Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Meldon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Gold, The rest of the world.
Speaker 1: What goes on in this hour stays in this hour. Even the boss doesn't listen. Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to the Christian O'Connell episode. You're right, Patsie is struding there during the news. You need to sorry. No, I'm going to say sorry because you know there's a lot on you. If if it happens to Jack or I, we could get off. Excuse listen the girl after water or something. You're you're doing the news, the sport. I'd always be worried about doing that. But if you've got a cough or a tickling your throat, do you need a code? Because I said to Jack to you need a gloss of water or something.
Speaker 4: I've got my coffee here. It just crept up, you know how, It just sort of just it's there and you can't do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Just to bounce during it. Sometimes not in the middle of a story, but get to it just goes. Excuse me, hock one up.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know about that takeaway coffee you have you buy it first at threm Or.
Speaker 1: It's mostly evaporated and returned to the atmosphere.
Speaker 4: Coffee by then.
Speaker 1: All right, So yesterday evening I got humiliated. I went to the driving range about half eight yesterday evening. I was really wound up. I'd quite a full on day. I thought, I'm going to go to the driver range where it shuts a half eight. I saw it at half nine, so it's flood lit in the evening again. There's hardly anyone there, but there's a next to me, right, and I'm still learning. I'm only I don't know less than number seven in this infuriating game of golf that I've decided to take up. And because I'm tense and peed off and I haven't calmed down.
Speaker 5: Wait, so when you're fight, you go somewhere that makes you frustate.
Speaker 1: I think it through. I think where you need to be calm and relaxed. I turned up irritated. It didn't go very well. I got more irritated. At one point I just literally walks out into the grass and smashed my club into the ground, as.
Speaker 4: If I was like, why lord, I don't want thet in that place.
Speaker 1: Did you see a man just losing his the will to live anyway. What was making me worse was there was a kid in the bay next to me Bane number twenty two. And when I say kid, I don't mean teenager, I mean ten eleven Max. There is a noise when a golf bill is hit correctly. You don't even need to look where it's going. You just hear it, and it sounds. It's effortless, there's a grace. It doesn't even sound like you're hitting a golf ball. It's like a ping pong ball. I hit seventy five balls yesterday. That happened twice out of seventy five balls. This kid, he's like just sort of mumbling to hisself as my dad no, and he's just every single time effortlessly. I'm mullering this ball and I'm looking at him like like he's a superhero. I can't work out how he's doing. And I don't getting more ioted that a ten or eleven year old can just do this. He's not even trying, he's not even concentrating, and I'm just crushed. I'm start to get a little bit more ioted, like okay, mate, we get it. You've done ten in a row now, so off home. It's bedtime, you know. I'm looking at his mom and dad like, shouldn't he be in bed doing a breakfast show them? And there were some of the men from the boys and I can't relate to that. I wasn't super talented as a kid at any What was your best skill as a kid? None? Nothing. That's why I've had to do this. I had to seek it out here years later. And what ap out that life gets it get a little bit fair as you get older. There was nothing I was very good at as a kid. A bart from making up stories in English, the rest of it. There was no success anywhere in my life.
Speaker 4: I bet you were always funny.
Speaker 1: I was one of the funny ones in the class. But there are about three or four other mates in my class who were just as fun is me. It's not like I realized at the age of twelve. My god, when I tell the time out loud, people listen, twelve minutes past eight? Who said that? Is that you again? O'Connell? Say it again?
Speaker 5: Is a child prodigy?
Speaker 1: Close your eyes? Classed? So Connor is going to us the time it's just coming up for tonight, sir, Oh, let's have a special assembly. Let's put them on our shoulders. There's boy genius. Were either of you two gifted as kids? Are anything? Na? I mean?
Speaker 5: I was okay at skateboarding. I was the best of my friends.
Speaker 1: Kickflip? Yeah that's enough. Yeah, what's a kick? Flip?
Speaker 5: The board turns over three sixty degrees on?
Speaker 1: Then you can Yeah, so you jump up and flip the board over and it would and then it would come like the toast but face up, and that's a technical serfcross borders toast cider. What about you, Patsy practice in the news in your bedroom.
Speaker 4: I used to be good at annoying my brothers. I think I'm wanting to go everywhere with them.
Speaker 1: Take me with you I this morning? Then call him? Were you gifted at at an early age? Were you a child prology? Maybe at sport or some other area? Because I envied kids like you. Were you great at sport or anything as a kid? Were you a child proligy or a child genius? Do you know what I got back? Or sorritated? I said, my wife went, how did he go? He' seeing more wound up than when you left? As it worked? Who was his kid? A kid smaller than our kids, a miniature person, not concentrating on getting spokes. He was daydreaming. He kept singing a some tumnus noise and he was hitting it perfectly every time. Whilst there's no hope for me. I actually almost quit last night. I actually almost pulled over at the Solar owners left the golf clubs and so someone I loard a hard rubbish out the whole bad There. I'm done with this thing. So were you gifted as a young kid? Nine four one four one four three nine four one four one oh four three. Good morning, coming up next to us to take you through what's happening on this morning show, very very special show. Two Chances Get your bills paid off as well in the last week of We Pay Your Bills.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I did when I came home as well, turning to one of those people obsessing now watching YouTube videos like you're going to earn the learn the subtleties of golf from YouTube videos. I've turned into one of those people. You've done that gone to YouTube to try and learn so in it's great isn't that I mean ground kids now that are trying to learn musical instruments or interest in becoming like a stand up comedian. You can just absorb all that hours and hours and hours of content that's there that we never had any of that. You know. They're just like rocket thrusters, aren't they. Young ages just absorb it all, you know. And I'm looking at some twelve minute video some guy in Arkansas. Ah, there, this is Clay. I got three hacks to you. It was like, kept blinking at the camera, Claar, I can s go three hacks you golf? And I'm literally sat there get it's caught to ten in the evening, always going when are you going to bed? You've got the show starts a couple of hours. I went, I just had this Clay in Arkansas trying to pass on his wisdom about what to do. I can't get my right hip into the takeaway. So yeah, I become obsessed with trying to learn golf, and I think is actually going to destroy me. I think it's not relaxing me in any way. I'm going to do this as a hobby.
Speaker 5: The only thing I remember from a golf lesson is there's too many things to think about, like tim position, fee position, shoulder position.
Speaker 1: Then there's the risks, then there's the grip, then there's a shoulder, then chin, kid, the head straight, look at the ball, don't look at look at the ball. And then they go this, just stop trying to hit the ball at the moment, right, What kind of advices do that?
Speaker 5: At home?
Speaker 1: So I was humiliated. Yes at the driving range nine o'clock in the even there was a kid ten or eleven tops who was just really really good and I only my only hope is that he was like a state champion. It's the future Tiger Woods. I met him yesterday, was really good, effortlessly just hitting the ball, making a sweet sound. It was graceful. Was everything I wasn't. And I've got to be honest, I feel a shame saying this. I hated him. I'm not proud of that. Okay, I'm not proud of that. I love my own kids, but this little kid was irritating me. And I think he was show bow and I think he knew that there was an older guy next to him was having a tough time, and I think he was in joining. I think he was whistling on purpose just to irritate me. Anyway, one of those morning were you gifted as a kid at? Anything? Andy? Good morning christ my favorite Bummy, Andy? What were you gifted at as a kid mate?
Speaker 6: I was a fantastic bowler in nineteen eighty two at Oakley Technical School. I got a hat trick.
Speaker 1: That's great? And what were you a spin bowler?
Speaker 6: Or I was straight down the middle? I'm at the middle tin. I caught the first two and the third one hit middle stump, so I was accurate.
Speaker 1: And what happened to this form? Did it? You know? Are you a professional now, sir? Can? I ask akage?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no no.
Speaker 6: That was just a plain old school boy. I got lucky enough to get picked to the team and they found.
Speaker 8: Out I could bowl.
Speaker 6: After after the third.
Speaker 1: Ball, the.
Speaker 6: You get presented with the trophy where if you get a hat trick At Oakley Technical School. The day I was going to get presented with it, some guys goes through my dessert boots in the into the big skip and I went into get and I went in to get out from this is just before assembly, and I felt hands in the back of my back pushing me into the bin, and I gave it the biggest elbow and blind elbow you'd ever seen in your life. And I and I copped him right square in the middle of the face. And it was the principal that was going to present me the trophy.
Speaker 5: Why was the principal pushing you in the bin?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or was he trying to get you out? What was going on there? Oakley Technical College?
Speaker 6: So teach me a lesson to not crowl in the bin?
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was in. What kind of lesson is that? Kid?
Speaker 6: Christ Prince Winston Churchill, by the way, says that golf is the best way to s stuff up a good walk in the park.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know why he's onto something? There is a very white man. Have a great day, guys, and he's off everyone. He's going to wrap it up now, no time for us. Give us a call. Then, you gifted at a young age at something nine four one oh.
Speaker 2: Four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: You're gonna play now something we do every week on the show. We give you a brand new one every Thursday morning. So it'll be another one tomorrow. At a am. It's called the Isolated Vocal, and we're just play an amazing vocal performance stripped away if any of the production or the music, and when you hear in its raw's form, it becomes even more powerful and no better example. We can never play you than anything by Freddie Mercury clearing up at the Oscars this week, and I think the main reason is is him what an amazing story and all that amazing music as well. Haven't listened to this? And then we played the original song. This is Freddie Mercury, star of the Isolated Vocal. Mother just killed them against his head, pulled my trigger.
Speaker 5: Now he's dead.
Speaker 4: Mama, life it just begun.
Speaker 2: But now I've gone and.
Speaker 1: Thrown it all.
Speaker 3: Mama didn't mean to make you cry.
Speaker 1: If I'm not back again.
Speaker 8: This time tomorrow, carry on, carry on.
Speaker 9: If nothing really.
Speaker 1: Mattered, so'd to be a brand new one tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three to matter, Bahamian Rapsdi the movie doing well at the Oscars. My sister, she's got four boys. She lives on a farm. Alright, go about three hundred cows they're married to a dairy farmer. And they all watched Bohemian Rhapsody, earned the four boys of the Weekend and their ages of age from sixteen right down to ten. Ten year old halfway through Goes and some of the language in Bohemian Rhapsody. It's a family, even though I think it's only a twelve. You know, it's not so super crude. However, the ten year old is halfway through goes after one scene, what does epic shag mean? Do you think? Because Mike Myers was in the movie, he had a word with the script writer away, could you just chuck in one of my old Austin Powers phrases? Just to keep him happy? Oh, it's time for this on this day, mystery, on this day, all right, this morning, then February the twenty seventh, twenty seventh. A lot of us will remember back in nineteen twenty two. We all know this day down way all right, you know you need me. I shouldn't even need to say it, but Martin came in, and of course Sam Rubin discovered carbon hyphen fourteen.
Speaker 5: Ah, that was hyph and fourteen.
Speaker 1: I always get to cif you where it's February the twenty first, or it's a twenty seventh, so all right, but today's one.
Speaker 5: Honestly, what is it? Do we need to know or not? What's carbon hyphen fourteen?
Speaker 1: Bloody? No I did it could be a jazz band for all I know. They discovered playing in a basement club somewhere doing swing jazz. So today's one Februar the twenty seventh. It comes from the world of TV. This is a strange one. I had to read it a couple of times when I found this yesterday, like they did that reckon the day they showed that all right back in the day on February the twenty seventh. What was televised for the first time? What was televised somewhere in the world for the very first time?
Speaker 4: Can we have it? Like a year?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 4: What year was it?
Speaker 1: Pick a year and go.
Speaker 4: For it random.
Speaker 1: Nine four one four one O four three. Give us a call with your guesses one O four three I'll take them there. Something on the stone history was televised for the very first time. What do you think it was? Nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 10: On this.
Speaker 1: Day, mystery on this day. Welcome to February the twenty seven, three hundred and three days left of the year. Almost smashtip andy, two days left of this month. I went two March. Today, February the twenty seventh. Something was televised for the very first time during the seventies. Who strange thing. I'll be honest, different time, but it made history. What do you think? It was televised for the very first time in nineteen seventy something. Gail, good morning, Good mornings.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good to hope you well this morning. A'ks to cool on the show.
Speaker 7: I call all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm a the stalker.
Speaker 3: But the question, the answer to the question is Abigail done full nudity on number ninety six, and.
Speaker 1: Showed the lot Abigail done full nudity. Isn't you remember it? Well? I did? Okay, No, that's not the right answer. It's not. No.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a shame.
Speaker 7: I thought I want something.
Speaker 1: No, no, we'll send you a mark.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, I'll be happy with that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thanks, I have a good day.
Speaker 11: Bye.
Speaker 1: I think that's scale that I see every night. Downe the butt of Mike card It. By the way, Rowan, good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you. I'm good mate. I hope you well this morning. Buddy. What do you think was televised for the first time during the seventies.
Speaker 11: I think it was the first on air QS.
Speaker 1: It's not the first on air kiss. It's not the first on air nudity. Not a very horny people calling in the show right now trying to get their kicks to us. Rowan, it's not the it's not the right answer. Okay, not a problem you ever. Thank you and you thank you very much, Rowan. The astron answer is I don't actually you want to over guess Jackie Ward?
Speaker 5: Well, these I wrote down you, I wrote down first Kissed, I wrote down.
Speaker 1: Aren't they on your list? Every single day? Top of the unity? First kiss?
Speaker 5: First live sport?
Speaker 1: What in nineteen seventy five? So how did anyone around the world work out the England won their only World Cup in nineteen sixties.
Speaker 5: It might have been delayed.
Speaker 1: We had a court remars sketch. It thought there was no sport until the seventies.
Speaker 5: It might have been delayed, sir, like that had to get like filmma on the trash or.
Speaker 1: Take photos, and that won those Flicker books sport.
Speaker 5: Well, you're not going to like my next guest, then I don't even want.
Speaker 1: To say please come on, come on.
Speaker 5: First animal on TV.
Speaker 1: Place he's had a guy the sixties, the fifties, no animals on TV. Study in nineteen seventy one animals, people go, what the hell is this? It was, as Jack says, have been more entertaining the answer I've got it was, actually, this is quite interesting. It was the first on NBC America nineteen seventy fivebru the twenty seventh, a doctor conducted on The Today Show the world's first ever Get this live kidney transplant.
Speaker 5: Don't get enough of those anymore?
Speaker 1: Don't you happened with that trend? Now we do, and now we've just progressed. If we ever it is progression or devolution, going evolution, going backwards too married at first sight, that's what we end up with now Now it was the world's first televised kidney transplant. Then there was a real shortage of kidney donors, and so they televised a kidney transplant on the Today Program and it worked. By the end of the show. An hour and a half later, over twenty thousand Americans had called to register to donate for anything happened to them their kidneys.
Speaker 5: And I assume it went well. It was a successful transplant. Maybe that's why they stopped doing it. He mucked it up.
Speaker 1: No, the guy went on to live for quite a long time. I think actually he only died a couple of years ago, because I remember reading about then that he took part. It was just a I thought it was quite an incredible thing to show on TV, an actual live operation. Have you ever been invited into a surgery to watch an operation? No?
Speaker 5: I mean who invites you?
Speaker 1: Well, a friend of mine is a chief anetheist at a big hospital, and I always said I'd be always interested to go and watch an operation. But came the day of it and I got two nervous and pauled ol because I actually thought I'm going to faint.
Speaker 5: Do you sit up? The only reference point I have for his Kramer in Seinfeund sitting in.
Speaker 1: Well, that's as good as any medical drama. The only reference point.
Speaker 5: He goes to watch a live surgery, and he dropped a jaffer or something, peanut or.
Speaker 1: Something, doesn't it go in the womb. That's your only reference point.
Speaker 5: So do you sit how are you meant to sit up like that in a viewing area and you look down?
Speaker 1: I think unless it's a teaching school, this is the goal. Where my friend worked, it was a you know, surgery, so they're busy and all kinds of different operations.
Speaker 5: You're just going to sit in the corner.
Speaker 1: Well, I think so, yeah, Well sometimes, well I can tell you this story, right, because he doesn't work in this country. But what did he call me?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: And he go, I know, we still meet up tonight and I hear in the background, I'm you're not in surgery. Yeah, yeah, Sorr. They're about to come round in a minute. Because's unethotist, you know, he waits and still wake up or whatever doctor sleep or whatever he gives them. And I feel you are awkward about this. I just worried about the patient there, like you should be looking at a monitor, not chatting to me about meat for beers. We can chat lay to please get off the line.
Speaker 2: For Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 9: Three, Christian O'Connor's fifty down dollar, Your bills.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Tintacar Went Tintacar, you'll no longer be naked. We have paid off fifty six thousand, eight hundred and fifty five dollars worth of your bills. It ends Friday on the Breakfast Show. So if you hadn't gone to the website to tell me about your bill, we've still got time today and tomorrow. Those will be the last four days you can go and tell me about your bills. Gold one O four to three dot com dot A. We've doubled up the winning on the Breakfast Show, doing it now and in an hour's time as well and again throughout the day. Ten one and four five chances today, five more tomorrow than last chance on Friday on the Breakfast Show. Good luck. Let's call up someone live right now, Jack put them through. We're calling out Andrea, who has a surgical bill she wants paying off.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm Andrew speaking Andrea.
Speaker 1: Good morning. This is Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm very well. How are you? Oh?
Speaker 7: I've had better days, but yes, I'm doing well. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we're about to make it a little bit better. Andrew. You know what I'm calling you live. I do.
Speaker 7: I put in my bill for my medical expenses tell us.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So on last Wednesday I was going to go to boxing class. I said, oh no, I'll go home and cook a raised and surprise my husband. Anyhow, I'm doing all the vegetables and cut my slice. My thumb open as I've turned around off not the knife that's gone straight into my foot and lodged. So currently I've just missed the main artery by just millimeters. I've tipped the bone, which means I probably have to have some surgery to get it out, which will be operation thirty three. And I pay enough medical insurance each month, so that's going to be another five hundred dollars on top of that for my excess.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 7: So I was very lucky if I've had to have tetnus shots and gone antibiotics, because having a hip replacement, I've really got to be very wary of infection that can rejection. Yes, it's just after.
Speaker 1: Another operation thirty three I did. Indeed, do you get any kind of like loyalty card or some kind of rewards points. I mean, thirty three operations are a million dollar woman as they rebuild.
Speaker 7: You, I know, I think every time I go into Booper, there's an alert under the desk going, oh my god, it's a quick, quick, quick moving no wonder the health insurance premiums and going up.
Speaker 1: It's ma, well this does out. By the way, what were you cooking? What will be you slicing up or chopping up?
Speaker 7: I was making a lamb race and I was precking the vegetables and yeah, you know a bit of extra blood.
Speaker 1: So you really did surprise your husband.
Speaker 7: Just what have you done now? And I'm just thinking I sort of dropped the knife and he goes, could you not have moved some week?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 7: It was just so quick, and I'm just thinking just look down. I'm thinking, oh god, this doesn't look too good at all. So yep, so I've had it glued and stairy stripped. At the moment, it's quite a nice shade of purple.
Speaker 1: Do you know that the most dangerous thing to chop up in the kitchen they get so many knife through the hands on this is avocados.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, yeah, probably because the way people hold them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the amount of people slice their thumb. I'll put it right in that webbing bit between your thumb and your.
Speaker 6: Chat.
Speaker 1: Alright, Yes, yes you are after one hundred and twenty four dollars and fifty five cents.
Speaker 7: Yes for the old doctor's appointment.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm going to bump that up to five hundred dollars for you. Okay, Oh, thank you so much, because I'm short there. Within the next color week you'll probably need another operation, so the next one's on us.
Speaker 7: I don't want to go for thirty four. I'm telling you all right.
Speaker 1: Man, all right, well listen Andrewa. I hope you get well soon.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: You have a great day and you.
Speaker 1: Might take care.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: I'm always looking for life hacks, anything to make life easier. I'm all, is I see. I'm a sucker for clickbait that says twenty four easy life acts. I'm always click on that one. You know it goes cold a teaspoon of lemon, or take an inch off your belly, you know. Oh okay, So Jack's got a great life hack for.
Speaker 5: Us this morning from what I can tell as well to brand new original because they're all those clickbaited articles are all sharing each other's life.
Speaker 1: Hat it's quite right.
Speaker 5: It's a brand NEWI. For five less than five dollars, you can do this and improve your cooking life.
Speaker 1: And listen up because Jack emailed me last night said this, and I really want you to find time on a show too, so I can do this. I'm going to write to listeners to apologize if it isn't a game change.
Speaker 5: If you actually go out and buy this and try it and it doesn't work for you, I'll write a personal apology letter and mark my words, I will not have to write one letter.
Speaker 1: Satisfaction guaranteed.
Speaker 5: I love that for less than five bucks you can buy a clear sauce bottle, empty sauce bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but professional kitchens have them all for like olive oil and sesame oil.
Speaker 5: Oh, maybe they already know about them then, so I'm putting olive oil into mine. Yeah, put an olive oil into a clear sauce bottle. And not until you've had the luxury of squirting olive oil onto a frying pan like its sauce on a hot dog, will you know how improved your cooking life can be. I can't explain it any more than try it to realize the difference.
Speaker 1: I guess the reason why professional kitchens is you're not wasting a lot. Sometimes you put too much in with the big bottle. It's you have to put your thumb over it, don't you. And it's not the most hygienic thing if you washed your thumb, you know. And it's hard to get the control. So they use it because you don't use as much.
Speaker 5: That's right. And it never slips down the side. Olive oil old bottle was always like the oil slipping down the side. Then we had their big industrial container to getting that into the original bottle with a jelly can now to get into these.
Speaker 1: And you I always feel like when I'm using it, like it's you work in a professional kitchen, like you're on a TV show. That's right, Alarm that.
Speaker 5: Both of you. I want you to try it by Friday. Come back to me.
Speaker 1: We've been I've been doing it for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've bought a bottle like that about twenty years ago. Ships beside the.
Speaker 1: Stuff hashtag late to the party.
Speaker 5: Okay, but do you like it?
Speaker 1: That's why we've been doing it for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I've joined.
Speaker 1: I tell you another thing, why I decant my daughter's shampoo bottles when they get through a lot. Right, so they have something called a pre conditioner or some pre shampoo shampoo and then some conditioner. And I'm not allowed to use any of these products. And because they use so much of it, I have to canter that into those bottles. They get controls.
Speaker 5: See, that's another perfect thing. Whereas if you're souce bottling onto your hair rather than just the big gloves coming out, yes, you've got way more control.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yep. So it's got multiple users. My life fact that I would recommend to everyone. I hate ironing shirts, and luckily I don't have a proper job r I need to wear a shirt every day. But when I do need to iron shirts, I will lower the ironing board so it's basically at the height. As I'm sat down. I will then be in front of the television so I can see the TV over the lowered ironing board. I iron, I watch TV.
Speaker 5: It's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just allowed them to have their mind blowing right now.
Speaker 5: I already blew their minds.
Speaker 1: But okay, but we blew them twenty years ago when we first knew I was I and Pats are game changes, all right, moment of silence. I thing sat down watching the TV.
Speaker 4: Again. I've been doing that for about twenty years as well.
Speaker 1: All right, do you know about this one? I can blow mine with this one? You get your been? Oh what's that? The bottom binge juice? Okay, not anymore? Hey, presto, what's that in the bottom cat litter? Don't have a cat, doesn't matter. Buy a bag of it. Sprinkle a bit on that. It's scentered because they poop in it, you know. Yeah, put that the bottom of the bin bag. It's absorbent number one, soaking up the bing juice number two? No more pongy bin.
Speaker 5: That's actually good.
Speaker 4: That's a great idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we finally blew pats of Mine show.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty. We blow Melbourne's mind. All right, If you got any life hacks to share with us? Nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: We're looking for life hacks this morning mail. You've got one for us.
Speaker 11: Hey, how you going?
Speaker 1: Oh, good mail? What's your life hack? Mate?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 11: So so you get bike cab soda harbonate soda from the supermarket. You can buy it for like half a kilo for like three bucks. It costs like nothing. And if you get half a cup of it, and when you get in the shower, you can wash your face and your body with it, and then you can wash it like your whole shower.
Speaker 1: Right, anything that I can then use to clean a shower? Is that sense able to put on your skin?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: It's completely organic and it's like the best cleaner ever. If you rub it on your face and wash your face off, it's better than any cleans that you can buy it.
Speaker 1: You use it to strip paint. No, I worried about that on your skin? Oh, I know malder. You obviously got very good skin.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, and my skin's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Anything. It's the bicarbonate of soda, I reckon? Yeah?
Speaker 5: How regularly?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 11: Like once a week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so strong you don't do it once a week? I'm not sure about this.
Speaker 11: No, No, go to go serious. Don't say it like you love it?
Speaker 1: By carbonate of soda? And how much do you recommend you using? What do you do? Put it in your hands and then scrub it in your face?
Speaker 11: No, I take about half a cup in the shower and they're like, yeah, just like, get a whole heap on my palm and rub it all over my face. And it feels kind of gross at first, but why don't you like get the water on it? It's great.
Speaker 1: Maybe your thick sort of leathery Australian skin, you know from all that sun exposure you have here, but this fine peaches and cream pommy skin. I think I'd start bleeding if I did.
Speaker 5: Skin will come off in your tissue skin.
Speaker 11: And everyone says, I'll look about thirty five, so I must be doing something right.
Speaker 1: Right then, I'm going to go down a hardware store today and gets in my carpet EPISODEA for my face. You give me go, you can get it at cold all right, thank you very much, Well awesome Bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three yesterday evening my wife was out, so I was in charge of dinner last night, and about five to seven I just get a text on my phone and it simply said for my daughter texting me not out and about but up in her bedroom when is dinner.
Speaker 5: It's that huge house that you in, that Spanish mansion. It'll take a half out and walk down.
Speaker 1: On the swing you're asked down and ask.
Speaker 5: Me that that's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: It's texting within the house. It's bad enough. Their mum will often text me when she's in the bath, going can you bring up a glass of wine? And I don't even go no, I'll go, of course, what would you like? Run up there like the butler. That's bad enough, but a twelve year old going, I never would have pulled a stunt like that. We didn't even have mobile phones, but even if we had, I wouldn't have had the cheek.
Speaker 5: That's my one fear, or one of my fears about becoming a parent, is just how ungrateful kids seem to be. I was so ungrateful as a kid, and that exact same thing. What's for dinner? We don't like that, we don't want that.
Speaker 1: When's it read it? When's it ready?
Speaker 3: To?
Speaker 1: Faster? Monkey? Faster monkey? You know it? That's like ten or fifteen minutes. I'm doing the greens at the moment, oh so hungry. And then they just buger off and I'm like, are you gonna help get the table ready? Or anything like that. And then yesterday, the whole wednesdayn already the text plunged me into another one of my favorite rants in my day, and they were like, oh God, here we go. Oh God, and even ruber old, why did you do that? You're now going to get one of these. In my day, never would have asked my dad that. I mean hospital for a week in hospital food. And then when we do sit down for dinner, she goes to me los is twelve. He goes, hey, listen, I've made a big decision. I don't want to be a YouTube star anymore. She wanted, didn't There was a whole life's mission was to be a YouTube star. I go, oh right, okay, secretly over the moon. But when kids say stuff like this, the more energy you get into saying that's a great idea, the more they retreat from it. So I try and play it cool. I'm thinking, ding ding ding, this is great. Finally she's woken up. I guess what are you going to do? I'm actually going to be a psychologist. I want to help men because they suffer a lot from depression, and the male's suicide rate is really high. Well that's so I said that is a great thing to do when you talk about making a difference, And is it really high here in Australia and in the UK? Is well, that's a lovely thing to do, and she went, yeah, it's very high for people your age. I'll just let it hang in the air. Why is he so sad? It's not just a.
Speaker 4: Golf Is life speaking him?
Speaker 1: Yes? And I said, look, this is brilliant. I said, how amazing. Then all right, if you found it calling, maybe it is this okay, But for now, all right, I said, I'm going to as a bookshop in enrichment, right, great bookshop. I'm going to go in there today. See there's any books that can help you? She went, I don't think in the children's section there's anything on psychology. I don't know if that might be like a book for young kids. But Gmber, that age where you used to make these big announcements about And then she was like, I'm not going to have kids either. Hey, look so it now. I said, you're twelve. The biggest decision you should be making about what top to work the weekend? Okay, the whole children discussion a we shouldn't be having it at twelve. Anyway, okay, And you've got a long time to work all that out. Don't fix anything right now at the age.
Speaker 5: Of twelve, Sarah's got a lot to learn when she comes home night, doesn't she.
Speaker 1: Did you ever make those big announcements when you were a kid, though?
Speaker 5: I see. I think I was a kid who is just like what to wear at school the next day, like what to watch TV after dinner?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I never made huge clothes.
Speaker 4: I think girls are forward thinkers though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And did you have big plans at young age, Patsy.
Speaker 4: Yes I did. I was never going to get married, and I was like probably.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know we've met Chris. He clearly trapped you because he got pregnant, didn't he.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So yesterday evening I got a text for my daughter within the house to your text and a dad asking, simply rudely, when is dinner? Nicole? Hello the girl. You've been there before. Then you got a text from your kids from within the house.
Speaker 11: Yet my son text from my husband's store because he wanted him to shuder. What text in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: So lying in his bed not to move a couple of feet to close his own bedroom door. He texted you, your husband, to say, can you come and close my bedroom door? Yep, that's unbelievable. I don't know what's what's worse about the story?
Speaker 8: Dad.
Speaker 5: I've got a bit of water on my chin from the glass of water.
Speaker 8: And straight off, you know he didn't chext me though.
Speaker 1: No, no exactly. So Dad's a soft touch Nicole, Thank you very much and cool lower is bye? All right? So coming up after eight o'clock. Then we've got another bill to pay off. If you get a call for me and you pick, I'll be paying off your bill. And then we've got a very special guest starre do give on TV shows? Used to see this on Friends, isn't they? And a very special guest appearance from That's what we have with a guy called Peter Logan. Peter Logan is a hero. He contacted me a couple of weeks ago and he sent me a lovely email and he said that he is he's got bout cancer and one thing he's always wanted to do the time he's got left, he's always wanted do a proper radio show. He's own community radio and but he's always wanted to do this, and I thought we could easily have him in on the show for an hour. So we're going to after eight o'clock this show will change. We'll become the Peter Logan Breakfast Show. We've already changed everything in the building to make it fully branded up, to give him his own experience of having his own big radio show. So, Jack, what does it look like in reception? Did you see it on the way in the smiling court?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the big posters in screens of your face have they got replaced by Peter Logan's. He's got the same logo as the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show now says the Peter Logan Breakfast Show, and then in small letters with Christian acmal.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if font went down that small? What is that one point zero one that font? So Peter Logan's going to be in after Rape Now. I had quite a few emails people saying this's a lovely thing to do. Some of you are sort of like, well, how's it going to work? The how what are you going to be doing? Here's what we're going to do. Okay, Peter's come in because he wants to do the radio show with us. He wants to have this experience during the next hour, just so we all know what you can expect and stuff like that. I know why you come to the show and what you want from the show, and also what I don't want Peter to put him in a situation where suddenly he's some kind of poster boy and he has to talk for a whole hour about cancer. He has got something which could actually save lives, and I want to make sure that we use the time and he uses his time, and he this is really important. It's on a kind of mission because he made some mistakes and you can learn from them. I'm learning from them, and you can learn from them as well about getting yourself checked out. He might not be as far gone in his situation if he'd got himself checked out. So there is there's a message of warning, but you could also make a change in your behavior that could actually save your life. Will certainly prolong it as well. But the most importantly we're going to give him in an amazing hour of radio. I don't know I've done that. Actually I've never done that in my life. I'll aim for that all right, that's what I'm going to aim for for Peter Logan. So after eight o'clock then we'll still be here, but the main man in the chair will be Peter Logan. That's who's coming up after eight o'clock this morning on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The christ'n for Sure Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Gold Finger.
Speaker 10: Special Events, jeffree to witness the most amazing hour of breakfast radio.
Speaker 1: Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to the Pieter Logan Breakfast Show. You O'Connell, so yours, the mike, sure yours, but that is a lot of pressure, no pressure at all, Thank you very much, Christian.
Speaker 12: We are the Peter Logan Breakfast Show. Here God one oh four point three FM. We're going to do Christian's fifty thousand dollars pay your bills coming up shortly.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 12: And I just got to say a big thank you to you and the team here this morning for giving me this fabulous opportunity.
Speaker 1: He straightway, Peter, don't show up and make it realize how easy it is to do this straights away? Can you be crap for half an hour then get a bit better.
Speaker 5: That's been we're going to hit the news on time, and there's something this shows used to do it.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 12: Let me tell you something. Anybody that knows me, we've got no chance of hitting the news on time. I can talk for England and they've all tild me. Shut up, don't talk too much. Just get on with the show.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, welcome, okay, enjoining the next hour. This is your hour now. If people didn't hear our chat that we had Monday, tell us about what you've got going on in your life, then why you want to do this, why you want us to do it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 12: I think that this is really just a fantastic byproduct of what I'm really trying to do here. Christian my stage in life. I was diagnosed with stage four bout cancer back in December twenty sixteen. Stupidly, you know, I didn't get around to doing the things that you should do when you're age fifty. The government even gives you a leg up, sends you a kit. I didn't get around to it. It wasn't for any reason. I didn't not want to do it. I just didn't get around to it. It's too late, stage four. It's a long way back from that. My journey. For the last couple of years, I've had countless operations of chemotherapy treatment. I'm still on on a form of chemo treatment.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 12: And the stage that I'm at at the moment, it's a it's a management process. They call it palliative. I don't like to use that tiable phrase. I don't like to use that term. I mean, I'm as fit as I could see.
Speaker 1: If we met in a bar, I would not guess that you've got this going on. And no one who's ill? How are a serious ill? You're not your condition, You're who you are right, But you don't look you look full of vim and vigor. You've got energy. Are your eyes at crystal clear? They are?
Speaker 12: They still clearer than Jackson as opposed as opposed to if we met in a bar.
Speaker 1: Look, it's funny as well. I hate to go.
Speaker 12: As I said Christian, my main motivation behind all of this is to get a message out. You know, this is a this is a horrible disease. Fifteen thousand people a year in this country alone are diagnosed with with boocancer. You know, a third of them die. Unfortunately. The saddest part of that is that more than ninety percent of those that have died, sorry, more than ninety percent of them caught early, are actually very very treatable and as real. So I've stripped it all back, and already this year in twenty nineteen, two and a half thousand people will have already been diagnosed with this disease in his in a store already this year, already this year, just in February up until the end of two so about two and a half thousand people will have already been diagnosed with it. And if you strip that back, seven hundred of those will actually die. And now what we want to do is we want to target those seven hundred because you know that ninety percent of them could have been avoided absolutely, So that's what we're trying to target here. Well, that's what I'm trying to target.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 12: This is a one man crusade at the moment, you know. But having said that, some of the social media feedback since since we chatted on Monday has been fabulous. There's a lot of great support. And the pleasing thing for me, Christian is that there are people out there that have said, after listening to you, this is what I'm going to do now I threw mine away, I put it in the bin. I'm going to get another one. How can I get another one? So we could hopefully talk about that later on through the hour, about how people can do that sort of thing. But yeah, I think that that's the main motivation for me. This is just a fabulous vibe.
Speaker 1: So this is literally will you use the phrase this is all the time bucket list? This is one of your bucket listings.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to avoid the bucket list.
Speaker 1: Because two words now, I can't use it again.
Speaker 12: The reason for that is I think of a bucket list is when you've got to the stage when it's too late for anything else. Do you know what I mean? I want to do what I can do while I'm still healthy. I mean, as I say, I'm well, I'm healthy and I want to enjoy it. I want to jump out of a plane, I want to do things. Yes, I suppose the bucket list items, but I don't want to do them just because somebody said you've got six months to live. You know, the reality is, you know the medication that I've that I started taking, which I didn't know the results of when I first reached out to you, there's been some positive feedback from that, so that could potentially along, yeah, prolong for another twelve or eighteen months, on top of what might have been fired us.
Speaker 1: By that, I mean we'd go before you.
Speaker 12: Well, it's funny, you know. I'll tell you a little story off here because it's too long to do on here. But yeah, you've got to be very very careful what you open the door to in this day and age, in this industry. Mate, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Dangerous as radio country. There's a guy opposite me who's got terminal councer warning me about the teams of doing breakfast radio and Australia there.
Speaker 12: But there's a very good story about the man following you to Huggy and what he did to a legend of Australian radio back in the eighties, follow by the name of Greg Evans. I'll take you off here, but it's too long to do on here. But you've got to be very very careful of hugging all right.
Speaker 1: Now, the music we're going to play during the next hour, these are songs that means summon to you. Tell us about the first one by Billy John Mote.
Speaker 12: Okay, well, this is one of the songs. I've also another bucket list item is I used to sing in a band and I'd like to do a gig for the kids. This is one of the songs that I'd.
Speaker 1: Like to do that.
Speaker 12: It's really it's a Billy Joel song. Maybe not the lyrics especially for me, but just my life. And it's a song that I'm a Billy Joel fan. And on this day in nineteen eighty this was from the Album of the Year fifty second Street from at the Grammys. Billy Joel said, done, yeah.
Speaker 1: An, that's him with the music. You're great, Okay, Now you've got to ident the show to a time check and they were into the song It's all yours.
Speaker 12: Peteragen Breakfast Show here with Christian O'Connell, and this is Billy Joel My Life from the fifty second Street the Album of the Year in nineteen seventy nine at the Grammys.
Speaker 10: The piece a Logan Breakfast Show with Christian O'Connell Gold one oh four point three The pet Oagan Breakfast Show here on Gold one oh four point three FM.
Speaker 12: It's It's what is it? It's twelve thirteen, forty minutes past eight, coming out of Billy Joel there, my life from fifty second Street. It's time now to throw back over to my trustee sidekick Tanto over there, Christian O'Connell's fifty six, eight hundred and fifty five dollars pay year bill.
Speaker 1: Should we get to hurt?
Speaker 5: Uh and uh?
Speaker 12: And we're we're about to call our next Our next lucky person is Karina from Mortielick. Jackie, you looking after the calling.
Speaker 1: Ams tell us about this person and Pete calling what.
Speaker 12: They we're calling Coarina down in morti Elick. She's she wants to be a real estate agent. God knows why I want to be the this jobey and she wants to be a real estate agent. Some people just got no h no ambition in life.
Speaker 13: But shot jock, some people have got no ambition in life to I hope she picks up.
Speaker 5: Should we pay a bill, give her a talking?
Speaker 1: I told you to keep it light, Okay, we still got to stick around, do the show hopefully the next a couple of years, Peter, you'll be.
Speaker 12: You'll be all right, but I'll disappear off into the Karina worked as a cop and she decided that she wanted to become a real estate agent. And by the.
Speaker 1: Way, can I just say, is that your wife out there? That poor woman head in her hands. The last thirty seconds youming trashing borker, turing his life.
Speaker 12: I've been waiting for an idea so that I can start on her next.
Speaker 1: Is he always like this? Is it like Torette's I'm nervous now, Peter, let's make this the last one.
Speaker 9: Christian O'Connor dollar your bills.
Speaker 1: That's cool, love this all woman. This might be the best war song we've done in the last five and a half weeks. Peak. All right, let's go Karina? Is it? That's Karina?
Speaker 12: Yes, Mordi alec now okay, ring ring, Well maybe not, I'll here we go. Yeah, one Georgia.
Speaker 1: Picking up. Hello, Correna speaking Hey Karina, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Is this Christian?
Speaker 1: Yes it is, Yes, good morning.
Speaker 3: I recognize your voice.
Speaker 1: Lovely you make him breakfast?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 1: What's get on the background?
Speaker 3: No, I'm actually at work.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, Well listen, I don't know if you just heard, but we've just read out the details about your bill. What have you got going on in your life? You want to make a career choice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what happens way back in two thousand and seven, I was a police officer in Queensland and it was a very kind of negative job.
Speaker 1: VI suppose you say, so I decided in Queensland, like you, as a police officer, it is it.
Speaker 3: Is, it's yeah, not as nice as you think it would be. So I started doing a real estate course and my whole course up there acusting about seven hundred and fifty dollars. And then I actually got a job as a flight attendant, so I decided to go and do that, and then I kind of just put everything on the back burner. I got married, I had a child, I had a business which failed, and then in about twenty seventeen, I decided, okay, it's hard to give this real estate thing to go again, went to register and my course was no longer relevant, so I had to do the course all over again. So did that mean story?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you're sorry, Karina. This is this is this is Pete Logan, and it's this is my breakfast shower and they've been winding me up all morning. So Christians over there is getting a bit nervous. He wants the short version.
Speaker 3: If you could decided to go into real estate again, and I've applied to do the course again.
Speaker 1: Another great idea, great idea. So what can we help out with? What do you need pain off?
Speaker 3: So it's just I've got one subject left of my course. Two hundred and eighty nine dollars it cost me to do that.
Speaker 1: Now tell me this, then, real estate agents? What do they actually teach you how to do? Because we've recently gone around and experienced what an Australian real estate agent is like. And they have a certain house styl as, they show you around the house and you know what they say, and it's a lot of poker. You sort of have to line pretend that there are thousands of people interested. What do they What do they teach you?
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of the course is all about legislation and you know, how to market properties and things like that. That's one of the things that's probably kept me out of realisty.
Speaker 1: Someone told me that some real estate agents, I hopefully you're not going to do this, get friends of theirs to come around, pretended to look around that they're interested in They're just they're just hires.
Speaker 3: No, definitely not. Well, I wouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 1: I do that all the time. I'd hire minor celebrities. Oh, Steve Gutenberg's in this place. She's got some money from short circuit too.
Speaker 3: That's not very ethnical, christ Kiss.
Speaker 1: I'm not a very ethical person, so it won't bothered me up. All right with that? Oh that's a creener. You're after two? Yeah, two hundred and eighty nine dollars. Yes, why don't we double that and give you six hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Oh, Christian, that would be fantastic. I can get my computer fixed as well.
Speaker 1: That way, you've got to accept a cash to hire some stooges and just fill out the place. Okay, the first viewing?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, all right, thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much, Kina.
Speaker 12: Well done, ConA Christian, good luck with your real estate to.
Speaker 1: Later all that you just trap.
Speaker 10: This is the Peter Logan Breakfast with Christian o'connll on gold one oh four point three bunch living.
Speaker 12: On a prayer And now it's not the Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: I don't forget that guy.
Speaker 12: What's your mouth? Peter Logan Breakfast show here with Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: All right, you're doing a great job. Are you enjoying it? It's halfway through it's going so quickly. I just want to make sure that you're enjoying it is what you thought it would be.
Speaker 12: This morning, yes, the trembles have stopped. Not there probably weren't too many. But now this is this is good fun. This is this is great fun. It's almost like I do this every day.
Speaker 1: Because when we spoke to you Monday, I'll be really honest. After the show, I could work out this is fair enough, okay, what you've got going on. But when you emailed, you said this is a thing I really want to do, you know, And and then I asked you and you didn't appear to be that bothered. I actually felt like, you know, you get those nuisance calls. I found I wasn't sure fair enough. He's probably changed his mind. And actually, you know, it's precious Tom. I got left. Why waste it in a sad little studio in Richmond? Not at all?
Speaker 12: To be honest with you, And I mentioned off that the I I didn't expect it.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 12: I was a little bit stuck for words, which is something that I'm never but I was stuck for which I actually didn't know what to say. I didn't want to sound like a I sort of didn't want to sound like a prize winner and do all of that, but I didn't. I just didn't know how to respond. So I apologize. Jack still thinks you're lying all of this. He's actually going to make you do some tests after the show. Okay, it's seriously, I just I just didn't know how to respond. And it's as it's as I said, it's a fabulous, absolutely fabulous byproduct of this whole situation. And I'm having a ball, having a ball.
Speaker 1: This is one thing you're learning and learning a lot of things about what it's like to do a radio show is sometimes you be careful about what you're saying because the lovely listeners sometimes the show radio shows. If you're lucky, there can be co Janie's lamp. But you could be careful what you wish for. So you know, about twenty minutes ago you said, old, you know many things I want to do, and I want to jump out of a plane.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: John's on the line right now. Good morning, John, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good? Okay, see live now on the Pizza Logan Show. Have a chat with Peter God, Peter, how are you.
Speaker 12: Morning, John, I'm well, what can we do for you? What brings you to this fair station this morning?
Speaker 8: Well, just listen to your show just on the way that they have one air show and heard that you wanted to jump out of a plane. Now, the reason I'm ringing for is because I'm in your situation. I'm fifty three years old and had checked up at fifty and haven't been checked again, So I need to get checked up. After I've listened to what you.
Speaker 1: Have said, I'd love to.
Speaker 8: Ask you our company, Aero Shoot Industries. He's a little bit one better than a jumping out of a plane. We have a powered parachute. So we take off from the ground with the parachute and fly around.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of this, James Bond, what's like a pretty injectacy? What does that mean?
Speaker 12: Almost got a jet pack strap to your back, you get you're actually your self powered up, and then what you pull the parachute is or something like that.
Speaker 8: No, we take off on the ground with the parachute already open on a on a trike with three wheels, so doesn't open. We don't leave the ground, but once we're in the air, we're just the same as a normal parachute, but with a motor so we can fly around, go up and down at different heights whenever we want to.
Speaker 12: Is this like, is this like paragliding behind a boat sort of thing, but on on on land?
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, this is what in t did. What are you offering on man, Peter Logan some kind of flying contraption machine until faster Peter.
Speaker 8: So one that was on James Bond. That's a powered parachute, the same thing that was on James Bond.
Speaker 1: I know this thing existed.
Speaker 12: Who cares? Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Tell you're more besides about this than you when we offered you the radio show Monday Well said there was a big peak the method in my manness, I just wanted to get John on the radio. Smart man, John.
Speaker 12: I have no idea what this is going to be. But now let's hero on the internet and I'll show you everything done.
Speaker 1: This is a take. We'll cover it on the show. I think this is incredible.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no problems, one hundred percent. I'm sure that. I'm sure the.
Speaker 1: Predation lawyers now are getting really worried about the health and safety. And it's one thing getting you in.
Speaker 12: Here on this yeah, I'll sign the disclaimer. Let's find it. We won't make gold. We won't make gold. I already said that something that I wanted to do anyway, So we'll give you.
Speaker 8: It's a double bang up because my good friend runs the Gambi Parachute Jumping School and he will offer you a candom jump as well.
Speaker 5: One but two parachutes.
Speaker 12: Fantastic what if I what if I get scared after the first one, I don't want to do the second one? John, John's a it's a fantastic Thank you very much, very very generous offer to you and your friend up at the Gambie as well, and I accept, I accept and think very much great.
Speaker 1: All right, John, We'll be in touch. Thank you very much for that. The Peter and Logan Breakfast Shop with Christian O'Connor Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 12: Peter likeagen Breakfast Show with Christian O'Connor on Gold one oh four point three if him.
Speaker 1: You're doing an amazing job, mate, seriously, very very good job, and some really nice messages coming in as well. So if you just tuned in just to say why Peter Logan is a very special guest star this morning, you are star. You've shown me up for how really ridiculous easy is to do this for a living. And the strength of character in you is unbelievable. You would not know having been sat in front of you and talked to you on the songs and joked around how quick and sharp you are. You you may have cancer, but you are not. You are not that, you are more than that. And but it's been great to meet you. I've found it actually very very inspirational. So Peter Logan is who emailed me a couple of weeks ago saying that, so I forget this right, terminal four. You are stage four.
Speaker 12: I was diagnosed as stage four, and I don't know that the word terminal is part of it. But I'm in a management process now. My doctors have basically said that surgeries and I suppose conquering it is not probably possible now and it's just a management process and try and prolong it as long as I get as much out of life as we can.
Speaker 1: Well, you're certainly doing that doing this. Why are you still working? So people don't know this? Right, You're still doing your job and you have a busy job. You're out of state a lot. We've had to work behind the scenes to try and work out when you're going to be in Melbourne. I nur it's your home here, but you're working all over the place. Why are you still doing that? Why are I traveling? Or I think that.
Speaker 12: Look, I've always been a bit of a workerhole. I've work in a wonderful industry. I work in the aviation industry, and it's not the sexy part of the aviation industry. It's just in the freight part of it. But it's given me a lot of opportunities through the years to travel the world and do a lot of different things, meet a lot of people. And I've got a challenge. I accepted a challenge from a wonderful employer that I now work for, who's given me the time to be able to do this, and they've supported everything with my health. We're building a business from the ground up. It's a it's a brand new business unit. It's from an established organization overseas, but in this country it's a it's a green field build up and and I've been given the opportunity.
Speaker 1: You've still got the passion for doing.
Speaker 12: That, absolutely, absolutely, You've got to have something to get out of bed for every day Christian, and and and and while jumping out of planes and being totally behind tricks and doing radio shows. It is all fabulous.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 12: That's not day to day stuff. And of course I've got to I've got to support the habits of of those three out there as well, which.
Speaker 1: Is not very from the girls as well. I've got Kardashians. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 12: I've yeah, I've got I've got.
Speaker 1: There are only hanging around seeing there, so there's still going to be in the will as well.
Speaker 12: Just what I just, I just I just love it, Christian, I I love them a job, I love what I do and and life, as I said to you the other day, it's a bloody good thing, you know. And and whether it's working or whether it's playing. And you know, I consider this playing. You know, this is this is fun. Just enjoy it, even if it's not enjoyable. Just enjoy it, you know what I mean. Just get up and do it. So our work is it's good and you get paid for it, which is even better.
Speaker 1: All right, some of the messages are coming in, Peter, I'm so pleased that you are ticking off your We're not using the now, we're not using the be wings that you want to do things that you want to do. List My mum, Sanley died of bell cancer. It's lovely to hear you spreading your message. That's a lovely one, Christian. I asked my husband to cancer seventeen years ago. He was just thirty one. Wish he'd done what Peter is telling everyone to do right now. I really admire his courage. I'm the same age as Peter. God bless you, Peter. Peter needs to become part of the Gold Team. You're going to get a job offer, off he goes. I told you the Haggy story. It's a frightening one. It's a frightening one, all right, So listen, we got to clise some ads when we come back. Then this is the really important part for me, right I wanted to make sure. So we've got an at break, then we've got a song, and then this is going to be your last chat with us during this hour. So I want you to be able to say what you want to say because I know that's really important to you. And you've got something that you can share and I think it can change.
Speaker 12: People absolutely, And I look forward to that that's there. While this has been fabulous, the most important part is still to come.
Speaker 1: All right, stay with.
Speaker 10: Us, Love, peace, All Logan, Breakfast with Christian O'Connor Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 12: Three Peter and Breakfast Show with Christian O'Connell Gold one oh four point three FM. Colds or Flame Trees one of my one of my favorites, one of mine. Thank you Brad for that. It's the only one that you have a great song. It's the only one that he played of the list I gave you a list of thirty or so.
Speaker 1: I saw them terrible. Now listen, this is going to be your last link with us, So I wanted you to be talking to the microphone and say whatever you want to say. Before you do, I just say this, I do. What I've picked up through is speaking to you Monday and seen your original email and then when we swap emails, what you are is so much more than cancer. You've got such a beautiful, timely message for everyone right now listen to this and that is one of the most important ones of positivity. But bigger than that, love and love is far bigger than any cancer or anything. And that message that you're spreading about loving your life and loving what you're doing. If you're not doing it, do something else is something that I will take from you, know, your time on the show. So thank you personally, half of everyone to listen this morning. You've been inspirational. But it's over to you now. What do you want to say?
Speaker 12: It's I actually don't class it as inspirational, Christian. I mean, I just do what I do. I mean, through this journey, I've just done what I've been told. I've laid on a table and people have cut me open, and I've taken medicine that people have told me to take. I haven't done anything. What's inspirational is is these two beautiful girls out here.
Speaker 1: Shall we bring them in? Who is going to introduce the team? There's team them in. They're out there.
Speaker 12: Born at twenty at twenty six weeks. These two girls were what, Yes, they were born.
Speaker 1: There's something in your funny Your survivors.
Speaker 12: Stephanie and Diana, my beautiful twins, they were born at twenty six weeks, and inspiration is watching them fight to survive for three months in intensive care. That was inspiration. My young boy who's not here with us today. He's had his challenges through his teenage years. He's clawing his way back into normality. He's got a good job. That's inspiration. He's fought and he's done that. That's inspiration. When people have to do something to achieve what they want to do, that's inspiration. I've just done what That's so true. You've had a choice. That's what I've done a different way. Yeah, oh maybe maybe, but look, the main thing is Christian from a from a very early age, I've sort of always been positive. I've always wanted to enjoy life. And life is, as I say, it's a great thing. You're a long time dead, so you know you've got to try and make the most of it when while you're here. So you know you've got to live every day. I've put a couple of points down here. You know, enjoy everything you do, even if it's not enjoyable. I mean, because what's the point of sitting around and being miserable. You know, you've got to accept every challenge that's put in front of you. And you've got to look after yourself, because you can't look after other people if you know good yourself. So you have to look at It's the old safety message on the airplane. Now fit your own mask before others. If you're no good, you can't help somebody else. So look after yourself first. And that's the main point of this. You know, and write your own story. Actually write your own story. And I saw a beautiful quote the other day. When you're writing your own story, or when you're writing the story of your life, don't let anybody else hold the pen. Make sure that whatever it is that you do is yours, your choices, and you do what it is that you want to and enjoy every bit of it, because, as I said, you're a long time dead and you've got to make the most of every single thing, you know. I sort of think about what that's going to be like. I can only imagine I've lost a parent. I can only imagine what it's going to be like once once whatever happens to me happens to me. It's it's you know, I'm going to miss out on these two getting married, having kids, grandchildren, potentially, you know, I don't know. I could be here for another five years. Yet it depends every week.
Speaker 1: There's no looking he's marrying.
Speaker 12: I'm actually I've gone from it they're not leaving the house to thirty five to I wish they'd hurry up and buger off. But look, I think about the things that I potentially won't get to see, and that's and that's the only downside of this. So again I implore anybody out there. We talked about the statistics something that's really really sad. If you go to the Bow Cancer Australia website, it's it's sad that they are predicting twenty thousand cases by twenty twenty. Now that's only two years old. I want to try and change that. We target the road toll every year. Oh ye ah, good, target zero, all that sort of things. Let's target bloody zero with this thing here. Let's not predict that it's going to go up to twenty thousand by twenty twenty. Let's actually try and drive it down and let's make it ten thousand.
Speaker 1: Or five in order to go and get tested.
Speaker 12: So absolutely, Look, I think that there's always going to be the odd case that you can't do. We heard somebody there that died at a very early age. It's always going to be difficult to be able to stave that off. But at fifty years of old. The government gives you an opportunity to check yourself. Amazing, so go and do it. I know in the UK it's not till sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, soo many people are too far gone. It happens to members of mine.
Speaker 12: So I think it's about eighty five percent of cases over fifty five. So if you start at fifty, as I said to you the other day, my surgeon said to me, had I done the test at fifty, there's a big chance that I would have already had the disease anyway, but it would have been early enough that they could have done something to arrest it or even to overcome it totally. And I know a lot of people that have had positive tests come back but early enough that they can they can extract the polyps and everything's fine, and people go on and not have to worry about that ever again. So it's really really treatable. And it's like a lot of cancers, you know, if you get them early enough, then you can do something. So I just implore everybody don't think that you're indestructible. You know, there's too many. This country's renowned for it, especially the male population. But this is a fifty to fifty disease. It's fifty five percent male, forty five percent female. You know, the blokes in this country or the people in this country, they just have such a laybout. I don't feel sick, so on fine. I didn't feel sick at fifty either, But it wasn't until I felt sick at fifty two that I actually did something about it. So I don't wait to feel sick, because then it's too late. So go out do the tests. Make sure that you do it regularly. Don't just do it fifty do it at fifty two. You get another one every two years. A staggering, a staggering statistic. Only forty seven percent of the tests that go out from the government get returned, only forty seven percent. So yeah, there's there's probably a stigma around what the test is because of what it involves. But do you know what it's actually not. It's not a big deal. You know, if it's going to if it means that you're going to be able to live for another twenty five years and enjoy the things that I might not get to enjoy. I might, but I might not get to enjoy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 12: But people have just got to overcome this, this whole stigma and this macho attitude that it's not going to happen to me. I don't feel sick. I'm all right, yeah, just do it.
Speaker 1: One final question, right. I have these billboards up all over town. If I was to give you one of them, you could have any phrase or any word of wisdom or anything you wanted to share with everyone in Melbourne. You can put whatever you want on there. You choose the words, just the words on a billboard. What would you want to say, Peter Logan?
Speaker 12: I actually I wish you had to give me a I was. I had to give me a bit of a prep on. It's the only thing that we haven't prep for the last hour. Look, I don't know. It probably wouldn't be in relation to cancer, Christian. It would just be about life. You know, as I say, you're a long time dead. Enjoyed the time that you hear? Really really that that's what the message is. Do you know what? Every every single day you wake up and something is going to go wrong. You know, you can't stop things from going wrong in life, but you know what, it's how you deal with it. That that's what that's the secret You've got to make sure that you can overcome whatever it is that's put in front of you, because a lot of times you can't stop it from happening. So don't stop, don't try and stop it. Don't concentrate on trying to stop it. Just concentrate on trying to make sure that you can outcome out the other side of it.
Speaker 1: Do you know what you said? An amazing thing Monday? And I chat right and you just I don't know if you remember it. Do you remember? You should say it? Because it's not my.
Speaker 12: Worst thing I said. I'm actually not afraid. I'm not afraid to die. I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of not living there because that's what you know. I just I love life, I can tell yeah, and not doing that is something that yeah, probably that's the one thing that it probably gets to me. I think.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, listen, you've spoke beautifully. You've been a star on our joy to meet you and your family. We've met you, now, we know who you are. We're going to be covering the skydive cycling contraption, whatever that is. We will. This isn't the last time we've spoken. Peter it feels like we've met you and you're not out yet. You've got a lot more to say and do in life. But it has been a joy to share our little studio with you. Peter Logan, everyone from the Peter Logan Breakfast.
Speaker 12: An absolute present pleasure. Christian. Just before I go, and I know that Brad will be out there ripping his hair out and Beck we're angry. But I really need to thank a couple of people. Won my employer at Rob the Lesio and the team up in Brisbane with McCaw. I won't mention the company's nose, it doesn't matter, but but they know who.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 12: My employer swiss Port, and as I said, Rob the Lesio, of the team up there, Jerry and everybody else has been very very supportive. They allow me to come home. I'm based in Brisbane, they allow me to fly home to to have all of the medical tests and the like, and they've been very supportive of what I'm doing here. And too and too obviously to my wife and family and a very very close knit group of friends that have supported me through all this. I need to thank all of them, and to my longtime sidekick on my other radio shows Wayne King over there in Shanghai. Guy by the name of Jared Reid who he does all my characters. He's a fabulous biken and thanks to him as well. These people are that. They really are the backbone of why I'm here. And thank you to you guys as well. My pleasure of every one of you. I appreciate you, reaching flous I'm glad. All right, Peter Logan, we see you again soon, brother, Thank you mate. This is Peter Logan, Breakfast Christian o'co on gold one oh four point three everything.
Speaker 1: It's funding a bit skew. We're after the power of Peter Logan. It felt like we are has so much wisdom, you know, really really big. I'm still spinning around and worrying with my tiny little brain right now. All right, today's time waste. Then we got a pair of Eagles tickets Seminole American rock band The Eagles are coming over next week Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena. First show on March the fifth is sold out. Limited seats are available the second and final show on the Wednesday night that's March the sixth, and you can get those limited tickets right now through ticket Tech and you can win a pair of diamond seats. These are great seats to go to the Eagles next week. You'll probably a ready know this, But today is clam Chowder Day. So today that we've been counting down with for a long time because who doesn't love clam chowder? Do you know what I like to do is brew up a lot of clam chowder, put it in my thermos and just drink it during a workout. That's what You've got, a clam chowder, you know. Yeah, that's how you know. That's how I work out. I just open up the clam chowder during a workout during the show as well. So on National clam Chowder Day, we're looking for fishy celebrities. I've got Barry White Bay great start, thank you, Mackerel, J Fox, Macrel, J Fox, Scottish one now Prawn Connery raw Connery an Chivy Hopkins.
Speaker 5: Good, but I had that bum. Now I've got him down to two.
Speaker 1: Damn. Okay, what you what have you got? Fishy celebrities?
Speaker 5: I'll bring you one of my bad ones. Then John Melchafish, No, I'm that's not that bad. That was my good one. So I was going to throw my bad one in the middle. Shark Era, shark Era.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you got them?
Speaker 5: Squid Vicious?
Speaker 1: We didn't need them. Text over the Eagles tickets then, can we believe we're giving away these tickets to one of the biggest bands of the world ever. On Fishy Celebrities Pizza logan must be question, why did I share my wisdom with these clowns? All right? Text them in four seven five three one o four three Your Fishy Celebrities four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Just about a mark. Today's that worked time waste on an amazing, very special day today National clam Chowder Day. And we've been looking for your fishy celebrities. Now after about five minutes after we marked them yesterday on air, we had an unhappy customer, right Jim and the guy I was reading out his text, he got angry. Then we never read his Yeah, he said it literally began at this block capitals. That's when it's like they're shouting you, okay, oh, come on, guys, read mine out. They are funny. Then he went up this ranked over okay, so I had a little LOOKI on his phone number. We can do that, he and I can see all the other texts. Paul in Coo, we roup, I'm talking about you now. I went through and I read out to Jack off air all your other and fair play. You're trying, You're trying, you try and trying, and h I stand by my decision not to put any of them on air. They weren't funny. However, he's got one now and he's about to have his first one ever read out on this. I'm not going to tell you which one it is, so you mark it fairly, Paul, be careful what you wish for all a knife extra bit of excitement though, Are we going to get another angry right card? Come on guys, Yeah, ready, Paul? All right? Then fishy celebrities jacks canna want them now? Eagles tickets up for grabs? Will they go to our friend.
Speaker 5: Paul pro pen Wow, great start, God.
Speaker 1: Not porn and cool Ell. Sorry, Il McPherson, my fault. Sorry, Chris told uh John West then he means John Cougar, Melancarp.
Speaker 12: Sylvil plus Flash great.
Speaker 1: Name flap flash muscle crow.
Speaker 5: Oh that's good. I was trying to look on for Muscle Gold.
Speaker 1: Plus Very Good One and Wayne Tuna Turner Tuna Turner, Civil Plus Shell, Gibson Gold Puffer, Daddy Great Gold, Helen Queen, the Tefa becomes Queen Lobster.
Speaker 5: Smell something.
Speaker 1: Is that, Paul? To make it fairly like you normally would what would you give something like that?
Speaker 5: Queen Queen Lobster. I mean I wouldn't even get it if you said it without saying.
Speaker 1: Teefa becomes Queen Lobster.
Speaker 5: I think it's a bronze, but welcome to the game.
Speaker 1: Thin Diesel Gold command in rosebud Uh. I can't stop, I can't stop. See he signs off. I want those Eagles tickets. Do you know what? Let's end on his one. You can have the oh who we rock after all the weeks he's been sending some in. Even though that Queen Latifa would comes Queen Lobster sucks, you could still have the tickets because we love a gamer.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: That's it for us Star. Today's show has been Peter Logan, So it feels right that we the title of today's show is going to be the Peter Logan Breakfast Show. What an amazing man. Then you all feel kind of changed in a little bit after what happened this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it worked like his outlook on life is invigorated all of us. I think since he said what he said ten to nine this morning, I just love his attitude and I'm going to carry that with me definitely today and hopefully into the future.
Speaker 1: Great. I know, he was a star, and thank you very much to Peter Logan for coming in a force of nature and talk about people who don't have to become We were still about writing your own story, and you know what he's going through. Is very humble about what he's going through, and he had no choice. That's not bravery. It is true bravery to strength with what he's coming to terms with. And this the energy and the positivity and the love that he just had emanating out of him even when he was chatting to us, the joy for life just being in here between the songs just came off him. So not the last few further from Peter Logan on this show, We're definitely carry out whatever that thing is that he's got a cycle with a parachute up to get into the sky, trying to understand is it could someone draw it for us archimedies It was Icarus to try and fly up to the side that we're making Peter do. So anyway, we'll be getting him a lot more on the show. But anyway, thank you very much for listening. Thanks to all the messages. I make sure that Peter gets all of those Huggies.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three