Speaker 1: Hiheart podcasts, heem More Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: There's a couple Laura online at the moment going viral for the funniest story. So this couple's friend, like his college friend. They were catching up and he'd just gotten engaged and he was talking about his wedding to them. He said, I'm getting married next year. It's going to be like so small and intimate and special. And that was the conversation, just like a really private conversation. The couple then received a save the date for the following year, and it was international. It was like over in Argentina. So they do what most people would do for an international wedding, and they lock in the flights and the accommodation and you know, it was fifteen hundred dollars flights, three thousand dollars of accommodation.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, when it's an international wedding, though, save the dates are way more important because you've got to actually block out time for work, and you've got to book the flights on a decent amount of money and blah blah blah. Oh he actually be so organized.
Speaker 2: So they organized the whole thing because they've been friends forever and they've got to save the date, and he told them to their face. You know, small intimate wedding. So they book the same hotel as the groom and bride and the bridal party because they thought that would be easier. So all the family and everyonere at this one hotel. So they booked. That time goes past and they haven't received any updates, and it's like a couple of days before they're flying out and they're still looking for updates. Then that's when it clicks to them. They're like, hang on, we actually never got an invite. They turned up to the wedding uninvited, so they well, okay, this is where it gets it.
Speaker 1: They actually go to the wedding. They just on holidays.
Speaker 2: They stand up to the hotel, they can't change it. They're locked in. They don't want to waste their money and not go, but they're too embarrassed to tell them what happened. So they go to the wedding and then just find out their schedule and just do everything around their schedule. So they're like spies hiding at the wedding. Like so when they see them go to the pool, they would go and book a spa. When they see them going to get massages, they would go out for the day and get whatever it is, and they avoided the whole bridal.
Speaker 1: Party, so they never knew that they were there. Imagine finding out that two of your best friends were at the same hotel where your wedding was being held. Surely because you sent them a save the date and then uninvited.
Speaker 2: But I do you know what I can see how that happens. I think if you've sent us save the date, that is as good as an invitation. If you're uninviting someone, you need to uninvite them. You can't just not follow through with an invitation and think that that's good enough. Right, right, Laura?
Speaker 1: Did you do not to this note because we didn't have a destination wedding? Also, but did you something? Yes, technically, but on a technicality slightly different. So my husband and I we were originally going to get married towards the start of COVID, and then COVID hit and everything kind of went a bit screw loose. So we sent out Save the dates to our family and friends, and then the date changed because you know, COVID hit, and we decided to postpone it. So we actually didn't get married for two and a half years after our original wedding date that was set, or two years or something like that. That's a long time, A long time, a long time. So we'd sent out save the dates. Then our second wedding day, we also then sent out saying, oh, that date's been changed, like hold tight, we'll have more details for you. Two years later, there were some people who we sent saved the dates to on that original mailing list, and let me tell you, we had not heard from them. I had not heard from them, neither had Matt. We'd barely spoken to them in that time, and so I kind of just assumed if we haven't spoken in two years, surely they don't expect to get another save the date.
Speaker 2: So you didn't uninvite them or just didn't send another save the date. I just didn't tell them when the new wedding was. But did they contact you in any capacity?
Speaker 1: One person did?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 1: One of them said, hey, honey, I haven't received the invitation yet, and.
Speaker 2: What did you say? Do you fake it or say because you're not invited? I then invited them under duress. What else are you going to do sorr about that actually didn't come. Oh, they didn't come because they've probably heard you say I'm panicking. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I think it was because by then, like the wedding was actually just a couple of weeks await, like it was very evident. It was just so awkward looking back now, it was so awkward. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to write to them and say, hey, I have not heard from you for two years and I've had a baby and you just kind of vanished from my life. So I didn't think you'd want to come to my wedding. I didn't want to send that there was a bit of passive aggressiveness loaded into that. So instead I just sent them an invite and said, so sorry, honey, if you haven't received it.
Speaker 2: You can read between the lines. If you're getting an invitation three weeks out of a wedding, you're like the last person on the list. Something's gone wrong.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, though, I don't think it's a smart move. If you've sent out save the dates, don't be a coward like I am. At least tell people if they're not invited to the real wedding, especially if they're trying to go to an overseas wedding.