Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Weekend Jack Post. Good morning guys, Patsy.
Speaker 1: Mum, we made it. We're here. It's Friday. What mum, But I actually don't know what that was?
Speaker 4: Hear me? When of your langham lunches?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Start the weekend dirty? No? All right?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's sendyone up to this weekend? What are you and Gordy and bankrupt to?
Speaker 5: I guess Gordie's had a weird night overnight, so we're going to watch him closely and see if he goes back in his room tonight. He had his first nightmare.
Speaker 4: So did you have to be ancrupted going?
Speaker 5: I've just been talking to Bianca this morning and said what happened last night? She left at about two thirty and never came back again. She said a chicken monster and a shadow monster were in his room. He was so terrified. We couldn't find anything, so we had to look in every room of the house till he was satisfied that they were.
Speaker 3: Do you know what when the girls started to have those, part of me to them to keep talking so I could make notes. These are great ideas for horror moones stop.
Speaker 4: So like what happened next? Hang on, let me get my notebook. Describe the chicken Lightston.
Speaker 3: So the shadow monster and the chicken. Are they working together or are they opposing forces? There's so much going on here you can build a whole multi verse out of this.
Speaker 4: How sweet is this?
Speaker 5: Then after they looked in every room, but they didn't because that was still sleeping in the main bedroom. He said, is data safe?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: Wow, you don't need to worry about him. He's always safe.
Speaker 4: So yeah, do you have an arrangement?
Speaker 3: I mean, sar and I had to like because of these hours, the first time.
Speaker 5: He's actually been sleeping has been one of the things we've not really had to worry about.
Speaker 4: This is and I.
Speaker 5: Remember mental stage, and I remember I actually remember getting terrible night me and being really scared.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: I was terrified that the robber was going to come through the window all of that.
Speaker 3: Remember did you used to have the landing night on?
Speaker 4: I have the whole day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you remember everything suddenly you just went through a face and suddenly everything in your bedroom could ski? Yes, I remember for a while for a couple of weeks, my poor my parents. My dad was like a shift oker, and it's just like tired about now. And I would just run down that clock, just checking about the light switches. I thought, you know the two screws you get other side of the switch. I thought there were eyes looking at me. Start thinking that light switch is good.
Speaker 4: It becomes such you would have more of this than.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for him because you can only say so many times like it's just a dream, no, it wasn't real.
Speaker 4: And then suddenly I remember.
Speaker 3: So for years, Christmas time would be really exciting that santage while he was asleep, Santa comes to the house and then suddenly one one run to Christmas is like just tears about that. So when Santa's not come down anymore, and I would drive to a nearby car park to reassure the girls. During the day, I meet him here right by this Italian restaurant, right. I literally would drive there and go so I'll get out and he eat the slaves there and then and all the other moms and dads are here as well. But here I go, but I bring it in clouncy, so he's not coming in the house or just like breaking in.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, I've had a word with him.
Speaker 5: I distinctly remember being prod of the same thing. I guess my dad said to get us to sleep on Christmas Eve because they're so giddy. It's like you got to get to sleek as Santa will come. And what if you're awake and he.
Speaker 4: Sees you in the night he doesn't drop the present.
Speaker 5: It's like, what if that's a possibility. He's actually going to be walking around in my room?
Speaker 3: Yes, something strange you'd never met. Wait, while I'm sleeping, he's watching me? Yeah, how could any keep sleep sleep through that? What are you watch to this weekend?
Speaker 4: Pat?
Speaker 1: It's mum's taxi this weekend?
Speaker 6: Or he's starting this stage course thing over your way actually in Brighton's what it called. It's stage school and they're doing like an.
Speaker 1: Acting workshop for six weeks.
Speaker 4: She's starting.
Speaker 6: So if you got any ideas of any good cafes or something for lunch, because I've got like two hours.
Speaker 3: And Brian, yeah, I don't go to Brighton, come over my way to ham and you'll save about ten bucks on a coffy really yes, yeaheah, unless you're earning kind of jud money. That's the kind of currency you get over Bright and come over Hampton. Yes, yeah, all right, coming up next time we do double thumbs up. This is where every Friday we go around the team when we talk about the things that we're enjoying.
Speaker 2: This week the Christian O'Connell Show podcasts.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Friday morning, we're doing double thumbs up. This is where we go around the team we talk about the things that we've enjoyed at the moment. All right, two things from me. First of all is a new Apple TV show. There are two good Apple TV shows at the moment that loads Severance is one of them. But I really enjoyed the Studio we were talking about a couple of weeks ago. I've just finished it. Really good, fun half hour episodes, really really really made me laugh, very smart observations about the movie business as well.
Speaker 4: It's great and.
Speaker 5: You want to chat to somebody about it, chatter be angw she watched it all without me. I imagine you've got that behind. As soon as soon as I missed the start of an episode with her, I might as well not catch up. She's so fast.
Speaker 3: And the other thing I've really enjoying is John how new show as well Your Friends and Neighbors that is very very good. And then because I spent a lot of time on planes the last two weeks back, I went back home to England over the US to break.
Speaker 4: I've watched a lot of movies.
Speaker 3: I watched the new Killian Murphy movie Small Things, which just you know, emotions are raised up high in the sky. You watch any rom com that might make you laugh maybe give you the fields when you watch it here on uth up there, it's a big thing. It's a sad here planet. Up there, emotions are elevator along with us. Right, and I watched this It's a really sad irish movie anyway with Killian Murphy.
Speaker 4: But up there it brought me. I makes really sad movie.
Speaker 3: This is It's a beautiful movie. It's very very good. It's only like an hour and a half. However, the movie I really loved is a gearhard Butler.
Speaker 4: You know Jared Butler. He now makes a lot of movies that are straight.
Speaker 3: To d You've got my friend Straight to planes, Straight are streaming, cut out A plus and Tom Cruise. You could learn something rather make all those billions, do what Jerah Butler, does you go straight to the consumer, straight to you found? Anyway, he made a movie about seven years ago called Den of Thieves Right Cop and Robert cat and Mouse Game, and it was good fun.
Speaker 4: I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I'm scrolling through all the movies that I can watch on the fourteen hour flight heading back to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: I see Den of Thieves two.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's two and a half hours, two enough hours. They think this is what two and a half hours. It's not school saying it's in the Irish and two and a half hours for the second one, which is mysteriously called Den of Thieves two Colon Pantera it is that a heavy metal band? Does he infiltrate them? So anyway, I watched this movie and genuinely the most enjoyable movie I've seen. I loved it. I absolutely loved it. At one bot why, I said, what are you watching?
Speaker 4: What are you watching?
Speaker 3: I said, well, we're going to be landing in about half an hour, but just watch the last half an hour of this Den of thes too, because I don't even know what it's about.
Speaker 4: I told him five seconds what the plot is? Okay? She watched the I love a heist movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll watch, and this is one of the top five heist movies I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: The heist scene is really really smart.
Speaker 3: Not seen some of that before, actually a genuinely original take on a high scene. And then there's this car chase afterwards that is incredible.
Speaker 5: So good do you think we have to watch Denn f The's one.
Speaker 4: That's a joy.
Speaker 3: But I genuinely just really really enjoyed it. Now this week I've been catching up with Rio and we were talking about how good the Accountant is because I hadn't seen that, and I saw that on the plane as well. Now, Rio, I have an invitation for you this weekend. Okay, I'm so convinced because people might think, look, maybe it was in the plane and you just had like forteen hours to field.
Speaker 4: Is Den of Thieves two Pantera that good?
Speaker 3: I have just transferred ten pounds to cover the rental of Den of Thieves two on Apple TV. Make you okay, but you need to watch it this weekend. I'm now going to give you fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: This is yours. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: If you don't like the movie, you keep it. If you come in Monday, and you go, I love this movie. I'm relying on the honesty you give me about the mate. It's a deposit on how good Dan, deposit on happiness. Yes, I am accept I'm an honest man and I accept. Yes, all right, So if I get it back, I know whether or not you liked it, Dan, of these two Pantera go to their business with you, Sir.
Speaker 2: Christian Connor Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connor's show, we're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team till about the things we're really enjoying at the moment. Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 1: Yes, blessed be the fruit.
Speaker 6: Finally, The Handmaid's Tale six, the final season is out on SBS and I am loveing it.
Speaker 4: It's still great.
Speaker 6: Oh my, Elizabeth Moss is so incredible. I've been like salivating waiting for this to come out, and with the actors strike and everything, it.
Speaker 1: Was held back like a lot of shows.
Speaker 6: It's finally here and it's almost like I want to save every single morsel, and I really like strategically plan when.
Speaker 1: I'm going to watch it. The house has to be empty, it has to just be me there with no.
Speaker 4: Can't I just go in another room.
Speaker 6: Something else, shopping whatever. But I need the telly to myself because I want to just lap up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, loving it, Loving.
Speaker 4: It is the whole season?
Speaker 5: Or are they doing week by week?
Speaker 1: Week by week week?
Speaker 3: Don't you get it rashly annoyed at them? Don't treat me like a kid. I can control my impulses.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Controlling otherwise you'd ruin it.
Speaker 3: You just do two days and it's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like going to pay it off.
Speaker 6: Though, Well there's another one coming. Apparently there's spin off coming after this one. So until the next yeah, the next series. Like this, this series will be finished, but there's like a spin off on the way, so that at least gives me hope of it's not the end of the road, Yes for Gilliad. The other thing this week is, you know, I love a jocutery board. I might just have stumbled across the very best fig paste that ever.
Speaker 1: Exists in the world. I thought, some props, No, this is incredible.
Speaker 4: So it is so paste. It is so lovely with cheese and some meats.
Speaker 6: The place where I go, which is corked in Werriby our local sort of cheese bar.
Speaker 1: So good you can't you mean cheese and wine?
Speaker 3: Is it actually just what you go and ask for a listen. I'm driving, so I've got to take it easy on the destinate driver. Nothing too strong. I just have some eat shopp down.
Speaker 1: It is a cheese and wine bar.
Speaker 6: But it's so good you can't get it in the shops. I actually got them to get me a jar in.
Speaker 4: So how does that help the rest of us?
Speaker 1: Just anyone can go on wine and get it.
Speaker 4: Just a normal sort of muggle, massive big jar.
Speaker 1: Right, it's really it's nine hundred grams. Got this before Easter. Look how much is left? There's like a sceric legs.
Speaker 3: We didn't put you pouring that like two big lead to sort of jug you've.
Speaker 4: Got of it.
Speaker 1: We all love it.
Speaker 4: It's clearly there's only a left teppered.
Speaker 1: Fig taste a paste, not taste.
Speaker 3: You have a taste.
Speaker 1: We can by it if we want online, go on line.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you all. Oh my god, it smells like a fine claret smell.
Speaker 1: Smell smell, just have.
Speaker 3: A smell's going to glass me with them?
Speaker 6: It's fine musty, do you trust me. I brought some lavoch look at don't screw.
Speaker 1: Your face up. Look have a taste.
Speaker 3: Why don't you going to Jack first? Just a little bit scared? That fell him up for the day. By the way, baby birds about eight calories.
Speaker 4: And that's really good? Is it? You?
Speaker 3: Cheese?
Speaker 4: Cheese?
Speaker 1: But it is beautiful.
Speaker 6: So if you love a securitary, it's peppered big paste.
Speaker 1: On the north side is the brand.
Speaker 6: If you go online, it's a dragon and it's in a beautiful big jar. Guarantee. It's gorgeous. In toasted sandwiches, it's a bit too tarty.
Speaker 1: It is tardy. You need the cheese, you.
Speaker 3: Need like a triple Well, why do I need to bring the cheese the party?
Speaker 4: Did you ever know you were bringing in jam?
Speaker 3: Now? I didn't know it's a cheese party. It would have brought some.
Speaker 1: So good it's going on everything, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And carry on eating. It's always nice. Sounds really good on a microphone. Jack most of my time.
Speaker 5: But I'll quickly say how much I love Conclave, a movie that I would never think to what except for obviously it's so relevant. Right now we're about to go into at the Conclave to choose the new Pope in Italy very soon. It was such a great movie.
Speaker 3: Fascinating, isn't it. Ray Fines is such a great Ray Fines is it incredible? But I checked out the guy Robert Harris is his name, who wrote the book Conclave a few years ago, then they turned it into a film. And now making my way through his back catalog.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've read loads of stuff. He's about the Roman Empire. Yes, Cicero.
Speaker 5: That's my next oneat trilogy about Cicero. I think I've stumbled upon my new favorite genre, which is historical fiction.
Speaker 3: You are entering prime dad, middle age. It didn't happen to I was about forty two. You're doing it prematurely, but just something changes in your DNA. Will you start to feel the urge to read historical novels written like.
Speaker 4: A great fiction book.
Speaker 5: This stuff really all.
Speaker 4: The period details.
Speaker 5: So the one I'm halfway through at the moment is Precipice. Well, this is about the UK Prime Minister on the eve of World War One, on what he's done. He's had an affair and he's sharing secrets with his lover.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's brilliant, isn't it so good? Oh my god, you love them. He's written loads of them. POMPEII.
Speaker 3: He's doing a whole series on Pompei, which is very very good. Cicero is brilliant.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connall Show podcast