speeches. I'm going to give you ten seconds, all right, Do you tell me in ten seconds? Why should go with your team? I will hear you out on ninety four one four one four three? Why should I go for your team?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Guilty feet, I've got no rhythm could be written about Jack Post? And what did yesterday break it into my house?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And I wasn't there to try and blackmail my children to sport on his team. A desperate move by a desperate man and an unhinged man.
Speaker 3: The word you're looking for is bribe.
Speaker 2: Guilty have got no rhythm, but that is you.
Speaker 5: Blackmail is the wrong term. And if Lois does choose to bury for the bomber, she has I hope you're happy now we are happy again to meet having the players.
Speaker 2: It stills a daughter from her dad Jack Post does send him to Darwin.
Speaker 5: Well, this is the thing you can come across to the bombers. There's still time before Gil comes in and announces your team.
Speaker 2: There's still time, okay, brand the boys have a managed just updated the production. This is good news everyone.
Speaker 13: Judgment day, Christian makes his decision. Swiazy is he gonna move it again?
Speaker 2: We don't know. Girls, private jets on some roadway somewhere right now. Okay, we don't know.
Speaker 3: He'll land a chopper on the top of the station.
Speaker 2: Karen, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you Christian?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm ten, some nervous. This is a big moment in my life. Could be the first mistake I make here in this great city. So which team should I go for? Karen?
Speaker 7: Well, listen, buddy, there's a sighing with Collingwood. You either love them or hate him. Now get on and love them.
Speaker 3: Is this Eddie doing a voice?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 7: I'm not idy everywhere? Mate, This is Karen, Mate and Jack Buddy. Not cool? Not cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you? Karen?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, Karen, you tell him what's not cool?
Speaker 7: Listening?
Speaker 11: Come on?
Speaker 7: Given the kids jumpers?
Speaker 11: Not cool, buddy, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not cool talent today's show? Not cool, buddy, and Cam Let's go to Catherine.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Catherine, Hi, Christian, how are you going?
Speaker 2: Oh? Pretty good, Catherine, and welcome to Melbourne. Okay, thank you very much. I appreciate that, Catherine. Which team should I go for?
Speaker 14: Oh the Mighty Strains, of course, Christian.
Speaker 2: They made a really really strong case and the game over the weekend put them into the four teams that I was thinking about on Monday. They really did. Actually, no, no, no, I promise you they really did. They are in the mix.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 14: My reason is I believe that it is pretty close to Morebin and so you're very close to range them anytime you like.
Speaker 2: They are the nearest team to me.
Speaker 5: They just let people drop in because oh yes, I live in a bayside suburb. Can I come in and see the players kick the kick with the players on the training.
Speaker 11: Field, Because they do.
Speaker 4: They go, I go.
Speaker 14: Pass a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of club that they are, right and I think maybe your bombers don't let you do that, but that's what hell, that's how they run it there and killed are the Saints running like that?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 14: All very open.
Speaker 2: I tell you what the Saints would do something like break into my house and give my kids tops or anything like that. You know, all right? Captain? Thanks you cool thank you, Rod.
Speaker 7: There you are.
Speaker 12: I'm Christian.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good Rod. Okay, Rod, why are your team?
Speaker 5: Oh well, I don't even need ten seconds for this.
Speaker 11: You're got to go with the same as your wife, happy wife, Happy life was that.
Speaker 2: It's true, It's true. It's a strong case there.
Speaker 3: Is has chosen to go for Geelong because a friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wrote, she wrote last week she's gone. She's she's gone. Buts so you got to go with all right, Okay, we'll take some calls nine four one four one O four three nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three seven minutes bastay on judgment Day, showing them a first scene. Helloly's twelve minutes away from the big announcement. Which AFL team will I be supporting giving you the news? Will be mister AFL, the CEO, the Big G's he won't come in. He's turning nut Jet around right now, circling above the stations of the big ches. Yeah yeah, the Big Quatropha. Martio's coming in. He's coming in to do the announcement. Go some brown not to this, Which AFL team am I gonna announcing Gil mcgloughlin Hamish just waiting to come in as well. He's been putting this all together for the last ten teams and ten shows, so listen before. I now have a gold envelope, right, okay, very soon, I'm gonna be writing in the runner up and the team.
Speaker 3: But it's still fluid. Anybody could convince you tell me about it. It's the eleventh hour.
Speaker 2: My wife's oldest friend lives out at Geelong. That's why she's gone to the Cats. She's texting me saying, honestly, please make the right decision. Then at least you, Sarah, you can then have another gut persuading the girls, you know, make a family call, Make the right call. I'm now getting people contacted me John to show on my phone saying, pick various teams.
Speaker 3: And you at least eliminate one of the ten Victorian teams. Can you cool?
Speaker 2: Cheer, bombast, hug you sorry?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Melissa?
Speaker 3: Yes, Hello the.
Speaker 2: Morning, Melissa, alive and gold one of four point three? Which team should I go for? You got? You got? We're in the last eleven or twelve minutes.
Speaker 15: Okay, you have to go for the Bombers. Thanks, Jack, because I'm the great granddaughter of one of the players. Oh yeah, or an next player.
Speaker 2: Yes, I guess if you're the great grand daughter one of our current it's pretty slow. He's pretty slow at the moment.
Speaker 15: He'd be really slow.
Speaker 3: He's the player, Melissa.
Speaker 2: What I know them.
Speaker 15: His name is Thomas fitzmart and he's actually in the Hall of Fame as well.
Speaker 7: It's wow and back, here's back.
Speaker 15: In one of the games that he played during halftime, there was a bit of controversy and he actually went in and started a fight amongst his players for allegedly trying to throw the game.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what a story.
Speaker 3: Throw the game?
Speaker 2: He was Other players were, that's your bombers for you.
Speaker 7: He wasn't told, all.
Speaker 3: Right, well no, we've tried so it's hard to iron that out.
Speaker 2: It's fitsally just angry, you know, squiting on because he wasn't told. What wasn't cutting on the action?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 4: No, No, he just didn't agree with it.
Speaker 7: It wasn't It wasn't sportsmanship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what essen's all about. Honesty.
Speaker 2: Tell you this, Melissa, don't take it the wrong way. It can't be the bombers because Jack's are fan, not because anythink you've said because Jack is a fan, we can't turn it into a Bombers FM. I'm sorry, sorry, minister, Please don't hate me in the show.
Speaker 15: Well, my husband doesn't go for the bombers, so the happy wife, happy life story. It makes for an interesting game when we our teams are playing against each other.
Speaker 2: Who does he go for?
Speaker 15: He goes to North Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, thanks Melissa, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Thanks Melissa.
Speaker 2: I think he's in the building. Gil, alright, his brother's just going to get him. This bit's embarrassing. We're having building work done here right, and he's happy lift isn't working. When do you reckon the last time Gil mcgonchlin had to walk up three flights of stairs in a fire exit, in a fire exit that's freezing cold. I don't reckon he's ever done that? What in the last two decades?
Speaker 3: That's why I reckon. He landed the chopper on the roof.
Speaker 2: He's upsetting down right now, he's repelling down the side of the building.
Speaker 1: Here the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well, there's been even more activity in the last couple of minutes as Gil is in the building, Is this right, Hamish? Good morning and welcome back Hamis mcgachlin.
Speaker 3: Christian, nice to see you, Jacko.
Speaker 2: This is a big day.
Speaker 16: I mean, this is sort of a life changing morning in a lot of ways. Fix a lot of your life. Fixed who you watch the footy with, who you win with, who you lose with, who you drink with, who you cry with. I want to get this one right.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I generally feel so tense and excited right now and since we got here five weeks ago. This is the single weakest decision I will make. It could be for some people a makeal break decision whether or not they continue to listen to the show barring Geelong.
Speaker 3: Because I did that pitch.
Speaker 16: I've received a text or a phone call from every club or we have been involved in, saying where do we sit? And then I've had a call from at least half of the clubs from a communications point of your media manager's marketing manager saying do we send him a dog membership?
Speaker 2: Do we send him a ball signed jumper?
Speaker 3: Do we send some sort of a pack that can influence.
Speaker 5: Even after I gave your daughters the heard what did yesterday with my kids?
Speaker 3: I gave them this for radio. I gave them in jumpers with their names on the.
Speaker 2: Drop them off. Yesterday. I thought, if you go, she's fallen. Now.
Speaker 5: See this is all takes some clever play from a club, and Essendon Footy Club has already got in touch with it.
Speaker 3: This morning said is there still time to get Dice back on? He's got one last pitch.
Speaker 2: It is no more time. There's no more time.
Speaker 16: There have been phenomenal pitches. So Cochen came in. You called him man Candy. Second day we had Goodie. He said, don't choose a suburb, choose a city. Third day, Dice and Heppel and that laconic lee and gather drawl. So they said, we're closest to Southampton. Joffa captain that she has got was brilliant. Said you can't get a divorce load to break up with your club, whence you've chosen one.
Speaker 2: This is for life.
Speaker 16: Kernahan from his bathroom sounded like Darth Vade who'd been through puberty again. Ahovacraft Billy Miller, who's been sober since the night. Lead singer from the Ferrets, and then followed up with the Textiff of the Saints came from nowhere on Saturday night, direct to me to give to you, Clark, I said, we love winning.
Speaker 3: We got superstars.
Speaker 16: I had to fill in for Zack too, because apparently there's no fun loans in Geelong. Ruz Sean Higgins was brilliant. You said, he looked like he was a Pixar drawn sculpture.
Speaker 2: Beautiful man.
Speaker 3: Yea, your wife says she may now convert to the rus.
Speaker 16: Finally, the dogs they want you to be their sort of very own British bulldog.
Speaker 3: They got a guy called Tim English. So many strong points.
Speaker 2: So where are we at? I tell you where we're at. Okay, this is what we're going to do. Then, So I've got a pan an envelope with golden and look for your brother Gil. I'm going to write the team we're going to come back from this ob break. Your brother will do the announcement. I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna le Bron. This is huge, this is huge. I'm going to tell you now, the team that actually is the runner up came really close. The team that really really did still my heart last week came out of nowhere and then they did. They did that amazing thing over the weekend. That's what sports all about, those underdogs. And I'm an underdog in this city. But the runner up is St Kilda.
Speaker 3: Billy Miller runs second. Michael suddenly just disappointed with you.
Speaker 2: You are as a person. Sorry, Saints fans, listen right now, fan, you know that is he.
Speaker 3: He's about to come and put you in a headlock, Chinese burn, you put cripple head at all. Don't worry. He might conveniently lose the envelope and you do.
Speaker 2: Let's just read out the Saints anyway.
Speaker 16: He's got the power caadem yourwards where yoused to read out whatever you want.
Speaker 2: You can do. The Warren bat thing just make all right. So I'm going to write down the team during this ad break. When we come back, you can find out who is team.
Speaker 1: The Christian Ol'ctonal Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three rounds, Big Guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two.
Speaker 13: Judgment Day. Christian Mace his decision sweazy is he gonna move it again?
Speaker 2: And that is eight twenty four. You know everything's the movie will feast this morning on this big show judgment day. It's the moment during the ad break. I've come really close to changing my mind because Gil, only are you a tall man, you're a powerful man. And Hay Mushini have just been arguing in the studio. I'm in the middle here, like a rose between two brotherly thorns, and I don't know. I have my team, it's in the envelope. But now you're saying you're sure about this if you thought it through, well.
Speaker 8: All artists and creative people go and killed it. And you live down that way nim Ram, and I heard a caller on the way. I just didn't make any sense. But I guess if you're from English aristocraas aristocras Nolbourn, because that's the I know which cupboard is as yet that's all we know.
Speaker 16: But what we do know is I'm a man, I'm a geelong man, and you've neglected the geelong time.
Speaker 2: I'm a wife score for those now I want to be independent from.
Speaker 8: What well I know he didn't give us and Kildre and it doesn' make any sense to me. Are you honestly in a state of mind? Where you could change. Yes, because he's come in and pitched.
Speaker 2: And curis because he's missed a fl He knows more than anybody. No, just respect to you. You know, you know a lot.
Speaker 3: You know, he runs the game, his process that goes.
Speaker 11: On all the time.
Speaker 8: When Ian McLeod took over from Coles, came from Scotland, what onemo was an island is an island off the coast of Scotland called Saint Kildrey, Kilda Ari.
Speaker 2: Murvis C c U B.
Speaker 8: And then was convinced that he could never be called Carton draft not go for Cardon. And they're very, very passionate about it. So yeah, it'll be whatever's triggered you and twigged you and tweaked you.
Speaker 16: But gil As Joffah said, no divorce lawyer can get you out of relationships.
Speaker 3: It's don't have a breakup text.
Speaker 16: The decision that is about to be made is for the rest of Christian's natural life, for better or worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're a borer, a lot of sadness if you what do you think, I think keep what's in the envelope. It's what you chose yourself. I would love the bombers, but I just see that.
Speaker 3: Last thing.
Speaker 16: What was it that you did when you weighed things up? Was it who pitched? Was it research on websites? Was it what does a captain look like? Will my wife be happy going supporting this guy training?
Speaker 2: No, it's because for the last two years, the biggest thing in me and my family's life was all about coming to the city. Will we be lucky enough to come and move to the sea start a new life? And for me star radio show here it was all about Melbourne. It was all about I think I know where this is going now and that's why. All right, Well, I'm sorry, Gil, you're a powerful man. You're not getting inside the envelope I'm going to open as I get that.
Speaker 8: But there's the thing I'm not going to help you get here, which is a lifelong commitment, which is what's going to require wherever you choose. I Christian lim O'Connell. I Christian lim O'Connell wholeheartedly understand, wholeheartedly understand.
Speaker 2: The decision I.
Speaker 8: Make today's final.
Speaker 2: The decision I make today is final.
Speaker 8: The team I choose will never change.
Speaker 2: The team I choose will never change.
Speaker 8: The colors they well become my colors. The colors they wear will become my colors. The song they sing with the song I sing. The song they sing will become the song I sing. I shall possess pure faith to the team I choose.
Speaker 2: I shall possess pure faith to the team I choose.
Speaker 8: Yet reserve the right to ban in the moments of passion, if only had that.
Speaker 2: My wedding found here, I yet reserve the rights to abandon them in moments of power.
Speaker 8: To change that line a bit from the comfort of the stands in my living room to the comfort of the stands to my living room. But for the most part, they are my team, and I shall stand by them.
Speaker 2: For the most part, they are my team, and I shall stand by them forever, forever.
Speaker 8: Now by the power vested me as the CEO of the A film brings me great pleasure to announce Melbourne and Australia, which great club has the honor of following you.
Speaker 17: They are supporter Christian's Club Forevermore is the Demons.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, come on, the Demons team.
Speaker 8: I might have given that away and the balls up in there.
Speaker 2: Did you see this?
Speaker 3: For example? We did have this, We did have a scarf in football ready. I guess it was pretty obvious. It was Melbourne Demons.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, Christian, you have a football club.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. I almost almost changed it Bacces since Kilda. That was really really cul I really almost went The mid that I didn't.
Speaker 8: Tell you is you're going to have a lot more success than a couple of years with Melbourne. It's a smart call. They are a team on the app, they're eighteen. That also if they can win it haven't won since. I think sixty four is going to a lot of passion, a lot of emotion.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: So not bad.
Speaker 16: We've been talking about why listeners and we all became supporters of our club.
Speaker 3: How do you end up becoming a saint?
Speaker 8: I was living with a guy. I was badly way trying to make it. You know, I was no g was never going to make it. I was living on a sublist at the club. The guy was living with us on the sublist at sin Kilda. And he made it and went on to play trying to plus games, captain the club, best and fairest and ended up following his career and then following sek Kilda And.
Speaker 16: So you're barricking for Stirred in the s NFL, came over to Melbourne, tried to make it with Carlton, couldn't because you're.
Speaker 3: No good correct and Andrew did.
Speaker 2: His Brotherty start matter.
Speaker 16: It's a matter of record, But Andrew Thompson made it. So you said, right, I'll support your club for the rest of time.
Speaker 8: So that was your club that said you up finding a way in and someone's gone to your head?
Speaker 2: What got to you? What was it? It really was like I said, But you know, coming to this city was the dream for me in my family, and it's taken a lot to get here, to come, you know, ten thousand miles away, to come to this great city, star my own radio show here is a really big deal for us. So that is why I've gone for this city's club.
Speaker 8: All football club in the world, and they're they're going very well. So good luck and I look forward to taking a game of football.
Speaker 2: I can't work out it.
Speaker 8: Next week Pot Adelaide, you get the first game, so you want to go to Port Adelaide.
Speaker 2: No, we skipped that one. Come stay night for me my wife.
Speaker 8: I can't tell me your card gang because his noose already arrived and off this weekend.
Speaker 2: It's a buller and you're real for the water. They're a Reales fan. You'll have fun with the days.
Speaker 16: We'll get you out onto Gosh's Paddict do a training session with them.
Speaker 2: Simon. I can't make those either.
Speaker 16: Simon Goodwin has texted since we've been on and he said call me any time, So why don't you just call him in a minute?
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect girl.
Speaker 8: Thank you, congratulations and thanks for supporting a f L pleasure.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That was tense, Jillie. We'll listen to rasting things involved in twenty years of radio. Tell you what Gil how told is he?
Speaker 5: He's an imposing character and I think that's why you almost convinced you in the eleventh hour change to St Kilda.
Speaker 2: Towering over me. He ducked into this studio through our door, which must be about I'm told to you your tool, lad? What are you?
Speaker 3: Six two three six three?
Speaker 2: He ducked down into the studio right as if he was coming in a Wendy sort of toy house to play with them some kids. I felt like I was in Lily Put looking up to him. That's why he almost went for his his team since killed here. I really was really close to changing my mind. He was intimidating me.
Speaker 5: And look, congratulations that you have chosen for people who are just tuning in the Melbourne Demons as.
Speaker 3: Your football club forever and ever.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's it.
Speaker 5: Even though your wife goes through Geelong, your daughters go for us and in Yeah, because you swayed her yesterday by dropping off three tops, you now go for the Melbourn Demons. And I actually like it, and I'll tell you why. Because of my ongoing quest to become friends with Tom McDonald. We played board games last week. We're playing board games again this afternoon.
Speaker 6: Are you yeah?
Speaker 2: This is amazing. Do you know what the ball game is? Don't know what it is?
Speaker 3: Last time I join in.
Speaker 5: Some of the guys from the Melbourn Football Club like to play board games on the day off, and I'm joining you in because I want to be the football ambassador for this show and be when Hamish McLaughlin gives up and can't do it anymore. I want to be the guy who brings people to you. And I can bring Melbourne Footballers to you because it's easy your team.
Speaker 2: Well it's okay. Now I'm in, you know. Now I'm in with the other team. I can actually bring the coach. He's on the line right now. Simon Goodwood is on the line, Simon, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, Yeah, Christian, how are you mate?
Speaker 2: Very excited?
Speaker 3: Great choice, great choice.
Speaker 11: And I said, he can call me goody, goody, gum drops, whatever you wanted to call me.
Speaker 2: So we're on board. We're alive. And well, well listen, you made a great pitch when he came on. You made a really good case. And you know, and like I said about five minutes ago, Melbourne City usburn coming here and start a new life with my family has been a big dream. And so you're you're the city's club. It's about the dcent me. So I'm your newest fan, Simon.
Speaker 11: Fantastic, Christian. I thought that was I thought it was my pitch that my got you across the line, So it did.
Speaker 5: I also think he liked the he signed football that you sent the next day.
Speaker 3: That was cheeky.
Speaker 11: It was all part of the show and the pitch afterwards is really important.
Speaker 12: So it's great to have you on board.
Speaker 11: It's a great decision. You're a club that's moving forward to looking forward to having you around the club.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope I can make some tiny little difference by barrickon for you guys. And what's the atmosode of the team at the moment.
Speaker 18: Yeah, look, obviously a disappointing game against Colin on and Quinn's birthday, but yeah, I know it wasn't a great part of my pitch was it having a loss. But now it's looking forward to the boys responding this great big game in Adelaide against Port Adelaide.
Speaker 11: So I'm kind to get over there and play a really good team again.
Speaker 2: So it looks like the first home game I can come and see you play. It's a team that actually came runner up in my choice. You got some Kilda two each time.
Speaker 18: Yes, thanks in two weeks time, so they last. So first home game, we'll get you along, We'll get you down the rooms and.
Speaker 2: Love a good chef and do you know something? Do you know about this? Then? Some of your players during the week to chill out on on wine, they play board games.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we've got a pretty dark best group group.
Speaker 3: The sound of defeating your voice.
Speaker 18: Some played Fortnite, others play board games, so it's an interesting me.
Speaker 2: Are you on your way to the training ground? Now, what are you up to?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Day off today, So off to have a couple of meetings on my day off, to Monopoly with the team.
Speaker 17: Yeah nice in the city with toy McDonald and board.
Speaker 2: Games, drinking bubble tea. Listen, We'll let you go, Coach Goody two shoes, Thanks recording, Thanks, thanks having cheers, the Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. Hed your money, it's a Christian. I'm called back with Sean Gold one or four point three coming off at ten to nine. You're listening between it now and six o'clock. It's going to go this week. We will be giving away ten thousand dollars in the ten k no repeat work day, so ten scenes. In the last thirty minutes of the show, I finally announced my AFL team going for Melbourne City FC. It is the Mighty Ds, the Demons, and.
Speaker 5: The overwhelming response on the text line is thank god it's not Collingwood.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah that then thank god it's not Carlton. Then thank god it's not Richmond and then you're a snob, you're a tough, you're a yuppie. That's been the main response so far from people.
Speaker 5: But it feels like you've already adopted Melbourne. Are you calling them your team? Calling Jack Varney the captain of your team? It already feels natural.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's Jack Vinney's on the line. Now, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 11: Good morning guys to Christians.
Speaker 4: Im the team.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully I've made the right decision. I'm very, very excited. I think you're a team that's going well. I think who knows what could be ahead of you for the next couple of years. But I hope and some small part I can join in the cheers for you guys in the next couple of year. Is yeah.
Speaker 11: Now, hopefully we've got some exciting times. I think you've picked a great time job on board Now.
Speaker 2: One thing I'm a little bit jealous about is Jack who does this show with me? He is a Dirty Bombs fan, and yet he is playing board games once a week with our very own Tom McDonald. Do you do this as well? Are you part of the game playing the board game that goes on there?
Speaker 11: No, I think my invite got lost of the mail to the board games.
Speaker 4: Well, me and you both is a felex you they.
Speaker 11: Get together every now and then and get together play some board games. But unfortunately I missed out.
Speaker 2: Well, why don't we form our own board game little club, just me and you? Because I haven't been anointed to this either. So me and Viney you can do We can do it. We'll play football together, table football.
Speaker 4: Excellent, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Fine, there you go, okay, good to the mandate.
Speaker 3: Me and you push him into a corner.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: He's been nice enough to the opportunity to arrive.
Speaker 5: Now Jack Goody got carried away and he said, we're going to get Christian down to the rooms at the next Melbourne game. I think, is that too much? I mean, Christian hasn't done anything for the club yet.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. I have thrown myself and my daughter. We're going to be supporting this club.
Speaker 11: There are colors now, I heard you are I heard the MISSISSIORI selected Geelong as her team. I'm glad you've you've steered the kids to the d's.
Speaker 2: Taken them to the right side and good side.
Speaker 11: Good that's right. Absolutely been getting in the in the rooms I think as well. But they quite want to give to you your membership, which will get out to you before next week's game.
Speaker 2: I think, so that's fair. Get into it.
Speaker 11: We get into the rooms and yeah, introduced some of the boys.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant. Well listen, thank you very much. I let you go to it's today and off day. Then you get day off today.
Speaker 4: Today is my off day. So what do you do for coffee? Start heading to a cafe and just relax.
Speaker 11: Actually, and then hiding the city and do a little bit of our work experience, So.
Speaker 2: Work spoke experience. Were you doing more?
Speaker 11: I'm heading into a cando finance group, so just can't get my toes in the water. See what they're about this inviting?
Speaker 2: I need to focus on our team already. This isn't a good.
Speaker 4: Course just just thinking about it. You know what off after footage might hold? Just go to get a viso the field?
Speaker 2: What team have I backed? Where the captain he's doing work experience on his off day.
Speaker 4: Focused on football.
Speaker 2: Literally, it's hedge funding is inviting. We let you go. Thank you very much for giving us a call. Good luck this weekend, so good luck with the work experience.
Speaker 1: The Christian I've got a Little Breakfast Show on Gold one o four Voice Crowns Guarantee every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until July twenty two.
Speaker 2: Kelly the Cut of Girls, Double Things on God one of four point three K Morning's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Like I said earlier, whatever team I went for, you can't please everybody wild I'm picking your footy team, the Demons. You'll be off to a flying start with a loss against Port Adelaide. Yes, an, that's say port Adelaide.
Speaker 11: Fair.
Speaker 2: All right, So today's that work time waste up. This breafas show runs until ten o'clock in the morning. Huggy's up after that. Don't forget you listening all day long to see when we play. If it's today, we're gonna give away the ten thousand dollars on the ten k there repeat work day. It will happen today, tomorrow or Friday. It must go this week, all right now, today's at work time, waster f you'd a loaf off whilest you pretend to start work with the breakfast show. We're looking for sports stars as drinks. Turn a sports start into a drink. I've got David mel Beckham suppose all his various brand extensions. He hasn't done that. Actually, Edge share Asen as you if you had on a good bottle of it as well, and share Asen and Diana Barrossa. Jack, what have you got?
Speaker 5: Well, we just spoke to Jack Varney, who becomes Jack Whiney nice okay, tennis player Bernard Tonic good, Mohammad Saki, Yeah, very good.
Speaker 2: That's that's the best one that's going to take something. Yeah, end strong. All right. So that's the look of our sports Stars as Drinks. Text him in oh four seven five O three one oh four three. You text him in oh four seven five o three one oh four three. Jack should reward them with other gold, silver, bronze and some of the mysterious stuff in between that varies. Show to show. That's the basic idea sports Stars as Drinks. Text me now prizes for some of the better ones on oh four seven five O three one oh four three, remarking them in five minutes.
Speaker 1: Time O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Prince and Cream and God won a four point three At nine fifteen Wednesday Mornings. The Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Thank you very much. Sure you're at work time wasters. Today we're asking to take a sports star turn it into an alcoholic drink. Jack is always is ready to award bronze, silver, gold, and anything else he makes up in between. You are right, I'm ready to go. We are pacing up and down.
Speaker 3: It's getting ready Alrighty Warwick.
Speaker 2: Cappuccino.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: It's an alcoholic drink. You don't go and ask for a cappuccino?
Speaker 5: Are we doing earn the alcoholic drinks? I didn't even know I'm going to allow any drink.
Speaker 2: Gold this guy, I try to run the show and then, as always, he tries to then steer it somewhere the skids. Dustin Martini, very good silver plus Dustin Martin this week careless? What's it? Careless? Contact?
Speaker 3: Is that what happened to him this weekend?
Speaker 2: He's got fat founder of guilty of careless. You want to be mister a f L.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't watch the Tigers again this weekend.
Speaker 2: Next time more stretching. Uh Duayanne the Scott's Johnson.
Speaker 3: That's great, Gold Premium World, Well.
Speaker 2: Done to you. Freedom here Cranbourne.
Speaker 3: East, Shame's Freedom.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they sign off it, Freedom Cranbourne East, Champagne warn that's very good, Champagne.
Speaker 3: Champagne Silver, Mahito Ali.
Speaker 2: Gold, well done, Rebecca from card Dina, Buddy Wiser, Franklin good silver, just normal Sangrea Williams's.
Speaker 3: Serena Williams nap didn't then pop straight into my head?
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, Judy Uh Shandy Murray, that's well done. From Peter and ball Went that's very good. Matthew Vodka, Cruzer can't play apparently.
Speaker 5: Cruiser took me a second, but it's it's a bronze plus, okay.
Speaker 2: Jimmy and sint killed at East. He's very proud of that East, But isn't he sounds like you trying to listen. I bright, but I'm brighton East. I like to, you know, keep it down with the kids. Cider Woods.
Speaker 3: Almost, it's just almost not good enough. Bronze.
Speaker 2: I felt like silver platinum to me. Bloody Maria Sharpover feels like an use paper headlines. She's been at it again, Bloody Maria sharp Over, silver plus no gold at Someta. No, that's the best ones.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for those the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's Gold one on four point three. It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. We run until ten a m. So tomorrow morning. On the show. Ahead of your Australia's next game, You've got a great game. Second game. You can bounce back from a game you should not have lost. You are the winners in that game. You deserve through the winners. You've got the Danes tomorrow night, ten o'clock. You've got a good game tomorrow you should definitely win that. However, that's a producer to start banging stuff around in the studio. Guy. Tomorrow You're live from Sea Life Center, Melbourne. This is going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: The Melbourne Aquarium Big Life.
Speaker 2: Is the aquarium for three Life Melbourne Sea Life, Melbourne. I think it's MalCon I be only here for five weeks. I get it right and you get it wrong, mister Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I think on the streets people call it the Melbourne Aquarium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think that people in the media department there that let us come in and are opening up early for you to feed a crocodile. Were prefers to call us what is called? Which is Sea Life Melbourne.
Speaker 3: There's a big crock there you want me to meet?
Speaker 2: Oh do you work for them? It sounds like you are the tall guys. There's a big crop there, Yes, there is that. Nick went down yesterday, I producing it went down for a sight visit to check it all out. And what will you be doing tomorrow? At what time? On the show?
Speaker 9: Tomorrow morning after eight thirty we'll cross to Sea Life Melbourne where Jack will see which chicken?
Speaker 2: So we're dealing with chickens here. We should just point out as well for people to care about animals like me, these are these are not live.
Speaker 3: Chickens, naturally dead.
Speaker 2: And also you know that's what crocodiles eight. I mean we talked about in the wild. That's what they eat. So I don't you just eat chickens?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean they would mean a lot of farmers raising their pitchforks in Australia going and that the crucs got me chickens again.
Speaker 2: Chickens would get you. See you see a lot of a lot of the staff at Sea Life just at the drive through a red rooster getting more fried chicken.
Speaker 9: For the crocs So between eight thirty and nine o'crooile cross to sea life Melbournehere Jack will decide, well, actually, Pinjara, the saltwater crocodiles is our crocodile.
Speaker 2: It's a krocoff. Tomorrow darwould have got their own croc up there Crocosaurus Crocosaurus cove. Yep, that's the place they've got their own Dar one crocodile. It's eighty two. But and we've now got Melbourne's answer to Burt, which is Pinjarra, Pinjarra yep. So Pinjara is going to be predicting the outcome of the game Australia versus the Danes Denmark exactly how would it do that? So it will choose either Jack's left or right arm, so you'll get bitten on one of your arms. So Jack will be near to the action, not in the action.
Speaker 9: But we'll have a chicken with Denmark and a chicken with Australia and we'll see which one Pinjarra goes for and that'll predict the winner.
Speaker 2: Powerful So why do you.
Speaker 3: Need me down there? What do you mean what I thought? I thought I was feeding the crock.
Speaker 2: Something as big as this needs an eyewitness account a reporter down there, you're my roving reporter.
Speaker 3: I'm not roving reporter. I'm guying the studio. I thought I was guying the studio.
Speaker 2: Guy in the studio, But where is the studio?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow See Life Melbourne, Melbourne Aquarium, Albourn.
Speaker 2: You're down there on the scene, describing the atmosphere, owning it. Okay, all right, believable. You'll get down the water, lucky thing. You'll be the only person there with the staff.
Speaker 9: It's actually great down I was down there yesterday, saw the sharks, saw the penguins. The penguins are phenomenal. They've just had baby penguins. What are they called chicks? Are they baby penguins? Are called chicks. And they're also having like a gender reveal party for the just like a late night shows gender reveal part because I don't think they find anyway.
Speaker 2: Who don't know what the chicks don't find out whether they're a black girl to having. I'll do some research on how that works. I've got to hear Jack describe more about the gender reveal party when he's down there tomorrow. Yah, that'd be good, all right, So eight thirty tomorrow Morning, Got that sorted?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we are back tomorrow Morning Sign Show Jack Live from.
Speaker 3: Sea Life Melbourne and Melbourn Aquarium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's raring to go. I know.
Speaker 5: I'm actually looking forward to feeding the crocodile tomorrow to pick the winner of Australia den Mark.
Speaker 2: I've got it, I've got it. I know what you like, I know what you like. You like to sing? Why you've got twenty Yeah? What about twenty hours to come up with a song for Pinjara the crocodile, to sing to the crocodile before it makes its psychic prediction? Will it be Denmark or the soccer Oos?
Speaker 3: You want me to sing the crocodile a song?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 3: Thank you for I'll give you. I'll do your trade. I'll sing the crocodile song.
Speaker 5: If after we do the feed the crocodile at eight thirty, I can go straight home from the aquarium.
Speaker 2: No, are you for real? This is only week three, This is a campaign.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 2: We're at Breakfast Radio Wall.
Speaker 3: You know the nine o'clock hour is mostly music.
Speaker 2: You don't need me, No, we need you. You're on board. That's it, six or ten, that's your working hours, don't you'll come straight back here all right, and I'll be happy to and you will sing happily to a little crocodile pinjarra. Okay, thank you for doing that, all right? Title the day show is Judgment Day. I've picked my team. This was the moment earlier when mister A F. L. Gilma Glaughlin came in to do the big announcement.
Speaker 8: Brings me great pleasure to announce to Melbourne and Australia. Which great club has the honor of following you here?
Speaker 17: Supporter Christian's Club Forevermore is the Demons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on the Demons. That's it my team.
Speaker 3: Why did gil whisper that.
Speaker 2: So much? And Christian most dramatic moment.
Speaker 3: Supporter the Demons.
Speaker 2: You think that's a business thing he does? It's like a power move. Do you think Trump does it? He's learnt it from him anyway, Hugg's coming up next to it. Yet, keep listening all day long to God one of four point three for the ten k no repeat workday. We're back tomorrow morning. Have a top day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three