Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: God on a four point three.
Speaker 1: It's the Christian O'Connell Show, Friday morning four Carl's welcome to the Friday Show.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Patsy.
Speaker 3: I don't know you can you reboot me?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Quite the week with you? And Happy Friday to you, Jack Post.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday, guys.
Speaker 1: And is everyone excited about the weekends you? You're in Sydney for the weekend, Joe.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are doing the Hamish and Any podcast from Sydney and then Hamish Blake. We're having a dinner at his personal house. Listen, guys, please just makes it easy for me. Okay, sorry, we're going to house.
Speaker 4: What is he barbecue?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what.
Speaker 1: He's not going to be getting his hands dirty and like Gordon ramsay around there.
Speaker 2: That coin those two.
Speaker 3: Have got in the bank is a beautiful house. I have been there one time before. It is an amazing place. I'm not sure what he's got playing for dinner, but the whole podcast team is.
Speaker 1: Going Patsy, what are you up to this weekend? Well?
Speaker 4: You know the love God's still laid up, isn't he so?
Speaker 2: Oh? God, the care is back in action.
Speaker 4: No, well, I feel really guilty if I go out and do stuff like you said the other day. Why don't you would already.
Speaker 1: Like Kenny Rodger's song Ruby, where he's in that wheelchair and he's having a go at that lady getting all dressed up to go.
Speaker 2: Out John Tanker Love to town.
Speaker 4: Pat not a great deal, just you know, servicing his all. That sounds wrong, but looking after.
Speaker 2: There's definitely Patsy. Yeah, you're caring for him.
Speaker 3: And has he been wheeling himself around with his new toy?
Speaker 2: No, not really you punch you the tires.
Speaker 4: No, he's still too sore. But I might just shove him out in the song get some Vitamin D?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next then on God one O four point three Double thumbs Up Friday.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast. All right, let's do double thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Will we go around the team on a Friday and share the things we're into at the moment this week?
Speaker 2: Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 4: I just last night finished reading a great book, Kathy Let's latest book, which is Hormone Replacement Therapy. It was so good.
Speaker 2: She is so funny, she is.
Speaker 4: I'm very proud to say she's Australian and I'm actually talking to her tonight. I'm interviewing her coming back into work for the podcast Rage Against the Metopause from London. So I'm very excited. But this was a great book, like late her latest masterpiece.
Speaker 1: See how it's all coming together. Yeah, you're in the Serena Kathy's.
Speaker 2: For a while. It's so funny, like you two together on your podcast.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to get her on the homework. You've done all the post it notes and doggies in that book.
Speaker 4: Well, you can't interview someone about you know, and not know what you're talking about it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I do some of that for the Breakfast Show as well. She's an interview with me.
Speaker 3: It's probably something she was doing during the Breakfast Show yesterday a minute there was a.
Speaker 2: Studio malfunction and apparently no I forgot to.
Speaker 3: Turn it on here.
Speaker 4: But this is great serious like laugh out load, laugh out loud moments and a lot of women going through menopause. It's not just all about menopause. It's it's a fictional story, but about a girl called Ruby who lives in Sydney and tells everyone what she thinks about them because she had a misdiagnosis of cancer.
Speaker 2: And it is actually really what a great setup that could be a movie.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be surprised if I turned that into a movie.
Speaker 2: I can see you write a book and next year or two. Oh, I'd love to off the back of the podcast.
Speaker 1: And all the conversations you're going to have. And I just see all the feedback you're getting as well from from everyone who's really just enjoying what you're doing.
Speaker 4: You know, one of our neighbors, Megan, came over yesterday because I was struggling getting something into the car. She kindly came over this.
Speaker 2: As well chair to go and jump it.
Speaker 4: Run Seriously, you two.
Speaker 2: She's looking after as every need to die.
Speaker 4: And she was so grateful. She said, can I just thank you for your podcast? I said, that's so lovely of you to say, and she said, you know, I've been so desperate at times, but I actually feel heard and I just that sort of.
Speaker 1: Just it must be just lighting up at the moment when you meet people really would enjoy.
Speaker 2: It's very personal.
Speaker 4: It's just been beyond my expectations. The other thing I want to talk about this week is a great little show that the Love God stumbled upon and his stupor being at home Inside the Mind of a Dog Netflix.
Speaker 2: No, it is so right. We've got to go and bust him out. I'm going to go and look after him this week and cry for help. Watched He's watched the whole Internet on the Internet Inside.
Speaker 4: It's so good. It's narrated by Rob Low and they go into the science of a dog's mind and it's just we know what's.
Speaker 2: In that, but it's so not much. Are we going for a walk? Me? Walk? Me's so good?
Speaker 4: And we even watch it with Risley because he loves to see the talks.
Speaker 2: On it sell literally your home. Look, it's like the Madhouse. How can a dog watch it with you?
Speaker 4: Do you know? Dogs have sixteen different facial expressions and Australians have twenty seven Australians but humans have twenty seven.
Speaker 3: I definitely need How many episodes is Roblo getting out of this TV show?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 2: It's so indeed, what is it?
Speaker 1: Is it just one documentary? How can they spread it out? No?
Speaker 4: No, No, it's like, yeah, it's like a special it's.
Speaker 2: Like one right one, and what's that? What's the sequel?
Speaker 3: In so the cat's mid parrot who cares about carrots?
Speaker 2: And Jery Garth's mind. You keep going with this Inside the Mind of a monkey.
Speaker 4: You could inside my mind. No one can wait inside the mind of a pass to the shop.
Speaker 1: That's all right, So you let me know when it ends. By the way, it just makes the whole thing go a bit easier. All right, We're going to take a break and reading book Matsy. We're back with Jack and Ice double thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show podcast, Jackie Boy, what have you been enjoying this week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I stumbled across a great show on Netflix. I must have missed Inside the Mind.
Speaker 2: Of a Dog and get on that. Watching tonight.
Speaker 3: They have their own version of The Mole that they're doing on Netflix. Actually it's season two, so I completely missed season one. But America is now doing The Mole. Twenty years ago in Australia, I remember there's being our family favorite at home and we'd always watch The Mole.
Speaker 2: Great idea.
Speaker 3: It's a great, good idea. So everybody it's like any reality TV show like Survivor, but one person is working against the group to sabotage all their challenges and make them lose money.
Speaker 1: So more condensed than Survivor, isn't it, Because sometimes there's so many, so many things going on with Sue.
Speaker 3: It's just so much distrust built into the show. I would love to I watch all the episodes. And now with Netflix behind it, they've got such a big budget to do great.
Speaker 2: Think you've been running in America for about twenty years. The America version is a big, big show.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I'm watching. I just jumped straight into season two the Netflix one. But I would love, love, love to be on the Mall. I think it would be my number one reality show that I would choose to go.
Speaker 2: I think actually you would be good, and even a bit better than that.
Speaker 3: I would love to actually be the mall.
Speaker 4: Let's plant the seed, let's make it happen.
Speaker 3: Now. People would expect that though in Australian so you've actually done the worst possible thing there, you'd be very bad. We reverse psychology, yes.
Speaker 2: And again, just let me know when they're I've got one more alright O, Well, then fell the gap with words.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we celebrated thirty years of Speed the movie. It's also thirty years of one of my favorite albums, Wheezer's Blue Album, And on YouTube you can watch wheeze are doing something called Spotify Sessions where they've got them back to celebrate thirty years of the Blue album. They play the album Great Albums. I've still got my CD copy of that. It was a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant album.
Speaker 2: I saw as well yesterday. Offspring are coming here.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's is going to be amazing at Jack White is playing Ballarat and he's doing the Corner here in Richmond, which would be incredible. All right, things from me? Then Sugar, Apple TV. I don't know what's happened on Apple.
Speaker 2: TV, right.
Speaker 1: They had all this big money to try and take on Netflix and now they're pulling back massively on Apple TV. And when you go on Apple TV, I find it very hard. It's like walking into t K max. You really got to have a good look round to see where where are the where are your TV?
Speaker 2: Shows?
Speaker 1: I stumbled on the show I think it came out at the start of that. It's called Sugar and it stars a brilliant Hollywood actor. Irish out to Colin Farrell. Who I've never seen anything bad. It's called Sugar. It is brilliant. They're only a half hour episodes. It probabs a private detective. So you you know why I love Yeah, this is Hidden Away Sugar, very very smart, very good. I was loving it up until episode six and then it's in the final two episodes and there's been a very big plot twist that actually they should have let me know six episodes ago, and you should let let the viewers know if you're going to do one of those kind of oh for crying out loud. Come on, it just changes massively.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't say well watching just.
Speaker 1: Watch it the half an hour. It's very very good. And the other thing I loved this week, which I cannot recommend enough. Nick cave On Australia story this week was absolutely brilliant ABC.
Speaker 2: He's lost two of his children.
Speaker 1: His conversation about grief and love and art was just incredibly such an articulate, intelligent man and what a transformation as well out so much pain as well. He put out this book two years ago which I was banging on about on here, which is very very good. But I cannot recommend enough him being interviewed. Was there was something joyous about Yeah, just him talking about everything he's been through. My God, him and his and his wife have been through so much, but still finding meaning and joy in the world. And he's still making music and enjoying that as well. But cannot recommend that enough. Just an incredible one of those you don't often see TV on free to air TV these days, that actually makes you is so compelling you actually haven't taken a breath. You're just transfixed by or captivate by someone actually sharing their story. So cannot recommend enough. Well worth watching this weekend as well. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast