Speaker 1: Quest Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Ah the chastick Man.
Speaker 3: Take a point on the horizon and go towards it.
Speaker 4: Forget Elf on the shelf, Armed Elf on the Shelf.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: Thank good morning, Friday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning Jack, Good morning, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Morning guys. It's almost said dudes, but it just sounded too surfy.
Speaker 4: But it sounded even weird at what you did do. It sounded like good days some strange. I thought you were gonna say dames and you were like looking at Patsy like a gangster's mold. Sorry, this is a very poor start to do this show. Are either of you two doing anything slightly out of the ordinary this weekend?
Speaker 3: I'm back on the Friends Trivia. That's actually good. It's a good way to do it. I'll say it again quickly. You just give each person a category and you have to come up with three questions, so it's not hard work. Every person comes up with three questions and you do the trivia score at the end.
Speaker 4: Do you know what category you've got?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got Melbourne suburbs, but didn't. I didn't come up with the category already already.
Speaker 4: Never send me a zoom invitation to that, you send me sold it. And then on the rounds of suburb Base all those Friday nights, just and the guys, hey guys, I.
Speaker 3: Established eighteen fifty four suburb beginning with.
Speaker 4: Spots work. No, it's not, it's not. Actually it's a trip mum. All right, Patsy, you watch anything unusual? No, thank you for just entertaining that. All right, let's get straight. Double thumbs up Friday, Patsy, what are you giving your your fame double thumbs up?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 2: I think we've exhausted all of the streaming shows there are.
Speaker 4: So well, you've actually watched everything you think, we know we have.
Speaker 2: We've actually found that we've been watching a bit of commercial TV this week.
Speaker 4: Summing it.
Speaker 3: But there's nothing else on the TV channel ten. Though.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of shows this week, honestly that have given us the joy that we needed this week. The first was Cheap Seats. It's very funny, Oh my goodness, genuine laugh.
Speaker 4: At great they are really funny.
Speaker 2: Working Dog yet another triumph by them, so so funny.
Speaker 4: If it's always good to shout out the production company, isn't because listeners are always saying, listen, I like the idea of the TV show and what's coolled.
Speaker 6: But let me know about the people that I never know of, and what the production company we can trust working.
Speaker 4: We can trust them.
Speaker 2: Everything they touch turns to gold. What it is, it's like a new satire show, so they look at the news of the past week and put a comedic spin to it.
Speaker 3: So too much, No, but it's very great.
Speaker 2: Very well done, hosted by Mel Braceway, Bracewell and Tim McDonald.
Speaker 3: That you would have seen on having been paid attention.
Speaker 4: We haven't been and what was he called that fellow?
Speaker 3: Down?
Speaker 4: All right, sleepy Joe.
Speaker 5: But we loved it.
Speaker 2: Genuine laugh out moments and good with kids as well. It's not bad language, dirty stuff.
Speaker 3: No, it's good.
Speaker 2: The other thing making it, which premiered this week, this was fantastic. It's like a lego Masters of the craft World.
Speaker 4: It was so, isn't he? Yes, yes, yes, show with Nickofferman in America? Actually really well done?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 4: You love it. It's like crafting.
Speaker 3: They build spice tracks and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: No, they so they have a topic. There's like over a dozen contestants. It's a stralion and they have a topic.
Speaker 3: So last time to say that.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't want anyone tuning in go whoa? Whoa? Is he English? Oh? They should have been a warning at the beginning.
Speaker 3: They won't build anything foreign. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: Must say, I do not want to see the keep it local, keep out anyway.
Speaker 2: One of the things, one of the things last this week was they had to make their spirit animal. And this lady had this likeness for pandas, so she made a panda cushion. But it had a hidden snack pocket in it. Who doesn't want that in front of the TV?
Speaker 4: Seriously show me someone who says they don't. I'll check you. Someone who's just not right up top? You come for the pan cushion, the pocket. I want to know that some of them. I'm sitting down a cushion as a crunch of an old chocolate bar I forgot was in there.
Speaker 3: Did you sit.
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Channel ten? If you haven't caught it, give us.
Speaker 3: Except foreign animals with that pandam watch out a good Old Panda.
Speaker 1: Thank you, the Christian All Show podcast, Jackie Boy, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 3: A few things we're watching and finished watching. We finished up Clickbait. I mentioned it last week.
Speaker 4: Is that good? The kids have seen the train?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Watch it, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 4: I think they're only drawn to it because it's got, you know, their sort of language.
Speaker 3: Clickbaiteh computers. Just think you'll be able to keep up.
Speaker 4: Yeahstand baiting. We did catch fished out of the pier.
Speaker 3: They do a good job of walking you through the technology that's on Netflix. Mentioned earlier in the week, thanks to Christian's recommendation, I watched Roadhouse, which is streaming on stand.
Speaker 4: Yes, if you watch it this weekend, definitelyland.
Speaker 3: It's hugely violent. If you'd like to indulge in excessive violence, Roadhouse.
Speaker 4: Is shit and philosophy.
Speaker 3: One thing we didn't get to talk about, and we talked about Roadhouse for about forty five minutes off air on Wednesday show. But how good the fight scenes are. Honestly, these days, when you see like a Jason Bourne film, they move the camera a lot, cut away quick.
Speaker 4: We see with John Whitt they're like these hyperkinetic scenes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they didn't have that those skills back in the eighties. So it's actually just well choreographed flight scenes. The punches Patrick Swayze is throwing, they look so real and he's hitting hard loved roadhouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check it out, so some stan.
Speaker 3: The other thing I watched is I'm a sucker for Have you guys got YouTube on your TV?
Speaker 4: Yet? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a game.
Speaker 6: Put YouTube on your TV, and then I just go, You've got these amazingly well made well even people haven't loaded up entire TV shows or just these brilliantly made original content documentaries.
Speaker 3: Now, get YouTube off your computer, I get it on the TV. I watched these GQ series where they do and famous actor breaks down their most iconic roles. What great idea I watched Matt Damon breaks down his most iconic characters. Man, that guy's done great movie.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I can say? Right? I don't ever think I've seen him in a bad movie.
Speaker 3: No, Well, I mean, does he have any the characters he was going through like all the OCE eleven, the Jason.
Speaker 4: You've seen a Round Us one of his early movies with Ed Norton. That that's another great movie to watch this weekend, one of his early movies. Him and Ed Norton's a star on it.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a brilliant movie. Round.
Speaker 3: I'm going to add that to my list because after watching this, there's a few Matt Damon films. I want to watch Ford Versus Ferrari.
Speaker 4: I'm not seeing the insisting I watch it.
Speaker 3: Banker loved it. Invictis, Yeah, that's great. I've never seen it.
Speaker 4: It's Clint Eastward who directed. It's a great movie, but.
Speaker 3: They're just playing clips from it in this YouTube video. And he's South African Accident. I thought he's really good. And the Martian as well. Never got around to seeing the Martians.
Speaker 4: Marshian is a great movie.
Speaker 3: So this series on YouTube search for it's called break like breaking down the most iconic characters. There's Jack Black, Russell Crowe, Elijah Wood, Jonah and is Rob Schneider going through someone who they haven't got to Rob?
Speaker 4: Ye? Maybe the next take Juice Boiglo.
Speaker 1: To European Giglo, The Christian Connell Show podcast, all.
Speaker 4: The shows that we talk about. If you are interested, you can find out more on our face book page and also on Instagram as well, the Christian O'Connell show. A couple from me it is back. I think it's a brilliant show. S a s Australia. I mean swearing, it's full on.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: I thought you were having it's on the radio drama in here. Sometimes it's a little bit too, it's some sort of performance art in station going on at mona As. Australia is back. If you've not seen the first season, it's all up on the app seven plus. I don't know what what is it that we like it so much? Right? It is very extreme. It's basically where they for two weeks celebrities, Australian celebrities, not those foreign ones, Australian celebrities there they go through the British people hosting it. No wonder you hate it, Pats, That's what she was a ghast at Christians other people with him. This is what they do.
Speaker 3: So I know I know why we love it because you can't help but sit there and watch them and think what would I be like in the same situation.
Speaker 4: I know, I don't think i'd even you know that landrover they go to or just to get that guy. Actually, guys, you know, I'm not remember a terrible stitch. I would have been right up there with the others. But Stitch Sels Australia is you get an idea just how amazed no special Forces are what they do that we can't do. Actually, the other thing that's really interesting is as they physically are broken down with these really really full on extreme challenges, the kind of thing that the Special Forces have to go through to pass selection, something happens to them emotionally, where facades and walls, I think, stuff that they've got going on all comes up. And the interrogation scenes where they chat them they're actually some of the most interesting and revealing moments you get. They're as good as any well scripted drama that is about human nature. So I can't recommend it enough sas Australia. Billions is also back on Stan which is a great show. Even though it is about financial training, I barely understand what's going on with the financial world. The drama in it is really really good and if you're looking for a good book at the moment, you would love this. It's written in the fifties or sixties. It's called It's One loads of Words. It's called Frank Sinatra has a Cold. It's by one of the greatest magazine interviewers in the world, and he was trying to interview Frank Sinatra, and he was heading towards fifty and starting to struggle a bit. And Frank didn't want to do an interview. He didn't want people to seem like that or probe inter's love. He is a notoriously very secretive man. And so this guy flew all the way to try and interview, and Frank's people like no way. So he stayed out there for five months and interviewed anyone who was slightly connected used to work with him, like limo drivers, his busboy, all that for five months and wrote a very long article about it, which turned into a very short book. It's called Frank Sinatra has a Cold. That was the original excuse he was given. It actually changed the way I did radio and made me think about interviewing people that It is an amazing read. Who he gets hold of from the stories about Frank Sinacher better than any any interview he could have got with Frank. It changed help people do journalism in long form interviews.
Speaker 3: I can't reckon out it.
Speaker 4: Thank you. It's so good. It's called Frank Sinacher has a Goal. Gates Less is the guy who wrote the book as a genius.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey coome on it Friday morning, twenty five to seven. Christian O'Connell's show on Gold. This week we'd be looking for your stories about the great MCG getting aside to other Grand final next weekend. We know it's not out the MCG where it should be, but we want to hear all your amazing stories about the MCG, whether it do with footy Grand finals, going to see gigs, they're working there anything. We've got some brand new ones to play to you here. Should we kick off with the Huggy one? Yes, this is great, This is awesome. Huggy the midfield general here always after us on the reckforst show. When we're not here, Huggy's here looking after things. This is a great one from Huggy about the MCG. I've listened to this, Hey, Christian A TAGGI you'd reckon. Watching my Lions win three premierships in a row would be my memorable MCG moment. But actually mine's not fully related at all. As you know, I do a lot of work for the WWE. I've done five tours as ring announcer. I interview the wrestlers when they're here for American TV. And at twenty eighteen's massive WWE Super Showdown at the MCG, two of the biggest names, Triple H and Undertaker's match spilled out of the ring and literally into my lap. Seventy one thousand at the ground at about twenty one million watching on TV around the world saw them beating.
Speaker 8: The hell out of each other whilst laying across me and my son in our seats. I've got this great selfie taken at exactly the same time we're on the huge screen and being beamed across the globe.
Speaker 4: That is amazing typical Huggy though a lot of the facts he's a twenty one million he knows it's exactly twenty one mess not twenty guys, right, it's not twenty five, it's twenty one million. And also the fact that he managed to get a selfie in that moment. Hockey is permanently in selfie mode, is he? I mean, I reckon, even if I broke into his house, he grab hold of me and grab a quick camera for selfie. That guy can put out of selfie anywhere.
Speaker 3: Remember also last week he told us that Belinda Carla came in for an interview and he asked her out after the interview. I wonder if he's doing that with Stone Cold Steve.
Speaker 4: Enough of food. This is a great one from We were talking early about SAS Australia.
Speaker 9: It's sure good a Christian the teeth show here. You might remember me as the guy crawling through a tunnel on SAS or the guy who used to play for Collingwood. My favorite MCG memory it's hard to figure out. Maybe it was in twenty ten when I smothered a guy called Nick Rewold in the goal square when he was having a shot for goal and save the game. The rest was history. We won the game from there and it's fair to say that was probably the best moment in AFL Grand Final history. So I'd say that it has.
Speaker 4: To be my favorite moment. Thank you very much, Heath Sure. This is an amazing one from Peter Mitchell. This takes a real turn.
Speaker 10: Hi, Christian, It's Peter Mitchell from seven News and I have many, many favorite memories of the MCG. But as a massive footy fan actually getting a kick on the hallow turf during an AFL match has to be right up there. Okay, it was an oz kick promotion at halftime on a Friday night, but still running out with AFL greats onto that famous ground under lights in front of a big crowd, with my daughter on my team, it was an enormous thrill, although I must admit, towards the end of our fifteen minute match, I found myself on all fours crawling to get the ball and Robert Dipia Domenico, who was meant to be my teammate, jumped onto my back and started riding me like a horse. No matter what I did, I couldn't throw him off. Every time I tried to get up, he'd pushed me down again. I was hoping for a bit of respect on the g you know, to convince people that I could play a bit. But all they said to me afterwards was you were great as Dipper's bucking Bronco.
Speaker 4: Isn't it amazing? Jack and I actually Reminiscent said during the songs about Dipper in One Last Game, And if you see the video for One Last Game, you can clearly see him running at one of our players trying to do a running head.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have the speed he had in his playing years, but he almost got him.
Speaker 4: Almost got them as well. Is that our next big idea?
Speaker 3: By the way, Dipper rides like a horse.
Speaker 4: Yes, and who can throw him off the quickest all? Can any human being throw him off? I'm not sure any human being. If he once he grips you and you're in his saddle, you can't escape.
Speaker 3: Our listener has become the bucking broncos I love that, and you get Dipper off. Whoever gets in my fast let's call Nipper up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday came out from the show and it was in a great mood. It was great, funny yesterday show. I was buzzing until I saw my heart sank when I was what was dumped on the doorstep unmistakably had IKEA branding everywhere. It was the shape of a desk.
Speaker 3: We had a whole time.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe it. I was just like someone done, this is a horrible, cruel, universal joke. And I actually went, oh God, my god. Of course, normally I would dial up my mate Andy, who comes around and does all that for me. Can't do that now. I don't believe Dan yesterday when he took me all that, he said that, and if you want to get a guy in to do any dy, that's all acts too. When I'm with the five t K to ten K. So I have to do it today.
Speaker 3: It's me and that desk today or this whole weekend.
Speaker 11: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: My fifteen year old daughter Lois has said that I have to do it as soon as I get back from the show today is waiting for me as soon as I woke up. What I thought that was that desk. I am dreading it. You know that is what's that?
Speaker 11: Two hours?
Speaker 3: No more and more two hours two hours? If you know what you're doing.
Speaker 4: I don't any now what we're doing on this show now alone. But in theory, a desk should be two bits that go up and then the main desky bit. Right, But then I saw the picture of it. It's got doors and some middle drawer as well. The hard thing.
Speaker 3: Does it have slide out drawers? Oh, they're the tough ones.
Speaker 4: It's got draw of them and then some middle one as well.
Speaker 3: The drawers come with their own instructions. They're separate instructions.
Speaker 4: Close to tears right now, very close to tears. All right, we've got some emails that are coming overnight for late to the passing late. I was actually tempted to bring it in today and offer anyone who wants to work on SUN one hundred dollars in cash to build it. During the show, would say, don't worry about the show stuff, get that desk.
Speaker 3: We can be one man.
Speaker 4: All right, We'll just put on a half our show. But police just do that desk. Okay, all right your emails. This comes from one of our listeners who listens over in Philadelphia. You've ever been traveling somewhere and you have to try and watch a sports game your team are playing for somewhere else in the world.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've had that. AFL. There's a website called AFL Overseas. Yeah, you play eighty dollars for the year and you get to watch as many stream as many AFL games as you can. But you can't buy single passes, So if you're gone overseas for a couple of weeks, you have to buy the season pass.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 4: I wondered how bit of fans did that all over the world with the time difference and stuff like. This is the situation that our friend Luisa is in Christian listen to you guys all the way from Philadelphia. We used to listen to show in Melbourne. Move down here. We still listen every day. I feel like a lone D supporter out here though, all the way in Philadelphia. My husband and kids are massive CAT supporters. So it was a rough weekend last weekend. They still are sticking by the excuse that a lot of the team had that virus, that terrible rush. That is a terrible excuse. This is how our friend Luisa is in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Is a D scarf ound the window.
Speaker 4: I love that no one's gonna know in Philadelphia what you're talking about. It's like a dog whistle. But you know, come to Grand Final. We'll be up at five am Saturday morning for the five forty am bounce. We have found one other Aussie in Philadelphia who's coming over. Well, do you take out adverts in billboards? Are you Australian? Do you watch the Grand Final at five am?
Speaker 3: Although it will be more than any Australian family, I.
Speaker 4: Should win now, MV you can we come home to Philadelphia? So yeah, we found one alone obviously to come over and watch it. Share this day with our new bestie and planning on doing a big breakfast cook over bacon and Ebbs, eggs and homemade sausage rolls. Also some whiskey as well to cheer on the d's looking forward to listening to show that we always do to count down the Grand Final shenanigans next week, go the mighty ds who Diana. Thank you very very much, Christian. My name is Wes. You guys were talking about the G this week and the MCG and all the stories. Uh me and my mate have been going to twenty years to various Grand finals with both Hawks fans. His name is Less, I am Wes, so we always get along and last butt of names Less and West as a separate phony next week, do you union might have rhyming names? I want to know. I might spend the rest of my life looking for people who are friends with someone else whose name rhymes with theirs Less and West. We are big Hawks fans. We've been so lucky over the years to see multiple Grand Final appearances. We're having a bit of a drought at the moment, but we'll be back after all. Winston thirteen, fourteen and fifteen. My friend Les had a cousin that worked for the club. She was able. I didn't know you could do this. Surely they don't do this anymore. She was able to bring the Premiership Cup home each year for us have our photos with it? Oh well, you can't take down home with issues? Are you not really waiting until the end of the day when everyone else is like, we are around for do you.
Speaker 3: Want to emails today?
Speaker 4: Have we stayed it late? Doing tomorrow? I don't like seeing you late here? Do you have to send the alarm down? Where about you go? And then what you're furtively looking around? Put it in a giant binbag or something, because it's a pretty big side in the boot of the car. Can't take it up anyway. It is with our friend? Which one was he?
Speaker 11: This is?
Speaker 4: Whres?
Speaker 12: This is?
Speaker 4: We's with the car?
Speaker 3: Fair enough?
Speaker 4: You can't just be posing with that. That is incredible. Thank you very much. Wez the address for any of your emails, by the way, whether it's stories about the mcg or anything on the show, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot are you.
Speaker 1: Book Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Got a great email this week from one of you. Jack and I were waxing lyrical the other day when we're doing the eighties out of the eighties, and this week we got the letter Ah and So Jack's homework was to watch a movie you've never seen before, and I think a vastly underrated action movie, genuine A really good one is Roadhouse with Patrick Swayzey who plays a bouncer and it's like a bouncer for hire, the best damgard bouncer in the business. And Jack loved it. You gave it nine out of ten.
Speaker 3: Nine out of ten, and it got a lot of love on the comments section of Facebook as well.
Speaker 4: So I get this email from Andrew Gardner Christian. I was just on the show the other morning, you guys raving about Roadhouse. Fantastic movie. In fact, I have it on DVD video and saved on foxtelle. You don't think missing is blu ray?
Speaker 3: What question?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 4: As technology changes, you preserve it for your future generations to see. How did you watch it on VHS? Christian? I so happen to know the movie word for word so many times whenever we watch it. I can recite the movie almost from any stage, drives my wife nuts. Thank you very much for the show. This comes from Andrew. So I love this email so much. I've often thought, you know, everyone loves karaoke after a few drinks, right, it's great fun. I don't know why they don't do a movie, OK, thing where you and your mates could actually seriously right few beers. You pick your favorite movie. Maybe it's a romantic scene. Two of you go up there, couples, you do it together. Why isn't that movie? OK?
Speaker 3: When we're out of lockdown, we should do the first movie?
Speaker 4: Should we host a listener movie? OK? You know where you put your name down like you normally do? You want your scene in the movie, and then up you go. So we're starting it today.
Speaker 12: I like to movie yoke. I like to movie yoke. I like to movie yoki.
Speaker 4: Movie OK, singing everyone. So we've got Andrew on the line. Now he's kick this whole thing off, Andrew, and.
Speaker 14: What guys, how are we?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We're good? Andrew. One amazing thing to actually claim, then, that you can recite any scene in the seminole Roadhouse.
Speaker 14: I don't know if it's amazing or it could be a bit more of a curse and it was not the best way. Garrett's the best. Why Garret's getting old, He's still the best.
Speaker 4: And Howny Mark's out of ten would you give this? Jack gave it a nine. I'm guessing you're a ten or eleven out of ten.
Speaker 14: For Rodos, Yeah, have to be eleven or twelve yeah, yeap.
Speaker 4: And do you really own it on DVD video and then saved on your Foxtel Heart drive?
Speaker 15: Yes, and fortally I do.
Speaker 14: I hired it from the video shopping Lilydow so many times the guy end up giving.
Speaker 7: It to.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: So does that still have the little sticker on it? Weekly rental three dollars?
Speaker 14: Yep, yep, yep, it certainly does. And then my wife bought it for me as DVD, and of course when we got Foxtel it was on there and I couldn't do anything else but save it. So trying to find it on Netflix and stuff, but it's not there.
Speaker 4: No, it's on it's on stands where Jackie Boy found it. There is there is. You'll love this, I mean, get your wife to get you for Christmas. There's a brilliant book I've got it. It's called Pain Don't Hurt. It is a huge book, a really big, thick old tone about Roadhouse. It's every chapter it's just about something different to do with the Roadhouse. Genuinely, a really really you would love this book. It's great. What's it called pain Don't Hurt?
Speaker 11: You know? Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, well yeah, pain don't Hurt. That's all right. A lot of my a lot of my patients would disagree with that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, now, Andrew, we want to put you to the test. Now you say that you can almost recite word for word any scene from road House. You ready to give it a go.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we'll give it a crack and see here we go.
Speaker 4: All right, so we go into this bit in the movie. It's in the first third. You know that we're talking about Dawns talking about the three simple rules of bouncing. Yes, be nice, that's it, right. It kicks off with this opening line.
Speaker 16: All you have to do as well as three simple rules.
Speaker 4: So if you start that again, can you do the whole scene?
Speaker 14: I think so are you? If you go yeah, so yeah, three simple rules. All you have to do is be nice, ask them to walk. If I won't walk, you walk them. If you can't walk them, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. And I think that was about it. No, hang on, no, no, sorry, I'll got that all wrong the same.
Speaker 4: Let me this quote what I'll be nervous. Life has been waiting for this DVD video and saved on Foxtail Boy.
Speaker 3: Also, Andrew, he's the toughest band in America.
Speaker 4: Someone help you out? He didn't. No point that movie. Someone will help you out? Can you help me out? There's a vited man here, Andrew. Let me just play the opening nine again. It might inspire you.
Speaker 16: All you have to do as follow three simple rules.
Speaker 4: Go on, you now need to be doing Andrew, start the scene again. You can do this, I know you can.
Speaker 14: All you have to do is follow three simple rules. Ask them to walk. If they don't walk, do you walk them, But be nice. If you can't walk them, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. All you have to do is watch my back and each other's and take out the trash.
Speaker 4: He didn't end it with talk about recycling. Did he make sure you put the right one of the green bit?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 14: I had to be nice. I didn't want to. I could have kept going. And and what if my what if?
Speaker 7: She?
Speaker 14: Being called a is nothing personal, It's just two nouns.
Speaker 4: Let's say the scene by response, Andrew, let's hear it now.
Speaker 16: All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One never underestimate your opponent, Expect the unexpected, unexpected, take it outside, never start anything inside.
Speaker 4: The bar, collaboration a.
Speaker 3: Little evous, Give me some You got one rule out of three? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, boy? Does he say take out the trash?
Speaker 17: Keep going.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to the scene. Then, what about pain? Don't hurt? The scene where he's being stitched up? Can you do that one I just.
Speaker 14: Did before when he was talking to doctor Clay and she turns around to you said, a lot of my patients would disagree.
Speaker 4: That is right? Yeah, that is right? Okay, Andrew, well done, buddys, All right? Can anyone else then? Do move? Yoki? Can anyone else have a good stut? But reciting a couple of lines a scene from a movie without looking at the scripts? Okay? Nine four one four one O four three. We'll give you prize if you can. We can't let the first ever movie oke flop like that one three. Poor old Andrew. I think, is it going to smash up all those various copies of Rhodels. He's going to see that scene ever the same way as the old eighteen basic rules of bouncing corn to Andrew. All right, we go back to it. Andrew did a good effort, a good effort. I'm wind about it. Okay, Andrew did a great effort. We're talking about the first ever movie oke movie oke. You say, yes, there's a song about it.
Speaker 12: I like to movie yoke. I like to movie Yoki. I like to movie yok movie.
Speaker 4: Ok all right, do you think you can recite a line or two from a movie? A scene? Nine four one O four three Glenn, good morning, Good morning, Chris.
Speaker 11: I know the words to the rehabilitation scene from Shorwshank Redemption. What a great movie, what an awesome one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the best movies of all time? Isn't it just a bad?
Speaker 11: Yes? And again VHS David D blu Ray and then they've just released it on four K, which I've got on order with JB.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's incredible. So you can do the which scene is that you're going to do for us?
Speaker 11: The rehabilitated scene? The third and final one just before he gets released.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's beautiful. Okay, tell him. We we'll put you back on hold o kay. We will get the scene ready for you, okay, just so we can play it back afterwards. But Glenn's stay there. Awesome, all right, So Glenn is going to do this is like karaoke. Now, Glenn's going to do short shank redemption. Mel what can you do?
Speaker 11: I think I can do Big Trouble Little China.
Speaker 4: That's so random. I love that. And which bit in that great movie with Kurt Russell, there's a bit where.
Speaker 14: Wang and Jacka have been held captive and their talk this David Loo Pain.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Okay, so you're ready to go with that next? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Glenn then is getting ready to do Shaw Shammadensha Male's going to do a scene from Big Trouble in Little China. Will come back with these two guys next.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Often we are making this show in front of your eyes and Tom I producers come running in breathlessly. So having trouble funding any clips on YouTube of Big Trouble in Little China. Everything's been uploaded.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of people still keeping that candle a light of a big trouble in little China. But we have got some short Sank Redemption to do for our first ever movie. Oke. I like to movie yoke.
Speaker 12: I like to movie. I like to movie Yoki, movie oke.
Speaker 4: What movie didn't he see so many times? You can almost do karaoke to a scene. That's what we're asking you. Let's get Glen back. He's about to take us to Shawshank Redemption, an amazing movie.
Speaker 11: Goo, good morning Christian.
Speaker 4: All right, we are excited. I've got a lot of faith in you.
Speaker 11: So this is the third same where he walk scene and the parole boards is your falsees You've served forty years of a life sentence. Do you feel you've been rehabilitated rehabilitated? Well, let me see now, you know, I don't have any idea what that means. Well, it means you're ready to rejoin society, as I know what you think it means, Sonny. To me, it's just a made up word, a politician's word, a word so young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job. What do you really want to know, am I sorry for what I did?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 11: Are you not? A day goes by? I don't feel regret, not because I'm in here or because you think I should. I look back at the way myself though I was a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I wish I could talk to him, talk some sense to him, tell him see the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone, and this old man does all that's left. I got to live with that rehabilitated. It's just a BS word. So you go on and stamp your form, Sonny, and stop wasting my time, because to tell you the truth, I don't give her and we'll leave it there.
Speaker 4: Well, wow, you have literally that was stunning.
Speaker 3: You've done more than we even again, did you to do what I have in front of me? You've doubled it?
Speaker 15: You did?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 4: It was incredible and close enough to a Morgan Freeman voice as well.
Speaker 11: Movie. I saw it when it came out on video first, and I have been hooked on it ever.
Speaker 3: Think how many times do you reckon? You've seen it?
Speaker 11: Lost camp, lost count As I said, I've got it on the original VHS that I bought back in ninety four. I've got the DVD A bit they released it on a Blu Ray special edition about fifteen years ago I think now, and fifteenth to September they released it on four K and I'm literally going to pick it up today from JB.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 4: I love this, Glenn, Honestly, this is amazing. It is in alsos Ickon. That is one of the greatest movies ever made. And anytime you watch it again, you know how it ends, you know the scenes, but it still moves you to tears sometimes. There are so many amazing, rewatchable scenes. The bit when when Nandy Frank gets into the prison Water's office and listens to that song he's got for him. What is just a couple of seconds of fleeting a kind of freedom?
Speaker 11: Everyone amazing, every man in Shure Shank felt free.
Speaker 14: Can you do that quote?
Speaker 4: Can you? Can you? Also? Do you know the bit at the end when is walking down the beach to go and see his old friend Andy. Can you do that last bit?
Speaker 11: He says that I can't wait to see the color of the ocean, and he says, I can't wait to meet my friend I wish And then it just slowly pains set him walking along the beach.
Speaker 4: I love that scene. It gives me goosebumps. Now we will send you an amazing prize because that was outstanding. If you just tuned in, Glen only just heard somebody else try to do this with a scene from Roadhouse and struggle a bit, and you happen to hear that and go, this is my moment. I've been waiting this. I can do this with Shawshank. You did that brilliantly. Well done. Thank you all right, buddy, take out a good weekend. This is the scene that Glenn just did.
Speaker 18: You feel you've been rehabilitated. Rehabilitated, well not, let me see you know. I don't have any idea what that means.
Speaker 16: Well, it means you're ready to rejoin society.
Speaker 4: I know what you think it means to me.
Speaker 16: It's just a made up word.
Speaker 18: The politicians were so the young fellas like this, if can wear a suit and a tie, have a job, what do you really want to know?
Speaker 4: Am I sorry for.
Speaker 14: What I did?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 18: I am as not a day goes by. I don't feel regret, not because I'm in here because you think I should.
Speaker 4: We don't, Glen. That was amazing. If you want to email me. If you want to try this next week, email me over the weekend. Where is there a scene in a movie you reckon? You could do as close to the movie as possible for our movie. Ok. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU, Glenn Welder, Paul A Brighter.
Speaker 1: No, you're listening to the Christian o'carll Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I haven't told high Noon Today Midday Today to submit my one hundred words to the Herald's Sun. They do in some article themed about the future of this great city and Victoria, how in the next five years we will become the biggest city in Australia, which is exciting and they're looking for people to come up with ideas, schemes, initiatives that they think will be great for the future of Victoria and Melbourne. And yesterday I was saying, look, why don't we narrow it down. Australia loves a giant thing. Okay, we need to become famous around the world and Australia for having a big, new giant thing. What is it? And we asked you yesterday, let's make it a big middle finger directed.
Speaker 14: At New South Wales.
Speaker 4: Roger Coome morning, I'm thinking of the biggest bunning sausage man, Pats Well, God can get cargo more than a joint.
Speaker 7: Ned Kelly, he would like the ruler of a Melbourne and he terrorized New South Wales as well.
Speaker 4: Peter, good morning.
Speaker 14: Well make everybody in Melbourne loved a bit of a pump and we have it. We've lost in Melbourne wheel. Why don't we just prip it on our side and turn it into what the world's just rule wheel?
Speaker 4: And where would you place it? At Lunar Park?
Speaker 15: We could make it a floating well or something. Mate, just put it out in the middle.
Speaker 14: Of the bay.
Speaker 4: So Jackieboy has actually got just so we know what the size that we're gonna have to go for to have Australia's biggest ones. I think if we do this, and I think we should do and I'm going to dedicate the whole the only one hundred words I've got on the Herald's Sun to just going big for this campaign to a giant something. But I need to say what it is. So Jacks found out the top five biggest things big big Things in Australia at.
Speaker 3: Five and number five the big buffalo living in Darwin, the Northern Territory. He's dubbed Lefty by the locals as one testicle is visibly bigger than the other. Big Buffalo comes in at nineteen meters tall.
Speaker 4: But already the chuckles about the giant testicle says maybe this thing, whatever it is that says some big old, it has to have a pair of clanckers with it, even if it's a sausage.
Speaker 3: At four, the Big Funnel Web in Jambaroo, New South Wales is twenty one meters tall funnel web spider that sits at the exit of Australia's largest water slide. And Number three the Big Barrel in Bunderberg, Queensland, a twenty five meter long barrel.
Speaker 4: Seeing that it is impressive. You've been to the Big Barrel, I've been to Bunderbog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, because it's a winery. That makes sense why you've been there. The Big Barrel is a winery.
Speaker 4: It's location to take in. How dare you a.
Speaker 3: Number two the Big Easel?
Speaker 4: Say again, the Big Easel. I don't know there's a giant easel.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it before today, but a giant to paint on it? Is a twenty five meter tall easel in tribute to Van Go's iconic sunflower painting living in Emerald, Queensland.
Speaker 4: Have I missed something? Was he from Australia? Vuangko? Why is a tribute to Wang?
Speaker 13: How?
Speaker 4: Where's the rembrand one? And it feels like I'm surprised, thinkt Go the for the Ear or something that would be more Australian. But a giant easel that's twenty five meters tall.
Speaker 3: Ven Go's Sunflower lives in a museum in Amsterdam. The guy who made the big easel is Canadian for some reason not stated why it lives in Emerald, Queenslands.
Speaker 4: Is what a country? What a country? And you've got submarines? Go figure, all right?
Speaker 18: What is it?
Speaker 4: Number one? The biggest big thing, bigger than the big easel.
Speaker 3: The biggest big thing in Australia is the big rig in i'ma Queensland a thirty meter tall oil rig to commemorate finding oil in the town, which it looks like they've just taken an old oil rig and stuck it next to a shd.
Speaker 4: I mean, great news, you found oil, right, great news. However, when you think about oil rigs, you never look at one. I think it'd be great to have one on lands, so act just pay homage to the They look hideous, right, this is why Melbourne needs to step in now. So thirty meters is that oil rigging? That's the biggest thing thing? So what do we think we go for forty or fifty?
Speaker 3: That's pretty big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You know, where's this go thirty one?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no no, because they'n easily someone else will find about with thirty three on the oil beat us. Yeah exactly, So do we go thirty five?
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's bigger by five meters thirty five minutes to.
Speaker 4: Compare it to something to do with the mcg or a tramlet? What about forty? Yeah? Yeah, I don't know. Do you know what the giant thing is? By the way, Yeah? So cool in Now, I've got till midday today to hit the Herald Song with my one hundred words about why Melbourne needs a giant thing and what it needs to be.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 11: Yeah hi Christian, my name is Craig. How are you going?
Speaker 19: I love your show. I just have a suggestion in relation to improving Melbourne. We should have an ever lasting Fountain of Victoria bit of that Federation Square where people can come and take all their glasses, cups, mugs or whatever and congregate socially distancing of course, and enjoy. Ah, take care and I love your show.
Speaker 4: By thanks buddy. I love that an ever lasting fountain of endless spear Wow, wee people would flock fall over the moor. It feels like a vision that Homer Simpson would have had in a fever, or even what heaven might be like an everlasting fountain.
Speaker 3: Bring the whole family down to Federation Square.
Speaker 4: All right, we need to build something big. So midday today and we're setting off my one hundred words to this Herald Sun special. As you talk about the future of Victoria and Melbourne, as we head towards in the next five years becoming Australia's biggest city, they're asking for ideas, initiative schemes. I think we double down on constructing Australia's biggest big thing. Lots of great big things all over Australia. Someone quite random, as you've discovered this morning, what should Melbourne house something big at least forty meters high.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know how high forty meters is than.
Speaker 4: Any giant thing in Australia from the feet to the top of the torch.
Speaker 3: The Statue of Liberty is forty six meters.
Speaker 4: Is anyone else getting excited? Sounds right?
Speaker 3: So when we build the big Warning or whatever it is, he's going to be statue of remedy size.
Speaker 4: Yes, Christian can't call it at the moment. My suggestions have the biggest coffee cup in the Southern Hemisphere. Everything has to be bigger this counture, doesn't it in the Southern hemmer for it now, but also make it functional by having cafes in there. But he's been two or three stories high, so you could drink your brew and have a nice view. Actually, Judy, that's very good. Some of the ones we had yesterday A giant Shane warn love that.
Speaker 3: That's why that's the front runner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really think this is a good idea. It's cross legged like a Buddha. You know, he's smiling there.
Speaker 3: You come and rub his tummy for good luck.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, I think we've read those stories. You know, he rubbing Warning his tummy. Someone might say it's not necessarily involves good luck. Yeah, So a giant Shane warn Also a giant Sharon. That's a good idea. Yeah, I do like that. I did like this one. A giant truck stunt permanently and a Montague Street bridge that is so funny. A giant MRV Hughes just to tash, a giant smashed avo on toast. Let's go to lines now, Jackie, good morning mine.
Speaker 5: You know, I think we should have a giant force to celebrate us being the home of horse racing in the Melbourne Club. And the good thing about that is if you convert that into hands, it's about three hundred and ninety three thousand hands by American. Anyone's going to top that.
Speaker 3: That's an imposing horse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is all right, Jackie. You one driving at the moment. What do you do, Jackie?
Speaker 5: No, sorry, I work. I work in agriculture, so it's right up my ali.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, Jackie, thank you very much. You cool, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 14: Thank you to you. Babe.
Speaker 4: Die good morning, hello Die. What do you think we need a giant what's it going to be?
Speaker 20: I think we're the sporting capital of Australia. Is not the world Christian so I think we need to have like a giant cricket bat on one side of the era, and on the other side of the era we have a giant tennis racket. And then going across from one side to the other is like a tennis ball, a footy, any other sport ball, cricket ball that you can think of that goes across the arrow, goes up forty something meters whatever high you need. And we could also turn it into a bridge if we needed to.
Speaker 4: About visionaries tiny what about this? Could the cricket be the bridge you walk across.
Speaker 20: The It could be it could be, yeah, the bat bridge, the that.
Speaker 4: Bridge fridge, Yeah, the bat bridge.
Speaker 20: And then you can have all the balls and everything attached to it somehow so that it sparkles in the night and right in the in the in the Sporting Priestinct part of Melbourne across the Ara there. I think people would come from miles and miles a mile take.
Speaker 3: That Sydney Harbour Bridge. You have a cricket bat with a whole lot of different sporting balls.
Speaker 4: And sparkles at night, and.
Speaker 20: At each end you could have like a tennis racket kind of like you know how the Sydney Harbor Bridge has got the pillars. You can have a giant. As I was waiting online, I kept getting a bigger and bigger idea.
Speaker 4: It's pretty you're a visionary. Your hang goff. This is amazing. Die, have a lovely weekend. Thank you for your ideas. No Victoria, Melbourne, Thanks you, John. Good morning John. What's better than a cricket bat bridge? What have you got for us?
Speaker 11: Look?
Speaker 17: A giant bluefin tuna?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Can I need a bit more than that? My friend?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 4: Why and where?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 17: A giant blue fin tuna is on the bucket list of most trailer boat fishermen in Victoria to catch the over one hundred kilos. My biggest is one hundred and thirty three kilo And to catch a fish like that is a real hallmark for fishermen. And to see a giant bluefin tuna just gets the blood racing up right.
Speaker 4: Now, my friend, a little bit of round one hundred and thirty kino bluefin tuna? How do you get it out there? See something as heavy as that, it doesn't want to.
Speaker 17: Come out well. Usually usually on my boat, there's usually three or four of us on board and we've got to. Once we get it to the boat, we're going to use gas and ropes to pull it on board. And it's one hell of a job pulling a fish out size over the side of the boat.
Speaker 3: I thought you had to cast the fish.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make it very fair.
Speaker 17: Well, it's a very you will understand it. It is a very pleasant pastime because as I'm trolling trying to catch the tuna, I'm sitting there drinking my sam pell and Greno Tornado.
Speaker 4: You've painted a great scene for all of us.
Speaker 17: Well, as you probably recall, I've got a bit three and a half years with Chennaio sitting at home.
Speaker 4: Lucky man, Lucky man, do record coming back? John going only up there he is right, Captain Nemo s thank you very much.
Speaker 11: There we go.
Speaker 4: We've that too much of that, basically because John likes a blue in tuna. All demonstratation like one. All right, which giant thing are we going to go with?
Speaker 3: Caridge, Let's take.
Speaker 1: A break look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much all these amazing suggestions of what giant thing should we have here in Melbourne that's bigger than any other giant thing in Australia. I've got until mid day to day just a bit my idea along with other people that are doing this for this Herald Sun special about the future of Victorian Melbourne. What does it need? So we whittled it down to three. We have to pick one of these by nine. I've got this deadline for midday. So the three that we really like from all of your suggestions, aren't We love Justin's idea of the giant Shane warn And our vision of this is it is seriously cross legged like a wise budder enigmatic do love dies amazing visionary idea of the cricket bat bridge so across the Yarra down at the Sporting PRESSCT. So the cricket bat is the bridge yep, taking you over to the Hannow Turf towards the mcg and all those other sporting avenue arenas over there. And then what was it? Was there a giant bat and balls?
Speaker 3: You wanted balls floating off the side of the bridge. She also wanted tennis racket pillars at either end of the bridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she was high on something. And then Roger the giant bunnings snack. This is a great idea too. So we're asking you now to vote if you go to our Facebook page. Yeah, if you're to our Facebook page. By nine, we need to have announced the winner. I say winner. I announced it like it's actually going to happen. Now I need to pick the thing that I'm going to waste hundred words in the old somewhere asking for a giant megathing. So go and vote at Christian O'Connell's show. You'll find us on Facebook. Patsy, which one are you going to vote for? Let's take our let's count our votes now.
Speaker 2: It's really hard, but I think I might go the bridge. I'm coming around to the footbridge. The tennis record and the cricket reck.
Speaker 11: I do like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is the envy of the world, that sporting precinct. There are amazing sports stadiums all over Wheld, but not as many that are all around there, Jackie boy.
Speaker 3: Your vote goes to can't go past the Giant Shane Warn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my money is on the Mega warm.
Speaker 3: I'm craving one of those budding sausages because they haven't had the tent set up for a while. But I can't go past the giant Warning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, have your vote now then at the Christian O'Connell's show on Facebook. Now then we've picked up a listener in the last couple of weeks. I think he actually started tuning in a couple of weeks ago in Lockdown in Sydney. I called him the junior listener, Charles, and we do an occasional feature on the show called the Song Detectives where you can leave us a voice message if you're trying to remember what a song is and you've only got like you can hum it, or you might know the odd look that how it sounds, and we will ask you guys to see if you can guess what the song is. You are the Song Detectives. Here is young Charles.
Speaker 21: Hi Christian.
Speaker 4: My name is Charlie.
Speaker 21: You've probably remembered me from all those email as I sent you. I rang up this station trying to leave a voicemail to the Song Detectives, but nice man to send you a quick email with an audio file and oh, sing slash hum the song for you. Excuse the ordinary voice.
Speaker 13: Hot hotter.
Speaker 21: Anyway, that's the song. It's on the tip of my tongue. I just can't quite find the right song.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that age we just run everywhere? Is he on the run on the lamb?
Speaker 15: Right now?
Speaker 4: Hand yourself in junior listener, Charles, you did used to have a pace of your getting somewhere, run around school corridors. I was running everywhere. You get older, all right? Can we help out our junior listener Charlie.
Speaker 1: Boy Christian o'connells Show Podcast.
Speaker 13: HoTT Voicett.
Speaker 4: That's great? All right? What's the song Amanda? You reckon? You know, Amanda? What do you think it is? It's Nick Kurshew.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't it be good?
Speaker 4: Great song? This one?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you get it straight away?
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 20: Yeah, We listened to Gold all the time, so me and my colleague worked it together, working on this.
Speaker 4: They really know Cagli and Lacey there.
Speaker 3: Shift, I'll work the morning, Good Cop, Bad.
Speaker 4: Cop, Charlie Boye, Charlie boy the detectives, Caglin, Lacey, Amanda and a may of what's your friend? Colleague?
Speaker 15: Are you working with Karna?
Speaker 4: Okay? Karna and Amanda crack the case? Charlie Singer. This is actually made by week left excutiful all right, Amanda, thank you very much, have a great weekend. We'll send you a prize.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Case closed.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Now is a good time for you and nice to say goodbye and you head into the weekend and enjoy the shows we had this week. Because Jack and I are frantically panicing the moment because I'm looking at my time wasters. Genuinely, they suck. These are not good. It's been a nice show this week. Let's just let's just say goodbye to our friends listening right now, come back Monday. Don't please. I beg you retune. Retune the radio now. I do not want you to listen. Retune at nine o'clock. Hug, you will be here. Please stop listening now. Let's embrace the suck. The story is interesting, then once the story ends, this is interesting. Anyone else see anything going wrong with this? Scientists from Harvard have raised fifteen million dollars to revive the wooly mammoths that went extinct four thousand years ago? Why do this? Seriously?
Speaker 3: Did Jurassic Park teach us nothing exactly?
Speaker 4: Isn't there enough chaos in the world right now than doing that? We've got no business.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 4: Panty used the preserved dnag of the first calves with the next six years and then restore them to their natural habitat in the Arctic tundra is already started. Get a bit boring, Helpni, and the comedy hasn't even started.
Speaker 3: All right, what are we so they're going to only be in the Arctic? Wow, we can't even see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean, what's to stop them moving?
Speaker 11: If that?
Speaker 4: If el mammoth wants to get on a big ice glass and then float across suddenly, is that our batbridge here in the yarraw chaos en shoes? All right? So today the time waster now that scientists are cloning willy mammoths is prehistory movies. I'm not sure that the prehistory period of time is that funny looking at these all right, prehistory movies. Throw mammoth from the train.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. Silver Pass.
Speaker 4: Everyone loved the rom com while you were sleeping. The prehistory version is while you were evolving. And this is where it tells down fifty first carbon dates. Silver dude, where's my wheel? Come on? Someone invents it?
Speaker 3: Gold?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and everyone loves Tom Green movies, right yeah, Freddie Flintstone got fingered.
Speaker 22: No, I think on any other day, you wouldn't have allowed that to go to where desperate.
Speaker 4: That's my plea in court, jack What have you got to save us?
Speaker 3: Prehistory movies, Tricerah, top Gun.
Speaker 4: Today. Yeah, we'd go with that. You can have a bronze.
Speaker 3: They don't get much better than that twelve Angry cavemnting. We loved ant Man Will, we love Anthropology Man Silver, We love the Blues Brothers where we love the Primordial Ooze Brothers.
Speaker 4: That's gold, that's gold. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jackie Boy, how's the voting going up? My remind everyone? What are the three things? These are your ideas? You've come up with a giant thing to be the biggest one in Australia. You think about Australia. The's all kinds of giant things all around this country. We did a new one here that we're famous for. That's bigger of course.
Speaker 3: You know the big bun, big pineapple. Would you like to see in Melbourne, the big Shane Warn, the big Bunning snag or the big cricket bat bridge that spans the Yarrow River and get you into the sporting precinct. So far neck and neck between the big bunning snag and the cricket bat warning's trailing behind.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 4: All right, so another fifteen minutes so were announced Your winner time Wastairs, prehistoric movies, Jurassic Arc what's the movie Jurassic Park?
Speaker 3: No, No, what's.
Speaker 4: You're right?
Speaker 3: What's the ark bit o? Storic?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Prehistoric?
Speaker 3: Oh I thought that Jurassic was the prehistoric man nowhere.
Speaker 4: They're not going to put in existing move Bronze, Bronze for you, Big Mammoth's House.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: What's the movie?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 4: Rock rock and two smoking volcanoes. Bronze, Catch me amurs if you can Silver, nice try Richard Edwards stonehands Gold, Tanya, that's very good. Dinosaurs who stare at goats Gold. I can have one of them for lunch. Cavemen can't jump Gold, Mandy moo, Lawrence of just putting brackets here, cave man talk, well done, thank you, thank you, went on sharp. We were a great team. Born on the fourth of July two thousand BC.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: That's clever, johnah, very clever, Neander thor Gold Hen it's worth to say cave man Aaron, Oh No, that's not just now. I don't know why I'm yelling that Aaron, wake up, mate. We gotta go Cone and the historian silver. When Harry met scaly Gold, what on stew when Harry.
Speaker 3: Met ug bronze?
Speaker 4: Should have done the cave man boys? Damn? I ruined that. Uh good Wilma hunting.
Speaker 3: Wilma from Flintstone.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sorry, someone is heading into fry.
Speaker 3: That's actually clever clever.
Speaker 4: Sugar, Hello, good will hunting and gathering.
Speaker 3: We heard a good will hunting one Bronze.
Speaker 4: That's another one. It's not Julie's faum. She's texting him when she takes him taking out on them because you get the old tireds bron Oh sticking mine.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I've just asked Jack to fake the vote results. Refused the first time, and three he's actually refused to serve the Actually that I don't thinking as if we're dealing with returning the vote for a key who sent it post. Sorry, Christian, that's very comfortable with that.
Speaker 3: I saw what happened with America and that's so god stolen election.
Speaker 4: I don't want to stop the stop the I told him, just announce the winner as to. But it's it why I went. Doesn't I just say that come Monday left forgot about it all its refuse Patsy to fake the votes.
Speaker 2: He's got to uphold the honest.
Speaker 4: Come on, guys, you can't fake something on radio. What's the world come to? Guys? All right? First of all, then before we announce the giant one and it looks like.
Speaker 3: He is coming back, is he quick?
Speaker 4: Get on that Facebook page and vote for the giant megaworna. I'll have to fake it. Don't make me do that. Go to our Facebook page. The Christian O'Connell Show cool a week thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick one if you gets a thousand dollars awesome calls this week, guys, thank you so much Mercedes Benz Berrick, one hundred percent here for you. That is good at them. Just give him a call, just have a chat. Anyway. I'm not going to call Jay, so I'm on a bit of a nightmare of the moment. I've built this ikea desk to somebody around, Thank you for me, one hundred percent here for me.
Speaker 3: If you can build a cake, you can build a desk.
Speaker 4: Send one of the old grease monkeys around. Can you with that little wheelie thing they lie down? Bring that fu have it done in seconds? Anyway, Mercedes Ben's one hundred percent here for you online or over the phone, so you can email them if you got an issue as well. Anyway, some of our favorite called.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, Christian O'Connell show, well.
Speaker 4: Hello Cora. What's your game changing idea for Melbourne and Victoria?
Speaker 17: Jason, Let's make it a big middle finger directed at you South Wales.
Speaker 4: Sounds out there now, positioning it towards Gladys Just all right, what happened at the funeral? Judy?
Speaker 7: Good morning with COVID Times and then look, you know Dave was a big man, so he had the extra large coffin and and so we get to the grave side and there's only four handles on the coffin. Then so we get to the grave and we start to lower him down and then you get over the first hump and then you actually have to lift to get up a second So we've almost just shoved him in the as gone in all basically, and lucky we didn't lose my stepdad in the.
Speaker 14: Hall as well.
Speaker 4: But we're looking for your ste worries about the mcg craig my.
Speaker 15: Memory of the MCG. I was a policeman working inside security and.
Speaker 14: Hoping that no one would run on the ground.
Speaker 11: They did.
Speaker 15: They did, so IM off after him and I couldn't catch him because I was.
Speaker 19: Fifty one years away.
Speaker 14: One of the young boys actually caught him.
Speaker 20: I was in hereld So the next day and they showed a photo of.
Speaker 15: The copper flying immdiot catching it?
Speaker 4: Were you in the background, Sordiers catching hibout this bitch?
Speaker 3: I was a long way out of focus.
Speaker 4: Dave, what have you found?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 14: Maybe it was my dad. He moved into a place and decided to rip up the carpet and lo and.
Speaker 15: Behold, found ten thousand dollars gash under the carpet.
Speaker 4: What did he do? Then?
Speaker 11: He brought himself a new camry.
Speaker 1: Christ Jan O'Connell show Caller of the Week.
Speaker 4: So many great stories this week, really really funny stories. We could have a five or ten minutes for some of your stories this week. Going to go with this guy's breathing heaviny on theline and already still catching his breath from trying to catch that guy.
Speaker 15: Craig, Yes, I am breathing here. Awesome awesome. That was that's fantastic you re buddy.
Speaker 4: Honestly, well you made us, you made our week. Honestly, you said a lot of people up with that funny story. So you've won a thousand dollars.
Speaker 14: Oh that is just amazing.
Speaker 15: It's got I'll share it with my family during those trying times.
Speaker 4: Good for you, Craig. And who is your family? You got kids, your wife? Who you're going to share it with, buddy, Yeah, well not.
Speaker 15: The wife, Oh no, she's listening now. With the kids. It's hat kids. So we'll share it out between us and maybe by an ida support the independent independent grossers. Why not.
Speaker 4: You're a good man, Craig. Thank you so much for sharing your story this week. It was really funny and he told it so well. You deserve your money, Craig. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 15: And I voted for the lady with the bridge. I think the cricket I reckon it's.
Speaker 4: Taking the money back. Unless you say you vote for the giants, maybe they won't take it on the boats. Craig, good eye. Thanks, have a great weekend.
Speaker 15: Thanks Christian, Thanks Cold I appreciate that very much.
Speaker 4: Pleasure and thanks to Mercedes Benz Bury one hundred percent there for you guys. Alrighty, So midday to day I got submit my one hundred words about what this city, this Victorian needs in the next five years as we head towards becoming the biggest city in Australia. We're saying it's a giant, mega thing, the biggest giant thing in all of Australia. From your suggestions, we whittled it down to three. The top three were.
Speaker 3: Shane Warn, Bunning Snag and a cricket bat bridge.
Speaker 4: Now before we go to win, a notable new ideas is coming in red Christian. What about a big penguin standing next to the current Melbourne staff with its flipper raised as if it's going to spin the wheel? The Melbourne star blods could be numbered to make it look more authentic. How can anything like a giant extra pointless?
Speaker 3: Will I wouldn't have believed that until I saw the numbers there. That is legit.
Speaker 4: Christian? What about a we Love Timmy was the winner on Who's gone to Christian? A giant golden statue of Dean box cell humping a handrail as you drive it to the city Golden. I'm not sure about that. But thank you Stevie. All right, Jackie boy, what is the thing all right?
Speaker 3: With forty three percent of the votes, the cricket bat bridge was officially the highest voted for big thing.
Speaker 4: Well done, Die. It's a great idea. So down the sporting precinct a bridge would take you over the hour. It's a cricket bat bridge, that's right, and it might have tennis racket involved.
Speaker 3: The tennis rackets were the pillars at either end of the bridge, like you know, the city A really good idea. Yeah, and then she won't dangling from it, balls flying around, tennis, ball, football sort of coming off the cricket bat bridge, so that every sport is represented.
Speaker 4: Wow, and now sounds like that Abba hologram shirt. We're going to be building there and I fit that and undred words people going to read there and something that that guy is insane? What's he talking about? All this just loses it makes no sense now if it was a giant Shane warn we're to put that front.
Speaker 3: These are of a bad man.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend everyone. We are back Monday morning. You count down next week to the Grand Final. Thanks for listening, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the christian O Carls Show podcast.