Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show All Request Friday Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I'm confused. I thought this time of the year was we're starting to get into summer weather. I had to find a jumper last night, and I thought I'd kissed goodbye to all the Pomme jumpers in my life at this time of the year. And I'm reading about snow in Falls Creek, the wind, the rain last night it was almost biblical. Let me tell you now, Pats, you're gonna have to update the news. I counted three WHEELI bins have been blown over in the Bayside area.
Speaker 3: And I know it's a national.
Speaker 2: State alone, the state of Bayside, which are.
Speaker 4: Our government is going to change the wind. It gets my vote, So.
Speaker 2: Why is it like this? And then Sunday I'm putting on slip stop. You know what about gating but sunburn and then yesterday and about being blown away. I'm like Dorothy Kansas.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Melbourne where you get four seasons in one day.
Speaker 2: Finally different. It got so cold yesterday. Yes today, I'm in a jump. I thought would just be T shirts from now on. I don't know what. I'm confused now. What's happening at the weekend for one last dream?
Speaker 3: Pats twenty partly cloudy in twenty only a twenty percent chance of rain, so I don't think it will rain at all out where it'll be.
Speaker 2: Part Oh that's great. It's it's a dry for the band and everyone that all the fifteen thousand of people are going along to it.
Speaker 4: Twenty is more chance of you winning Brian Adams to.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 2: A bad foot jack post hash tag Ernie Burn. How are you feeling today then? About the Brian Adams G I.
Speaker 3: Don't know today.
Speaker 2: Come on, this isn't you what's been great about this week? This is how at this point the show, despite the losses you've been racking up, it's the amazing delusion you've still got. I don't know who you are without the delusion, Pats. I don't like an undeluded Pats. It's not nice, so it doesn't feel right. Hey, listen, thank you very much for bringing in a jar of bile.
Speaker 3: Nana Beev's relish. Mum's made some relish.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this? I've got a chart. You know. I came in today and I thought, oh, listen that that that listener were the first week of the show when the police were called here because someone from Mick from HR there was a smelly package that was sent to me. And he didn't think, I wonder what it could be. He went straight away human poop. Like you know, we've all heard the first couple of shows, so it makes sense that someoneould hear that. Get a cardboard box, take a dump in it and go what's it? I'm going to go online, what's their address? I let that guy I know what I think about his new show. I don't know what if he sees this today, he's going to call out some specialists. What's it made of other than bile zucchini?
Speaker 3: It's zucchini relish and it's nice and a cheese platter.
Speaker 2: I bet it's actually really nice. Thank you very much, Jack, not just that you haven't enough, well you did, everyone's got one apart from you.
Speaker 3: There's a hyar you needed to respond to.
Speaker 2: My little miss is Phats is running some sort of farmers market amongst the team today on the show all Right, this morning show. It is one hundred and twelve shows for us today. Happy Friday everyone, It's all Requests Friday, you and control the newsic between now and ten o'clock. We kick off this morning with this one brilliant song.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Beneckut Ladies one week. First song for us this morning on all Requests Friday, and that is a belter. I love that song. That's a great song requested by Sam in Geelong, Christian. Nothing says Friday like the lyrics chickeny China, the Chinese Chicken. Sam in Geelong, You're quite right, that's a great song. If you've got anything you love us to play this morning, let us know nine four one don't even know what number that is. It's a Chinese takeaway. Just enough on and there, pick up and get you some faue nine four one four one four three for your request this morning. Awesome today's show. Then it is the fifth go at Win Pats's Brian Adams tickets brand new game today. So for three we just did an easy one we thought for Pats the so called superfan of Brian Adams, which was real and made up. Brian Adams lyrics, lyon or Brian Adams. Jack, remind me how did she get on? Because I imagine right now there might be a person who's just tuned in for the first time wants to know how the Brian Adams games have gone so far.
Speaker 6: At the end of three days of that game, she was one correct ante from seven.
Speaker 3: She's the cat's mother.
Speaker 2: No idea? What no idea? What that means? Have you been knocking about that as a key relationship? And then yesterday she said, do you know we do a game once a week called Facebook Marketplace. The price is right, well, we just get all the tat that's being sold in Australian on Facebook Marketplace. I read out the descriptions, which are often amazing, and Jack and Pats take each other on trying to guess how much it is Pats owns this game. Yep, because she knows about tat. You know, she's that kind of person. Hop shot Pats, you know, or a lot of ladies bless her or you know. And she screwed that one up as well. Yesterday what did you get on that one? We walked away with the duck. So today perhaps we've got a brand new quiz.
Speaker 3: Got to do not jump from a building or not any.
Speaker 2: Think it's all seven thirty this morning's.
Speaker 4: Adam, we should have done that.
Speaker 2: Skydiving is Monday, isn't it? Skydiving is Monday?
Speaker 3: Tickets at the time. Please record your message.
Speaker 7: Hi, this is David from Bowater. Could you please play with Romantics? What do I like about you? And I'm certainly loving the Christian O'Connor Betor show on Gold with one O four point three.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Men's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That is another brilliant song. What a great Friday song that is from Romantics. Thank you very much David in Bayswater for your requests on a request Friday, Christian O'Connor back for the show go on one I four point three for South Yarra BMW just coming up for fifteen minutes past six. I need to advise some you guys here. I'm having to become a barbecue master now I'm in this country and one of the things I've got to work out this weekend is what is the best way and also for me, easiest way and quickest way to clean a barbecue and I got one of these places who're renting. It's got an amazing outside barbecue. It's incredible, right, it's one of those stainless steel big jobbies. Right, got the old gas canister. Now, I don't know can I jet wash that? Or is that going to damage?
Speaker 5: Thieves?
Speaker 2: And just blast and ruin it?
Speaker 3: You need white vinegar. I told you white vinegar and news.
Speaker 2: What's that with you today? Crazy?
Speaker 3: No, I'm nervous about this. I'm nervous about not getting your tickets. I'm falling to pieces. No, white vinegar and newspaper.
Speaker 2: Oh what do I do with both of those? Read the newspaper and shut So.
Speaker 3: You've cooked you your spread, and while the hot plates still really hot, pour the vinegar on top. We do this every time. Bunch up the newspaper, wipe it. Guaranteed it will.
Speaker 2: Be Won't the ink come off?
Speaker 3: No? No, it's too hot.
Speaker 2: That something my bible because you smeared of like photos on the newspaper and stuff like that barbecue.
Speaker 3: No, because it's so hot.
Speaker 2: It's Yeah, but what do I do now? It's not been used for you know, a week or two. How do I clean it now?
Speaker 3: Well, you need to fire it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the yeah right, so fire it up and then chuck vinegar on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just pour some white vinegar. Just get the home brand, don't spend a lot, and just get the newspaper. I'll get you some newspaper out of the newsroom.
Speaker 6: But I will say put a time around, because it takes fifteen minutes or so for it to warm up for heat.
Speaker 4: I forgot about it.
Speaker 3: It's got to be smoking.
Speaker 2: What do you mean.
Speaker 4: I like turn it on to like heat it up, and then an hour later it's like, oh, yeah, we were going to have a barbecue.
Speaker 3: House was on fire.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, what hope? Hey listen, we're not telling Pats until seven thirty this morning, and when you'll find out as well. But it is going to be a quiz. Might be something to do with bright as. We're not sure yet. However, what we need to work out right now, Jack is and I didn't want to do this all fair because you need to hear it when we're in play here live on air. We need to work out what's sixty second countdown? We luck and we're not going to give you any details about what we're going to need to sixty second countdown four pats okay, but I've got three.
Speaker 6: Options from the roof to the ground sixty seconds.
Speaker 2: You can never drop the quickest. Yeah, this is a I like that strong contender.
Speaker 4: This is b.
Speaker 2: Don't go. This one is see oh.
Speaker 4: Yep to you much alien effects in the background.
Speaker 2: Pat, Which one makes you more nervous? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This one.
Speaker 2: A't seven third This morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Steve for John Cougar men and Camp and R O c K in the USA. Thank god I did actually ask you about how to clean a barbecue correctly. I was simply going to get that jet washer out tomorrow and blast it to hell, thinking it would just get off the fat and grease and it would look beautiful. So do you reckon? I would have actually just broken it?
Speaker 6: Well, I guess you. Yeah, where's it? Get all the water going to go down into the system.
Speaker 2: The fire it up and get that good old heat. Try. I hadn't really thought this through. Thank god I have ourked smarter brains this morning, how to correctly clean a barbecue. Glenn's on the line. Good morning Glenn, Good morning Christian. So Glen, what's the best way to clean a barberue correctly?
Speaker 8: While it's still hot? Detergent water and a stone is steel scarer. Yeah, so while it's while it's still hot, deturgent water on it, scrub it down, get a clean cloth, wipe it down, steel comes off. I do this twice a week for the councils.
Speaker 4: Are you do the ones at the parks and stuff?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Ah right, I thought from moment there I could ring bayside counsel and request someone what department do I speak to have a man come around and clean my barbecue. I'm an English and gentlemen and I will not clean my own barbecue.
Speaker 8: Round in Australia, we all clean our own barbicue.
Speaker 2: Alright, So I need to get a scour this weekend.
Speaker 8: Glen, A stain us steel scour.
Speaker 2: Stainless steel scare, got it, buddy, Okay, thank you very much, Glen. No take care ma uh con yes, good morning, yes, and then everyone says good morning back to you, con Com. What's your advice then for me this morning?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 10: So when you do get a clean to never have to clean it again, you can get this barbecue Matt that you lay over the top of the hot plate and you just rinse that off.
Speaker 9: When you're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're brilliant. You whack them in the dishwasher to clean them.
Speaker 9: Actually, absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 2: This is a great idea anything. Yeah, I never looked back, change your life.
Speaker 9: Right, absolutely, I would have to worry about being your hands dirty.
Speaker 11: Anything fantastic.
Speaker 2: And where would I get this sacred map from? Where did we get Where'd you get Bunnings or.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, Bunnings that have it for sure. I'm pretty sure all supermarkets have it. And you I believe you can get two in a pack.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. Did you know about the main out of come.
Speaker 9: Not too short to you.
Speaker 3: It's like a plastic it's like a heat plastic on the barbecue. No, they're brilliant.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's heat resistant and they're reusable. You watch them and when when eventually breaks down from cutting or whatever, just use the new one. You won't ever look back, never have to clean a barbecue again.
Speaker 2: I tell you. I hope the marketing people listening right now there to contact you to do like the advert for it where those TV advertorials, you will never look back with them. You'll shining barbecue mats.
Speaker 4: Absolutely all right, buddy, thanks your.
Speaker 2: Advice, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 11: Thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 2: And that ends this week's barbecue Chat.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three that's dream.
Speaker 2: Things can only get better for Loaurette in Cranbourne, brilliant song so far this on. Thank you very much for the brilliant request we got so far. So something happened to Jack yesterday? This has been happening throughout my whole married life. I find it constantly strange, but my wife loves it.
Speaker 6: The level of excitement your partner gets when they find a pimple on your beck.
Speaker 3: Uhh yeah, I love a pimple pop up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is this? And you can divide the sex is on this one. I know it's terrible to make generalizations, but if my wife had a spot anywhere near I'd say, oh, you need to deal with that, you know, put some conceder on whatever you want to deal with it. But I'm not going to start lunging in, you know, with thumbs and trying to you know, get in there and do some micro surgery. But my wife was cohuman bubble wrap. She actually goes, oh, Chris, she got great when he back there, hang on it, let me let me oh please, she goes, please, let me squeeze. And it's like, ah, well, I had.
Speaker 6: Had a whopper last night, and look on Bianca's face was where was it in early Christmas?
Speaker 4: I've got I'll show you the band aid because.
Speaker 2: I don't need band aid for a squeeze spot.
Speaker 4: That it was still oozing after the operation.
Speaker 2: Come on, you don't need band aid for a squeeze spot. What's up with you? I know you're a fragile man, okay, but you don't need a plaster because of a squeeze.
Speaker 6: Well, because she got so excited about it, and then she performed the bubble wrap maneuver. And then it was straight to bed after that, and I didn't want to.
Speaker 2: That sounds that sounds a bit exciting. Were just fed into bed. It was all so exciting. Whose was everywhere. It's like a gunshot wound in my back and she just couldn't resist a wounded.
Speaker 6: Jack the path. Where does the excitement come from?
Speaker 12: What you said?
Speaker 3: I know, I don't understand it. All My sister in laws are the same and I've even been known to if I was seen a spot on Chris's back, I'll say just leave that a few days and that'll be perfect.
Speaker 2: Take back this zucchini reddish. I'm worried. Now I know what's in it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three. The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melvin's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, All Request Friday, Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 13: Three at the time, please record your message.
Speaker 9: Hey, it's bakers here for murder.
Speaker 4: My Friday request is Dondre with Living on.
Speaker 2: A Prayer Bells in Marunda. Want to hear that Living on a Prayer? Bon Jovi on God one oh four point three. Come on, it's a Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, All Requests Friday. This radio station the only ready station with this golden ticket. And if you win the Brian Adams tickets off pats of seven thirty, No, I need to get those tickets. You go forward into the drawider car try and win the golden ticket. This ticket gets here all the big shows next year. Brian Adams Field Colin's a tennis Eagles, Melbourne Cup, Carnival, Brian Ferry, Red Hot, Summer Talk, Kylie, the Grand Prix loads more. All you gotta is keep listening after us between ten and five to the Golden Song every single hour. It's as easy that just keep listening to the station. Listen out for the Golden Song starts again ten am with Huggie. Yesterday I was in an uber actually, and this is the second time this week the guy actually asked about the Golden Ticket. He also told we get this by the way. Saturday night, he was propositioned by young lady who asked if he wanted to come in because she has a thing about Uber drivers.
Speaker 4: I have not heard of that type of British no.
Speaker 2: And it's a big world these days. There's all kinds of things and that the people can get their rocks off too. But that is a one I wasn't aware of that ladies, and maybe they are men as well that have things for Uber drivers.
Speaker 6: Let's secure the domain name uber drivers dot com website.
Speaker 2: Your shag is seven minutes away. It's just doing a nine point turn. I yesterday I saw my first deadly, venomous, deadly, venomous, deadly spider. Everyone's warn me, I've heard the whole stories, and I've gotta be honest. Right, my whole life flashed before me. I thought, I don't know if I'm going to win that golden.
Speaker 4: Which type of deadly are we talking?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I've not seen a spider like this. Okay, I ne forget in England or we got is like crane flies and daddy long legs. Yep. The worst thing that's going to do is knock into you, and its head and legs are going to fall off. Okay, it's no biggie all right here. I mean, how big is the list about deadly spiders? One hundred? What is it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I know red and white are the two.
Speaker 2: Something called a white tip white tail, and I can never white tail. I thought it was a white tip.
Speaker 4: Why tell spider Rul.
Speaker 2: What about the old red belly read back.
Speaker 4: Red back, don't flop over his belly?
Speaker 3: You're thinking red belly snake?
Speaker 2: Yeah him as well? What if he's what if he's working as a team, the spy snake they've got together to come and get them have a flashing each other this thing. Imagine this if I was going to describe the spider now horrible pincer like laser eyes, legs, and then some kind of bulbous thing in the middle like a cream egg. What is that?
Speaker 4: I guess it's a huntsman.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, was it fairy or Telly were was right? This was what makes this story even in more embarrassing. I'm in the changing rooms at the boxing gym. I'm lacing up my boxing boots. I've got my hand wraps. And suddenly, as I'm bending over doing up, you know those beautiful boxing boots I've got, I come face to face with a spider. I don't know, he's only a matter of feet away, and I literally freeze. And then and then it's between me and the door to get out of this changing room in right and and I actually thought I stop breathing. I was starting to get really panicky, like I just thinking, this is how people die here.
Speaker 6: And you know, at that moment, the only thing that you have to do is knock him out.
Speaker 2: One punch, one spider is what you've been training seven Cigar movie a spider. So anyway, it suddenly takes a dart off to left eye. Using these beautiful boxing books I've got dance around him. I actually go out there and go like this, the spider in there, right, and these hardened boxing people look around. I went, there's this there's a spider in there. Can someone go and have a look please? This guy has to get off his head guard when of the trainers in there, and it's a lot of really so I don't I don't know what kind of spider is, but it's it's I think it's one of those deadly ones. No, it wasn't that.
Speaker 4: Just showing Christian picture out So it's not a huntsmand. No, maybe it is deadly. Then I think.
Speaker 2: Brown and like an egg on its back and like a command sense.
Speaker 3: Babies what they'd be babies on its back, laying baby.
Speaker 4: I mean your new shoes.
Speaker 3: I'd shake your boots before you put them on.
Speaker 2: Christian to what can a spider would that be? Are they all deadly? There's no friendly ones here?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I've honestly seen that the bubbles type you're talking about, I've seen that before and never identified it.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's deadly?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's best to assume, yes.
Speaker 2: And what is the best thing to do? We on them? What do you do? I do.
Speaker 4: I guess stamp on it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, let it go, capture it in a jar.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've always got those when I go boxing, and I've got my gloves, gum shield, hand wraps, empty jars for capturing spiders, some kind of natchals. They've got a net as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Carla in mentone. Great, so I'm blaming on the movie. It's the Jackson's on All Request Friday, God one oh four point three. Come on, it's to Christian and Connor breakforst show. Guys. I'm lucky to be sat here talking to you today. I can face the with death. Yesterday we've turned up the spider. We found out what's a funnel web tarantula hybrid? First one in this country. I've survived it. My story will be in the Herald Sun this weekend. Exclusive. All right on today's show then half an hour's time. Pats knows nothing about this last chance. It is redemption Friday for you, Pats, with these Brian Adams to take four goes to hang onto your own tickets for losses.
Speaker 4: You've already promised your daughter that you'll go to the concert.
Speaker 2: So far it's not looking good. So you've got the tickets right now. They're yours to lose now this game. You might be aware that yesterday we had our show meeting and you weren't.
Speaker 3: Allowed to come in for the first which is nothing new.
Speaker 2: What I'm going to say right now is Shenanigans are coming. I'm so excited you're going to for this quiz. You're going to have to hand something over too much, too much, it's zipped okay right now? Though, I think in life there are certain kinds of people, you know, people that are into vouchers and coupons. Are we need to go back in time now for this story from young Jack Post.
Speaker 6: I told this story on the Hamish and Andy Show podcast this week.
Speaker 4: You can get it on iTunes.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable like that needs a plug. It's only a eighty seven billion downloads. I hope whenever you get to speak on that podcast you go. I'll probably do this story on the Christian Ecconna Reforce Show. God one oh four point three back tomorrow six and don't forget you can win the golden ticket that one ticket gets you and to all the big tickets in towns. Listen out for the Golden Song. Anyway, Ham and Ando. Let me tell you this story.
Speaker 5: Cheek of it.
Speaker 6: As we come into Christmas and we're doing the Twelve Days of Christmas giveaway again this morning, I'm always reminded of the worst ever present I've given. I was a fifteen year old boy and had my first part time job, which was umpiring junior footy, had my first pay.
Speaker 2: Hang on a minute, someone gave you a job piring junior football. We'll come to that another show we can. We can call that phone in jobs you should never have got, because I've had a couple of those as well that I was ill equipped for. Some of you might even think of is this one? But let's just part that, right, Okay.
Speaker 6: So it's your first proper sort of job, first time I'm making money. Yeah, I thought this is a great opportunity for me to go out and buy my family gifts the first time.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 6: Take the train into the city by my dad, a CD, my brother, A PlayStation magazine.
Speaker 2: That's nice. I thought it was a PlayStation game. Yea far better. Just photos of them, photos of the thing that you're into, and long bow and articles you're never going to read.
Speaker 6: Well, that's not the bad present. I started to panic and don't know what to get my mum. The stores start closing and I have to get on the train home with nothing, and getting off of the station there is a row of small strip of shops that I can go to. I go up to the Baker's Delight and I say, do you guys do gift vouchers?
Speaker 4: They say no, not surprisingly, but he said you can.
Speaker 6: I guess we can give you ten of these two dollars off coupons.
Speaker 2: That we give out. They must have been looking at each other, right, I'll get the food. There's a manager going, oh, you can't do that, and the guy going, here, we can, we can, Oh we've got we don't do them. Oh, but we do do some very special thing we can wrap up for you. So I kept them. They bought them, and so tencher your mom. They can't. They gave birth to you. Thank you, mom. This is the first gift I've ever paid for for you. It's it's not it's not anything to actually open. It's is he still reading that magazine? I've got great gifts. It's it's a two dollars off voucher.
Speaker 4: It's ten of them, and you couldn't use them together. So she wasn't allowed to go and buy all the.
Speaker 6: Bread for the week and go all right, here's half the coupons. She could every time she went she had to use two dollars up.
Speaker 2: Oh, she could go stand at the till with ten items and going into pay for that one. There's a coopon off for the toothpaste. Don't put the other one through. I need to get that one separately so I can get the cop get the coupon.
Speaker 6: The worst part about it is it wasn't until the morning that I realized it was the worst ever present. I right normally wrapped it, and then I looked at my mum's face as she's unwrapping it, and she's not as excited.
Speaker 2: Even an emoji for being underwhelming or confused, surprise, disappointed. What is the emoji that even shows us that that's stunning?
Speaker 6: But every now, every Christmas, I still to come up Baker's Tolight bouchers.
Speaker 3: You've got a bit of form on this though, Jack. What came this week that you thought you might regift to be anchor for Christmas?
Speaker 2: Thing? That we got sent from Amazon. Yeah, not that little Alexa thing. He goes, I.
Speaker 3: Won't use this, and I said you will in your new house. He said, oh no, I'll give it to b Anchor for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh no, that's terrible. Not stuff you've been sent to the radio show. Come on, that is so cheap. No, all right, caught us in this morning. Have you done a Jack? What is the worst Christmas present you've ever got? Somebody one four three at the time, please record your message.
Speaker 8: It's Christos from Mornington here would love hur Lewis and the news hip to be Square always put a mass smile on my face.
Speaker 7: What more can you ask for?
Speaker 14: On a Friday?
Speaker 7: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Quite a great song from Huey Lewis and the news Hip to be Scare's a request of nor Request Friday on Gold one four point three on the Christian O'Connor breaforce show by the mysteriously named Christos in Mornington love the song Tasty back to the eighties, a very very good song. So Jack just told us an amazing story that was kind enough to do. First of all, on the Hamish and Andy podcast and internet show, I hope you're not saving your best stuff for them. What you're coming here in here is the off cuts.
Speaker 4: Muzzled to the surface naturally. Oh yeah, yeah, sure, and I remember that.
Speaker 6: Hey, I also tell my other friends Patting Chris Christian.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not you. I've always relied on you to call me by my proper name. Come on now, So this is the last hope. All right. So we're looking about we're talking about the worst Christmas present you've got. If you just tuned in, Jack actually got for his mum. So it's the first time you started down a little bit of money as a part time job as an umpire and you got So I just got this right. You've got ten two dollars off vouchers.
Speaker 6: From Bunnings because they didn't do gift vouchers, which is what I thought mom might like for Christmas.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're talking about the worst Christmas gift you've ever got. Somebody, Sophie, who works way hard on the show, runs all on social media, Sophie, what is it you got? Was it your mum?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mum. I was about seven or eight years old and I thought to myself, what does my mum really like to do?
Speaker 4: And she really likes cleaning.
Speaker 3: She does it all the time. So I got her book on how to remove difficult stains.
Speaker 2: How is that? If my daughter's got that, my wife, now they'd have a lecture, you know. So that's great. All right, let's go to the lines. We've got Fee on the line. Good morning, Fee, Hi, how are you? I'm good? Hope you work it? You had a good week. That's the cool on the show. It's not what.
Speaker 13: I gave somebody, It's what I was given. My grandmother registed something that I go to her when I was five years old.
Speaker 2: And to say, where are you calling from? What is the cacophony of sound? Are you in a symphony hall?
Speaker 13: No, I'm in a kitchen.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I thought? It was like someone banging a bacon tray over there?
Speaker 13: Read yeah, yeah, sorry?
Speaker 2: So is it a busy kitchen getting ready for a restaurant?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 13: Just daily cafe?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Okay, who's out in the background making all that noise?
Speaker 9: Are the baker?
Speaker 2: Well tell the baker just to just to put down the rolls at the moment your life on the radio?
Speaker 4: Okay, interesting, you work in the back that you did give.
Speaker 2: We do I can give them one the Homy Andy Show. All right then, Peig, sorry, carry on with the story, mate.
Speaker 13: Oh sir, I'm just saying I made something for my grandmother when I was five, and she regifted it to me three years later.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Oh wow, that's amazing. What was it? What was it?
Speaker 13: It was just a little basket of lemon soap?
Speaker 2: Hang on, she didn't get the basket she regifted or was the soap stood in it?
Speaker 13: Yeah, the whole thing. It was tiny basket could fit in your parmouthy hand.
Speaker 2: Yes, amazing, that's incredible. Oh blessed, that's brilliant. Phee. That's a great story. Thank you very much, a day, have a lovely weekend, mate. All right, let's go to Jeanette. Oh no, we're not going to Jeanette. She's one of those okay, nine four one one four three should have said that, naughty.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: One of you should request this every single Friday. Let's make it off Friday, Anthum, Powderfinger. My habit is Sarah and Werriby on all request Friday on Gold one four point three. It is time for us to reveal the last and final Brian Adams game to win Pats's Brian Adams tickets. You ready, Pats?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: I wasn't sure if you're over there anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm going within serenity.
Speaker 2: Cool? Okay, Well, what have you done over the last four shows to the opposite of that? And let's see how what happens to you next half an hour? All right? Pat?
Speaker 3: So right?
Speaker 2: For three shows this week we played You're the brand Adams super fan. On the show we played line or Brian Adams Real and made up lyrics Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Just so I've remembered, Jack, How did that play out? Again?
Speaker 4: One out of nine? One out of seven, sorry.
Speaker 2: One out of seven. Yesterday we did a brand new game built entirely around your game. Every week you smash Facebook Marketplace the price is right or Brian Adams Memorabilia.
Speaker 4: Two questions wrong total one out of nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I thought the fairest, seriously, the fairest way we can do this now to give you the best chance of winning the tickets. It's just a simple one.
Speaker 3: Give them to me.
Speaker 2: I can't do it like that, okay. So scary as well? Was a request, was it? It was a threat with a curled fist.
Speaker 4: What a lame game to play on the radio as well. At seven thirty, we're just going to hand over pat you can't win them.
Speaker 2: Here's what we're going to do, Pats. You're just going to have sixty seconds on Brian Adams. They're just questions about Brian Adams, all right, They're not ridiculously difficult. They're just about Brian Adams, right, sixty seconds and we're going to look for a super fan right now to take you on.
Speaker 3: Oh you sid, we we're doing.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah, we are. Wait, it gets better. They're going to go first, and you're going to know what the questions are, okay, or how many they got right. We're going to take your phone off you. We're going to put you in a soundproof booth so you don't hear when we play with them in five minutes time booth both yes, all right. So we're looking for a Brian Adams super fan to call in now to play. So if you just want to win the tickets, we're not going to select you. Okay, We've got lots of stuff you'd win on today's show. Got a great bit of tickets for the Angels show as well. However, these Brian Adams tickets to make this work. We're looking for a super fan. So if you're a fan of Brian Adams, calling now, what are you doing in there? Fine?
Speaker 3: Spain saved, it's Magoo. He's taking my phone. He's wrapped it in plastic.
Speaker 2: Great, okay, go on, all right, say goodbye to the phone. All right, calling now, then we're looking for Brian Adams super fan to take on the so called super fan.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Okay, Patrina Jones, you now need to be escorted. Our producer Brad is coming to Magoo, the world's orders producer, now going to scort you from the news booth to the soundproof booth because we have our contestant and we're playing next. We have your phone as well. We're just logging onto it right now. I'm pretty sure we can guess your pink too. All right, Pats, good luck. You will play in fifteen minutes time A speature them.
Speaker 4: I just sorry, I walk out the book.
Speaker 2: Wait, just take a moment to enjoy that.
Speaker 1: Oh man, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All Request Friday God won a four point three twenty two eight. It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show. Glen in North got wan to hear that brilliant song, Fancy and pressure down. This is amazing. So Patsy now is in a soundproof booth. She can't hear a word we're saying. This is amazing the power of this. You can't hear a word? Do you don't know what we're saying? I could mention here, but the thing I told you about this week that I found out about pats that she doesn't know that we know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, let's speak about it now.
Speaker 2: If Chris tells, yeah, oh yeah, we can. This is too good. This is the thing I found out. It is so big. I actually had to say to Jack afterwards, I don't eve want to think about it anymore. It's going to strike me. We've got enough of this ship. We've picked this up in twenty nineteen. It is immense, immense. She can do something I can't even I don't even understand how she got to be that good at it. But anyway, I've said too much already. All right, So he's in a sound proof booth. And this is why it's the final chance for I had to hang on to these Brian Adams tickets and it's she's got sixty seconds. She'd be doing it in ten minutes time on simply Brian Adams questions. They're not deliberately mean or anything. They're just Brian Adams questions. However, right now we've got Glenn on the line. He's gonna do it first of all, so perhaps won't hear the questions, but they're both gonna get the same questions.
Speaker 15: It's time to play the ultimates Brian Adams super than quiz? Can you unleash patch by slight grip on these tickets?
Speaker 2: He all right, So they're both gonna get the same questions. Perhaps why perhaps he's in the soundproof booth? So up first is today's condestin before we meet him. That's here his fight intro and in the black corner with the Brian Adams concert record.
Speaker 15: Of four time seeing him, Glenn the pet slider from Bundura.
Speaker 16: Now so excited, I need to calm down.
Speaker 2: All right, Glenn, good morning, Wow, that's some intro.
Speaker 11: Let's hope I can live up to the height.
Speaker 2: Okay, Glenn, see you're big fan.
Speaker 1: Oh I love him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Great?
Speaker 2: Great? Okay have you heard how Pats He's got on this week? Mate?
Speaker 11: Okay, not flash, not flash.
Speaker 2: That's a great word of summing up. So I've gone out of Brian Adams questions. Okay, the moment I ask you the first one, that's when the sixty seconds countdown starts. If you don't get it, you just can just say pass and I'll move on to the next one. Okay, yep. If you want me to read it again, I'll do that as well.
Speaker 5: Now, worries, are you.
Speaker 2: Ready for sixty seconds? On the Brian Adams Superfan Quiz far Away? In what year was he born?
Speaker 11: He's fifty nine, so.
Speaker 2: Nine. Where in Canada was Brian Adams born? How much was his first label contract for Oh Bass? How many times has it been nominated for an Academy Award?
Speaker 11: Killing Me Award four?
Speaker 2: Which Bay? What start did he release When You're Gone with.
Speaker 11: Damn Melcy?
Speaker 2: What was the name of his first album.
Speaker 7: Records?
Speaker 2: In? What year was his first Australian tour? Eighty seven Crowd number nine and when You're Gone? Featured which spice girl, Oh Melcy, What is the name of his upcoming tour?
Speaker 12: It's a good question.
Speaker 2: Pass all right, So you've got three right, all right? And I know we don't know you how peraps he's gonna do with exactly the same questions, Glenn, Okay, three might be enough for you to get the tickets.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Did well, you did well. Okay, Glenn, you need to stay there. Okay. After these ads and song we'll bring on Pats. We'll see how she does with exactly the same questions. Don't forget everyone. She's in the soundproof booth. She can't hear the questions at Glenn's this done? Stay there, Glenn.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three every Friday on God one oh four point three. Toto Rasana. So there's Brian Adams. Tickets go on sell ten o'clock this morning, almost two hours time through ticket Tech for the show he's doing at the Rod Laver Arena here in Melbourne March twenty one, Thursday night next year. Make sure you're sharpish. It's bound to set out very very quickly. All right, it's time for this.
Speaker 15: It's time to play the ultimates Brian Adams super than quiz. Can you unleash patch by slight grip on these tickets?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 2: Just tune into the show. Last chance for Bats to hang on to her Brian Adams tickets four games, four losses. We've just asked super fan Glenn the questions. We're just going to ask Patsy sixty seconds exactly the same questions he got. Three. She's been in a soundproof booth. We've got a phone as well. I got hobble feeling. She's gonna she's gonna beat three.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 6: She's been terrible. You're going to think of how bad she's been all week. She doesn't know much about Brian Adams.
Speaker 2: She says she's a super fan. All right, then it's time to bring her in from the cold. Let's get her out from the soundproof booth. Unleash the bats ere bucking. Okay, so she's now walking from the soundproof booth. She's heading into her little news booth. While she does that, let's play her intro and in the.
Speaker 17: Gold Corner with a Brian Adams concert record of nine and Oh hailing from worby Victoria.
Speaker 2: The pest from the West.
Speaker 17: The Canadian rockers biggest storkun has the Avio to prove it in yourn solution on its skin with four straight losses.
Speaker 2: Three by total knockouts.
Speaker 17: Pads go whoa.
Speaker 2: The Welcome back to the show, back, Welcome back to the show. It is time for the big show. This is your chance. Okay, he's your guys, Brian Adams. How you feeling very nervous? Okay, well listen. All I will say is Glenn smashed it. I mean there are super fans and there are super fans. I mean the chances that when we asked for a super fan to calling and we've got that guy and what he.
Speaker 4: Did, he might as well be Brian Adams himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I will say, is you really really, really really really need to think hard and quickly? All right? Okay, so it's sixty seconds. I'm going to ask you the same questions and the same order that Glenn got pat as soon as I asked the first question. That's when we'll begin the sixty seconds. If you don't know it or you want me to repeat it, just say please repeat yep. And if you don't know the answer. Please, just they.
Speaker 3: Pass, I can pass, and you'll ask me again. If I've got time on the clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you ready? Yes, it's all on this four losses so far? Can this one be your first win? You ready?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 12: Yep?
Speaker 2: Is that comfortably?
Speaker 3: Bring it on?
Speaker 2: In? What year was he born?
Speaker 4: Who? It was late fifties?
Speaker 2: Was it fifty eight?
Speaker 3: Fifty nine? I think?
Speaker 2: Where in Canada was Brian Adams born Ontario? How much was his first label contract for?
Speaker 3: Probably not much. I'll say one hundred grand?
Speaker 2: How many times has it been nominated for an Academy Award?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: With which language? With which Baywash star? Did he release When You're Gone?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: Mel? What's she got something?
Speaker 2: Babo?
Speaker 3: Mel c Melby.
Speaker 2: What was the name of his first album?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't think it was reckless?
Speaker 2: In what year was his first Australian tour?
Speaker 3: Would have been like Addies thirty eight eighty.
Speaker 2: Seven, Cloud number nine and When You're Gone featured? Which spice Girl, Melsy.
Speaker 3: Or milk no Bait? Whatever? Yeah? What did I get?
Speaker 2: Which one do you want to go for? You name two different ones? Which one do you want to go for? I've started, so I finished which one do you want to go for? Which spice girl? Did you release cloud number nine? And when you're.
Speaker 3: Gone, I get how many did I get?
Speaker 4: You got three?
Speaker 2: I'll start bring Glen back? Oh done, Glenn, Christian, she got three?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know it's not good, well not not not the worst results.
Speaker 2: It's not the worst.
Speaker 3: Pats, what did glint three?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: Why now, I've gotta be honest. I just presumed you were going to lose. We don't have any plan for a tiebreak, Glenn.
Speaker 3: Looks like we're going to.
Speaker 2: Brian, we need to. We've done this fairly all week. We need to we need to come up with a tie break. I don't know what we're going to do right? Uh? This question? Which one? Question? Number ten?
Speaker 4: Brian the voice of a guy.
Speaker 2: I think she'll get number ten?
Speaker 3: What happens to level playing field?
Speaker 2: All right, guys, they're going to ask you a question. Let's have so we're going to do instant draw using your mouth the buzzer as a as a buzzer, just your name as your buzzer. Okay, so Glenn, if you know the answer, yell Glen, perhaps you know what to do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but can I say as something if they get it wrong, does the other person win because they're.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, I'm trying to think about which question she's going to screw up. Thanks, all right, Okay, now I'm going to get this. I think I think Glenn, you're going to get this. Fingers crossed, Patty, good luck.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: In what year did Brian Adams perform at the AFL Grand Final? Pats Gwen Patsy were first?
Speaker 3: It was twenty?
Speaker 2: Any answer right now, I'll throw over to Glenn twin stalling.
Speaker 3: Twenty Okay, Glenn, you wan playing?
Speaker 2: Youer, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: No oh, dear borl my thing and I can't hear you because.
Speaker 12: Well done, Glenn, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: That was now binding stuff. Guys, Glenn, you've got Patsy's last tickets. You're off to go and see Brian Adams going.
Speaker 3: I have to ask you you married?
Speaker 12: I am unfortunately I am unfortunately the dogs now, Glenn unfortunately for all right, Glenn, well played, Thank you very much, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: What website again?
Speaker 2: Ten am? Ten am? Those tickets go and sell for ticket through ticket take.
Speaker 4: Okay, zero from five. Perhaps I can't believe you.
Speaker 2: Didn't you notice that you were stalling on that one. You go berserk when listeners do that was two thousand and thanks for being a good sport, Patsy. But yeah, I'll let you know what the gigs like.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks boys.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Hoodoo Gurus Jack in Altna South. I loved that band for years, A fantastic band they were. I really want to go to that under the Southern Stars that they're doing, it'll be an amazing thing. All right, then, so let's talk about One Last Dream because it is now. We started a countdown eights ago and it is now this Sunday and Roll Radio christ.
Speaker 5: You know Connall's one.
Speaker 2: This is Bungalow you listen to right now the winners of One Last Dream? What are they the winners of? But it is kind of hopefully not one Last Dream, but it's the second chance of the dream. They had to be a band to live a life of a rock and roll band. A couple of weeks ago we started this on the show, we said are you up for reuniting your old bands? And almost one hundred bands step forward. The standard was huge, high really high as it would be in a big music city like this music capital of the world. We had no idea it was going to snowballn We get so many entries, very hard, win it down to three bands. We made a short list of six that you whittled down and the winning band is this not Bungalow, who are going to be brilliant this weekend? We got from the band. Now Dell's on the line. Good morning mate, how are you this morning?
Speaker 11: Good Christian? How are you well?
Speaker 2: I'm good. Listen so about me? How's the voice? How are the pipes? Are you ready for Sunday?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Look, it's they're holding up. They are holding up. I've been kind of just you know, just sparingly, kind of trying not to push too much, and just yeah, that's good. They're feeling they're feeling good.
Speaker 2: Actually, because I'm guessing, because this has come out of the blue, you've probably never sung as much since you were in the band in terms of the rehearsals that you've had to do now that you've won this exactly.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and the songs are really you're kind of really pushing it out there. It's not you know, they're not kind of like little easy ballads. They're kind of yeah, it's they were smashing it, so it's that's good. That's feeling good. And a couple of the boys are taken over sometimes in the rehearsal, like you know, jewels will seeing like you're seeing smile. He sang it last night and nailed it, just to rest my voice up.
Speaker 2: And but yeah, be careful with that, mate, We know that. You know what happens in bands, you know, just be careful. All right. You're not there with the big big Sunday yet, mate. Okay, look at Lindsay Buckingham. Okay, one minute you're in the band and that's it, you're out the door.
Speaker 11: Thanks, thanks for help. You piss off.
Speaker 2: And listen. I would say you need honey and lemon and hot water, mate, coat your throat the next couple of days, and some ginger in there as well.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's that'll, yep, gently either that or be be either one or work.
Speaker 2: In the same glass. Okay, okay, now listen, I'm desperate to know what but this weather we've got at the moment. I'm looking out the window here in Richmond, it's girl force wins and it's raining. How did your man get over yesterday. He's in the band, Jay, your guitarist, who is coming over from Hobart where he has a job as a baggage handler, and he didn't want to get on the plane, so he got the spirit of Tazzy over. How did he get on the ferry crossing? Was it rough?
Speaker 11: He said it was pretty It was pretty good actually, But that yeah, that is the most notorious stretch of water in the world. That's straight. I'm not kidding it, is it? Because it's so shallow?
Speaker 2: Is it? My wife wants to go on it, right, she thinks there'd be a nice journey. Now, I'm going to play this back to go No way, No, he's going to throw up in the toilet for the whole tree.
Speaker 11: No. No, he got here, but he didn't want to put his He's got very expensive guitar gear and he didn't want to put on the plane because he knows what happens that when gets thrown into the bottom of the plane.
Speaker 2: Wait, we see them lugging those cases. This is amazing, all right. So how are you feeling about Sunday? How are the feelings in the band? If you nailed down the set list, you happy with the order. When are you going to be doing smile baby? I want to hear smile? Where are you doing it in the set list up front at the end?
Speaker 11: Well, this is this is a problem, Christian. We've just we We've thought we'll do it last, you know, as the closer yep, just you know, so everyone's got something to wait for. And then we realized it's probably going to be a really sort of long stick with a hook on the end of it that's going to come and drag us off stage as soon as our twenty minutes is up.
Speaker 2: The Oscars are going to play out some orchestra music.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's going to be some little dude side of stage, you know, going on O here you are a kid off the stage.
Speaker 2: Now, sadly it will be like that yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So we're just we're working out. But we've we've got four slash five tracks and we do we do want to finish the spa.
Speaker 2: So I think, do you know what, I'll be there at the side of stage. I'm going to be bringing you on right. Anyone who goes near you, guys, I will rubbie tackle them, Okay, I will hold them to the ground. I'll pin them down until you finished the last note of smart. Okay, don't worry, no one's going to put you guys off stage. Are you sleeping? Are you nervous? Tell us how you're feeling, mate.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I am. I'm really like, I'm really excited about the gig. I'm sort of visualizing it and yeah, you know, we can't lie. We're nervous, you know. Yeah, we ared just a lot of anticipation. But it's good. You know, it's hard. You're kind of trying to enjoy it at the same time as being under a bit of you know, a wee bit of pressure and stress. So yeah, that's it's good though.
Speaker 2: It's good. Well, listen, it's completely sold out. Fifteen thousand people are going to be out there. Where we mantioned, you're opening up before Jimmy Barnes and the Angels. You guys are on stage. And if people are listening to this and they've already got tickets, gates open at ten thirty, we're going to be there. You guys are getting there early, getting there early. I urge everyone get there for ten thirty on the gates open support Bungalow. They're on a eleven thirty. They are going to be amazing. You're going to get such an amazing response, and you're bound to be nervous over the next forty eight hours. Mate, it's a big deal. And but I'm telling you now, you've got all the talent. You should have gone all the way when you get out there, you deserve to be on that stage. You just all need to look at yourself and a moment before you go on stage, take a moment to remind yourself of how much you used to just enjoy the joy you have playing in your band. Carry that on stage and you'll smash it exactly that.
Speaker 11: Thanks, thanks for getting Christian then yep, very very wise words. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Only once the show does that happen, Mate, it's done for today. The rest of it is just wind and bs. Okay, okay, I love it. Hey, listen, dal We'll let you go. You've got to rest the pipes, baby. I will see you Sunday. Can't wait to see you, guys. Look after yourself to the next couple of days. We're so proud of you. I'm so pleased it's you guys. You really really deserve it. And I know that everyone listening right now is wishing you, guys is the best. Please just enjoyed the moments you have on stage.
Speaker 11: We'll do Thanks again, Christian. We'll see you Sunday.
Speaker 2: All right, look forward to rest up here. We love you guys. We'll see your Sunday mate. Thanks please get there if you're going along, get there for ten thirty. They're coming on stage at eleven thirty. Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: handsOn Natalie in South Manton want to hear that? And I requests Friday on Gold one oh four point three. A couple of weeks ago we were on What Happened to Hanson and they're actually coming over here. They're doing the one of the Twilight sessions at the Zoo, aren't they? And you know they've got in the art meult really yeah and Handbrake Holland are head of music here right said it's really good now. I was like, okay, yeah, and I saw pop up and online so on Spotify's ye listen to it. It is really good. Honestly, there's some really great songs. I was stunned. I said, how can we those kids? You know? But the actually it's a generally really.
Speaker 4: Good proper adults.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what works.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I'm aware. You know, I'm a father to some kids. Why they keep getting another age? So there were ten and now it's and then twelve and then what what? What? How will this play out?
Speaker 6: Doesn't just keep going and going? I know, I'll listen to anyton. Thank you for the tip.
Speaker 2: That's all right, have a text on the listeners. Catching up what's been going on? Passes news today. She's talking about the family and she keeps saying that they self evacuated from the home. Does it mean or does it sound like they pooped their pants? From Sally.
Speaker 3: A bit like that it got out okay.
Speaker 2: And someone else saying they love the Brian Adams quiz. They try to get through and they just wanted to know when was Brian adams first Ossie tour? Perhaps when was it?
Speaker 3: Well, I thought it was late eighties, like eighty seven, eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, in nineteen eighty four. Chris wanted to know it was a bit earlier and a kind of bit of saying, look, we love that song Smile from the winning band Bungalow. When is it available for release. We are working on that. We will get right behind it. The plan is they're going to put that up first of all, the single Smile, and then they're going to put the album that they're recorded back in the day. But the technology it was recorded on back in the day, we're trying to find a studio that's got the equipment that it can kind of decoded. It was basically recording a very different time. Obviously, music challelogy has moved on so much since the nineties, and I think it was recorded on some kind of Betamax version of something.
Speaker 6: And you can't just send that to Apple iTunes today.
Speaker 2: This is Tim Cook there can he sort this out. So as soon as we know, we will let you know. But yes that the single Smile is going to be available, and really hope them by the end of next week, but we're no more, hopefully on Monday. But I appreciate all the support you've give them the guys. If you want to find out more about them and hear them and see them playing, head over to Facebook. Do you have a favor if you love live music and it done really well from a Melbourne band. They're on our Facebook page. The video of the playing last week OC one O four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Don't start fluid, Matt. That's for Sally in Lara. It's a favorite band. Thanks for playing some on a Friday to remind me that the weekend is near.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but look at that weekend out there?
Speaker 2: What is that going on? Do we need to build an arc that? It's terrifyed? Came a long way to get away from this. How can it be summer? Is it some of the first of December next week?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 2: Do you think I was putting suntown lotion on? And now Andy Wellington's and waders and gloshes and canal kayaks to get home? All right there? So we start this yesterday, twelve days of Christmas. We're into the last well now it's eleven shows left on the year. Thanks to Chapel Street, We've got twelve thousand dollars worth of gifts to give away thanks to Chapel Street. Yesterday it was a year's worth of burghers. Today it's a one thousand dollars gift card to the Awesome Palace Cinema. Of the como South Yarra Cocktails and Christmas shopping only on the iconic Chapel Street, south Erra, Windsor and prawn. All right, you ready to sing? Yes, so you know the classic on the twelfth day of Christmas, I'm asking Jack to do that as we go through all the prizes that we give away, because there are some huge prizes to give away, like I think some point next week you got one thousand dollars worth of vinyl for someone to win, which I'm hugely jens off. It's one thousand dollars worth of pizza as well thousand dollars worth of free bar tab amazing prices. You wanted to pre record all these eventsists that you do them live by the end of next week. You we begging to go back into pre recording and no way they're going to be live. It's going to get longer. You've had your protein bulls. Yes, let's not a phrase. By the way, it's not anything rude. All right, let's do it. It's Christen o'connells Tall Days of Christmas.
Speaker 6: On the second day of Christmas, Christian gave to you trips to the movies and free burgers for a whole year.
Speaker 2: But I mate, well done early days, but well done. All right? Then, So movies, I know someone on the show who has created a brand new movie. Quiz put it in a decade, baby, that's it. How does it work, mister Jack.
Speaker 6: I'll give you five movies from different genres. All you have to do is put them in a the correct decade that they were released. You get three out of five, you win the one thousand dollars movie voucher.
Speaker 2: All right, good luck, give us a corn out of play.
Speaker 1: Nine one four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Beauty Beautiful Day.
Speaker 2: I was the request when we had Sunshine Rain can be beautiful too. Ten to nine kimm Preston want to hear this is God? One I four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, all Request Friday. I'm just looking at all the other future prize that we've got for this twelve Days of Christmas. They're amazing prizes, but obviously we've got to come up with our I'm still struggling to think what we're going to do with one thousand dollars worth of dumplings. All right, let's play this week's today's it's kristin o'condles, twelve days of Christmas. All right, so this morning then for the twelve days of Christmas. Now into the eleven days of Christmas. Eleven shows left on the year internal over twelve thousand dollars worth of prizes thanks to Chapel Street. Today one thousand dollars gift card go to the cinema Palas Cinemas at the Como South Yarra. Then put in a decade. Maybe this morning we have Danielle in East Brighton. Hello, can you do me a favor? You have a look around there. It's just Chao wheedy bin hasn't blown over. I'm East bright in the mean streets of East Brighton, where else rough rough riders live in the bayside. It's a mean crew where we are, all right, Danielle. Good luck?
Speaker 6: Usually you and the dream of shopping at Chapel Street, but now it can go to Brighton as well.
Speaker 2: So rast Richards story for you from the mean streets of East Brion. Good luck, Danielle. What do you like on movies? I okay, all right, let's find out you know how this works? Yes, Okay. Then when you get your decade sixties, seventies eighty, you say eighties baby, eighties baby or seventies baby, you know whatever.
Speaker 4: Let's play the game, all right, Danielle. Five movies.
Speaker 6: You've got to get three out of five to win the prize. The first one is Predator.
Speaker 13: Predator or eighties Baby?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: Well done?
Speaker 4: Did start?
Speaker 2: Great movie?
Speaker 6: Casa Blanca, Fifties Baby nineteen forty.
Speaker 2: Two, nineteen forty two? I thought it was fifties? What happened in nineteen follow through all something? What's going on there, Danielle. Are you're okay?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, little sneeze or something.
Speaker 9: Well, I was.
Speaker 13: Editing myself.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, lovely, that's all right.
Speaker 4: You there have to get three out of five.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 6: Yes, you're on one from two okay, the original Shrek.
Speaker 2: Oh, trying to think my children were alive.
Speaker 13: So I'm going to say the Naughties Baby.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, John, You're great on this, Danielle. You got just one more to get and you won them.
Speaker 4: Oh Robin hood men in tights.
Speaker 13: Oh, I'm going to say the Naughties Baby.
Speaker 4: Nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yep, it's down for this, Come on, you can do it. Danielle thousand dollars gift cards to be one at Panacinema's Good Luck.
Speaker 4: In what decade was The Exorcist released?
Speaker 11: Oh seventies, Baby, you gotell?
Speaker 2: Maybe you're a hero. Well done, well done, great prize. Then you've got a thousand bucks worth a gift card. Go after Panasinas down there near Chapel Street.
Speaker 13: Well done, Oh fantastic, Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Condall Breakfast Show Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian Oho'connall Breakfast Show, All Request Friday, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, the weather's shabby this morning, but all your requests the music you've been picking for the last three hours has been spot on. Some brilliant, brilliant songs. Another great hour of power or pick by you Melbourne on All Request Friday on Gold one four point three. Also coming up this hour. Then we got the best of Jack Posts Did he really say that? And every single man who has been dragged round Ikia, We've got something for you coming up, dil the next half and now The.
Speaker 1: Christian Who Connall Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's a ton of the show. Now for us to hello, we've got one out the door. I mean we've got another forty five minutes. Why have you got your jacket over your shoulder? Man, you're getting ready to walk? Oh, can't wait for day two of the draw.
Speaker 6: Tommy Beranandas is in here filming, and sometimes I feel like he films the same thing every day.
Speaker 4: I'm just giving him something different.
Speaker 2: What with a You've got your jacket sort of casually draped over your shoulder like a French tourist, you know, if you're the Chonzols. Yeah, but in a radio studio, are you posing for a catalog shoot.
Speaker 4: Just to give a bit of variety on the clips?
Speaker 2: Because I mean a strange man who does that for no reason the middle of a show. We're on the radio.
Speaker 4: You want to put it down?
Speaker 2: No carry on like that like a human door rap souf a coat stands that what he's like?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Then it's time now for the best of Jack Post. Anybody say that how this works? As a sixteen year old boy, the Samsta listens to the podcast over in England and every time Jack says some classic wisdom. He makes a note of it, writes it down, send it to me early Friday morning in a top ten. Here it is at ten this week the best of did Jack post? Would you say that talking about the Simpson Simpsons? In my mind, it's not a cartoon, it's not an anime, it's real life.
Speaker 4: Honestly, don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Nine. Change your attitude. Every day you come in confident like a well beater, and you lose. You should have heeded those words. I didn't know we had to get ready for comedy. I still remember your gym. Get into the promos that day, I hope. So at seven is this for the car or for a bike rack at home? And I said, what for a bike rack? He actually asked me, is it for the car or for at home? I I'm building a bike rack and shelter that you'd have at school. At six, perhaps personal score for the week is one out of seven. Honestly, we could drag a non English speaking person in off the street. You fry, I've accidentally stolen gap filler. Not accidentally, I purposely got the gap filler. What a confession. You could throw up a little in your suit and nobody would know. I think you would if you were sick in your suit. At three, she was in there with her will. I think there's a picture of your wife Bianca and that miserable looking photo from Saturday night when he slept on the floor of your renovation. At two, Yes, I am a victim, but I was doing the thieving. And at number one. At number one, this week we spent our first night in there on a camping mattress that obviously didn't have any flaws. Well on sam Stonewell.
Speaker 1: Jack the Christian Old colnaw Breakfast Show Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: So this week poor Jack had to go and do something I fear being asked to do. I Kia, Do you like actually going there? Patch?
Speaker 3: No, because I get lost. I can never find a way out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not just that it just SAPs you that that lighting they've gotten there the moment I get zap by that. There's something about the atmosphere in there. You can never just go and get what you want. You've got to go through the maze to try and work your way out quickly. So you went with the intention of getting wardrobes. Is that what you're gonna say? It's a new character Jack's working called one word, Jack wardrobes.
Speaker 4: Sadly, I do have to return.
Speaker 6: We couldn't come to an agreement about the configuration of what's inside the wardrobe.
Speaker 2: How long were you in Okia?
Speaker 4: Two and a half hours?
Speaker 2: Came away with just some Christmas wrapping paper so they could get the parking validated. So as Jack was going round, he was leaving a commentary. This commentary, We've all been there. You start off like we're going to go in, we'll get it done and get out of there, and then you just lose your mind. Have listened to this. It's a story of everyone who's ever been round IQ.
Speaker 4: I tried to stay at Breakfast as long as I could, but the time has come and being sucked into the portext.
Speaker 5: That is I care.
Speaker 6: I think it's slow Walkers Day today, and I care, well not.
Speaker 2: Even past the first segment.
Speaker 6: I've asked if we can go directly to the wardrobe segment. But it turns out all the different rooms on display showed different wardrobes in different ways, so we get to experience all parts of I care. I tried to take a shortcut, and I think I'm.
Speaker 4: Back at the start. I've just asked where the toilet is.
Speaker 6: I thought I might go hide there for a little bit, but you have to walk through the whole amazing, go to the other side before you can use the toilet. Now I'm playing with a room simulator where you put your digital wardrobe in your digital room, and I'm trying to convince myself it's a video game.
Speaker 4: And then I'm having fun.
Speaker 6: I'm hiding on the lower bunk bed in one of the children's rooms.
Speaker 2: I think I can sleep here.
Speaker 4: I don't believe this.
Speaker 6: On the lower bunk bed, on the shelves they've got children's books, and even there in Swedish, I'm trying to read vas.
Speaker 14: Duntpajordin min Lil prinsdoor Infred Meek, bid for bid of minstraika at upda Undu, and this and this min lil prince ol upnessmll friend, I'll come to talk with you again.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That is it for us this week. Next week Monday morning, you can find out how Bungalow got on. We know how they're going to get on. They're going to absolutely smash it. If you go into one Electric Day. Gates open at ten thirty at at Whereby Mansions. They're on stage at eleven thirty. Please get there to support them. I really hope there's going to be a great crowd for them. It's gonna be it's gonna be dry.
Speaker 3: Yes, partly cloudy twenty so we want we.
Speaker 2: Just want it to be dry there for everyone. And it's got a great lineup. So if you are coming, get down there early eleven thirties when we bring them mom, you can find out how they sounded and how they did on Monday Show. Next week. On the show, we continue with twelve days at Christmas. Thanks to Chapel Street, one of you is going to be winning a pizza a week for a year. I think it's an amazing one. What about this a year supply of ice cream? It's all just one big pot, you know. I hope ladder to climb up in like a shovel to get bits out every day and a thousand dollar bar tab all up for grabs next week on the show, title of today's show, what do we think? Is it? Five straight losses?
Speaker 6: I think that sums up this week perfectly. Not it's just the show, but this whole week past.
Speaker 3: Everyone's a Winnerfast Show.
Speaker 2: Those tickets go on sound ten am ticket Tech if you want to go and see him, ready to go. All right, thank you very much for listening to show this week. Have a great weekend and we speak to you Monday. Oh I'm getting emotional because Hunky's coming up next. I just love it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three