Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. Is your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torba and coming up on today's show, did Tammy Hembro just soft launch her divorce and a macavoy's strategic baby announcement for first three months. After sensationally dethroning Australia's most popular influencer, Mikayla Tester has revealed she's leaving Australia for good now. Mikayla moves around a lot, but her home base has always been Australia and she speaks really highly of Australia on her TikTok. But this week she told her two point eight million followers that she no longer feels safe here and is leaving due to youth crime. Let's have a listened to what she said.
Speaker 2: I love Australia. I think it's one of the most beautiful countries in the world, but it is just not what it.
Speaker 3: Used to be.
Speaker 2: The youth crime in this town where I live is so fucking bad and everyone knows where I live and I don't want to live. I love Australia. I think it's one of the most beautiful countries in the world, but it is just not what it.
Speaker 3: Used to be.
Speaker 2: The youth crime in this town where I live it's so fucking bad and everyone knows where I live, and I don't want to live here anymore. Ushers the truth. I don't want to live in Australia anymore. I don't feel safe here and every time I move somewhere, people find out.
Speaker 4: Where I live.
Speaker 1: This seems to be an issue for a lot of influences. It would be really difficult to balance sharing about your life and being really open but not giving away where you live, particularly for lifestyle influencers who have to share within their home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does seem to be a growing issue with influencers. I mean just this week Chloe Zepp and Mitch Orvial announced that they're moving to Newcastle and the reason behind that decision was because they were involved in a home invasion a couple of years ago because people knew where they lived. So they're also looking for a bit more privacy now.
Speaker 1: On an international front, UK influencer Saffron Barker recently spoke about how her home was robbed while she was on a holiday, so it definitely seems to be a growing issue for a lot of influencers. Mikayla said that her front door at this rental property is made of glass and she will often hear people yelling things to her from the street. She did say most of the time it has actually been supportive, but other times it's been degrading comments about her job as a sex worker.
Speaker 4: And it seems like this type of behavior almost turned Mikayla into a bit of a recluse because during the whole Anna poul saga earlier this year, she didn't leave her house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really bunkered down at home. The thing is, she has received such an outpouring of support for speaking out against the polls and also she's now seen as this person who's advocated for sexual assault victims. But that being said, even though it's all positive, she will attract a lot more attention now when she's out in public because she's so well known. And the thing that would make it quite uncomfortable for her is she has bared a lot of her soul online due to this Anna pol stuff. She has opened up about the abuse that she has allegedly suffered at the hands of Adams Paul and it would be hard to guy in public knowing that everyone knows your business. You would feel like everyone was looking at you and people were talking about you, even if that wasn't necessarily the case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she'll be able to keep a lower profile overseat. It also means there's less chance of her running into the polls.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. They all still live on the Gold Coast, and even though they do spend a lot of the year traveling, there is the off chance they would run into each other.
Speaker 4: I mean, I suppose they socialize in similar circles as well. I was really surprised to hear she's moving to Germany, mainly because that's where the Paul family is originally from. They've been spending a lot of time there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess maybe she fell in love with the country when she traveled there with them a lot. She said, she already has a unit in Frankfurt and she's also been learning German for the past three years. I was more surprised to find out that she's not moving to the US, as that's where her fiance Max is from, and she has always gushed about how much she loves America and would love to be their full time. I wonder if there's been some issues with her visa.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, recently she was talking about how her and Max had been kind of arguing about whether they were going to live in Australia or the US, and he really wants to go back and be with his family. I'm wondering if that will happen when they finally get married. She's got a green card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely think they're waiting to get married before making the move to the US. Now, after sharing the news that she's leaving Australia, Mikayla decided to put up a house tour and I have to say the rental that she has been living at for the past few years is absolutely epic. It looks like a literal Pinterest board and unsurprisingly this house is available for photo shoots. It had this real Moroccan vibe to it. It was massive.
Speaker 4: I feel like I know her bedroom very well because that's where she shot five hours of her YouTube expose on Anna poul. It almost to me looked like a Barley villa that she was staying a well.
Speaker 1: I got a bit of flat because when I recently shared that Mikayla tester was wearing triangle bikinis. I said that she shared a photo from her holiday in Bora Bora, but it was actually a photo from her house. So from in front of her pool, which literally looks like a villa, it is the most stunning backyard.
Speaker 4: How much does this place cost?
Speaker 1: Well, unsurprisingly, it does cost a lot of money. So her rent is two seven hundred dollars a week. She revealed that to a follower. So a lot of followers were doing the sums and saying, well, that's one hundred and eighteen eight hundred dollars a year just on rent.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm guessing she's making bank on her OnlyFans, and it's probably not that much for her. Yeah.
Speaker 1: A follower did point out though, that while this house was incredible, there was a rather awkward set up in the bathroom. So the bathroom had no door that blocked off the toilet.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hate that.
Speaker 1: She said that it meant that she and her fiance Max got to know each other very well, very quickly.
Speaker 3: I've just been dealing with some heavy stuff and I feel like people can tell.
Speaker 1: It appears Tammy Henbury is a step closer to confirming her breakup with Matt Szakowski. On Tuesday, the OJI Australian influencer broke down in tears, admitting to her seventeen million followers that she's dealing with something heavy. Kate, the writing has been on the wall for a couple of months now, surely this is confirmation. It really felt like a divorced soft launch, and this is coming off the back of months of bizarre behavior. Tammy and Matt couldn't make it any clearer that they're living in separate states, they haven't appeared on each other's socials.
Speaker 4: Then there's a constant unfollowing and re following, and Tammy ramped it up further this week, posting more cryptic clues. So last week she was singing to get Away Car by Taylor Swift and this week she was singing to man Child by Sabrina Carpenter. Here's a clip of the lyrics. She was singing to.
Speaker 3: My boys and I did.
Speaker 1: Get an a lie mo man, I'll in competition.
Speaker 2: I swear they choose me.
Speaker 3: I'm not using them.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely iconic because Sabrina Carpenter actually ended up re sharing this clip.
Speaker 4: Now, if the message wasn't clear enough, there On Monday night, Tammy shared a very telling quote that said, when something feels off, it is, and she added underneath a woman's intuition.
Speaker 1: You know you're deep in your breakup phase when you're searching quotes like this on Instagram and doing the reshare, don't you I know? Now?
Speaker 4: Tammy's appearance on an Instagram story on Tuesday morning was the real nail in the coffin. So she started out chatting to the cameras she made breakfast, and from the get go she seemed really flat And I originally thought it was one of those fake chats influencers do when they need to plug their products, and maybe that's what it actually was to begin with, because she started plugging a supplement brand and a fitness app. However, when she sat down with her breakfast, things got real. So Tammy thanked her followers for their support and conceded that she's been going through a difficult time. Here's what she said.
Speaker 3: I also just want to jump on and say like thank you to everyone because I've just been dealing with some heavy stuff and I feel like people can tell, like I definitely don't like to like pretend I'm okay when I'm notn I feel like I have been to do that for a little while, because you know, I have so much that I have to focus on, but I just feel like it's doing me more harm than good. I just want to say thank you. I am, you know, feeling positive today. And you know, I don't really like to talk too much about stuff like when I'm in the midst of it, just because it can feel like it can put even like more pressure and feel even more overwhelming. So I just want to like go with emotions of it all kind of thing, and then you know, talk about it at some point later when you are oh my gosh, I'm trying to do this without like, because when you are dealing with things, whatever it may be, whether works, just have to get your personal life, just own personal internal struggles or whatever it may be. I feel like having an online community like you guys just is really helpful and just makes.
Speaker 1: You feel Now. It was at that point that the Instagram story cut out, and I think it's quite clear that things to Scott too much for Tammy. It looked like she was about to break down in tears, and rather than returning on camera, Tammy wrote on her Instagram story. Sorry, guys, couldn't get through it with crying face emojis. What I'm trying to say is I really appreciate you all, and especially when you're going through something, having an online community like you guys can really just help to make you feel less alone. So I really appreciate that, and I don't take that for granted. And I love you all so much.
Speaker 4: Now, there will be some naysayers that'll say Tammy didn't specify that she was talking about her marriage, and maybe something else is troubling her. I personally am ninety nine percent sure that this is about Matt.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. We shared this on our TikTok and also our Instagram, and there were a couple of Tammy followers who were saying, there's potentially a lot of things that she could be talking about. I mean, recently last week we touched on her scandal involving the camels in Egypt. There's also been some dramas surrounding her brother. There has been a lot going on, but I think it is quite clear that this is about her relationship breakdown with Matt.
Speaker 4: I mean, the timing of it all was very telling. I think that this is her way of addressing the Matt situation ahead of some big milestone events. So Tammy spoke about how it's her daughter Posey's third birthday on the weekend and she's holding a birthday party. Matt also has a big birthday coming up. He's turning thirty on the third of July, and he spoke about having a Christmas in July themed party months ago, so he's already been away for Tammy and Wolfe's birthday as well as Easter. I think that it's at this point she's really had to come out and say, look, something's not quite right, and it seems like she is following a very similar strategy to how she dealt with her breakup from her former fiance Matt Paul. The other Matt Matt Paul suddenly was nowhere to be seen and basically just got phased out of her social media very slowly. And this is despite the fact that the couple had just welcomed their daughter Posey together and Tammy basically didn't say anything until it was so obvious that she didn't really need to make this huge announcement. Yeah, and this is totally what's happening at the moment. I mean, she said herself she doesn't like talking about things when she's in the midst of them happening, so I think that when maybe things have calmed down, she will address it. I'm interested, though, because I've read her book and she spoke about how she's never going to go into the details about her breakups with Rhyese Hawkins and Matt Paul because she has children with them, But she doesn't have children with Matt Sakowski. So I wonder if that will change her approach about dishing the dirt.
Speaker 1: Oh. I hope she goes in hard. I would love to hear what has really been going on. There has been a bit speculation that the couple can't actually announce their separation due to their deal with Vogue, so they exclusively gave the publication their wedding story back in November last year.
Speaker 4: I highly doubt it. I don't think Vogue has the power to put these types of things into a contract. I mean TV shows like The Bachelotte can because that's how the couple met, and they signed contracts before they go on and find the love of their life.
Speaker 1: I think it's more that Tammy and Matt would be trying to save face. They know that if they come out and that their marriage only lasted three months, it looks way worse than if they can say that this marriage lasted a year or eight months or whatever it may be. Yeah, it's pretty interesting because Influence Updates AU put a post up about what Tammy said, and Tammy's best friend Isabelle Laws liked it. I mean that speaks volumes to me. Yeah, I am wondering if perhaps Tammy and Matt finalized things on the weekend, because it does appear as though Matt flew into the Gold Coast because he shared that he was at a Gold Coast brewery watching the footy, as he seems to be doing a lot of. Tammy also posted around the same time with a face mask on asking for documentary recommendations, so they weren't spending time together, but perhaps they had a prior meetup to iron out a few of the things going on.
Speaker 4: I mean, Matt has been lying pretty low on socials. He did the most horrendous ad I've ever seen. Actually, that's a lie. He also did one for Koala Mattresses recently, and it was so bad that it got over one million views on TikTok because everyone was shitcanning it in the confin.
Speaker 1: Now he's ad for the numbing cream for his tattoo removal on his arms. That was very borrow.
Speaker 4: Sorry, there's been a string of really bad ads anyway. His most recent ad was promoting a shower caddy, which made me laugh and I need to throw to the audio to give it justice.
Speaker 5: Introducing the tool Wall by Tooler Trees. If you're in need of a stylish slik shower caddy like myself, well look no further because the Toolwall is for you. The Toolwall is a shower caddy, but better. It holds up to five kilos and has five hooks for storage, so you can store all of your essentials. This is the ultimate grooming station. It keeps all of your products and tools in the same spot. It's easy to set up and even easier to use.
Speaker 4: I can't believe this man has a podcast like an audio platform like. His voiceovers are so bad.
Speaker 1: If this isn't a big enough sign that they're getting a divorce, I don't know what is. Because he's obviously desperate for cash and he needs to do the attack.
Speaker 4: He adds, it's so bad. Now someone commented under the video, notice the left hand is hiding, to which Matt replied, okay, Sherlock Holmes, I actually don't shower with my ring on, but that's none of your business now. There was a bit of a back and forth, and Matt hit back to the commenter, saying that they had a sad life caring about other people's relationships.
Speaker 1: Again, why is he responding? It seems like he's desperate to build up some engagement on this post because it is an ad.
Speaker 4: But do you notice none of them ever shut it down and say we are still together? They just leave it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's fantastic for their engagement. People want to go and check out their pages. I know I'm constantly looking at Tammy's page to see if she's taken down missus Zakowski from her bio and to see if she's following Matt. Yes, I am one of those sad people, but I say it is for my job, but this is the best way to attract people's attention. I mean, if Tammy Hembro didn't have as many relationship breakdowns as she has had, I don't think she would still be so relevant. I mean, no one is tuning in for the constant stream of ads about Tammy Fit or Saski or all this new supplement's company.
Speaker 4: Just back to Matt's hands for a second. I was listening to a pre recorded episode of his podcast Where's Your Head At? And he went on this rant about how nice his hands are and that they look really manly. I was like, Oh, it was so cringe.
Speaker 1: Now is he playing up his wrestler character there? Because listeners will remember a couple of weeks ago that we spoke about how Matt is into amateur wrestling and a few years ago he played a character who had apparently won the genetic lottery or is that just him?
Speaker 4: That's just him? It actually reminded me of that Seinfeld episode where George becomes a hand model and.
Speaker 1: Ends up burning them.
Speaker 4: Now back to Tammy. Do you think her breaking down on Instagram this week could be a little bit of damage control? Also for not showing up at a supplement brand's activation, because on Friday night her and a sisters flew out to Sydney and they were meant to be hosting this activation for their supplement brand Selfish at Bondai. Now, the trip didn't really get off to a good start because their flight was delayed and they ended up arriving at their hotel to find that it had a nightclub underneath it, which wasn't really conducive with them having to get up at five am. Now, Tammy was supposed to lead a workout on Bondai Beach with one hundred Lucky competition winners. However, she didn't show up and her manager told fans she was feeling unwell and wouldn't be attending. Emily and Amy still appeared though, and according to people who attended the event, they just didn't have the same pulling power as Tammy, so there really weren't that many people there.
Speaker 1: I was surprised to see how empty it was. If you think back to the crowds that Anna Paul drew when she did a shopping center appearance, it was nothing on that, even.
Speaker 4: Her appearances with high Smile. I remember she did one before Taylor Swift's errors to her and it was absolutely packed. They had security guards there. It appears that Tammy made an appearance at the end of this event so that she could appear in the promotional photos, and fans were less than impressed with this event. Many people complained about the lack of products on offer to taste, as well as the fact that hats were given out as prizes, and one fan shared that they were so upset because they spent one hundred dollars on an Uber to get to Bondi and didn't even get to take home a sample of the rotein powder. The only thing that they got was a hat.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you'd want to be wearing one of those hats. They have been compared to Donald Trump's Maga hats, so it's probably not the best look. Do we think that Tammy Hembrew was legitimately sick because Michael bullshit on that.
Speaker 4: There's a rumor going around that perhaps she met up with Matt the night before. I don't know how Matt was suddenly in Sydney. He lives in Melbourne, so it might be a little bit of a stretch. Maybe she's just going through it at the moment.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how pissed off her sisters would have been because that would have put so much extra pressure on them and is just so obvious, particularly when there's a cool time of five am. I'm sorry the person is not sick. They either just don't want to get up, don't want to face it, or something is going on in their personal life.
Speaker 4: Well, Tammy does have a chance to redeem herself this weekend. So in Brisbane, Selfish is doing another pop up in the Queen Street Mall. I'll be interested to see how that one goes there.
Speaker 1: The two life again so good.
Speaker 5: In scrass It's your Birthday.
Speaker 4: After keeping followers in suspense for almost a week, Anna McAvoy finally announced the arrival of her baby boy and his much anticipated name. The reality contestant turned fake Tan entrepreneur cleverly took advantage of the peak engagement, simultaneously dropping baby updates alongside details of a new product launch. So, despite building up the hype, sadly, Anna was pipped at the post when it came to the name.
Speaker 1: Reveal That's right. Instagram account influencer updates Au received a rather strong tip off about the baby name on Friday night, and she decided to share it with her subscribers. So in the post, the watchdog account also revealed that Anna had most likely given birth to her baby boy a week earlier because a handful of followers had spotted them out and about now. The Instagram story revealing the name didn't last long and was removed about half an hour later. My guess is that Anna or her husband Michael reached out to Amber demanding that she take it down.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can understand that she's waited so long, and she has really been trying to pump it up, because leading into her birth, she was asking followers to guess the name, and she kept talking on her podcast about how no one had guessed it right now. The tip off ended up being bang on. On Sunday night, the couple revealed they named their son Swede Ashton Staples, sharing a cute photo of his little foot, as well as a family snap following the sea section. Note have you ever seen such a glamorous sea section photo? Like, I'm feeling a bit of pressure here because I'm not long away from him having my sea section, and I'm like, holy fuck.
Speaker 1: They looked incredibly glamorous.
Speaker 4: Oh, she looked absolutely stunning. I thought the same thing. I mean, it made me pissed off because I was like, I looked like shit, I looked like a foot, had no map on, no town, I had no Goldiebee tan on. I think most of us probably look I know, but I mean, let's be fair, she is a model.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, in the comments section of this name announcement, a follower shared their disappointment, writing, fortunately someone ruined it and commented on your last post revealing his name beautiful name. Though now I want to point out that that wasn't Amber from influencer Updates AAU, but presumably one of her subscribers who was commenting the name on Anna's page. Anna ended up responding to that comment, writing, I know with a crying face and broken heart emojis. It did make me feel quite sad for her, as you say, Kate, because revealing your child's name it must be such a special moment and one that they have waited for for quite some time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's a double whemy in this case as well, because she was really trying to get engagement off it, and particularly because it's a very unusual name. So I personally was quite surprised when I heard it. Everyone knows I love traditional name, so Swade is never really going to be, you know, up there on my list. Each to their own. But I did see someone point out that it sounded like a Bets and Bets winter collection. Yeah, but Swede's.
Speaker 1: Staples like, Oh, I really don't think that this was the name revealed that she was hoping for. And I don't think she quite anticipated the wave of negativity that was set to come her way, because quite a number of animal activists weighed in questioning why she would name her son after such a cruel practice. One follower wrote, if people knew how cruel Swede is, no one would want to name a newborn baby with that horrible name. It's associated with evil. Bainly from Warrior for Animals, who we spoke about on last week's episode in relation to Tammy's camel incident, he shed his thoughts, writing, terrible name for many reasons, but particularly concerning a Swede is animal skin, and her son could become uncomfortable with that due to becoming concerned about animal welfare a Vegan fashion week banning animal skin. It is a name that if the child grows up to have values against that material will make them feel uncomfortable. It's like naming a child Bacon but then becoming a vegan or deciding to be Muslim.
Speaker 4: I think it was a case of bad timing for Anna macavoy, coming off the back of all the animal activists focusing on Tammy hem Bro's behavior in Egypt. I think maybe she wouldn't have got this outpouring of negativity if you know, they hadn't been watching so closely. There's also been a lot of discussion and debate around her strategy for sharing this birth announcement, particularly because she has been doing it alongside continual promotions around her fake tanning company, Goldie b. I mean, for influencers, name reveals and birth announcements are huge business. These occasions are always going to deliver and influencer their biggest engagement boost, and ultimately it's going to lead them to having more followers and increasing their revenue. It has been very clear through Anna's pregnancy that she is keen to move into this motherhood space. She's released a mothering podcast. The majority of her content when you look at TikTok is all around her pregnancy. And I know that a lot of women and a lot of our listeners who are pregnant have really enjoyed following her journey, and she's been quite successful at sharing this type of content, and I think it has been really fascinating to watch the way that she has chosen to roll out this birth announcement because she's probably one of the first Ossie influences I've seen bread crummet to this extent. Sarah's Day was a fiend for this when she gave birth to her first son, Fox around six years ago. But more recently influences have been doing pared back birth announcements, and I think it's because it's a bit taboon now to be seen to be exploiting the birth of your child and exploiting that child, well, it's seen as being a bit opportunistic and as if you're trying to push your own agenda and your own brand now getting into the way that Anna shared her announcement. It first started last week when she shared a video of herself being wheeled in for her cesarean and in the clip, she minded to the viral song oh my God, I'm having a baby, and she captured the post it's happening now. The next day, she then uploaded another reel where she and her husband transition from their clothes into their hospital gown and she captioned its c section incoming now. It was another further three days before she actually announced her son's safe arrival, writing here he is our.
Speaker 1: Greatest love Now. In this video, she shared close up shots of Swede's lips, and I have to say, this baby looks absolutely gorgeous. His lips are enormous. He looks like a model baby. He's stunning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they really stood out to me as well, I suppose because they were the focus of the video. It's interesting that she's not showing his face. I wonder if that will continue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did have to wait a further twenty four hours after that post before we got the big name reveal, which attracted twenty eight thousand likes, the most out of any of her posts. And what has been really interesting throughout this drip feeding of this baby news is that Anna has been making sure to simultaneously share posts about her business's new product, which is conveniently launching on the fifteenth of June, so in a few days. As we said, she does own a fake tan company and they are launching a new ground dul tanner, And it's been a bit of an ad sandwich. So, for instance, when Anna finally shared her son's name, she reshared that post to her Instagram story and wrote his name is dot dot dot, So that Instagram story would have attracted a lot of views and a lot of attention. It was then followed immediately by a slide which provided an early access link to her new gradual tanner. She then fothered it up by resharing another family snap to her Instagram story, and it was then immediately followed by another screenshot of a positive review about GOLDIEB.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I noticed this too, and I found it quite overt like I've never seen an influencer do it that obviously before.
Speaker 1: We've had quite a few listeners writing in saying that they felt a bit icky about it, and originally I did too, until I really sat with it and I thought, why do I feel this way? And it actually made me change my opinion because Anna is a new mum who is embarking on maternity leave, and anyone who runs their own business and is forced to take government funded maternity leaf knows that the pay is very minimal. It is a struggle to live off that paycheck. I was really shocked to see how little women receive, particularly when you consider that women giving birth before the first of July also receive no payment towards their super during that time, which is just so disgusting.
Speaker 4: I do want to point out though it's progressively getting better, like it's a very positive step that super will now be included as of July one, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I just think it's absolutely ridiculous, though, that women on maternity leave are being paid minimum wage when you consider how high mortgages are and how ridiculous the cost of living is at the moment, and it just made me think, why is it a bad thing that Anna is hustling and hustling hard in the lead up to her birth. I actually think it's a really savvy business move from her, because why wouldn't you strike when you know that you have optimal eyeballs on your page and interest in what you're doing. And I think with the influence of landscape being so overseatactuated, we're really living in a time where there's a real disparity between what influences are earning. And for Anna, when you look at where she lives, she lives in a fairly modest apartment. I would assume that she's not making megabucks off her influencer career. I mean, she'd be making decent money, but not amazing money. And I think it is so hard for mums to keep their businesses and side hustles going during the early stages of motherhood, So why not utilize your social media following at the most optimal time for you.
Speaker 4: I mean, so if you're about to embark on maternity leave. I have experienced it recently and we both own businesses. It's bloody difficult, and I think if a male was doing this, people wouldn't even notice it. They'd be like whatever. But I think we do hold women to a certain account, particularly when they become mums, because it's like, well, how dare you use this beautiful moment as a chance to plug your business? But guess what, She's trying to earn money to look after her baby. And I think it's pretty clever the way she has been plugging her brand. I have been on the about purchasing it myself, and some of the reviews I'm like, well, maybe I will pull the trigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the tactic does seem to be working for her because over the last thirty days, her following has grown by three two hundred followers.
Speaker 4: Let's get into our Friday debrief and Sophie, I'm getting really sad because this is your last podcast episode before you give birth.
Speaker 1: It feels so weird, like it's all coming around so quickly. And I think because Amy's been on leave and I've been really tuned into both of the businesses and it's taken up all of my attention. I've almost forgotten that I'm about to have a baby. So I don't like letting go of the podcast. I just I feel a bit emotional that I'm not going to be able to be on the mics for a couple of weeks. I am hoping that I'm going to be able to make some cameo appearances and pop up here and there along the way. We actually did splash out and buy a recorder each, so now we've got a separate recorder out of house, which we should have done bloody years ago, particularly maybe Kate when you had Jack, because it's been so much easier to record from home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's going to be a game changer for us. Now we just need to sync up all of the boys' naps. Yeah, and we'll be fine. We won't even know slit piece of Pits, I'm sure not.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I am really excited for the next couple of weeks. A little bit scared, but I think it will be really exciting and I can't wait to meet my little boy.
Speaker 4: Well, I actually have my little boy sitting on my lap at the moment because we are recording from home and someone had to get up from their nap, so he is absolutely loving trying to grab the microphone off me. Definitely, I don't think we can record when they are awake, because this is quite difficult. But I have Jack's first birthday party this weekend and I am so excited for it. I've been making lollibags. I'm set to make the cake today and I've decided to make the Teddy Bear cake from the Women's Weekly Cookbook, and the other day I picked up this big cake board to put it on. I've got all the lollies ready to go. I have actually been eating some of them, so I might have to do a restock, but I'm just so excited. I've always dreapt of the moment to make my son's first birthday cake, so it's very well.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's going to be some meltdowns tomorrow because I don't think that that is an easy cake to make. You did ask me whether you should do the one or the Teddy Bear. My vote was for the one because you're trying to avoid any mistakes. But no, I'm really excited for Jack's birthday. Well, the one can always be a backup, so if I do end up posting a photo of the one cake, that's what happened.
Speaker 4: It hasn't worked out well.
Speaker 1: I think that is all we have time for today. Thank you so much for joining us for this episode. I will be being on the Mac with everyone, but hopefully I will be back soon, especially to share my birth episode, which I'm sure we'll record in the not too distant future. But thank you again for joining us. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to Elder's past and present
Speaker 4: A