Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 1: Jack saw somebody do something. It's still actually boiling on this by the way, I saw a messing with shoe Yesterday's still going on about it. Jack saw something with his very own eyes, and it is why we now do this thing called food freaks. What did you see A good friend of ours is a lovely guy shodoo last week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I maintain that he put chewing in his mouth or a mint and then ordered a coffee, and while he was chewing the mint, he was drinking a coffee, making a disgusting minty coffee taste. He's actually asked the cafe if they have security footage of the morning in her hope of clearing his name.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we want to know, are you a food freak? What is this strange or unusual thing you do with food? Never a food freak, food freak?
Speaker 3: Bad food is freak air.
Speaker 4: I had a brother in law who always caught spatter on the top of his leak pie.
Speaker 5: I rapped the top of the red frog on my top lips to work with a bike who would take he would really fill the chicken with chocolate. Big it's the.
Speaker 1: Love going on their rio lot going on there. Rick James, all right, No. Four one four four three food freaks, Chris, I eat sandwiches from the outside in. Eat that circumference first, and get rid of that lame crust of nibbling around the edges. Alex Donnelly. I turn the fork upside down in my mouth. When it's deep enough for the food not to spill on my lap, I turn it upside down, back rotate. I don't know why I do this.
Speaker 3: I don't really understand.
Speaker 1: So if he's turning the fork upside down, what's the right well, you know everyone knows how the right web the fork. It's like a shop, it isn't it. The food sits on top.
Speaker 3: I thought it was more polite to put it down, Yeah, because I thought we were meant to poke the food, keep it down, and then put it in your mouth.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, Kirsty Christian. When ain't can nuggets, I like to bite around the edges and then peeed off the skin. Oh, I eat the skin then the chicken. Okay, Annibal Lecter.
Speaker 3: We're not meant to see what's in the chicken.
Speaker 1: Just pop it in and hope for the best nine four one four one o four three. Good morning, Christine, Good morning guys.
Speaker 6: I am a food freak. I buy chicken twisties and open them up and lay them out overnight so that and eat them the next day when they're stale.
Speaker 1: I love this, Christine, I love them so much.
Speaker 3: Lay them out as well, not even wore the mountain makes it sound like you do it by chip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are. They arranged or just laid out flat.
Speaker 6: They've got to be flat because if there's any covered or not flat, they'll still be crispy and fresh the next day, which is no good.
Speaker 1: How did you chance upon this that they taste better slightly stale when they've been Darrow say, oxidized.
Speaker 6: I'm not really sure. I would imagine there were some left out overnight after some sort of an occasion, and.
Speaker 1: I just one occasion that would have been when there were twisties that, oh, ambassador, you're spoiling us with these twisties here.
Speaker 3: So you can never really eat on impulse then, because that's what I love about a bag of chips is like go to the cabin. You have to plan ahead twenty four hours.
Speaker 6: Occasionally, some sneak in when I'm laying them out, but it's not worth it. They're much better sale.
Speaker 1: But some foods are better slightly stale. Like you can leave pizza overnight. You ever done that where you didn't even close the lid and you see in the morning, I just eat that pizza.
Speaker 3: What in the fridge or on the counter?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: On the counter? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah? Well by me like a one record, Christine, I like this one. You know what, I'm going to try it over the weekend. I get those twistings out, lay them overnight and see what they're like, slightly oxidized. I'm going to try it, Christine, beautiful.
Speaker 6: You won't regret it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Marcus Christian, I love eating in the shower. I've never heard of this. There is something so peaceful about eating in a locked room, but the sound of water flowing. I just sit on the shower floor and eat whatever I'm having. You should try it.
Speaker 3: It begs the question is it getting all soggy?
Speaker 1: That's what you're gonna get it wet, Christian. My dad's lettuce and apricot jams sandwiches. Glenn get him to a doctor. That is disgusting. My husbands to work with a bloat that would eat cold soup straight out the can with a spoon. No gold soup, No, no, no, there's a reason why soup has to be eaten up show, and that is that's a disgusting Dan. Good morning, going, I'm good Dan, Happy Friday? And are you a food freak?
Speaker 4: Down a freak?
Speaker 7: It's it's bitter sweat for it is ill.
Speaker 6: Put sugar in my chips.
Speaker 3: Sugar sweet and savor each Yeah, wouldn't we really pair those two together?
Speaker 7: Yeah, chocolate and hot chips.
Speaker 3: Some people fry Mars bars, don't they.
Speaker 1: Fish and chips? Oh, I've tried a deep fried Mars bar. Is actually they do it in scott and they've got it fruit. But it is actually it's it's nice. But you only have that about midnight or on the morning. It's not sort of thing you have sober Dan, thank you very much for cool. Might have a nice weekend. Samantha, good morning.
Speaker 4: Hi, Christian, I need to report my stepfather for loving ham and Smith potato crisps in a sandwich.
Speaker 6: It's got to be saltan wing though.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of sharp taste in there isn't those the tanginess of the salt and vina crisp with the with the ham.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have no idea why I try it. I'm like, no, I think.
Speaker 1: That that could be okay.
Speaker 3: I can had chip. I can imagine it chips to tacos and you can imagine.
Speaker 4: But it's different like that, like cheap, like it's God, that's kind of just playing with the salt in with the hair.
Speaker 1: All right, Samantha, thank you very much for pouring your stepfather. Have a nice you can mate. Let's squeeze brets in before we go to the news. Good morning, Brett. I'm good Brett, And uh are you a food free What do you do? Brett?
Speaker 7: Mind the food combination and don't knock it too try it all right? So basically, take a cheese vision like sandwich, take a bite of the I'm sorry starting it. I take a frodo frog, I buy I buy that, get all that going through it a belt, and then I take a bit of the cheese vegeon like sandwich, and then I chase it down with a glassic coke and it goes down.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 3: The three stages scary that we almost had it in the wrong order.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, you could have ruined trifactor and having us.
Speaker 7: I prefer that than having the stake of the rest rubber combination of steady.
Speaker 1: Answer, Brett, that is mazing. So if people want to try this over the weekend, the three steps on get them in. Please get them in the right order. Step one, step two, choose, Step three you wash it down with a chaser off Coca cola. This is great. I actually want to try this, surely though. It's not just some crazy mess in your mouth of like flavors and oh no, you.
Speaker 7: Swallow threw the chocolate and then you get the fly of chocolate left in your mouth and so you swallowed that. But then you have to choose the right sandwich and then wear it all taste by the time you finished drinking the coke.
Speaker 8: Its magic.
Speaker 7: About ten.
Speaker 1: This is great, Brett. Thank you very much. You calm have a nice weekend.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I had a brother in law who always needs to put butter on the top of his neat pie.
Speaker 5: Rather the top of red frog on my public I used to work with a boat who would take a boy, he would fill the chicken with chocolate. Big it's.
Speaker 1: All right. No, four one four one o four three? Are you a food freak? Christina? Goodbye, Christina, what do you do? Hello there, Christina?
Speaker 8: Hello, Yes, on the food freak. I have sushi with tomato sauce.
Speaker 1: That is not all right. It's not all right. The thing about sushi is why people choose to have It's the delicacy. It's the soy sauce, subtle flavors, disgusting. Right now, the world is shaking its head at that, Christina.
Speaker 8: The devil's judis and its up there with coriander.
Speaker 1: Well, a green coriander. That is disgusting. But soy sauce is a great sauce. It's on the mount rushmal sauces.
Speaker 4: No, it's disgusting.
Speaker 8: When you have the sushi with the tomato sauce. She dips it in like you know, you're dipping a chip in sauce.
Speaker 1: We know what it's meant for. It's not meant for sushi.
Speaker 6: It is people.
Speaker 8: How do you know these things? People invent everything.
Speaker 4: You don't know it until you try.
Speaker 1: It, Christina. It's the behavior. It's the behavior a crazy person or a small child. It's not becoming of an adult. Soy sauce is a beautiful If it meets sushi, they belong together, like Lennon and McCartney.
Speaker 3: No, the only problem I have with soy sauce is it comes in two small packets.
Speaker 8: If you have sushly, if you have the tomato sauce. When you have it with it, because there's already the keeping mainais in it, it goes like a sea cocktail sce. It works.
Speaker 1: There's no subtlety with this. That that thick, gloopy ketchup, which is great in its right context, is great.
Speaker 8: Beare mother. I'm saying, just dip the dip the chip in there.
Speaker 1: What is the reaction around other think of the other people. What is the reaction another people when you're doing this?
Speaker 8: Well, when I worked in the kitchen, the chef saw me, one of the other chefs, and he's like, get the fu.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound like a chef, Christina, Christina, this is the most outrageous one we've had. But thank you very much for giving us a call. Christina. Have a nice weekend. Welcome, thank you.
Speaker 9: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: It's good. We're going to go come to some going to agreement at the end. Erin, good morning, morning, good morning, Erin Eron, do you what do you think you are? Food freak? What do you do?
Speaker 9: My sister and I are absolute food freaks. We used to have a thing that we named a three sauce sanmich It was tomato sauce, barbac sauce, and chili sauce, all mixed together on a fresh baker's the light piece of white bread for lunch from Caya twelve.
Speaker 1: This sounds amazing. That's not free because at all. That's actually genius.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not getting a lot of nutrients from this.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter, doesn't matter. That is awesome, that's that's see. This sounds lovely to me. All those different sauces walking together.
Speaker 4: I'm not quite sure if it sounds lovely.
Speaker 9: It's quite disgusting, but.
Speaker 1: It's you put them all together, so it's ketchup brown sauce and what's the other one.
Speaker 9: Sweet chili sauce.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's great. I'm trying that this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you you and your sister, your food scientists out there forting new ground for us. All right, have a lovely week hered and Eron, Thank you, thanks recording. Let's get one last one in Jody. Hello, Jody, good morning, And are you a food freak?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am a food freak.
Speaker 6: I love to dip my cheesels in vinegar.
Speaker 1: That's so sour, isn't it the cheese vinegar?
Speaker 3: What does the vinegar do to the cheesel.
Speaker 7: Ruin it diesels?
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't. You can't live them too long or they get soggy, which is yucky.
Speaker 6: So you have to dip.
Speaker 4: Them and it gives it a tangy, cheesy, yummy flavor. And I've been eating these for over forty years.
Speaker 1: I tried and tested.
Speaker 3: Dish vinegar. The cheesels out.
Speaker 8: Like a little bowl of vinegar.
Speaker 4: I dip them in and sometimes I put them on my fingers and I just eat them.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter if it's cheese twisties or you know, like the.
Speaker 7: Original no chicken, No, just cheesel, the original.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just originally a little bowl.
Speaker 6: It has to be white vinegar.
Speaker 7: Can't be any other vinegar for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, Jodi, thank you very much, and cool a brighter.
Speaker 2: Now you're listening to the Question of Carl's Show podcast